Customer Reviews

4.49/5
based on 181 ratings
Read more reviews

Slomins Alarm Systems

Hugh, thank you for switching to Slomin's.

Original review: April 9, 2017

With ADT before, I was paying a lot more for monitoring and and I owned my own equipment. They wouldn't bring their price down. That's what motivated me to switch to Slomin's. I had a pleasant experience when the salesperson came to the house. The company only had to install the transmitter because I have everything else already set up so that went smoothly. The technician just had to go through some debugging of Slomin's hardware. With their security system, I have peace of mind.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Anna, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I wanted an alarm system. So when I heard that Slomin's was good and they were having a special, it was appealing to me. They were very accommodating too so I went with them. The system was easy to install and everyone was wonderful. They took care of all my questions and every need. I moved to Jersey in February and I went right back with them for the security system because I had the same type of experience in Philadelphia when I had them. I moved to a safer place but I still wanted their system because I have a nephew that's on drugs and I need to monitor the system for when he comes and goes.

Slomin's was nice enough to accommodate my needs without saying anything to anybody in the house. They kept everything low key. On the other hand, I was confused about the latest system that's working for a special need that I had and I thought it wasn't working properly so I called the other day. They called me back and they were accommodating. The rep that I talked to didn't understand what I was saying so I guess it was a little frustrating for her. Maybe I didn't understand the system when they installed it and I thought it worked a certain way when they showed me. But then when I went back in, I'd seen that it worked in a different way. She was trying to explain it to me and I wasn't quite getting it at that time but she was good. But other than that, I'm very satisfied with them and overall, my experience has been wonderful.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Tracy, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: April 5, 2017

Slomin's is excellent. I can turn the alarm system on or off from my phone. When I call them for any question, they answered right away. They have been very professional and courteous. I was also very impressed with the installers. They came when they said and cleaned everything up.

4.00/5

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nikko, sometimes pinpointing an issue can be difficult and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for feedback that you provided.

Original review: April 4, 2017

As soon as we bought the house seven years ago, we signed up with Slomin's. The previous homeowner had a security system installed and Slomin's was able to use what they had and just started over with a new contract. They checked everything during the installation. We've had technicians before and they were good. When we first started, it was only the standard doors and windows. A month ago, we upgraded to the digital touchscreen, the wireless one and that's a new feature we really enjoy. We can also access it through our cellphones. It's convenient when you run out of the house and forget to turn the alarm on. At least, you can check and see if you did or didn't do it.

The Slomin's app on my phone is very user-friendly. It's pretty simple when you arm or disarm the system. But, it’s the waiting to make everything happen every time for a minute. We definitely felt much safer knowing that the system is there. There have been instances when it randomly goes off and that's a little startling in the middle of the night when you think maybe there's an intruder. However, we know that a glitch might happen with all systems every now and then. Slomin’s customer service reps were good. But, the last time we had issues with the windows and we were troubleshooting it, we had three technicians come back and forth and try to fix it. It's an inconvenience until they finally got it fixed. Other than that, it's been very good experience in general.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Mrs. Dratch, thank you for being a loyal Slomin's customer.

Original review: April 3, 2017

We use Slomins for our home and our hospital, and our experience with them has been very good. We were here for when they set up the alarm and they were very thorough and professional. They worked very diligently and got everything installed. We've been using them for about 23 years and we keep renewing our package with them because we trust them. And when they offer a good promotion, we realize that it's a good deal and we continue staying with them. We just got the two outdoor cameras and an indoor camera because recently, somebody had my key and I was afraid they made a copy of it. So, I thought it would be a smart thing to have the cameras outside.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Stephen, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: April 1, 2017

From my initial contact with sales rep Anthony ** discussing my equipment update, to my dealing with the tech #** who updated my system, I am very satisfied. Great professional experience all around. Would highly recommend Slomins to someone looking for an alarm system.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Carolyn, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 31, 2017

Excellent service; I could not have envisioned a better experience from the initial phone call to discuss setting up an in-home rep visit, thru to account setup, installation and service; it has all been outstanding. Without hesitation, I recommend Slomins Shield!

Slomins Alarm Systems

June, we appreciate that you have been a customer for 33 years and it has been our pleasure to service you and your family.

Original review: March 31, 2017

When we moved in here 33 years ago, my brother-in-law was using Slomin's for oil, and I've been using them from the day I moved in the house in 1983. I also have a primary security package from them. I had the device installed five years ago because I wanted to feel safe in the house, and Slomins did the job. In fact, they did more than they even said they would do because it was a harder job than they expected, but they didn't charge me more. They just included it and I've been with them ever since. I feel that they're very good and I'm very satisfied with their services so far. Their sales and service people are all very efficient, nice, and polite. It's very easy to deal with them. They do what they say they will, and they tell me what the prices of everything are very fairly. Also, they give me an upgrade every five years.

As for the alarm, it goes off like an earthquake. I leave it on when I'm home and I feel safe. When it gets set off by mistake or for some reason that we don't know, we call Slomins and their team members are right on it. The police comes as well in a minute or two. The only time that there was a lag was when it was Sandy because 7000 people were down. And I was very scared in the house because there was no alarm. After the first day or two, the battery backup saved. And I even have a new system now that you can cut the phone line and shut it down. It's very awesome. Aside from the alarm, they're very competitive with their oil prices, too. So to me, Slomins is a very good company.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Felisha, thank you for choosing again to protect your home and family.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I'm 100% satisfied with Slomin's. I used them at my previous address and I'm still using them at my current one. Their installer was very helpful and very kind. He was on time and he was perfect at never walking on my rug. Then he had one of the shoe pad things to put over his shoes. He listened to all my concerns and he did what I wanted to get done. When there's anything that needs to be taken care of or fixed, Slomin's always send a technician to take care of it and they do a really good job. They were also good at when my husband has his little ups and downs with the security. I can be in my home without worrying that someone's going to break into it and not getting help being sent to me. Slomin's is the best security system to have in your home. My experience with them has been great and I would recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kristine, we happy to hear that you decided to switch from ADT and appreciate you deciding to choose Slomin's to protect your home and family.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I'm very satisfied with my experience with Slomin's. I signed up for their takeover package with regular monitoring and they used my existing equipment. I was with ADT before, but their service was horrible. Slomin's is a million times better so far. They answer questions, show up when they're supposed to and do the right thing. Marty, the sales rep, was very knowledgeable and their installer also went above and beyond. He was here eight or nine hours. A few of the receivers on the windows wouldn't work with the new system, but he did the right thing and didn't charge us for them, although he got permission through somebody. Since getting Slomin's, the alarm's no longer going off at 3:00 AM for no reason.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Gary, we are glad that you switched from ADT and that the system is performing as you would like.

Original review: March 26, 2017

I love Slomin's. I used ADT in the past but Slomin's is 75% better. With ADT, we could hear a little beep when the door opens so sometimes we won't even know if someone comes in but with Slomin's, we can clearly hear when the door opens so we absolutely know when someone enters. When I had the ADT, I never armed it but since I've got the Slomin's, I arm it every night and every time I leave the house. I feel safe both when at home or not. The system is great and I'm grateful I have it.

Slomins Alarm Systems

James, thank you for the feedback. There have been many enhancements in the technology of the alarm system and as those enhancements continue to progress we will keep our customers updated.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I had Slomins' alarm system before but I switched to Comcast. Their security system had cameras but it's all wireless and I had to replace the batteries every time I turned around. So I went back to Slomins since everything is in the wall and everything is on a fixed system. I don't have to worry about anyone cutting the alarm system too, because if they do, it'll trigger the alarm. I also have a key so I can simply press it to set my alarm on and off. I like that it chimes so I'll know that the alarm is on and chimes double when the alarm is off. But Slomins' surveillance cameras are overpriced way too much so I didn't get them. Another thing is that the keyboard could be a little bit more updated and wireless. But I still like their system and I'm satisfied. My wife also feels more secured having it. I would recommend Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kenneth, thank you for being a loyal Slomin's customer.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I never respond questionnaire but I felt I should. I have always been very impressed with my alarm system and the personnel that I talk to at Slomins if I ever had an issue. Last week there was forecasted a "major" snowfall for the area and I was scheduled for the install on the day it was going to hit us. Sunday to my surprise I had received a phone call asking if they could install on Monday. I was really impressed. I thought I was going to be delayed at least a week because of the snow. They were able to work around my crazy schedule to accommodate me. Eric the alarm installation tech was very professional. He instructed my wife and I on how to use the new keypad was very informative. In short I just wanted to say thank you for employing good people. From the person that I spoke to about scheduling to the install tech. Very professional and polite. My wife and I feel safe knowing that we have Slomins looking after our house!!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Vicki, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 17, 2017

It was very easy to order Slomins shield. The sales person was very nice giving good information without being pushy. I received confirmation when the tech person would be at my house to install the unit. The tech installer was extremely nice, very informative and took his time teaching me what I needed to know. So far I am very pleased with Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Daren, great to hear that the system is protecting your home and family as you desired.

Original review: March 17, 2017

From initial consultation through installation and everyday use, Slomins has been great! Every aspect went smoothly and everyone we worked with were professional, knowledgeable and courteous. The system works nicely. My young kids are able to use it as easily as us.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Ann, happy to hear that the system and installation was to your satisfaction.

Original review: March 17, 2017

The salesman Steve ** was wonderful. He explained everything about the system thoroughly... we have not even triggered the alarm as of today! Installation was just as good... quick and painless with no problems. I will absolutely recommend the alarm system to anyone I know. We are very satisfied customers. Thank you!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Bridget, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 12, 2017

A friend had Slomin's and told me it was good, so I decided to go ahead and get it too. Everybody was professional. I love the salesmen and the technician who came out to install the system. Everything's good and working properly.

Slomins Alarm Systems

N, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 9, 2017

We have had Slomin's for 15 years. Quite satisfied with service. Installers have been great, but the last upgrade technician was the best. Very thorough and explained how to use our new digital system with ease. Newer systems match updated look and tell you which door/window was open and when.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Madeline, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 9, 2017

The technician who installed the security system was on time, pleasant, courteous and a good worker. He worked neatly and quickly and made sure I was familiar with the system before he left. With the installation, I feel more confident now that my property and myself are safer. I would definitely recommend Slomin's.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Merman, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 3, 2017

The installer was good and very friendly. We're 100% satisfied with Slomin's service. My wife feels more relaxed being at home with the alarm because I work at night, so it makes it easier for me. However, Slomin's needs to improve on their camera system. I want another camera but I don’t think I can afford a $500 camera because it’s too expensive.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Frank, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I install telephone systems and Slomin's is a customer of mine. I have many choices but I might as well use somebody that uses me. I used them first for my oil and heating services when I bought my home three years ago, and I was happy with that. I reached out to a friend of mine at Slomin's and told them that I'd be interested in adding the alarm with my oil. One guy came and he was knowledgeable, showed me how to use everything and did a great job. We’re very happy and feel much better now with the alarm system. I would highly recommend Slomin's.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Carla, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I've been using Slomins for a little over a month, and I like it better than my previous provider. I got the wall-mount and the motion detectors, and it's more updated than my old provider. The installer was on time, quick and efficient. He explained everything to me, so it was good. He was friendly too. I'm very satisfied with the service and I feel a little more secure because I would know immediately on my phone if something's going on.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Matthew, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I had Slomins previously and I had ADT as well but the cost was twice of Slomins, so I had Slomins installed recently again and it was easy. They were done in a matter of two hours. The salesman and the techs were excellent, too. I surely feel more secure ever since using Slomins and I'd definitely recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Krista, thank you for the feedback

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Everything seems to be good. The Slomin's team was here when I came home from work and they were very polite and courteous. They were visiting with my husband and leaving as I was coming home because everything was all done and it seems fine.

4.00/5

Slomins Alarm Systems

Dominic, we will contact you regarding your question about the security camera.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I like the wireless upgrade to my system went and I was pleased with the installation. The only problem is I don't understand why the video surveillance camera was not included in my basic package. Slomins is currently advertising that as a free item to be included.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Deon, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

There has been a lot of quarrels happening along my area and I've seen other people who have Slomins so we decided to get it. The installation docs were pretty clear and everything was easy. We had one incident, accidentally, and everything was pretty fast. We've had less worries since we got the system and the app works really well on the phone.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Michelle, thank you for the feedback

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

With Slomins, you have a secure place to live because you have an alarm system that's efficient. I've used Slomins for 11 years now. I've had parts that had to be replaced and they came out, then I recently had an upgrade, so my interactions with them were great. They've had excellent people who are concerned about your needs and not just what they can offer as far as additional features just to get you to spend money. I always felt it was about security and feeling secure in my home environment. When I met with the initial Slomin's contact person, I was very impressed by his presentation and that's what made me go with them. The man was very honest about what I needed and what I didn't need.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Pamela, thank you for your feedback and reminder that you receive a credit for 3 months of monitoring for every customer you recommend.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Great service! This was a very easy process to get alarm. Salesman Shannon was great very professional and explained everything to me and made me feel comfortable with my decision to get a Slomin's Security System. I definitely would refer Shannon & Slomin's to my friends and family.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Silvio, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

The upgrade department over the phone explained a system that fills my needs. The person answered every question. The tech did a great job installing my new system and explaining how to operate the unit. Nice guy and very helpful.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jim, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

System was installed and is satisfactory at this time. The installer showed up on time and was very knowledgeable. The installer went out of his way trying to find and install the Slomin's App, but after many attempts he found out my phone was not an Apple or Android. The installer even found some faults with my system from my last security company and repaired them.