Customer Reviews

4.87/5
based on 92 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Rollup is all over the place but I heard about it in one of the magazines that come to the house. They had a little promotional thing in the magazine. I checked into a couple of other companies but I liked the quality and selection of Rollup’s fabrics. We were sick of moving umbrellas all around to block us from the sun and when we contacted them, they were awesome. They installed the awning and when we opened and checked it out, it had a little run in the fabric. They took down the awning and took it back but they fixed it and brought it back to me in three days. So, I had a wonderful experience. They were very accommodating and I love the awning.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings was on time, and they were very informative. I got a brand new motorized awning and the job was done well. Their customer service was excellent. It was a very good experience. I would use them again, and I have referred someone else to them.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings gave a very good presentation when they came to the house, and I felt like it was the right fit for me. After they put up the awning, they had to come back for the electrical connection. The installers were very qualified people. They knew what they were doing, and they did a very good job. They were very clean too. So far, I’ve been very happy with the item. I would recommend them.

5.00/5

Our deck is situated in such away that we are facing east in the morning, so we don't get shade on the deck until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. If we wanted to have a Sunday barbecue with friends over, we would still be in the sun at 3 in the afternoon, and it's hot. So we went to Rollup Awnings and the gentleman there was very, very good. He was very helpful. We went in a time where there was some kind of promotion going on. We were gonna shop around a bit, and he told us to go ahead, but he guaranteed that we will be back. We went to one or two other places, and what he had offered us was the best deal, and it seemed to be the best product for what we wanted, so we came back.

We picked out whatever we wanted, like color scheme, and everything went very, very smoothly. We're very satisfied with the product, and the person that we dealt with. He didn’t push anything on us. He explained to us. He pointed out, and he let us make our choice. He was a top-of-the-line salesman. He was confident enough in his product that he didn’t find us shopping around, and he knew we would be back. And he was right.

Rollup had a wide variety of merchandise that you could choose from. The sales guy helped us determine the size that we would need based upon the dimensions that we had given him. Then they came back down and measured before the order went through completely to make sure that we had given them correct dimensions. They explained about the remote control and how it works. When they did the installation, they demonstrated pros and cons compared to other company products. It was a very nice experience. The awning cools off the house a little bit in the morning when the sun comes up in the east facing our dining area.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings makes a good product. Their reps were very nice and helpful. They showed me all the different pieces of the awning, and how it works, and how each piece is made. When they came here, they showed me how it would be set up. So far, I’m happy with Rollup Awnings. Everything they said was what they did, and it works good.

5.00/5

I liked Rollup Awnings' showroom service. It was very informative, professional and complete. There was no reason to go anywhere else, so I went with them. The crew that came to install the awning was on time and professional as well. It's my first awning and as far as the length, color, and the rollup size, it's good.

5.00/5

I was looking at a few choices where to get an awning and that included SunSetter, but I didn't hear too many good things about it so I didn't wanna go in that route. Rollup Awnings on the other hand had good reviews and I was really interested so I made the call to purchase. The sales rep that helped me was amazing, professional, friendly and very down to earth. They made a custom-made awning for me and it has a remote. They made the top-of-the-line ones. They took a while. They said they had to make it before they could even bring it and install it. I decided to use the awning during the summer, family get-togethers, barbecues and evening times and it has been great.

5.00/5

When we bought our first awning from Rollup Awnings, our purchase was price-motivated. It was a good deal. Also, they were right in the town that we live in and it was convenient to go with them. The rep was very friendly, funny, and easy to deal with. We customized the color, size, and trim color of the awning that we got. The installation of the awning was very easy. Overall, we're very satisfied with the purchase and with the awning.

5.00/5

I wanted to expand my backyard and Rollup Awnings was rated high in the area. I got the remote controlled, automatic model and I was able to choose the fabric and length of the awning. I had an excellent experience with their team. They came when they said they would and installed in a very short time. Everything works perfectly.

5.00/5

We live by the water and we needed to provide some shade for our deck. Rollup Awnings was the closest and the only awning company that I knew about. Everything was great when we interacted with their team. We knew what we were looking for so I customized it and it has absolutely met our expectations. When we have company, we put the awning out and we hang out on the deck.

5.00/5

We had a little deck that we wanted to use but the sun would hit it. It would be too hot and nobody could really stay out there. So, we decided to get an awning. I Googled and Rollup Awnings came up. There was another company that we went to but when we compared the quality of the product that they showed us on display to what Rollup Awnings showed us, we could tell that the quality was a little bit better with Rollup Awnings, so we went with them.

Their service was very good and they explained the product to us. Picking which awning to buy was also pretty easy. We went to the store and explained to the guy what we needed and what we were trying to do. Then he showed us our options. The hardest thing was picking out the color and my wife did that. She picked a light green color and we didn't put any other customization. Rollup Awning's reps also kept in contact about what was going on with our order and when it was gonna come in. Then during the installation, the guys who came in installed it quickly. It seemed like it was easy, too. They did a nice job and they cleaned up after themselves.

Before we got the awning, it would get very hot over there in our deck from about 12:00 to 5:00 o’clock in the afternoon. We had to wait for it to cool off until about 6:30 before we go out there because it would be too hot. Then by the time we go out there, we only have two hours of daylight. But now, we can enjoy the deck a little more often or just go sit outside. Rollup Awnings is a very excellent company and you would wanna give them a shot.

5.00/5

I wanted to have an awning instead of having to put up a canopy all the time. I got tired of putting up the deck every summer. My daughter looked up at all the stuff for me and I ended up getting an awning from Rollup Awnings. The installation went very well and I'm very happy with the unit that I got. I use it for the shade outside if I'm having company. If not, it's rolled up. I would recommend Rollup Awnings.

5.00/5

We had an awning when we bought our house and I thought it was gonna last, but it didn't. It was ripped. We went over to Rollup Awnings to see what it would cost to get a replacement canvass for the awning we had, and it was almost as much as a new awning. It was going to be a little more for the new awning which was much nicer and better constructed than the one I had.

I placed the order and a guy came. He surveyed the job. Parts were ordered and about two weeks later after they were ordered, installers came and were in and out in about an hour. I got the awning that retracts into a tube so everything is all sealed up. The old one I had just rolled up and was open to the elements and the birds liked to nest up there. With our new awning, we don’t have that problem anymore. If anybody is in the market, I would recommend Rollup Awnings. They did a good job for me. I'm a happy customer.

5.00/5

A Rollup Awnings salesperson came and made a presentation about the need and what the cost was, and convinced us that they were the best product. We selected what we wanted and the installers were very quick. We're very satisfied with our decision to go with Rollup Awnings.

5.00/5

Buying an awning was a two-year process for me because I just didn’t have the funds. My wife and I had a discussion and I had Rollup Awnings come out. The guy was really informative and he brought a small awning to show me what it would look like. I was impressed with the way he explained how it was different from other awnings. The guy came back out and finalized everything. He had the material with him and he did the demonstration. I had to pick out if I wanted the awning to be motorized, what color I wanted, and what size. He measured all that stuff. They then came out and installed the awning. It was all perfect and ready.

Prior to the installation, I asked how long it was gonna take. I guess they told me more time just to be safe, but it was actually way less time than what they said. My awning is a standard size and they said it was gonna take two hours max for the installation. But it was really like 45 minutes to an hour. It was quick and the guys knew what they were doing. I'd tell a friend 100% to go with Rollup Awnings. It's expensive but it is definitely great for what I use it for which is for a deck.

5.00/5

We wanted an awning and we liked the warranty that Rollup Awnings offered and the product itself. Their sales rep was wonderful. He had a lot of expertise and was on point. He didn’t waste our time and did a good job of explaining everything. We got their standard size awning and its color was something from their fabric collection. The installation team was excellent. They worked very quickly and they knew what they were doing. Rollup Awnings was very accommodating even when we needed to call them over the phone, telling us what time they would arrive. We're extremely satisfied with them.

5.00/5

I was looking for awnings and had first seen the SunSetter, but when I was looking up places to go and look at awnings, I found Rollup Awnings. I was talking to my son and his wife about it and her parents used Rollup, so, since they had a good experience and I saw good experiences on Facebook, we went with them. I knew what I wanted and we went into the showroom. The people at Rollup Awnings were very helpful. They explained the different options and I told them what I was looking for, and it was an easy process. However, it took a little while to get it going. I thought we would have the awning in a few weeks, but there was a problem, which was not a big deal because we got the awning. It just took a little longer than expected.

The installers did not make a mess during installation. I went to the tracks for my walk and by the time I came back, the awning was up and they had shown my husband how to work it. It was great. Then, the electrician that they had told us about came the very next morning and he hooked up the power. We’ve had no problem with it and I love it. It’s like a whole room back there and it’s wonderful. It has good quality. My daughter-in-law’s parents have had it over 10 years and they don’t have a problem with it at all. It still goes in and out like it’s supposed to. I would definitely recommend Rollup Awnings. In fact, I had told my daughter about it and if and when she is ready, she would go there.

5.00/5

I saw Rollup Awnings in an the advertisement in the paper and I liked the design that they had there. So, I bought from them and their reps were very good including their installers who explained to me what they were gonna do, why they were doing it, and took care of it. I have the product since mid-summer and I haven’t used it a lot, but the couple times I used it, it was nice. It worked without any problems and did exactly what it was supposed to. It looks like it’s gonna stay for a number of years, which is good, and I’m not complaining about the cost. I would tell others to go look at it and talk to them about it.

5.00/5

My neighbor went with Rollup Awnings, and I saw how much she used her awning in the summer so we decided that we wanted to do it as well. I trusted her opinion since she checked everybody out first and then went with them. So I called Rollup Awnings, then met their sales agent. He went over all the fabrics and its length. I told them exactly what I wanted and ordered it. The process was very easy and quick since I wanted the exact one my neighbor had. The Rollup Awnings team was great.

5.00/5

My Rollup Awning has been great. I went with this them because they made the awnings larger than the other popular one made -- SunSetter didn’t come in the size I needed to cover my deck. I had the length and width and the depth of it customized. My wife and I wanted an electric model, and they had a good selection of fabric for the canvas itself, and we enjoyed it. We chose the one we wanted to and then they came and put it in for us, so it has been good.

5.00/5

We got tired of using just these little umbrellas because they only cover one person. My husband wanted to cover the whole family and in the end, after years, an awning would be cheaper than keep buying these huge umbrellas. The people from Rollup Awnings worked with me and were very kind. I changed my mind a few times and they had no attitude. I had a couple of different customizations that I wanted, which they did and I'm happy with the installation and the process.

5.00/5

We had a large awning put in about 15 years ago and then we installed another one at the back five years ago. When the large one started to pull off the roof, Rollup Awnings had to come in to put some extra tie-downs on it because there was too much tension on the beam. They resolved it within half a day. The awning is not hanging off the side of the house, but it’s actually on a low-slung roof and it’s a fairly large piece. You can’t really leave it out, so you have to really pull it in if you have any kind of increment weather. So over time, this thing started to sag on it. But Rollup Awnings was great and they were very professional in everything they've done. I recommend them to anybody.

5.00/5

We got storm shutters from Rollup Awnings in 1990, then we recently purchased a new unit last year. I called them, they came to the house and measured, then they gave me a quote and we went ahead and did the job. They did a great a job and also have a good quality product. Everything was great in our interactions with the Rollup Awnings team. It was an excellent experience and I highly recommend them. We are very happy and may they continue the good work.

5.00/5

Rollup Awnings don't ignore you like a lot of places do when you walk into a store, and purchasing from them was a painless process. I told them the size we needed and I picked out the color. They made it and then they came and installed it. And they had a special when we bought our awning where we got the motor with it. We had no shade in the backyard before, but now we can sit out there in the rain and in the sun. We get the hot afternoon sun and it protects us from that. I also liked that if it gets windy, the awning closes. I don't have to worry about it ripping off the house.

5.00/5

I put in my awnings up and down every year and I didn't want to be putting them up in the spring and taking them down in the winter, so I put rollups up. There is a local dealer that advertised Rollup Awnings so I went there, compared them to a couple of other people, then had them do it. I'm happy I did it with Rollup Awnings and I'd tell others it would be a good decision to go with them.

I have roll-up shutters too that I purchased direct 8 years ago. They're hurricane shutters that roll up and down in front of a lodge, and I put them up myself because it was too complicated for the one that sold me the awnings. Those shutters I had it cut and put up and head them into the soffits in front of the doors so that they weren't visible and then, they come down out of the soffits. It overhang outside the house in case there was some bad weather and down they came. I've had no mechanical malfunctions all the years I've had it, so I'll keep going on there to what they're doing.

5.00/5

I bought this Rollup Awning four to five years ago. We were in the market to get an awning and we went online and checked out who is in that business. We looked at Sunset Awnings then we looked at companies that are local, and Rollup is local to me. They’re out here in Suffolk County. We redid a room in the house that had a large sliding glass door that was going out to the backyard and steps were going out from it. So, we figured it would be a great idea to have an awning out there to protect us from the elements, the sun or whatever. I remember one of the principals came to the house and he had some mechanisms in the trunk of his car that actually showed how the Rollup Awnings mechanically work. And I was very impressed with the mechanical aspect of the Rollup Awnings. It looked like it was really solid made and wasn't flimsy so that the awning itself mechanically would work well.

We picked the design and the material looked like as good quality as I could get anywhere else so it was going to be more expensive, but it looked like you would get what you would pay for. Even though it was more than what we anticipated and wanted to spend, if you wanted to get what you paid for, go for it so we did. They measured and we picked out a pattern. And they put up their product with our choice of cloth on the awning. I've had this thing for years and I've never had to do anything to it accordingly. They gave me a pole to work it manually if I lost power or the remote didn't work, and I've never had to use that. We've been through every season, every winter, every storm, and the awning has been amazing.

Every time I open and pop it up and put it down or pull it back up, I'm saying, “I can't believe this thing is still working." And now it's working like the day they put it in. There's only one disadvantage to it. It was mounted to this side of the house over the stairs and it didn't have a shield over the mounting plate between the mounting plate in the awning so that when it rains, the rain would not go through the awning. But it would actually go through the space between the awning and the mounting. So I had to have somebody help me put up a board up there which works perfectly. So now, no weather comes to this thing at all. It's just a design issue. It's certainly not a flaw in what I bought. If I had to do it all over again, I would say design-wise, it should have a shield over it. But the awning is perfect. My wife and I are very pleased with that awning. And although it was expensive, we’ve got the quality we paid for. It was all good.

5.00/5

We had always had a portable gazebo on our patio. It had gotten quite well-used and we had to replace that so we bought a standard size awning from Rollup Awnings instead and use it as shade while we were outside in the summertime. We had a very nice purchasing experience with them and everything went very well. The people in the office were extremely nice and helpful, and the people that installed it were also very good. I would definitely go back to their company.

5.00/5

When we purchased our home, there was already an awning there. After a couple years, it stopped working so we tried to get it fixed and realized it was easier to replace it. Rollup Awnings was the only provider in our area so we had them come and they were able to choose the fabric for us that would fit. We had a good experience and everything was great.

5.00/5

I bought many years ago an awning from Rollup Awnings and I'm pleased with it. We have a double porch and we put an additional awning on the second half of the porch as well. We liked the person who came and he was knowledgeable. He talked about cleaning the old awning since it was dirty, and they cleaned it too. We wanted a new awning to match the old one and the pattern wasn't being manufactured anymore, but he was able to find some leftover piece so that we were able to match the two awnings. We were very pleased that he went the extra mile and found it for us. The awnings provide shade and we use it all the time when it's sunny. Sometimes, even when we are not outside, we still use it because it shades the house and we don't have to use our air conditioner as much.

5.00/5

I had a contractor put up my awning about 20 years ago but after all that time, the fabric became shabby so I had to replace that and Rollup Awnings was great. They came when they were supposed to and were on time to take it down for me to choose. And they also came on time to install it. They were helpful and I would recommend them.