Aliant Payment Systems

Aliant, a domestic and international credit card processing company, has been a leader in the industry for over 14 years and servicing thousands of customers. Offering full suite solutions such as EMV capabilities, website integration, mobile processing solutions, cloud-based POS systems and much more, Aliant strives to provide the highest standard of personalized customer service. Call or visit their website to learn more, and see the Aliant difference.

Compare Credit Card Processing Companies

Research top Credit Card Processing Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The Aliant sales representatives were very forthcoming with information. And when there was something that they didn't know about the product, they would follow up with either a call or an email. Even if they didn't know the answer, they were very good about tracking it down. I ended up getting the Clover Go and I like the ease of ability because the device is in my phone. I plug it into my phone, so I can use it directly there. Unlike the products I was using before, I had to Bluetooth and there's a lot of connectivity issues. I also like the quick turnaround on having the deposit to my account. I don't have to trigger or prompt it to make a report. It automatically does it at a certain time every day, and then sends me an email saying, "Hey, it's done and here's your report." The automation is fantastic.

We make a couple of transactions with Aliant Payment Systems. The first one just took a little long to give the funds, but the second one was fine. If I have concerns, they call me back and they solve the problem. Also, I'm getting all the info so it's been good.

Aliant was able to meet what we wanted and they are very friendly and helpful. When I have a question or need some answers, if they don’t know them they find out and I hear from them very quickly. It’s an excellent experience.

From the first phone call to Vice President of Sales, Giancarlo **, I was treated with respect and patience regarding my lack of knowledge in accepting credit cards. The first company I contracted with was an absolute nightmare. Their reader didn't work with my smartphone, the costs were more and the customer service was pitiful.

Aliant's beautiful office is a few miles from me so I was able to meet Giancarlo and Heidy personally. When their reader also did not work with my smart phone, he had a solution which was easier and less expensive. He talked me through changing my machine's time over the phone and emailed me instructions for the future. I definitely made the right switch and will highly recommend the company.

The people at Aliant Payment Systems have always been very helpful and professional. Aliant seems to be efficient and I can go onto their gateway, run reports, and see who did what as far as donations. We’re a charity. We’re a non-profit so that’s about all that goes to them, or if we have an event, the credit card payment. The only problem I've had with them was that there’s somebody else’s name on a couple of emails that went out. And I sent my rep a text message on my phone, “We need to take this person off of that email and put me on it,” and that’s what happened. I don’t have any complaints. Aliant Payment Systems is a great company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aliant Payment Systems?

Learned about Aliant when I was doing some work on a refrigerator in their corporate office. As I do wherever I go, I ask people what they do for a living, and their system is usually self-explanatory. But I didn't know what Aliant did. When they told me about it, I said I've always wanted to get one of those swipes for my business, but I never wanted to deal with the headaches. I've been in business 46 years and I got away without it all these years. Then the lady there said that they can make it really easy as they'll help me the whole way. If it wasn't for them, I probably couldn't have done it myself because one needs to go on the computer and download this and that. I'm really good at fixing refrigerators, but I'm not too good with computers.

The brief experience I have with them so far has been awesome. I didn't even get to use the product yet but the customer service is phenomenal. Any time I have an issue, whether it's a question on how to do this or when do I get paid, they're quick. I also get to speak to somebody. I didn't have to push several buttons and I don't stay on hold. I'm extremely happy at this moment. So to anybody that I know that's in business and does not use one of Aliant's products, shame on them.

Aliant Payment has been very helpful. We had a few bugs in the system with our terminal, and the ladies were very good at helping out my assistant to get that organized in sending us a new terminal out; we haven’t had any hiccups besides that. They also helped us in setting up our online account. I’m happy that our processing has been going through steadily and on time so far. I was going over it this morning and I told my assistant that I wanna make sure that I look over the accounts better because I haven’t been following up with that. Working with Aliant has been a progressive work. They’ve been very kind and attentive to our needs and we’re very happy with their services. So far so good.

Guys from Aliant Payment Systems came into the office and offered a good pricing. Then they set it up and everything was perfect. Every time I've dealt with anybody, they’ve been helpful. If I had a question, I would call and I'd get an answer immediately. If there is a need, the situation is resolved immediately, although it rarely happens. We use Alliant for our credit card processing and they gave us swipers to hook up to the computers. I like the ease of use, convenience, and their customer service, where I get to speak with somebody instead of an automated phone. I've had a very good experience with Alliant and I'd recommend them.

My bank recommended Aliant Payment Systems. I took on their credit card processing as they have competitive rates and gave good service. We had to raise the limit of what I can accept by almost 10 times because we're collecting a good size of deposits and they worked very well to help me get that satisfied. I had a couple of calls back and forth with technical support while they work with their merchant services to get things done but when I call them, somebody's there to help me through whatever I need and quickly resolve issues. Very good customer service, overall.

We use Aliant Payment Systems for credit card processing because they had the best rates. We have the swiper hooked up to the phone from Alliant and it's user friendly. When we broke our first machine, I had to call to get another one and they were very kind. Then when I received it, technical support helped me to set it up.

We used to use Aliant Payment Systems' merchant services but we don’t really use the account anymore.

A rep from Aliant Payment Systems contacted me and explained the program and what they do. Although it wasn't something that I was heavily considering at that time, but looking at everything, I thought that it might be a good idea. So I have done one of their loans which I can pay back on a daily basis despite having to pay them back a lot of money since their rates are ridiculous. But that is just a part of that industry, so I still like them well enough.

Consumer Increased Rating!

We have been with Aliant Payment Systems for a long time already and have their merchant services. I don't like the old machine and the rate is not that good. Now I have another company offering me a better rate.

Aliant seemed to be reasonable and I purchased the Square from them, which is one of those processing systems that you can use with the phones. I sell products mobily, so I like that it’s a mobile device.

Somebody sent me a payment through Aliant, so I signed up to receive it. I did it all online, and then I just got an app to use the payment and to send and receive payments.

The people from Aliant that I was working with in sourcing the merchant and acquiring bank kept me in the loop the whole time. I was well-informed, and they have a high level of communications. I haven't launched the product yet but it has been a positive experience. I've enjoyed everything so far.

We have Aliant Payment Systems as our credit card processing. They're very friendly and professional. All the interactions I've had with them have been good. I'd call them if I see something fraudulent on my account and they'd help me take care of it. They're also very helpful whenever I have a question about creating a quick link for our website or about our account and how to do something.

We’ve been using Aliant Payment Systems for 10 years. We have their credit card processing system and I like the convenience of being able to use their Gateway service. Their system runs smoothly and I don’t have to think about it.

I’ve been with Aliant as my merchant agent for a long time. They're a good company. Their customer service is good and they’re very helpful all the time. Any questions I've ever had or any kind of issues that had to do with my account, they’re right on top of it or they get right back to me immediately.

Our bank recommended Aliant Payment Systems and I use it for credit card processing. So far, I'm satisfied with it.

I had a merchant service I was using previously, didn’t like him and was having problems with him. Aliant Payment Systems called at the right time and I switched. I ended up purchasing mobile processing and the sales guy was really nice. However, he did tell a couple of lies about the whole process which I wasn't too happy about. I have had a couple of issues with quick questions and they’ve been very helpful on customer service when I’ve called them.

Aliant Payment Systems does my credit card processing for a long time now and their staff has been very nice. All interactions with customer service have been good. I don’t ring a whole lot of credit cards but when I do, it’s fine. I do it online.

We've been with Aliant for quite some time. Their service is always on time, but I have a problem with my rate, since it's too high and they're not helping me with it. Every time we called, they said they're going to adjust it, but they'd call back and it's the same all the time. I'm dissatisfied so I'm shopping around.

Aliant's process is a little bit complicated if someone disputes something. Their rates are also not the best. Other than those they're ok, but I'm most likely gonna be switching.

Aliant Payment Systems was our bank’s recommendation. What I like most about them is I just call up if there is an issue and it gets resolved. There’s always someone on the end of the line. But what’s happening now is every time we make a credit card charge on the Gateway, it automatically should come to my email, we key in our client’s email address and it automatically goes to them. It is going to my clients but not to me. Then at 8:30 every evening, I get the daily reports of what credit card charges were made that day. We don’t charge on the Gateway every day so it took me a few days to register it.

I chose Aliant for credit card processing based on the lies that the salesperson told that I didn't know were lies at the time. They also got no help after business hours. But, I like that I get the money on my account the next day.

I used to process credit cards using a landline telephone and would then key in numbers using the keypad on the telephone. I will never physically hold the credit card or see it, so I had to key everything in manually. With Aliant, the app for my smartphone made the entering of the information and it was much easier. There was no monthly minimum requirement, the rates were less, and the processing fee that you would charge per transaction were also less. I purchased the credit card processing system where they take a small percentage of the charges when I process them and it's really easy to use. I initially had some issues with setup, but I don’t really need help in any way to process credit cards. But if I ever had a hiccup, I would call them.

We had a credit card processing point of sale system with Aliant at one time. The original setup and supplies when I needed it was all fine. Also, I was able to get a hold of the owner or manager anytime I needed. I had no problem with them.

Aliant is great. It was a referral from another customer. I got them for credit card processing and I can process the account from anywhere. I can get my money anywhere that I am.

The business filed for bankruptcy and Aliant was the only one that took us - no other merchant company would. Their credit card processing system allows me to log in online from anywhere to process the credit card payments. The experience with Aliant is easy.

Question and Answers - Aliant Payment Systems

What are some perks or advantages of your brand?

We offer next day deposit, individual hands-on support, real-time reporting, virtual terminal capacity and Ecommerce integration.

Has your business received any rewards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?

We won the 2013 Interactive Media Awards B2B Best In Class.

How has Aliant grown or evolved?

Aliant began in Outside Sales, making introductions to businesses about products in the local – state marketplace. Three years ago we created the Inside Sales Department and moved into national account acquiring and built a new website. Then just a year ago Aliant moved into international acquiring, with relationships of more than 30 acquiring banks around the world, providing the ability to service international clients.

What sets Aliant Payment Systems apart from the competition?

Truly, our appetite for all types of businesses and the ability to approve and board anywhere in the world sets us apart. Also, our level of technology, the ability to process transactions in multiple currencies, on-going FRAUD management on ALL accounts and Ecommerce services.

What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

We make it more convenient for you to run your business on-the-go. Aliant provides all payment processing services for credit and debit cards as well as check guarantee, ATM access and merchant cash advances. As an automated clearing house Aliant handles credit transfers including direct deposit, payroll and vendor payments. We also have accounts with banks around the world making commerce while abroad seamless.

How does Aliant measure success?

Alliant measures success by establishing new clients, successfully managing existing clients, customer review sentiment and customer referrals, as well as our overall processing volume.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The most dramatic change in the last decade has been the introduction, and growth of, eCommerce. In the last 5 years, it has been the conversion from magnetic stripe to chip-embedded cards.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Aliant?

The speed with which we can accomplish approving accounts. All of our customers receive a one on one customer service experience from introduction all the way to providing technical support if needed. We are also proud of our history and time frame of being in this industry.

Aliant Payment Systems Company Profile