Fattmerchant

Fattmerchant, based in Orlando, Florida, is revolutionizing the payment technology industry by offering powerful credit card processing for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. There has always been a need for a simple, honest processor in the market, and we deliver just that. With Fattmerchant, customers are never charged the unnecessary fees and high hidden markups that other merchant services providers are notorious for. We offer a wide variety of payment technology solutions and work with you to select the one that will best fit your business. Fattmerchant is simply better payment processing. Call us today!

Compare Credit Card Processing Companies

Research top Credit Card Processing Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I read some good reviews for Fattmerchant online so I decided to give them a try. BIG mistake! I found them to be unresponsive, opaque and generally unhelpful. It seems that everyone lives in their own silo and doesn't communicate with each other. Their portal was also quite amateur - something a high school kid could implement better in a hack-a-thon.

We enjoy the service machine of Fattmerchant. Also, not paying the additional credit card processing fee was a big savings for us since we process quite a bit each month. I've only had a couple of times I needed to call their reps but both times they were very responsive and knowledgeable. I'm a big fan of Fattmerchant. And I've referred them to a few other people that own businesses here locally.

Hello Rob! Thank you for this review! We appreciate the kind words and continued support. Happy processing!

I was looking up different options and saw that Fattmerchant was local. When I called them, they were the quickest at getting back to me. I had to speak with Sid a lot and she's been very helpful. She walked me through a lot of different issues at the beginning and was always there when I had a question. We were with First Data before through a bank, and Fattmerchant is way more user-friendly. It saves the credit card number longer and it's much easier to look customers up. Everyone in the office prefers Fattmerchant as opposed to what we were using.

We have one machine where we key in online for payments and then we have an over-the-counter processor that's 10 times faster than any store that I've been to. People commented all the time about how quickly it processes compared to anywhere else. It's been all-around easier from start to finish. Even the process of switching over was well worth everything in the end, with all the benefits that we've gained from Fattmerchant.

Hi Nicole! Thank you for this wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience not only with our team but with our technology as well. Happy processing!

We've been working with Fattmerchant since January. Their interchange prices were better than other companies. Their service machine works just fine. However, we have no sort of direction. But I'm sure it wouldn't be complicated if we got a quick reference card. But the reps were perfectly wonderful over the phone. They're very helpful and friendly.

Hi Angela! Thank you for this review! Please never hesitate to call us directly for assistance if you ever need it - we are always happy to help!

My experience with Fattmerchant ha been a hit and miss. When it came to putting our money in with Fattmerchant, we ran into some problems. We had a customer run a card for $10,000. He was from Germany and the system flagged him. We don't know him but we got to talk to the customer, his card was legitimate, but it still wasn't good enough to make everything happen.

He also tried his German card because he was trying his American card, but that didn't work. So he ran two cards with $5,000, but it was just a pain in the ass. So the guy had to wire transfer. Aside from him, another legitimate customer got stuck in the way of it. So it wasn't just the one customer I couldn't buy parts for, it was two. There needs to be a way to resolve that issue quicker. There was money laying there for three days and nobody knew what was going on with it. But I had worked with other companies and it happened with everybody. And I would still recommend Fattmerchant. Their customer service is cool because I get to talk to people. It's way better than most of the other ones, where I talk to machines.

Hi Herb! Thank you for the review! We take feedback like this seriously and are looking into the matter. We appreciate the kind words regarding our team however and wish you the very best moving forward.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fattmerchant?

I started making phone calls to different credit card processing companies that I was looking into and I really liked the way the representatives from Fattmerchant held themselves out and explained things. They were knowledgeable, friendly, upbeat, encouraging and very helpful in answering all my questions. Fattmerchant has saved us some money which is always good. We started using their system 4 months ago and it has worked flawlessly since.

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for this kind review - so happy to hear everything is working seamlessly for you. Happy processing!

Fattmerchant had a better rate than the other credit card processing companies and their customer service was great. I’ve been working with them for four months already and my experience with them has been fine.

Hi Rob - we really appreciate the review! Looking forward to continuing to work with you and your business. Happy processing!

I've been working with Fattmerchant for two months now. The moment I gave them a confirmation that I wanted to start with them, they knew what to do and it was really easy. I've been with other merchant companies for more than a year and a half and I had some problems. Fattmerchant seems more reliable. All credit cards and merchant companies seem like they'll give me the information in the beginning, but after a few months, I probably will pay more than what I'm supposed to. But with Fattmerchant, I pay as much as I charge. If I charge a little bit, I'll also get to pay it. I know I can trust the amount I am charging.

My service machine works great. I charge my swiper once a week. However, I have one problem with the swiper of SwipeSimple. When a customer pays me more or less and I refund him, the refund shows that it goes through, but I cannot really send him the receipt that he got the refund because it sends him the receipt of the charge that I got from before. So basically, the customer trusts me that I gave a refund, but I cannot really show how. Other than that, I recommend Fattmerchant to friends.

Hello Meir! Thank you so much for this kind review. We love getting feedback from our members, so thank you for taking the time. Happy processing!

We've been working with Fattmerchant for at least two years and have been very pleased. They've always been on top of things when we run into troubleshooting, and every time we would call and have questions, the account manager for our salon always has an answer for them. The experience was phenomenal and I've been telling a lot of people about them.

Hello Aaron! We really appreciate your continued support of Fattmerchant, and this kind review! Happy to hear all is well with your salon - thanks for being such a great member!

I heard about Fattmerchant through Dining Alliance. I contacted Fattmerchant and had them do an analysis on my credit card processing. Their rates were much lower than what I was currently paying, so I switched over and have been working with them since November. I've had to call them not too many times, but they were very helpful when I do. They’ve been pretty decent to me. Overall, it's been a great experience with Fattmerchant.

Hello Melissa! So happy we were able to provide you with a better payments experience. Thank you for this kind review and your continued support - happy processing!

The first 30 days with Fattmerchant were extremely rough and I was ready to cancel. The sales job was done great, but the execution and the implementation was horrible. They sent the machine but there was no training or guide to say how it works. I had to call quite a bit and was very frustrated on the back end how things were set up. But it's working fine now, and customer service was polite.

Hi Jeff! So sorry to hear this. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything you need going forward. We're happy to hear things have been going well, however, and look forward to continuing to work with you and your business!

I belong to Dining Alliance which is a buying cooperative and we decided to go with Fattmerchant for price's sake. Everybody's been very helpful and I haven't any specific issues. I'd give them an A-plus and I'd definitely recommend them.

Hi Cinda! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to continuing to work with you and your business.

I've had to call Fattmerchant a couple of times in the beginning since with setting up, you always have to learn the programming. Other than that, everything's been smooth. Everything that they've said has come true. I'd recommend them compared to the last experience I had.

Hi David! Thank you for this kind review. We are so happy that we were able to improve your payment processing experience. Looking forward to continuing to work with you and your business!

I was looking for a merchant and a pretty good deal and went with Fattmerchant because of their cheaper processing rate. So far, the machine has been pretty easy to use. Also, customer service was great. There were a couple of times we had to call in, but everything was pretty straight. When we call in, they take care of our issues.

Hello Bubacarr! Thank you for this review - we're so glad that you were able to get your questions answered and issues resolved with our team. Happy processing!

I liked Fattmerchant's membership fee and base entry on the card charges as opposed to a percentage all the way around. It's less expensive for me. The numbers added up and it saves me about $200 a month. They have good customer service and are very easy to work with. I'd recommend them.

Hi David! Thank you for your kind review - we're so glad we were able to save you money and improve your processing!

We just got the first report from Fattmerchant and we're not really happy about the rates. We're up about a full percent over what we were. We were at 2.4%, now we're somewhere at 3.5%, which is obviously the wrong way that you wanna go. And we need to talk to them about it. But they were good when we set up. They gave us all the answers we wanted to hear like "We'll get your rate down and we'll be able to save you some money."

Hi Mike! So sorry to hear you're less than pleased with your experience so far with Fattmerchant. Rest assured I have passed your notes on to our customer success team - looking forward to resolving any issues!

Using the fattpay app is super simple and intuitive. It has all the features I need, and when I have questions the staff is supportive and shows me how to accomplish my mission using their service. It's very easy to get set up with the service, the staff is more than helpful, and very easy to start making transactions. I've seen that Fattmerchant doesn't cut corners and seeks to provide quality to its customers. I feel confident and comfortable with my clientele using the front end of the service- everything is simple and professional for them. I would definitely recommend Fattmerchant!

Hi Jesse! Thank you for your kind review! We're so glad that your staff is having an easy time using our system - it's what we strive for in our technology. If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to call in - we love to chat!

Fattmerchant's system is easy to use. The only issue is that by the time we settle our credit card machine, it takes longer to get the money back to us because we settle after our business day ends at seven. We get the money three days later. Someone told us we had to settle at the time on the East Coast but we're in Alaska. Our money is not coming to us soon enough and it's messing up payroll and things like that.

Once, the credit card machine double rang somebody and I was trying to get it removed. I called Fattmerchant and the lady asked me for the account number and I said, "Oh, is that the number on the side of the machine?" She replied, "I don't know" and I'm like, "Why don't you know?" That was interesting. The answer should be "Hold on, I'll ask somebody and then I'll get with you." I know how to be a customer service person. You just ask for help and it's given.

Hi Melanie! First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We always appreciate when members are honest and we take feedback like this seriously. Please don't hesitate to call in with any comments or concerns in the future, we are always happy to chat!

Fattmerchant's prices, equipment and customer service are all better deals than anything else. The machine is even free and complaints are very minimal.

Hi Alex! We appreciate the kind words - thank you!

I switched to Fattmerchant and I have two locations where I use them. The first one I have been using since September and the second one since December. The transition was really easy and their agent has been great.

Hi Eric! Thank you so much for your review. We're happy to hear your kind words about our team and your experience so far. Thanks again!

My wife found Fattmerchant when we were looking for a new credit card company after she did a combination of talking to friends of ours and a massive internet search. It's one of the very few companies that everything is the same amount so we don't have to pay double for the charges for American Express that we do for Visa. Because for years, we never carried American Express and now we do because of them.

We got the machine and that is my biggest thing. I travel for a living and work rodeos and state fairs. I do not have a permanent home storefront where I can find that perfect place to grab signal or put it into a phone line, so I need a cellular machine. I'm the belt guy for the Texas State Fair in Dallas which is a show that lasts a month, where the average Saturday is 250,000 people meaning 250,000 people on their cellphones, doing selfies, etc. so signal is degraded.

The service itself has been wonderful. The customer service has been very good including the processing and the paperwork. Whenever I would have something done, their wait time has been extremely good but they could put on more staff late at night because once again, it goes back to my industry. I work nighttime shows and may need customer service at 11:00. I wish there was more technical staff on late at night.

I prefer having a machine such as Fattmerchant. I love the fact that it’s set up like an app but I have had to have a Square on my wife's iPad as a backup for those times when signal would not go through. The only other thing that I would like for them to add to their processing is the ability to do some kind of a store and forward so that all the information is in the machine when signal does drop and I can go back at a later time and process the account. There doesn't seem to be a store and forward feature now, or if there is, I'm totally unaware of it.

Hi Michael! Thank you so much for your kind words. It's a pleasure knowing that we are able to support unique businesses such as yours. We also appreciate the honest feedback regarding some of the reservations you noted. I am happy to report that your feedback has already been passed along to our Chief Technology Officer and is being examined by our technology team. Please don't hesitate to reach out with anything you might need moving forward - we're always happy to chat!

Fattmerchant is more straightforward with the billing and it's easier to understand. It's cheaper and the customer service that they provide is better than the one I had before.

Hi Gabriel! Thanks so much for this review. We are happy to hear you've enjoyed your experience so far!

The reviews seemed a lot better on Fattmerchant than some of their competitors. All of my experiences with their customer service reps have been great. The last serviced machine has been perfect so far.

Hey there, Christopher! Thank you so much for this kind review! We are so glad to hear you've enjoyed your time with us so far. Happy processing!

FattMerchant has been the best credit card processing company I have worked with over the years. amaZulu began using FattMerchant in 2016 and we are extremely pleased. Not only have our fees been reduced but their customer service is outstanding. Someone has always gotten back to me within 24 hours, usually within 4.

Hello Diane! Thank you so much for this glowing review. We appreciate the kind words, and sincerely hope we continue to exceed expectations as you and amaZulu grow! Happy processing!

I liked that Fattmerchant is subscription-based. It was definitely new and different and we've had a lot of bad experiences before. That's why we gave it a try and we've been happy so far. Customer service is great. I can always get ahold of somebody.

Hi Jennifer! That is so great to hear, thank you for these kind words! We are so glad you've enjoyed your experience with us so far, and we hope to continue to win your business every day. Happy processing!

I did some online research looking for different credit card processing companies and found Fattmerchant. We were looking at speed for getting it up and running, cost associated with it and ease of use, and they met our criteria. The team of reps that we've had from doing some of the compliance stuff to answering customer service questions have been really responsive. Anytime we had any issues, we are able to call through to our rep and they were able help pretty easily. Their customer service has been great from a cost-effective standpoint. However, by the time we pay the Fattmerchant fee and then the credit card fees are taken out, it's significantly higher overall than the other companies that we've used for credit card processing.

I've also had some problems with my email that I haven't seen a response for yet, but that could be on my end more so than on their end. The only issue that I'm having right now is that we have Fattmerchant set up for four different companies. Each of our locations is under a different company, and when they send the email showing that they've billed me for the month, they are not showing which company that applies to. It's hard for record keeping to keep the correct receipt with the correct accounting record. Initially, it came out where I would receive something that showed, either the company name or the bank account that it was pulled from. Then I was able to track it to something, but now it's so generic that I have no idea which of the companies it's coming from. As a retail business we try to keep the cost associated with the specific location together, and for my ease it would be nice to have some reference information.

Hi Michelle! Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that our customer support team has been providing a good experience for you and your team. We are looking into the issue you have detailed below regarding your statements, so please be on the look out for some communication from our team. Hopefully we can get that straightened out for you!

We have been using a variety of different processors since starting in 1980. FattMerchant offers a great price structure and has real service. Our phone call for service is answered by a person with a name and they recognize who we are. That will keep our business.

Hi Doug! Thanks for your review - it means a lot to us that our members are happy with not only our product, but our service as well. So happy to hear that our commitment to voice-to-the-phone service has made an impression on you and your team! We're always happy to chat!

I decided to give it a try seeing the non-stop rising fees I was being charged through my bank merchant. We have saved probably $3,000 with this change. And having a dedicated rep and staff to help you all the time is amazing. I can only say positive things with Fattmerchant.

Hi Michael! We appreciate the kind words! Not surprising about those high fees - we're so glad we were able to save you so much! Please don't hesitate to reach out with whatever you may need, we're always happy to chat!

I am currently using the online virtual Fattmerchant system. Very user-friendly, cost-efficient for any business owner, and excellent tool to process credit card payments. Would like to possibly see in the future more ways to drill into monthly or possibly annual revenues and customer statistics. Even with that mentioned I definitely would recommend to any business owner. Thank you TEAM FATTMERCHANT.

Hi Mike! Thank you so much for your kind review. I will definitely pass your comments on to our tech team - we are constantly working to improve our product and appreciate the feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out with anything else you might need - we are always happy to chat!

My husband went to a meeting and he mentioned to me how Fattmerchant's rate and fees were, so I called them up. It's a really user-friendly program and the fees are fantastic. I also liked the way it has the scheduling hosting or I can do a link so the client can fill out all the information to process their credit card. We're contacted every two weeks or once a month that clients get charged, and the scheduled payment is easy and user-friendly. Plus every time I have a question, they've answered correctly in the 24 hours of the question asked.

Hi Jennifer! Thank you for this kind review - we are so happy to hear that you've found success with Fattmerchant. Particularly, that our customer service team has been able to assist you along the way! We look forward to continuing to work alongside you as your business grows.

Fattmerchant Company Profile