Looking for a good VoIP provider?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Broadvoice

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 18, 2017

5 Broadvoice Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

The phone system NEVER worked as promised. Call repeatedly will not help at all. The customer service is completely incompetent. They would tell us they are working on a solution and then never call back. The call quality is terrible with static and dropped calls. Finally I had enough and switch to a more reputable company. They charge an early termination fee. When I disputed the charges they said there were no notes about problems, only that they gave notice of early termination fee. Do NOT believe anything they say. One of the worst companies I've ever used!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

After seeing the 3 poor reviews, I felt compelled to write a positive review. We're an IT company in the Midwest that started reselling Broadvoice earlier this year to complement our small-to-mid sized phone systems. We have 4 clients currently on the service, and all have been very satisfied to date. Their pricing is very competitive with other SIP providers we've worked with, and their service group has been good for cutovers and number migrations. SIP service is not a "do it yourself" type of service, so we act on our client's behalf... which I'm sure helps. There are many issues that arise - especially when dealing with traditional phone companies - along with lots of terms and jargon... so unless this is something you're experienced with, it's best to work with a third party who knows what they're doing. Overall I DO recommend Broadvoice for SIP service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I signed up with Broadvoice last month without a hitch. I ported my old number from Time Warner Cable. The rate went from $39.95 per month at TWC to $99.95 per year on Broadvoice, also called PhonePower.com. Both of those rates were before taxes but the taxes have been the same per month pro-rated, about $4.00 per month on each of those providers. I "brought my own device" a Cisco SPA122 telephone ATA with router that is on Broadvoice's approved device list. My internet speed with TWC is 15 mb/s down and 1 mb/s up. That speed is very acceptable and the quality has been great. I selected the G.711, 64kbps codec. So far, so good.

Original review: July 23, 2008

I need an explanation; I made calls to fixed numbers in Brazil and I got charged as mobile number and you are saying that I don't have any refunds? Why?

Original review: May 4, 2005

BROADVOICE - NON-WORKING SERVICE AND BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! DON'T USE BROADVOICE IN NEW YORK CITY. I subscribed to BroadVoice VoIP service on March 7, 2005. Since the ATA device provided was installed, I did not receive over 80% of my incoming calls! I operate a home-based business, and I am certain to have lost revenue due to this service problem. After 8 attempts to resolve the problem with BroadVoice technical support (waiting over 30 minutes each call), no resolution was ever found. I terminated the service on April 6, 2005 in order to maintain my 30-day warranty period in which all charges would supposedly be refunded and asked that I have my BroadVoice number ported to my new provider.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Broadvoice?

Broadvoice expert review by Ellen Muraskin

Partnering with leaders in telecommunications hardware like Cisco, AT&T and Polycom, Broadvoice is a longstanding provider of a variety of VoIP services.

• Experienced: Broadvoice is a cloud-based, veteran VolP provider to consumers and businesses.
    • SIP trunking sold stand-alone: Those with pre-existing PBX or other PBX host can get standalone SIP trunking.
    • Accessible service: Broadvoice sells or leases a range of IP desktop phones from Cisco, Polycom and Obihai. The service also works with phones or adapters from other manufacturers.
    • Domestic and international plans: Local and long-distance calling are included. With an international plan, customers can call across borders at no extra charge.
    • Pay-as-you-go international pricing options: This is a nice option for businesses that don't do a lot of international calling.
    • Award-winning, US-based customer service: Local customer service means you will get the assistance you need when you need it, from a reliable representative.
    • Best for: Residential users, small businesses and large corporations.
    Profile picture of Ellen Muraskin
    Ellen Muraskin

VoIP Contributing Editor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

Broadvoice Company Information