Due was a product that I stumbled across one day when I was browsing the internet for a new time keeping program. I was using Function Fox before I found Due. I was just not satisfied with Function Fox and wanted something different. I started using the free version and I really liked it. The program was easy to use and helped me manage multiple projects at once. I decided to upgrade to the paid version and have not looked back since. I would say recommend this service to friends and colleagues. If you want to see what it is all about at least give the free version a spin.
I found that Due.com was a practical solution when I was running out of good companies to use to send and receive invoices, as well as keeping a good time record for multiple clients at once. I am in the experimental phase of a new writing project that I want to be big soon, and I needed a way to make sure I knew who was receiving a payment and when. Due helped keep me organized and get everything I needed to get done, at least on a financial level, in one swift motion. The free version is great. I am thinking about upgrading to the paid version so that I can see what else they have to offer.
I started using Due.com when I was on the hunt for a new program to do my client time tracking. I stumbled across Due and used the free version for a month or so. I realized I enjoyed the way that is worked for me, it was very organized and easy to use. I eventually upgraded to the middle tier, which was only 3 dollars a month. I could easily link my PayPal right to my Due account and was able to track time for a variety of different clients. Starting a new project and keeping it organized was very easy for me with this website.
I first started using Due.com a few months ago for my personal accounting business. I do not work with any other employees, and I work with a variety of different people. The old program I was using was okay, but I had the tendency to become scatterbrained and disorganized with that program. I currently work with individuals and help them with their accounting needs, which obviously varies from customer to customer. I must say that I was quite impressed with Due. It made all of my job easier than it was a few months ago. It is easy to use and helped keep me organized all the way through multiple projects. I was even using it to keep track of my invoicing when the jobs were done. I would say try the free version and see the potential. I used the paid version and have not looked back since the day I downloaded it.
Due was a great product to use for my commercial involving needs. The website is very easy to use, even if you are new at using computers or the internet. The layout is slick and friendly for anyone who accesses it. We initially used the program because our invoice system just was not working. We often found ourselves in a position where our numbers were way off and our employees were not happy. We used Due.com and within the first pay period we seen a noticeable change. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to do some bookkeeping or track time, the easy way.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Due.com?
- 608,728 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Shelley ElmbladFinancial Software Contributing Editor
Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.
More about Shelley→
Due.com online invoicing and billing software offers easy-to-use tools for creating invoices and basic project tracking. The Dashboard provides a quick overview of outstanding invoices and overdue tasks. Due.com is currently only available online with an iPhone app in the works. There has been no mention of an Android app. Due.com integrates with PayPal and Basecamp and invoices in multiple currencies.
Due.com is priced correctly, with three fully-featured versions and a free version: $3 per month for one user, $25 per year for two users and $250 annually for unlimited users. Each paid version offers unlimited project, clients, tasks and invoices. The free version is enough to try some of the main features, but it only supports five clients and two invoices. Also, you cannot send quotes, run reports, create recurring invoices or use PayPal.
- Easy Set Up: Enter your email address and a password to create a Due.com account, then the app walks you through setting up your business details and accepted payment terms (cash, PayPal, etc.). Then add your first client, project and project tasks. You can skip any of these in the setup routine, but it effectively teaches you how easy the main features are to use.
- Navigation: The left side bar gives quick access to invoices, clients, projects, staff and more. Click on one of those buttons to add and edit items. The side bar navigation also gives you access to a colorful Dashboard with financial details and a calendar that shows when invoices, clients and quotes were created during the month.
- Organization: Invoices, Projects, Tasks and Clients are organized as lists, making the most recent work easy to find. Click on an item from the list to view details or to make edits. There is also a search bar at the top of the app that can be used to find anything you're looking for.
- Time Tracking: To use time tracking, click on the small clock icon at the top of the screen. Add a new task by selecting a client and project, then click on Save.
- Invoices and Quotes: While creating an invoice is not difficult, it takes more clicks than necessary. First, click on the Invoice icon on the left, then click on Create Invoice at the top of invoice screen, select an invoice template and click on New Invoice. Select the client and project, then enter invoice details line by line as needed with the price.
- Best for Self-employed and small independent contractors.
Question and Answers - Due.com
What problem is Due.com trying to solve?
- Due.com is trying to make both invoicing and receiving money seamless.
What sets Due.com apart from the competition?
- Due.com is much simpler to use. Also, we provide additional payment options and the ability to keep track of your time with our easy to use time widget.
What needs does Due.com fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Freelancers need different ways for their clients to pay them, whether it is PayPal, credit card, Venmo, or other similar options. Due.com provides an easy to use invoicing system and a timekeeping ability allowing freelancers to separate projects, and invoice clients individually through many different means.
How does Due.com measure success?
- We measure success in getting our customers paid. When they are more successful at invoicing their clients, we are in turn more successful.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the online billing industry and Due.com?
- The most common misconception is that there is only one-way to get paid, through check. Also, that the easiest way to invoice a client is through excel, this is not the case. Due.com gives customers many different ways to get paid, and many options for invoicing their clients specific to their needs.
How has online billing changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Billing has gone from offline to online, this change has made it so that anybody can invoice anyone in the world, and get paid.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Due.com?
- Every consumer should know that through Due.com, getting paid by your clients can be easy.
Has Due.com received any recognition your customers would like to know about?
- Due.com has been featured on countless publications like Inc, Forbes, TechCrunch, Mashable, Time, Fox News, Business Insider and Business2Community as one of the “best ways to save time and money for freelancers”, “easy to use time-tracking system”, “innovative startup” and “simplest way to get paid”.
How has Due.com grown or evolved?
- The company started off as a simple online invoicing company, now Due.com is a full invoicing, time tracking and billing platform.
Due.com Company Profile