toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you for your feedback, Jose! We apologize for difficulty during set up. We are always striving to improve our technical processes.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Blue Dog Business Services offered better pricing. The percentages and swipe fees would save us a little money compared to what we had. Signing up was a breeze, but we had to deal with technical issues and things didn't happen as fast as we needed them to. It was a little rough transitioning and it took some time. Unfortunately, it was right in the middle of the busy holiday shopping but we're all good now. Customer service was a little lacking at the beginning, but they were more than helpful and nice. They did try their best, though they have to do a little better next time.

We got Blue Dog's credit card machine for the counter which we've had for 3 months now. We used to have another one from Bank of America but Blue Dog's is good. It's not very pretty, though. It can still be blue for the branding but it needs to be less blue since it's the only thing bright blue on my counter. At any rate, their technical support or customer service have been great.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Jerry! We are glad we were able to provide you with a more competitive rate.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Somebody from Blue Dog called me and I went with them since they've quoted a better rate. I got a credit card processing service, the type where I can accept credit cards but it's on the apps and not with a card reader that wouldn't work on my device. Everything worked fine with their reps so far. Since having it last month, I've used it one time and it's been fine.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks for the feedback, Carol! We are very happy that you've enjoyed being a Blue Dog customer.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The provider that we used before had been telling us for over a year that they were going to get us compliant with the law on accepting tipped cards. They haven't done it yet and we switched to Blue Dog. Their fees are lower and I like that if I settle my batch by 5:30, the funds are deposited the next day instead of having to wait two or three days. Also, when we got the machine, we had to get it set up by their techs and that took less than two minutes. It's only been about a couple of weeks since we started using them and so far, so good.

Blue Dog Business Services

We appreciate your feedback Carmen. We are always looking for ways to improve our processes.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Somebody called us and told us that Blue Dog has this credit card machine which was free and only a percentage will be charged every time we did a transaction on it. But we found out later that there was a monthly fee that has to be paid and we aren't very happy about that because we were lied to. We talked to them about it and they said that that was not true and there was nothing they can do about it. Basically we paid for the machine but we do very little transactions with it. Overall, some things that they have are good and we would recommend them to other people but the credit card machine we would not.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Dog Business Services?

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Beth! We appreciate your feedback and we are always working on improving our tech support. Your insight is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

We've worked with Blue Dog's customer service and the only thing that's different between their system and the system we used to have is that before, we had a tech that would come out and do our troubleshooting if we had a problem. At Blue Dog, we have to call in and go through their office then the office goes through a helpline and the helpline has to download and do all these things before we can get something resolved. And during the first couple of days of using it, we had to get some kinks worked out and the system modified. But other than that, I use it on a daily basis and it's been fine. We definitely recommend it.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks for the positive feedback Tina! We work very hard on our technical support process!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Blue Dog called me and they were gonna be half the price of what I was paying with AmeriBanc. They emailed me the application and I signed everything and sent it back to them by email. There was a section on the application that said we run all of our credit cards by swiping and I told them that was incorrect and they needed to change it. We did 40% by typing it in and 60% by swiping. When I got the paperwork back, it still said that I did 100% swiping so I had to call them back to ask them to change that. The girl that I talked to did not have a very good customer service orientation. She wasn't very helpful. I liked the technical support during the installation though. The salesperson was also really good except for the changing of the information that I needed changed. And I'm not sure they have changed it because I don't know where I would look to check if they did.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Bryant! We are so glad you took the chance and became a Blue Dog customer. We always work very hard to provide excellent customer service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Blue Dog contacted me and offered me a better rate than the credit card processor I had. It took me a while to get around and do anything about it. They started about six months ago contacting me. It was kind of, “Well, what have I got to lose by sending them a copy of my last statement? If they can beat it, fine. If they can’t, fine." It was easy to apply. I talked with the sales guy and he emailed me an application to fill out, I filled it out and sent it back, then they traded machines with me. Everybody was helpful and friendly, but when the machine came, it was improperly programmed. It was programmed for internet use – connected to the computer and internet use, as opposed to a connection to a phone line and phone use. But it wasn’t a big deal because the lady knew right away and called me. She walked me through reprogramming it for my intended use and it worked fine.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Chris! We are very glad you switched your merchant service provider over to us.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I wasn’t happy with the merchant service provider I had at the time when they contacted me as far as their customer service, so I decided to change to Blue Dog. One time the machine wasn’t working and there wasn’t much that Blue Dog could do about it on their end. It was something on our end with the modem but they seemed knowledgeable.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks for the feedback Robert! We're glad that the set up process could be so pain-free!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I have a friend who works for Blue Dog and who I did a favor. I got the credit card swiper and my friend came over with another guy and I signed some paperwork. Then I had someone call me a little bit later and I did the online. I downloaded the app and the sales quickly ran me through on how the app worked. It was easy. She was nice and it’s really good. I haven't used the product yet nor the app because the amount of shows I do is very little.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Virginia! We always appreciate wonderful feedback!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Blue Dog came to my office and gave me a proposal. It looked good and I accepted it. They work exactly the same way as how our previous provider works but Blue Dog's fees are better. I would recommend them.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Bob! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Blue Dog was the first company of their type to call me that said they could sync with QuickBooks. I got them for credit card processing. I used Intuit before, and they build into QuickBooks to be as seamless as it could be. So getting set up with Intuit was certainly easier than it was with Blue Dog, but that's just part and parcel of how they do things. Based on my recollection, the application process with Blue Dog is a lot more thorough than it was with Intuit as there was a lot more we had to go through. The reps helped set up my account and got some things configured. There are still some things that are hanging out there, that we could've used a little more hand-holding on to get everything configured. It seemed like once they got the account set up and I was starting to process that, my emails suddenly didn't get returned, but overall, they're not bad.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Jose! We appreciate feedback so we can further improve our customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I chose Blue Dog because they were able to do the processing for me versus what I was already doing. I spoke with the salesperson and I was sent rates. We talked about them and then they went over everything. They got good rates and fees. They got all our information including banking info and all other standard information, and let us know when the service was going to be available. It took about four days and then they called me to tell everything's been set up. We set it up with Authorize.Net.

Once they set up the account, we had the customer service call us and give us information. Now if we have any questions, we give them a call. The whole experience was pretty cut-and-dried. However, I originally had the Shopify payment processing and it shows me everyday X amount of money that’s going to be deposited from the orders. I lost that when I went with Authorize.Net. I was told it would show but it doesn’t show on my dashboard anymore. So now I don't know what's being deposited every day and what’s coming up. It’d be nice if they would have instead said, "No. It doesn’t map in there."

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Lori,

Thank you for your review submission and informing us as to your issue. I am sorry that you had to deal with this and the time that has passed to have this issue followed up.

I want to assure you that Blue Dog and our partners are willing to assist and support you with any charge-back issues you encounter. Unfortunately these issues arise from the customer and the services and products provided, and therefore it becomes an issue with your customers bank and VISA/MC/DIS and our bank. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Our business was opening so we needed to get a credit card company and Blue Dog was local so we chose to go with them. We have online payments through a website with them now and also received a swipe cell phone which was originally set up but we've since canceled that. They have courteous reps but it takes an extremely long time to get a resolution. We had an issue where a customer had processed the payment online and it took seven days to get an answer back from Blue Dog on what was going on. It's a chargeback situation. I'm still working through it and it's from September.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Dec. 1, 2016

Turns out that there was a mistake made in some comments and everything was resolved. Andrew sent this response today. 12-01-2016

I just got off the phone with FAPS and they are going to refund the final $495 to your account. This takes up to 14 days to see credited. All other fees were already credited back to your account and you should have noticed those or will shortly. The calls are recorded for quality and training purposes and we were able to reference it for further clarification. Thank you for your patience and I hope this resolves all issues we’ve discussed. Should there be anything else please let me know.

George,

I'm glad that we were able to come to a conclusion with the reimbursement of the fees to your account. Hope the best for you and your business as you open in the near future.

George,

Thank you for your submission, a member from our team will follow up with your request shortly.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I was told by Josh ** that there was not a contract and that I could lock in the rates of today so that when my business opens next year I wouldn't have to worry about processing rates going up. I was told my account would be put on hold till I decided at time of opening the business. I don't have equipment nor have the business open and they charged me for two months of service at $46.50 per month and a cancellation fee of $495.00 two times for a total of 1083.00. The reason I cancelled is because the POS system I chose has a processing company built in and makes it much easier. When I spoke with Josh ** and Andrew ** they didn't care. They were not willing to help.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Tracy! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are always striving to be helpful and provide excellent service!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

We have been using Blue Dog Business Services since 2014. We purchased their credit card processing and we use iPads to do that. Their application process was very easy and their reps have always been very helpful and I haven’t had any issues. Overall, they have great service.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Fred! We are glad that you installation was stress free! We work very hard to maintain excellent customer service.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

I purchased my credit card machines from Blue Dog. I've been with them for two months now, and so far they’ve been excellent. The application process was really good. When I was setting up my machines, I had to cut it short because I had people come in. The lady was professional, called me back about an hour later and we got right through it and I've set everything up and it was very good.

Lisa,

Thank you for your submission. A member of our team will respond to your submission as soon as possible to assist in a resolution.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

When Lewis and I were being required to switch over to the new cell credit card machine, Blue Dog had a salesman come into my office. Obviously, I was being bombarded at the time but the salesperson was personable. I like everything that they had to say and that Blue Dog was a local bank. Their fees at the time were lower than what I was currently paying. They offered to get me out of my current contract because there's a cancellation fee. And I decided to make a switch because I wasn't happy with my current processor.

The application itself was fairly straightforward, however, I'm miserable with Blue Dog. I had a customer buy a card out of credit card, and it went through my machine. They refused to pay it, and I was charged the processing fee. Then, they said I had a $3,000 a day limit. So, I processed that transaction into smaller limits. Then they said, "No. It's at $3,000 per person limit." And they only released the funds they had charged with the agreement that I was not allowed to take payment from this person for another 180 days. So, it was either I agree to not do business with this customer anymore for 180 days or they were not going to release my funds, and I was charged the fees for both transactions. So I'm completely dissatisfied with them and actively looking to switch out of them.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks a lot Carmen! We strive to make the application process as pain free as possible. We look forward to many more years of partnership!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

It was easy to apply with Blue Dog Business Services and I've been with them for a little over two years now. I have their services where I go and run the credit cards online. I love their sales and customer team. It's been awesome.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Eric! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to a long-term positive relationship!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Blue Dog is located in a town in Florida where I also have a place. I'm very new with them but they are great to work with and they save us a little money. Getting everything set up and running was a smooth process. The people there are fabulous especially Molly who did a real good job in helping me out.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks a bunch Lisa! We work very hard to make sure your transition always goes smoothly. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I liked that Blue Dog was local and their rates were better. The application was very easy. John, the rep, was very nice and helpful. He walked me right through it and we were up and going within two or three days. I have been using their credit card processor for about two years now. It's a lot better than the POS system I used before. I call Blue Dog customer service for paper refills although there was one time I called because their system went down and the money didn't drop in the next day. They've always been very helpful. Everything has been good.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you so much Melanie! We strive for excellent customer service and an enjoyable application process. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

Blue Dog has been a good experience. They approached us and we availed of their credit card processor - applying for it was easy. Their sales and customer service teams have been helpful whenever I've called them. They're just down the street, too, so if we have a pressing problem, they usually come right over for us.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Heather for your great feedback! I'm glad we could make your experience a positive one. We are always looking for different ways to help our customers.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

I worked with Joshua **. He was very professional, informative, answered my many questions and phone calls. Also it took us about 30 days from time of quote to finalizing and he was always very responsive. He also forwarded me to another person in your organization for another quote on another part of the business.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Tony! Our goals are always to provide a low cost merchant service to all of our customers in addition to excellent customer service.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I bid out my merchant services to three companies. Blue Dog was the best priced and had the most up to date technology. Blue Dog installed on time and everything has worked as promised.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Oct. 19, 2016

Blue Dog went above and beyond to make things right. Not only with a one-time resolution but with a lower rate going forward. With this, I'm more than happy to continue being a customer going forward.

Blue Dog Business Services

We're thrilled that we were able to solve the issues for you Michael! We strive to provide excellent customer service and we're glad that we could follow through with that promise.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2016

Because I use a Miva Merchant shopping cart it took 2 Months waiting to integrate Blue Dog's processing into my site (got billed for those 2 months even though my account wasn't working). Blue Dog has Assured me that they could easily work with Miva Merchant. Then the second problem: it took over a week figure out an issue involving taking Military Credit Cards and my SIC code.

What is most upsetting is that I anticipated both of the above as possible problems and I mentioned to Blue Dog BEFORE signing up, at which time they assured me that they wouldn't be problems. The third problem came a little over a month after getting their processing on our site: we noticed that the site had been rejecting all attempted transactions with American Express; no idea how many sales that cost us! Nothing we did wrong, 100% Blue Dog's fault.

I've asked Blue Dog for some sort of credit for all these problems (and the time it's cost me and lots sales from the Amex problem), but have yet to hear back. Now, only sticking with Blue Dog only because changing back to my previous company (or another one), would be a hassle, and that I've already invested a lot of time and headache to resolve these issues. I hope and pray that these are the last of them.

Denise,

Thank you for your submission, a member from our team will follow up with you shortly to assist.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

When we opened the account we were promised next day funding or we wouldn't have switched processors. Also we have been charged by two merchant companies because the lease paper I gave to the rep. was not sent to the merchant processor. We have been trying to fix this since July. I leave messages and do not hear back.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks, Josh! We both understand the value of a referral and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll let Brad and Molly know about your kind words!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I went with Blue Dog Business Services because of convenience and they are right down the road from me. They do my credit card processing and my gift cards. They also put my cellphone on first pay. They are way better than my past merchant service provider. I really like the customer service and the rates of Blue Dog are definitely comparable. Their reps Brad and Molly were good. They're really quick responding and don’t ever mess around. They put me first priority when I called and they’ve always taken care of me. I've referred enough customers that I'm down to the cheapest rate I can get because they give me a discount on my rate every time I refer somebody, but now I just get a gift card. They can't reduce my rate anymore.

My only negativity of it is since we switched over to the chip reading and it could be across the board, I think that the system is slow to that. It does slow down the process a lot and I don’t know how secure it is considering that the people only have to have the card and they don’t have to enter anything. Sometimes I feel that this magnetic strip was safer. But other than that, it's perfect.

Kyle,

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I sent a cease and desist letter in January of 2016, which turned out needed to be signed by myself instead of the practice owner, which I re-sent later that month. I have now sent the letter in January, February, May, and August and continue to have fees taken out of my account, to date $513.38. I want this resolved and reversed immediately!

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Steve! We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to provide you with excellent customer service with your merchant account!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

Blue Dog Business Services was cheaper than other companies so we went with them. We've been using them for three years. They do our processing and their people have always been really helpful. I would recommend Blue Dog to others.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Peter,

I'm glad that we were able to resolve your issue. We value your business and want to say thank you for being a part of our Blue Dog Family.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

I don't understand your overreaction to my putting a purchase from one of my best customer on his credit card. You gave me a credit limit of $500.00. Really? What kind of business do you think I'm running, a 5 and dime candy store?

Blue Dog Business Services Company Profile