Customer Reviews

4.64/5
based on 152 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: April 8, 2018

Security was a requirement and I needed it for my office. The salesman from Slomins was in the area and he came by. He was personal and so we decided to switch from SafeTouch and go with Slomins. He walked through the book with me and showed me how the system operates. He gave me a tutorial on the video by using his phone and the system that he had installed in his home. His explanation was in detail. Plus, with the system that he had installed, I saw the system at work so, it was more of a visual.

The installation of their system was quick and professional. The installer did an excellent job and I didn’t have to stop my operations in order to accommodate him. He worked around my schedule. He asked me what I was actually looking for, then he compared to what I had already installed, and then he upgraded it. The system was a phone line and we went from a phone line to wireless. We added a camera at the house so that even if we’re away, we can look inside the home. And the cost was comparable. It wasn’t that much difference. But the features were greater and the wireless system was greater than going with the actual phone line. So if we get a line cut with the actual phone line, we still got the wireless. That was a safety feature that I like. I’m well-satisfied with the quality of their equipment.

I feel very much more secure than I was before. If people want to go wireless, they should go with Slomins. It’s much more or no less than the system that they already have. Plus, the keypad was upgraded from the keypad I have. I referred a Slomins to a friend who was looking for a system and told him how I recommend Slomins because of the personal experience that I had and catching the details that they gave me.

4.00/5

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Very satisfied with the installation. The technician did an excellent job. Great workmanship. Great customer service. Help with any questions. Service is the extraordinary and the security is mind-blowing. Feel safe with an up to date system. No pressure sales call and the salesman was very efficient.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

The entire setup from start to finish was handled in a professional and courteous manner. The sales agent was the best! He made sure and my needs are met. I would certainly recommend the entire team to friends and family!

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Everything went very smooth from signing a contract to installing and fixing the old alarm system to a real testing. Mr. ** the sales rep was great. He answer my questions and professional. Technician also was knowledgeable. I am very happy with service. Thank you guys.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Work was done quickly and without mess. My only concern is that I would have liked to have the doorbell camera installed but did not know that my doorbell needed to be wired. But the external camera works great.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

The experience from beginning to end was very smooth. I gained a lot on information on how everything works. It was definitely very clean work as he moved around the house. I would recommend Slomins for anyone who would ask.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

They came on time as scheduled. Keith who the installer was clean and professional. Had the security and oil in my last house as well. I always highly recommend Slomins oil and security services to all family and friends!!! They provide excellent service.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

We opened a new business location and we had a new Slomin’s Alarm System put in two months ago. This system is all new to me because the other one is really old. The button and keypads are all electronic, but everything is good, so far. I signed up for the interaction with my iPhone, as well. The additional increase for the feature we picked wasn’t that much and it was explained to us thoroughly. Also, their technicians are very efficient and personable and they know what they are doing.

Every security system provider in our area is offering the same service with about the same pricing, but I've been using Slomin's services in different business locations and residences for 30 years and I’ve always been satisfied. From time to time, we’ve had a couple of issues with the equipment not functioning properly and they have always taken care of it quickly and efficiently. I would definitely recommend them. And over the past five years, we’ve set up some of my children’s houses with them as well.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We've used Slomins for years and recently had our original Slomins system upgraded to a newer system, plus a few upgrades. The process took a few hours and the installer was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The new system works perfectly, is much easier to use and has a lot more features.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Everything with Slomin’s was great. When we would ask the customer service reps a question, they would get back to us. When we needed something done, they sent the servicemen over to do it. We upgraded our security system, and the guys who were here to install were cordial and they knew what they were doing. We asked for all the bells and whistles, and they gave us the new technology with the cameras, smartphone, and looking at the alarm online. Our system serves its purpose, and the cost is good. We’re very happy with Slomin’s.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The Slomins Installation man, was professional, efficient & extremely neat & clean. He took the time to show me the new system, install the app on my phone & answer any questions that I had. I am very pleased with Slomins & have been a customer since 2001. I have recommended Slomins to friends & family.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Slomins is dependable and fairly priced and I always recommend them. I had the home security system put in a long time ago to be secure. They gave me a good deal. The features in the system are good enough and there was some newer stuff that came out, but as long as the system works, I’m with happy with what I have. When I had a wire that evidently had been chewed by some rodent leading to a crawl space, it registered as the door was never closed. Slomins sent out a technician and he was extremely nice. He was competent and was patient when he heard my problem. He found out why the alarm did not work and he was able to fix it. I will stay as a Slomins’ customer as long as they provide the same kind of service that they did.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My old security system was outdated. I started looking at other possibilities and because my daughter had gotten her Slomins a little while before, I looked into it. They have what I needed. They also offered everything that everybody else did at a good price and I didn’t have to change too much in my system. Comparing the cost between a couple other ones and my previous one, Slomins is cost-effective. Their equipment is state-of-the-art. It's nice and I like it. I have been with Slomins for a month and I've had a pleasant experience. Their sales representative was very knowledgeable and informative. He answered all my questions. The technician was nice and also knowledgeable, and the installation only took a couple of hours. I was pleased with Slomins and I would recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I'm very happy that I have Slomin's. We've had them for 12 years now and we did some upgrade. It took a day for them to do everything with the installation, but everything was good. They were very professional and knew what they're doing. They put a camera and a thermostat, and my sense of security is much more. Also, all of the customer service reps are wonderful. They're very helpful and nice. Whenever I call, they answer and always resolve my issue. I didn't have to pay a lot out of my pocket for the system and I'm happy with whatever I pay.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Back in 1999, I looked up a lot of systems and I saw that Slomin’s was a family-oriented company. Since then, their policies have stayed the same and they've upgraded. Also, anytime that I've had any questions, they've always answered their phones. However, there was a time that I couldn't do it anymore financially. But when I was financially able again, I went back to them because they're a company that is for the customer.

Their sales team was good. They were not pushy and they let me make up my mind. If I wanted an alarm at a certain place, they'd tell me okay but then give suggestions too. What I also liked was that they explained everything. By the time they took me as far as the installation, they asked me if I have any questions and then they took me to everything they were gonna do in my house and what kind of system I needed.

As far as their personnel coming in, they've been efficient and courteous. They've done their work and then cleaned up after themselves. The installer was cordial as well. He acted like I knew him for years. He went to the job and did it. Then, he let me go through the whole system, showed me everything on it, and explained everything about it. The installation was really fast because they used the same wiring from my old system. With the previous alarm on the doors, the installer just took those off and put the new ones up. We also had the one that was hooked up to the phone system which the installer took out and put the new one where that was. Then, I was gonna replace a bad door and they said they would come back and do it. And as soon as I called, a gentleman came straight on out and did what he had to do.

The alarm system is beautiful. It’s got a lot of features and it's excellent. I love the new one because it’s a panel that you just touch and the panel would tell you if you left the door or a window open. Wherever you have your alarms at, it’d tell you that. I can also arm and disarm the system on my cellphone, which I really like because if I forget to arm the system and I’m running out of the house or when I take the groceries or have something all in my hand and I gotta disarm the alarm system, I can do that.

The alarm also gives you a whole minute to get out of the door. Then, when you go out of the door, you can turn off the voice because when any door is open, it tells you which one it is. With the old system, it would be ringing and you've gotta figure out where it is. There's also a feature where you can push a button and Slomin's reps can hear what’s going on in the house without them calling. So, they’re listening on to check if somebody’s bothering you and it’s recorded.

Another thing I like about Slomin's is that when that alarm goes off before you even breathe, they are calling you. And when they do call you, they’re so courteous. They'd also ask you if everything is all right or if you need any help. When the alarm went off the first time and I had to call, Slomin's rep said that they didn't have a number for me to call the police station. The person that answered the phone on weekends, because they weren’t open, took all my information and forwarded it to the company. She didn’t tell me to call this or that, unlike what a lot of other companies do. She said she would do it and when I checked, the company had all the information. With the Slomin's system installed, I feel more protected. They're also a very good company that does not charge for false alarms and has a very reasonable price. I have told people about them.

4.00/5

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I was very pleased with my Sales Rep. Mrs. **, she was awesome with follow-up and follow through. My Installer was very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. We had an alert and it took mere seconds for someone to call and check on my family! This service is very reliable!

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I've been with Slomins for the last 20 years and my experience with them has been great. When I moved from New Jersey to Florida, I had a new installation done and it went smoothly. The tech was thorough, professional, and knew what he was doing. There was a part that he needed, and he went out of his way to get it and come back, which took him almost two hours. I told him to come back the next day, but he was so dedicated to getting it done. The quality of the system is good. This is a newer version of what I’ve had in the past. In the past, I had the hard-wired while this can go wireless. Slomins is an excellent company. They're responsive and they seemed to be on top of the game, especially with technology.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

There was an initial issue, however, a Slomins supervisor came out to do an inspection and issue was immediately resolved. We have been a Slomins customer for the past 28 years and have been happy with their product and service.

1/5  to 5/54
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Oct. 1, 2018

My experience with Slomins WAS horrible, BUT the gentleman from Slomins who called me after reading my review was wonderful and helped resolve my issue completely. It is a shame it got to this point at all, but I was very pleased with how it got resolved to my satisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I decided to upgrade to a touchpad for my alarm. It would cost $8.25 per month more, but okay... Well, they ripped out the old keypad and installed the EXACT same model keypad. No one at Slomins told me why they did this, nor did they apologize for it. But - they DID decide I was still obligated to pay the new rate because "I signed the contract." The sales associate that sold me the new keypad had no explanation why this happened. His manager refused to speak to me, saying "Tell him to call customer service." So I called customer service and they were useless. All they said was "You signed the contract." I got ROYALLY screwed by Slomins. To say I am disgusted is an understatement.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I’ve been with Slomin’s for 19 years and I recently upgraded to have a camera. Everything went fine with their sales reps and everything was beautiful about the installation. They got me a new system and it took the guy two hours to install it. The new features are good and so is the quality. The smartphone feature is also easy to use. Overall, I’m happy with the company.

3.00/5

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

There have been burglaries in the area and I got the Slomins alarm system for my wife's security. This is my second system with Slomins and they have deals for the price. My interaction with them this time was very good but on the previous system, they sucked. I had a problem with the previous system and they would not come out and look at it. But apart from that, my experience with them has been mostly good and the installation has been awesome. The guy was nice and explained everything. I am a big fan of the smartphone features and I use them for monitoring and looking at cameras but I would also like to get the electric locks. The cost is also very fair and the quality is good for the price. I'm happy with the system and I've recommended them.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I'm satisfied with Slomin's so far. I've been with them for many years now and the old model system I have was recently upgraded. The installer was very helpful and outstanding. The cost of the system is good for the quality. I have the digital keypad in all of the entry points, and I feel secure with the updated and better system. Slomin's is a secure, sturdy and stable system.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was very pleased with the alarm upgrade experience. I called to inquire about alarming my new windows and the representative took it from there. I was pleased with the price negotiation as well. (I had considered switching to ADT, but called SLOMINS first because I have been a heating and alarm customer for over 20 years). Amadeus and Jesus were professional and courteous. All good. I already recommended you to a lifelong friend.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

So far I have been satisfied with the product. I have made a couple of errors and the response to possible intrusion has been instant. I use the auto device often and find it is very useful and handy for me. Being a senior citizen living alone it is a comforting to go to bed at night knowing that I am safe and if there is an intrusion that alarm should change anyone's mind about proceeding further.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The guy who installed our Slomin's system was very diligent and on tact. It took him a day and a half to complete the installation. The system we have is remote and not like the old-fashioned kind. I've used the touch feature, but I find it kinda odd because you need to use a stylus. It does not react to your heat like a smartphone does, which I thought what it was gonna be doing. Still, I would recommend Slomin's.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I’ve had the security system for about 10 years and I upgraded it recently. I’ve had a couple of issues where I’ve had to call the customer service of Slomins and they’ve been very helpful. One time, the alarm went off at 2:00 in the morning and I didn’t know what was wrong. I called them and they walked me through it. They were very nice and knowledgeable on the phone.

When I originally got the system, the rep knew what he was doing. When I did the upgrade, the rep walked me through everything too and she was knowledgeable. The installer, Matt, was in and out in no time. It was a very easy and quick process. I had small dogs running around and he was nice with them and he really knew what he was doing. He cleaned up after himself too. I got the key fob which I love. It makes it easy and I don’t even have to touch the panel. When I’m coming in and out of the house and I have a bag of groceries, I don’t have to run to the panel. Anybody that I talk to that talks about an alarm system and even if they've never had one, I really recommend Slomins.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Had a great technician. He was timely and quick and neat. Also personable... Also had a trainee with him who also was great. Slomins is a great company and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a security company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We have had a Slomins security system in our home for more than 20 years and we are completely satisfied. We recently upgraded/updated a few features of the system and the salesperson and technician that helped us determine what we needed were both very professional and helpful. The technician put in a very full day of work in the heat and humidity to install the new features and worked until the job was completely done. He was in every level of our house and was very efficient and neat. He was patient and took the time to answer questions about the installation when we wanted to understand how things were going to work and be set up. We are very pleased with the services provided by this technician and Slomins. Keep up the good work!

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had an alarm system with ADT but I didn’t like their service. Their billing was too confusing, so I cancelled it and then my son recommended Slomin's Alarm Systems. The rep was pleasant enough to deal with and he gave me a lot of information. The quality of the equipment is fine and I like the panel because it’s big and I can see everything on it. I also like using the remote which I have two of. Slomin's is an easy to use and competent system and the billing is straightforward.

2/5  to 4/52
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 5, 2018

I was contacted by the customer service manager who apologized for all the issues we experienced, explained anything that was communicated incorrectly the first time and made it right. Thank you for taking the time to do the right thing. Customer service is so important, especially to retain new customers.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I agreed to have a new alarm system installed. The sales and installation process went fine and then we received an invoice for fees already paid and alarm permits which we already have and it the permit # was provided to the salesperson. It took four calls to resolve the issue, one of which was with an obnoxious manager who was rude. Also, the App does not function in the manner the salesperson presented. I called and canceled the use of the App which is at an additional fee. Totally not worth it. If I had it to do again, I would not have switched from my existing service provider.