Blue Dog Business Services
3.80/5

Need credit card processing?

Blue Dog Business Services

Blue Dog Business Services (BlueDog) is more than a payment processor. We aim to be the best friend to your business. Our name comes from the blue stuffed dog our CEO's son relied on when things got tough. That's the relationship BlueDog wants with our customers. To be an advisor, someone to rely on in your most desperate time of need. Your company’s best friend.

Need credit card processing?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Blue Dog Business Services Reviews

Resolution response: Nov. 7, 2019

I had a bad experience with CC processing at Blue Dog, but Jonathan went above and beyond to take care of my situation. He explained my situation to the powers that be and got the cancellation fee waived. Thanks Jonathan.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

They started off by committing coercion by insisting that I deliver my product to the customer first before they would release the funds to me! Can you imagine ordering something online and paying for it after you receive it? They made me wait months to get paid because they thought that is the way I should run my business. They left such a bad taste in my mouth that I decided to stop taking credit cards online. Then they stole $495 from me for early termination fee!!! Stay very far away from this thieving company.

Blue Dog Business Services response

We're very sorry to see this review and apologize if you had an issue with our service. I believe there is a clear misunderstanding about accepting credit cards that we'd like the opportunity to discuss with you. I am able to see an account and there appears to be a misunderstanding with the fees. We'll call you first thing in the morning to resolve any outstanding issues.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Their service is excellent. HOWEVER, I was paying over $80.00 a month for all the years I was with them just for the privilege of doing business with them. PLUS the additional % fee for each transaction. Then the WORST! When I canceled their services they charged me a #495.00 Termination fee. Better check the fine print. I canceled in September and YES, It's October and guess what? Yes, another $66.95 charge??? For What! NO SERVICES WERE PROVIDED! I'M now using Intuit, QuickBooks Online. I am only charged a % fee for each transaction, NO MONTHLY FEE WHATSOEVER! I have been throwing away almost $1,000.00 a year for several years to these guys! WOW! Was I stupid or what?

Ron ** Global American Enterprises Inc. Vero, Beach Florida

Blue Dog Business Services response

Thank you for leaving a review. We're thrilled to hear that you like our service, but disappointed that the fee structure didn't work for you. We have many programs including no fee programs. It's possible we just need to move you to a different program and can work with you to find the best solution. If you still want to close, we can work with you on that too, because we certainly don't want to have you paying more with us and can work through the closure. Thanks again

Get expert buying tips about Credit Card Processing delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Blue Dog seemed like a good company to do business with. I signed up to use them as an online payment processor. Soon I discovered additional fees in excess of $45 I was being charged by "First View" (i.e., Blue Dog). The charges showed up in my account as Gateway Payment Services. It took some work to figure out what was going on. The initial fees that I agreed to were only for the Authorize.net account they signed me up for. These new First View fees were from Blue Dog and I never agreed to these fees. They are very sneaky about the way they do business. I decided to close my account and request a refund. They then told me I would be charged a $495 early cancellation fee! After much discussion, they waived the ridiculous fee and refunded my charges.

However, I soon got another charge from them so I was back on the phone again. Despite having closed my account TWICE I was just charged AGAIN for the month of August (a full $45 again) and they refuse to reply to my emails now. My advice? Stay far away from Blue Dog Business Services unless you like having money stolen from your account and being threatened with astronomical fees.

Blue Dog Business Services response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. While we always strive for a 5-star review, we do value anything less as it gives us a chance to either fix an issue we are unaware of or learn from something, so we can do better in the future. I was not able to find an account with us (current or past) from the name or email used in this review. If you can email support@bluedog.co with your account name we can immediately look into the issue and resolve your concerns.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: July 10, 2019

We started working with Blue Dog when we opened our small business 4 years ago. Credit cards were processed appropriately and their bills were deducted from our checking account like clockwork. (I would give them 3 stars for this service.) This year we found a different merchant services provider who 1) does great education about fees. 2) Sends a monthly paper summary with all fees explicitly detailed. 3) Has easy to contact phone support. 4) Saves us about $600 dollars on fees per year on top of the superior service. So we canceled Blue Dog (we thought--but they have auto-renew contracts). I learned today if we break the contract we get hit with a $495 early cancellation fee now or if we wait 'til our auto-renewal date we will pay $467 dollars in our monthly "service" fees (they are doing nothing for us now, just taking our money). All this fine print is frustrating for a small business owner.

Blue Dog Business Services response

We'd like to thank you for 4 years or service and appreciate your business. Regarding closing your account, what you're referencing is not the norm. We can't locate an account w/ the email used for this review. Please email us and we'll immediately look at your account and reach out to you for a quick resolution. Regarding support and statements, we'd love your feedback when we speak, because we put our support number on the statement, on our site and other places (we're 24/7/365)

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

The cash discount program from Blue Dog helps small business like mine, Barbershop Salon cut my fees to virtually nothing. Instead of going cash-only this alternative saves my clients time and fees from going to an ATM machine and is a win-win for both me and my clients.

Blue Dog Business Services response

Thank you for the review and we're so glad we could help your business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueDog?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

When I first started with Blue Dog everything was wonderful. The got my account setup explained everything and I was off to the races. 1 year goes by. My business is small and sometimes it's feast or famine, well specifically in Dec 2018 I was waiting on a payment from the Gov for a contract I was awarded by them. Well as you know Dec 2018 the Gov shut down. I waited 5 weeks for this payment. Finally, the individual in charge of paying me called and said, "Alright your payment has been released. Process my credit card." So, what did I do? I keyed in the charge hit process and everything was good. Until! The next day I received a phone call from them saying that they were reversing my payment since it was not firearm related. Of course, to my surprise! My business is very broad in all the products I sell and produce in my shop.

According to the account managers, no business can sell more than one type of product, in their words "that's not how it works." I ask, what is there I can do, I've been waiting for this payment, I have Bills to pay, I'd like this to no longer be delayed. They tell me, "Send us the invoice with the customer's info, we'll call them, confirm and you'll be good to go!" I say, "Ok, of course." At this point I had used some pretty vulgar language because they are literally trying to take money out if my pocket because of some ** that no business can sell multiple products. Well, my customer confirms the purchase, and I get a call back.

When I started talking to them all of the sudden, it has nothing to do with products anymore, now they will not fund the account because my business is too small and I don't keep enough money in my business account, so allowing me to get paid is apparently doing bad business for them. Obviously I'm furious at this point, but to no avail my payment was reversed and I will never use their service again. P.S. I'm not sure how small businesses grow if they can't make big sales to support growth? Weird concept.

Blue Dog Business Services response

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We strive hard to help our customer's process payments as effectively and safely as possible while being very mindful to costs. This situation sounds like something that can be resolved, however, when we set up an account there is a business type and if something is drastically different it could cause problems. Please email us and we can help resolve the issue.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

After getting strung along by another company, I reached out to Blue Dog because they approached me shortly after I'd gotten set up with Merchant One. My conversations with them were pleasant and very helpful. When I came back to them for help as a new customer, they made the process very painless and relatively quick. The only reason I didn't go with a full 5 stars is because their underwriting is reluctant to ok a larger transaction amount that's needed for what we sell. That's currently under review and Brandy ** is trying to get that resolved. Overall, in as much as I'm a new customer with them, I strongly recommend Blue Dog.

Blue Dog Business Services response

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your business and are here for you 24/7. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

From the very start of my relationship with Blue Dog, I was treated like a person that had been doing business with them for 20 years. Always treated with great respect and each time I had a question, all I had to do was pick up a phone and call Rick **. Any time I reached out to Rick, my issue was at the top of his to-do list. When I had to close the doors to my business, Blue Dog understood my situation and let me close my account even though my agreement terms was not fulfilled on my part.

Blue Dog Business Services response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We'll be sure to pass on the kind words to the team. Thanks again!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Good company for small businesses. Cheap rates and good service. We've used companies in the past and all the promises were never kept. It's refreshing to have a company actually care about customer service.

Blue Dog Business Services response

Thanks for the kind words and taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your business and time.

Resolution response: Oct. 17, 2018

The director resolved my issue, thank you Andrew.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Do not use Blue Dog Business Services for your credit card processing. Do not believe their salesman or their promises to "earn your business". Do not believe 5-star reviews on this site. As other reviewers have stated, their salesman will lie to you -- quote you a price and not honor it. I was quoted 14.95 per month for all the fees by their salesman for one of my accounts, which simply was not true. The contract was presented a different amount, my salesman promised to change it and then didn't. Then he didn't respond to my emails or voicemails. Prior to signing the contract he was calling me on a near daily basis. Blue Dog did not disclose all the fees and third-party fees involved - after having their services for about 4 months I am now out well in excess of $800, between the third party, PCI, and early termination fees I was never made aware of.

I am going to make it my mission to contact every regulatory body, the CFPB, every service review site, and any third party endorsing Blue Dog to help stop this business from victimizing people as it is obvious they employ predatory business practices and these are not isolated customer service issues. Blue Dog has zero integrity; they even offered to take $200 off my early termination fee if I would write a review on this site stating I had an "excellent" experience. Sorry Blue Dog, I'll pay the money and keep my integrity intact. Hopefully hundreds of potential customers read this review and steer clear of you.

Blue Dog Business Services response

I am very sorry to see this review and the feeling you've had doing business with us. If we are known for one thing it would be the fact that we will do anything to make our customers happy. Clearly we've not delivered this to you and that is disappointing to find out. I am having a hard time locating an account attached to this email, can you email support@blue-dog.com and we'll reach out to you today to find out what went wrong and what we can do to fix it. Again, very sorry to read this.

BlueDog expert review by Beverly Harzog

Blue Dog Business Services was founded in 2010 to help make complex business products simpler. With comprehensive, easy ways to handle payment processing, Blue Dog puts customer service at the heart of its business model.

• No need for a middleman: Blue Dog works directly with the consumer to deliver comprehensive, transparent statements.

• Next day funding: Blue Dog’s processing solutions offer next day funding on all card types.

• Mobile solutions: Blue Dog offers mobile solutions, so vendors can take payments from anywhere. Their card swipers and signature software work with many different phone types.

• Analytics: Blue Dog Reporting and Blue Dog Insights allows consumers to monitor their merchant statements and view their business analytics respectively.

• Emphasis on customer service: Blue Dog has built its reputation on customer service. With an emphasis on local, regional and national support, Blue Dog remains committed to customer support at all hours.

• Best for: small businesses and mobile businesses.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
      Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Blue Dog Business Services Company Information