Overall Rating3.1 out of 5

About AT&T VoIP

AT&T VoIP offers personalized phone solutions for businesses. From basic to cloud-based phone services, AT&T VoIP has programs for every type of business with its local and long-distance landline plans.

AT&T VoIP Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 27 reviews and 230 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T VoIP?
Customer ServiceRefunds & PayoutsStaff

Reviewed June 1, 2023

If I could leave negative stars I would! I called in February to cancel phone service for my small business after having it for over 10 years. It wasn’t canceled until April when I realized money was missing from my account! I called to have it canceled again, the incompetent employee didn’t remove the automatic payment so they charged us 3 months of service at $272 when originally our bill was only $67.08 for nearly 10 years!!! Then for 3 months we got the run around about refunding over $800 to our account which we still have not received to this day. It is now June!! We have spoken to numerous agents, at least 2 supervisors and we still don’t have our refund. This has severely impacted our business not to mention the 3 overdrafts it caused to our business account. If this is how they treat a 10+ year customer what do you think they will do to you! Do not use AT&T!! Period

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2022

If I could give AT&T a zero I would and if there was a different provider in our rural area I would switch after 42 years of being a loyal customer. I have been dealing with AT&T for over a year about rising rates and bad lines. No resolution to our situation and our rates keep increasing every month. It is so ridiculous our $1000.00 monthly bill is at $12K per month. They know we are an established, well known business and relies on our phone service and they don't care, how much they gouge the price because they know we need the phone lines. Getting any help or repairs requires half a day of your time. You will keep getting knocked off the website over and over or stay on hold for hours and hours.

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about VoIP Internet Phone Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Dec. 13, 2019

I sat on hold for 30 minutes. That in itself is unacceptable. I had to hang up twice before because it was too long. My elderly father called them months ago thinking he was transferring his landline only to create a cell number that was never activated. They can see it was never used. This NEVER should have happened in the first place and now they won't cancel it? I tried to add my father to the call and they said 'no'. He has to create a new PIN and call. He is now in a nursing home dying. I was in tears. I had all the information needed. I got more compassion from credit card companies that he missed payments. Kathy

Reviewed Oct. 22, 2019

Trying to navigate this system is a nightmare. Then when you need help and call them, they proceed to tell you that this is a self service type of system. Basically, you have to deal with it on your own (we were not told this until after we started using the system). You may as well hire an outside company to deal with train wreck of a system. The self help videos would be good, if some of the links they tell you to click on actually existed. When you do find a link, it goes to an error page. I have spent hours just trying to change our email address for voicemails, and still have not been able to get the change in place. If you have any sense, run from this system as fast as you can. Two cans and a string is better. Or maybe even smoke signals.

Reviewed Aug. 27, 2019

We first switched to (what used to be called) U-verse for our internet and phone in order to switch from our landline because AT&T said that landline service was going away in our area. Turned out to be false. Service was reliable from the time we switched in December of 2017 through February of 2019. As of February 2019, we have experienced unreliable service. Our router would lose its connection sometimes twice a day, sometimes 10 times a day (no lie). There were days where there were no interruptions at all. We have had no less than 5 AT&T technicians out here to investigate and have replaced the router once so far.

All technicians tells us the problem is NOT inside the home and after checking whatever they check at the nodes, claim they found a problem and fixed it. Service would be okay for a couple of days then the interruptions resumed. It has been 6 months since this first started and my next step is to contact IL State agencies that oversee things like this - if such an agency exists. If any other consumers are reading this, DO NOT BUY INTO THEIR SPIN, and as much as possible, stay away from AT&T anything!! Customer Service is offshore somewhere in the Philippines and they can do nothing except send out a technician or send a replacement router. They are THE LEAST HELPFUL customer service I have ever encountered in my life.

Reviewed Aug. 27, 2019

They were suppose to come out and install our services and left us without phone services for 2 days. Horrible customer service and I would never recommend them for any business despite the price. I am paying twice as much to use Spectrum but at least they are reliable.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

So I've been trying to switch over to AT&T VoIP for over 6 months now.... It's amazing on how horrid the customer service and communication is there. My boss tried to change his internet and port his phone lines over. I called ahead of time to change the email address and they said ok and that everything was ready. First schedule failed and my tech waited 3 hours for nothing. Later found out, they emailed the wrong address when I was very specific about it. Called again to make sure to change the email address AND reschedule which on average is about a month wait. They specifically told me everything was fine and ready and all I had to do was make sure my tech guy was on site.

On D-day, the call code didn't work so I called AGAIN and was told the schedule was prematurely cancelled due to no confirmation statement from previous provider to release numbers to port over when I was told TWICE before everything was ready to go. This time there was no notification at all. Called them to make sure to be clear on what I had to do because they can't follow up or even communicate correctly. On the phone that day, I was told I just had to wait for authorization and that AT&T would call them and I didn't have to do anything.

Now it's close to 7 months and upon calling to check the status JUST IN CASE; I find out I need to specifically call my sales rep to request a CSR (Customer Service Request) in order to move things forward. AGAIN, no communication. It’s as if they're just making up rules along the way. Now I need to change my rep, request a CSR, wait for the reschedule AGAIN, sell my soul, sacrifice a newborn, and dance around a fire while in chant just to get this done. I wish I could rate 0 stars because 1 star is being way too generous.

Reviewed March 21, 2019

I was looking for a solutions to what I can now see (after reading through the thread) is a very common problem and so I decided to add our experience to the mix. Our company switched over to VoIP three years ago and it has been a constant struggle to get any real service when we have needed it. From being unable to reach a live person to being directed by their automated system to a number that is no longer in service! You can get through initially to a rep but then you are told that "your account" is managed by so and so, given their contact information and they never call or email you back. It's like running around in the craziest of circles that I am left shaking my hand in utter disbelief. I don't even know what to do as I can even seem to reach anyone to cancel my service. I am just at a loss for words...

Reviewed March 19, 2019

A salesperson sold us, a small business, on AT&T VoIP in August 2018. They installed equipment in November 2018. They began billing us in January 2019 for the new service, and I am still paying monthly on the old/existing service. As of March 19, 2019, we still have not had testing or activation. After numerous calls to them, AT&T says they are working on it. I've asked for an estimated timeframe, they say they do not know. Meanwhile, I have been incurring a bill because they said I am on the hook once the equipment is installed, even if they have not activated it. I submitted a termination yesterday, citing poor installation performance. They are requiring me to uninstall the equipment their authorized technician installed. It takes up an entire wall of my server room. It has wires going in and out of the building. Not to mention, I have a bill for 3,497 - and climbing - for service that is not active. This whole process has been a nightmare.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2018

It's like a bunch of ambulance chasers. I've had DirecTV for ten years. Bought a AT&T cell phone thinking I could get my DirecTV on it. NOT. What a scam. I advise anyone thinking of going with this company better STOP. And go anywhere else but with AT&T.

AT&T VoIP author review by Ellen Muraskin

Comcast can assign additional SIP trunks on an as-needed basis for periods of high call volume.

• Internet and Voice from one vendor: Businesses can get online using the same service they use for their VoIP service.

• AT&T Business in a Box: Ideal for small businesses and satellite locations, this feature provides voice and data services over a single network connection and device. If you have an internal PBX you can simply opt for IP trunking to save money on calling; if you're starting fresh, you can go the hosted route. And if you're multi-site, you can choose per site for one integrated system; all extensions operate as under one phone switch.

• Online call logs and address book: Residential and business customers can keep track of incoming and outgoing calls just like they can on a cell phone. They can also save important contacts in an online database so they never have to search for a number before making a call.

• AT&T Collaborate: This is a cloud-based hosted voice and unified communications solution, blends voice with video, instant messaging and conferencing.

• IP Toll-Free: AT&T's call center offering allows you to locate agents at any broadband connection. It supports intelligent routing, chat and video as well as voice and can replace multiple PRI trunks.

by Ellen Muraskin VoIP Advisor

Ellen Muraskin has been writing about telecom and IT since 1993 when she joined the marketing department of Dialogic. In 1996 she joined the editorial staff of CMP’s Computer Telephony Magazine, rising to Executive Editor before joining Ziff Davis Media to launch the VoIP topic center of their eweek.com site. She served as senior copywriter for IT infrastructure company Raritan and has written and edited for several publications.

AT&T VoIP Company Information