Customer Reviews

4.81/5
based on 95 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

My neighbor went with Rollup Awnings, and I saw how much she used her awning in the summer so we decided that we wanted to do it as well. I trusted her opinion since she checked everybody out first and then went with them. So I called Rollup Awnings, then met their sales agent. He went over all the fabrics and its length. I told them exactly what I wanted and ordered it. The process was very easy and quick since I wanted the exact one my neighbor had. The Rollup Awnings team was great.

5.00/5

My Rollup Awning has been great. I went with this them because they made the awnings larger than the other popular one made -- SunSetter didn’t come in the size I needed to cover my deck. I had the length and width and the depth of it customized. My wife and I wanted an electric model, and they had a good selection of fabric for the canvas itself, and we enjoyed it. We chose the one we wanted to and then they came and put it in for us, so it has been good.

5.00/5

We got tired of using just these little umbrellas because they only cover one person. My husband wanted to cover the whole family and in the end, after years, an awning would be cheaper than keep buying these huge umbrellas. The people from Rollup Awnings worked with me and were very kind. I changed my mind a few times and they had no attitude. I had a couple of different customizations that I wanted, which they did and I'm happy with the installation and the process.

5.00/5

We had a large awning put in about 15 years ago and then we installed another one at the back five years ago. When the large one started to pull off the roof, Rollup Awnings had to come in to put some extra tie-downs on it because there was too much tension on the beam. They resolved it within half a day. The awning is not hanging off the side of the house, but it’s actually on a low-slung roof and it’s a fairly large piece. You can’t really leave it out, so you have to really pull it in if you have any kind of increment weather. So over time, this thing started to sag on it. But Rollup Awnings was great and they were very professional in everything they've done. I recommend them to anybody.

5.00/5

We got storm shutters from Rollup Awnings in 1990, then we recently purchased a new unit last year. I called them, they came to the house and measured, then they gave me a quote and we went ahead and did the job. They did a great a job and also have a good quality product. Everything was great in our interactions with the Rollup Awnings team. It was an excellent experience and I highly recommend them. We are very happy and may they continue the good work.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings don't ignore you like a lot of places do when you walk into a store, and purchasing from them was a painless process. I told them the size we needed and I picked out the color. They made it and then they came and installed it. And they had a special when we bought our awning where we got the motor with it. We had no shade in the backyard before, but now we can sit out there in the rain and in the sun. We get the hot afternoon sun and it protects us from that. I also liked that if it gets windy, the awning closes. I don't have to worry about it ripping off the house.

5.00/5

I put in my awnings up and down every year and I didn't want to be putting them up in the spring and taking them down in the winter, so I put rollups up. There is a local dealer that advertised Rollup Awnings so I went there, compared them to a couple of other people, then had them do it. I'm happy I did it with Rollup Awnings and I'd tell others it would be a good decision to go with them.

I have roll-up shutters too that I purchased direct 8 years ago. They're hurricane shutters that roll up and down in front of a lodge, and I put them up myself because it was too complicated for the one that sold me the awnings. Those shutters I had it cut and put up and head them into the soffits in front of the doors so that they weren't visible and then, they come down out of the soffits. It overhang outside the house in case there was some bad weather and down they came. I've had no mechanical malfunctions all the years I've had it, so I'll keep going on there to what they're doing.

5.00/5

I bought this Rollup Awning four to five years ago. We were in the market to get an awning and we went online and checked out who is in that business. We looked at Sunset Awnings then we looked at companies that are local, and Rollup is local to me. They’re out here in Suffolk County. We redid a room in the house that had a large sliding glass door that was going out to the backyard and steps were going out from it. So, we figured it would be a great idea to have an awning out there to protect us from the elements, the sun or whatever. I remember one of the principals came to the house and he had some mechanisms in the trunk of his car that actually showed how the Rollup Awnings mechanically work. And I was very impressed with the mechanical aspect of the Rollup Awnings. It looked like it was really solid made and wasn't flimsy so that the awning itself mechanically would work well.

We picked the design and the material looked like as good quality as I could get anywhere else so it was going to be more expensive, but it looked like you would get what you would pay for. Even though it was more than what we anticipated and wanted to spend, if you wanted to get what you paid for, go for it so we did. They measured and we picked out a pattern. And they put up their product with our choice of cloth on the awning. I've had this thing for years and I've never had to do anything to it accordingly. They gave me a pole to work it manually if I lost power or the remote didn't work, and I've never had to use that. We've been through every season, every winter, every storm, and the awning has been amazing.

Every time I open and pop it up and put it down or pull it back up, I'm saying, “I can't believe this thing is still working." And now it's working like the day they put it in. There's only one disadvantage to it. It was mounted to this side of the house over the stairs and it didn't have a shield over the mounting plate between the mounting plate in the awning so that when it rains, the rain would not go through the awning. But it would actually go through the space between the awning and the mounting. So I had to have somebody help me put up a board up there which works perfectly. So now, no weather comes to this thing at all. It's just a design issue. It's certainly not a flaw in what I bought. If I had to do it all over again, I would say design-wise, it should have a shield over it. But the awning is perfect. My wife and I are very pleased with that awning. And although it was expensive, we’ve got the quality we paid for. It was all good.

5.00/5

We had always had a portable gazebo on our patio. It had gotten quite well-used and we had to replace that so we bought a standard size awning from Rollup Awnings instead and use it as shade while we were outside in the summertime. We had a very nice purchasing experience with them and everything went very well. The people in the office were extremely nice and helpful, and the people that installed it were also very good. I would definitely go back to their company.

5.00/5

When we purchased our home, there was already an awning there. After a couple years, it stopped working so we tried to get it fixed and realized it was easier to replace it. Rollup Awnings was the only provider in our area so we had them come and they were able to choose the fabric for us that would fit. We had a good experience and everything was great.

5.00/5

I bought many years ago an awning from Rollup Awnings and I'm pleased with it. We have a double porch and we put an additional awning on the second half of the porch as well. We liked the person who came and he was knowledgeable. He talked about cleaning the old awning since it was dirty, and they cleaned it too. We wanted a new awning to match the old one and the pattern wasn't being manufactured anymore, but he was able to find some leftover piece so that we were able to match the two awnings. We were very pleased that he went the extra mile and found it for us. The awnings provide shade and we use it all the time when it's sunny. Sometimes, even when we are not outside, we still use it because it shades the house and we don't have to use our air conditioner as much.

5.00/5

I had a contractor put up my awning about 20 years ago but after all that time, the fabric became shabby so I had to replace that and Rollup Awnings was great. They came when they were supposed to and were on time to take it down for me to choose. And they also came on time to install it. They were helpful and I would recommend them.

5.00/5

We’ve had our Rollup awning for 14 years now and we have recommended it over the years to others. It has been replaced at least once and we always called any time we had a problem and they came and fixed it. Everything is okay with our awning and we use it a lot. It’s a very nice thing to have and our friends enjoy it as much as we do on a sunny day.

5.00/5

We had put a new deck on right at the back of my house and an awning looks nice on it. My husband passed the Rollup Awnings store a few times on Long Beach Road and someone else told him that they used them. I only dealt with one gentleman and then there was the work crew that came in and installed it. Everything went fine. They had explained to me to make sure I leave it out when it’s really hot out. And when it’s cold out, bring it in because when it is left out it actually reduces the temperature inside. I absolutely love my awning and it was worth the investment. Even if it was expensive, it's better than to continually buy an umbrella that constantly breaks. The awning is in great shape and I’ve never had to call them to come and repair anything.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings sent a flyer offering to restore my awning if it was bought 10 years ago. Since I had originally used them 10 years ago and although there wasn’t much wrong with it yet, I got it restored. The whole thing was as easy as it could be. Moreover, they knew what they were doing. They came, measured the awning and took it down. Then I selected one from their large selection of patterns. About a week later, I had a new awning. My deck is on the west side, so the awning is perfect and I love it.

5.00/5

Ten years ago, we got tired of the umbrella over the picnic table on the back deck so we decided with the grandkids that we wanted the awning off the house instead. Rollup Awnings came out, gave us an estimate, took measurements and gave us a choice of colors and sizes. We picked the one that we liked and as far as the pattern goes, it was a cooler pattern that comes out and we went with it.

The awning had gotten weathered over the years. Rollup Awning was very helpful especially when I called about having the awning redone again. They came back about before the last summer. They were out here within a couple of days. It took a few days for them to redo the whole thing and upgrade it, and come back and install it again. We had a wind vane on it that we set so that if the wind gets too heavy, the awning will roll up by itself. We also have a remote roll-out and roll-in on it. It's electric. We use it every day in the summertime. Our backyard faces east so every morning before my wife goes to work during the summer, that awning comes down. It stays down until the afternoon when the sun has moved off to the west and now we've got a shadow of the house. We've told a couple of our friends about Rollup Awnings and my cousin has done it as well.

5.00/5

When we first moved in 25 years ago, Rollup Awnings contacted me and they had a fast response. They were very courteous, professional, and they had a decent pricing. We reached out to them again recently to refurbish the awning and someone came over within a couple of days, went through the complete process, and brought materials with him to pick out. And then, they took the old awning and brought it back completely refurbished with the new materials. Everything was perfection. Rollup Awnings expedited everything in time frames. We use it daily in the summertime because it blocks the sun coming in through the sliding glass doors and we also eat out there at nighttime during the summer on the deck. It was was pure satisfaction.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings did an awning for me about 10 years ago, and it lasted so long. I had them replace it with a new fabric because I changed the color scheme of my house, and they did a good job. Their team was very professional and courteous. They were prompt and they did everything that they said they were going to do. The awning works perfectly. When we’re in direct sunlight, it shades us. Rollup Awnings sell high-quality products. They also do what they say they’re going to do and when they say they’re going to be there, they’ll be there.

5.00/5

My deck is very hot. I got an awning about seven years ago and recently, I refurbished. I got the service from Rollup Awnings for my existing awning. My interaction with their team was good. They got it done when they said they were going to and it was timely.

5.00/5

I have two awnings. I have one for years that aged, so I got a new one this summer. I always wanted to get an awning, but I couldn’t afford it because I have 5 kids and I was a single parent so after I retired, I was checking one day and was looking at the price and the type of fabric they had, and the lady was very nice. I was just getting information, and she was patient. Then a week after, I went back and signed up and they came and they measured. Rollup Awnings allows you to choose whatever fabric you want. They also give you different pieces so you can decide on what color you want, and whether you want a plain color or you want stripes. The installers were very nice and they did their job. Everything went beautifully.

The patio that I have does not have a cover. It is a plain patio so that was one of the reasons why I took the rollup one. I can put out the amount of slit I want or if I don’t feel like putting it out one day because it’s cold, I can retract it myself. I also make sure that I roll up my awning if the radio forecasts any high wind. It’s a small piece, so my son takes it out for me and puts it in the garage. I have been extremely satisfied with Rollup Awnings and I recommend them.

5.00/5

We used to have a table in the back with an umbrella on it. When the grandkids came over, the deck was burning their feet, so we decided to go with the awning. Rollup Awnings was the only one I saw at the time. They came over and gave us an estimate. We're a little disappointed in the mounting but it was not their fault. We've had this awning for 10 years now and we also have the remote for the roll up and roll down. We had a water issue one time, where it leaked behind. So, the awning had to be taken down and put it back up again. I'd recommend Rollup Awnings to others. The experience with them was fine and we're very satisfied with their product.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings put the awning in our home over 20 years ago. I went with them because they're here in Holbrook. They’re very nice people, too. Everything was fine and it lasted for about 12 years. This new purchase is my second one. I'm calling them again because it's time to shut this thing down so it's nice and tight for the winter. I also need an adjustment. Overall, my experience with Rollup Awnings was very good and I would recommend them.

5.00/5

I've always wanted an awning but I didn’t think I could have it because of the pitch of the roof and we have a hi-ranch. But we went over to a friend’s house and he had a different house, a ranch, and the way they mounted the awning on the roof made me think that we might be able to do that. My friend told me where he bought it, I went over there and talked to the salesman. The next day, my husband and I went back and the rep demonstrated to us what he had and what materials they used, and we were sold.

The purchasing process was easy and the people were very nice. They explained what they were going to do, they came and measured, and off we went. They did well in addressing the slope of the roof issue. They had these plastics that they put on your roof which makes it higher and it gives it a pitch, not 100% of what you have if it was a regular house. But they did a good job because we have a deck that’s upstairs and we put it on there.

We bought the Rollup Awnings in September at the end of season sale when you always get a little break with what materials they have leftover, and I was extremely happy. We didn’t use the awning all that often because it was late in the season, but we loved it. Next summer, it’ll be a lot more comfortable when the sun comes up and you tend not to want to sit in the sun. The awning will give us a lot more time and we’ll be able to enjoy the deck. It was a great experience with Rollup Awnings and I was completely satisfied from beginning to end.

5.00/5

We needed shade over a part of our patio and the umbrellas we were using were not large enough to cover the area. We wanted to get an awning that would cover the entire patio. We had a presentation made by Rollup Awnings and another company. We decided to go with Rollup Awnings because we liked the presentation of their salesman. They were expensive but the price difference between the one we ended up getting and the other company wasn't huge. Rollup Awnings was more expensive by about $900, but we liked the information that we heard from them. We got a standard-sized awning from them and picked out its color and fabric.

It rained on the first installation appointment we had so they had to reschedule because they couldn't do it in the rain. The person at Rollup Awning who rescheduled it was very nice and the guys who installed it did a good job. They were quick and efficient and were in and out in two hours. The overall quality is pretty good. The motor is very smooth and quiet and the remote control works really well. But we didn't position it all the way at the end of the roof which would have given us a little bit more shade. Instead, we positioned it six inches from the end of the roof. However, it was our decision and other than that, it looks good and works very, very well. I would definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

My wife was in the town and we used to drive by Rollup Awnings. We went to the store and picked out the awning in person. We use it for shade and we're pretty happy with the quality overall.

5.00/5

From start to finish my shopping experience was simply perfect. From the moment my "significant other" and I stepped into the Rollup Awning showroom I was met by a friendly and informative salesman. He led us through the entire process, demonstrated the various awnings available and described what he thought worked best for our backyard. Afterwards he visited our home to take measurements. Bringing the swatches of fabric, he enabled us to take another look to ensure our selection. Then we were visited by a really experienced installer who again took measurements to help clarify how high to place the awning. This was very comforting since we were concerned our awning might be too low due to our crescent shaped window. Finally, two installers completed the job in less than one and one half hours, instead of the anticipated three hours. It looks better than expected and we are delighted to finally have use of our backyard.

5.00/5

I get a lot of sun on my back deck all day long and I've been thinking about purchasing an awning for a few years already. I found Rollup on the web and saw that the awnings they made were of a very high quality and they came in different sizes. Furthermore, they had plenty of samples on display in their showroom for me to look at. That made it so much easier to decide and so I purchased a new automatic awning from them. The awning was exactly how Rollup described it in the showroom. However, when they installed it, it was not retracting completely and was sticking out a couple of inches. Nevertheless, Rollup came back and fixed it, and the awning has been working fine ever since then.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings offered a very good deal and their crew and sales staff were very nice. And so, my husband chose to purchase a new automatic awning from them. Ours is automatic - you press a button and the awning rolls out.

5.00/5

I had a little money saved so I decided to buy a new awning. One of my friends has Rollup Awnings and he has a good experience with it. Their salespeople were very knowledgeable and the showrooms had everything we needed to see. We wanted to have it by Mothers' Day and their people were very helpful. I couldn’t believe how quickly we had everything done. The awning is about 20 feet on the second floor deck, has a remote and it works great. It's very sturdy and heavy duty.

We used to move an umbrella around on the deck in the middle of the day which was crazy. So now, the awning covers the whole deck and we put it out all the time. I was hoping that we’d be able to go out in the rain, but it's really clear that because of the pitch, we can't do that and we won't be able to open the awning in the rain, but otherwise, it's perfect for what we need it for. I love the Rollup Awnings. The quality is perfect, they had a great and professional service and I'm very happy.

5.00/5

I can't be in the sun anymore since I'm on a medication. My backyard is all sun, so we figured an awning was better than an umbrella. We found Rollup Awnings was number one on Long Island. We went with them since with the other company, I would have to order it, then shipped to me, and do it myself. Rollup Awnings has a nice showroom. We went there to see the different colors, and they explained different types and prices. The sales rep was nice and explained everything well.

Then they sent people out and do the installation and they were awesome. They recommended an electrician that could hook up the awning for me and he was good. Everything was perfect. The awning has been installed for a month and it's been great. All I have to do is push a button and it goes right out. Then if it gets windy or rainy, I just bring it right back in. I don't even have to go outside and do anything. Nice and simple. Anybody could use it. I would highly recommend Rollup Awnings.