Customer Reviews

4.72/5
based on 69 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

I got tired of throwing umbrellas out so we purchased an awning and Rollup Awnings was contracted for our development. We had two choices of colors since ours is a townhouse development. It has to be uniform so we had to go with what was decided on years ago. I called Rollup Awnings, the guy came and showed me the colors. I said, "This is what I want. Can you install it?" And that was the end of that. All in all, it was quick and they did great.

5.00/5

We needed shade over a part of our patio and the umbrellas we were using were not large enough to cover the area. We wanted to get an awning that would cover the entire patio. We had a presentation made by Rollup Awnings and another company. We decided to go with Rollup Awnings because we liked the presentation of their salesman. They were expensive but the price difference between the one we ended up getting and the other company wasn't huge. Rollup Awnings was more expensive by about $900, but we liked the information that we heard from them. We got a standard-sized awning from them and picked out its color and fabric.

It rained on the first installation appointment we had so they had to reschedule because they couldn't do it in the rain. The person at Rollup Awning who rescheduled it was very nice and the guys who installed it did a good job. They were quick and efficient and were in and out in two hours. The overall quality is pretty good. The motor is very smooth and quiet and the remote control works really well. But we didn't position it all the way at the end of the roof which would have given us a little bit more shade. Instead, we positioned it six inches from the end of the roof. However, it was our decision and other than that, it looks good and works very, very well. I would definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

My wife was in the town and we used to drive by Rollup Awnings. We went to the store and picked out the awning in person. We use it for shade and we're pretty happy with the quality overall.

5.00/5

From start to finish my shopping experience was simply perfect. From the moment my "significant other" and I stepped into the Rollup Awning showroom I was met by a friendly and informative salesman. He led us through the entire process, demonstrated the various awnings available and described what he thought worked best for our backyard. Afterwards he visited our home to take measurements. Bringing the swatches of fabric, he enabled us to take another look to ensure our selection. Then we were visited by a really experienced installer who again took measurements to help clarify how high to place the awning. This was very comforting since we were concerned our awning might be too low due to our crescent shaped window. Finally, two installers completed the job in less than one and one half hours, instead of the anticipated three hours. It looks better than expected and we are delighted to finally have use of our backyard.

5.00/5

I get a lot of sun on my back deck all day long and I've been thinking about purchasing an awning for a few years already. I found Rollup on the web and saw that the awnings they made were of a very high quality and they came in different sizes. Furthermore, they had plenty of samples on display in their showroom for me to look at. That made it so much easier to decide and so I purchased a new automatic awning from them. The awning was exactly how Rollup described it in the showroom. However, when they installed it, it was not retracting completely and was sticking out a couple of inches. Nevertheless, Rollup came back and fixed it, and the awning has been working fine ever since then.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings offered a very good deal and their crew and sales staff were very nice. And so, my husband chose to purchase a new automatic awning from them. Ours is automatic - you press a button and the awning rolls out.

5.00/5

I had a little money saved so I decided to buy a new awning. One of my friends has Rollup Awnings and he has a good experience with it. Their salespeople were very knowledgeable and the showrooms had everything we needed to see. We wanted to have it by Mothers' Day and their people were very helpful. I couldn’t believe how quickly we had everything done. The awning is about 20 feet on the second floor deck, has a remote and it works great. It's very sturdy and heavy duty.

We used to move an umbrella around on the deck in the middle of the day which was crazy. So now, the awning covers the whole deck and we put it out all the time. I was hoping that we’d be able to go out in the rain, but it's really clear that because of the pitch, we can't do that and we won't be able to open the awning in the rain, but otherwise, it's perfect for what we need it for. I love the Rollup Awnings. The quality is perfect, they had a great and professional service and I'm very happy.

5.00/5

I can't be in the sun anymore since I'm on a medication. My backyard is all sun, so we figured an awning was better than an umbrella. We found Rollup Awnings was number one on Long Island. We went with them since with the other company, I would have to order it, then shipped to me, and do it myself. Rollup Awnings has a nice showroom. We went there to see the different colors, and they explained different types and prices. The sales rep was nice and explained everything well.

Then they sent people out and do the installation and they were awesome. They recommended an electrician that could hook up the awning for me and he was good. Everything was perfect. The awning has been installed for a month and it's been great. All I have to do is push a button and it goes right out. Then if it gets windy or rainy, I just bring it right back in. I don't even have to go outside and do anything. Nice and simple. Anybody could use it. I would highly recommend Rollup Awnings.

5.00/5

We decided it was time to get an awning. We face directly West and it was hot as hell in the summer. We tried umbrellas, but they didn't work as well. So, we basically stopped entertaining here in the hot summer months. I did some research online. Although Rollup Awning was a bit more expensive, it was a better product over SunSetter. I also liked that it is also made on Long Island rather than have it manufactured elsewhere because I live on Long Island. I like the idea of supporting the local economy. And then, I went to the showroom and thought they were professional there too.

The installation is a 4 step process. Step one was getting them out here to do the measurement. They had to come to look at the house to see how they could put the awning up. Step two was the electrician having to move a light. The only downside was that they said they were going to have an electrician call me. I waited a week or so after we made the deal and signed the contract and I hadn't heard from anybody, either from Rollup or the electrician. So, I called Rollup back and they were apologetic and they said they'd be out and then they came. Step three was the awning installation itself. And then step four was having the electrician to come out the second time to supply the electricity. The last was definitely done in one day.

The installation was a bit more pricey than I was expecting. They said, "Well, we have this fabric that's now manufacturer discontinued, so you can save yourself $200 if you like that." Well, it had a light blue in it and the vinyl siding on the house was a light blue. So, I chose that and it was pretty nice. It's been a month and a half since we had our awning installed. The gear motor is holding up fine. We've put the awning out even if we're not using it and that actually has cooled down the house of maybe 5, 10 degrees. That has been helpful. Overall, I was very satisfied. I recommended Rollup to my niece because she just got a new house and they need an awning and they did decide Rollup.

5.00/5

I was tired of baking on my deck. I heard about Rollup Awnings through my grandfather. He had an awning installed at his house. I chose them based on the great customer service he had with them. My experience with Rollup Awnings was phenomenal from start to finish. They were very helpful. I went to their showroom and gave them some measurements. They came out, did a site survey, gave me an installation date and three and a half hours later, it was installed. I got the bigger motor and the remote for it. I'm absolutely happy with the fabric I picked.

Everything's great. There have been no problems whatsoever. Barbecue's just sitting out on the deck. Usually when the sun is glaring down, the deck gets a little warm so I open it up for the dog so he doesn't burn his feet. Moreover, the team at Rollup Awnings was great. I had a problem with the remote and they gave me a second remote at no charge. They gave me instructions on how to program it to the motor and I had no problems. They walked me right through it. Everything that they promised and said about the awning was 100% true and it’s real nice to deal with an honest company. I would recommend it.

5.00/5

We decided to have some replacements in the backyard, and rather than getting an umbrella, we just went with an awning, which would be better. It will really help us to enjoy the space better because we get the full sun in the backyard. Nobody would ever sit in the area that we put it because the umbrella didn't do the job. We’ve heard about Rollup awnings from a few people, so we decided to purchase from them since it is a family-owned business. Their salesman was very good and knowledgeable, and their installation people were also very knowledgeable and friendly. The awning came with the manual and automatic, and then we chose the cover for it. We had its fabric and style customized. However, since it's been cold and raining in New York, we have yet to open it. On the whole, it was a very good experience.

5.00/5

We were very happy with our retractable awning. The salesman was accurate and the installation department came on time and installed our awning very quickly. The electrician was very diligent in coming and installing the switch to open the awning. It is beautiful and we are very happy with it. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.

5.00/5

We wanted a different use of our deck and so we thought of getting an awning. We have been around to a few awning places and we saw Rollup Awnings’ advertisement in the paper. Their salesman at the showroom was excellent and very helpful. We got an awning with gear motor. Their installation crew was also on time. We were very happy with our experience with Rollup Awnings. It was wonderful.

5.00/5

In the late afternoon I would always move umbrellas and got sick and tired of that, so I bought an awning. Rollup Awnings is the best. We talked to a few builders and most of them were going with them. They said that's the best company on the East End of Long Island. We went there, talked to one of the owners, and he impressed me with the way he was handling the whole affair. We decided to go and have the job done and they performed right on schedule. They came here, did a super job installing, then later the electrician came to hook everything up and it works perfectly. I have the automatic, remote control, where the whole awning disappears in the winter, well-protected from the outside world. It's custom-made. It looks great and people are impressed when they see. Two people who saw it said they might even consider doing the same thing I did. The experience was top notch from the introduction to the end.

5.00/5

We are so happy with our Rollup Awning! Greg came to demonstrate the product (a fantastic demonstration, he is so knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the product!). We selected the color (so many to choose from!), he measured and explained the installation process. The installers were polite and competent. We are so happy with our awning! Rollup is the company you want to do business with! They know what they're doing, and they care about making you happy! We're pretty finicky, by nature, and have nothing but praise for Rollup and for Greg. You'll be happy with them, too.

4.00/5

My son has Rollup Awnings that's an older one in the house he bought. We have a nice deck and it's very sunny in the back so we decided to get one too. We used it on Sunday, but it was very, very windy so we had to not use it. We've had it a couple of years now. It's still working well except when we couldn't use it.

5.00/5

We are so happy with our new awning. Rollup Awning did a great job. They are courteous & when they give you a date & time they stick to it. Clean-up after the job was done & I would highly recommend them.

Rollup Awnings

We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how happy you are with Rollup Awnings. We are thrilled you chose us to manufacture your custom made retractable tube awning. We hope you enjoy many years in the shade under your Rollup Awning!

Original review: March 11, 2017

We needed some more shade in the backyard and Rollup Awnings had a better presentation than another company I looked at. We went to their store to purchase the awning and there were some choices. We picked what we liked and what went with the other furniture. After we purchased the awning, they put everything up when I wasn't home. I was very pleased with them and the awning works great. It always does what it needs to do and it has an electric switch that they put inside the house. From start to finish, it was a quick and easy experience and they did a beautiful job.

Rollup Awnings

Thank you so much your your feedback. We at Rollup Awnings are happy you chose us again for your retractable awning needs. We have developed a front bar drop shade that may alleviate the issue you are having with the sun. Please call our office at your earliest convenience.

Thank you again.

Original review: March 5, 2017

We've been dealing with Rollup Awnings for many years. I replaced one awning once then I bought another one for a different part of the house. Rollup was very good and responsive. They came to the house, we showed them the situation, purchased the awning and they did it. They were very accommodating. They picked the color and the fabric. They did a good job and that's what counts. Both of the awnings were very similar to each other as far as how they were constructed. The only thing I don't like about it is when the sun gets later in the afternoon, it goes around the house and then sneaks in under the awning from the side. But there's not much that I can do with that and it's not their fault.

5.00/5

I have a deck at the back of my home and it faces west. The deck is unusable in the summer afternoon because it was too hot. I liked the design that Rollup Awnings had on the framework of their awning so I purchased an awning from them that has a gear motor and was activated by a remote. I also chose one of their fabrics and I'm very happy with the whole awning. The crew that came to install it was very professional, did a good job and cleaned up after everything. Everything went very smoothly from start to finish. I've had it for a couple of years now and it continues to work very well and everything is as it should be. I'm very satisfied.

5.00/5

The birds messed up our first awning from Rollup. We then went into their store and looked them over for our second one. We were able to pick out the color and how we wanted it. Everything was there so we told the man that we liked what we saw and we wanted to get one. It is automatic, but then they also gave the crank too. I felt pretty good because we enjoy it a lot especially on a nice sunny day when the sun is too hot and we're having a function out on the deck. We use the awning so the sun doesn't get into people's face or into their eyes. We just press the button then the thing rolls out and we're covered. It's very good.

5.00/5

We purchased from Rollup Awnings as the afternoon sun in our backyard is brutal and it will cook me if I want to sit out there. With the installation, I had my electrician do the electrical box. When the sun sets and I sit down to eat, the sun is right in my eyes. Rollup Awnings sells a screen which I can hang at the bottom of the awning, so that it makes almost like a 90-degree angle to catch that sun going sideways, and I'm thinking about doing that. I am satisfied with the product and the service and I would definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

I was needing a new awning so I went online and SunSetter started to send me a lot of information but Rollup advertised in the paper and also, if there was a problem, they were local at Long Island, so that's where I decided to go. With the other companies, I would have had to take it off, mail it back and it would have been a real production.

So I went to the showroom in Hempstead and decided how much to order. We were early in the season and I got a discount. I had the remote opener so that was flown in. Also, I had to pick material and there was it was a whole wall of materials and a separate little easel with different materials that were remnants. The one that I liked the best was enough for my awnings and my deck wasn't tremendous so it worked. It was stripes and the seams were perfectly done.

They came to me with the final measurements and to look at my house to see where they were gonna put the electricity. Everything was totally professional and when they said they were gonna be there, they were on-time. They were fabulous to deal with. My house faces the south and west and if that awning wasn't up, I could probably fry eggs on the floor of my dining room that's in there. I have recommended Rollup.

5.00/5

We had added a deck on the back of our house and we thought putting an awning there would be nice to help us use the deck more. I live about a mile away from Rollup Awnings' place of business and my experience with them has been great. The team at Rollup Awnings was very good too. They threw in the manual crank for the awning. The only bad thing was that the battery went dead in three months and they told me I had to replace it myself.

5.00/5

I called Rollup Awnings and they came. I also decided to go with them because of the quality of their equipment, their fabric and also the mechanics. We picked out the fabric and the colors and they did a great job. The service was good. I’ve had the awning for about two years now and never had a problem. I’m in the Hamptons. So the water's 50 feet in front of my house, but when the sun rises in the morning I get direct sunlight all day long from seven in the morning until six at night. My decking would get so hot one couldn’t even stand on it. But putting the awning was the best thing I did especially that I have babies. I could go out at the deck even in the rain and if it’s too hot I could put the awning out, which keeps the house cooler. The awning is large with 22 feet long by 15 feet out and it also covers part of my Jacuzzi. It’s a very good product and if I buy another house, I’m going to use them again. I’m very happy.

4.00/5

Rollup Awnings had a lot of different colors that you could choose from. I've had their awning for five years and it's still in good shape. I’m really satisfied with the product, 100%.

5.00/5

We needed some shade in the back and decided to purchase an awning. A friend did more of the investigation that I did and they came up with a very good report of Rollup Awnings. I talked to people at their main office and they were very good and responded quickly. The salesperson was a little bit blah, blah, blah but he did all right. We bought an awning with a power switch and we sit underneath it and have a great time.

5.00/5

We had three awning groups come in but the description and the type of awning that Rollup Awnings had was self-contained. There was a whole lot of features and it really cost more. The longevity of it and the way it was made just blew the other ones away. Their owner came by and was very knowledgeable. The awning looks great and it's fabulous because it's remote control. We open it up and it covers the entire patio so we're going to put a second one in.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings has been around and is a good solid family company. I got an electric awning and everything's fantastic. Though there was an issue with it, they came out and replaced the whole material for free. The owner came out and analyze the situation and expedited to get it done for the July 4th holiday which was unbelievable for the turnaround time. Working with the people at Rollup have been very good, all around. They contact you prior and keep you informed. It's a good product and I'm very happy with my experience with them.

5.00/5

A relative of ours had her house broken into and since we were about to go on vacation, we thought that Rollup Awnings was a good idea. We now have the awning in the kitchen going into the deck of the backyard. When we had a problem two months ago, our interactions with their team have been very good. They came when they said they would and were able to fix the broken latch. But I was told our awning's latch lasted a long time. It wasn't supposed to last as long as ours did so we got a lot of use out of it. We are very pleased with Rollup Awnings and I definitely would recommend them to anybody.