1.14/5

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

Comcast VoIP

Looking for a good VoIP provider?

37 Comcast VoIP Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I switched phone service to a Comcast bundle with the promise from 2 customer service reps that our old phone number would be ported over. Comcast failed to request make that switch before the old service was disconnected and instead assigned me some other random number in a strange area code. The only way to fix the problem is for me to pay my old provider to reconnect their service. Then I have to wait 30 days and request my old number back. Then I have to go back to Comcast and ask them to port that old number over to the new service.

In the meantime, if anyone with our old number tries to call they get an out of service message - sounds like we didn't pay our bill (although we did) and now the school, employers, and other places don't know how to get a hold of us. I can't believe what a pain this is. Do NOT switch your phone service to Comcast if you want to keep your old number.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

This system should NEVER have been released for sale as a usable business tool. A barrage of wrong numbers and dead calls pound our business daily. Our caller ID will not show the incoming caller. Our Voicemail doesn't work. The after hours message works on occasion only. We receive calls for other local businesses, Comcast has no explanation for any of this. And on many occasions it tells our customers our phone is disconnected. These serious issues continue undermining our business of 42 years and Comcast tech support and engineers will get you ZERO solutions for a fix.

Believe me we have been through about 16 techs. We have been tire one, tier two and tier three to no avail. The internet keeps disconnecting because it is giving an extremely low signal. It is extremely difficult for a business to lose internet connection and phones several times in a business day. Even the tech agents don't know what they are doing. And when they do Comcast doesn't listen when they tell them what needs to be addressed. Don't buy into Comcast business services. It will destroy your business!!

Get expert buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Internet keeps disconnecting every two hours. It is extremely difficult for business to lose internet connection every two hours. Everything got stranded and came to stand still. There is an agent dispatched after 3 hours of call. He just replaced entire hardware. But the issue still persisted on second hardware. Even the tech agents doesn't know what they are doing. We worked nearly two days in the office without any internet. Don't take Comcast business service.

Original review: March 17, 2019

So I have been double billed for the my same company for past six months. Someone inside Comcast set up another account using my company and address (must have been a big bonus for new accounts). After (Me) doing all the investigating and constant barrage of calling and CR#s They finally reimburse me for the double bill account, but only after they made another deduction then reduced the amount they owe back by a full month.

NOW my true existing account is being double billed and no one can explain how my account that has been on auto pay for at least 8 years suddenly has changed to twice the amount on the billing and still shows my monthly charges are only a single charge. Can they fix it? NO! Will they? Evidently they don't know how. So again, it's on me to go down to the office and see if I can find anyone that is competent enough to fix anything. I also find it amazing the their billing department only can call you on the weekend when all their other departments are closed.

Original review: March 16, 2019

This has been a horrible experience. I tried to switch over to Comcast business since I had 5 accounts open with Xfinity. When setting everything up I was told it was just an easy switch over. When it turned out NOT to be I canceled all services within the first 30 days. They market a full refund of canceled within the first 30 days. An employee put my email wrong into the system so they could not send me the cancellation agreement through my email. They said they had to mail me a pin code in the mail. I waited and waited. It never came. I called them again. They “mailed it” again. It never came. I called a third time. It never came.

Finally, 3 months later, I get someone on the phone who actually knows what they are doing and they email me the form. They were supposed to back date it to my original call. They didn’t do that. I had already paid over $300 I didn’t owe for fear of it going to collections. So now I still have a past due balance on my account that (after another hour on the phone) they were supposed to credit and mail me back a refund for what I paid. Here we are two weeks later and I am still getting calls to pay this bill. I talk to a woman from billing who had a horrible attitude and pretty much told me I was still responsible for this bill.

She was unwilling to listen to what I was telling her and take the reference number they gave me for this. Her name was Penny. I have spent HOURS on the phone with these people trying to get this cleared up. Honestly, this has been the worst experience and very stressful. It makes me want to cancel all 5 of my Comcast Cable accounts and just go somewhere else. My advice is to just stay away from the Comcast business entirely.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comcast VoIP?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

COMCAST BUSINESS. Please somebody give me an advice. I need Help. We sold our building and asked to transfer the services to another location. It was accepted and I signed documents for the transfer. They later found out the location was not serviceable and we can cancel with no fee. They then asked for a lease of the new location and after we sent it to them, they said it was not valid since the lease said "Sin Frontera LLC" (The name registered to the state) and not "Sin Frontera Mexican Restaurant" (the name they have). Now they are not accepting the lease. We even have another lease with the name requested and they still won't accept it. They are finding any way to force us to pay the termination fee of $2000.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

This system should have not been released for sale as a usable business tool. A barrage of Ghost calls pound our business daily. All of our outgoing lines caller ID will not/cannot show our company as the incoming caller. Confusing customers. We receive calls for other local businesses, Comcast has no explanation. As these serious issues continue undermining your small business Comcast tech support and engineers will get you ZERO solutions for a fix.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I would like to thank James ** (Senior Business Account Executive). He stepped in when nobody else was helping. I've called the customer service line many times to fix an issue with our business after-hours message and nobody seemed to get to the bottom of the problem. It was always "It's fixed" when it never was. I reached out to another rep who trained us during our onboard session but they never returned my calls or emails... So I reached out to our Acc Executive who was not even in town and still managed to get back to us and find a solution. Thanks to him our business After-hours message is working properly and we are able to leave a proper message to our customers when our business is closed for the day. Also, thank you to Stephanie at the Customer Service dept who was finally able to find a solution to our problem.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

My business has used Comcast for internet for several years with no real issues, so when our old "copper pairs" were just not providing reliable service we looked for a better solution. I engaged the services of a broker who provided several options for our phone and data. We have three offices, so there is complexity to this install. After looking at the options we chose Comcast. From the start we had problems.

First it was getting a quote. We had to sign a contract before they would do a site survey so they could tell us what the cost would be. Fortunately, it was not too high, but took a chance. Then they hired a subcontractor who had three different teams to run the last mile. NONE of them would set an appointment or coordinate with us, so fiber was run to the wrong place, not connected and in one case not run into the building. A process that should have taken 6 weeks took over 4 months. When Comcast finally got back involved, they simply came into each location, and left equipment. They never said that they would not return for the cutover. So there we were on the morning of the cutover wondering how to install THEIR equipment. I have had to hire an outside professional to complete it because Comcast refused to even discuss their equipment. I hope the equipment works, because it takes at least a day to get a response from them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

This has been by the far the worst experience ever. I have left voice-mails, spoken to different customer service reps, even left reviews on social media and I still can't get my account closed. Not only did they install the wrong services to my business but they refused to fix my services stating that they need a 45-day window to install the proper services that we need. As if adding insult to injury they also informed me that if I cannot wait I will be penalized for early cancellation fees. NEVER will do business with them again. Now we are out of work and are hopeless at the thought of being charged for something we don't have or can even use.

Comcast VoIP expert review by Ellen Muraskin

With roots in cable, Comcast is the largest business VoIP service provider in the United States. It provides a variety of data and communications services to businesses of all sizes.​

• Fixed-mobile convergence: Calls taken on a desk phone can be transferred in mid-call to mobiles. Calls can also automatically be forwarded to smart phones running as extensions to Comcast's virtual PBX. Caller ID shows as your business number, in either case.

• Voice Mobility pricing: Comcast's Voice Mobility service is $29.99 per month for one line and requires a Comcast Internet plan as well. Voicemail boxes are an additional $5 per month.

• VoiceEdge: Comcast's hosted PBX solution, VoiceEdge, starts at $34.95 per line for up to five lines and drops to $24.95 per line for 25 or more lines.

• Network quality: Comcast undertakes a comprehensive network assessment before beginning voice service. Network quality is continually monitored, and SLAs are offered on service and installed devices such as routers and phone sets.

• Sign on additional SIP trunks: Comcast can assign additional SIP trunks on an as-needed basis for periods of high call volume.

• Best for: Small businesses, large corporations and residential customers.

Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
      Ellen Muraskin VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Comcast VoIP Company Information