2.79/5

Need an online billing service?

Due.com

Loved by over 100,000 businesses, Due lets you easily create professional invoices in seconds, automatically record all expenses and track your time so that you don't have to mess around. Never forget to bill a client, now you can automatically setup invoices to send each month.

As a leader in the credit card and payment processing industry. Due offers services that include next-day funding, state-of-the-art technology, merchant funding, digital wallet capability, and dedicated account representatives. Our innovative solutions are focused on providing more affordable and flexible payment options for all types of businesses around the world as well as fraud protection, compliance, no contracts and low fees.

Customers throughout the world can use Due's money transfer service to ask, receive, and send money through email and text. The money transfer service provides the ability to transfer money in various currencies to pay other individuals and one-time and recurring bills as well as make donations and online purchases. Due also offers an app that provides a way to make in-store purchases. Customers do not pay fees when using their Due account or when they link their bank account to the money transfer service.

View More View More

Need an online billing service?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Due.com Reviews

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I signed up for Due Payments on a subscription basis. The trial is free then they charge you monthly after that. You cannot get processing through the free trial so they make you cancel your free trial and goto paid which I did. I've been paying monthly for 5 months thinking I was able to process and only a month ago they told me I have to apply. So I applied. They have stalled out an application over a month to collect another payment which they did and then I got denied. So basically they let me pay on a service that they could not provide and stalled it out to collect more payments. Don't waste your time with Due. There are better alternatives like Stripe that don't require you to pay for months on a service that they will just deny you for in the end. So basically they want you to pay every month for the privilege of being able to apply with them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I used Due for a little more than a year. At first I loved it, because it was simple and straightforward. Then they released a new beta version, which caused all sorts of glitches. I had a hard time creating invoices, then my customers couldn't pay me. Support is pretty much non-existent and also berated me when I contacted them with my frustration. Couldn't recommend Wave enough over this poor experience.

Get expert buying tips about Online Billing and Invoicing Software delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: June 14, 2018

I was excited about Due.com when I first used it for invoicing my clients in 2017. It worked fine and minor glitches were solved by the Due staff. But in 2018 when I started invoicing (I run a nursery and sell almost only during the spring, so had a break in my invoicing of about 6 months), I found Due to be entirely useless. I could write invoices and send them, and my customers could read them, but they could not pay the invoices. I contacted Due about the problem, they said they were working on it, and that was the last I heard. Months have gone by and I have switched to Paypal invoicing; never having had a response from Due. I would take my business elsewhere unless you are looking for an unrewarding frustrating experience.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Due has no customer support by phone, which is already a red flag. I have used it to create and track invoices and the system is very user-friendly, especially with recurring payments (except it says the user can set up auto-payments, but my clients have not been able to get this to work yet). We are talking about money here. For the last few months I have not been able to receive any payments and have not been able to contact or receive support from the ticketing system. I have been messaging them on the support page going on 5 days now and still have not received any type of support or response.

Original review: March 8, 2018

As several others reported, after entering in all of our company and financial information we received a very disappointing and unprofessional response from DUE that we didn't qualify and they wouldn't say why. They also hid behind "security" and "proprietary" reasons why they couldn't divulge the reason for our rejection. Which is utter BS. We are healthy ISP, VoIP Phone Service Provider, and IT consulting firm, in good financial standing. I don't know what reason besides some size threshold that they would make a decision that we aren't "qualified" and not let us know why.

If there is a size threshold, they should state that up front. It wasted our time in going through the process of setting up an account and entering the information they required. We thought it looked like the secure, flexible, easy to manage site where we could process our customers recurring payments, but if this is the way they do business, I'm glad we didn't get too far with using them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Due.com?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I attempted to use Due.com to set up an easy way for my customers to pay my invoices. The same experience that Luc of Austin, TX described happened to me.

It is astonishing that they can ask for my personal information (social security number, cellphone, website, bank account info, address, etc. ), have me enter all of this, and then tell me, sorry-you don't qualify, based on some secret decision-making criteria. I was so concerned that I went onto this site to make sure I wasn't conned into putting all this information onto some dark website by a very slick fake company. I immediately deleted my account on Due.com after receiving their email. I will find another payment system.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I was excited to use Due because it seemed like it fit my needs perfectly. I was able to create invoices easily, and add clients to those invoices, but the process of setting up payments was where the system failed. First, I verified my business email. Then the system told me I needed to verify my phone. No problem! I have a mobile phone, have had the same number for 10 years. I try to send myself a verification code, and the system tells me my phone number is blocked, and that I need to contact support. I figure that's weird, so I reach out to support to ask them what might be wrong. This is the response I receive from a representative named Amanda:

"Unfortunately we cannot approve this account to process payments with Due. We take every account on a case by case basis and our review checks are all proprietary. That being said, we cannot disclose any information on our decision for security purposes. Please note that you can still use our other products such as invoicing via PayPal, Cash, or Check and our projects feature. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you the best of luck in search for an alternative payment processor."

And that was it. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a customer service rep who is unable by some policy to provide any service. I can't imagine what it must be like to be an investor in this startup who can read this review and learn that an excited potential customer was turned away in a very curt manner with zero explanation. I do hope that Due reads this and can make some improvements. I would love to hear your solemn response as to why I don't qualify to use your service. I'm all ears.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This group makes you jump through every hoop, like providing all your data and accounts and contact numbers - and only then do they inform you that you must join another service. Oh and that you must have a mobile # to get verified - and then who knows what else after I gave up.

Due.com response

William,

As per our support team's correspondence with you we've been very transparent as to what our requirements are. We were having an issue verifying your mobile device, in fact you let our team know that you did not have a mobile number since you use a VOIP number and landline for business.

For security reasons we do not accept VOIP numbers and require our users to use a mobile device to verify their identity. These are our rules and we require every user to abide by them.

After notifying you of this requirement you went on to accuse us giving you no way to delete your account to remove your information. In a follow up email we gave specific instructions on how to delete your account and remove information from our platform.

More importantly, we'd like to notify you that any payments provider will ask for your personal info including your SSN and bank information. These are 'common' hoops for opening up a payments account.

Thanks.

Resolution response: June 13, 2018

Since using Due for over a year, I need to change my review. They were pretty good the first year, responded to problems, etc., but when I started invoicing this year, the invoices created were unpayable by my clients. I asked Due for hep, repeatedly, and they claimed to be working on it, but several months have gone by without any changes, so I have apologized to my clients and switched to Paypal.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I am a small business owner who has been struggling to find a simpler way to invoice my clients. I have started using Due.com this week, and so far I am thrilled. The invoices look great, they are easy to create, they are easy to keep track of, and the price one pays for the payment service is very reasonable. Suddenly I feel like I am in charge of the accounting part of my business!

Original review: July 21, 2015

Due was a product that I stumbled across one day when I was browsing the internet for a new time keeping program. I was using Function Fox before I found Due. I was just not satisfied with Function Fox and wanted something different. I started using the free version and I really liked it. The program was easy to use and helped me manage multiple projects at once. I decided to upgrade to the paid version and have not looked back since. I would say recommend this service to friends and colleagues. If you want to see what it is all about at least give the free version a spin.

Due.com expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Due.com online invoicing and billing software offers easy-to-use tools for creating invoices and basic project tracking. Due.com integrates with PayPal and Basecamp and invoices in multiple currencies.

• How much does Due.com cost?: Due.com is priced correctly, with three fully-featured versions and a free version: $3 per month for one user, $25 per year for two users and $250 annually for unlimited users. Each paid version offers unlimited project, clients, tasks and invoices. The free version is enough to try some of the main features, but it only supports five clients and two invoices. Also, you cannot send quotes, run reports, create recurring invoices or use PayPal.

• Easy set up: Enter your email address and a password to create a Due.com account, then the app walks you through setting up your business details and accepted payment terms (cash, PayPal, etc.). Then add your first client, project and project tasks. You can skip any of these in the setup routine, but it effectively teaches you how easy the main features are to use.

• Navigation: The Dashboard provides a quick overview of outstanding invoices and overdue tasks. The left side bar gives quick access to invoices, clients, projects, staff and more. Click on one of those buttons to add and edit items. The side bar navigation also gives you access to a colorful Dashboard with financial details and a calendar that shows when invoices, clients and quotes were created during the month.

• Organization: Invoices, Projects, Tasks and Clients are organized as lists, making the most recent work easy to find. Click on an item from the list to view details or to make edits. There is also a search bar at the top of the app that can be used to find anything you're looking for.

• Time tracking: To use time tracking, click on the small clock icon at the top of the screen. Add a new task by selecting a client and project, then click on Save.

• Invoices and quotes: While creating an invoice is not difficult, it takes more clicks than necessary. First, click on the Invoice icon on the left, then click on Create Invoice at the top of invoice screen, select an invoice template and click on New Invoice. Select the client and project, then enter invoice details line by line as needed with the price.

• Best for: self-employed and small independent contractors.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
      Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Due.com questions and answers

What problem is Due.com trying to solve?
      Due.com is trying to make both invoicing and receiving money seamless.
      What sets Due.com apart from the competition?
      Due.com is much simpler to use. Also, we provide additional payment options and the ability to keep track of your time with our easy to use time widget.
      What needs does Due.com fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      Freelancers need different ways for their clients to pay them, whether it is PayPal, credit card, Venmo, or other similar options. Due.com provides an easy to use invoicing system and a timekeeping ability allowing freelancers to separate projects, and invoice clients individually through many different means.
      How does Due.com measure success?
      We measure success in getting our customers paid. When they are more successful at invoicing their clients, we are in turn more successful.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the online billing industry and Due.com?
      The most common misconception is that there is only one-way to get paid, through check. Also, that the easiest way to invoice a client is through excel, this is not the case. Due.com gives customers many different ways to get paid, and many options for invoicing their clients specific to their needs.
      How has online billing changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      Billing has gone from offline to online, this change has made it so that anybody can invoice anyone in the world, and get paid.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Due.com?
      Every consumer should know that through Due.com, getting paid by your clients can be easy.
      Has Due.com received any recognition your customers would like to know about?
      Due.com has been featured on countless publications like Inc, Forbes, TechCrunch, Mashable, Time, Fox News, Business Insider and Business2Community as one of the “best ways to save time and money for freelancers”, “easy to use time-tracking system”, “innovative startup” and “simplest way to get paid”.
      How has Due.com grown or evolved?
      The company started off as a simple online invoicing company, now Due.com is a full invoicing, time tracking and billing platform.

Due.com Company Information