4.46/5
Based on 57 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need credit card processing?

Fattmerchant

Fattmerchant, based in Orlando, Florida, is revolutionizing the payment technology industry by offering powerful credit card processing for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. There has always been a need for a simple, honest processor in the market, and we deliver just that. With Fattmerchant, customers are never charged the unnecessary fees and high hidden markups that other merchant services providers are notorious for. We offer a wide variety of payment technology solutions and work with you to select the one that will best fit your business. Fattmerchant is simply better payment processing. Call us today!

58 Fattmerchant Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

The experience I have had with Fattmerchant is the best experience I have had with any Merchant Services company. The customer service is professional and clear and their fees are transparent and the lowest I have ever seen! I would highly recommend them.

Fattmerchant response

Jessa - we are so glad to hear about your great experiences with Fattmerchant. Thanks for the kind review and continued support!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Fattmerchant is by far the best merchant service I have ever used. I was very skeptical at first. I mean a flat fee credit card service but Fattmerchant has made a believer out of me. I have been in business for my self since 1989 and by far they are the best I've ever used. If you are not using Fattmerchant then I strongly suggest you change NOW!

Fattmerchant response

Thank you so much for this kind review, Philip. We look forward to continuing to provide the best processing for your business!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Card Processing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We researched many companies before switching carriers, because we wanted a company that was transparent and didn't add too much cost to our business transactions. We loved the flat rate option, as we almost consistently have monthly transactions that save us money. The company is super easy to work with, has great customer service, and doesn't feel "crooked" in any way as many of the other companies do.

Fattmerchant response

Thanks for the kind review! Transparency is one of our core values and we are happy to provide trustworthy service to our partners.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Before signing on with Fattmerchant I did a considerable amount of research trying to obtain the fairest/lowest credit card processing fees for our non profit organization. I found an article that named Fattmerchant and a few others and after even more research I signed on with them. After nearly a year, the promised lower rates have continued. Furthermore, I was just solicited by another merchant service provider who has a new package designed for nonprofits, and though the rates were really close, they were still higher than we are paying with Fattmerchant. The transition from the old MSP to Fattmerchant was without issue and the fees are transparent. I would highly recommend this company.

Fattmerchant response

It's always our pleasure to deliver the best experience for our members! Thank you for these kind words and show of support.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We have been processing with Fattmerchant for almost a year now. Very professional organization and the charges are easy to understand and reasonable. They have made the simplest and most affordable way to process credit cards. Communication is fantastic. Thank you Fattmerchant!

Fattmerchant response

Thank you for taking the time to post this kind review and for your continued support!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fattmerchant?

Original review: June 4, 2018

We began with Fattmerchant several years ago when they were relatively new. From the beginning, they were very responsive and caring in response to all of our questions, and went out of their way to meet our need for individualized processing. (We are a law firm with unique requirements). The low fees are another fabulous aspect of their service. The flat-rate fees are lower than the competition, measured by practically any means, (we did our research). We have been so pleased with our switch to Fattmerchant.

Fattmerchant response

Original review: March 7, 2018

Fattmerchant is typical of the credit card industry - Misrepresented their services. I specifically asked if they do next day funding. The funds came thru after 48 hours despite my test deposit being done at 3pm EST. Now they won't refund my $100 after I told them to cancel their services. They seemed a breath of fresh air but their slick marketing is just that! I will be disputing this charge with my bank.

Fattmerchant response

I would like to apologize for this experience. What you have described here in no way reflects how we strive to do business, and I will be relaying these concerns to the appropriate parties in order to get you a resolution as quickly as possible. Thank you for your understanding as we work to get this resolved for you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Updated Post 02/07/18. Called Fattmerchant and figured out they are ONLY a white label for a larger company called Bantam. Also, they are holding $60k from us, a small business! We talked with Marni from Fattmerchant and Justin ** from Bantam and they will NOT release our money, but they sure did accept it! They have no desire to help and they do not care about small businesses whatsoever. They are literally small business killers. Please, if you are small, medium or large do not use Fattmerchant (Customer service is -10 out of 5), Bantam, the company that took our money and do not have plans on releasing it for 180 days (Operations & Customer Support -10 out of 5)... Complete Apathy after they took our money and charged us a subscription. Never in my life have I seen something like this.

Original Post Below 02/04/18. To disclose that this is an honest post; my company was in the UCF incubator program just as Fattmerchant was and I was excited to work with them because we went through the same connections and mentors to get start up help. I felt it was a loyal and honorable action to support Fattmerchant because of our same connections. However, they are the worst company to deal with all around and the amount of money they have lost my company was not worth the money saved to transfer from a different merchant. 100% honest truth.

If I could give Fattmerchant zero stars I would. They have lost thousands of my company's dollars during the onboarding process, when it was obvious employees were not trained correctly or prepared for new clients. Fattmerchant went back and forth with my company requesting more and more documents, blaming things on risk management and NEVER getting back to me or any of my business partners. This resulted in a delay of my company being able to receive money. Thousands were lost and I also was yelled at, interrupted and accused by Marni ** the "Director of Operations".

Other than that, my company has been growing very quickly and Fattmerchant still to this date has and has been holding over $45,000 of the company's money. We need the money to pay employees, vendors, company expenses to survive and so the company can operate. Again after numerous amount of calls and emails, Carlos my second "rep" and sixth different employee to talk to never called back or picked up a call. We still don't have that money they've been holding for 10 days. Fattmerchant recently received their seed B funding for $5 million dollars and are expanding much too fast. Their customer service is 0 of 5 stars, their risk management is 0 of 5 stars, their onboarding process is 0 of 5 stars which means their internal operations is 0 of 5 stars.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Brad, we're very sorry to hear about this experience. We're always here to help, so please feel free to reach out at any time to discuss this issue further. We always act with the merchant in mind, and are disheartened to hear this in response to an interaction you've had with our team. Again, our apologies and I thank you for your understanding as we work toward a resolution for you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

The same thing happened with us as the same negative review that was posted. I have a clean merchant processing history with 2 other processors I'm currently with. They are quick to draw you in into their so called "wonderful company," but one thing I've learned is NEVER to believe any of these positive reviews. So I completed an application without any problems and the same exact thing happened to me, was complete ignored after the application was completed. The same person never bothered to return calls or keep up her emails, just stalling and lies left and right.

I was straight forward with them about my processing history and volume without any problems. Then all of the sudden, they started wanting the strangest of all information that I was never required to send any processing company. NEVER send any processing company a business checking account information whatsoever. They will debit your account left and right and you have no protection from any banks, just personal accounts you can dispute the transactions, to the second they start dipping into your bank account that's a business class, you're screwed.

So anyhows, ** was on the phone numerous time and started asking me for all these reports, such as summary of inventory for 2016, profit loss statements etc. Nothing but BS stalling tactics. But before that, they had a 2.9% +.3 flat rate program that they said I'd qualify for. But their intentions was to yes me to death and they did nothing. They have all my personal information and financials, that they have probably thrown somewhere in a public place.

2 Things I've learned, (1) the processing companies dont care about you as a merchant. The reality is that no one is going to help you except yourself. When there's a chargeback, no one is willing to help you, even though you know the buyer is committing fraud. Your own processing company is there just to hit you with a fee, they are nothing but paper pushers. When you contact the buyer's credit card company, they will do nothing as well. (2) Never believe any of these reviews that are positive about merchant processing companies, especially FattMerchant. If you look at the application, they are backed by another company.

Scumbag processing companies will contract themselves with other "resellers" to hide behind. If you look at the application, always google the actual underwriter or real processing company behind the people you're calling. 9 times out of 10, they are nothing but crooks. Read what you sign, avoid lengthy contracts, mid-qualified surcharges and termination fees. Some of these scumbag companies make their livelihood off the termination fees because they will conduct less than ethical business practices and make you cancel the contract while holding thousands of dollars of your own money (which is why you never ship anything out until the money is in your bank account not before) and stick you with their termination fee. The bottom line is trust no one except yourself. Be very wary about these processing companies. Do your research and go with what you find is acceptable.

Fattmerchant response

We'd like to apologize about the experience you've detailed here. This is not how we strive to operate, and are disheartened to hear this response come from an interaction you've had with Fattmerchant. We understand your frustration, but would like to reassure you that we always act with the merchant's best interest in mind, following the strictest of security standards and never including hidden fees. We're always here to help so please don't hesitate to reach out at any time.

Original review: June 20, 2017

I read some good reviews for Fattmerchant online so I decided to give them a try. BIG mistake! I found them to be unresponsive, opaque and generally unhelpful. It seems that everyone lives in their own silo and doesn't communicate with each other. Their portal was also quite amateur - something a high school kid could implement better in a hack-a-thon.

Original review: April 5, 2017

We enjoy the service machine of Fattmerchant. Also, not paying the additional credit card processing fee was a big savings for us since we process quite a bit each month. I've only had a couple of times I needed to call their reps but both times they were very responsive and knowledgeable. I'm a big fan of Fattmerchant. And I've referred them to a few other people that own businesses here locally.

Fattmerchant response

Hello Rob! Thank you for this review! We appreciate the kind words and continued support. Happy processing!

Original review: April 3, 2017

I was looking up different options and saw that Fattmerchant was local. When I called them, they were the quickest at getting back to me. I had to speak with Sid a lot and she's been very helpful. She walked me through a lot of different issues at the beginning and was always there when I had a question. We were with First Data before through a bank, and Fattmerchant is way more user-friendly. It saves the credit card number longer and it's much easier to look customers up. Everyone in the office prefers Fattmerchant as opposed to what we were using.

We have one machine where we key in online for payments and then we have an over-the-counter processor that's 10 times faster than any store that I've been to. People commented all the time about how quickly it processes compared to anywhere else. It's been all-around easier from start to finish. Even the process of switching over was well worth everything in the end, with all the benefits that we've gained from Fattmerchant.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Nicole! Thank you for this wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience not only with our team but with our technology as well. Happy processing!

Original review: April 1, 2017

We've been working with Fattmerchant since January. Their interchange prices were better than other companies. Their service machine works just fine. However, we have no sort of direction. But I'm sure it wouldn't be complicated if we got a quick reference card. But the reps were perfectly wonderful over the phone. They're very helpful and friendly.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Angela! Thank you for this review! Please never hesitate to call us directly for assistance if you ever need it - we are always happy to help!

Original review: March 30, 2017

My experience with Fattmerchant ha been a hit and miss. When it came to putting our money in with Fattmerchant, we ran into some problems. We had a customer run a card for $10,000. He was from Germany and the system flagged him. We don't know him but we got to talk to the customer, his card was legitimate, but it still wasn't good enough to make everything happen.

He also tried his German card because he was trying his American card, but that didn't work. So he ran two cards with $5,000, but it was just a pain in the ass. So the guy had to wire transfer. Aside from him, another legitimate customer got stuck in the way of it. So it wasn't just the one customer I couldn't buy parts for, it was two. There needs to be a way to resolve that issue quicker. There was money laying there for three days and nobody knew what was going on with it. But I had worked with other companies and it happened with everybody. And I would still recommend Fattmerchant. Their customer service is cool because I get to talk to people. It's way better than most of the other ones, where I talk to machines.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Herb! Thank you for the review! We take feedback like this seriously and are looking into the matter. We appreciate the kind words regarding our team however and wish you the very best moving forward.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I started making phone calls to different credit card processing companies that I was looking into and I really liked the way the representatives from Fattmerchant held themselves out and explained things. They were knowledgeable, friendly, upbeat, encouraging and very helpful in answering all my questions. Fattmerchant has saved us some money which is always good. We started using their system 4 months ago and it has worked flawlessly since.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for this kind review - so happy to hear everything is working seamlessly for you. Happy processing!

Original review: March 19, 2017

Fattmerchant had a better rate than the other credit card processing companies and their customer service was great. I’ve been working with them for four months already and my experience with them has been fine.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Rob - we really appreciate the review! Looking forward to continuing to work with you and your business. Happy processing!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I've been working with Fattmerchant for two months now. The moment I gave them a confirmation that I wanted to start with them, they knew what to do and it was really easy. I've been with other merchant companies for more than a year and a half and I had some problems. Fattmerchant seems more reliable. All credit cards and merchant companies seem like they'll give me the information in the beginning, but after a few months, I probably will pay more than what I'm supposed to. But with Fattmerchant, I pay as much as I charge. If I charge a little bit, I'll also get to pay it. I know I can trust the amount I am charging.

My service machine works great. I charge my swiper once a week. However, I have one problem with the swiper of SwipeSimple. When a customer pays me more or less and I refund him, the refund shows that it goes through, but I cannot really send him the receipt that he got the refund because it sends him the receipt of the charge that I got from before. So basically, the customer trusts me that I gave a refund, but I cannot really show how. Other than that, I recommend Fattmerchant to friends.

Fattmerchant response

Hello Meir! Thank you so much for this kind review. We love getting feedback from our members, so thank you for taking the time. Happy processing!

Original review: March 15, 2017

We've been working with Fattmerchant for at least two years and have been very pleased. They've always been on top of things when we run into troubleshooting, and every time we would call and have questions, the account manager for our salon always has an answer for them. The experience was phenomenal and I've been telling a lot of people about them.

Fattmerchant response

Hello Aaron! We really appreciate your continued support of Fattmerchant, and this kind review! Happy to hear all is well with your salon - thanks for being such a great member!

Original review: March 12, 2017

I heard about Fattmerchant through Dining Alliance. I contacted Fattmerchant and had them do an analysis on my credit card processing. Their rates were much lower than what I was currently paying, so I switched over and have been working with them since November. I've had to call them not too many times, but they were very helpful when I do. They’ve been pretty decent to me. Overall, it's been a great experience with Fattmerchant.

Fattmerchant response

Hello Melissa! So happy we were able to provide you with a better payments experience. Thank you for this kind review and your continued support - happy processing!

Original review: March 6, 2017

The first 30 days with Fattmerchant were extremely rough and I was ready to cancel. The sales job was done great, but the execution and the implementation was horrible. They sent the machine but there was no training or guide to say how it works. I had to call quite a bit and was very frustrated on the back end how things were set up. But it's working fine now, and customer service was polite.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Jeff! So sorry to hear this. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything you need going forward. We're happy to hear things have been going well, however, and look forward to continuing to work with you and your business!

Original review: March 2, 2017

I belong to Dining Alliance which is a buying cooperative and we decided to go with Fattmerchant for price's sake. Everybody's been very helpful and I haven't any specific issues. I'd give them an A-plus and I'd definitely recommend them.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Cinda! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to continuing to work with you and your business.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I've had to call Fattmerchant a couple of times in the beginning since with setting up, you always have to learn the programming. Other than that, everything's been smooth. Everything that they've said has come true. I'd recommend them compared to the last experience I had.

Fattmerchant response

Hi David! Thank you for this kind review. We are so happy that we were able to improve your payment processing experience. Looking forward to continuing to work with you and your business!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I was looking for a merchant and a pretty good deal and went with Fattmerchant because of their cheaper processing rate. So far, the machine has been pretty easy to use. Also, customer service was great. There were a couple of times we had to call in, but everything was pretty straight. When we call in, they take care of our issues.

Fattmerchant response

Hello Bubacarr! Thank you for this review - we're so glad that you were able to get your questions answered and issues resolved with our team. Happy processing!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I liked Fattmerchant's membership fee and base entry on the card charges as opposed to a percentage all the way around. It's less expensive for me. The numbers added up and it saves me about $200 a month. They have good customer service and are very easy to work with. I'd recommend them.

Fattmerchant response

Hi David! Thank you for your kind review - we're so glad we were able to save you money and improve your processing!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

We just got the first report from Fattmerchant and we're not really happy about the rates. We're up about a full percent over what we were. We were at 2.4%, now we're somewhere at 3.5%, which is obviously the wrong way that you wanna go. And we need to talk to them about it. But they were good when we set up. They gave us all the answers we wanted to hear like "We'll get your rate down and we'll be able to save you some money."

Fattmerchant response

Hi Mike! So sorry to hear you're less than pleased with your experience so far with Fattmerchant. Rest assured I have passed your notes on to our customer success team - looking forward to resolving any issues!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

Using the fattpay app is super simple and intuitive. It has all the features I need, and when I have questions the staff is supportive and shows me how to accomplish my mission using their service. It's very easy to get set up with the service, the staff is more than helpful, and very easy to start making transactions. I've seen that Fattmerchant doesn't cut corners and seeks to provide quality to its customers. I feel confident and comfortable with my clientele using the front end of the service- everything is simple and professional for them. I would definitely recommend Fattmerchant!

Fattmerchant response

Hi Jesse! Thank you for your kind review! We're so glad that your staff is having an easy time using our system - it's what we strive for in our technology. If you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to call in - we love to chat!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Fattmerchant's system is easy to use. The only issue is that by the time we settle our credit card machine, it takes longer to get the money back to us because we settle after our business day ends at seven. We get the money three days later. Someone told us we had to settle at the time on the East Coast but we're in Alaska. Our money is not coming to us soon enough and it's messing up payroll and things like that.

Once, the credit card machine double rang somebody and I was trying to get it removed. I called Fattmerchant and the lady asked me for the account number and I said, "Oh, is that the number on the side of the machine?" She replied, "I don't know" and I'm like, "Why don't you know?" That was interesting. The answer should be "Hold on, I'll ask somebody and then I'll get with you." I know how to be a customer service person. You just ask for help and it's given.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Melanie! First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We always appreciate when members are honest and we take feedback like this seriously. Please don't hesitate to call in with any comments or concerns in the future, we are always happy to chat!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Fattmerchant's prices, equipment and customer service are all better deals than anything else. The machine is even free and complaints are very minimal.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Alex! We appreciate the kind words - thank you!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I switched to Fattmerchant and I have two locations where I use them. The first one I have been using since September and the second one since December. The transition was really easy and their agent has been great.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Eric! Thank you so much for your review. We're happy to hear your kind words about our team and your experience so far. Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

My wife found Fattmerchant when we were looking for a new credit card company after she did a combination of talking to friends of ours and a massive internet search. It's one of the very few companies that everything is the same amount so we don't have to pay double for the charges for American Express that we do for Visa. Because for years, we never carried American Express and now we do because of them.

We got the machine and that is my biggest thing. I travel for a living and work rodeos and state fairs. I do not have a permanent home storefront where I can find that perfect place to grab signal or put it into a phone line, so I need a cellular machine. I'm the belt guy for the Texas State Fair in Dallas which is a show that lasts a month, where the average Saturday is 250,000 people meaning 250,000 people on their cellphones, doing selfies, etc. so signal is degraded.

The service itself has been wonderful. The customer service has been very good including the processing and the paperwork. Whenever I would have something done, their wait time has been extremely good but they could put on more staff late at night because once again, it goes back to my industry. I work nighttime shows and may need customer service at 11:00. I wish there was more technical staff on late at night.

I prefer having a machine such as Fattmerchant. I love the fact that it’s set up like an app but I have had to have a Square on my wife's iPad as a backup for those times when signal would not go through. The only other thing that I would like for them to add to their processing is the ability to do some kind of a store and forward so that all the information is in the machine when signal does drop and I can go back at a later time and process the account. There doesn't seem to be a store and forward feature now, or if there is, I'm totally unaware of it.

Fattmerchant response

Hi Michael! Thank you so much for your kind words. It's a pleasure knowing that we are able to support unique businesses such as yours. We also appreciate the honest feedback regarding some of the reservations you noted. I am happy to report that your feedback has already been passed along to our Chief Technology Officer and is being examined by our technology team. Please don't hesitate to reach out with anything you might need moving forward - we're always happy to chat!

Fattmerchant expert review by Beverly Harzog

Founded in 2014, Fattmerchant offers subscription-based credit card processing solutions designed for small businesses. Fattmerchant keeps their service simple and clear, eliminating hidden charges or surprise fees.

• Subscription-based service: Fattmerchant keeps pricing simple with transparency about their subscription services. Their flat fees mean that consumers will not be surprised by hidden charges.

• Payment options: Fattmerchant offers three different packages for their subscription service. Fattmerchant’s starter tier begins a $69 per month and 25 cents per transaction. Their mid-tier service is $79 per month and 15 cents per transaction, and retail service charges $99 per month and eight cents per transaction. Interchange fees may apply.

• Mobile payments: Fattmerchant’s mobile payment service allows users to turn their phones into a payment terminal.

• Virtual terminals: Fattmerchant’s virtual terminals have an easy-to-use interface that allows consumers to input orders over the phone.

• Retail solutions: Fattmerchant provides retail solutions from countertop card readers to full terminals to fit consumer’s business needs.

• Best for: Fattmerchant is best for owners of small businesses who want the convenience of a flat fee subscription charge for their processing software.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
    Beverly Harzog

Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Fattmerchant Company Information