Blue Dog Business Services Reviews

About Blue Dog Business Services

Blue Dog Business Services (BlueDog) is more than a payment processor. We aim to be the best friend to your business. Our name comes from the blue stuffed dog our CEO's son relied on when things got tough. That's the relationship BlueDog wants with our customers. To be an advisor, someone to rely on in your most desperate time of need. Your company’s best friend.

Blue Dog Business Services Reviews

Stars Rating

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueDog?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueDog?
    PriceStaff

Reviewed April 12, 2017

The company we were using before kept raising their fees. Then Blue Dog contacted us and they cost less. We have them for about two weeks for their merchant services. My experience was easy, smooth, and not complicated. They application process was easy and very clear as we had all of our past records. The transition between the two companies went very smoothly. I had a couple of questions along the way but they answered the questions satisfactorily. They all seemed very personable. I don't feel like I'm dealing with some large corporation. I feel dealing more one on one with a more of a local type company which I'm more comfortable with. At this point everything seems to be going very smoothly.

Marcy,

That's great news! I am happy to see you saving money to be able to put back into your business. Also happy to hear how smooth your set up process was. That's exactly what we aim for when providing our services.

Should you need anything at all, please give us a call. Remember we are here to assist.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceOnline & App

Reviewed April 7, 2017

We have the mobile swiper and the virtual terminal from Blue Dog. I've been using these products for three months and it's been good so far. The application process went smoothly and the setup process was very easy. They called me to help and we were able to set it up. However, I started at the end of January or the beginning of February and they charged me for the whole month of January when we haven't even started using it. Also, the swipers have a one free per account and I was gonna get two for two on the different accounts originally, but the rep said that they will have a Bluetooth one soon so I told them not to do the others and that I'm gonna go with the Bluetooth when those come out instead because the swipers were $99 each for the second one. But they ended up charging me for two more and I only got one extra which I returned right away. So I'm still waiting on the credits for those two.

Pinned

Thanks for the feedback, Chris. Feel free to call the corporate office to help resolve any issues you have that are ongoing. Our reps would be glad to help and answer any other questions or concerns you might have.

Best,

Andy Bennett

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed April 5, 2017

I've started using Blue Dog because of my online gun business. They were processing my online gun transactions because my other processor wouldn't do an online gun. So I was referred to them and I gave them a call then they reached out to me and said they'd like to earn all my business. They made me look through everything and showed me where they could save me some money. The application process was very easy. We've had them for at least a month now and everything is going wonderfully so far.

Pinned

Thanks for the feedback, Danny! Please let us know if you need anything else. Feel free to reach out to our corporate office if you have questions or concerns.

Andy Bennett

Reviewed April 3, 2017

Blue Dog contacted me saying they were the best merchant processor. I went through their sign up process. When we were activating my account to work with my website they needed to activate an Authorize.net account. The woman MOLLY ** could not get it to work, she called me back many times and made me create 3 different logins for Authorize.net. It turns out she activated 3 separate Authorize.net accounts for my business and did not tell me. They were never able to get the merchant processing to work with my website. Unknown to me they activated me an Internet account and a retail account. I do not even have a retail store. While inspecting my bank records I found that I was being billed for 3 authorize.net accounts and their merchant processing service though NOTHING was ever activate.

I began emailing MOLLY ** on December 19th. She informed me I had to deal with authorize.net as those were my accounts even though she opened them. I had to fax a cancellation request to her to get the merchant processor fees to be cancelled. She never cancelled anything. I emailed a dozen times between December 19th and today April 3rd. They never cancelled anything. Last Thursday BRIAN ** called me to say everything was cancelled. I received a charge to my account today so he clearly LIED to me. In addition, BRIAN ** told me I will be responsible for a cancellation fee. He refused to tell me how much and told me he could do NOTHING about it. Remember I received no services, so they are charging me a cancellation fee for cancelling nothing. I pleaded with them to be human and realize they did nothing for me and they needed to rectify the situation or I would go through third parties to rectify it on my own.

Getting the charge to my account today shows me they have no desire to help. I called one last time this morning to try to get them to take ownership of their own mistakes. I spoke with ROSANNE ** and she said would get the operations manager and instead hung up on me. BLUE DOG HAS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! BLUE DOG STEALS MONEY! If you are contacted by any of these people proceed with EXTREME CAUTION!!! RON DICHTER - CEO & President

Ryan,

My apologies, if you feel that you were wronged by our company and or misled in anyway. I can assure you that when we make a mistake we will do everything we can to correct it. We gain no traction locally or nationally not taking care of our clients. Like yourself as a business owner we try to please every client and if we are unsuccessful in doing so it’s not a reflection of poor business, we just simply were not able to please the client. But all the while we have tons of clients however that love our product and services that we offer. There's always going to be a constant battle to grow our businesses and we do it daily until things get better.

My goal within the next 24 hours is to work with my team reviewing your account for a swift resolution. Again, my apologies to you and we will follow up with a phone call to discuss this further.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed April 1, 2017

I’m a firearm manufacturer and sell guns, so there’s only a few people that will actually handle us. I was with Intuit and a few different companies before. But the problem is they merge with other companies that are anti-firearm. Next thing you know, you get a dismissal letter in the mail saying cease and desist utilizing their stuff within 15 days. We got Blue Dog for the credit card processor, and they’ve been good. They had pretty decent rates and they’re easy to work with. I got the service set up to where I run my credit cards during the day, and they batch them out at night. It’s a very simple process.

I was in between moving shops when I got the processor, and most of my people were used to paying by check or cash. So I’m just getting them back onboard with credit cards. But Blue Dog was very understanding, and they work with you within your timeframe. Their customer service was very phenomenal. If I call them, somebody answers the phone. It’s not like when I was with Intuit years ago, where I was on hold for an hour-and-a-half. And when I got someone on the phone, it’s hard for me to understand somebody who's foreign.

Cole,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Its comments like yours that pushes us to do what we do. We're very happy that you have joined our Blue Dog Family and glad to see that your experiences and transition to us was pleasant and successful.

Should you need anything soon, please don't hesitate to give us a call and we will be happy to help.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed March 30, 2017

I was with Payment Alliance but I was looking for lower fees with someone that is also in or accepts stuff from the gun industry. Blue Dog called me and said they can beat Payment Alliance's rates. I even emailed them my statements from Payment Alliance. Jonathan, the sales person, seems like a really nice and sincere guy. But apparently, the back office and the sales team have some issues. They're selling stuff they're not supplying in the end. To me, the whole thing was not exactly a scam but borderline to that. It was not cool.

They promised me on more than one occasion and put it in writing that I would have no monthly fees other than charge fees. They also made me open up two accounts because they said I had to have one for mobile and one for online, which was not divulged up front, but with Payment Alliance, I only had to have one account. Then, they charged both accounts several days after I opened them and hit my bank account twice. I've reached out to them and the sales guy promised me they would get after it ASAP. This was a week ago and I've emailed him since but have gotten zero response. In addition to saying there were no monthly fees, they never divulged that there was an e-processing service fee of $19 a month which they dropped to $14 a month. It makes payback almost negligible for me.

They were not forthcoming at all with how things are going to work nor have they solved this issue with no monthly fees and I haven't got my money back yet. I'm very unhappy with them. They have not lived up to what they said they were going to do. The sales guy put it in writing so either he put in writing some stuff he was not allowed to do or there is a problem with their organization somewhere, somehow. So far, I wouldn't recommend Blue Dog at all. They should've told me everything upfront. They definitely got a lot to fix and I'm going to have to take the next steps with them if they don't do something about it. The whole thing was not well-handled at all. I think Payment Alliance is going to be a better bet for me and I may have to move back to them.

John,

Thank you for taking the time to share what is going on with your account. First, let me apologize for any miscommunication and things of that nature that may or may not have been said by our representative. I can assure you that we try our very best like yourself as a business owner to get it right with our clients the first time, and if something goes wrong we stand by any of our guarantees and fix it.

Please allow me the opportunity to consult with my team by reviewing your account and I will follow up with a resolution. My apologies for your experiences and we'll get back to you shortly.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedProcess

Reviewed March 18, 2017

We’re an ammunition company and we process credit cards through QuickBooks, but our in-house credit card processing was shut off. We did a quick change over to Blue Dog and the application process was easy. When they called, I looked into their program and they looked at my bills. They also said that they could save us money. They asked me to fill out something which I did and within 24 hours, they had us up and going. They didn't have a reason not to because we’re a good, profitable, healthy company. It was a fairly smooth process overall.

We've been using Blue Dog's Credit card processing services for less than a month now since we switched over about mid-February. One of the reasons that we went with them was the QuickBooks plug-in but it isn’t working quite right yet. There have been a couple of hiccups and so far, my satisfaction for their service is 50-50. I received calls from several other providers offering a good deal but I told them I was already established with Blue Dog. They keep making comments that they were a third party processor and that there was no way they can offer cheaper rates. At this point, I'm leery and am waiting for the first monthly bill to see if the promises come through.

Pinned

Thanks, Codi. We love our vendors in the firearms industry. If you need any help whatsoever resolving your issues, please feel free to give us a call at the corporate office. We will do everything we can to make sure you are 100% satisfied with our service.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

Blue Dog came to us at a trade show and we decided to use them because they process transactions specific to the firearms industry. We got merchant services from them and the application process was really easy. Also, their staff has been very responsive and friendly. We've been using them for the last 8 to 10 months and so far, the service has been good.

Pinned

Thanks, Jarrett! We love passing on the savings to our friends in the firearms industry. Feel free to reach out to the corporate office if you need anything whatsoever.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed March 14, 2017

Other credit card vendors won't deal in firearms, so I went with Blue Dog for credit card processing. I've had them for a month and, so far, the service has been good. The application process was pretty easy and didn't take long. The sales reps were really responsive and my interactions have been pretty good with their customer service teams.

Pinned

Thanks for the feedback, Danny! We enjoy working with the firearms industry. Please don't hesitate to call us if you need any support.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed March 13, 2017

Our business owner decided we were switching to Blue Dog and we set it all up. A representative came here to the office and she took care of doing all the paperwork of the application part. She then hooked up with the people to do the online processing. It was wonderful with the sales rep. For two years now we've been using Blue Dog's credit card processor and we like it better than the previous provider we used. I also still call Blue Dog if I have any issues and I get an immediate return callback and an answer to my question as soon as they can. Overall, everything's fine.

Pinned

Thanks for the feedback, Tammy! Feel free to reach out to the corporate office should you need anything at all.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed March 12, 2017

A rep from Blue Dog cold called me but it was reasonable and all the term rates were fine. The rep was friendly, fine and convincing. I signed up to change over but the fees sucked. When I set up my Payment Alliance I only had to pay $15 a month plus my credit card fees. But with Blue Dog, I got hit with $40 in fees and I haven't even used the credit card processor. It took us three weeks to set it up because we couldn't set it up on a weekend. By the time we were able to actually set it up, I was already hit with $40 in fees. I was fine paying for the credit card process. It's the other fees that have been associated with it and I haven't even swiped a card.

I was expecting that I got called. They set up and then I would get charged whatever my monthly service fee is but I figured there will be some activation date, not from whatever arbitrary date. But, it had literally been set up less than a week and I was already hit with fees. It left a sour taste in my mouth. They called me to set up the online terminal processor. They said they had a better mobile app that I could set up and log all my items but nobody told me how to get this app and where to get it. There was no instruction in the box on who I get the app from. So, nobody knows what's going on with mobile process and setup.

Rich,

I'm sorry that you had a bit of trouble getting started with us. After reviewing the information its definitely and easy fix to get you where you need to be. Someone in our support team will be reaching out to you to have this resolved. In the future please give us a call in the corporate office with any issues or concerns and we would be happy to take care of them for you. Again, I do apologize.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupProcess

Reviewed March 5, 2017

Blue Dog was Johnny-on-the-Spot before everything got set up. It's over a month since I signed up and I’m still not up and running. They were gonna set me up with GoEmerchant, but it turned out that they don’t support them. So they said, “Well, no big deal. We’ll go with Authorize.Net.” I had to change everything, and go to a different website. I finished everything and then emailed Blue Dog to say I’m ready. But I haven’t heard a word from them. I can’t get them to call me back. I left messages in customer service and after a week, Dominic contacted me.

Dominic helped me during the initial process. I had to fill out a whole bunch of information. But I got through all that. But it was confusing because someone else called and they said Blue Dog’s not the actual processor or the company that sets it up. It seems like Blue Dog’s the seller. Then there’s someone that handles the gateway so that the payments go where they’re supposed to go. And then the Authorize.Net or the GoEmerchant are the actual processors. I don’t know who was calling or asking for what information. In the meantime, I got monthly fees and had to go with the upper package if I want to do e-commerce. After I get all that done, I had to go with another package because I have to go with a different processor than they offer with the regular package. Now, I’m gonna have monthly fees on stuff that I don’t even have anything going yet. So I’m a little frustrated and ready to quit.

Robert,

My apologies for the time that you are having and have had. I took a look at your account did not realize that you were having such issues. Our corporate office is always a good place to call when there are issues or concerns. Its never our intent to ignore a customer so with that I will have someone from our support team follow up with you to get your issues resolved.

Online & AppStaff

Reviewed March 3, 2017

Blue Dog had a friendly salesperson and staff, the prices were right, and they're a good company to deal with, so we went with them for credit card processing. The application process was easy. We're 100% satisfied with the service so far.

Pinned

Thanks, Todd! We love to hear that kind of feedback. Please feel free to reach out to the corporate office if you need any assistance at all.

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2017

We've been using Blue Dog for more than a year now. We got a credit card processor from them and the application process was pretty easy. We used a different merchant before but we weren't happy with them ‘cause we could never get anybody to help us. But with Blue Dog, their staff have been good and helpful when we needed them. Overall, the company's decent because it’s local and I can find them.

Pinned

Thank you Meredith! We are very pleased to hear that our commitment to customer service provided you will a great experience. Thanks for the feedback!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2017

I was approached by a Blue Dog sales person at the office. They had better rates and they were local, so we went with them. We filled out the application, talked to our service rep and we worked together. It was very fast, and we took care of it. The only thing is that I told them we’re not going to process anything for more than $5,000, and at that time, I didn’t realize that we would have transcripts that could be upward of $18,000. So, I processed a payment for over $5,000. They then called me, and they put a hold on it until I got all kinds of information. They asked me what it is, who is it, and why I did it. And when I gave them all the information, everything went fine and they pushed it through.

We've been using Blue Dog's e-commerce service for more than two years now. I only go on the Internet and go e-merchant and put in credit cards. We’re a court reporting agency so no one comes in with their card to pay. I’m very happy with Blue Dog and they are better than the one we had before. I got a phone call once from the woman who was not very nice, but other than that, we haven’t had any problems at all. We're very satisfied with our experience.

Pinned

Thank you Jann! We are glad the application process went so well. We work very hard to provide excellent customer service.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2017

We were using another processor with tiered pricing and it was crazy what we were paying. After a lot of research I decided to go with an interchange plus plan. After speaking to several vendors, I decided to go with Blue Dog. They were extremely open and worked out a nice plan with me. The only thing I don't like about it is the yearly charge for PCI compliance when it is easy to register yourself. Other than that, our fees have been cut nearly in half. We are very happy.

Pinned

Thanks Karen! We are always happy to save our customer money! Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2017

We've been using our Blue Dog credit card processor for two years now. The machine’s good, and when we were signing up, the salesman that I dealt with was wonderful. He told me everything. They won’t give me free paper though, so now I have to order. Also, the numbers keep jumping and I don’t recommend Blue Dog because of that. They need to fix the numbers, otherwise I’m leaving because my contract’s finished.

John,

Thank you for your feedback and I do apologies that you have experienced some difficulties. I will have a representative from our support team give you a call to discuss your concern so that we can get you in a better position.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2017

We've been using Blue Dog products for a year and a half. We got our merchant credit card processor from them. We've used different merchant service providers before, and Blue Dog was way better because they keep in contact and give me statistics. They also give me savings every month, and I like saving money. Their services are considerably cheaper, compared with what we were paying previously. It's been good with the sales and customer service reps. They were friendly and helpful, and answered all my questions.

Pinned

Thank you so much Ronette! We love saving our customers money as well as providing top-tier support. Thanks for the feedback!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2017

Blue Dog has been very responsive and quick to help and solve any problems we've had. They have kept us up to date with their monthly newsletter. Tech support is very knowledgeable and pleasure to work with. I've always had a reliable person answer the telephone when I have called.

Pinned

Thank you so much Christopher. We are happy you've enjoyed our service and support. We look forward to many more years working together!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2017

Called Blue Dog rep (Jonathan **). Informed him that credit card imprinter needed time change. No more than 30 min later it was handled. Merchant center said it would take more than 1 hour to get done and it would be best to do after closing.

Pinned

Thanks Vinny! We work very hard to make sure our customer support and swift and efficient. We appreciate the positive feedback!

Price

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2017

When I chose your company for credit card service, I was upfront about most of the money coming in during certain months of the year. When that time came, you put a limit on how much money I could charge during the month putting my business in jeopardy. Luckily, I found another company with much better service.

Marlene,

My apologies for the experience that you have had with our company. I will have a member of our team review your account for further discussions. Its never the intent of our company to make things difficult, so again my apologies.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2017

I signed up for the credit card processing about 3 years ago or so. Your representative Chirs **, phone # at the time **, gave me the whole song and dance about how your company provides the best service at the best rates and I believed him. I explained that I don't process credit cards often and he said don't worry, I'll only get charged when I use the service (it said no monthly charges in the contract as well). The first 3 months I did not use the service or process any cards AT ALL but yet was still billed for different amounts each month! It ranged from upper $20 to upper $30 (I cannot remember the exact #s because it was a few years ago but I'm sure the info is in your records). After numerous times of contacting Chris, he finally picked up and promised me, a full refund and told him to cancel the service because I was CLEARLY dissatisfied with the service and your representative.

I waited months for my refund that I was promised and never got it. I contacted him numerous times and he just ignored my calls and messages. The service was canceled but never got my refund. So I paid Blue Dog almost $100 for NOTHING AT ALL and your rep Chris ** got his commission and kicked his customer to the curb. As a business owner, people ask me who do I recommend for credit card processing all the time. I make sure I tell them anyone BUT BLUE DOG. I know for a fact that no one from Blue Dog will contact me and make this right so I'll just continue to warn my fellow business owners to stay far away from your company and "services you offer".

Gyan,

My apologies for the time and experience that you have had with our company. I will be reviewing your account to continue this discussion further. I do apologies that your experience was not pleasant, but again will get back to you shortly.

No response received
    Customer ServiceContract & TermsPriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2017

Very poor service, charged me much more than other companies. When tried to cancel, charged me a huge cancellation fee, because we cancelled via phone, not a letter, which no one told me about. Evey time I tried to call them on the phone, I was unable to get good explanations for bills. They told me I signed a 3 yr contact, the rep told me it was a 1 year contract, then no one could find the paperwork. Was not happy.

Dustin,

I'm sorry that you have had the experience that you have had. Let me look at your account and get back to you on this.

Online & App

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2017

We've been using a Blue Dog product for a couple of years now. The salesman came in and gave me a really good rate, and we got a credit card processor from them. The application process wasn't that hard. All in all, we had a good, easy experience with Blue Dog.

Pinned

Thank you very much Brian! We are happy to hear the setup processes was pain-free and the transition went well!

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2017

I've been using Blue Dog's service for a year now for our credit card processing and it's been a good service. It's sometimes hard to get a hold of the right people, but the representatives eventually figure out the answer to my problem. The service with my previous provider was a little better, but the prices were higher.

Pinned

Thank you for the feedback Amanda! We are always working hard on improving our customer service. Thanks for your insight!

Online & AppStaff

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2017

I've gone through a lot of credit card companies and I'm not very happy with any of the carriers so far. The salesperson convinced me to go ahead with Blue Dog after talking to him several times. Their application process was pretty simple. The only thing that upset me was I wanted to see all of the fine print before I signed anything. And then after I signed and got it set up, they sent me pages and pages of fine print. So I had a discussion with the salesman over that. Other than that, my experience has been good so far.

Pinned

Thanks, Rexanne! We are so glad that we were able to make the the application process as simple as possible. We appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2017

My experience with Blue Dog was not very good. They called me on the phone and the rep that I was dealing with told me that I could do things a certain way. Then when it came down to it, I couldn’t do it the way that I wanted to do it. I got the mobile payment where I swipe the card through on my phone. I asked for one swiper and I ended up having to do two swipers and doing it off of two businesses. Also, neither one of the swipers will work on our phones. We have to hand punch them in and it’s a disaster. When I run the card, it shows it was working, and then when I go to use it in a day or two, it’s not working. We tried three times trying to get it activated and going, and after the third time, I just quit. I’m doing very little on the system and if I can’t use them, it’s not worth me having it.

Larry,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with Blue Dog thus far. Our goal is always a smooth transition with every new account, and while that does not always happen whether technical difficulty or not, we do try out best for our customers. I will get to the bottom of this and have a resolution for you very shortly. Again, our apologies.

No response received
    Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2017

Blue Dog Business Services offered better pricing. The percentages and swipe fees would save us a little money compared to what we had. Signing up was a breeze, but we had to deal with technical issues and things didn't happen as fast as we needed them to. It was a little rough transitioning and it took some time. Unfortunately, it was right in the middle of the busy holiday shopping but we're all good now. Customer service was a little lacking at the beginning, but they were more than helpful and nice. They did try their best, though they have to do a little better next time.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback, Jose! We apologize for difficulty during set up. We are always striving to improve our technical processes.

Reviewed Jan. 7, 2017

We got Blue Dog's credit card machine for the counter which we've had for 3 months now. We used to have another one from Bank of America but Blue Dog's is good. It's not very pretty, though. It can still be blue for the branding but it needs to be less blue since it's the only thing bright blue on my counter. At any rate, their technical support or customer service have been great.

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2017

Somebody from Blue Dog called me and I went with them since they've quoted a better rate. I got a credit card processing service, the type where I can accept credit cards but it's on the apps and not with a card reader that wouldn't work on my device. Everything worked fine with their reps so far. Since having it last month, I've used it one time and it's been fine.

Pinned

Thank you Jerry! We are glad we were able to provide you with a more competitive rate.

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2017

The provider that we used before had been telling us for over a year that they were going to get us compliant with the law on accepting tipped cards. They haven't done it yet and we switched to Blue Dog. Their fees are lower and I like that if I settle my batch by 5:30, the funds are deposited the next day instead of having to wait two or three days. Also, when we got the machine, we had to get it set up by their techs and that took less than two minutes. It's only been about a couple of weeks since we started using them and so far, so good.

Pinned

Thanks for the feedback, Carol! We are very happy that you've enjoyed being a Blue Dog customer.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2016

Somebody called us and told us that Blue Dog has this credit card machine which was free and only a percentage will be charged every time we did a transaction on it. But we found out later that there was a monthly fee that has to be paid and we aren't very happy about that because we were lied to. We talked to them about it and they said that that was not true and there was nothing they can do about it. Basically we paid for the machine but we do very little transactions with it. Overall, some things that they have are good and we would recommend them to other people but the credit card machine we would not.

Pinned

We appreciate your feedback Carmen. We are always looking for ways to improve our processes.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2016

We've worked with Blue Dog's customer service and the only thing that's different between their system and the system we used to have is that before, we had a tech that would come out and do our troubleshooting if we had a problem. At Blue Dog, we have to call in and go through their office then the office goes through a helpline and the helpline has to download and do all these things before we can get something resolved. And during the first couple of days of using it, we had to get some kinks worked out and the system modified. But other than that, I use it on a daily basis and it's been fine. We definitely recommend it.

Pinned

Thanks Beth! We appreciate your feedback and we are always working on improving our tech support. Your insight is greatly appreciated.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2016

Blue Dog called me and they were gonna be half the price of what I was paying with AmeriBanc. They emailed me the application and I signed everything and sent it back to them by email. There was a section on the application that said we run all of our credit cards by swiping and I told them that was incorrect and they needed to change it. We did 40% by typing it in and 60% by swiping. When I got the paperwork back, it still said that I did 100% swiping so I had to call them back to ask them to change that. The girl that I talked to did not have a very good customer service orientation. She wasn't very helpful. I liked the technical support during the installation though. The salesperson was also really good except for the changing of the information that I needed changed. And I'm not sure they have changed it because I don't know where I would look to check if they did.

Pinned

Thanks for the positive feedback Tina! We work very hard on our technical support process!

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2016

Blue Dog contacted me and offered me a better rate than the credit card processor I had. It took me a while to get around and do anything about it. They started about six months ago contacting me. It was kind of, “Well, what have I got to lose by sending them a copy of my last statement? If they can beat it, fine. If they can’t, fine." It was easy to apply. I talked with the sales guy and he emailed me an application to fill out, I filled it out and sent it back, then they traded machines with me. Everybody was helpful and friendly, but when the machine came, it was improperly programmed. It was programmed for internet use – connected to the computer and internet use, as opposed to a connection to a phone line and phone use. But it wasn’t a big deal because the lady knew right away and called me. She walked me through reprogramming it for my intended use and it worked fine.

Pinned

Thank you Bryant! We are so glad you took the chance and became a Blue Dog customer. We always work very hard to provide excellent customer service.

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2016

I wasn’t happy with the merchant service provider I had at the time when they contacted me as far as their customer service, so I decided to change to Blue Dog. One time the machine wasn’t working and there wasn’t much that Blue Dog could do about it on their end. It was something on our end with the modem but they seemed knowledgeable.

Pinned

Thanks Chris! We are very glad you switched your merchant service provider over to us.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2016

I have a friend who works for Blue Dog and who I did a favor. I got the credit card swiper and my friend came over with another guy and I signed some paperwork. Then I had someone call me a little bit later and I did the online. I downloaded the app and the sales quickly ran me through on how the app worked. It was easy. She was nice and it’s really good. I haven't used the product yet nor the app because the amount of shows I do is very little.

Pinned

Thanks for the feedback Robert! We're glad that the set up process could be so pain-free!

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2016

Blue Dog came to my office and gave me a proposal. It looked good and I accepted it. They work exactly the same way as how our previous provider works but Blue Dog's fees are better. I would recommend them.

Pinned

Thanks Virginia! We always appreciate wonderful feedback!

Customer ServiceEase of Use

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2016

Blue Dog was the first company of their type to call me that said they could sync with QuickBooks. I got them for credit card processing. I used Intuit before, and they build into QuickBooks to be as seamless as it could be. So getting set up with Intuit was certainly easier than it was with Blue Dog, but that's just part and parcel of how they do things. Based on my recollection, the application process with Blue Dog is a lot more thorough than it was with Intuit as there was a lot more we had to go through. The reps helped set up my account and got some things configured. There are still some things that are hanging out there, that we could've used a little more hand-holding on to get everything configured. It seemed like once they got the account set up and I was starting to process that, my emails suddenly didn't get returned, but overall, they're not bad.