Find a Fire and Water Damage Restoration partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

BELFOR Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BELFOR?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BELFOR?

Original review: July 13, 2021

Scam alert!!! Everything was recorded on video! The guy came in and unplugged fans before they tested for moisture. On the video the obnoxious beep can be heard and an orange light is visible. I asked questions about the results and they ignored me. Who would let people like this into their home? If you do, or were forced as a renter, record everything. This is a pay for play company. They had no intention to remedy the water damage in my apartment. They did what the person pulling the strings paid them to do. I'd encourage everyone to watch the video on YouTube before giving their money to this company.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I had water damage from a leak in my upstairs bathroom. A friend recommended BELFOR. They came in and pretty much told me that because we took out the water damaged ceiling that there was nothing they could do for us other than put in fans. The whole time they were at my house they just kept complaining that my husband and I did the work they would have and that there is nothing they can do to hep and going to insurance was a waste of our time and money. When we had a contractor come in they saw mold and we used a different company that dealt with the problem that now got worse because BELFOR did not do what they were supposed to or even check other areas for water damage. I will never use or recommend BELFOR to anyone ever as this was a horrible experience. I would give no stars if it was possible.

Get buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

We had a massive water damage to our place Last year June 2019. We thought Belfor came for rescue. It's been more than an year. They have hired the amateur people to do the jobs. Paint work/baseboard/movers- Viktoria Inc. The movers were not equipped to do Printing papers or machineries related moving. Lost lot of stocks in the process and lost a machine as well. The worst part is, no one is taking the responsibility. We thought insurance company sent Belfor, but they denied. When you are lost, people are there to take advantage of your situation.

Original review: April 24, 2020

We bought a home that had just had a major renovation completed by Belfor Property Restoration due to a flood from a pipe freeze. You don't really know a home till you live in it and a home inspection can only catch so much. After living in this home for two days we saw so much in terms of poor workmanship, improper installs, code violations, incomplete work, the list goes on.

After reaching out to them to stand behind their work, they declined. I would never hire this company EVER to do anything. There was no pride of workmanship displayed anywhere. We have spent a small fortune correcting all their mistakes. The common statement we have gotten from the qualified HVAC guy, or the plumber, or the appliance repair guy is "who did this work?? It's horrible." If you have an insurance company that recommends them, insist on another recommendation....and change your insurance company too if they insist on using them.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Would give them 0 stars but that is not allowed. Used my insurance company's recommended restoration company Belfor and their recommended flooring company Signature Floors to deal with water leak insurance claim. Has been a gong show from the start. Project manager Jenn from Belfor only returned phone calls and emails intermittently. After many problems with Jenn I requested a new project manager in Dec 2019 and was refused. Contractors showed up at the wrong time or didn't show up at all. Flooring install is badly done and this was confirmed by the sales rep from the flooring manufacturer. Both Jenn from Belfor and Ryan manager of Signature Floors claimed without even coming out to look at my floor that it was installed as per industry standards - how can anyone say that the floor was installed properly without coming out to the job site???

I have been fighting with Belfor, Signature Floors and my insurance company for months with no resolution. On Jan 17, 2020 Ryan the manager from Signature Floors came out to inspect my floor. Myself and my friend reviewed all the problems with the floor and Ryan agreed to remove the floor, correct the levelling issues (that were made by their installer) and put in new flooring at no charge to me. Dan the owner of Signature Floors now states the install is fine and refuses to replace the floor. I have been given the run around by Belfor and Signature Floors for months now. The job is incomplete and I cannot use my basement.

My insurance company was finally able to get Dan and the GM of Belfor out to my home last week and Dan is still trying to claim the floor has been installed properly. At best I have been offered to have an independent flooring inspector out to inspect the flooring which can't happen for another 4-6 weeks! I should have been offered an independent flooring inspection months ago!!! I have not been able to park in my garage for over 3 months because that's where all my basement belongings are stored!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Massive water damage in upstairs bathroom from overflowing toilet. They were hired to come out and completely restore our restroom, fix the toilets/pipes. They cashed out with my insurance company and cut corners. I discovered small defects in their work but worst of all I decided to get new flooring throughout and was informed that my damaged sub floors were never replaced and the moisture and mold had been brewing for a very long time. The manager is never available and not returning calls. I strongly recommend not selecting this company.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

DON'T DO IT IF THEY ARE THE LAST PLACE ON EARTH! Plain City Belfor in Ohio has no idea what they are doing, and hire contractors who are incompetent and full of excuses. They will come to "work", if you call smoking in your garage, flooding a bathroom, putting on the wrong floor trim, and taking a half an hour just to put on a switch plate "work". Then, try to settle a bill with them.

I called every week for the longest time, met them at their office even, and still they couldn't figure out how to finalize a bill. So, I finally quit calling and emailing in April last year, and they didn't respond. Then, 6 months later, I start getting emails and calls saying I owed them. Suddenly, when it was on their time, it was important. I ignored their calls and emails as they had mine. Less than one week after the first email, I received the threat of taking it to collection. Wow!!! If only I had had that power to get their butts in gear to finalize payment 6 months ago. All told, it took them 1 1/2years to put up some walls and put in new floors and fixtures in a 1400 square foot condo. The General Contractor built his whole house in that time. Like I said, please don't hire them for anything. It will be your worst nightmare. It sure was mine....

Original review: May 6, 2019

Explosion with fire & Smoke damage. Being a single female they took total advantage of me. Not healthy, they would say we will do this & it was either not done or done so poorly. My home after 16 mos they say it’s done. I am left with crooked posts, beams per my engineer needed to be replaced they soda blasted them so thin. My roof has low areas in it because of repairs done so badly. There is a number of examples. Gas furnace has already flooded because they refused to put in a vapor barrier. Have a bundle of cut off wires in crawlspace. Hardwood flooring isn’t level with the floor. Reused old insulation from the fire in areas. The smoke smell is so strong I haven’t been able to stay up there for very long.

I have already had Two gas leaks because of the flimsy materials used. They put in very cheap cabinets throughout the house not even close to what I had. They would put in things & do things without ever asking Me. They made Change orders that weren’t change orders. That were not honest about a number of things. Now there is a black substance running down from the roofing to the siding around the house they will not repair. It is also coming down the inside of the house ruining the wood window sills & outside the shingles. They left trash all around the outside the house routinely & Community Services had to clean it up including nails. When the took down the moss rock fireplace they left all the rocks on the living floor making it a hazard to kids, etc. Then left in open for months. Living on a golf course it was completely visible.

If you want to be completely stressed every day, very very poor workmanship throughout 2500 sq ft., never knowing if they will do what they say, think about it again. This was & still is a nightmare. They are very prejudiced against women & rude. So my attorney & I had a meeting with Belfor attorney & engineer & anything in the discussion was answered by both together “it was out of the scope of work.” When I asked them what he restore or remediation mean They said “they didn’t know,“ with a smirk on their face. It was 3 hours of ridiculous & demeaning worthless comments. As everything was answered that way by these grown professionals the “Belfor”. Don’t believe a word of their advertising. It is a TRICK.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Horrible finishing job in Waco, TX. I have many pictures that are absolutely horrible if you would like to see. They take advantage of people that have suffered a horrible loss and leave you with a worse house than you had to begin with.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Hired Belfor to fix water damage from a pipe burst, told us they would fix everything from start to finish. All they did was smash holes in our walls with a hammer and run fans to dry it out. When it came time to fix all the drywall, we were informed that they would not be doing it. Then came the bill of $7,000, for running their fans!! Turns out that our salesman lied about all the work and time that was actually done on our job!! Luckily I was keeping tabs on what they were doing.

BELFOR author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Belfor has high-tech mobile-command centers with arrays of computers and dedicated satellite towers. They operate the largest fleet of restoration vehicles containing state-of-the-art recovery equipment. They handle fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Extensive document recovery: Many kinds of documents - paper files, film, microfiche, parchment, video tapes, online data and even X-rays - are recoverable with their advanced technology.

• OSHA-certified: They can handle large-scale hazardous-waste spills, utility failures or rail and highway disasters.

• Safe storage: Their specialized teams can make sure equipment and property is safely packed, moved and stored.

• Four-hour response: In the majority of cases, they can have an emergency response team on-site within four hours.

• Crime-scene procedures: Under direction of arson investigators, these experts are trained in the right way to secure evidence of arson and identify debris manipulation.

• Semiconductor decontamination: Semiconductors are among the most delicate and highly controlled technologies on Earth. This company has the clean rooms and facilities necessary to decontaminate them.

BELFOR Company Information