Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

BELFOR Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Massive water damage in upstairs bathroom from overflowing toilet. They were hired to come out and completely restore our restroom, fix the toilets/pipes. They cashed out with my insurance company and cut corners. I discovered small defects in their work but worst of all I decided to get new flooring throughout and was informed that my damaged sub floors were never replaced and the moisture and mold had been brewing for a very long time. The manager is never available and not returning calls. I strongly recommend not selecting this company.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

DON'T DO IT IF THEY ARE THE LAST PLACE ON EARTH! Plain City Belfor in Ohio has no idea what they are doing, and hire contractors who are incompetent and full of excuses. They will come to "work", if you call smoking in your garage, flooding a bathroom, putting on the wrong floor trim, and taking a half an hour just to put on a switch plate "work". Then, try to settle a bill with them.

I called every week for the longest time, met them at their office even, and still they couldn't figure out how to finalize a bill. So, I finally quit calling and emailing in April last year, and they didn't respond. Then, 6 months later, I start getting emails and calls saying I owed them. Suddenly, when it was on their time, it was important. I ignored their calls and emails as they had mine. Less than one week after the first email, I received the threat of taking it to collection. Wow!!! If only I had had that power to get their butts in gear to finalize payment 6 months ago. All told, it took them 1 1/2years to put up some walls and put in new floors and fixtures in a 1400 square foot condo. The General Contractor built his whole house in that time. Like I said, please don't hire them for anything. It will be your worst nightmare. It sure was mine....

Get expert buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Explosion with fire & Smoke damage. Being a single female they took total advantage of me. Not healthy, they would say we will do this & it was either not done or done so poorly. My home after 16 mos they say it’s done. I am left with crooked posts, beams per my engineer needed to be replaced they soda blasted them so thin. My roof has low areas in it because of repairs done so badly. There is a number of examples. Gas furnace has already flooded because they refused to put in a vapor barrier. Have a bundle of cut off wires in crawlspace. Hardwood flooring isn’t level with the floor. Reused old insulation from the fire in areas. The smoke smell is so strong I haven’t been able to stay up there for very long.

I have already had Two gas leaks because of the flimsy materials used. They put in very cheap cabinets throughout the house not even close to what I had. They would put in things & do things without ever asking Me. They made Change orders that weren’t change orders. That were not honest about a number of things. Now there is a black substance running down from the roofing to the siding around the house they will not repair. It is also coming down the inside of the house ruining the wood window sills & outside the shingles. They left trash all around the outside the house routinely & Community Services had to clean it up including nails. When the took down the moss rock fireplace they left all the rocks on the living floor making it a hazard to kids, etc. Then left in open for months. Living on a golf course it was completely visible.

If you want to be completely stressed every day, very very poor workmanship throughout 2500 sq ft., never knowing if they will do what they say, think about it again. This was & still is a nightmare. They are very prejudiced against women & rude. So my attorney & I had a meeting with Belfor attorney & engineer & anything in the discussion was answered by both together “it was out of the scope of work.” When I asked them what he restore or remediation mean They said “they didn’t know,“ with a smirk on their face. It was 3 hours of ridiculous & demeaning worthless comments. As everything was answered that way by these grown professionals the “Belfor”. Don’t believe a word of their advertising. It is a TRICK.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Horrible finishing job in Waco, TX. I have many pictures that are absolutely horrible if you would like to see. They take advantage of people that have suffered a horrible loss and leave you with a worse house than you had to begin with.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Hired Belfor to fix water damage from a pipe burst, told us they would fix everything from start to finish. All they did was smash holes in our walls with a hammer and run fans to dry it out. When it came time to fix all the drywall, we were informed that they would not be doing it. Then came the bill of $7,000, for running their fans!! Turns out that our salesman lied about all the work and time that was actually done on our job!! Luckily I was keeping tabs on what they were doing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BELFOR?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Thank you so much Sarah. Sarah **, as the contractor for my rebuild, was an absolute rock star! I had water damage and mold in my kitchen, and she handled everything perfectly. I got overwhelmed and stressed at times, due to the situation, and she was able to talk or chat with me, at any time of the day. Her dedication to her job and the service she offered was top quality. I was also stressed from some of the jobs that were sub-contracted, but she was able to handle those issues as well. Thank you so much for your time, honesty, and for all the times I've texted you with all my "problems". Thank you Sarah. In regards to honesty and integrity she's at the top. She will make sure the job gets done, somehow, someway. Many thanks and blessings for your time Sarah. God bless.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

If I could give the Atlanta team zero stars I would. Sloppy workmanship, constant rep turnover, unanswered phone calls and email. They damage my sink and faucet while repairing a sprinkler head. Missing crown molding, shoddy repair of drywall and ceilings, lights put back on backwards that left gaping holes in the ceiling. The only good work they did was the guy who installed my new floors. I'm about to enter the 4th month of a simple sprinkler pipe bursting and flooding my 700sf condo. They disappear for weeks with no updates. You have to browbeat the rep to call you back. This company should be in the dictionary next to Couldn't Care Less. RUN, don't walk away from them and their incompetence. I'm about 5 days from hiring an attorney to sue them, they are that bad.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Belfor was chosen by my landlord's insurance company to fix a small water damage in my flat. The overall work and handling can just be described as terrible. They damaged some of my property and just refuse to do any compensation.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

A Belfor truck doing work at our neighbour's house backed into our driveway and hit one of our vehicles causing $750 damage. I saw the Belfor truck at the end of our driveway, moments after the impact but thought the noise was caused by something other than our truck being hit. The Belfor trucks were the only trucks in our cul de sac at the time the damage was done. The driver did not inform us of what he had done but instead cleaned up the mess, stole a part of the grill that he damaged and then lied about it to his manager. The general manager, Drew, in the Surrey, B.C. office avoided our phone calls for days and then refused to do anything, when we did finally speak to him. Furthermore, he shirked his responsibility and sent our neighbour over to talk to us and try to “resolve” the situation. These employees have no integrity and are dishonest. I would not trust them in my home.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I am writing because Belfor came in a month and a half ago to repair and have my tile replaced in my small bathroom. I am 75 years old. It took Belfor 2 weeks to repair a couple pieces of Sheetrock and paint my bathroom. They replaced my vanity and didn’t fix the plumbing and it leaked again. They wouldn’t do the tile on the floor so they hired a company to do it. They came in later and tiled the floor in 10 minutes. The tile has started coming loose and Belfor can’t get the company to come back to fix it. Belfor has promised several time to fix it but no one ever shows up, my bathroom has been on this condition for over 2 weeks? Don’t ever let this company into your house!

BELFOR expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Belfor has high-tech mobile-command centers with arrays of computers and dedicated satellite towers. They operate the largest fleet of restoration vehicles containing state-of-the-art recovery equipment. They handle fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Extensive document recovery: Many kinds of documents - paper files, film, microfiche, parchment, video tapes, online data and even X-rays - are recoverable with their advanced technology.

• OSHA-certified: They can handle large-scale hazardous-waste spills, utility failures or rail and highway disasters.

• Safe storage: Their specialized teams can make sure equipment and property is safely packed, moved and stored.

• Four-hour response: In the majority of cases, they can have an emergency response team on-site within four hours.

• Crime-scene procedures: Under direction of arson investigators, these experts are trained in the right way to secure evidence of arson and identify debris manipulation.

• Semiconductor decontamination: Semiconductors are among the most delicate and highly controlled technologies on Earth. This company has the clean rooms and facilities necessary to decontaminate them.

• Best for: Belfor is for large-scale operations that need the most advanced technology, like businesses and government and non-profits.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team