About Employment Screening Resources
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Employment Screening Resources provides employers with background checks on potential employees. This includes criminal records, employment history, education and more. The company boasts several qualifications and certifications. Aside from the paid services, the company has an extensive free resource library to help you better understand the process and use of background checks.
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
- Quick turnaround
- International screening
- Professional certifications
- No pricing on website
- Customer service not available 24/7
ESR performs background checks on potential and current employees. It often delivers results within 72 hours or less. The website doesn’t list costs, but the sales team is available on weekdays to assess your needs.
What is Employment Screening Resources?
Employment Screening Resources performs background checks for customers who are considering hiring in all 50 states. It can also provide checks for current employees. The company has numerous certifications and accreditations, making it a trustworthy name in the industry.
The company provides checks for companies in other countries around the world as well. Employment Screening Resources returns 90% of searches within 32 hours. All ESR operations are based in the U.S.
How does Employment Screening Resources work?
In order to perform a background check, Employment Screening Resources needs certain information. This includes the employee’s full legal name, date of birth and Social Security number. The applicant being screened may also be asked to provide prior addresses, work history and education information. Depending on the background information the employer wants, more information may be needed.
Using these details, Employment Screening Resources combs the applicant’s background, looking into criminal history, sex offender registries, identity verification and more. Depending on how in-depth the screening needs to be, the check can be completed within 24 to 72 hours. If it involves international searches, results can take a week or longer.
Employment Screening Resources services
Employment Screening Resources has several services for employers to consider. Beyond background checks, the company can also offer help with post-hire checks, onboarding and more. Services available include:
- Preemployment background checks
- ESR offers numerous types of background checks, such as:
- Identity and credit reports
- Social Security number trace
- Consent-based SSN verification
- Form I-9 and E-Verify services
- Criminal history searches
- Sex offender registry searches
- ESR criminal insight
- Civil records
- Driving records
- Social media screening
- Substance abuse testing
- International background screening
- Verifications, licenses and references
- U.S. sanctions and excluded parties
- Occupational health screening
- Global sanctions and watch lists
- Business searches
- ESR provides streamlined assistance with new employee orientation and training to ensure that all new hires start off on the right foot. Onboarding solution features include:
- Powerful reporting and enhanced dashboard
- Employee onboarding portal
- Automated new hire paperwork, including electronic signature
- Compliant state and federal forms
- Workflow and task management
- Form I-9 and E-Verify
- Work opportunity tax credits
- Multilanguage capability
- Integrated HR and payroll
- Post-hire background checks
- ESR’s post-hire services include:
- Ongoing monitoring
- Periodic (monthly, annual, regulatory) rechecks
- ESR provides real-time compliance, featuring:
- Automated notices, disclosures and consents
- Audit trails
- Adverse action portal
- Automatic updates as laws change
- Multilingual services
Employment Screening Resources costs
Employment Screening Resources does not list prices on its website because the cost of services depends on multiple factors. These include the type of screening performed, the number of background checks and more. To learn about potential prices, you should contact the sales team by phone or email, or you can schedule a demonstration online.
Employment Screening Resources FAQ
- How long do Employment Screening Resources background checks take?
- The time it takes for Employment Screening Resources to complete a background check depends on the type of services requested and how the information is obtained. Most criminal records background checks are completed within 24 to 72 hours, according to the company.
- Where is Employment Screening Resources available?
- Employment Screening Resources serves all 50 states. It’s also available in more than 244 countries and territories across the globe.
- What qualifications does Employment Screening Resources have?
- Employment Screening Resources has a number of qualifications and certifications, including accreditation from the Professional Background Screening Association and EU-U.S. Privacy Shield certification, according to its website. The company also states it has no Fair Credit Reporting Act suits or sanctions.
- Which records does Employment Screening Resources check?
When performing a background check, Employment Screening Resources checks:
- Criminal records
- Sex offender registries
- Driving records
- Professional licenses
Is Employment Screening Resources good?
Employment Screening Resources is a good option to consider if you need to complete background checks on potential or current employees. The company has been in business for over 20 years and is accredited by the Professional Background Screening Association. Contact the Employment Screening Resources sales department to discuss rates and decide if what it offers fits your business needs.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,113,854 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
The report clarity is easy to understand and it is very efficient. They do the best to find the best job that fits you and who you are. They care about getting people jobs. They offer to help people find jobs that fit them and who they are. They also help places find people to hire and fill employment positions. They are thorough and dedicated to people. They do the best to get the fastest report possible to their clients. They are thorough and yet efficient and when they give a time they are very punctual with that time. The cost can vary on what you are needing. In my opinion they are pretty cheap for the services that they provide others and strive to be the best at what they do.
It was as clear as I wanted it from background checks to drug testing. Whenever I want a report they are always on the job for me and they do it fast and efficient. The services they offer are no minimum usage, annual fee, or contract. They're fantastic customer service, and the fast in the industry. Response time I think is one of they're strongest appeals. They never fail to come back to us with great information. Incredibly fast. I would encourage anybody who is looking for the fastest to look no further. The cost is fantastic because of the fact that there is no minimum usage, annual fees, or contracts. When there is none of that you don't have to worry about getting ripped off.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
The screening was very thorough and gives pretty quick turnaround. Usually 24-48 hours. They managed to obtain information that we at the company assumed would be very hard to get. They definitely pulled off the impossible. They cover the reference checks both personal and professional. They usually go back as far as five years, sometimes if the extra info is given, they will go back even further than that. They also covered our drug screening as well. Response time is pretty fast. In our case the turn around time is typically between 48-72 hours.
For extensive background checks, it tends to take 72 hours upwards. Overall, the response time is pretty quick which is great. The important thing is to provide the necessary info as accurately as you can. Depending of how extensive you want the background of the employee, the average cost of the report is not very expensive. However, the more extensive the report, the more it will cost as more digging would have to be done to obtain the info.
Reports were very clear to understand. I was informed about job descriptions and was able to meet with hiring managers through emails. I also got a very quick response as well. I was able to complete some of my interview prior to being hired. Services were very limited and I did not get very far with the companies who offered real jobs. There were only a few companies who offered extra features like one click resume apply options. Also companies who responded were not really looking for an employee.
Only companies who offered jobs no one wants, like an outside sales representative, would respond within twenty four hours. All other residual income companies responded too early and did not want to make any goals for hiring. I felt like I was being used by employers when utilizing these programs. Other high paying companies did not respond at all. The cost was free, therefore I was satisfied with all cost. Although the program was not very effective. I still feel like it might have been a waste of time.
The way things are put are at a level for many to understand. Simple language, simple terms, simple responsibilities on both ends. There was little left to question and it was all very smooth. While there was a little left to desire the range of options presented were more than sufficient. It left a person feeling more confident and in control. There was almost little to no response wait times to endure, both in person and on the phone. At most a day passed before further phone interaction, which by far outweighs the competition. For the most part, those involved with employment screenings are already in need of financial assistance and rates could be lower.
Employment Screening Resources Company Information
- Company Name:
- Employment Screening Resources
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.