Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

11 AdvantaClean Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

The inspector I had for a mold inspection on a house I was purchasing was quick, but thorough. When I had first called to schedule the appointment, the customer service was excellent. Estimate for repairs was sent to me the same day.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I had AdvantaClean recommended to me by my insurance agent after we had problems with our original restoration company overcharging for drying and their extremely slow and sloppy effort. Unfortunately, our problems did not go away. The most important thing to us was getting the main floor of the house livable (flooring, kitchen back together, and toilet) as quickly as possible - our family of 5 had been living in a hotel for a month at this point! We made it quite clear that speed was first priority! They did clean the mess left by the first company quickly. But, after that, it was delay after delay! We had to find and pay painters ourselves because their painters weren’t available for a week. We ordered the flooring prior to hiring them. And, in spite of having a confirmed delivery date and a promise from the contractor that someone would be able to install them as soon as they were cured, no one was available until a week later.

After several extra days of constant nagging, the contractor found someone (not one of his preferred guys) to “do us a favor” and install after hours. This exact scenario happened again with the kitchen cabinets. We even did all the unboxing of the cabinets ourselves in order to help them “fit us in.” Each time “his guys” weren’t available, despite having several weeks to schedule it. We were made to feel like we were rushing him into doing an inferior job, and he was always doing us a favor by getting someone else to do it. Everything we had ordered arrived on time and they had weeks to schedule! And, again, my family had been living in a hotel for almost 2 months by that point… Our dogs were being boarded! Every day was costing us more and more money and stress!

We also wound up hiring an electrician friend and our own plumber since his guys weren’t available until after we needed them to come (and, there was a significant price difference). Ultimately, we decided to not have AdvantaClean continue on to finish restoring our basement playroom and office. BUT, somehow, the bill we received was almost $4,000 MORE than was originally agreed upon by the insurance adjuster and the contractor. Both the adjuster and I have repeatedly asked AdvantaClean for a more broken down invoice to see where the discrepancy is, but neither of us has gotten anywhere.

Instead, AdvantaClean had a lawyer send us a letter threatening to put a lien on the house if we don’t just pay what they say we owe them. Ultimately, I was given the impression that they feel like they lost money on our job because we didn’t use “their guys” and it was “rushed.” The contractor, Dave, was actually a really nice guy - but, AdvantaClean is really raking us over the coals. Do yourself a favor and look for someone else!

Get expert buying tips about Fire and Water Damage Restoration delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2019

We needed help in our kitchen, and reached out via email to Bobby ** at AdvantaClean in Wexford. Bobby and his son got back to us the very next day and were ready to hear our situation. This father-son team was professional, PROMPT, courteous, and you could tell they genuinely wanted to be the solution to our problem!! They made us feel comfortable right away by being honest with their opinion of what we should do and how they could help. They did EXACTLY what they said they would, and then some. They came back an additional 2 days just to make sure the job was done right. This kind of customer service is rare, and we will recommend them to anyone! They helped us save our kitchen- and if we have any future issues we know EXACTLY who to call! THANK YOU Bob and Bobby!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

If you are having mold issues. Look elsewhere. Extremely unprofessional company here. Dan is an unorganized and scattered mess. He misses appointments, and argues with customers about when to pick up equipment. Overpriced and more hassle than helpful. Look elsewhere. Trust me.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Called due to a serious mold problem due to a leaking roof. Secretary was very nice and estimator came out the following week. Never heard from them again! I called about 2 weeks later and they took all of my information again. Never heard from them again. Worthless!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AdvantaClean?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Decided to have our crawl space sealed with base floor coverings. Called ADVANTACLEAN to give us a quote on sealing our crawl space. Quote was given by Brandon as requested. We thought the pricing was fair so we made an appointment to get the work done. The ADVANTACLEAN crew showed up promptly as scheduled. Brandon (the boss) showed up with the other two crewmen and they performed their task together. I was very surprised at the overall attitude everyone had. All pumped up and great attitudes. I "Highly" recommend ADVANTACLEAN to anyone in the need of crawl space sealing. Thanks so much for a job well done boys.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

If you are looking for stellar service in the area of residential mold remediation, look no further than AdvantaClean Midwest! AdvantaClean.com. My technicians (Jose ** & Kyle) are some of the hardest workers that I have seen in a long time. I had a very serious mold problem in the crawl space of my home. It was causing me to have severe headaches, runny eyes, and respiratory problems.

When they began work on my home, they put me at ease by letting me know, "not to worry that they would take care of the problem". They were absolutely correct! The very first day after they started to work, I noticed a marked change from what they had accomplished after only one day. I was actually able to sleep through the entire night without waking up and without a major mold headache incidence. These two individuals left a marked impression on me and were most professional and knowledgeable in their field. They spoke to me in layman's terms that even a total beginner that knew nothing about mold would understand. They are definitely a credit to the company that they represent. I would wholeheartedly recommend this company - and in particular these two representatives.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My house was a mess as a sewer-line broke. I quickly made an appointment. After speaking and agreeing with Brandon 2 men took over with the clean up (which included water and mold remediation services). They were on time the time they said they would be (early), courteous, and very professional; they did an amazing clean up that was much quicker than I expected. I would highly recommend this company with the unfortunate problem I had.

Original review: June 24, 2016

They were very considerate and listened to my explanation of the damage aside from the assessment - tried to accommodate our wishes as best as possible, better than I expected. Of course when things like that happen you're going to feel misplaced and inconvenienced however they were very reassuring. We made the best of a bad situation with their assistance and diligent work. They were very thorough and listened. Also did quality work, well planned. Before they started they explained the process and made us feel better. It was clean so I couldn't complain. Glad I had did an excellent job coverage. If not would have cost a small fortune.

Original review: June 21, 2016

I would recommend to everyone this service because they are very honest and they share useful advice. They answer you at every question you have and they guarantee their products. Its inspection process was very good. I saw it and I was thinking I was so lucky to have a product like that. Plus I enjoy a lot the customer service they had. It is such a good product for the value it has. I would sincerely recommend it to every person in need. It deserves every money I spent on it because it really helped me.

AdvantaClean expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AdvantaClean has been rapidly expanding across North America with more than 300 offices since 2001. They handle water and mold restoration services for residential, commercial, industrial and government customer.

• Top certification: They are General Services Administration, or "GSA," approved for federal, state and local government jobs.

• Firm-fixed pricing: GSA approval means no-haggle, no-hassle fixed prices based on specific unit rates.

• Maximum geographic coverage: They are able to reach 90 percent of commercial and governmental properties in the United States in less than four hours.

• Storage packing: All property that needs to go into storage during restoration receives full cleaning before going into secure storage.

• Mold prevention: Their water-restoration services eliminate trace moisture, which can produce mold in as little as 24 hours.

• Guaranteed protection: For one year, they provide a full guarantee on all of their materials and workmanship.

• Best for: This company is best for those who need the assurance of restoration experience, businesses and government and non-profits.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs