toll free

Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress

Fattmerchant

Hi Melanie! First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We always appreciate when members are honest and we take feedback like this seriously. Please don't hesitate to call in with any comments or concerns in the future, we are always happy to chat!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Fattmerchant's system is easy to use. The only issue is that by the time we settle our credit card machine, it takes longer to get the money back to us because we settle after our business day ends at seven. We get the money three days later. Someone told us we had to settle at the time on the East Coast but we're in Alaska. Our money is not coming to us soon enough and it's messing up payroll and things like that.

Once, the credit card machine double rang somebody and I was trying to get it removed. I called Fattmerchant and the lady asked me for the account number and I said, "Oh, is that the number on the side of the machine?" She replied, "I don't know" and I'm like, "Why don't you know?" That was interesting. The answer should be "Hold on, I'll ask somebody and then I'll get with you." I know how to be a customer service person. You just ask for help and it's given.

Fattmerchant

Hi Alex! We appreciate the kind words - thank you!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Fattmerchant's prices, equipment and customer service are all better deals than anything else. The machine is even free and complaints are very minimal.

Fattmerchant

Hi Eric! Thank you so much for your review. We're happy to hear your kind words about our team and your experience so far. Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I switched to Fattmerchant and I have two locations where I use them. The first one I have been using since September and the second one since December. The transition was really easy and their agent has been great.

Resolution In Progress

Fattmerchant

Hi Michael! Thank you so much for your kind words. It's a pleasure knowing that we are able to support unique businesses such as yours. We also appreciate the honest feedback regarding some of the reservations you noted. I am happy to report that your feedback has already been passed along to our Chief Technology Officer and is being examined by our technology team. Please don't hesitate to reach out with anything you might need moving forward - we're always happy to chat!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

My wife found Fattmerchant when we were looking for a new credit card company after she did a combination of talking to friends of ours and a massive internet search. It's one of the very few companies that everything is the same amount so we don't have to pay double for the charges for American Express that we do for Visa. Because for years, we never carried American Express and now we do because of them.

We got the machine and that is my biggest thing. I travel for a living and work rodeos and state fairs. I do not have a permanent home storefront where I can find that perfect place to grab signal or put it into a phone line, so I need a cellular machine. I'm the belt guy for the Texas State Fair in Dallas which is a show that lasts a month, where the average Saturday is 250,000 people meaning 250,000 people on their cellphones, doing selfies, etc. so signal is degraded.

The service itself has been wonderful. The customer service has been very good including the processing and the paperwork. Whenever I would have something done, their wait time has been extremely good but they could put on more staff late at night because once again, it goes back to my industry. I work nighttime shows and may need customer service at 11:00. I wish there was more technical staff on late at night.

I prefer having a machine such as Fattmerchant. I love the fact that it’s set up like an app but I have had to have a Square on my wife's iPad as a backup for those times when signal would not go through. The only other thing that I would like for them to add to their processing is the ability to do some kind of a store and forward so that all the information is in the machine when signal does drop and I can go back at a later time and process the account. There doesn't seem to be a store and forward feature now, or if there is, I'm totally unaware of it.

Fattmerchant

Hi Gabriel! Thanks so much for this review. We are happy to hear you've enjoyed your experience so far!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Fattmerchant is more straightforward with the billing and it's easier to understand. It's cheaper and the customer service that they provide is better than the one I had before.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fattmerchant?

Fattmerchant

Hey there, Christopher! Thank you so much for this kind review! We are so glad to hear you've enjoyed your time with us so far. Happy processing!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

The reviews seemed a lot better on Fattmerchant than some of their competitors. All of my experiences with their customer service reps have been great. The last serviced machine has been perfect so far.

Fattmerchant

Hello Diane! Thank you so much for this glowing review. We appreciate the kind words, and sincerely hope we continue to exceed expectations as you and amaZulu grow! Happy processing!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

FattMerchant has been the best credit card processing company I have worked with over the years. amaZulu began using FattMerchant in 2016 and we are extremely pleased. Not only have our fees been reduced but their customer service is outstanding. Someone has always gotten back to me within 24 hours, usually within 4.

Fattmerchant

Hi Jennifer! That is so great to hear, thank you for these kind words! We are so glad you've enjoyed your experience with us so far, and we hope to continue to win your business every day. Happy processing!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I liked that Fattmerchant is subscription-based. It was definitely new and different and we've had a lot of bad experiences before. That's why we gave it a try and we've been happy so far. Customer service is great. I can always get ahold of somebody.

Fattmerchant

Hi Michelle! Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that our customer support team has been providing a good experience for you and your team. We are looking into the issue you have detailed below regarding your statements, so please be on the look out for some communication from our team. Hopefully we can get that straightened out for you!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

I did some online research looking for different credit card processing companies and found Fattmerchant. We were looking at speed for getting it up and running, cost associated with it and ease of use, and they met our criteria. The team of reps that we've had from doing some of the compliance stuff to answering customer service questions have been really responsive. Anytime we had any issues, we are able to call through to our rep and they were able help pretty easily. Their customer service has been great from a cost-effective standpoint. However, by the time we pay the Fattmerchant fee and then the credit card fees are taken out, it's significantly higher overall than the other companies that we've used for credit card processing.

I've also had some problems with my email that I haven't seen a response for yet, but that could be on my end more so than on their end. The only issue that I'm having right now is that we have Fattmerchant set up for four different companies. Each of our locations is under a different company, and when they send the email showing that they've billed me for the month, they are not showing which company that applies to. It's hard for record keeping to keep the correct receipt with the correct accounting record. Initially, it came out where I would receive something that showed, either the company name or the bank account that it was pulled from. Then I was able to track it to something, but now it's so generic that I have no idea which of the companies it's coming from. As a retail business we try to keep the cost associated with the specific location together, and for my ease it would be nice to have some reference information.

Fattmerchant

Hi Doug! Thanks for your review - it means a lot to us that our members are happy with not only our product, but our service as well. So happy to hear that our commitment to voice-to-the-phone service has made an impression on you and your team! We're always happy to chat!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

We have been using a variety of different processors since starting in 1980. FattMerchant offers a great price structure and has real service. Our phone call for service is answered by a person with a name and they recognize who we are. That will keep our business.

Fattmerchant

Hi Michael! We appreciate the kind words! Not surprising about those high fees - we're so glad we were able to save you so much! Please don't hesitate to reach out with whatever you may need, we're always happy to chat!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I decided to give it a try seeing the non-stop rising fees I was being charged through my bank merchant. We have saved probably $3,000 with this change. And having a dedicated rep and staff to help you all the time is amazing. I can only say positive things with Fattmerchant.

Fattmerchant

Hi Mike! Thank you so much for your kind review. I will definitely pass your comments on to our tech team - we are constantly working to improve our product and appreciate the feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out with anything else you might need - we are always happy to chat!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I am currently using the online virtual Fattmerchant system. Very user-friendly, cost-efficient for any business owner, and excellent tool to process credit card payments. Would like to possibly see in the future more ways to drill into monthly or possibly annual revenues and customer statistics. Even with that mentioned I definitely would recommend to any business owner. Thank you TEAM FATTMERCHANT.

Fattmerchant

Hi Jennifer! Thank you for this kind review - we are so happy to hear that you've found success with Fattmerchant. Particularly, that our customer service team has been able to assist you along the way! We look forward to continuing to work alongside you as your business grows.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

My husband went to a meeting and he mentioned to me how Fattmerchant's rate and fees were, so I called them up. It's a really user-friendly program and the fees are fantastic. I also liked the way it has the scheduling hosting or I can do a link so the client can fill out all the information to process their credit card. We're contacted every two weeks or once a month that clients get charged, and the scheduled payment is easy and user-friendly. Plus every time I have a question, they've answered correctly in the 24 hours of the question asked.

Fattmerchant

Hi Katie! Thank you so much for your kind words. We know processing for law firms can be tricky - which is why we are so pleased to hear you've found success with our solutions! We are lucky to have such great members like you!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

Our firm began with Fattmerchant about a year ago, after being referred from another attorney. The folks at Fattmerchant worked hard to accommodate our (somewhat complicated) processing requests, and were extremely responsive and worked hard to keep our business. We are 100% happy with them, and find that they continue to improve each month. Best part is the price--flat rates are the best!! Would highly recommend.

Fattmerchant

Hello Craig! Thank you for your kind words. So happy to hear about your savings with us - but above all we are glad that we've been able to provide the transparent processing that you've been looking for. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to reach out - we love to chat!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Fattmerchant is everything they claim! I've saved hundreds of dollars in the last year. At this point I won't even consider shopping around. Fantastic service as well. They are constantly looking out for the interests of their customers. I've been in business 34 years and I've used a bunch of processors. Most of them have been dishonest and unreliable. Do yourself a favor and compare what you have to Fattmerchant.

Fattmerchant

Hi Oshri! We are so glad to hear about your positive experience with us! Thank you for these kind words and for your continued support of Fattmerchant. We are so lucky to have customers like you!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

I was working with a big merchant company for few years and saw my credit card fees just keep going up every month. One day I got tired of it, and after a lot of research I chose Fattmerchant, first for the low rates they promise and second for the super fast and great customer service. Sign up process was fast and easy and now six months later I'm very happy with my choice. Fees are the lowest as promised and service works smoothly without any problems at all. Customer service is always great whenever you need something.

Fattmerchant

Hi Katie! Our team here is overjoyed to read your review - we really do appreciate the kind words and support that you continue to show Fattmerchant. Please don't hesitate to reach out with anything you might need - we are always happy to chat!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

There's nothing better than saving $300-$400 a month on processing fees... except getting exceptional customer service while you're at it. Working with Fattmerchant has been an incredible experience. I can't sing their praises enough. I've been recommending them to everyone I know. I wouldn't hesitate to at the very least get a quote from them to see how much money you could be saving. It's well worth your time.

Fattmerchant

Hi Eric! I'm sorry you've had this experience! Thanks for the feedback - I touched base with my team here and we would like to resolve this with you offline. Please keep a look out for communication from our customer service team. Hope to get this resolved for you quickly!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I'm trying to find out when the billing is going to be because it's inconsistent on when we get charged. We're trying to figure what our batch totals were supposed to be because a lot of Fattmerchant's competitors that I'm familiar working can find out what that amount is going to be as it's going. Rather than half of the way, to the end of the day I didn't know how much we were getting and deposited.

Fattmerchant's customer service seemed to think that we could tell a couple of hours later and that's not true. Recently something's happened in the batching and we can't tell until after midnight when we could tell after the batch has happened within an hour or two. That's a step backwards from how it was even a month ago. It's not as helpful when I'm trying to figure things out and I can't because I don't have the information. Also, the costs are set up to be similar, but it seems like they might be slightly more than what we've been used to paying.

All of the people that I spoke with at Fattmerchant, including Chris and Kate, were very good. They helped me a lot. But we had a problem when I was getting chargebacks. It took a long time for the products to get to the customers and then we got a little worried when we get things online and we're not seeing any of the products. There are restrictions and if one goes over a certain percentage, the account gets closed. My biggest concern was that customers are calling me and I can't tell them. The situation is out of my hands and I’m now wondering when will customers receive their refunds because I can give it to them but the funds have been tied up and I don't have access to it.

Fattmerchant still owe us money and I did not know that they worked with Vantiv. I tried to understand whether it's Fattmerchant or Vantiv that closed my account without notice. I also did not receive a full warning that funds would be held back. Simultaneously, I reached out to Fattmerchant and received a communication from Kimberly, who I did not realize was working for Vantiv. We exchanged emails back and forth but after our initial communication via email for a few days, she stopped responding. I had to go through the general risk department but they pointed out that Kimberly was the one dealing with my case. There was a particular deduction that I wanted an answer for and I got it. So as for Fattmerchant, they're fast and they’re processing funds. Everything was smooth with them and they’re a good company. So my only beef would be for Vantiv.

Fattmerchant

Hi Judy! Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are so glad to hear that you've enjoyed your time with us, and that we have been able to meet the needs of your legal firm. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Once set up, we have enjoyed seamless service. As a legal firm we have special needs for billings and depositing funds to different accounts, and Fattmerchant was able to arrange things to make our financial life much easier. Customer service has been outstanding...always cheerful, able to resolve needs and always call back when they say they will! We highly recommend Fattmerchant!

Fattmerchant

Hi Joanne! Thank you for this kind review! We're glad you've enjoyed your experience with our staff and product so far, and look forward to continuing to earn your business every single day. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with anything you may need - we're always happy to chat!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Fattmerchant appears to have simplified the credit card processing although I’m not 100% sure that’s true now that I’ve been involved, but we haven’t been with them long enough to evaluate it completely. The process itself, their website and what not for transactions, is very simple. We haven’t had a total cost evaluation of the fees that are charged to see how that works out. Everyone there has been very helpful and pleasant as well.

Fattmerchant

Hi Daniel! Thank you for your kind words! Happy to hear that your choice to partner with Fattmerchant has proven to be a good one. We look forward to continuing to work with you and your team!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

After talking to several different companies, I found that Fattmerchant's demonstration and their customer service were much better. I chose them for what they offered, the simplicity of the system and the ease of use. I had a couple of interactions with their reps in the process of setting my account up and then some other remedial-type challenges, and they were very upfront, easy to work with and responsive. Everything has been great.

Fattmerchant

Hi Maureen! Thank you for your review, we appreciate the kind words! We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to continuing to work with you and your team. As always, don't hesitate to reach out with concerns, suggestions, or just to chat - we love hearing from you!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

The staff at FattMerchant are always available and helpful when you call them. If you have suggestions on improving the platform they are very open to suggestions. They are quick to resolve any issues that might arise. I would highly recommend their platform due to lower costs, ease of use and importance of customer service.

Fattmerchant

Hi Michelle! Thank you for your kind words, it's great to hear you've enjoyed your time with us so far! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at any time, we're always happy to chat or help with anything you need. Thanks again!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

The brand new machine I got from Fattmerchant is awesome! It's standalone because it's not hooked to a POS system and it works really well. When I first got it, I didn't have it setup for gift cards. But when I went ahead and did the gift card, the process was easy. When they had to reprogram the machine to accept the credit cards, it was a breeze. My rep called me and walked me through it. It took about 10 minutes and it's all setup. They have stellar customer service and I'm very happy with the processes. They return my emails immediately. If they don't hear from me, they'll call me to follow up. Everything about the experience was great. I couldn't be happier at the moment.

Factual basis uncertain

Fattmerchant

Hi Jai! We're so sorry to hear that you feel your experience with Fattmerchant has not been what you expected. We strive for total transparency and honesty in everything we do, so please know we are taking your comments seriously. We would love to resolve this with you off-line, so someone from our team will be reaching out to you this Monday, after the holiday weekend.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

The experience that I've had with Fattmerchant was a bit misleading at first. The person that was selling the product to me was just saying $99 flat fee but there was the enterprise for the VISA/Master. I noticed that I was charged $200 extra a month of those enterprise charges and they said it wasn't flat. I called customer service and they said the enterprise fee is on my contract. Like a lot of people, I didn't know what was enterprise. They didn't explain that was the basic charge of VISA/Master and I was never told that I need to pay that.

I lost my interest in the company so I'm seeking other companies now. The other company that I've been paying just charge me 8%. It's about the same that Fattmerchant is charging me for the enterprise price. But now, I'm paying extra for the flat fee for no reason. The machine is working fine, but the price that I'm receiving is not.

Fattmerchant

Hi Ronald! Thank you for your kind words. We're happy to hear that our simple processing has been working well for you and your business! We definitely pride ourselves on that human element of customer service, so it's nice to hear we're on the right track! Happy processing!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Fattmerchant called me after I emailed them. They have a flat fee and smaller charge that have made it much more affordable for my business and their customer service is great. Every single time I called and talked to them, I always get a return call. I don't have to wait for days to get an answer on something, which is showing personal care in my affairs and I appreciate that. I have had zero problems with the service machine too. In the six months that I've been working with Fattmerchant, I like that they don't give me any hassles. They do simple processing and the money is available the next day.

Fattmerchant

Hi Susan! Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our operations team - we aim to please! Trust me, we wish the rolls of paper were a bit bigger as well, but if you ever need help ordering them just give us a shout and we can point you in the right direction.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

We have been very pleased with the service especially the speed in which funds are deposited into our account. Customer service has been terrific - following up to make sure we are happy. Only thing that falls short is the rolls of paper for the machine are so small! Just a little thing but the cost adds up.

Fattmerchant

Hey Marcello! So glad to hear you've enjoyed your time with Fattmerchant so far. Thank you so much for the kind words, and please be sure to reach out if there is anything we can do for you and your business.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

We do international business and we chose Fattmerchant to enable us to handle our international traffic and because their price point was right too. Their service has been fine and majority of our transactions with them are done electronically that we don't even see them. Also, anytime that I've called them they've been very helpful. It's been a seamless experience with them and we're happy.

Fattmerchant

Hi Matthew! So glad to hear that you're saving money and having a good experience with us here at Fattmerchant. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team! We understand payment processing isn't always the easiest, so please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you might have - we're always happy to help!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Fattmerchant has a flat pricing structure as opposed to the percentage of the sales for each sale. Their setup process was a little frustrating though. But since we've been up and running, I don't have any complaints and it's been good with them. And we're saving money over our last merchant account provider. The agents from Fattmerchant who helped us set up our account were Chris and Katy. They were good to work with.

Fattmerchant

Hi Terry! Thanks for this great review! We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time with us, and that we were able to help you seamlessly convert to an EMV compliant machine. You can rest assured your experience with Fattmerchant will remain just how you like it, but should you have any questions or comments about your account, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I left my other merchant service after being with them for about four years. Those guys had hidden fees that I couldn't even see. The great thing about Fattmerchant is that they send the money the next day which makes sense. I hope other people will realize that they could go to a place like Fattmerchant, save money and they wouldn't have to worry about why their money don't get there the next day. So far I'm so happy and I hope they don't bait and switch me after a while. They also gave me the new machine for free. So as long as everything stay cool, I'm good with them.

Before that new law came in where everybody needs to change the machines, the old merchant that I had will call me, "Look we could send you this machine 300 something dollars." And I never pulled the trigger on it. Then when they came, I found out that not only that I had no machine, but that most of the people weren't compliant. They were making it seem like if I didn't get the machine by that date, I will be in trouble and my machine won't work. But that's not true. As for Fattmerchant, they gave us the machine and it works perfectly. It's better than the other machine and it's more convenient. And so if I talk to anybody, I tell them in a minute to check out Fattmerchant because they give the equipment and their fee structure is a lot better.

Fattmerchant Company Profile