2 Concur Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 28, 2018

The business concept is useful and I have worked for large companies which were already utilizing Concur's services. When I accepted another job with my current company, I stressed that we should invest in Concur Technologies to help our business manage expenses. The initial setup was a little choppy and there is a LOT of jargon and policy to sift through, but the person who helped get me set up was patient and kind. That was not the salesperson, however. The salesperson wasted no time informing me of how low-risk the involvement would be and kept reminding me that if I acted quickly he could give me three months no charge.

What he did not illuminate sufficiently (if at all) is that the company has a 90-day termination policy. We absorbed month one with scheduled phone training and made it to month two before realizing we are already paying someone to do the exact same function as this program. Since we were just beginning the third month of the "three for free" we assumed we would be able to cancel the service and move on. However, and as they were extremely quick to now illuminate, the 90-day policy meant we were on the hook for additional monthly fees despite not using their service for those months. They went as far as involving a lawyer to "encourage" us to pay the remaining fees. If we had been using them for several months I could understand being rigid on this policy, but they dissolved any chance we will use them in the future or recommend the service to any of the other businesses we deal with.

Original review: June 14, 2017

For a product designed to increase productivity, this one sure hinders it. From an AP perspective, with the need to process hundreds of invoices a week, I can only work at the speed of Concur, which is the speed of turtle. It is constantly lagging, dragging, and booting me out. The image recognition is garbage. I would say that close to 90% of the time, it pulls in the wrong vendor. I just automatically know I'm going to have to change that, for every invoice. I essentially spend my day correcting mistakes made by Concur. Customer service is extremely unhelpful as well, and will generally simply answer a question with a question, without providing a solution. As a Computer Science major, I will have to give this product a healthy and enthusiastic thumbs down.

Get expert buying tips about Expense Management Software delivered to your inbox.

Concur expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Concur is a web-based expense management service that focuses on travel related expenses. Concur is a part of SAP, a German software company whose products allow businesses to track customer and business interactions. SAP is especially well-known for its Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and data management programs. Customers do not have to use SAP to use Concur. Pricing starts at $8 for a basic set of features. Features can be added like the ability to manage invoices, more detailed reporting, audit service and worldwide use in higher level packages. Expense reports are created by snapping photos of receipts using an iOS, Android, Windows Phone or Blackberry mobile device.

• Travel booking options: Managers and employees can use Trip-It Pro or global travel content to compare travel options, check for compliance with budget and other requirements, book business travel and fill out travel-related expense reports.

• Automated expense reporting: Concur offers an automated digital expense reporting service, which means that users don't have to use spreadsheets or save paper receipts. Corporate credit cards, P-Cards and personal credit card integration are available as well.

• Invoice generation: Contractors and others who require payments can generate and send payment requests with this system. Higher versions offer automatic supplier reimbursement and a supplier portal.

• Accounting software integration: Expenses and data submitted and approved in Concur can be set up to integrate with QuickBooks, Salesforce, customized hosts or web service APIs.

• Concur Connect and reports: Concur Connect is a platform that connects customers, suppliers, developers and content aggregators to access and be used to extend Concur’s travel and expense reporting cloud. Reporting ranges from a few basic reports for the small business version to custom insight reporting that is powered by Cognos.

• Best for: Employees who travel and independent contractors.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
Shelley Elmblad

Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Concur Company Information

1993
601 108th Ave NE Suite 1000
Bellevue
WA
www.concur.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business