Cynergy Data

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Signed up with a company name ePayData who signed me up with Cynergy Data and a lot of other processors like Lucy, Vimas, etc.. Looking like Cynergy Data is being sued but they forgot all about ePayData. Then ePayData made a contract with Bank of America to take over their mess and Bank of America closed my account and cut my card up. And on the statements the monies was suppose to go in Bank of America but never got to see if it did because Bank of America closed my account. Need my money. Epaydata told me the money have not been converted. I have bank records and also ePayData documents of large amount of monies of my kids going through their company. Even one of their own sales rep felt bad he knew what was going on. Need my money back. The company don't want to talk to me. Wow!!! Tired of suffering.

First off, I had a sales rep I didn't like. I asked for a new one, but kept getting him. Then, they listed the wrong business name. Despite it being correctly on my application and several attempts to change, it never got changed. When it came to PCI compliance, I had too slow of an Internet connection to get through all 228 questions before it timed out. I asked several times for another way to comply, but it fell on deaf ears. I hit my final straw when I went to change bank accounts and they sent me a 5 page packet with requirements. After months of not hearing anything, they have now sent a debt collector after me for a debt I don't owe. When I call to talk to them, they hang up on me or tell me I signed an agreement and won't let me talk to management.

I've had Cynergy Data for a couple years and the fees are not consistent. They do not mail out monthly statements and after several inquiries over the years, recently discovered you must use an online service to get your statements. I've been retrieving statements for past couple days and on all the recent statements are charges that were not authorized. So far there are over $450 in fees that were not in the agreement. Yesterday, they answered the phone and were supposed to return my phone call. They did not. Today all the phone numbers I have are "disconnected."

Cynergy Data deception on annual and processing fees on credit card machine. Representative from 3rd party (Everest Merchant Services) who solicited the business did not match to the monthly statements received. In addition, no return service request or straight answers to my questions or emails. Unknown charges without knowledge. When I finally had someone on the line, agent didn't know what to do or say except file an email to their supervisor and 3rd party (Everest Merchant Services). Their excuse was the 3rd party has to approve any of the refunds I was asking for.

This waiting game continued for days and weeks. They charged a cancellation fee of $495.00 when verbally agreed that I was not signing a contract. They charged a $200.00 annual fee on December when I clearly cancel before the year started. Nowhere in the contract states an annual fee. PCI compliance was also charged on November 2014 ($185.00) and a monthly fee of PCI of ($19.95). They disregarded the faxed certificate of validation for PCI. Some benefit club fee of $14.95 was charged to my account for months when I had called them to cancel several times.

I was sworn that there are no early termination fees by my agent and oops here you go $500 fees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cynergy Data?

I terminated my contract early and I was okay with paying $500 for the cancellation of contract but they decided to charge $630, because they charged for the month and also an annual fee. But still that doesn't add up. I was never happy with this company because they would take out a lot of my bank account but I couldn't do anything because they rely in their lame contract which has a lot of hidden information. For your own good, stay away from this crap of a company!

On the first month, everything was fine. Now, they are holding all our money with lies on top of lies as to why it’s kind of hard to run a business with no money. CynergyData sucks and then the people that set it up are worse. UnifiedSolutions, LLC are saying more lies and **. There seems to be a history with these two companies. It’s very hard to pay your bills when you take a CC for payment and then they never deposit the money. We have not got a deposit from 7-7-12 up to the present and there’s nothing I can do about it so far. There were no call backs, just hang-ups and machines to talk to.

I called and had the tech support help me do my first two transactions which totaled $600. They then sent me a letter wanting more information. I sent what they wanted. They then said they were holding the release of funds for six months. I want everyone to know what a rip off artist these people are. I am calling my two customers and having them call their credit card company and cancel the transactions.

Fees, fees, and more fees. They are smart enough not to put them on your monthly statement, but they instead charge your checking account using different names. They use the so-called penalty fees to rack up charges, and then add cancellation fees, etc. Where is a good lawyer when you need one?

I will post this on as may websites as I can so other small businesses are informed and are safe from this terrible company. Cynergy data is the worst company that our business has ever worked with. Everything was great for a year or so when we started our account. Then the fees started getting tacked on to our bill. Some fees were even getting taken out by a company, we never did business with (but apparently Cynergy did) Charge.com. Then we couldn't get a hold of anyone at Cynergy in a timely manner. I waited 30 minutes to an hour numerous times before I could get through to someone. Sometimes, I just got put into voice-mail for a "customer service manager", who never returned any of my calls.

After we finally got sick of the fees and the bad customer service, we canceled our account because our contract stated we could if we canceled within 30 days of being notified of a new fee that we disputed. Since we couldn't get through to a real person to cancel our account, I sent letters to the ISO in Chicago, the corporate office of Cynergy, and the bank working with Cynergy (Wells Fargo) to cancel our account. I also closed our business bank accounts so they couldn't rip us off with additional fees anymore.

So what did Cynergy do? They sent all of my personal information and business information right to a collections agency threatening to ruin my person credit (and I have an excellent credit score). So, I've now paid another month of Cynergy service fees for the month after canceling my account. Plus, Cynergy is trying to collect $495 as a cancellation fee which according to my contract, should have been negated since I canceled because I disputed increased fees. So now, if I don't pay this, my personal credit will be damaged.

A few words for your small business stay far away from Cynergy Data, charge.Com, and any of their affiliates. Don't make the same mistake our business did. Cynergy is a dirty, terrible company. They have hidden charges, terrible customer service, and make it extremely difficult to get out of their contracts (trap). They are a rip off and a scam.

They will not deposit my money even though they say I have an account. Their website says instant account and now have several nice welcome emails saying I have an account and they appreciate my business. But they sent a letter stating suspicious activity and I have had only one charge.

Definitely, poor customer service at best and possible scammers. Michael ** in the risk department was treating me like a criminal.

This is Masood **. I am the owner of a small business in San Diego called The High Road. Cynergy Data is the merchant company that provides service for our credit card processing needs. They are holding all our sales transactions for the last 2 weeks in the amount of over $12,000 for no reason. I have emailed and called them several times and left messages. They are not making any attempt to resolve this problem.

I used Cynergy Data for my credit card processing for approximately the last 7-8 years. Presently I am not under any sort of contract with them and therefore decided to go with another company that was offering a lower percentage rate. When I called to cancel with them, I had to give the last 4 digits of my social security which I correctly did. They then told me that they needed a copy of my drivers license before they could cancel.

I told them there was no way I was giving them a copy of picture and signature id. I asked for a supervisor and got a woman that did not want to give me her name. I asked her to consider the irony that I am being asked for personal id yet she wouldnt even give me her name. She then told me her name was Christina and would not give a last name. We argued and the bottom line was that they were not cancelling this account until I gave them a copy of my license. I offered a signed cancellation on letterhead and asked for other alternatives.

She said no to everything and said it had to be my license. I have incurred $118.00 in fees that are taken directly from my business checking account. I have gotten my bank to deny any further payment to them although it is not the normal way of doing this. Since it was a pre approved deduction from the checking account, they usually need to hear from the other party as well. After I explained the situation, they agreed to deny further payment.

Called asking about my daughter's credit card. Which I replied my daughter is only 8 years old and does not have a credit card. Who are you and what do you want. She then gave me 2017 as the last four digits of a credit card and asked if those were one of my cards that she could be an authorized user on. It freaked me out to think that someone out there was trying to scam that information out of us.

Cynergy Data Company Profile