ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
Currently there are no customer reviews.
CircleUp expert review by Rose Spinelli
CircleUp, founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco, is an equity-based crowdfunding platform. It focuses on early stage consumer product and retail companies. CircleUp offers two types of funds, Circles and Mixed Funds. It uses a data-driven approach to selecting companies, and sophisticated tools for entrepreneurs to manage their capital raise and support the most innovative emerging consumer brands.
- Reputation: CircleUp has high standards for the companies it allows to fundraise on its site. Companies applying to the CircleUp platform to raise capital must go through elaborate due diligence before they are accepted. The companies usually have at least one million dollars in revenue for the current year, but promising companies with less than $500,000 can apply to have for their seed program on the site.
- Fees: CircleUp receives a commission that is a percentage of the amount a company raises. It doesn't charge application fees.
- Networking: Investors who fund businesses through CircleUp tend to have deep experience in consumer and retail products. They often offer strategic guidance to the companies in which they invest and work to enhance brand recognition.
- Specialized focus: A series of automated assessment metrics help the company keep up with application demands. Because CircleUp focuses on companies that have tangible products, it offers specialized assistance for those companies and the people who want to invest in them.
- All or nothing: Campaign owners typically raise the funds they need within 60 to 90 days of posting their investment opportunity. If the target is not met, the bank holding the funds returns the money to investors.
- Best for: CircleUp is best for businesses that produce tangible products and are looking for hands-on help from their funding partners.
Crowdfunding Contributing Editor
Rose Spinelli, founder of The CrowdFundamentals, is an internationally recognized crowdfunding specialist, mentor, trainer and writer. In 2014, she was voted one of the 100 Most Influential Thoughtful Leaders in Crowdfunding. Rose is the author of one of the first online crowdfunding courses called “Working the Crowd: Know the Fundamentals,” and she has served on a board of directors for the CrowdFunding Professional Association.
CircleUp Company Information
- Company Name:
- Year Founded:
- 818 Mission St, Suite 300
- San Francisco
- Postal Code:
- United States
- (415) 827-1492