4.40/5

Need credit card processing?

Fattmerchant

Fattmerchant, based in Orlando, Florida, is revolutionizing the payment technology industry by offering powerful credit card processing for small to medium-sized businesses across the United States. There has always been a need for a simple, honest processor in the market, and we deliver just that. With Fattmerchant, customers are never charged the unnecessary fees and high hidden markups that other merchant services providers are notorious for. We offer a wide variety of payment technology solutions and work with you to select the one that will best fit your business. Fattmerchant is simply better payment processing. Call us today!

Need credit card processing?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Fattmerchant Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

We have been using the in office terminals for a few years and had a wonderful experience. Our partners had been looking at doing online payments for our patients and did research on several different companies. I reached out to Fattmerchant. The processing fees we the selling point for our doctors. Once we started the integration with online payments it went so smoothly. The account manager helped me set up my online dashboard, showed me the link I can use on the website, attached to invoices, etc. We have been using the online payments now for about two months and have had a wonderful experience.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Please consider another company. When you need support they only allow email. They will answer your questions with one liner emails back. If you don't respond back to the email fast enough they close the ticket. The phone number they give in the emails to contact them goes to an answering service, you will be on hold to get to the answering service for anywhere between 15-30 minutes, the girl will tell you, "Call volume is high today so you will need to wait." You wait another 15-30 minutes and when someone finally answers they tell you you need to talk to Fattmerchant.

You can not do refunds easily, and the end of day never matches our software system because things like refunds do not show up. You have to use several programs to do business with these people and they all say the other business is responsible for your issues. Or the last resort they use is it's the customer's bank! Error 657. The customer's bank is blocking the transaction. The customer calls their bank while in our busy lobby to be told there is not an issue on their end. In 5 years in business we have never had these ERROR messages happen!! So the client is inconvenienced and aggravated as is our staff! We are an extremely busy company and don't have time for these kind of issues. Yet Fattmerchant will not respond to us even after I sent literally 20 emails one after another asking to have someone call me!! Please, please, please do not use this company!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Card Processing delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 22, 2019

The absolute worst experience I've ever had dealing with a processor. The only motivated part of the team was Sales, predictably. Submitted 3 separate pieces of information as requested and the sales person gave motivating emails over the course of 3 weeks- "it'll be ready soon"- all of which were not honored. I was repeatedly told that the case had been escalated but was mysteriously stuck in back end processing, and that's where the details end. To this day I am unable to reach them, get a response, or know what happened with our information. I've read other reviews that FattMerchant hits you with hidden fees, assuming you don't check your bank statements. We never even got that far. 1 month down the drain due to false promises. Don't bother with these guys.

Fattmerchant response

Hi there. We regret to hear that you didn't have a great experience working with us, but we hope you are able to find a processing solution that works for your business. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I started out processing with Fattmerchant a while back because other card processors were not living up to what they said they could deliver. Ever since the first day customer service has been amazing, I haven't had any issues processing any payments and the fees are the best. I have been recommending them to all my friends and family that have businesses.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I am a first-time business owner. I have been very pleased with how easy it is to use our credit card terminal. I have received outstanding customer service from Fattmerchant. This company has helped reduce the much of the stress that comes with starting my own business. I highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fattmerchant?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My dental office has been with Fattmerchant for only one month and we have had outstanding customer service from them. The saving on their low fees is saving our dentist a unbelievable amount! We highly recommend this company.

Fattmerchant response

Thanks for the review, Tina. We are so glad to hear about your dentist's savings and look forward to providing him with exceptional service for years to come!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We have only been with Fattmerchant for about 5 months, but they have not become distant with customer service. With the previous company we used, I would have to be on the phone for hours to fix one simple little problem. With Fattmerchant I call right in and get someone local. If they are not able to fix my problem over the phone they offer to send someone out right away because we are local. We have a local rep that is designated to us and Katie stays in touch with me often and responds to all my emails I send. This company is top notch!!

Fattmerchant response

Casey- It's always our pleasure to deliver the best experience for our members! Thank you for these kind words and show of support.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have accepted credit cards for over 10 years and got tired of all the excessive fees tacked on at the end of the month and the yearly PCI compliance fee from my previous credit card processor. I switched to Fattmerchant recently and have been pleasantly surprised! They have excellent customer service, honest fees and a very easy and intuitive dashboard for submitting customer payments online. I would highly recommend that you give them a try!

Fattmerchant response

Hey Joseph! Thank you so much for this kind review. We look forward to continuing to provide the best processing for your business!

Original review: June 20, 2018

The experience I have had with Fattmerchant is the best experience I have had with any Merchant Services company. The customer service is professional and clear and their fees are transparent and the lowest I have ever seen! I would highly recommend them.

Fattmerchant response

Jessa - we are so glad to hear about your great experiences with Fattmerchant. Thanks for the kind review and continued support!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Fattmerchant is by far the best merchant service I have ever used. I was very skeptical at first. I mean a flat fee credit card service but Fattmerchant has made a believer out of me. I have been in business for my self since 1989 and by far they are the best I've ever used. If you are not using Fattmerchant then I strongly suggest you change NOW!

Fattmerchant response

Thank you so much for this kind review, Philip. We look forward to continuing to provide the best processing for your business!

Fattmerchant expert review by Beverly Harzog

Founded in 2014, Fattmerchant offers subscription-based credit card processing solutions designed for small businesses. Fattmerchant keeps their service simple and clear, eliminating hidden charges or surprise fees.

• Subscription-based service: Fattmerchant keeps pricing simple with transparency about their subscription services. Their flat fees mean that consumers will not be surprised by hidden charges.

• Payment options: Fattmerchant offers three different packages for their subscription service. Fattmerchant’s starter tier begins a $69 per month and 25 cents per transaction. Their mid-tier service is $79 per month and 15 cents per transaction, and retail service charges $99 per month and eight cents per transaction. Interchange fees may apply.

• Mobile payments: Fattmerchant’s mobile payment service allows users to turn their phones into a payment terminal.

• Virtual terminals: Fattmerchant’s virtual terminals have an easy-to-use interface that allows consumers to input orders over the phone.

• Retail solutions: Fattmerchant provides retail solutions from countertop card readers to full terminals to fit consumer’s business needs.

• Best for: Fattmerchant is best for owners of small businesses who want the convenience of a flat fee subscription charge for their processing software.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
      Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Fattmerchant Company Information