ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
Currently there are no customer reviews.
Crowdfunder expert review by Rose Spinelli
Crowdfunder, headquartered in Los Angeles and launched in 2011, is the equity crowdfunding leader for sourcing and funding high-growth ventures. Described as a “crowdsourced venture capital” site, Crowdfunder provides free access to private early-stage VC-backed startups through its VC Index Fund. As an early participant in steering the JOBS Act legislation, the company has played a vital role in policy-making matters and is active engaged in government activity through the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) and FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority).
- Large network: Crowdfunder currently has a network of over 130,000 entrepreneurs and investors, with more than 100,000 active millionaire and /or professional investors that are looking to invest in a variety of early-stage companies.
- Public or private deals: Crowdfunder allows each entrepreneur to determine if they want to list their deals on the public domain or keep the details private.
- Due Diligence: Crowdfunder does not do any due diligence on deals that raise capital on the platform. Most deals, however, have a lead investor that has done diligence on the company ahead of making their investment.
- Presentation options: Entrepreneurs have the ability to create presentations to pitch their business plan to potential investors. Crowdfunder offers a free, downloadable Investor Pitch Template, which they’ve distilled down to 11 core slides. The Crowdfunder platform is compatible with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF files.
- Success record: Since its inceptions in 2011, Crowdfunder has generated more than $220 million of crowdfunding resources.
- Best for: Crowdfunder is best for entrepreneurs and startups at all stages and for accredited investors.
Crowdfunding Contributing Editor
Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.
Crowdfunder questions and answers
- How has your company grown or evolved?
- Since the passing of Title II of JOBS Act legislation, Crowdfunder has rapidly grown its network to over 133,000 entrepreneurs and investors. After helping to fund hundreds of VC-backed startups, the company is now poised to further accelerate its growth with the introduction of the VC Index Fund.
- What does Crowdfunder do?
- Crowdfunder is the equity crowdfunding leader for sourcing and funding high-growth ventures with a network of over 130,000 entrepreneurs and investors. Crowdfunder and its VC Index Fund provide the opportunity for direct online investment into single ventures, as well as diversification into a broad VC-led portfolio (Index Fund) of early-stage startups - backed by many of the world’s leading Venture Capital firms and private investors.
- What is unique about Crowdfunder?
- We see 800 new deals per month via Crowdfunder. We get access to top VC-led deals at the early-stage, thanks to 12,000 angels and VCs in the Crowdfunder network. We have proprietary data on 34,000 startups generating and $20 million in investment activity per quarter on Crowdfunder. In 2015, we piloted the index approach on Crowdfunder by building an equity portfolio of 60 early-stage deals.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Crowdfunding has been a heavily regulated industry for some time. In October of last year, the SEC passed rules to implement Title III of the JOBS Act marking the start of true equity crowdfunding including non-accredited investors.
This marked a momentous shift as it is the first time in 80 years that everyday citizens will be able to invest in early stage companies. On May 16th, Title III will go into effect expanding equity crowdfunding to include non-accredited investors.
- Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- Crowdfunder has been recognized in The Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, Entrepreneur, Yahoo Finance!, Silicon Valley Business Journal, Dealflow.com and Pitchbook.
Crowdfunder Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- Los Angeles
- United States