Find a Fire and Water Damage Restoration partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

AdvantaClean Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AdvantaClean?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AdvantaClean?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

This company, namely the owner, Mario DiCostanzo, committed insurance fraud while dealing with my insurance company. My sump pump stopped during a heavy rain,, leaving a couple inches of standing water in my basement. I called them on a Sunday (important later) and left a message. Mario returned my call that evening, quoted a reasonable price range based on the information I provided, and said he could be there in the morning. He arrived with his crew on Monday morning with 2 laborers. I walked the basement with him and afterwards he quoted me $12k - $15k to remove damaged possessions and furniture, remove ~500 sq ft of flooring, and remediate any mold. I agreed and his guys started removing items from the basement.

Mario came back with paperwork for me to sign that had standard charges (rate/laborer/hr, mold remediation, nothing notably expensive), but no contract or total quote. At this time he informed me that it might come up to as much as $17k. It was a lot of work, and I needed it done, so I agreed. I made the mistake of mentioning what the amount was I was covered for and gave him the insurance company information, so he could go straight through them. A couple weeks later I received a breakdown of the adjusted insurance payment from my insurance company before they paid him. $27k! That's adjusted down from his bill of $31k!

His breakdown included line items such as $900 for duct tape, $1200 for sweeping my floor, $3000 for mold remediation for ONE SIDE of a bare stud wall, then another $3000 for the OTHER SIDE! You can spray a stud wall completely from one side, and the spray he used cost $27 on Amazon. That phone call on Sunday evening? He charged it as an emergency service call for $300. $2200 for labor on the day they removed the floor, then another $3287.36 for them to remove the floor, then ANOTHER $3237. 97 for debris removal for the same flooring! Of course my insurance paid him all of my $25k limit because we "couldn't prove he didn't do the work", so their hands were tied. This guy is a criminal who will take advantage of you and count on you not to have the money afterwards to take him to court.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Hire them at your own risk. My rating is 0. No professionalism and responsibility, I called them to tighten our sump pump PVC connector which was leaking, for that they charged 500$ and cut the PVC pipe outside without even informing me on the other side, when I called them to fix it, they charged me 200$ again, messed up everything, now I have to hire a professional to fix my PVC pipe.

Get buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Seth came out to my house to give a quote for a potential buyer. He admitted that there was a spot or two of mold in my attic (we ALL know that 99% of the homes have some mold). Seth never explained clearly to the buyer that a cleaning is not needed, Long story short is, all he did was extend a stressful situation that could have been headed off before he charged me $360.00 for ten minutes of work. The two guys showed up and never used half of the equipment he said that was needed, they showed up with a bucket, scrub brush and a ladder. What a expensive joke!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We hired Advanta Clean to put in a sump pump 3 years ago. It turned out to be no help at all. We had to keep calling them to come back to fix it for every time it rains we get water. Finally after 10 or so attempt a new person they hired came and said the sump pump was not dug deep enough where the water comes in. After their work they said if there are any problems let us know. Well it rained and water was still coming from the crawl space. So I contacted them. I was told they weren’t doing anymore. Our response was they did it wrong from the onset, didn’t assess it properly from the onset, and promised a guarantee of their work. It was not our fault they didn’t know what they were doing or hurried the job on the onset because that is exactly what happened. So today it is raining a lot. And we water in our basement. I think of how we spent over $3000 and water. We cannot recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Poor service, over priced. Sorry I ever trusted them to handle my mold remediation issue. I am told it was poorly done and over priced. Don't work with them. I expected quality service in a relatively good turn around time period. (Tampa)

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

This company at first seemed very helpful. Had them do work in our crawl space almost a year ago. Fast forward a year and we are selling our house and the inspection finds mold again but no new issues that could have potentially caused it. Called to see if we could get them to come look at it again and informed them we were on a time frame. One week and no call.

Ended up having to have another company come and get told it was due to not being treated thoroughly. Called again to get told the branch that did our services are closed and basically they won’t help us because the nearest branch is over 2 hours away and they would have to “agree” to come out of their service area. Asked for the guy to send our file and request I be contacted. Here we are another week out and no one has bothered to contact me. My advice save your money and look for someone else. We are looking at spending another 2k to refix the issue we paid almost 3k to fix a year ago.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

The inspector I had for a mold inspection on a house I was purchasing was quick, but thorough. When I had first called to schedule the appointment, the customer service was excellent. Estimate for repairs was sent to me the same day.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had AdvantaClean recommended to me by my insurance agent after we had problems with our original restoration company overcharging for drying and their extremely slow and sloppy effort. Unfortunately, our problems did not go away. The most important thing to us was getting the main floor of the house livable (flooring, kitchen back together, and toilet) as quickly as possible - our family of 5 had been living in a hotel for a month at this point! We made it quite clear that speed was first priority! They did clean the mess left by the first company quickly. But, after that, it was delay after delay! We had to find and pay painters ourselves because their painters weren’t available for a week. We ordered the flooring prior to hiring them. And, in spite of having a confirmed delivery date and a promise from the contractor that someone would be able to install them as soon as they were cured, no one was available until a week later.

After several extra days of constant nagging, the contractor found someone (not one of his preferred guys) to “do us a favor” and install after hours. This exact scenario happened again with the kitchen cabinets. We even did all the unboxing of the cabinets ourselves in order to help them “fit us in.” Each time “his guys” weren’t available, despite having several weeks to schedule it. We were made to feel like we were rushing him into doing an inferior job, and he was always doing us a favor by getting someone else to do it. Everything we had ordered arrived on time and they had weeks to schedule! And, again, my family had been living in a hotel for almost 2 months by that point… Our dogs were being boarded! Every day was costing us more and more money and stress!

We also wound up hiring an electrician friend and our own plumber since his guys weren’t available until after we needed them to come (and, there was a significant price difference). Ultimately, we decided to not have AdvantaClean continue on to finish restoring our basement playroom and office. BUT, somehow, the bill we received was almost $4,000 MORE than was originally agreed upon by the insurance adjuster and the contractor. Both the adjuster and I have repeatedly asked AdvantaClean for a more broken down invoice to see where the discrepancy is, but neither of us has gotten anywhere.

Instead, AdvantaClean had a lawyer send us a letter threatening to put a lien on the house if we don’t just pay what they say we owe them. Ultimately, I was given the impression that they feel like they lost money on our job because we didn’t use “their guys” and it was “rushed.” The contractor, Dave, was actually a really nice guy - but, AdvantaClean is really raking us over the coals. Do yourself a favor and look for someone else!

Original review: July 20, 2019

We needed help in our kitchen, and reached out via email to Bobby ** at AdvantaClean in Wexford. Bobby and his son got back to us the very next day and were ready to hear our situation. This father-son team was professional, PROMPT, courteous, and you could tell they genuinely wanted to be the solution to our problem!! They made us feel comfortable right away by being honest with their opinion of what we should do and how they could help. They did EXACTLY what they said they would, and then some. They came back an additional 2 days just to make sure the job was done right. This kind of customer service is rare, and we will recommend them to anyone! They helped us save our kitchen- and if we have any future issues we know EXACTLY who to call! THANK YOU Bob and Bobby!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

If you are having mold issues. Look elsewhere. Extremely unprofessional company here. Dan is an unorganized and scattered mess. He misses appointments, and argues with customers about when to pick up equipment. Overpriced and more hassle than helpful. Look elsewhere. Trust me.

AdvantaClean author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

AdvantaClean has been rapidly expanding across North America with more than 300 offices since 2001. They handle water and mold restoration services for residential, commercial, industrial and government customer.

• Top certification: They are General Services Administration, or "GSA," approved for federal, state and local government jobs.

• Firm-fixed pricing: GSA approval means no-haggle, no-hassle fixed prices based on specific unit rates.

• Maximum geographic coverage: They are able to reach 90 percent of commercial and governmental properties in the United States in less than four hours.

• Storage packing: All property that needs to go into storage during restoration receives full cleaning before going into secure storage.

• Mold prevention: Their water-restoration services eliminate trace moisture, which can produce mold in as little as 24 hours.

• Guaranteed protection: For one year, they provide a full guarantee on all of their materials and workmanship.

AdvantaClean Company Information