3.67/5
  • 1 star
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Loved by over 100,000 businesses, Due lets you easily create professional invoices in seconds, automatically record all expenses and track your time so that you don't have to mess around. Never forget to bill a client, now you can automatically setup invoices to send each month.

As a leader in the credit card and payment processing industry. Due offers services that include next-day funding, state-of-the-art technology, merchant funding, digital wallet capability, and dedicated account representatives. Our innovative solutions are focused on providing more affordable and flexible payment options for all types of businesses around the world as well as fraud protection, compliance, no contracts and low fees.

Customers throughout the world can use Due's money transfer service to ask, receive, and send money through email and text. The money transfer service provides the ability to transfer money in various currencies to pay other individuals and one-time and recurring bills as well as make donations and online purchases. Due also offers an app that provides a way to make in-store purchases. Customers do not pay fees when using their Due account or when they link their bank account to the money transfer service.

Due.com Gallery (2)
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 2, 2018

9 Due.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 2, 2018
I attempted to use Due.com to set up an easy way for my customers to pay my invoices. The same experience that Luc of Austin, TX described happened to me.

It is astonishing that they can ask for my personal information (social security number, cellphone, website, bank account info, address, etc. ), have me enter all of this, and then tell me, sorry-you don't qualify, based on some secret decision-making criteria. I was so concerned that I went onto this site to make sure I wasn't conned into putting all this information onto some dark website by a very slick fake company. I immediately deleted my account on Due.com after receiving their email. I will find another payment system.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I was excited to use Due because it seemed like it fit my needs perfectly. I was able to create invoices easily, and add clients to those invoices, but the process of setting up payments was where the system failed. First, I verified my business email. Then the system told me I needed to verify my phone. No problem! I have a mobile phone, have had the same number for 10 years. I try to send myself a verification code, and the system tells me my phone number is blocked, and that I need to contact support. I figure that's weird, so I reach out to support to ask them what might be wrong. This is the response I receive from a representative named Amanda:

"Unfortunately we cannot approve this account to process payments with Due. We take every account on a case by case basis and our review checks are all proprietary. That being said, we cannot disclose any information on our decision for security purposes. Please note that you can still use our other products such as invoicing via PayPal, Cash, or Check and our projects feature. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you the best of luck in search for an alternative payment processor."

And that was it. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a customer service rep who is unable by some policy to provide any service. I can't imagine what it must be like to be an investor in this startup who can read this review and learn that an excited potential customer was turned away in a very curt manner with zero explanation. I do hope that Due reads this and can make some improvements. I would love to hear your solemn response as to why I don't qualify to use your service. I'm all ears.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This group makes you jump through every hoop, like providing all your data and accounts and contact numbers - and only then do they inform you that you must join another service. Oh and that you must have a mobile # to get verified - and then who knows what else after I gave up.

Due.com response

William,

As per our support team's correspondence with you we've been very transparent as to what our requirements are. We were having an issue verifying your mobile device, in fact you let our team know that you did not have a mobile number since you use a VOIP number and landline for business.

For security reasons we do not accept VOIP numbers and require our users to use a mobile device to verify their identity. These are our rules and we require every user to abide by them.

After notifying you of this requirement you went on to accuse us giving you no way to delete your account to remove your information. In a follow up email we gave specific instructions on how to delete your account and remove information from our platform.

More importantly, we'd like to notify you that any payments provider will ask for your personal info including your SSN and bank information. These are 'common' hoops for opening up a payments account.

Thanks.

Original review: July 18, 2015

I found that Due.com was a practical solution when I was running out of good companies to use to send and receive invoices, as well as keeping a good time record for multiple clients at once. I am in the experimental phase of a new writing project that I want to be big soon, and I needed a way to make sure I knew who was receiving a payment and when. Due helped keep me organized and get everything I needed to get done, at least on a financial level, in one swift motion. The free version is great. I am thinking about upgrading to the paid version so that I can see what else they have to offer.

Original review: July 4, 2015

I started using Due.com when I was on the hunt for a new program to do my client time tracking. I stumbled across Due and used the free version for a month or so. I realized I enjoyed the way that is worked for me, it was very organized and easy to use. I eventually upgraded to the middle tier, which was only 3 dollars a month. I could easily link my PayPal right to my Due account and was able to track time for a variety of different clients. Starting a new project and keeping it organized was very easy for me with this website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Due.com?

Original review: June 26, 2015

I first started using Due.com a few months ago for my personal accounting business. I do not work with any other employees, and I work with a variety of different people. The old program I was using was okay, but I had the tendency to become scatterbrained and disorganized with that program. I currently work with individuals and help them with their accounting needs, which obviously varies from customer to customer. I must say that I was quite impressed with Due. It made all of my job easier than it was a few months ago. It is easy to use and helped keep me organized all the way through multiple projects. I was even using it to keep track of my invoicing when the jobs were done. I would say try the free version and see the potential. I used the paid version and have not looked back since the day I downloaded it.

Original review: June 23, 2015

Due was a great product to use for my commercial involving needs. The website is very easy to use, even if you are new at using computers or the internet. The layout is slick and friendly for anyone who accesses it. We initially used the program because our invoice system just was not working. We often found ourselves in a position where our numbers were way off and our employees were not happy. We used Due.com and within the first pay period we seen a noticeable change. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to do some bookkeeping or track time, the easy way.

Due.com questions and answers

What problem is Due.com trying to solve?
Due.com is trying to make both invoicing and receiving money seamless.
What sets Due.com apart from the competition?
Due.com is much simpler to use. Also, we provide additional payment options and the ability to keep track of your time with our easy to use time widget.
What needs does Due.com fulfill, and how does your company fulfill those needs better than your competition?
Freelancers need different ways for their clients to pay them, whether it is PayPal, credit card, Venmo, or other similar options. Due.com provides an easy to use invoicing system and a timekeeping ability allowing freelancers to separate projects, and invoice clients individually through many different means.
How does Due.com measure success?
We measure success in getting our customers paid. When they are more successful at invoicing their clients, we are in turn more successful.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the online billing industry and Due.com?
The most common misconception is that there is only one-way to get paid, through check. Also, that the easiest way to invoice a client is through excel, this is not the case. Due.com gives customers many different ways to get paid, and many options for invoicing their clients specific to their needs.
How has online billing changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
Billing has gone from offline to online, this change has made it so that anybody can invoice anyone in the world, and get paid.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Due.com?
Every consumer should know that through Due.com, getting paid by your clients can be easy.
Has Due.com received any recognition your customers would like to know about?
Due.com has been featured on countless publications like Inc, Forbes, TechCrunch, Mashable, Time, Fox News, Business Insider and Business2Community as one of the “best ways to save time and money for freelancers”, “easy to use time-tracking system”, “innovative startup” and “simplest way to get paid”.
How has Due.com grown or evolved?
The company started off as a simple online invoicing company, now Due.com is a full invoicing, time tracking and billing platform.

Due.com Company Information

201 Cowper Street
Palo Alto
866-383-1374
due.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use