2.53/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

17 Swift Capital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2018

Am a small business owner in CT. I pulled the trigger on a loan with Swift about 2 years ago. Now mind you I never missed a single payment or was a single day late. Well my 1st loan is getting to the end and they sell me on another loan. To be fair Kurt ** who sold me the loan is an nice and honest dude I feel who is with the wrong bunch of people... during my initial loan with Swift I must have received, No lie like 25 offers for cash advance in that 10 month period... But I actually liked Kurt and trusted him so I got a 2nd loan and paid it off like clockwork for the 2nd time. Not a day late or a dollar short. I'm thinking I'm building a nice relationship with this company. Yes rates are through the nose but it's helping me.

So to cut to the chase I get a 3rd loan and 6 weeks into the loan I see a bump in the road coming. So what do I do? I am proactive and call them letting them know my situation in advance. Telling them the people who purchased the flooring that I sold were not sending me my bank wire right away...but would anytime. I spoke with Chris initially around the 5th of July. He said he had my account and seemed fine with everything. The end of that week my account was given to Omar. I spoke with Omar several times.

On or around July 12th I spoke with Omar and showed him an email from the hotel ownership that I should be paid in full by August 1st. I then told him that Swift would be caught up 100% by then. His response was "Great, just keep me posted". Well that Sunday July 15th I get an email from Square my credit card processing company saying that a UCC-1 lien was placed on their account and all money owed needs to go to Swift right away. I'm Livid.

So on Monday the 16th I call Swift to speak with Omar. He's not answering so I leave him a message. I then call another Swift number, a female named Kara answered the phone and tells me she can help me (Extremely rude and condescending BTW). She tells me she has the account now and that liens not only have been placed with Square but with all my accounts. Some customers I have had for 20 years. I asked her several questions, 1 big question was why was this trigger pulled on me so quickly when last Thursday I spoke with Omar and he sounded fine with everything.

I then asked her a question on the legality of what they did. She said she needed to ask her supervisor in the legal department and put me on hold. This was approx 11am on Monday morning the 16th of July, 2018. 30 seconds later after listening to hold music the phone was ringing in my ear. The call went to Kara's Voicemail where I left a message asking her to call me back. I waited a half hour later and called again, no answer, an hour and called back no answer or return calls. Did this 6-7 times all day and nothing. By 6 pm I was fuming!! 1st thing Tuesday Morning I called and Kara rudely answered and said she could not talk and that the account was turned over to a lawyer. Unreal!!! Folks I'm a customer who paid off 2 loans and was never late. They must of made 30-50k minimum in interest alone off me.

My honest opinion of this is that Swift inadvertently threw my account in with a bunch of bad apples and once the bell was rung they just went with it. Knowing what they did was unethical and illegal. The Fair Debt Collection Practice Act has clear guidelines regarding both in notification and contact with business owners before the placement of a lien. I went from July 12th speaking great with Omar to July 15th liens being placed to Tuesday July 17th to my account being with a lawyer. Zero heads up of any kind!!! These people have embarrassed me in front of my customers and have obviously have no regard for my business or statutes in place...no wonder these loans are unregulated!! Please do yourself a favor and run the other direction!!!

Original review: April 25, 2018

My account went into collection, after the account was closed they continued taking my monthly payment. When I contacted Swift they claim that they have not pulled any payments since it was closed. Too bad my account transactions say different. Now trying to get my money back and blocked them from making any further withdrawal. Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!!!

Get expert buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2018

LoanBuilder a PayPal Company - In the beginning the process of applying for capital seemed quite effortless; however, this would soon not be true as there were many more, unforeseen hoops to jump through. All of our troubles started with the assisting agent making a single, solitary mistake: he failed to send the contract to the correct email. As a result of this, our loan process began to unravel at a comedic rate.

First they wanted me to sign a new contract (as the other one, was now voided); however, to add insult to the growing injuries, they now wanted to verify my identity because it was now in question (as if any email address can verify an identity), so I had to send them a copy of my driver's license, a voided check for our business, from the correct email. Done. However, my signature did not match the one on my driver's license (yes, it was not exactly the same and so another red flag was created), so now, they wanted me to redo the contract signature with what they call a "wet" signature to prove my handwriting, and get verification of my identity from my bank (at my cost for a notary public). The irony of all of this: if the email had been correct, they would have assumed that I was in fact who I said I was without any further issues and there would have been no complications.

In spite of my driver's license, my bank statements, my business phone number (which they called repeatedly), my voided business check; they still wanted further proof of my identity. The level of professionalism is appalling, as well as the audacious procedures that they say were for my own protection (remember, if the email had been correct we would have avoided all these issues without any further ado), and the fact that no supervisor called to speak with me once I told our representative John ** (who was too new for this level of finance), that we have decided it isn't worth the agony or my time. Keep in mind, I was approved for a $25,000.00 loan to be paid weekly over 52 weeks...with a finance charge of $6,800.00. I believed initially that while this was very expensive, it would be worth it for our business and our business credit.

I am completely unimpressed with PayPal's new loan company (it is as disastrous as PayPal was in the beginning...and arguably somewhat still is). If you can avoid the use of PayPal's new company, for a business loan, definitely do your best to avoid it! I understand that times can be hard and you just need to get non-traditional financing, but head to a credit union and speak with them directly.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Do not do business with this company. If you need working capital, they charge you 100% of the interest up front. Don't be fooled by their ** terminology "Discount Fee" etc. or "Fixed Cost of Capital". Regardless of whether or not pay the loan off in a week or in a year, you're stuck with an INSANELY high interest. Then, if you decide to renew the loan, they charge you a new "Fee" based on the loan you took out, which means you're paying interest on interest. My cost of capital came to 50%. If you need a loan, go elsewhere, these ** SUCK.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Be aware of the fine print and do not listen to talking points of their salesperson. Kirah was my representative and now denies most of the talking points she uses to sell the product. Swift is a last resort lender and you should be aware that they will damage your company with UCC filings. They secure their interest by filing UCC for the full amount of their loan. They also do not stand behind their offer to discount for early payment. Again it's only a talking point and You must include in loan agreement if you want this privilege. Last is the talking point "we will agree to loan more money if needed". This will come at a double cost even if you meet all of the obligations of the agreement. Be aware of Kirah!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Swift Capital?

Original review: April 12, 2017

The application process was very easy and simple. No over-the-top hoops to jump through or anything like that - the application process is precise and swift. While the machines are discouraging in the beginning, once you get talking to an actual representative, they are very helpful and polite, and, most importantly, educated in their line of work. The online tools were very helpful for me. I'm not that great with technology and everything, but Swift Capital's website and online tools were very easy to navigate and use. Also, the rates are quite fair and the terms easy to understand. There's no underlying or hidden fees nor any kind of trickery going on, which can be a huge worry for a lot of people when attempting to receive a loan.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I find Swift Capital to be fair, easy and actually looks at the customer individually and assesses what kind of rates based on all factors not just only a few. I applied online and then I had them run a credit check. After this was done they asked me more identity verification questions and then at the end gave me a more than fair interest rate in my opinions. My rates and terms were to get a 5,000 loan with a 12 Percent interest rate and afterwards I would pay back a minimum payments of $250 each month. If I was late on my payments I would have to get penalized. Everything you could want is on their online site. With even the right amount of info you would need to assess if this is the right company for your unique and particular situation. For me it was very good.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I did not think customer support was the best. They were kinda rude to me, and seemed to want to hurry me through the process so that they could get on to the next person. The application process was alright. It took a very long time to fill out, because they wanted practically my whole life story. Their rates and terms seemed fair enough for what it was. Rates were affordable if you have a lot of money. The online tools were very helpful and very easy to navigate through, made the process a lot easier to complete, were not dull and boring, easy to get through, understand and useful in the process.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

They were helpful to a certain extent, but one or two of them got extremely rude with me when I didn't quite understand what they were saying. Part of my experience was very confusing; they were asking for some of the most detailed stuff and there's only so much information you need for a loan. They had some reasonable demands and policies. Their online tools were extremely easy to use and navigate; not confusing at all. It was nice finding people who used the online process so well when a lot of other companies don't.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

Customer service was excellent. All my queries were handled very well and honestly. They clarify everything very well on terms and conditions and were very knowledgeable on the subject matter. Very helpful employees. All processes were moved quickly after submitting applications and required papers. Hassle-free assistance and quick approval. Rates are not very impressive but still thinking of customer service they provided, working with Swift Capital is easy and hassle-free. Swift Capital has easy and user-friendly online tools. It's quite easy to access information on loans, available rates, and other information. It's quite quick and easy access account and managing it online.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

Totally sucks - they should try harder to help you but to them it's just a job. I opened a business with the loan anyways so no big deal but the rates were crazy. Again my representative wasn't very helpful. When I had questions she didn't really give a clear answer. Terms were iffy - you really need to read the fine print. The rates were what I expected but still awfully high. It's a shame they don't make these thing affordable.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

They got the job done. They were courteous and helpful during the process. I had no major problems in dealing with the customer support. The application process was normal, I think. They provided guidance when needed and helped me throughout the process. It did not seem to take excessively long. The rates and terms were good. The rates and terms were competitive with other lender's rates and terms. No complaints from me about their rates and terms.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

When business got slow and I needed help delaying my loan payments there was a helpful staff ready provide me with several solutions to the problem till I eventually got back on track. My whole process was done online and over the phone, made for less of a personal touch but it was fast and convenient which is what I needed for my situation at the time. Rates were VERY reasonable and competitive with other lenders. I was provided with several comparisons before agreeing to the terms of the loan. It was all done online. Any tool or assistance required was right at my fingertips through the entire process, made things move quickly and seamless as I progressed through the process.

Original review: June 16, 2016

Got wonderful service and it made my life more easy and comfortable and gave confidence to do things on my own. Felt at ease after using this service. It was so easy to apply and didn't take much time to complete and get the money approved. I would highly recommend others using this one.

Original review: March 25, 2016

They got the job done. They were courteous and helpful during the process. I had no major problems in dealing with the customer support. The application process was normal, I think. They provided guidance when needed and helped me throughout the process. It did not seem to take excessively long. The rates and terms were good. The rates and terms were competitive with other lenders' rates and terms.

Original review: March 9, 2016

Customer service was excellent. All my queries were handled very well and honestly. They clarify everything very well on terms and conditions and were very knowledgeable on the subject matter. Very helpful employees. All processes were moved quickly after submitting applications and required papers. Hassle-free assistance and quick approval. Rates are not very impressive but still thinking of customer service they provided, working with Swift Capital is easy and hassle free. Swift Capital has easy and user-friendly online tools. It's quite easy to access information on loans, available rates and other information. It's quite quick and easy access account and managing it online.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

I got a business loan to open up a new facility. I wanted to just purchase the building and update the space. I was deciding between a place that could provide health classes or fitness facility. I decided on a fitness facility. I had to install floors and equipment throughout the facility as well as make sure I comply with all guidelines. I got a business loan for the facility as far as the building and I took out another loan and received donations for all the equipment that I was needing.

Not sure about Swift Capital?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Business Loans for you.

Swift Capital expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Swift Capital believes that worthy businesses are often denied funding based on personal credit scores. Swift funds business needs based on the strength of the firm, not on personal credit scores. The firm uses data and technology to streamline the lending experience and connect business owners with funding sources.

• Products: Swift offers a variety of types business loans from their lender network.

• Interest rates: Special best price guarantee. Swift promises that if borrower receives a better offer elsewhere, they will beat it or pay the borrower $500. As of April, 2016, interest rates are available as low as 9.9 percent.

• Service: Funding experts are accessible from 8am to 8pm daily. Qualified borrowers may have access to $10,000 within one hour.

• Borrower qualifications: Swift considers borrower cash flow and health of business, not personal credit score or additional collateral. To apply, the borrower provides average monthly sales figures and identifying business and personal tax ID numbers. The borrower may need to offer bank statements as well.

• Fast approval process: The qualification decision is granted immediately, and funding may occur as quickly as within one day.

• Loan limits: Loans available from $5,000 to $500,000.

• Repayment options: Repayment is set up via automatic checking account deductions. Payments are deducted either daily or weekly.

• Best for: Small and mid-sized businesses.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg

DE
19810
www.swiftcapital.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business