4 Concur Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

Hi, Our organization uses 'Concur Travel' built on SAP. The last 3 bookings I've tried to make have been terrible experiences and it seems to fix or remediation is planned/intended, because an urgent booking I need to make is failing in the same manner. Not to mention it is very slow, just some summarized points: Slow, trips (including failures and retries) often take 1-2 HOURS to complete. To the above point, should they fail, they fail at the end of the 1-2 HOURS, making you repeat the process entirely, there's been days where an entire afternoon is wasted. All of the failures, makes one uneasy; afraid that inadvertent commitments are being made to hotel or airline, essentially no confidence in the platform. I would not recommend Concur, certainly not for travel and bookings.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We have been so hopeful to get this program up and running, but after 6 months of implementation have decided to pull the plug. Now, we will see how hard it is to fight them over the charges where they have been billing us for services we either didn't sign up for or haven't been able to use due to the fact that we have a system that was not fully implemented in time and we were not trained to use. There was rarely a time when we emailed our implementation team and got a response within less than a week.

Also, the largest problem that we had was that we are a parent company paying invoices for our subsidiaries and need vendor account numbers to be on the payments so that the vendors know where to apply the payments when received. This seemed to be a foreign concept to them (I write account numbers on checks when mailing them in for my personal bills, so I'm not sure why this is so confusing). Long story short, we've been trying to get this setup for only 150 vendors for over 6 months, still can't get a fully working program and have decided it is faster to just enter and pay the A/P for all 10+ of our locations than to use this software because it is so not user friendly.

Get expert buying tips about Expense Management Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2018

The business concept is useful and I have worked for large companies which were already utilizing Concur's services. When I accepted another job with my current company, I stressed that we should invest in Concur Technologies to help our business manage expenses. The initial setup was a little choppy and there is a LOT of jargon and policy to sift through, but the person who helped get me set up was patient and kind. That was not the salesperson, however. The salesperson wasted no time informing me of how low-risk the involvement would be and kept reminding me that if I acted quickly he could give me three months no charge.

What he did not illuminate sufficiently (if at all) is that the company has a 90-day termination policy. We absorbed month one with scheduled phone training and made it to month two before realizing we are already paying someone to do the exact same function as this program. Since we were just beginning the third month of the "three for free" we assumed we would be able to cancel the service and move on. However, and as they were extremely quick to now illuminate, the 90-day policy meant we were on the hook for additional monthly fees despite not using their service for those months. They went as far as involving a lawyer to "encourage" us to pay the remaining fees. If we had been using them for several months I could understand being rigid on this policy, but they dissolved any chance we will use them in the future or recommend the service to any of the other businesses we deal with.

Original review: June 14, 2017

For a product designed to increase productivity, this one sure hinders it. From an AP perspective, with the need to process hundreds of invoices a week, I can only work at the speed of Concur, which is the speed of turtle. It is constantly lagging, dragging, and booting me out. The image recognition is garbage. I would say that close to 90% of the time, it pulls in the wrong vendor. I just automatically know I'm going to have to change that, for every invoice. I essentially spend my day correcting mistakes made by Concur. Customer service is extremely unhelpful as well, and will generally simply answer a question with a question, without providing a solution. As a Computer Science major, I will have to give this product a healthy and enthusiastic thumbs down.

Concur expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Concur is a web-based expense management service that focuses on travel related expenses. Concur is a part of SAP, a German software company whose products allow businesses to track customer and business interactions. SAP is especially well-known for its Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and data management programs. Customers do not have to use SAP to use Concur. Pricing starts at $8 for a basic set of features. Features can be added like the ability to manage invoices, more detailed reporting, audit service and worldwide use in higher level packages. Expense reports are created by snapping photos of receipts using an iOS, Android, Windows Phone or Blackberry mobile device.

• Travel booking options: Managers and employees can use Trip-It Pro or global travel content to compare travel options, check for compliance with budget and other requirements, book business travel and fill out travel-related expense reports.

• Automated expense reporting: Concur offers an automated digital expense reporting service, which means that users don't have to use spreadsheets or save paper receipts. Corporate credit cards, P-Cards and personal credit card integration are available as well.

• Invoice generation: Contractors and others who require payments can generate and send payment requests with this system. Higher versions offer automatic supplier reimbursement and a supplier portal.

• Accounting software integration: Expenses and data submitted and approved in Concur can be set up to integrate with QuickBooks, Salesforce, customized hosts or web service APIs.

• Concur Connect and reports: Concur Connect is a platform that connects customers, suppliers, developers and content aggregators to access and be used to extend Concur’s travel and expense reporting cloud. Reporting ranges from a few basic reports for the small business version to custom insight reporting that is powered by Cognos.

• Best for: Employees who travel and independent contractors.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Concur Company Information