2. Finance
  3. Business Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.90/5

Seek Capital is a business investment firm headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Seek Capital specializes in funding for start-ups and small business owners however they also offer additional products such as a comprehensive viability assessment and business planning services among others.

Not just for business owners, Seek Capital also offers mortgage lending services to those seeking homeownership. Once an application has been submitted, consumers should expect a response within 24-hours; If approved, funding is wired same-day.

Are you a sole proprietor?

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Are you a sole proprietor?

See quotes from top insurers on Simply Business

Get my quote

Seek Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seek Capital?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Seek Capital?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Don't let this company scam you!!! They are all scammers. They tell you that they can get you funding for your business, but only get you personal credit cards that you can apply for yourself. They have you thinking that they're applying for funding from a bank and get a whole lot of inquiries on your credit report that make it hard to get approved for anything afterwards. Please don't sign any paper or initial anything. This company is bad news. Stay far away from them as possible. They will cause you more harm than good. Please do your research and take your business somewhere else. Seek Capital is a Scam.

Seek Capital response

-Thank you for reaching out with feedback, we strive to provide amazing service to each and every Client and feedback is a critical part of our commitment to continually improve.

Upon receiving your response an internal investigation was conducted on your account including reviewing all call recordings, emails, system notes and signed agreements. Below are the findings;

- As was discussed in detail, your application did not meet the criteria and hence would not be approved for an SBA loan, term loan or line of credit. Your account was approved for credit card based funding, all at 0% APR for the first 12-18 months

- Although credit cards can be applied for by anyone, the Seek Capital matching platform takes all factors of your credit profile, business details and matches you to the correct credit cards to ensure you receive the highest approval amounts at the best rates. To recommend a business owner to simply go and apply to any credit cards is potentially reckless as they have no knowledge if they will be approved or declined, what the rates will be and the approval amounts. This is what the Seek Capital platform handles.

To address your specific concerns:
    - You are correct, all funding does come from national or regional banks, Seek Capital is not a lender

- Any time an application is submitted to a bank for funding, the bank will independently review the credit profile which does leave an inquiry. Inquiries do not make it impossible to get approved for subsequent funding, all lenders will review the credit profile including the inquiries. As per Fico.com you can see that credit inquiries makes up a total of 10% of a credit score

Your comments that Seek Capital is a sc@m and other negative commentary is factually incorrect. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but labelling Seek Capital and all the hard working staff a sc@m is simply rude and unnecessary.

We are truly sorry you did not have a positive experience and if you would like to reach out to your Seek Capital Account Manager and ask to be escalated to a manager, we would be happy to work with you to see what we can do to provide you a better experience.

In Success,

Seek Capital Support

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Went to Seek Capital for a small business loan - cash to purchase a house to flip. Spoke to quite a few different people who assured us we would be able to get financing. No problem. Also, each team member mentioned discounts to their rates and fees. What actually happened was they applied for multiple credit cards in my name and would have kept going after 17 hits on my credit report which dropped my score from over 800 to in the 600's. Never got cash or loan. Only credit - which to get cash would have taken bank transfers and such to the tune of following a detailed script over 12 pages long. So now we have credit cards but no cash for the flip.

Like car salesmen - told us one thing and did something completely different. NOT HAPPY at all - and the fees were over $6500 - which they made me pay before they would advise on how to get cash. NOT professional. Do not let them bully you into signing and then tell you it will all work out - not to worry. Called for hours in the first few days and pressured us to continue. Go somewhere for hard lending money if cash is what you need. Apply for your own credit - this was a scam.

Get buying tips about Business Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2020

Having been through multiple funding applications and being treated like a number each time, I can honestly say it was very refreshing to be treated like a real person. The level of customer service at Seek Capital was A+ and it made all the difference in the world for me.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I was initially promised 40 grand in funding. Seek Capital got me 1700$ in accessible cash, then charged me 1650$. They are very nice and professional at first but will quickly turn rude and seedy. This company applies you for credit cards then tells you of all their partners and affiliates: this is not true. They don’t do anything you can’t do.This company is so shady they will try to rush you through the sign up process. Don’t sign anything with them. You will regret it. Save your $. They simply promised me one thing and didn’t deliver; now I still have to pay them? They say they are success driven but are merely scammers!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Seek Capital Business will keep you on the right track! I had no idea what to expect from them and I was treated with high respect even though most of the time I didn’t know what I was talking about. I was new and they were ready to walk me through everything I needed for my business. I recommend their services to anyone starting out.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

The best I can explain Seek Capital is that they took my personal business goal and my vision and made me feel like it was important to them and that is what makes them different from the rest. I highly recommend them because of their client care and their transparency. Very determined to help and ready to make the process effortless.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I felt like the time it has taken for our start up to come to a point of reality would never come to life! Once we called Seek Capital they directed us to the opportunities we needed to get our business started. Thank you!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Our rep Austin was extremely patient and professional. He understood our needs and coordinated a line of credit that fit into our growing at home business. We are now where we need to be to bring our products to our customers homes quickly.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I can’t thank this company enough. The advisor I worked with was the only person who was able to vision my business plan with me and support me in getting the funding I needed to get going. I’m so glad I found them! They totally understand your situation and they are here to help you to succeed!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

We’ve never utilized this type of loan for our business but we’re also fairly new. It was time and my friend referred us to Seek Business Capital. Everyone was very professional, informative, and knowledgeable. We weren’t rushed and all promises were kept. Thanks!

Seek Capital Company Information