toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I'm very pleased with BirdDogHR. Its price was the reason we went with them. It works very well for us. We use the software for applicant tracking and talent management as well as their learning management system. Also, it has made compliance a one-stop shop. It streamlined a lot of activities to the web that were formally handled by hand and through Excel spreadsheets. Now, we have one place for all the data.

Their team is exceptional. I have experts at hand to call if I need help. They're always available and very hands on. We call in periodically if there are user issues. Each user, they've been gracious enough to allow to call in if there are internet issues, trouble with how to find something in the system, or amend a program or process.

BirdDogHR is very user-friendly and straightforward. You don't need a manual to figure out how to do something. It doesn't require a whole lot of training to learn it, which is good because we have to train our managers to use it as well. So, from a technical aspect, I like that it's more basic than intermediate and it's pretty intuitive. All in all, BirdDogHR is fantastic and I’m always a good reference for them.

We wanted to consolidate our applicants online and be able to reach out to multiple job boards. Those were the HR concerns that led us to seek assistance from BirdDogHR. When we used their software, all of our applications come through the website and then go directly to the Hiring Manager. They then view all the applications and the ones they want to select for an interview, they take it to the next level. My main contact in BirdDogHR is Todd. I work with him and he's excellent. As far as I call or e-mail, he gets right back with me. What's most impressive is the way he expedites request. We had to revamp our application and we entered a few job-specific questions to our company. Then, when I called and told him this, he got right on it and a couple of times filled the requests quickly.

Working with BirdDogHR has helped us staying in compliance with the EOC and having everything solid and people off the streets walking in. Also, I believe we're getting better candidates. The software is user-friendly as well. But, I don't think our employees are utilizing it to its fullest. They don't really go to it unless they're looking for candidates. Now, whenever anyone calls or come in the door here, we refer them to our website and that saves so much time. You're not tied up with them wanting to sit down, wanting an interview right then, fill out the application, and talk to you. So, it's more time-efficient for me. I would recommend BirdDogHR and let people know how they can customize it to fit your company needs and help them with their process of looking for qualified candidates.

Primarily, we're using BirdDog's recruitment option. They're state-of-the-art when it comes to what they've developed and how easy it is in automation, plus it helps with our entities that have federal contracting requirements. They also were nimble enough to help us work with our eight other entities, and six of those are not federal contractors. They helped set up a system that works for us and were very innovative. So, when we came to them with something different, they didn't say, "Oh, no. We can't do that." They worked with us. There were a few bumps every now and then but we're fine with that.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We needed some help to centralize things and chose BirdDogHR due to the variety of features and price, and their customer service. We use the program to post jobs, receive resumes and then set up interviews and hire people. It has helped us to put more ads out there and gather more resumes and be able to hire more people. It's a good program. It centralizes everything into one response. I contact our client specialist every couple of months, who checks in to see how things are going. But things are self-sufficient at this point. We've set things up and the program runs on its own almost.

I'd definitely recommend BirdDogHR. Three years ago, whenever we were looking, BirdDogHR was the frontrunner so we went with them. Their software is very user-friendly and draws in a lot of applicants. Through it, we post a job, collect resumes and reach out to potential candidates. It's allowed us to hire several people. It's where the future is, online job applications, so we've had good success with it even if we have never done anything like it before.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BirdDogHR?

We were way behind the times and we were collecting paper apps for open positions which weren't efficient. We weren't seeing very many apps that way and pushing it out to local newspapers was costly. We weren't really getting much more as far as the results went. I had plans to work with our HRIS system and use their ATS platform, initially. The best case scenario for us would have been to have an ATS that communicated directly with our HRIS and was in the same system. It would make life a lot easier but the more I looked at it, the functionality wasn't there. I was looking at different options and I was on a budget. And because BirdDogHR was offering a lot of the same stuff that some of the bigger companies were, but at a lot lower price, we decided to choose them.

One of the biggest selling points for me was their customer service. I read a lot of reviews on the customer service aspect and to me, that's huge. I want to be able to call and get an issue resolved immediately. It was more or less a recruiting tool to be able to reach more applicants and manage those applications a lot easier. Between our nine branches that we have spread out, it works to have everything all in one system. Currently, we are only using the Applicant Tracking System. I've looked into some of the other features of it, as far as the Onboarding, but right now, it's not a big pressing issue.

It's been a great tool as far as pushing the jobs out to all the job boards from one place. So, we've seen a very drastic increase in the number of applications that we're receiving per job and a lot higher quality applications. But it comes with its challenges. Having more applications isn't always a good thing. It's added work as far as managing those additional apps. But being able to do it from the system is 10 times easier than maintaining and retaining paper apps and the whole nine yards. So it's drastically improved our recruiting process. The time to hire has drastically reduced and it's helped with retention as well.

Typically, an ATS might not really help with retention but we are able to attract a little bit more quality applicants rather than those that are just looking for a job and finally applying to jobs that are out there with the Department of Labor. It's also made everything a lot more efficient. I do not have to review applications and then send them out to our managers. Everyone can review on real-time and I can see who's been in there and who's not managing their apps. To manage those apps internally and make sure that my managers are on top of the applicants and doing what they're supposed to be doing has been a huge tool.

Also, the functionality's great. I think that it works for what we need. But currently, they only contracted with one of their company, Wolfe, and they do the background check. I wish that there were more options as far as background checks go. So, we can add that feature and the background checks could be done a little bit more efficiently rather than the manual process we're going through now. I also wish that they communicated with our HRIS system which is our payroll and human resources platform. It would be ideal if the two of them communicated and I could get it higher and the information from the ATS went into the HRIS.

My biggest complaint with the software is that I'm bouncing back and forth between so many systems right now that it's becoming inefficient. If I was looking to leave BirdDogHR, it would be to go to a more rounded platform. One of those bigger companies that have an HRIS and a well-built out ATS system, all-in-one type of a deal. But I don't see that ever happening anytime in the near future. We're not with a major company with our HRIS system either.

I consider our organization to be pretty low-maintenance but when I need something done, I'm extremely impatient and want it done now. BirdDogHR has been fantastic with that. They managed very quickly any complaints that I've had. Sean has done a good job of following up, at least, annually to make sure that things are going great and what complaints I might have or anything that they can do differently. I think that they provided a great product and their selling point is in the construction, high skill and high trade industries. They really cater to those types of organizations but they've been a great job in our industry as well. I would refer a friend to use their platform.

We were struggling to find people. We're a career college and we're looking for experienced instructors to train people to be instructors. We came across BirdDog. We were looking at the San Antonio market and saw plenty of BirdDogHR postings. So we knew they had a presence and the price was reasonable, so we figured we'd give it a try. We've been using them for several years since. We've had much more luck with them that's why we kept going back

We use it for posting and cross-posting on other sites that it pushes to. We also use their templates. BirdDogHR is absolutely working for what we need it. The two things I like are, one, it's very easy to refresh jobs. We have some jobs that we keep indefinitely because we're always in need. After reposting from the beginning, the program puts them back at the top of the list, which is very convenient and saves me a lot of time.

Another one is that the price structure, at least for us, is more of a flat rate. So it's a very cost-effective model for us and we don't lose anything by posting jobs that we may not get much out of just to give it a try. For example, we struggle with any posting anywhere for culinary. But we don't lose anything by putting us on BirdDogHR because it's a very level situation. We also use BirdDogHR on harder markets. We struggle in Nursing especially in Oklahoma where we had demands. We also like the fact that they do post to at least one if not more military pipelines. We like our veterans and it's one more avenue into letting them know we existed.

We've been very pleased. But we haven't had the time or resources to utilize a lot of the other potentials the software has. They look promising but it takes somebody with a little bit more time. Maybe if we did grow a little bit and get to the point where we can hire more of a true recruiter. BirdDogHR is also good at staying in touch.

We had been searching for applicant tracking systems. One of the selling points of BirdDogHR was that they had multiple other options in case we were to grow into them. When we first started, I was mostly in contact with more the sales rep. She was a gal who walked me through the sales process and what they have to offer. I enjoyed that interaction. Once we decided to purchase the applicant tracking portion, Brandon was the on-boarding gentleman who walked me through the details of how to use the program. There were a few people in the meantime as far as account managers and they would check in every so often if everything was going okay.

Brandon is my current account manager. I go to him with questions and we talk about once a month. The people are helpful and very easy to reach. I also feel that they take my suggestions seriously. If I do have a question or an issue, they're extremely responsive in order to get back with me. Whether it's a yes or a no or they can't do something. I like that they're very personal over the phone. Easy to talk and to work with.

Right now, we solely use it for posting advertisements for job openings and then we sort the applicants in the system. I forward applications on to managers and we email the applicants through BirdDogGHR if we're interested in pursuing them or not. If I were to reach out to the applicants, I can also select the option to use my email address. But if it's a "You're not qualified" email, then it is coming from the BirdDogHR email address. I can post to one program and it distributes my applications to a number of spots. I'm not having to manage eight different sites and it eases my job. Because it automatically goes to our website, we customize it and it's directly on our career page.

BirdDogHR has increased the number of applicants we are receiving and helps me organize the applicants once they come in. We are also able to ask the applicants some questions through the program, like if they have a driver's license. So it covers a little bit of the liability risk involved. BirdDogHR has a lot of other options. I know that they have an on-boarding functionality too and they specialize in a couple of industries. It would be definitely a time-saver.

Maybe it would be interesting if they can offer a trial-run of their other platforms for potential customers who may be interested in moving into one of their other offerings to see if it would work or how it works. But one of the reasons I like BirdDogHR is they're not selling me on their other things. I just know from talking to them that it is a really neat software program and very useful for particular customers. It's also an aesthetically pleasing software and user-friendly. I would definitely recommend it. It's just an added value to my day-to-day. I'm also kind of selling their services too. I've talked to a few potential customers on their behalf and I enjoy doing it.

We knew it was time to get an applicant tracking system in place and got BirdDogHR because of the service provided for the price. We use the software for applicant tracking and recruiting purposes and what's really good about them is their customer service seems to be available when I need help. My co-employee, Diana, gets them on the phone quickly. If there's an error, I email them and they usually respond and are prompt at it. They'll put in a list of things to be handled and we can make suggestions but these suggestions don't pan out, though. Working with them has expedited a portion of the recruiting process and the affirmative action reporting as well. As a whole, we're happy with it. It's a good tool.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I started in my work September of 2015 and they had a contract with BirdDogHR. We primarily use them for job postings. Their performance depends where our unit is located, because we have some locations that are in very small town. But I don't think anything works out there, as far as online goes. When I first started, I called their team a lot for just questions in general about BirdDogHR and how to operate it. They are able to help me whenever I have a question for them.

It's been three years since we chose BirdDog HR. We mostly use it to advertise for jobs and filter out applicants. It's always been helpful and they seem to be very eager to make sure that we get what we're trying to obtain. They also seem to be dedicated to make sure that the service is working for you. They always respond fairly quickly and do what they can to come up with a solution. They've become the only place where we advertise for jobs now. I've been satisfied with them and in the right environment, they're the best bet. It's simple and worthwhile, which we like.

BirdDogHR Company Profile