ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
Currently there are no customer reviews.
CrowdRise expert review by Rose Spinelli
Founded in May 2010, Crowdrise allows you to raise money for personal causes as well as established charities. Its fun and light tone inspires creativity in potential fundraisers and puts donors in a giving spirit. Crowdrise was co-founded by actor Edward Norton, which helped to give its message of change at the grassroots level, an immediate appeal.
- Rewards: Crowdrise uses impact points, which donors receive for specific actions on the platform. These points can be used to purchase Crowdrise merchandise or to be featured on the site.
- Reputation: Crowdrise is a celebrity magnet. Sean Penn and Lady GaGa have used Crowdrise to raise money for causes. Both Mashable and Forbes singled it out as “one of the best crowdfunding sites.”
- Customer service: Email the Super Fast Response Team with a query, and a team member replies quickly.
- Fees: Crowdrise takes 3 percent of donations for individual fundraising efforts, including third-party charges. Put another way, $97 out of every $100 goes directly to causes. Nonprofits choose between Fiver and Tre account types, with Tre costing $50 a month for increased visibility and other enhanced options.
- Flexibility: Individuals keep the money raised whether or not they meet their goals, and no deadline is required.
- Best for: It’s a good fit for almost any cause, and individuals or groups that want to have a fun experience while doing good should use CrowdRise.
Crowdfunding Contributing Editor
Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.
CrowdRise Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 333 W. 7th Street, Suite 200
- Royal Oak
- Postal Code:
- United States