Find a VoIP Providers partner

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

About Comcast VoIP

Xfinity Voice, formerly known as Comcast VoIP, is a landline service provider and voice-over-internet provider. It offers unlimited calling on mobile devices and features like caller ID and blocking. Xfinity Voice is easy to install but requires an internet connection.

Start receiving calls today

Manage Your Business Phone System with Dash from VirtualPBX

Get started

Comcast VoIP Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast VoIP?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast VoIP?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

The location in which I have service has old/outdated connections outside and Comcast will not update the area. I hate calling about it as they continue to tie me up with higher bills and longer contracts but same poor service.

Original review: June 22, 2021

We have had 3 outages with this company in less than two weeks. This has occurred during the daytime, evening prime time and 1 other time. When we call we are told that this is regular maintenance, which is unacceptable. They do not provide any live customer service, and these outages can be up to 12 hours long. This is the only service provider in this area.

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2021

We are limited with internet providers in our area. Comcast provides services to our location. 3 phone lines. Internet. We've purchased/contracted these services for $180-$230/month for over 2 years. This last January the bill kept jumping. I'd call for service, they'd give me a credit. January. Credit. February. Credit. March, again followed up by a credit. I had to call them each time. Then the April bill jumps to $630/month. I call. This time, no credit. No recourse? That's not okay.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Spent 2 hrs trying to solve problem with low hanging line. Was told tech would be out in morning. No show. Called again. No record of my previous day call. 2 days still waiting. Can’t reach online or by phone.

Original review: March 17, 2021

We do not recommend service through Comcast, primarily due to inefficiencies in the billing department, resulting in erroneous repeated suspension of service and a lack of responsibility from Comcast. We've been lied to, ignored, overcharged, and robbed of service that was paid for. We incurred additional payroll costs as a result of these matters to resolve them, with no apology for the mistakes Comcast made and no gratitude for being a customer.

Residents were impacted directly while working at home, which also had an indirect impact on the companies they work for that rely on their employees. Relationships with residents were ultimately fractured. Some representatives were just down right rude and disrespectful. The local representatives in sales are both always very accommodating and great to work with, but they have limited influence over the accounts receivable and billing department of Comcast Business. It really seems like there is 0 accountability at Comcast Business. We are in the process of making a switch, and we recommend developers consider alternative options for new construction.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I was a Comcast customer for over 10 years. I had to cancel my cable because I lost my job due to Covid-19 in April. I alerted them of the situation and told them I could pay 75$ a month towards the balance. They said ok. I made 1 payment and planned on making another payment a month later. Before I was able to make that second payment, I received a letter from their collection company saying that my account had been sent to collections. Awesome. So I called them and set up a payment plan with them to pay off the balance in 3 months. Lo and behold a month later, my credit score is down 23 points because their collection agency has dinged my report, even though I am set up in a payment plan and have only 79$ left to pay. I never missed a payment!

Now the debt is paid off, 3 months later, and they actually owe me money because they overpaid themselves when setting up my payment plan. Screw Comcast. I was a loyal customer for over 10 years. I planned on going back when things are somewhat back to normal. I never, ever will due to how they've treated me. And on their website, they claim they are doing so so much to help people who have been affected financially by covid. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

Comcast / Xfinity has the following: Worst answering system in the history of telephone service. Worst customer service of any company in the history of mankind.

If there is any other service available, take it. I have been trying to cancel my business service and install residential service for 2 months. I have talked to at least 20 different people. Nobody ever calls you back and when that happens, you start from scratch. Horrible company, horrible customer service. They simply don’t care because your options are so limited.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I have internet with Comcast 200 mb per second and 240 tv channels and pay 82 dollars a month, my modem is a Harris sb 8200 and get speeds up to 600 mb per second. Really great, you need to talk to comcast to get a good deal. Might take more than one phone call.

Resolution response: Oct. 22, 2019

Now we have phone service with other carrier. We thank the last Comcast technical support for getting some problems fixed, who is kind, and knowledgeable. but we are very dissatisfied with the last account agent. In addition, Comcast should permit us to port the number out much earlier. It took 22 months to get our phone fixed. Therefore, My star rating is still one star.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

We moved office from one location to another location. Comcast moved our phone, too. But there are some tricks on this. When you call your end user, other phone number will be shown. We contacted so many times, they just promised but never solved problem. Recently, we requested to port our number. Yes, Comcast released this number. But they did not properly port this number out. Now, we do not have phone service due to Comcast. Later, we reviewed the call history on our Comcast account, and find out that most calls still go through Comcast system. Obviously, Comcast did not tell the truth. One of account representative told us that there were nothing to do with Comcast. Actually, it is Comcast' fault. They did not scrub some things on their system.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I switched phone service to a Comcast bundle with the promise from 2 customer service reps that our old phone number would be ported over. Comcast failed to request make that switch before the old service was disconnected and instead assigned me some other random number in a strange area code. The only way to fix the problem is for me to pay my old provider to reconnect their service. Then I have to wait 30 days and request my old number back. Then I have to go back to Comcast and ask them to port that old number over to the new service.

In the meantime, if anyone with our old number tries to call they get an out of service message - sounds like we didn't pay our bill (although we did) and now the school, employers, and other places don't know how to get a hold of us. I can't believe what a pain this is. Do NOT switch your phone service to Comcast if you want to keep your old number.

Comcast VoIP author review by Ellen Muraskin

With roots in cable, Comcast is the largest business VoIP service provider in the United States. It provides a variety of data and communications services to businesses of all sizes.​

• Fixed-mobile convergence: Calls taken on a desk phone can be transferred in mid-call to mobiles. Calls can also automatically be forwarded to smart phones running as extensions to Comcast's virtual PBX. Caller ID shows as your business number, in either case.

• Voice Mobility pricing: Comcast's Voice Mobility service is $29.99 per month for one line and requires a Comcast Internet plan as well. Voicemail boxes are an additional $5 per month.

• VoiceEdge: Comcast's hosted PBX solution, VoiceEdge, starts at $34.95 per line for up to five lines and drops to $24.95 per line for 25 or more lines.

• Network quality: Comcast undertakes a comprehensive network assessment before beginning voice service. Network quality is continually monitored, and SLAs are offered on service and installed devices such as routers and phone sets.

• Sign on additional SIP trunks: Comcast can assign additional SIP trunks on an as-needed basis for periods of high call volume.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Comcast VoIP Company Information