Customer Reviews

4.03/5
based on 167 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: April 8, 2018

Security was a requirement and I needed it for my office. The salesman from Slomins was in the area and he came by. He was personal and so we decided to switch from SafeTouch and go with Slomins. He walked through the book with me and showed me how the system operates. He gave me a tutorial on the video by using his phone and the system that he had installed in his home. His explanation was in detail. Plus, with the system that he had installed, I saw the system at work so, it was more of a visual.

The installation of their system was quick and professional. The installer did an excellent job and I didn’t have to stop my operations in order to accommodate him. He worked around my schedule. He asked me what I was actually looking for, then he compared to what I had already installed, and then he upgraded it. The system was a phone line and we went from a phone line to wireless. We added a camera at the house so that even if we’re away, we can look inside the home. And the cost was comparable. It wasn’t that much difference. But the features were greater and the wireless system was greater than going with the actual phone line. So if we get a line cut with the actual phone line, we still got the wireless. That was a safety feature that I like. I’m well-satisfied with the quality of their equipment.

I feel very much more secure than I was before. If people want to go wireless, they should go with Slomins. It’s much more or no less than the system that they already have. Plus, the keypad was upgraded from the keypad I have. I referred a Slomins to a friend who was looking for a system and told him how I recommend Slomins because of the personal experience that I had and catching the details that they gave me.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Sales Associate was upfront and honest, and worked with our family's individual security needs to set up the best system for our home. Affordable plan with no ridiculous installation or equipment fees, plus referral bonuses! Had a minor equipment issue the day after installation but Slomin’s sent out a repair technician within 24 hours and problem was solved! We are happy with our Slomin’s Shield!

Original review: May 22, 2018

Had my alarm system upgraded and it worked out great and the tech did an amazing job. Well done. Would highly recommend Slomins to anyone who is looking for an alarm. The new system that allows you to arm and disarm from your phone is amazing.

5.00/5

Original review: May 18, 2018

Slomin's Alarm Systems is amazing and ten times better than ADT, price-wise. They are all around better. I previously had ADT and got false alarm after false alarm. In addition, Slomin's customer service is great. Their reaction time is amazing. Our salesman, Faviano, was sure on everything and told us everything we needed to know. And as far as the tech goes, he was amazing too. Other than that, they charge way less than I thought you they would charge and when it comes to alerting us for any potential emergency issues, which happened only one time, when my wife accidentally opened the door early. Overall, I love Slomin's. As a matter of fact, we are getting the windows installed in my house and we're gonna have them come back and put the window alarms on.

5.00/5

Original review: May 11, 2018

I am an existing customer for Slomin's Alarm and I've re-opted for another five years. The sales rep was great and he was the same guy from five years ago. He came in and explained everything to us, and he was nice. He brought the system up and then the installer came when he said he was gonna come. He did the work, he explained to me what he was doing, and he put in the takeover switch. He kept us informed, showed us how to use the system, and cleaned up. He was phenomenal. Now, I have the control panels and I gotta get used to pushing a few more. In the other place, you just push one button when you leave or one button when you go to sleep at night. The world is turning into button pushers. Other than that, the quality of the Slomin's security equipment itself is good so far. Also, the cost was great. I would recommend Slomin's Alarm Systems to everybody.

5.00/5

Original review: May 5, 2018

Very pleased. Everything was handled quick and with professionalism. We got the ‘system update’ with a new panel in less than 3 days, after we contacted customer service. We would highly recommend SLOMINS to our friends. The rate was lowered and it really makes a difference. Thanks for the professionalism and courteous service.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The technician that came to update my system was excellent. He knew exactly what to do and look for and was very quick to take care of everything. I have been using Slomins for over 13 years and would recommend to anyone that wants peace of mind in knowing their home is protected.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We have had a home security system running for quite some time from Slomin's, and we upgraded to wireless. The representatives were very good. I emailed them and then they got right back to me. I sent them an email saying, "Can I get this free upgrade?", and they said, "Sure." The installers did great, too. They came a week ahead of schedule and I said, "Oh sure." It took them about an hour and the transition went very smoothly. Also, I needed a new sign because every time I have winter here, it destroys it. They just give me a new one right away. Slomin's is reliable. The cost is also very good in relation to the quality. We use the smartphone features even before, and our sense of security has been much better than when we did not have the security system. I definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: May 1, 2018

Great service. I feel safe and I will refer to family and friends. Serviceman was extremely patient in explaining details and the installer was very helpful and spend a lot of time with me and my children going over the correct way to use the keypad and letting us put in our codes while he turned around so he couldn’t see our codes.

5.00/5

Original review: April 29, 2018

I've had the old Slomin's Alarm system 24 years and now I have upgraded to their wireless system. Everybody was great and the sales rep who came out has explained everything and knows the prices. We set up the appointment for when I needed it, and it was great. The installer/repair guy came and it was wonderful. He was the best. I'm still getting used to the wireless system but he explained it rather very well and I'm able to take care of it. I've had bad experience in the past with Slomin's but now, both the salesman and the installer were excellent. Also, the cost in relation to the quality of the Slomin's system is much better than 20 or 15 years ago. When I had a problem, they did not help and they were not customer service friendly. Now, it's very much about a good experience and that the customer is satisfied. Plus, I feel more secure since it's an updated system and it tells me which zone is going off.

5.00/5

Original review: April 23, 2018

I was due to get a new alarm company as my previous contract was up. Slomins gave me a better price than the other ones. I compared it with two other companies but there wasn’t much in the difference. My daughter is also a customer of Slomins and she recommended it to me so I gave Slomins the contract. Their representatives were good. They did what they said they would do and I was satisfied. They were nice people to talk to.

The installation was okay and the features in my system are all right. Slomins gave me a full guarantee of everything that was there. I still have to get in contact with them. There were a couple of items that they were only able to complete because the weather was so bad. And I couldn’t operate a few of my windows. They gave a work order to call up when the weather improves which didn’t happen yet. Slomins is satisfactory with their services for me and their company is okay. I am happy with them so far. When it was recommended by somebody as close as my daughter, I presume I did the right thing.

5.00/5

Original review: April 18, 2018

My insurance company gave me a discount for the home security system and the house I just bought already had a security system in it. One of Slomin's Alarm Systems’ salespeople were doing door-to-door and it turned out that the alarm system I had was one of theirs. But I didn't get a phone line, so I couldn't get it turned back on. I had to get a whole new system done. I was gonna call whoever the system already was on the wall and it turned out it was them anyway. The sales rep was awesome and her boss, the guy who drives her around with the other people, was really cool too. They both came in and explained everything to me great. They were awesome and perfect. The installation was also perfect and the crew was really nice and explained everything to me. He had commission putting it in and we had to change where the box was located, which was fine.

I just got the smoke alarm and the door sensors and the only other thing I would want to eventually get is garage door sensors and a sensor for my shed. So far, the quality of the security equipment has been awesome. The cost was not bad at all and it's worth it. Everybody at Slomin's was great and I already told two people to go with them.

5.00/5

Original review: April 17, 2018

We’re comfortable with Slomin's and the people they have. Mike was very thoughtful and he always came by. We just have had enough of ADT and said, “You know what? We’re going with this guy.” He showed up and knew what we wanted to do. He showed an interest in us and he’s very kind. He seemed like a better person that we would want to deal with. He answered every question we had, personable, helpful, family guy. We clicked with him, and we felt safe and secure to have him work on our shops and in our home.

There was a different Mike for the install and he was great too. He was nice and helpful. His experience helped, and he was personable. He walked us through everything. The key fobs, to our house and our home and everything is working and it’s been helpful to us and our business. All of the system, the programming, the benefits of the different zones, everything, has been great. If you're looking for a dependable, reliable and affordable company, go with Slomin’s. They have more interest in you than any of the other major companies. They show more of an interest in you as a person and as a business owner. Really good people, really nice to work with, good pricing and professional.

5.00/5

Original review: April 11, 2018

I would highly recommend. Great service and reliable. After a couple of hiccups all went well. The tech made everything work easily and was friendly. The system is now in great working order and we have no issues. Thank you again for your great service.

5.00/5

Original review: April 3, 2018

Gary in sales was amazing - was so on top of things when I called originally about setting up an oil contract on my new construction. I never had to call and follow up. He was ON IT which I am so appreciative of. He came over right on time for our scheduled appt and we set up an oil contract and alarm system. Everything has been going so smoothly. Neil came to do the alarm installation and he was personable and efficient. Neil was extremely thorough in explaining how to operate the system and provided us with great resources (videos on how to use the system, etc). I’m so impressed by Slomins in their timeliness and efficiency — building a new home has been a bit stressful so this was such a breath of fresh air having this company be so efficient. Thank you!

4.00/5

Original review: March 25, 2018

I've had the security system for 20 years and I decided to upgrade it with Slomin's. But I signed my contact on March the 6th and the installation was not scheduled until 20-something. The sales consultant, Anthony, was a very personable young man, and I had an excellent experience with him. I felt well-informed and very reassured. He also made himself available, so I felt totally confident in the decision that I made and in what I was anticipating in terms of the upgrade.

Anthony put the order in the paperwork but when we were trying to schedule the upgrade, he told me that they do it Monday to Friday. I have a lot of work and I commute. It is at least an hour back and forth everyday and I get back home in the evening relatively late, so I'm not available on weekdays. But he said the technicians are not available on Saturday so I scheduled it for the next weekday that I was going to be available, which was the 26th. Anthony couldn't give me the specific time frame though. He told me to call customer service and that they should be able to give me more information in terms of a time frame.

Somebody from customer service called and told me that they had a cancellation that day. They asked me if they could come but it was a weekday. I told them that I was not available on weekdays. Coincidentally, I had been trying to get some information regarding an approximate time frame for when they'll come in on my scheduled day but they told me I had to call back. And then I got another call from them saying that all of a sudden, they were doing a special project and that someone was available on Saturday. It was annoying because I had asked about a Saturday to begin with and I was told Saturday was not available. Also, it was a coincidence that on that particular Saturday, I had to work. I went one Saturday a month and had I known that they would available that Saturday, I could have done a Saturday before or the Saturday after. But it was a Friday and they were asking if I would be available that Saturday.

At that point, I was so frustrated too because I couldn’t get a concrete answer on a ballpark time frame. They were making me want to go ahead and install Comcast instead. The young lady I spoke to that day did not appreciate that and she said, "Well, do you want me to put it on hold?" I thought she meant put it on hold for me to call back and ask if there could be some arrangement made to come on a Saturday so I told her, “You do whatever it is you need to do.” But maybe there was a miscommunication and she cancelled my appointment.

When I called back again to confirm, I thought that surely they could tell me on a Friday if they were going to come that Monday because previously, they kept telling me the appointment was too far out for them to give me a time frame. But the girl told me they had nothing scheduled then she asked me if I wanted to schedule on that day. It was ridiculous. I then started telling her about what happened with the lady before who cancelled the appointment. But then she kept telling me, "Well ma'am, we can't reschedule your appointment until you've consulted with Comcast." What did Comcast even have to do with Slomin's?

I was told me that they couldn’t do this and they couldn’t do that. So I had to ask for the supervisor several times but the supervisor never called me back. The representative spoke to the supervisor though, and she called me back to say that the schedule had been confirmed and I was back on for the 26th. The only question I asked was if they could provide me a ballpark time frame. I had a doctor's appointment on that day at 11:00 in the morning. She went back to her supervisor, called me back and said that they would be here in the afternoon at 3:00.

Matt was at my door at 2:59, on time and ready to go. But my appointment had been canceled and rescheduled a couple of times that when Matt came, some of the information wasn't present on my order for the key fob. I remembered specifically that I had discussed it with Anthony and I said, “Let me just give Anthony a call.” What I really appreciated about Anthony was the fact that he had taken the time and the consideration to review my order, knowing that my installation was scheduled for that day. He had caught the mistake and he had already corrected it by the time I called. He had really been over and beyond.

He told me the supervisor that he had spoken to and Matt confirmed that the person was his supervisor. Matt had to get the go from his supervisor but he had already been contacted by Anthony over the slow transition as well. Matt was very efficient and personable, as well as polite. He explained everything thoroughly and I didn't feel like I have to stand over him. Everything was figured out and the upgrade was installed. The system is for security's sake particularly because most of the time I'm here by myself. So I got the habit of arming it at night when I go to bed. Before, I never really did that. Now, I'm more consistent. The touchscreen display makes things easier.

Before, the problem that I had when I armed it at night was that I would always forget when I'm running out of the house in the morning and the alarm will go off. Now, with the way the display screen is shown, I see it when I go down the stairs. I’m more cognitive of it so there is less of a possibility of me tripping the alarm myself as I run out the door. The wireless system is much better for me, and I’m using more of the functions than I did before. It’s easy to use and I'm very pleased with it.

So the problem and the headache that I had dealing with Slomin’s had nothing to do with the sales consultant or Matt. They were both excellent. The problem I had was with the customer service. In fact, I had another experience with Slomin’s and it's always with the customer service. When I switched to DirecTV two years ago, I debated whether or not I was going to retain Slomin’s or switch to someone else particularly because I wanted to get a wireless system. I had a key fob and that key fob was not as nice as the little ones that they have now. I had maintenance insurance on my account and I called Slomin’s when the key fob broke. But the guy I spoke to said the insurance doesn’t cover it and that it would be a hundred dollars. That really pissed me off because I had been a customer of Slomin’s all that time and they were tripping over a key fob. So that very day, I called to terminate the service.

They transferred me to somebody, which may have been the customer retention, and he said the key fob was not a problem. He sent me two key fobs just like that, with the instructions how to program them. There was no subsequent problem from that point. I had a negative experience with customer service then when I got transferred to someone else, the issue got resolved. So Slomin’s need to really work on their customer service. I even submitted a review that the service was the worst. After that, I got a phone call from a customer service manager. He gave me credit on my bill for me to consider doing a sub-review and say that they did make every effort to make it right. I appreciated that and accepted it.

Cable and internet companies have different specials and I’ve changed companies over the years. But I didn’t want to do that with my security company. Comcast was cheaper than Slomin’s. But I made the decision to stay with Slomin’s and pay a little more to have the continuity. I'm happy with the cost, considering the quality of their system. Also, I had ADT before I had Slomin's and I was very dissatisfied with them. That is the reason I’ve had Slomin's as long as I have. I’ve had them for eight years now and I would recommend them to others.

5.00/5

Original review: March 22, 2018

I'm retired now and I wanted to make sure I got a security system in my house since it's just me and my wife. I’m also about to travel and so I thought about having a security system. The interactions with Slomins' sales rep were good. I called them and a guy was here the next day. I used to have to ADT when I built my house, so my house was already wired. The tech Chris installed the equipment and I felt good about him. I'd recommend Slomins to a friend in a heartbeat.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I am very happy and I thought the technician was thorough and very helpful. He was neat. Did not rush. I really liked how he explained the alarm and video. He took the time to show me how to download the app.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Tech was fast and efficient. I appreciate the text to let you know they are in route to my house. He on time for my appointment and I was out the door. He made sure everything was working before he left the premises. I am very happy with my updated alarm.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Thank you for the very good service you rendered at my home. Thank you for keeping our family safe. I am glad that I choose to move forward with supporting my family. You are greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work. Very efficient, very reliable.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

The Tech arrived on time. He was very professional and did a nice clean installation. He explained the system and answered all of my questions. I had some concerns about my previous set up where the phone line was used to contact central station, The main issue was what happens if the line was cut. I was assured that this system is totally wireless which makes me feel a lot safer than the previous system.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Our entire experience from when the gentleman came and we signed a contract to the gentleman came and installed our security equipment. Both gentlemen were friendly, courteous, helpful and professional. I would recommend Slomins especially since this is our second home we have had it installed and are very happy with our security system.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Due to some recent robberies in the area, I felt that it was time to explore the idea of home surveillance. I was pleased by the ease of the installation of the surveillance system. The system works well. In case of any questions, the customer service team is available. The cost is within reason. I would recommend Slomins.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My salesperson was excellent and great. He was prompt and on time. The products offered were ok and the price was alright. Salesperson did everything he could've to make sure that I was priced right. I was recommended by this company from my employee and I hope she gets credit.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

The technician arrived on time, created a work plan which he shared with me and proceeded to execute. The job was done well and completed in a timely and professional manner. I have been a customer for 20 + years and most technicians have been good. This technician is certainly in the top tier.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Just bought a new home with a very very old existing security system. Contacted multiple security companies and Slomin’s was by far the cheapest. Salesman went through our house explained what was needed and why, and gave us a very fair price. Within a week the technician came to install, and despite the crazy wiring from the pre-existing was able to get it up in running quickly. Overall great experience and would definitely recommend.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Had a great salesperson and install!!! Would definitely recommend to friends and family. All information was explained clearly and new equipment was demonstrated. I also find the mobile app very helpful. We have been slow in customers for the past ten years and find the cost and service a great buy!

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

The gentleman was very kind. He was extremely pleasant and I didn't mind him being here in my home. He was here for about 8 hours, he never showed frustration, he wasn't on edge to hurry the job and run, he took his time and left when I was comfortable understanding the whole new system.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

The sales rep who came out was very knowledgeable about all of Slomins products and offers on upgrades... He was on time and very professional. My installation went very well as well. He was also very professional and didn't take long to install all new upgrades. So I would like to say thank you Slomins.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Richard was my sales rep and he was easy to deal with and explained things to me in a simple and informative way so that I could understand everything. Tyler was my installer and did a wonderful job. He was respectful and neat. He explained the system to me and was easy to understand and was very patient.