BELFOR

Compare Fire and Water Damage Restoration

Research top Fire and Water Damage Restoration recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had to restore a part of home and this brand worked wonders. The customer service helped me by walking me thru everything. Couldn't of done it without them. It's easy to make a appointment because they help work around you. And with phones you know of any delay or easy if you will not be home too. The inspection process to me was quick, easy and gave relief. I was nervous but once they got there, all the nerves went away very fast. You won't be sorry you did it. I highly rate the value of this, you will for sure not regret anything. Everything is really worth the value and other places charge you more for the same thing.

The customer service was easy to deal with and was able to show up quickly. Needed flooding cleaned up quick and they showed up quick. Scheduling was quick and easy. They were able to send someone out right away when I needed them. Trips after that they showed up when they probably promised to show up. They found mold from the leaking and took care of it quickly. Left fans for several days to air out the flooded area. Was very pleased with the inspection they gave. The value of what I paid that insurance didn't cover was way above the cost. They did not try to nickel and dime me when I didn't have time to price shop.

Answered all my question in a timely manner. Showed me different prices points and took into consideration what I was going through and was sensitive to it. I didn't need to feel like I was stressed. They took care of everything and made it simple for me to understand and if I didn't they were patient with me. They stayed in their own zone and needed go into too much details that it was overwhelming. Just told me the basis and why it was important. I felt I could trust them. I didn't even feel the need to look around their patients and sensitivity was value enough to me that I didn't care what the price was but at the end of it all I found it to be very reasonable.

I found the customer service to be very knowledgeable and capable of seeing what services I needed due to the flooding. They were kind and respectful to our household and I would use them again. Scheduling was quick and easy. I called them and they were out almost immediately. I needed them as soon as possible due to the flooding and wanting it to not sit around damaging stuff any longer than necessary.

They inspected for mold and all the bad stuff which comes with flooding. They found some mold and made sure it was taken care of before anything was fixed. They also left fans to dry out the room. Insurance paid most of the cost associated due to it being from bad pipes but, the amount I had to pay was a very good price. I didn't price shop but, what they charged didn't leave me feeling ripped off like it could have.

Customer service is super, super friendly. It kind of feels like you are talking or with your friends or family. They make it their do to help in any way they can. I have a really, really busy schedule. I am the single most important person at my job, so finding time for anything is crazy but I managed to get a great time slot. The process was smooth as a baby's bottom. I love it a lot and they were very quick and fast but they made sure they got the job right. The value is sensational, like it is really the best. This is seriously one of the best companies ever and I just really love their value so much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BELFOR?

As a customer, the overall experience was comforting but shortly turned to stressful once the restoration began. Some workers didn't understand the challenges of myself and family being displaced by a fire. Once work begun, it was moving along at a good pace then it slowed down and started to drag out. Apparently they were doing other jobs so when it was convenient they come back and do a little more work. There wasn't a problem in inspection as this part of the experience was fine. When it was time the inspectors showed up and passed everything the first time. The trouble I had was getting the work done within a reasonable amount of time. Didn't see a value in using a restoration company other than dealing with my insurer. I could've hired a remodeling contractor and had the same or better results.

Overall my experience was rather good. I had to wait for the work to be completed and that was never satisfactorily explained to me. As in I should have been given more notice than I was kept up to date as it were. The work took longer than necessary and I wasn't give in my opinion satisfactory enough reasons why it took so long. Once the work was complete the rest fell in line pretty quickly and the work was quality. I've had no problems with it so far. While the final bill was substantial I had done my homework on the company I chose and I was more than willing to pay a bit more for quality and that is not a decision I have come to regret.

After a fire, Belfor took belongings from our house to be cleaned. Because we could not secure our garage, they took the items from the garage for storage only. They invoiced us for cleaning those items when they should not have. They also charged us for 5 months of storage but removed that amount when I complained. Refused to credit us for the amount charged for storage items. Billed for cleaning an inflated number of items.

Belfor was in charge of the renovation of my house after a fire and took me calling and complaining for several years to get some of the work that was supposed to be completed/finished. There are several things still not completed and some things broken due to poor quality of materials. I have still tried calling them to get the work completed and last time I was told that they were not going to do anything else, and if I bothered them any more they were going to come after me for the coverage that they caused.

Totally gutted my home after a kitchen fire, excuse was due to asbestos which the reports we have says is not the case. They remove walls, plumbing, electrical. Also said personal items had to be disposed off for same reason. Not bonded either even though they work in private properties.

I hired Belfor Property Restoration to clean up my basement after it flooded. The company's employees ran extension cords up from basement to my outlets in the hallway upstairs. They taped down the cords to my fairly new hardwood floors. When the company came to retrieve their equipment the tape was pulled up along with the polyurethane and stain on my fairly new floors. The employees also piled wet clothing and toys in black bags in a corner under a table where they were blocked by items that didn't need to be bagged so I could not see them. They didn't notify me and therefore by the time I got to the items behind the table the bags of toys and clothes were full of mildew & mold.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Belfor has high-tech mobile-command centers with arrays of computers and dedicated satellite towers. They operate the largest fleet of restoration vehicles containing state-of-the-art recovery equipment. They handle fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Extensive document recovery: Many kinds of documents - paper files, film, microfiche, parchment, video tapes, online data and even X-rays - are recoverable with their advanced technology.
  • OSHA-certified: They can handle large-scale hazardous-waste spills, utility failures or rail and highway disasters.
  • Safe storage: Their specialized teams can make sure equipment and property is safely packed, moved and stored.
  • Four-hour response: In the majority of cases, they can have an emergency response team on-site within four hours.
  • Crime-scene procedures: Under direction of arson investigators, these experts are trained in the right way to secure evidence of arson and identify debris manipulation.
  • Semiconductor decontamination: Semiconductors are among the most delicate and highly controlled technologies on Earth. This company has the clean rooms and facilities necessary to decontaminate them.
  • Best for Belfor is for large-scale operations that need the most advanced technology, like businesses and government and non-profits.

Compare Fire and Water Damage Restoration