toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Lori,

Thank you for your review submission and informing us as to your issue. I am sorry that you had to deal with this and the time that has passed to have this issue followed up.

I want to assure you that Blue Dog and our partners are willing to assist and support you with any charge-back issues you encounter. Unfortunately these issues arise from the customer and the services and products provided, and therefore it becomes an issue with your customers bank and VISA/MC/DIS and our bank. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Our business was opening so we needed to get a credit card company and Blue Dog was local so we chose to go with them. We have online payments through a website with them now and also received a swipe cell phone which was originally set up but we've since canceled that. They have courteous reps but it takes an extremely long time to get a resolution. We had an issue where a customer had processed the payment online and it took seven days to get an answer back from Blue Dog on what was going on. It's a chargeback situation. I'm still working through it and it's from September.

Resolution response: Dec. 1, 2016

Turns out that there was a mistake made in some comments and everything was resolved. Andrew sent this response today. 12-01-2016

I just got off the phone with FAPS and they are going to refund the final $495 to your account. This takes up to 14 days to see credited. All other fees were already credited back to your account and you should have noticed those or will shortly. The calls are recorded for quality and training purposes and we were able to reference it for further clarification. Thank you for your patience and I hope this resolves all issues we’ve discussed. Should there be anything else please let me know.

George,

I'm glad that we were able to come to a conclusion with the reimbursement of the fees to your account. Hope the best for you and your business as you open in the near future.

George,

Thank you for your submission, a member from our team will follow up with your request shortly.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I was told by Josh ** that there was not a contract and that I could lock in the rates of today so that when my business opens next year I wouldn't have to worry about processing rates going up. I was told my account would be put on hold till I decided at time of opening the business. I don't have equipment nor have the business open and they charged me for two months of service at $46.50 per month and a cancellation fee of $495.00 two times for a total of 1083.00. The reason I cancelled is because the POS system I chose has a processing company built in and makes it much easier. When I spoke with Josh ** and Andrew ** they didn't care. They were not willing to help.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Tracy! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are always striving to be helpful and provide excellent service!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

We have been using Blue Dog Business Services since 2014. We purchased their credit card processing and we use iPads to do that. Their application process was very easy and their reps have always been very helpful and I haven’t had any issues. Overall, they have great service.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Fred! We are glad that you installation was stress free! We work very hard to maintain excellent customer service.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I purchased my credit card machines from Blue Dog. I've been with them for two months now, and so far they’ve been excellent. The application process was really good. When I was setting up my machines, I had to cut it short because I had people come in. The lady was professional, called me back about an hour later and we got right through it and I've set everything up and it was very good.

Lisa,

Thank you for your submission. A member of our team will respond to your submission as soon as possible to assist in a resolution.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

When Lewis and I were being required to switch over to the new cell credit card machine, Blue Dog had a salesman come into my office. Obviously, I was being bombarded at the time but the salesperson was personable. I like everything that they had to say and that Blue Dog was a local bank. Their fees at the time were lower than what I was currently paying. They offered to get me out of my current contract because there's a cancellation fee. And I decided to make a switch because I wasn't happy with my current processor.

The application itself was fairly straightforward, however, I'm miserable with Blue Dog. I had a customer buy a card out of credit card, and it went through my machine. They refused to pay it, and I was charged the processing fee. Then, they said I had a $3,000 a day limit. So, I processed that transaction into smaller limits. Then they said, "No. It's at $3,000 per person limit." And they only released the funds they had charged with the agreement that I was not allowed to take payment from this person for another 180 days. So, it was either I agree to not do business with this customer anymore for 180 days or they were not going to release my funds, and I was charged the fees for both transactions. So I'm completely dissatisfied with them and actively looking to switch out of them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Dog Business Services?

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks a lot Carmen! We strive to make the application process as pain free as possible. We look forward to many more years of partnership!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

It was easy to apply with Blue Dog Business Services and I've been with them for a little over two years now. I have their services where I go and run the credit cards online. I love their sales and customer team. It's been awesome.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Eric! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to a long-term positive relationship!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Blue Dog is located in a town in Florida where I also have a place. I'm very new with them but they are great to work with and they save us a little money. Getting everything set up and running was a smooth process. The people there are fabulous especially Molly who did a real good job in helping me out.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks a bunch Lisa! We work very hard to make sure your transition always goes smoothly. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I liked that Blue Dog was local and their rates were better. The application was very easy. John, the rep, was very nice and helpful. He walked me right through it and we were up and going within two or three days. I have been using their credit card processor for about two years now. It's a lot better than the POS system I used before. I call Blue Dog customer service for paper refills although there was one time I called because their system went down and the money didn't drop in the next day. They've always been very helpful. Everything has been good.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you so much Melanie! We strive for excellent customer service and an enjoyable application process. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

Blue Dog has been a good experience. They approached us and we availed of their credit card processor - applying for it was easy. Their sales and customer service teams have been helpful whenever I've called them. They're just down the street, too, so if we have a pressing problem, they usually come right over for us.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Heather for your great feedback! I'm glad we could make your experience a positive one. We are always looking for different ways to help our customers.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I worked with Joshua **. He was very professional, informative, answered my many questions and phone calls. Also it took us about 30 days from time of quote to finalizing and he was always very responsive. He also forwarded me to another person in your organization for another quote on another part of the business.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Tony! Our goals are always to provide a low cost merchant service to all of our customers in addition to excellent customer service.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I bid out my merchant services to three companies. Blue Dog was the best priced and had the most up to date technology. Blue Dog installed on time and everything has worked as promised.

Resolution response: Oct. 19, 2016

Blue Dog went above and beyond to make things right. Not only with a one-time resolution but with a lower rate going forward. With this, I'm more than happy to continue being a customer going forward.

Blue Dog Business Services

We're thrilled that we were able to solve the issues for you Michael! We strive to provide excellent customer service and we're glad that we could follow through with that promise.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

Because I use a Miva Merchant shopping cart it took 2 Months waiting to integrate Blue Dog's processing into my site (got billed for those 2 months even though my account wasn't working). Blue Dog has Assured me that they could easily work with Miva Merchant. Then the second problem: it took over a week figure out an issue involving taking Military Credit Cards and my SIC code.

What is most upsetting is that I anticipated both of the above as possible problems and I mentioned to Blue Dog BEFORE signing up, at which time they assured me that they wouldn't be problems. The third problem came a little over a month after getting their processing on our site: we noticed that the site had been rejecting all attempted transactions with American Express; no idea how many sales that cost us! Nothing we did wrong, 100% Blue Dog's fault.

I've asked Blue Dog for some sort of credit for all these problems (and the time it's cost me and lots sales from the Amex problem), but have yet to hear back. Now, only sticking with Blue Dog only because changing back to my previous company (or another one), would be a hassle, and that I've already invested a lot of time and headache to resolve these issues. I hope and pray that these are the last of them.

Denise,

Thank you for your submission, a member from our team will follow up with you shortly to assist.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

When we opened the account we were promised next day funding or we wouldn't have switched processors. Also we have been charged by two merchant companies because the lease paper I gave to the rep. was not sent to the merchant processor. We have been trying to fix this since July. I leave messages and do not hear back.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks, Josh! We both understand the value of a referral and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll let Brad and Molly know about your kind words!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I went with Blue Dog Business Services because of convenience and they are right down the road from me. They do my credit card processing and my gift cards. They also put my cellphone on first pay. They are way better than my past merchant service provider. I really like the customer service and the rates of Blue Dog are definitely comparable. Their reps Brad and Molly were good. They're really quick responding and don’t ever mess around. They put me first priority when I called and they’ve always taken care of me. I've referred enough customers that I'm down to the cheapest rate I can get because they give me a discount on my rate every time I refer somebody, but now I just get a gift card. They can't reduce my rate anymore.

My only negativity of it is since we switched over to the chip reading and it could be across the board, I think that the system is slow to that. It does slow down the process a lot and I don’t know how secure it is considering that the people only have to have the card and they don’t have to enter anything. Sometimes I feel that this magnetic strip was safer. But other than that, it's perfect.

Kyle,

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I sent a cease and desist letter in January of 2016, which turned out needed to be signed by myself instead of the practice owner, which I re-sent later that month. I have now sent the letter in January, February, May, and August and continue to have fees taken out of my account, to date $513.38. I want this resolved and reversed immediately!

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Steve! We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to provide you with excellent customer service with your merchant account!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

Blue Dog Business Services was cheaper than other companies so we went with them. We've been using them for three years. They do our processing and their people have always been really helpful. I would recommend Blue Dog to others.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Peter,

I'm glad that we were able to resolve your issue. We value your business and want to say thank you for being a part of our Blue Dog Family.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I don't understand your overreaction to my putting a purchase from one of my best customer on his credit card. You gave me a credit limit of $500.00. Really? What kind of business do you think I'm running, a 5 and dime candy store?

Blue Dog Business Services

Great feedback Yuan! We strive to make the application process as easy and stress-free as possible so I'm glad we were able to do that for you.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

My friend told me that Blue Dog's rate is pretty good. Their application process was easy and they're charging less fees than the company I had before. I use them for credit card processing but their credit card process machine is an expensive device. Right now, I have to pay the lease for the device every month as I don't have the money to purchase it.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you, David! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! W're happy to hear we are able to provide the best merchant service experience for you.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

We appreciate Mack ** and Blue Dog Business Services for working tirelessly to solve difficult business situations with a merchant account solution that truly works for all parties.

Resolution response: Oct. 17, 2016

Since my initial review, Blue Dog reached out to me in an attempt to resolve my frustrations. I have to say, I sincerely appreciated the effort. Some might say "too little, too late," but they made an attempt to correct my issues. First and foremost, my processing fees were refunded. This rectified some of the frustration I experienced with the temperamental swiper I was supposed to use. The rep attempted to win my business back and expressed remorse for the situation I experienced. She felt that a terminal would better suit my needs - which I agree - and admitted that this should have been suggested by the rep in the very beginning.

All in all, my feelings regarding the experience are neutral. I believe that, for my purposes, their services are more than I require for my current small business operation. I appreciate and respect their actions to resolve the issues I experienced.

Blue Dog Business Services

We are glad that we were able to solve this issue for you. Again we sincerely apologize for all the trouble. We strive to provide excellent customer service and we are glad that in the end we were able to follow through on that promise.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I decided to try Blue Dog after a good sales pitch by some friendly reps. My prior merchant service was Square. The setup process was more intensive with Blue Dog than it had been with Square. Perhaps Blue Dog's rates per transaction are less than Square, but all the extra fees and expenses make Blue Dog more expensive than Square. It frustrated me that Blue Dog didn't provide a breakdown of its fees. And despite being told there was an "optional" fee, my request to remove it was never processed. On top of the fact that Blue Dog cost me more than my prior merchant services processor, the swiper they sent me was extremely temperamental and failed to function the majority of the time. I ended up having to revert to using Square, which completely undermined the whole purpose of switching to Blue Dog. I even purchased a new device in an attempt to get the swiper to work, to no avail.

All in all, my experience was very frustrating and expensive. To be fair, the staff at Blue Dog were pleasant and friendly. I felt like they attempted to help me, but my issues were beyond their control/capability to fix/address. I would NOT recommend Blue Dog due to their high cost of processing and the technology issues I experienced with the swiper.

Blue Dog Business Services

Paul, I'm happy that we were able to get your issue resolved and your doing great. We're here to assist and make things easier and we do appreciate the opportunity to make things better for you. If you need anything in the future please don't hesitate to contact us at the corporate office and we'll be happy to assist.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Still unable to use the chip feature. Why did I have this installed if it can't be used for what it was intended. We have called a few times and just been given the run around. Will wait for my obligation to be fulfilled and change to someone else. I put a note on my counter at the register where people come up to pay to warn them if they are a merchant and considering a change to their credit card processing not to use Blue Dog.

Blue Dog Business Services

Great feedback, Jeff! We genuinely appreciate it and we're glad to hear that you're happy with your merchant services!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Our Blue Dog agent has always gone above and beyond to answer any questions we may have or issues that come up, and is always quick to respond or act, if necessary.

Blue Dog Business Services

Meagan, we're delighted to read your feedback about Blue Dog. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the perfect customer experience for each and every customer.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Any time there are any updates with the company I am notified immediately. Anytime myself or my staff have any questions the response is very fast and very effective. So happy with this company!

Blue Dog Business Services

We appreciate your feedback, Danny! We aim to provide the best merchant services for our customers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Blue Dog Business Services has been our Merchant Services Provider for many years now and has helped with our foundation's needs when it comes to online donations, online payments for products and for registration at our events and fundraisers. We highly recommend Blue Dog Business Services to all our friends and business owners.

Blue Dog Business Services

Tom, thank you for taking the time to share your merchant services experience with others. We're happy that you're enjoying being a Blue Dog client.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Blue Dog was firearm friendly for our business, which is always a concern. We've linked them into our web sales so that our customers can process directly through there. Our internet sales are starting to creep up, so it was a good opportunity for us to change from Global Check. We use those for our regular credit card processing. Also, we have a high expenses having our online sales through TSYS so it was also a good opportunity for us to get with Blue Dog that's a little bit more friendly in our environment and where we could save money. It seemed to be easy overall with them and their team was very friendly and willing to assist and help.

Blue Dog Business Services Company Profile