5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I compared a couple different plans and Petplan had the best rates and the best coverage. The person who explained the policy to me and went over some of the pitfalls of the plan and sold me the plan was really helpful. I made a claim which was some emergency room visit when my dog was a little puppy and I've had a great experience with them. Everything has been simple and straightforward. It's good value and it gives peace of mind.

5.00/5

Very satisfied with every aspect of this plan. Have had 3 of our friends also jump on board. Without a doubt the best plan out there. Stacey was a pleasure to deal with and everything was spot on. Thank you guys..

5.00/5

I have been a policyholder for a number of years. My eldest dog has some health issues and Petplan has been a lifesaver in terms of helping to pay for her care. Because of this, I didn't hesitate in enrolling my next dog and then my new puppy. I have always had great customer service and had my claims taken care of in a timely manner. I do encourage any other pet owner to enroll with Petplan as they offer the most wide range of coverage that I ran across.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I wanted to protect my dog and myself in case of any accidents. I went on Reddit and there are a lot of good reviews about Petplan. So far, so good. Every time I call, they're super nice and are able to answer my questions. I did have some confusion around some of the policies for a while, but I just called and it was fine. I haven't had any issues and I'm happy with the service and that my pet is protected.

5.00/5

I compared the cost for each of the policies that were available and Petplan had more coverage. Everything was digitally based and I sent the information that they needed. It was very easy.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

When we almost lost our pup Paz, there was a lot of stress about money and how we were going to afford his bills. We went ahead and paid whatever we needed to and he is still alive. When we submitted our claim for our insurance, Petplan was incredibly helpful. The whole situation was very stressful but the way they have their process set up made it easy enough even for me to use. Long story short, they saved my little Paz’s life.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Petplan did exactly what they said they would. The timeframe they gave was spot on, and they covered exactly what they said they would. I am have happy and thankful that I have this coverage for me two puppers.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

My puppy is only 7 months old, I'm about to file my 3rd claim. Between 2 emergency vet visits and now a possibly serious medical condition, I have been able to get him all the best care, knowing I can afford it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Very happy with Pet Plan so far! My girl ruptured her knee and needed surgery. I followed all the steps to submit the claims and everything was handled quickly. Everything related to that injury was covered! They were great on the phone (& chat) when I had to call to ask questions too. So glad I chose them, they've saved us thousands of dollars we didn't have! The monthly payment is worth it for peace of mind knowing they will be OK if something unexpected happens!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I've had PetPlan for years and had to use it a couple of times. When my cat Duffy had a multi-thousand dollar emergency (Ate an Aleve! He's okay!!), they handled everything really well and in a timely manner. They covered exactly what they said they would with no hassle. It gives great peace of mind and I recommend this insurance company to all my pet-owning friends. The cat rates in particular are pretty affordable!

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

Our Manchester Terrier was bitten by a venomous snake so I had to bring her to the emergency vet. It wasn't terribly expensive but I did file a claim. The process was really easy. I called her regular vet and had them send all her records in to Petplan to have it on file. The coverage seemed good. I got a $30 check back, but it was a plan I picked with a deductible. So far, so good. It was affordable. It feels good to have that protection. The biggest thing with Petplan is when I compared policies with other insurance, I noticed that they gave the best coverage for the best price.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I thought it's probably a good idea to have a pet insurance just in case. Lo and behold, our dog ended up with laryngeal paralysis. He had a hard time breathing and she ended up having to have one of the larynx tied back. It was very easy to submit a claim to Petplan. I was able to upload everything on the app and sent it in, and I've had no issues. The claim just got completed today.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We like working with Petplan. We have submitted four claims. We already met our deductible so they have been paying the 80%. Nothing has been denied. We're happy.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

We are first-time puppy owners and we didn't know what we were gonna get ourselves into. A friend of mine uses Petplan and highly recommended it. We had to take our dog to the ER a few weeks ago and it was our first time putting in a claim. The most difficult thing was we had to upload the last two years of medical history and what we got from the vet wasn't sufficient. But Petplan was super easy to work with and we were able to get the right stuff. They got us our money back from what they covered in probably a week or so after filing the claim. Having Petplan is extremely valuable and has already saved us money. You never know what your puppy's gonna get into and having Petplan is like having health insurance for yourself. It doesn't hurt and already in about six months, it has paid for itself.

4.00/5

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I liked Petplan's credibility and the lower price they offered for pet insurance. I also liked their cashback feature and how they will cover 80% of the cost if my pet has issues. Submitting claims only takes a couple of steps. This pet insurance policy is very valuable. It's very cost-effective for what it provides. I'm satisfied with Petplan.

4.00/5

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I'm a veterinarian and I was looking into two of the companies that we work with. I chose Petplan over another company because of the type of plan. I also overheard from one of my colleagues at work that he thought this was a good company. Also, their deductible is per year and not per medical condition. My main concern is if my dog needs X-rays or an ultrasound or some consult with a specialist, I don't have to pay out-of-pocket because I know how much that cost. Petplan is an okay plan. It's my first experience myself with pet insurance. Submitting a claim was quite simple because I did it right through the app, and then I sent more stuff over email. It was quite easy to do. So far, I've been pretty happy with the first claim I submitted. Petplan is a good company and by seeing other customers that have it, I think it works pretty well.

4.00/5

My vet here referred us to another pet insurance, and when I called them, I wasn't happy with the way they handled everything, so I started looking for another one. I wanted to get pet insurance on our puppy. I'm a member of AARP, and that's where I saw Petplan through. They referred them. I went on the internet and started reading about Petplan. I have a deductible of $300 a year. It's a low deductible. One of the things that I like about Petplan is they let you pick your deductible, and how much the annual that they pay. A lot of the insurances didn't do that. Also, their prices through AARP were really reasonable compared to the one that my vet referred me to.

Having the pet insurance is very valuable because we have a French Bulldog. I had a Boston Terrier, and he developed cancer, and that was very expensive. I waited five years to get another dog and I thought, when I get another dog, I'm gonna get insurance because everything just went up as far as pets. Nothing's cheap anymore, and we're retired and on a fixed income. So, it's very important for us to have insurance on everything.

I filed a couple of claims with Petplan to get my deductible in. I made copies and faxed it in and finally got it. The only thing that I don't like about the experience is they didn't email me anything back saying that they've received it. They have my email. They emailed me the policy, too, with our number. I just feel like after I faxed in, they should've given me some kind of feedback like "Well, we've received your claim of such and such and it was taken off your deductible." That's all they would've had to do, but they didn't.

Petplan is the most reasonable through AARP and also how you can pick what type of deductible works with your type of income and how much you would like for them. Biggie had hurt his eye one time out in our yard, and he had an ulcer on it. That was what I filed with them. We had to take him in and get that seen about and get a lot of medicine for that to cure the ulcer up. It did go away. It was two appointments to take care of that. It was like $250. My deductible's 300. So I thought, "That'll get me, my deductible, almost taken care of for this year."

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

We had a puppy and we'd never know what they'd get into. So, I wanted to make sure that we didn't have any out of pocket expenses. Petplan seemed to be the best combination of costs and the customization of deductible and coverage. Petplan has been wonderful and their app is great. I had one claim with Petplan and it was very easy and straightforward to get processed. I got my payment within a couple of weeks and it was pretty fast. It was a very enjoyable experience.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Petplan has offered quick turn around on claim reports. It is easy to use and they have great customer service. My Pomsky is only a year old and has had a few stomach/bowel issues and pet plan has been great to help me with his vet/ER bills.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

We've had a fantastic experience with Petplan so far. We can rest assured that our dog is going to receive excellent care, no matter what we're facing. I hesitated to get pet insurance because I had heard horror stories. I'm pleased to say that Petplan has been the total opposite experience. We are thrilled with our pet insurance.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Sincerely appreciate the professionalism and expertise of your agents in processing the insurance claim for our husky - Pablo. After an emergency trip to the animal hospital, he is feeling much better and has recovered nicely. His paws are good as new! Thanks to you, we're not saddled with a $900 vet bill and our doggo is one happy camper.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

I have found Petplan very easy to use and the Support team responds right away. I had a question about my pup’s recent diagnosis and had answers right away using the live messenger service. The correspondent genuinely expressed sympathy for my pup, answered all my questions and made me feel more comfortable with our medical future. Then I was sent a copy of the correspondence for my records.

5.00/5

I can't say enough good about Petplan insurance. I have had Petplan for three of my dogs. They paid for cancer treatment for my golden retriever and treatment for heart disease for my sheltie (along with two surgeries) and they just paid for my lab mix to have surgery related to elbow dysplasia. Having Petplan has given me such peace of mind knowing that I can seek out the best medical care and treatment for my dogs without worrying that I will have to go into debt. They even pay for ongoing medications and for holistic treatment. The claim process is extremely simple and reimbursement is fast. I highly recommend Petplan and will not have a pet without it being insured by Petplan.

5.00/5

When our Dover was diagnosed with liver problems, it was devastating as he was only 3 years old. Petplan stepped up to the plate and has been there for us emotionally as well as financially as we knew we could do treatment for him. Once our deductible was met, they have been efficient in responding to our statements sent. It is almost 6 months later and he is doing well on his medications and is a happy 4 year old lab. Our daughter also has Petplan for her wonderful dog, and we will always look to this company for their continued support. THANK YOU Petplan! You are the best!!!! I will always refer people to you as you continue to be there for our furry friends.

5.00/5

I have been using Petplan for years, previously for both of my pugs and kitty and now I have two new dogs that are both covered and I just adopted a stray cat who will also be getting a policy. PP's process is simple, they don't haggle about your vet's charges and they pay with tremendous speed. The app makes making claims so easy. I would have hard time paying for the big ticket items for my pets and I never want to feel that pressure of charging a pet's treatment b/c I don't have the money as I have in the past. Always did it anyway but then was saddled with extra bills. I highly recommend Petplan. s

5.00/5

I signed up with Petplan before I brought my puppy home - my thought process being I'll try this out in case we need and and drop it later on if I don't. Boy did I ever need it! 3 years later we have made multiple claims for both chronic allergies and a couple emergency visits to boot. I've never had a claim questioned or rejected & customer service has always been great. Petplan has allowed us to seek out specialized care for our dog's allergies (yes my dog sees a veterinary dermatologist) and her quality of life has significantly improved since beginning immunotherapy 1.5 years ago - we could not have gone through all of this without Petplan.

5.00/5

I was nearing the end pretty tough overseas work trip when my friend who was dog-sitting my pet Barkley texted me saying he was at the Vet/ER because Barkley broke his leg. I called the vet immediately and was told it was a bad break, definitely required surgery and it had to happen ASAP. I honestly thought he might lose his leg. The doctor was upfront and told me this could cost as much as 6k. When I said I had pet insurance she was relieved for me and Barkley and said she tells everyone it's a must have for pet owners. She's right. Barkley is getting the care he needs to recover and Petplan is really coming through.

This was the first claim I filed so I was a little overwhelmed with the process at first but they are very reachable, kind and understanding over the phone and they walked me through every step of the process. Having pet emergencies is undeniably stressful and this was no different but it's nice to know Petplan was there for me and Barkley to make this whole thing a little bit easier. I highly recommend Petplan to owners.

5.00/5

Petplan is a lifesaver! They are a great company to work with and I’m so glad I found them to protect my fur babies. They always respond to inquiries timely and are extremely friendly and helpful. All claims I’ve ever submitted have been reviewed when promised or faster. They’ve always paid what the policy says they will. They don’t try to overreach known conditions to get out of covering other ones. And although when I pay my vet bills the workers always grumble a little when I mention insurance, my vet and hospitals have never expressed any issue working with this company when documentation is needed. It’s very easy to see what will be covered – pick your limit, pick your deductible, pick your co-payment % and done. And their terms and conditions are very easy to read and follow. Anyone considering paying for pet insurance should be getting annual well visits for their pet anyway.

Why pet insurance? Why Petplan? I’ve had two cats and both turned out to have undiagnosed genetic deformities in their internal organs that eventually turned into serious medical conditions. Once the trouble started, diagnosis and treatment cost thousands of dollars. Because of Petplan I never had to say no to any of the recommended treatment because I knew they had my (and my kitty’s) back. They cover hereditary conditions and chronic conditions as long as the condition had not manifested itself and was not detectable when the policy began. And they pay what the vet charges – no fee schedule and no different coverage for regular vets vs. hospitals. Those things distinguish Petplan from other companies offering similar products.

Read the fine print when you compare companies. If you are looking for insurance to cover well visits, then this is not the company for you. However, if you’ve ever had your feline best friend act normal one day and be on death’s door the next, you know how stressful it can be worrying about your pet and how you are going to pay for his or her medical care. And medical care for pets is expensive! Petplan provides great coverage, excellent service and offers very reasonable premiums. If you are looking for an accident and illness policy to cover your cat or dog, I highly recommend Petplan.

5.00/5

My little Frenchie, Fiona was so sick twice in one month, and Petplan Pet Insurance - North America pulled through for us to help cover her medical expenses. We have had 3 dogs on Petplan and they have never let us down. It is a great investment for your dog and security for those unexpected incidents that can really hit your pocket when your pet is ill.

5.00/5

This insurance saved my dog's life. Without it I would not have been able to afford the 2 surgeries, a cancer surgery and foreign object removal surgery. Petplan was super fast with the claim and payment. No hassles and very compassionate during the whole process. I can't put into words how great this insurance is!!!