Marlin Business Services Corp.
Get matched with a recommended business loan provider now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 4, 2017

2 Marlin Business Services Corp. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

My concerns are regarding poor customer service handling of my account including theft and proven identity theft (unauthorized use of customer merchandise and bank account charges). I called customer service on several occasions and was directed to someone named Gee **. Gee stated that the place where cars are repossessed is not the same place where personal items left in the vehicles are stored. Personal items are placed in storage at a different location and initial storage fee is $85.00 and $10.00 per day until personal items are recovered.

Gee was able to inform me of the payoff amounts for both vehicles, but directed me to a gentleman responsible for inquiries on personal items storage ** (June **). I have conversed with this gentleman several times. I spoke to him right after hurricane Irma hit in which he stated I owed $365.00 to recover my personal items. I was unable to pay it at that time. I have tried on several occasions to contact June thereafter, but to no avail. I would call, someone would pick-up and then hand the phone over to a female who starts to laugh and then hang up the phone. This has happened repeatedly!!! I called customer service today and mentioned the fraudulent charges and the rep said she would direct me to the dept. that would handle it, but I was left on hold for a very long time.

On October 29, 2017 I received notification via email (Yahoo) that my request for my email account deactivation would be complete. The problem is that I never requested deactivation of my email account. This was a red flag, so I responded or course stating not to cancel my yahoo account. Thankfully, I have a 2-way verification method for my email. June ** tried to get access to my account and was unable to, so she requested deactivation.

On November 2, 2017 I received another Yahoo email notification regarding 2 book purchases for a Kindle devise via Amazon. I do have an Amazon account which is connected to my Chase bank account and debit card on file. I immediately looked on my Amazon account and saw that she changed my Kindles name from Tia to Jura, which is June ** abbreviated. I notified Amazon who cancelled the order and processed a refund back to my card. Amazon also deactivated the Kindle devise and sent me an email of the script of our conversation regarding the fraudulent charges.

Regarding: Title loans through Marlin Financial. Loan#: ** (2017 Chevrolet Camaro) License#:** - Marlin Financial Loan amount $9,500.00 / Ending amount owed $12,012.02. Loan#: ** (2013 Cadillac ATS) License#: ** - Marlin Financial Loan amount $3,800.00 / Ending amount owed $6,762.18. Marlin Financial should not be in business right now. Their products and services are horrible.

Original review: July 21, 2009

I was sold security equipment in case of inherent problems. The equipment has been repaired three times and continues to break down... Marlin Leasing Corp. is the third party lease holder. A paper was given to me on the day of the sale, and I do not ever remember signing. Secondly, I called them so they could help me figure out what to do and they have been rude stating," It is your problem and it cannot be cancel." According to the last repair. The system is out... I have paid $5,000. for equipment that doe not work... I have had it for about 2 years and a half and it worked only for about 8 months. It is broken merchandise.

They gave me a contact number to their vendor that was disconnected. The last two salesman no longer work for the company. They claim that I still owe approx. $7,000. and the equipment is still sitting on the floor. I really pleaded with them to help me remediate or find a solution and they were screaming at me that it is my problem... At this point, they call me every day to my business, my home, my cell phone and they are sending letter to my business and my home. It is becoming a harassment and it is irritating me. That is why I believe America is falling apart. Nobody wants to do their job. According to their lease agreement, I promise to keep and use the equipment in my business, but it does not work and it cannot be repaired.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want

Marlin Business Services Corp. expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Marlin is a publicly held company that provides commercial equipment financing and working capital loans to businesses nationwide.

• Products: Marlin offers four types of funding: vendor financing, equipment financing for business, funding stream business loans and franchise funding.

• Interest rates: Various interest rates available.

• Service: Easy access to Marlin is available by phone or email. Applicants can also complete an online application.

• Borrower qualifications: Available from customer service representative.

• Loan limits: Available from customer service representative.

• Repayment options: Flexible payments and terms. No down payment and fixed monthly payments available.

• Best for: Small and mid-sized businesses, local businesses, expanding businesses and firms seeking equipment leasing funding.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg