toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Jann! We are glad the application process went so well. We work very hard to provide excellent customer service.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I was approached by a Blue Dog sales person at the office. They had better rates and they were local, so we went with them. We filled out the application, talked to our service rep and we worked together. It was very fast, and we took care of it. The only thing is that I told them we’re not going to process anything for more than $5,000, and at that time, I didn’t realize that we would have transcripts that could be upward of $18,000. So, I processed a payment for over $5,000. They then called me, and they put a hold on it until I got all kinds of information. They asked me what it is, who is it, and why I did it. And when I gave them all the information, everything went fine and they pushed it through.

We've been using Blue Dog's e-commerce service for more than two years now. I only go on the Internet and go e-merchant and put in credit cards. We’re a court reporting agency so no one comes in with their card to pay. I’m very happy with Blue Dog and they are better than the one we had before. I got a phone call once from the woman who was not very nice, but other than that, we haven’t had any problems at all. We're very satisfied with our experience.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Karen! We are always happy to save our customer money! Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

We were using another processor with tiered pricing and it was crazy what we were paying. After a lot of research I decided to go with an interchange plus plan. After speaking to several vendors, I decided to go with Blue Dog. They were extremely open and worked out a nice plan with me. The only thing I don't like about it is the yearly charge for PCI compliance when it is easy to register yourself. Other than that, our fees have been cut nearly in half. We are very happy.

John,

Thank you for your feedback and I do apologies that you have experienced some difficulties. I will have a representative from our support team give you a call to discuss your concern so that we can get you in a better position.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

We've been using our Blue Dog credit card processor for two years now. The machine’s good, and when we were signing up, the salesman that I dealt with was wonderful. He told me everything. They won’t give me free paper though, so now I have to order. Also, the numbers keep jumping and I don’t recommend Blue Dog because of that. They need to fix the numbers, otherwise I’m leaving because my contract’s finished.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you so much Ronette! We love saving our customers money as well as providing top-tier support. Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

We've been using Blue Dog products for a year and a half. We got our merchant credit card processor from them. We've used different merchant service providers before, and Blue Dog was way better because they keep in contact and give me statistics. They also give me savings every month, and I like saving money. Their services are considerably cheaper, compared with what we were paying previously. It's been good with the sales and customer service reps. They were friendly and helpful, and answered all my questions.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you so much Christopher. We are happy you've enjoyed our service and support. We look forward to many more years working together!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Blue Dog has been very responsive and quick to help and solve any problems we've had. They have kept us up to date with their monthly newsletter. Tech support is very knowledgeable and pleasure to work with. I've always had a reliable person answer the telephone when I have called.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Dog?

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Vinny! We work very hard to make sure our customer support and swift and efficient. We appreciate the positive feedback!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Called Blue Dog rep (Jonathan **). Informed him that credit card imprinter needed time change. No more than 30 min later it was handled. Merchant center said it would take more than 1 hour to get done and it would be best to do after closing.

Marlene,

My apologies for the experience that you have had with our company. I will have a member of our team review your account for further discussions. Its never the intent of our company to make things difficult, so again my apologies.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

When I chose your company for credit card service, I was upfront about most of the money coming in during certain months of the year. When that time came, you put a limit on how much money I could charge during the month putting my business in jeopardy. Luckily, I found another company with much better service.

Gyan,

My apologies for the time and experience that you have had with our company. I will be reviewing your account to continue this discussion further. I do apologies that your experience was not pleasant, but again will get back to you shortly.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I signed up for the credit card processing about 3 years ago or so. Your representative Chirs **, phone # at the time **, gave me the whole song and dance about how your company provides the best service at the best rates and I believed him. I explained that I don't process credit cards often and he said don't worry, I'll only get charged when I use the service (it said no monthly charges in the contract as well). The first 3 months I did not use the service or process any cards AT ALL but yet was still billed for different amounts each month! It ranged from upper $20 to upper $30 (I cannot remember the exact #s because it was a few years ago but I'm sure the info is in your records). After numerous times of contacting Chris, he finally picked up and promised me, a full refund and told him to cancel the service because I was CLEARLY dissatisfied with the service and your representative.

I waited months for my refund that I was promised and never got it. I contacted him numerous times and he just ignored my calls and messages. The service was canceled but never got my refund. So I paid Blue Dog almost $100 for NOTHING AT ALL and your rep Chris ** got his commission and kicked his customer to the curb. As a business owner, people ask me who do I recommend for credit card processing all the time. I make sure I tell them anyone BUT BLUE DOG. I know for a fact that no one from Blue Dog will contact me and make this right so I'll just continue to warn my fellow business owners to stay far away from your company and "services you offer".

Dustin,

I'm sorry that you have had the experience that you have had. Let me look at your account and get back to you on this.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Very poor service, charged me much more than other companies. When tried to cancel, charged me a huge cancellation fee, because we cancelled via phone, not a letter, which no one told me about. Evey time I tried to call them on the phone, I was unable to get good explanations for bills. They told me I signed a 3 yr contact, the rep told me it was a 1 year contract, then no one could find the paperwork. Was not happy.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you very much Brian! We are happy to hear the setup processes was pain-free and the transition went well!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

We've been using a Blue Dog product for a couple of years now. The salesman came in and gave me a really good rate, and we got a credit card processor from them. The application process wasn't that hard. All in all, we had a good, easy experience with Blue Dog.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Tammy! We are glad the past two years processing together have gone so well. I work very hard to keep our customers happy!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

For two years now, we've been using a credit card processor from Blue Dog. We used a different merchant service provider before, and we like Blue Dog better. A representative from Blue Dog came here to the office and took care of doing all the paperwork. Then she hooked up with the people to do the online processing. I still call Blue Dog's representatives if I have any issues and I get an immediate return call back and an answer to my question as soon as they can. My overall experience has been been wonderful.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you for the feedback Amanda! We are always working hard on improving our customer service. Thanks for your insight!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I've been using Blue Dog's service for a year now for our credit card processing and it's been a good service. It's sometimes hard to get a hold of the right people, but the representatives eventually figure out the answer to my problem. The service with my previous provider was a little better, but the prices were higher.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks, Rexanne! We are so glad that we were able to make the the application process as simple as possible. We appreciate the feedback!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I've gone through a lot of credit card companies and I'm not very happy with any of the carriers so far. The salesperson convinced me to go ahead with Blue Dog after talking to him several times. Their application process was pretty simple. The only thing that upset me was I wanted to see all of the fine print before I signed anything. And then after I signed and got it set up, they sent me pages and pages of fine print. So I had a discussion with the salesman over that. Other than that, my experience has been good so far.

Larry,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with Blue Dog thus far. Our goal is always a smooth transition with every new account, and while that does not always happen whether technical difficulty or not, we do try out best for our customers. I will get to the bottom of this and have a resolution for you very shortly. Again, our apologies.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

My experience with Blue Dog was not very good. They called me on the phone and the rep that I was dealing with told me that I could do things a certain way. Then when it came down to it, I couldn’t do it the way that I wanted to do it. I got the mobile payment where I swipe the card through on my phone. I asked for one swiper and I ended up having to do two swipers and doing it off of two businesses. Also, neither one of the swipers will work on our phones. We have to hand punch them in and it’s a disaster. When I run the card, it shows it was working, and then when I go to use it in a day or two, it’s not working. We tried three times trying to get it activated and going, and after the third time, I just quit. I’m doing very little on the system and if I can’t use them, it’s not worth me having it.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you for your feedback, Jose! We apologize for difficulty during set up. We are always striving to improve our technical processes.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Blue Dog Business Services offered better pricing. The percentages and swipe fees would save us a little money compared to what we had. Signing up was a breeze, but we had to deal with technical issues and things didn't happen as fast as we needed them to. It was a little rough transitioning and it took some time. Unfortunately, it was right in the middle of the busy holiday shopping but we're all good now. Customer service was a little lacking at the beginning, but they were more than helpful and nice. They did try their best, though they have to do a little better next time.

We got Blue Dog's credit card machine for the counter which we've had for 3 months now. We used to have another one from Bank of America but Blue Dog's is good. It's not very pretty, though. It can still be blue for the branding but it needs to be less blue since it's the only thing bright blue on my counter. At any rate, their technical support or customer service have been great.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Jerry! We are glad we were able to provide you with a more competitive rate.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Somebody from Blue Dog called me and I went with them since they've quoted a better rate. I got a credit card processing service, the type where I can accept credit cards but it's on the apps and not with a card reader that wouldn't work on my device. Everything worked fine with their reps so far. Since having it last month, I've used it one time and it's been fine.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks for the feedback, Carol! We are very happy that you've enjoyed being a Blue Dog customer.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The provider that we used before had been telling us for over a year that they were going to get us compliant with the law on accepting tipped cards. They haven't done it yet and we switched to Blue Dog. Their fees are lower and I like that if I settle my batch by 5:30, the funds are deposited the next day instead of having to wait two or three days. Also, when we got the machine, we had to get it set up by their techs and that took less than two minutes. It's only been about a couple of weeks since we started using them and so far, so good.

Blue Dog Business Services

We appreciate your feedback Carmen. We are always looking for ways to improve our processes.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Somebody called us and told us that Blue Dog has this credit card machine which was free and only a percentage will be charged every time we did a transaction on it. But we found out later that there was a monthly fee that has to be paid and we aren't very happy about that because we were lied to. We talked to them about it and they said that that was not true and there was nothing they can do about it. Basically we paid for the machine but we do very little transactions with it. Overall, some things that they have are good and we would recommend them to other people but the credit card machine we would not.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Beth! We appreciate your feedback and we are always working on improving our tech support. Your insight is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

We've worked with Blue Dog's customer service and the only thing that's different between their system and the system we used to have is that before, we had a tech that would come out and do our troubleshooting if we had a problem. At Blue Dog, we have to call in and go through their office then the office goes through a helpline and the helpline has to download and do all these things before we can get something resolved. And during the first couple of days of using it, we had to get some kinks worked out and the system modified. But other than that, I use it on a daily basis and it's been fine. We definitely recommend it.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks for the positive feedback Tina! We work very hard on our technical support process!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Blue Dog called me and they were gonna be half the price of what I was paying with AmeriBanc. They emailed me the application and I signed everything and sent it back to them by email. There was a section on the application that said we run all of our credit cards by swiping and I told them that was incorrect and they needed to change it. We did 40% by typing it in and 60% by swiping. When I got the paperwork back, it still said that I did 100% swiping so I had to call them back to ask them to change that. The girl that I talked to did not have a very good customer service orientation. She wasn't very helpful. I liked the technical support during the installation though. The salesperson was also really good except for the changing of the information that I needed changed. And I'm not sure they have changed it because I don't know where I would look to check if they did.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Bryant! We are so glad you took the chance and became a Blue Dog customer. We always work very hard to provide excellent customer service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Blue Dog contacted me and offered me a better rate than the credit card processor I had. It took me a while to get around and do anything about it. They started about six months ago contacting me. It was kind of, “Well, what have I got to lose by sending them a copy of my last statement? If they can beat it, fine. If they can’t, fine." It was easy to apply. I talked with the sales guy and he emailed me an application to fill out, I filled it out and sent it back, then they traded machines with me. Everybody was helpful and friendly, but when the machine came, it was improperly programmed. It was programmed for internet use – connected to the computer and internet use, as opposed to a connection to a phone line and phone use. But it wasn’t a big deal because the lady knew right away and called me. She walked me through reprogramming it for my intended use and it worked fine.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Chris! We are very glad you switched your merchant service provider over to us.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

I wasn’t happy with the merchant service provider I had at the time when they contacted me as far as their customer service, so I decided to change to Blue Dog. One time the machine wasn’t working and there wasn’t much that Blue Dog could do about it on their end. It was something on our end with the modem but they seemed knowledgeable.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks for the feedback Robert! We're glad that the set up process could be so pain-free!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I have a friend who works for Blue Dog and who I did a favor. I got the credit card swiper and my friend came over with another guy and I signed some paperwork. Then I had someone call me a little bit later and I did the online. I downloaded the app and the sales quickly ran me through on how the app worked. It was easy. She was nice and it’s really good. I haven't used the product yet nor the app because the amount of shows I do is very little.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Virginia! We always appreciate wonderful feedback!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Blue Dog came to my office and gave me a proposal. It looked good and I accepted it. They work exactly the same way as how our previous provider works but Blue Dog's fees are better. I would recommend them.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Bob! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Blue Dog was the first company of their type to call me that said they could sync with QuickBooks. I got them for credit card processing. I used Intuit before, and they build into QuickBooks to be as seamless as it could be. So getting set up with Intuit was certainly easier than it was with Blue Dog, but that's just part and parcel of how they do things. Based on my recollection, the application process with Blue Dog is a lot more thorough than it was with Intuit as there was a lot more we had to go through. The reps helped set up my account and got some things configured. There are still some things that are hanging out there, that we could've used a little more hand-holding on to get everything configured. It seemed like once they got the account set up and I was starting to process that, my emails suddenly didn't get returned, but overall, they're not bad.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thank you Jose! We appreciate feedback so we can further improve our customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I chose Blue Dog because they were able to do the processing for me versus what I was already doing. I spoke with the salesperson and I was sent rates. We talked about them and then they went over everything. They got good rates and fees. They got all our information including banking info and all other standard information, and let us know when the service was going to be available. It took about four days and then they called me to tell everything's been set up. We set it up with Authorize.Net.

Once they set up the account, we had the customer service call us and give us information. Now if we have any questions, we give them a call. The whole experience was pretty cut-and-dried. However, I originally had the Shopify payment processing and it shows me everyday X amount of money that’s going to be deposited from the orders. I lost that when I went with Authorize.Net. I was told it would show but it doesn’t show on my dashboard anymore. So now I don't know what's being deposited every day and what’s coming up. It’d be nice if they would have instead said, "No. It doesn’t map in there."

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Lori,

Thank you for your review submission and informing us as to your issue. I am sorry that you had to deal with this and the time that has passed to have this issue followed up.

I want to assure you that Blue Dog and our partners are willing to assist and support you with any charge-back issues you encounter. Unfortunately these issues arise from the customer and the services and products provided, and therefore it becomes an issue with your customers bank and VISA/MC/DIS and our bank. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Our business was opening so we needed to get a credit card company and Blue Dog was local so we chose to go with them. We have online payments through a website with them now and also received a swipe cell phone which was originally set up but we've since canceled that. They have courteous reps but it takes an extremely long time to get a resolution. We had an issue where a customer had processed the payment online and it took seven days to get an answer back from Blue Dog on what was going on. It's a chargeback situation. I'm still working through it and it's from September.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Dec. 1, 2016

Turns out that there was a mistake made in some comments and everything was resolved. Andrew sent this response today. 12-01-2016

I just got off the phone with FAPS and they are going to refund the final $495 to your account. This takes up to 14 days to see credited. All other fees were already credited back to your account and you should have noticed those or will shortly. The calls are recorded for quality and training purposes and we were able to reference it for further clarification. Thank you for your patience and I hope this resolves all issues we’ve discussed. Should there be anything else please let me know.

George,

I'm glad that we were able to come to a conclusion with the reimbursement of the fees to your account. Hope the best for you and your business as you open in the near future.

George,

Thank you for your submission, a member from our team will follow up with your request shortly.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I was told by Josh ** that there was not a contract and that I could lock in the rates of today so that when my business opens next year I wouldn't have to worry about processing rates going up. I was told my account would be put on hold till I decided at time of opening the business. I don't have equipment nor have the business open and they charged me for two months of service at $46.50 per month and a cancellation fee of $495.00 two times for a total of 1083.00. The reason I cancelled is because the POS system I chose has a processing company built in and makes it much easier. When I spoke with Josh ** and Andrew ** they didn't care. They were not willing to help.

Blue Dog Business Services

Thanks Tracy! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are always striving to be helpful and provide excellent service!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

We have been using Blue Dog Business Services since 2014. We purchased their credit card processing and we use iPads to do that. Their application process was very easy and their reps have always been very helpful and I haven’t had any issues. Overall, they have great service.

Blue Dog Business Services Company Profile