4.1/5 (351 ratings)

About SmartBiz Loans

SmartBiz Loans is the #1 online marketplace for SBA loans, providing the right loan at the right time for your small business. SBA loans from SmartBiz marketplace banks can be used for debt refinance, working capital, and commercial real estate purchases or refinance. About 90% of the applications referred to SmartBiz marketplace banks are approved. With low-rates, long terms, and very low monthly payments, SBA loans are known as the “gold standard” and help businesses across America expand and save money.

SmartBiz Loans Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmartBiz Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmartBiz Loans?

Original review: May 15, 2020

I applied at CenterState and SmartBiz handled the PPP loan. The application was fine and it seemed straightforward. Also, getting the loan was helpful so, I was glad that we’re able to process it so quickly.

Original review: May 9, 2020

My application with SmartBiz was probably one of the best or easiest and most comprehensive ones that I filled out in a while that are online. They did a good job. I did a paycheck protection plan loan and their people were very good. At first, nobody knew what was going on but then I started to have an email conversation with a person and it went really well. It was really easy and that person got back to me right away. It was a very good experience. It was a seamless process and a great online presence. This is the first dealing I've had with SmartBiz and they have affected my business in a very positive way.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I was looking online for small business loans. SmartBiz had good reviews so I tried them out. The reps were really good. They answered all my questions and they were really good to get back to me when I needed them. We’re out in a rural area so they had a hard time locating us. But it wasn’t really anything on their part. It was just a lot of the steps. The biggest thing was when we got approved and it went through, they had the wrong account numbers on a couple of the accounts that they were paying off. So, the one Funding Circle payment got sent to them, but then it got refunded and sent back to me because it didn’t have the right account number on it. But it all got taken care of and it all got paid off. Everything went really well.

Original review: March 16, 2020

SmartBiz Loans seemed to have a better portfolio of lending options than some of the other providers, which was why I took a small business loan from them. I also found their people to be very professional and helpful. Applying was very easy and from start to finish, it took less than three weeks, which was speedy. They got me the funding that I was looking for very quickly. It was an excellent experience.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I received a phone call from SmartBiz Loans and Miguel was pretty knowledgeable and persistent. If I was busy, I asked him to call back another day. I did that about four times. I also looked up their profile and it seemed legit. I took a loan for a small business. I do a combination of a fish market/soul food with fried fish. Everything is strictly to go, but I'm in Brooklyn and things are getting really expensive. I need to rephase and do a lot.

The application process was cool. Everybody was knowledgeable and straightforward. I didn't mind the questions, but the rep didn't mind me blowing him off and saying, "I gotta speak to my accountant. I don't know what you're saying. My accountant has to send it to you." With the other company, I felt that if I couldn't get to it, it becomes real pushy. With SmartBiz Loans, I didn't feel like I was being pushed around in any way.

The process took less than two months. The rep told me that the longest process was me giving my information in. He said that once it was in, it went out to the underwriter and then the rest was history. The bank would call me and everything was there. In the beginning, I was concerned about a fee. When I spoke to my accountant and he said that I gotta pay for the service and that I never sit down at a bank and avoid a fee. So I felt comfortable with the fee, even though some friends that run businesses said that I couldn't keep paying a fee. It was well worth it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

We needed to get the funding for our business so I looked into SmartBiz. They’re really easy to work with. It was sending a lot of documents which they made really easy by uploading things. Camille helped us through and made it in a timely manner. The whole process took a little over 30 days. We were able to purchase some new stuff and pay our wonderful taxes that the government loves to give us for the year.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

The small loan company that I was going through for my high-interest rate loan told me about SmartBiz. They then did debt consolidation and the equipment upgrade for me. The process was very simple and the lady rep I dealt with was excellent. Uploading the required documents was nothing very difficult. The rep sent me samples of balance sheets and tutorial paperwork, and then a blank paperwork to get filled out to do the work. I, however, wasn't very educated on it and at the end, where I continued to use credit card to pay bills, it dropped my credit score. So, the first round was not too good, but after she taught me everything I needed to do, the second round went straight through.

I have been trying to get this loan forever. I did all this stuff in 2002 on my own, so I did not know anything about building business credit. So, this company was very educational and they helped in what I needed to do. My life changed in the second they paid off all those high-risk loans and put the change in the bank. Someone is literally on the phone with SmartBiz right now that I recommended, and he and I are going to end up being business partners.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

We were seeking for a consolidation and capital. SmartBiz had really good rates at the time, and it seemed pretty straightforward and simple with them. Uploading the required documents was very easy and secured. The representative was able to answer all of our questions that we had and check on things if we thought things were taking a little longer than we thought. He was on top of it.

We had holidays thrown into it, so it took about two months, which was a little longer than we were expecting. We started it right at the beginning of November and then we ended right at the new year, on the 2nd. But it was a seamless experience. They asked for everything. There was nothing hidden. It was all upfront, so it was really nice. We received an SBA loan and it has definitely given us the opportunity to pay some things off, save some money and look forward to growing our business. We would use them again.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I researched online for small business loans and SmartBiz Loans populated on Google. Having to upload the required documents to them was really helpful. It was great. That was better than emailing things. The first loan officer I dealt with was Ted, and then the one that finished was Mandy. It looks like Ted moved to another location. But both of them did a great job. I received a working capital loan from them and the whole loan process took about a month. Working with SmartBiz really helped the business. They were very helpful and everything worked out good.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I work with an independent loan officer who connected me to SmartBiz. I got a three-year term loan. I filled out an application, and they recommended the options, and made the process. They did all of the work on that. The entire process took about three weeks. The cost to do it was a little bit high, but the process was fine. I worked with Pamela, and she was responsive.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I got a loan from SmartBiz. It seemed like they were gonna be easy to deal with whereas a lot of the banks wanted a lot of paperwork done. I don’t have time for that crap. Applying, even though it seemed like it was gonna be easier, was kind of a pain in the neck. It was almost like, “Give me this. Now, give me this. That’s all we need. Oh! I need this.” It was so aggravating. Then we had to haggle with them about the rate ‘cause it was a bit high. They are a bit proud of their services. But we got that taken care of and the experience was mostly good. The guy that was helping us was fantastic. The things that annoyed me weren’t his fault. There was stuff he was being told to get. But it could all have been handled on day one.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Applying and receiving financing from SmartBiz was a very good experience. The rep was nice to me even if I was kinda mean to him. The process went fairly easy and the reps always kept me up to date on stuff.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

SmartBiz was transparent with what they were trying to sell me and the way the handled the lending process for an SBA loan was phenomenal. Their reps are great. Going with SmartBiz has helped us take our business to the next level. They did an amazing job.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I got an SBA loan through First Home Bank from SmartBiz. I got on with their rep, Skylar who was nice and things started clicking. She was great to work with and was relatively attentive. She has a busy schedule and we didn't connect as much as I would've liked via phone, but she was always available via email. I'd recommend SmartBiz. Through them, we are able to consolidate some debt and purchase additional equipment that has catapulted us to the next level of business.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We applied for an SBA loan with SmartBiz and their team was very thorough and helpful. Our experience was pretty good and everything worked out the way it should. It has made things easier here for at least the time being.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I was looking into expanding our business and my son referred me to SmartBiz. A lot of companies don't provide the SBA loan so I decided to go through SmartBiz. It was a great experience. The consultant always returned my phone call as soon as possible and the loan officer's assistant did an awesome job. There was a lot of documentation to get and put together and they assisted me in that effort. Getting approved was relatively easy and the rate was good. It was 7% and it was a 10-year term.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I was trying to gain some business from another lender and they initially declined but suggested SmartBiz. And SmartBiz was great. They were very cordial and prompt. The customer service was hands down really great. We had some back and forth on some documents. They had to secure the loan through another company, and that company backed out. So I had to come up with some stuff, and I had to redo some things. I’m trying to run a business and grow, and every minute matters for me because I’m that small. I lost a little money with all the time and energy involved in doing it. It was real frustrating, but all in all, it was a pretty decent experience. It was a little aggravating, but it’s okay. We’re done.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

SmartBiz Loans got back with us first when we inquired, and so they're who we dealt with for a SBA loan. Everything went well in the process of applying and receiving the financing. It took a little time, about 3 weeks, but that’s to be expected. I also had great interaction with their team. All in all, working with SmartBiz has made a big difference for us. We worked with a guy by the name of Manish who was very helpful and a big deal. It really helped us.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I received an SBA loan from SmartBiz. Their platform was the easiest to use. And the process of applying and receiving the financing was very easy. They have impacted my life in a positive way, and I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Having SmartBiz Loans on my team helped me and they were easy to work with. I got an SBA loan and the application process was very simple. I did the application, they asked for more information, I gave it to them and I was done.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

We applied for an SBA loan and it was extremely easy to upload the documents. The entire process took 3 to 4 weeks. There were some ownership changes and some characteristics with our business that were a little unique. Things were happening as we were going through the process, so the delays were outside factors. The rep was instrumental in getting us approved for the loan and the support we were provided had a positive impact on us. It was a rather large cash injection and it helped us sleep a little bit easier at night. We were working with others, and SmartBiz moved us through the process a little quicker and easier. We're very satisfied.

Dear Patrick,

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on your SmartBiz experience. We're thrilled you found the process smooth and streamlined. Best of luck to you and your business in the future!

The SmartBiz Team

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

We were looking for operating capital at a rate that was cheaper than credit cards or PayPal, where we were borrowing money from. I was on the internet searching around for various things, reading articles and I came across SmartBiz Loans. I submitted an inquiry and they got back to me pretty quickly. We talked and they explained how they shepherd through the SBA loans which are often a lot of legwork. We had never applied for one, so we decided to engage them to see if they could help us get one.

They were very attentive and kept track of where we were. They also seemed to know some of the tricks of the trade to be able to expedite the loan more quickly by giving us advice on the kinds of things that would help on our application. So far, we got a $100,000 loan for operating capital, which makes it easier for us to do business. SmartBiz Loans was worth investigating because for us, they did a good job. They were very efficient and helped us achieve the goals we had set. I found working with them to be very good, so I would certainly recommend them to other people.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

SmartBiz is very prompt, and they're very good with the customer service. I got a business loan from them and the process was easy. Uploading the required documents was good, too.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I was looking for consolidation and went with SmartBiz for lower monthly payment and lower rate. The business loan was relatively easy to apply for. It was a month-long process which I understand, but a lot of the information that they asked for was redundant. They asked us to have a workman's comp policy for insurance which was not really necessary, and we did not do that.

It was good dealing with the SmartBiz team, but I constantly had to come up with a different document. I own a very busy bed and breakfast, so time is of the essence. When I'm constantly having to run around trying to come up with documents or get in touch with my accountant to get more documents, it would have been a lot easier if everything was listed for me to get at one time. I could have gotten it, given it and then done. But uploading the documents is very easy. Overall, it was a very good experience. Working with SmartBiz has given me a little bit less stress as far as having to worry about high-interest rates on the previous loans and having to come up with funds that I've had a hard time coming up with for the higher payment each month.

SmartBiz Loans response

Thank you for your review of SmartBiz Loans. We know how busy business owners are and appreciate your time!

We are so glad that you found uploading documents easy and that you had a very good experience overall.

Best of luck to you and your business,

The SmartBiz Team

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I needed financing for our business and used SmartBiz as their reviews were top-notch. It's just that the process of getting small business administration loan sucks and it has numerous steps. But that’s not SmartBiz. SmartBiz helped into prequalifying and then from there, it was looking over the documents and getting everything organized and correct. They were phenomenal at it and uploading the required documents was a piece of pie. Their team members were excellent, were there to answer any questions, discuss what I needed, and they could explain why certain things had to go certain ways. The small business administration turned things upside down, but we’re in pretty good shape now.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

My experience with SmartBiz Loans was really good and Neil, the rep, was kind, patient and everything worked out for my business. So, I appreciated his services. I got a loan five years ago for my business through another loan person, and he placed me with SmartBiz. It worked really good for my SBA. When they had an automatic underwriting system in place, where it does a free quote, that was a lot better for me too and it was one of the things that I liked with them.

The process of applying and receiving the financing took a little while and if the process was a little faster, that would have been great. Uploading the documents was good. It’s up-to-date and it’s the way everything is being done nowadays. Also, it appears that SmartBiz is short of staff. So, because of that, the process may be a little slower than what it could be though they have a potential to be faster. But other than that, it was a pretty good experience. SmartBiz is efficient and I will recommend or refer associate or peers in the industry to pick them out.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

You can get resources for SBA loans through the government’s website. You just fill out your information and then, it matches you with lenders who are in the area or who are on their list. SmartBiz Loans ended up being one of those listed so I just reached out. They were on point as far as communication and they could reach out to a lot of different lenders and banks as opposed to almost everybody I talked to who was just like a one-on-one lending option. SmartBiz had multiple resources. The initial application was online and then, a couple of phone calls to dig into it after that. Everything else was through email and it was quick and seamless. Also, the process of uploading the documents was easy.

Kevin, the person who was on our account, was awesome and an asset to their company. The communication was phenomenal and he helped with anything that we needed along the way. He was also very clear about the whole process. He was quick to answer any questions we had. We were in a financial crunch and dealing with a lot of stresses with that, and the quickness of how SmartBiz Loans handled everything definitely saved our butts. Overall, the experience was good. We'd definitely work with them again if we ever need anything in the future.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I've been working on an SBA loan for literally years with a variety of different lenders, and SmartBiz was far and away the best experience, and able to get our loan closed! We were able to get a loan larger than we expected, and for an excellent rate. Hayden, our account executive, went very far beyond the call of duty to get the loan closed, including texting me back with info on the last night before closing at 10 PM when he was out sick! He patiently walked us through a myriad of documents requirements, and stuck with us during a long and arduous process. Thanks Hayden, and thanks SmartBiz - you are truly a business lifeline!

Lian,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave your fantastic review. Hayden and our entire team are thrilled that you received a loan amount that fits your needs. You’ve designed a revolutionary product and we have no doubt you’ll achieve all of your business goals. We wish you the best of luck!

Original review: July 18, 2019

I applied somewhere and they referred my application to SmartBiz. If you look at the process of SmartBiz, it’s streamlined. It's very smooth and clear. When I did an SBA loan with them, they called me saying they received my application. They asked me for the documentation that I needed to get the process going. The officer I dealt with was a nice guy and working with SmartBiz was great. I have somebody I could depend upon and I really, really, really like the business. The loan that I got from them allowed me to get the business going because we have a lot of unpaid bills. We have a lot of customers that pay maybe 3 or 4 months after we start providing the job. The loan has allowed me to continue doing the payroll and recruiting more workers. It’s a really, really, really useful loan that I have.

Original review: July 16, 2019

My husband talked to a lady online named Wendy who started the paperwork through SmartBiz. We got a SBA 7(a) loan. There was a ton of paperwork. But other than that, it was very easy. However, it would also be nice if they kept in a little better communication. Like when I’d send the email, it would take a day and a half for them to two days to get back. Nevertheless, SmartBiz was a good experience. I learned a lot and the loan made life easier.

SmartBiz Loans Company Information