3.9/5 (130 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

BELFOR Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BELFOR?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BELFOR?

Original review: April 18, 2022

When you are in need of emergency restoration work take a little extra time and find another restoration company and DO NOT pick Belfor. In my opinion they do not care about their customers and treat you terribly. Below is my experience in working with Belfor in Orlando. In February I had a flood happen at my personal residence and needed emergency remediation. My insurance broker recommended Belfor so I called them and had them start on my job. In hindsight, I wish I would have done some diligence and hired another company. At the end of the day they dried out my house and removed all of the wet damaged items, however it is how they went about it that I have a significant problem.

First, the communication directly with ME, the person responsible for the bill was subpar at best. However the communication with the insurance company was great. That doesn’t do me any good when they drop the bill on me and then Belfor tells me I have less than 7 days to pay or they are going to file a lien on my house. Regardless if you have been paid by the insurance company, they want their money now! Forget about it if you have questions about your bill, I have asked verbally 3+ times and written at least 2x for additional information to support their bill, only to have complete silence from Belfor.

Ultimately I am being forced to pay a bill that I feel may be inaccurate and I still have a few questions. Now I have to come out of pocket before the insurance company pays me, and I don't know what the insurance company has approved because Belfor won't provide support documentation. They made it crystal clear by sending a certified Demand letter to my house that I need to pay NOW OR THEY WILL IMMEDIATELY FILE A LIEN on my home. What type of company does this when the invoice was provided less than 7 days ago…

Second, a complete lack of professionalism with the team. The team working in my house was 50% good, 50% terrible in my opinion. Belfor used equipment such as hardwood floor vacuums that their own staff would openly told me “it will not work” but they are just doing it to charge more before tearing them out. My project was 3+ weeks of a team from 3-8 people on the job most days. You think you would bring a porta potty. Nope, I have Belfor's staff either peeing in my yard or in my toilets. Completely gross.

Third, The lack of taking accountability for their actions. While on my project Belfor broke a hot water pipe and had to turn off my hot water. However after tampering with my hot water heater to shut it off, my hot water was never restored. I was told by the people on site they would fix it, but after several days without hot water, they told me to call management. Management told me my hot water heater was old and hasn't worked for a long time, even though their own people were using my hot water for cleaning. How they came to that conclusion is beyond me. An old hot water heater doesn't mean a broken one. When I brought this to their attention they tried to baffle me with BS and took no responsibility. Now I am out an additional $2800 for a hot water heater thanks to Belfor.

In conclusion and after my personal experience… I would recommend working with any other restoration company other than Belfor so you don't run the risk of having a similar experience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

My house burned down and my insurance company recommended Belfor for the restoration contract. My experience with Lonnie ** the contractor assigned to us from start to finish has been exceptional. Their workers were very professional, cleaned up and once completed it was as if a fire ever occurred. I have read some reviews from different areas of the country and what I can say is if you need their services in the Florida area, don’t hesitate to contact Belfor in Jacksonville.

Get buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

They did show up in a timely fashion, to put a tarp on my roof after part of a tree went through it. The first time it rained, 6 days later, it leaked. I called, they came back, said the first job was not done properly- that they used two smaller tarps instead of one larger one and didn't put sealant on the nail holes they put through my roof. The second tarp worked perfectly. I then received a bill for over $2600. Over $1000. for the first tarp that leaked, and over $1400. for the second one.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Scam alert!!! Everything was recorded on video! The guy came in and unplugged fans before they tested for moisture. On the video the obnoxious beep can be heard and an orange light is visible. I asked questions about the results and they ignored me. Who would let people like this into their home? If you do, or were forced as a renter, record everything. This is a pay for play company. They had no intention to remedy the water damage in my apartment. They did what the person pulling the strings paid them to do. I'd encourage everyone to watch the video on YouTube before giving their money to this company.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I had water damage from a leak in my upstairs bathroom. A friend recommended BELFOR. They came in and pretty much told me that because we took out the water damaged ceiling that there was nothing they could do for us other than put in fans. The whole time they were at my house they just kept complaining that my husband and I did the work they would have and that there is nothing they can do to hep and going to insurance was a waste of our time and money. When we had a contractor come in they saw mold and we used a different company that dealt with the problem that now got worse because BELFOR did not do what they were supposed to or even check other areas for water damage. I will never use or recommend BELFOR to anyone ever as this was a horrible experience. I would give no stars if it was possible.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

My condo sustained a nasty sewage backup shortly after I bought it. The condo association recommended Belfor and I am so happy they did. During the pandemic I thought it would be hard to find a company to fix my damaged unit, but Belfor came right away (thereby limiting the nasty odors, mold, and bacteria) and then they renovated the entire downstairs. I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am with their work. The guys were all friendly, competent and industrious. I am deeply grateful to them for all that they did under difficult circumstances. I would highly recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

We had a massive water damage to our place Last year June 2019. We thought Belfor came for rescue. It's been more than an year. They have hired the amateur people to do the jobs. Paint work/baseboard/movers- Viktoria Inc. The movers were not equipped to do Printing papers or machineries related moving. Lost lot of stocks in the process and lost a machine as well. The worst part is, no one is taking the responsibility. We thought insurance company sent Belfor, but they denied. When you are lost, people are there to take advantage of your situation.

Original review: April 24, 2020

We bought a home that had just had a major renovation completed by Belfor Property Restoration due to a flood from a pipe freeze. You don't really know a home till you live in it and a home inspection can only catch so much. After living in this home for two days we saw so much in terms of poor workmanship, improper installs, code violations, incomplete work, the list goes on.

After reaching out to them to stand behind their work, they declined. I would never hire this company EVER to do anything. There was no pride of workmanship displayed anywhere. We have spent a small fortune correcting all their mistakes. The common statement we have gotten from the qualified HVAC guy, or the plumber, or the appliance repair guy is "who did this work?? It's horrible." If you have an insurance company that recommends them, insist on another recommendation....and change your insurance company too if they insist on using them.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Would give them 0 stars but that is not allowed. Used my insurance company's recommended restoration company Belfor and their recommended flooring company Signature Floors to deal with water leak insurance claim. Has been a gong show from the start. Project manager Jenn from Belfor only returned phone calls and emails intermittently. After many problems with Jenn I requested a new project manager in Dec 2019 and was refused. Contractors showed up at the wrong time or didn't show up at all. Flooring install is badly done and this was confirmed by the sales rep from the flooring manufacturer. Both Jenn from Belfor and Ryan manager of Signature Floors claimed without even coming out to look at my floor that it was installed as per industry standards - how can anyone say that the floor was installed properly without coming out to the job site???

I have been fighting with Belfor, Signature Floors and my insurance company for months with no resolution. On Jan 17, 2020 Ryan the manager from Signature Floors came out to inspect my floor. Myself and my friend reviewed all the problems with the floor and Ryan agreed to remove the floor, correct the levelling issues (that were made by their installer) and put in new flooring at no charge to me. Dan the owner of Signature Floors now states the install is fine and refuses to replace the floor. I have been given the run around by Belfor and Signature Floors for months now. The job is incomplete and I cannot use my basement.

My insurance company was finally able to get Dan and the GM of Belfor out to my home last week and Dan is still trying to claim the floor has been installed properly. At best I have been offered to have an independent flooring inspector out to inspect the flooring which can't happen for another 4-6 weeks! I should have been offered an independent flooring inspection months ago!!! I have not been able to park in my garage for over 3 months because that's where all my basement belongings are stored!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Massive water damage in upstairs bathroom from overflowing toilet. They were hired to come out and completely restore our restroom, fix the toilets/pipes. They cashed out with my insurance company and cut corners. I discovered small defects in their work but worst of all I decided to get new flooring throughout and was informed that my damaged sub floors were never replaced and the moisture and mold had been brewing for a very long time. The manager is never available and not returning calls. I strongly recommend not selecting this company.

BELFOR author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Belfor has high-tech mobile-command centers with arrays of computers and dedicated satellite towers. They operate the largest fleet of restoration vehicles containing state-of-the-art recovery equipment. They handle fire, water and mold restoration services.

• Extensive document recovery: Many kinds of documents - paper files, film, microfiche, parchment, video tapes, online data and even X-rays - are recoverable with their advanced technology.

• OSHA-certified: They can handle large-scale hazardous-waste spills, utility failures or rail and highway disasters.

• Safe storage: Their specialized teams can make sure equipment and property is safely packed, moved and stored.

• Four-hour response: In the majority of cases, they can have an emergency response team on-site within four hours.

• Crime-scene procedures: Under direction of arson investigators, these experts are trained in the right way to secure evidence of arson and identify debris manipulation.

• Semiconductor decontamination: Semiconductors are among the most delicate and highly controlled technologies on Earth. This company has the clean rooms and facilities necessary to decontaminate them.

BELFOR Company Information