Customer Reviews

4.42/5
based on 169 ratings
Read more reviews

Slomins Alarm Systems

James, thank you for the feedback and your loyalty to Slomin's!

Original review: June 3, 2017

The whole process from beginning to end was wonderful. I had Slomin's for 20 years at my old house and I was thinking about another using a different company. Every company I looked into was not giving me what I want it and was so overpriced. So we decided to call back Slomin's and they came out and they did a wonderful job. Thank you so much.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Anditria, thank you for the feedback and your loyalty to Slomin's!

Original review: May 28, 2017

I was very impressed the same outstanding customer service representative came to my home in 2017, who came when I purchased my Slomin's alarm system in year 2000. She helped us purchase an upgrade and the installer was outstanding too!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Demi, thank you for the positive feedback!

Original review: May 24, 2017

Nice to have the security of your product. It has been in my home 2 weeks now. It is easy to use. So far so good. I was recommended to you by a fellow attorney that I work with. Installer guy was friendly and helpful. He was courteous and informative. I hope to have many safe years with my Slomins Shield.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Ilona, thank you very much for the feedback and appreciate your business!

Original review: May 23, 2017

We are really happy with this service starting from explanation by your consultant to installation by your technician. We could meet two great person and get a reliable service. We are more than thankful! And of course looking forward to recommend Slomins to our friends or customers! Thanks for everything again!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Daniela, thank you for the positive feedback and we appreciate the kind words!

Original review: May 23, 2017

I am very happy with my alarm system. Installation was quick and easy! The technician made sure to explain everything to me. Customer service is always great. They've been very helpful every time that I've called. It is very easy to navigate and operate. I definitely feel safer and sleep better at night knowing my children and I are protected. I would recommend it!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Keisha, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I was lucky when a salesman from Slomins came to my job and I was able to know about the company he represents. It was our first security service provider and we had it for three weeks now. During the installation, I wasn't home but somebody was there. They explained everything well so it was easy and simple. They came with one monitor and two sensors, one for the door and one for the window. Their customer service was excellent. I called them when I forgot something and they didn't make fun of me, they just helped me and that made me feel good. I work all the time and I'm never really at home and one time, I had a bad experience when I got robbed in my neighborhood. I felt vulnerable because the robbers might come again and I would never know since I wasn't there. Now that I got a security alarm, I feel more secure leaving my house. I would recommend it to a friend.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Linda, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: May 11, 2017

The customer service person was very clear and reassuring while explaining the procedure and coordinating between myself and the person who was at the site. His knowledge and advice was on cue, and made me feel confident in my decisions and choices.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Delois, we appreciate your feedback and will contact you in regards to the other alarm control panel.

Original review: May 1, 2017

He very professional & mannerly! I asked him, his age and he said he was 20 years old. I was proud of that, so many of our young ** men are incarcerated. He also seemed to be very knowledgeable of his job. He was very patient with me when explaining the system. He cleaned up his work area & was very neat. If possible I would like to set up an appointment for him to return. There is another panel in my home which needs to be disconnected. I was not aware of the other panel when the installation guy was at my home recently. Thank you!

Slomins Alarm Systems

David, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Installer was very neat and professional, and very informative as to how the system works. He took his time showing us the different functions of the system. So far we are very pleased with Slomins and would highly recommend it to everyone!!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Judson, we appreciate you choosing Slomin's to protect your home and family.

Original review: April 26, 2017

The salesman was a complete gem. He was friendly and showed genuine interest in my home and its security. He answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable. The installation technician was quick and very polite. I was impressed by his knowledge of the system he was installing for me.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Horatio, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: April 26, 2017

The service representative was very professional. His instruction very good. He represent the company very well. I believe he is an asset to your company. I will very happy to recommend the company to my friends and family. Good job. System is working well.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Richard, thanks you for the feedback.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Our salesman was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. Our installer was punctual, knowledgeable, friendly and very personable! He explained everything we needed to know in detail and answered all of our questions. This is our first alarm and we felt very comfortable with it after installation. From what I understand, a good installer makes all of the difference in the service. So far so good. We are happy customers.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Lewis, thank you for switching to Slomin's.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Wonderful experience with sales rep and service. They took out all of ADT butcher job, they put in a failed system. The Slomins repairman fixed it all. The new Slomins works just great. I'm very happy with the job they done. ADT charges a lot of money for very bad service.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joe, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 26, 2017

My salesman, Steven **, was terrific. I was with a competitor for 4 years that did everything remotely. Steven took the time to understand my changing needs and recommended a number of improvements to our protection that provided greater peace of mind now that our kids are home alone for periods of time. The installation was flawless, everything was done as promised, the installer arrived timely, removed all the old equipment for me and left my home in good order. I love the new panel and the technology is clearly of higher quality than my prior provider. Steven did everything he could for us to keep our initial cost down, and our monthly monitoring expense is 25% lower than my prior provider.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Tameka, thank you for choosing Slomin's. We will contact you shortly about the camera.

Original review: April 23, 2017

A friend of mine recommended Slomin's alarm system, and I have been using it for about a month now. Their service is real good. They are very informative from the start-up, to the initial sale, up to the initial installation. The installation was very easy and self-explanatory, so it was really good. I feel safe with the system. Every time I go in or out of the house, I get a notification on my cellphone or an alert when my premises have been entered or my daughter leaves for school. I also like the camera features. However, I have a wired camera now and I'm still waiting on the wireless camera to be received and installed. But my overall experience has been really well and I would highly recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Michele, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 22, 2017

Somebody came and installed the Slomins security device for us. We had a very pleasant experience with it and we're very satisfied with the package we got. Then we recently called to have someone come back and put in smoke detectors and the team was very friendly. I certainly feel safer since having the system.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Hugh, thank you for switching to Slomin's.

Original review: April 9, 2017

With ADT before, I was paying a lot more for monitoring and and I owned my own equipment. They wouldn't bring their price down. That's what motivated me to switch to Slomin's. I had a pleasant experience when the salesperson came to the house. The company only had to install the transmitter because I have everything else already set up so that went smoothly. The technician just had to go through some debugging of Slomin's hardware. With their security system, I have peace of mind.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Anna, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I wanted an alarm system. So when I heard that Slomin's was good and they were having a special, it was appealing to me. They were very accommodating too so I went with them. The system was easy to install and everyone was wonderful. They took care of all my questions and every need. I moved to Jersey in February and I went right back with them for the security system because I had the same type of experience in Philadelphia when I had them. I moved to a safer place but I still wanted their system because I have a nephew that's on drugs and I need to monitor the system for when he comes and goes.

Slomin's was nice enough to accommodate my needs without saying anything to anybody in the house. They kept everything low key. On the other hand, I was confused about the latest system that's working for a special need that I had and I thought it wasn't working properly so I called the other day. They called me back and they were accommodating. The rep that I talked to didn't understand what I was saying so I guess it was a little frustrating for her. Maybe I didn't understand the system when they installed it and I thought it worked a certain way when they showed me. But then when I went back in, I'd seen that it worked in a different way. She was trying to explain it to me and I wasn't quite getting it at that time but she was good. But other than that, I'm very satisfied with them and overall, my experience has been wonderful.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Tracy, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 5, 2017

Slomin's is excellent. I can turn the alarm system on or off from my phone. When I call them for any question, they answered right away. They have been very professional and courteous. I was also very impressed with the installers. They came when they said and cleaned everything up.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nikko, sometimes pinpointing an issue can be difficult and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for feedback that you provided.

Original review: April 4, 2017

As soon as we bought the house seven years ago, we signed up with Slomin's. The previous homeowner had a security system installed and Slomin's was able to use what they had and just started over with a new contract. They checked everything during the installation. We've had technicians before and they were good. When we first started, it was only the standard doors and windows. A month ago, we upgraded to the digital touchscreen, the wireless one and that's a new feature we really enjoy. We can also access it through our cellphones. It's convenient when you run out of the house and forget to turn the alarm on. At least, you can check and see if you did or didn't do it.

The Slomin's app on my phone is very user-friendly. It's pretty simple when you arm or disarm the system. But, it’s the waiting to make everything happen every time for a minute. We definitely felt much safer knowing that the system is there. There have been instances when it randomly goes off and that's a little startling in the middle of the night when you think maybe there's an intruder. However, we know that a glitch might happen with all systems every now and then. Slomin’s customer service reps were good. But, the last time we had issues with the windows and we were troubleshooting it, we had three technicians come back and forth and try to fix it. It's an inconvenience until they finally got it fixed. Other than that, it's been very good experience in general.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Mrs. Dratch, thank you for being a loyal Slomin's customer.

Original review: April 3, 2017

We use Slomins for our home and our hospital, and our experience with them has been very good. We were here for when they set up the alarm and they were very thorough and professional. They worked very diligently and got everything installed. We've been using them for about 23 years and we keep renewing our package with them because we trust them. And when they offer a good promotion, we realize that it's a good deal and we continue staying with them. We just got the two outdoor cameras and an indoor camera because recently, somebody had my key and I was afraid they made a copy of it. So, I thought it would be a smart thing to have the cameras outside.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Stephen, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: April 1, 2017

From my initial contact with sales rep Anthony ** discussing my equipment update, to my dealing with the tech #** who updated my system, I am very satisfied. Great professional experience all around. Would highly recommend Slomins to someone looking for an alarm system.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Carolyn, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 31, 2017

Excellent service; I could not have envisioned a better experience from the initial phone call to discuss setting up an in-home rep visit, thru to account setup, installation and service; it has all been outstanding. Without hesitation, I recommend Slomins Shield!

Slomins Alarm Systems

June, we appreciate that you have been a customer for 33 years and it has been our pleasure to service you and your family.

Original review: March 31, 2017

When we moved in here 33 years ago, my brother-in-law was using Slomin's for oil, and I've been using them from the day I moved in the house in 1983. I also have a primary security package from them. I had the device installed five years ago because I wanted to feel safe in the house, and Slomins did the job. In fact, they did more than they even said they would do because it was a harder job than they expected, but they didn't charge me more. They just included it and I've been with them ever since. I feel that they're very good and I'm very satisfied with their services so far. Their sales and service people are all very efficient, nice, and polite. It's very easy to deal with them. They do what they say they will, and they tell me what the prices of everything are very fairly. Also, they give me an upgrade every five years.

As for the alarm, it goes off like an earthquake. I leave it on when I'm home and I feel safe. When it gets set off by mistake or for some reason that we don't know, we call Slomins and their team members are right on it. The police comes as well in a minute or two. The only time that there was a lag was when it was Sandy because 7000 people were down. And I was very scared in the house because there was no alarm. After the first day or two, the battery backup saved. And I even have a new system now that you can cut the phone line and shut it down. It's very awesome. Aside from the alarm, they're very competitive with their oil prices, too. So to me, Slomins is a very good company.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Felisha, thank you for choosing again to protect your home and family.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I'm 100% satisfied with Slomin's. I used them at my previous address and I'm still using them at my current one. Their installer was very helpful and very kind. He was on time and he was perfect at never walking on my rug. Then he had one of the shoe pad things to put over his shoes. He listened to all my concerns and he did what I wanted to get done. When there's anything that needs to be taken care of or fixed, Slomin's always send a technician to take care of it and they do a really good job. They were also good at when my husband has his little ups and downs with the security. I can be in my home without worrying that someone's going to break into it and not getting help being sent to me. Slomin's is the best security system to have in your home. My experience with them has been great and I would recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kristine, we happy to hear that you decided to switch from ADT and appreciate you deciding to choose Slomin's to protect your home and family.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I'm very satisfied with my experience with Slomin's. I signed up for their takeover package with regular monitoring and they used my existing equipment. I was with ADT before, but their service was horrible. Slomin's is a million times better so far. They answer questions, show up when they're supposed to and do the right thing. Marty, the sales rep, was very knowledgeable and their installer also went above and beyond. He was here eight or nine hours. A few of the receivers on the windows wouldn't work with the new system, but he did the right thing and didn't charge us for them, although he got permission through somebody. Since getting Slomin's, the alarm's no longer going off at 3:00 AM for no reason.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Gary, we are glad that you switched from ADT and that the system is performing as you would like.

Original review: March 26, 2017

I love Slomin's. I used ADT in the past but Slomin's is 75% better. With ADT, we could hear a little beep when the door opens so sometimes we won't even know if someone comes in but with Slomin's, we can clearly hear when the door opens so we absolutely know when someone enters. When I had the ADT, I never armed it but since I've got the Slomin's, I arm it every night and every time I leave the house. I feel safe both when at home or not. The system is great and I'm grateful I have it.

Slomins Alarm Systems

James, thank you for the feedback. There have been many enhancements in the technology of the alarm system and as those enhancements continue to progress we will keep our customers updated.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I had Slomins' alarm system before but I switched to Comcast. Their security system had cameras but it's all wireless and I had to replace the batteries every time I turned around. So I went back to Slomins since everything is in the wall and everything is on a fixed system. I don't have to worry about anyone cutting the alarm system too, because if they do, it'll trigger the alarm. I also have a key so I can simply press it to set my alarm on and off. I like that it chimes so I'll know that the alarm is on and chimes double when the alarm is off. But Slomins' surveillance cameras are overpriced way too much so I didn't get them. Another thing is that the keyboard could be a little bit more updated and wireless. But I still like their system and I'm satisfied. My wife also feels more secured having it. I would recommend Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kenneth, thank you for being a loyal Slomin's customer.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I never respond questionnaire but I felt I should. I have always been very impressed with my alarm system and the personnel that I talk to at Slomins if I ever had an issue. Last week there was forecasted a "major" snowfall for the area and I was scheduled for the install on the day it was going to hit us. Sunday to my surprise I had received a phone call asking if they could install on Monday. I was really impressed. I thought I was going to be delayed at least a week because of the snow. They were able to work around my crazy schedule to accommodate me. Eric the alarm installation tech was very professional. He instructed my wife and I on how to use the new keypad was very informative. In short I just wanted to say thank you for employing good people. From the person that I spoke to about scheduling to the install tech. Very professional and polite. My wife and I feel safe knowing that we have Slomins looking after our house!!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Vicki, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 17, 2017

It was very easy to order Slomins shield. The sales person was very nice giving good information without being pushy. I received confirmation when the tech person would be at my house to install the unit. The tech installer was extremely nice, very informative and took his time teaching me what I needed to know. So far I am very pleased with Slomins.