Customer Reviews

4.65/5
based on 131 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Slomin's is 100% better than ADT. Their equipment has great quality and the system’s features are awesome compared to ADT. I love the smartphone feature which was another reason why I switched. Plus, I like to check the weather in the system a lot. The overall functionality and performance of the system are really good. When the rep from Slomin's came in, he explained everything and took the old system out. Then, he put the new system in and showed me all the specs of it even though I already knew because I had it installed in my other house already. Since having Slomin's, I feel more protected. I had an excellent experience and I would always choose them.

5.00/5

Original review: March 15, 2019

We are very pleased with Slomins. I have had their system for 10 years and everything is good. We had a very nice young fellow come out when the battery needed changing. He talked to us and everything worked out fine.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Alarm work well. Salesperson was very helpful and installer was very good. We are very happy with the doorbell camera. Alarm is very easy to use and has a lot of ice features and flexibility. Overall we are very pleased with this product.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I feared being burglarized and I decided to get a home security system. I went online, looked at Slomin's and I got ADT. Somebody played with the website and I got really pissed off with ADT because I don’t like that. I called Slomin's directly. I have them at two houses and I remembered their number since it’s a fairly easy one. I got the salesman out and he went through the house. He and I agreed on where these things should be placed depending on how many I need. I closed one of my houses through the winter and I disconnected the telephone because I didn’t need it. With Slomins, you don’t need a telephone to call out to the central system. It works by WiFi. The installation was smooth enough and the technicians were very good. What I have with Slomin's is better than what I had.

In November, as I was closing up the house through the winter, I had the plumber come out to the house to drain all the pipes, blow out the line and put in antifreeze. When I was going to close up the house, one of the sensors wasn’t on. I called up Slomin's and I explained the situation to them. I begged them to send somebody out that day but they said they couldn’t. So, they made an appointment to send the guy out the next morning between eight and 10 in the morning. He never showed up but he eventually called. He said he couldn’t make it because of the snow yesterday. I told him that he gotta make it because I’ve already closed up the house. He said he was not going through and then, he made an appointment with me for the next Tuesday but I told him to come up on that day. I have no food, no heat, no water and no toilets but he wouldn’t come.

I called Slomin's and I complained to them. I explained my situation to the lady and she felt badly for me. She said that she would have somebody there that afternoon, which was really nice of her. Somebody else came up in the afternoon. Originally, whoever the repair guy was, he should be fired. He said stupid things and I hate stupid comments. In either event, I did get it fixed. It was a very simple one. The guy who who eventually came should be commended because he saw right away what was wrong and it took him five minutes to fix it.

The functionality of Slomin’s system is fine but there’s no consistency. I have one in New York City and one in Wurtsboro, New York. Though the two machines are identical, they’re programmed differently. I asked to have them both programmed the same way but they didn’t do it. I accepted the reason they gave me. They said it was more secure the way they do it but I have an older one and a newer one, and the older one is the way I like it. When you get to be older, you have done it in a certain way and to change is difficult. The change here is calling the police, which I have no desire to do if I’m not being robbed. In either event, consistency between locations is very important with the machinery.

I have on my cellphone my country house application, the app and I have the country house on it. When I wanna switch to the city house, I have to close that app and put in the other address, open that up, put in the username and the password. When I wanna go back to the country house which is where it usually is, I have to do it all over again. I have to close it and reopen it. I should be able to use the same application for more than one house and the more often that I use my flat, little fingers on this little thing, the more errors I make which frustrates me and I’m not in the business of being frustrated.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Closed on my house in the afternoon and the first thing the next morning they were able to install my alarm. My salesman was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. The installer came on time and did an excellent and efficient job as well. I could not have asked for a better security experience. I had truly an excellent experience and would recommend Slomins to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Have been a customer for 10+ years, had system upgraded (free) & added smoke & carbon monoxide detectors in house. System is easy to use, transition to new system was smooth, each time we have to contact Slomin’s with a question, they are professional, courteous, and pleasant. We are happy with our service. Satisfied customer!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We got Slomin's security system as a preventative measure and at that time, it was a package. I was getting the oil from them also so we got a lower rate. We got a locked in rate for a couple of years on the oil. The only negative thing is that on occasion when the alarm goes off, they don’t call. That’s happened a couple of times. If you shut it off within a certain period of time, they don’t call you. But in six years, I’ve had no problems whatsoever. In fact, I had tried another system, which I still have, but it was such a rip-off. It isn't funny. It’s from Alarm.com and they were terrible.

I ended up calling Slomin’s and not only did they come, they also updated my system. After five years, they updated the system and the system is wonderful. They put their camera here and it works absolutely fantastically. So that was another thing with Slomin’s. They covered all of my issues. My price went up for like $5 but for me, it was well worth it just to have the cameras. I can also look at it on my phone when I’m out. It alerts me. There’s only one problem that I've had with the update. My key fob keeps falling off and I just got that. It fell off five times already and I’m afraid of losing it. I don’t know what to do about that. But they gave us two key fobs and it doesn’t happen to my husband’s. That aside, they’re very thorough and knowledgeable. They’re courteous too. And those are all important things. My last salesman was Anthony. He came from Slomin's home office and he was great.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was very pleased at the way in which your technician, Omar installed a doorbell video camera in my home. He checked out all my other alarms and sensory devices. He was courteous and very professional. In addition, he wrote down all the necessary locations for the devices that had previously been installed in my home. He also took the time to explain and demonstrate how my new doorbell video camera worked.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

My experience with Slomin's Alarm Systems has been good. When I bought the house, the system was already there. I just transferred the service from the previous owner and decided to continue, and the process was easy. The rep was very outgoing and he explained everything clearly. So far, I like what I have. It's good.

3/5  to 5/52
Consumer Increased Rating!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I had a Slomin’s home security system in a different house. I had a great experience with them for 15 years. I got a newer system with them. When getting things set up, their sales team was fine. At first, I thought the quality was updated. I thought the new system was much nicer than the old-fashioned system that we had. It’s all wireless, which was good. The installation was fantastic. We just moved into a new house. All the walls were already fixed and painted. When they were trying to install it, they didn’t have access to power. What the technician did was commendable. He called his supervisor and said that he couldn't get to the power. The supervisor came and, between the two of them, they figured something out where they didn’t have to break down my walls to run the power that had to be done. I thought that was admirable.

At first, customer service was okay. But now, I’m having some problems and it’s taking a long time to get them rectified, which has me a little bit annoyed. That time, I was having trouble with one of the sensors which kept going off. It would always ring at 2 o’clock in the morning. The alarm company asked me if they needed to send the police. I said no and that I checked everything out and everything was fine. They were willing to stay on the phone, which was excellent. When the service guy came, he was great for the first time. But when it happened again with a different sensor and I couldn't get the service guy for six days.

I had to keep bypassing that one particular zone for six days and that was not acceptable. If I leave the house unprotected, then what do we have the alarm system for? Plus, every time I put the alarm on and then you come in, and I have to bypass that alarm the next time I go back out. It’s not like when I bypass it once, it’s set. I have to keep bypassing it. Unfortunately, we keep running out to the store. Every time we come back in, we have to remember the bypass. If we forget, like we did the other night, it kicked off again at 2 o’clock in the morning.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Slomin's reps came out and we talked about where I wanted my cameras and my monitor. We went over pricing. Thereafter, the techs came out and it was a neat job. They were pretty fast with it. Thus far, I like that I can operate the system from my phone. I use the app all the time and with it, I can watch the cameras and arm the alarm. Since getting Slomin's system, I've been feeling comfortable.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My son recommended me to Slomins. I just want to say everyone at Slomins kept me updated on the scheduled date and time and informed me of arrival of technicians arrival time. When the tech arrived he introduced himself (Dimitrius) very professional and knowledgeable of equipment. All in all excellent service!

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The prior owners of the house had Slomin’s and when we called the company, their representatives were excellent. They explained everything and were very attentive. Plus they gave us a great deal. How could we turn it down? The equipment was there. They just had to reinstate it. We kept the keypad and all the wireless sensors on the doors and the windows. We just added a few more. The representative we dealt with was also good about giving us the remote thing for entering from the car. We got a couple of those. I’m not at the house all the time so it’s reassuring that the system is on and working.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I liked the time I had to buy my oil from Slomin's. They made me a good deal from home security and I've had them ever since. However, there came a time when there was a problem with my system. They put in a new "brain" for it. I spoke with sales and a salesman came to explain everything. Thereafter, they sent a technician who did the upgrade. He did a very good job and I was happy with him. Overall, the cost of the system has been reasonable and I've been happy with the service. I recommend Slomin's.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Both Scott ** your salesman and Walter your installer were very professional, easy to deal with and so far the service has been outstanding. The system is working as expected and I hope to be a satisfied customer for many years to come.

4/5  to 5/51
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Dec. 12, 2018

I would like to thank Gary for contacting me and scheduling a technician to install and providing me with a touchscreen keypad free of charge. This makes me very happy and I will continue to be a happy Slomin's customer.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Overall, I was completely satisfied with the installation and upgrade. I was disappointed when the upgrade was done, I only received one panel and keypad. With my prior system, I had three keypads. My expectation was that I would receive at least two panels/keypads; which would have been similar to my previous system package prior to the upgrade. I have been informed by Slomins that another keypad is $200+. So, if I am upstairs, I cannot hear if someone enters my home through an unlocked door.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My installer Sal gave excellent service. He was professional, very experienced and very neat. It was a pleasure having him work in my home. He worked nonstop throughout many hours without a break. The finished product of the installation of 3 security cameras was perfect. And he set up our App and taught us how to use it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I’m perfectly happy with Slomins. It’s my third property with the alarm system and so far I have no worries with their service workmanship or customer service. I have been a customer for almost 18 years. My parents and other family members has switch to Slomins.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Very easy experience for order processing to install to training to implementing. Neil my installing tech is a gem in the rough. True professional and very knowledgeable. The keypad is very clear and easy to navigate through the screen settings and operation. I like to check my phone for the cameras and motion detection of which is the main reason for the system chosen.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Tech ** (Omar) did a outstanding job, he removed an old system and cleaned up around it. Once he was completed he explained the system to me since it was new for me. He also suggested something services that you provide that I will be looking into.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

System was upgraded to wireless and windows were added. We were also trained on how to use the new system and install application on our phones. The sales person, Owen, was very professional and the gentleman who installed the system was as well. He found an issue during testing and didn’t leave until he resolved the problem. We were very pleased with the service.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I’ve always had Slomin's for the last 20 years. I like the billing cycle of every three months and the price is reasonable. When my alarm goes off they immediately contact the police department. I called to be upgraded and they sent someone out who was very knowledgeable with what I needed. I can now see from my phone whether or not my system is unarmed. I didn’t have that capability before.

It’s a good service. However, sometimes they get things confused. I was a long time standing customer and I didn’t like the corresponding letters they sent. Two times I missed the payment, and they sent me a letter asking if I was gonna continue my services. The tone of the letter was nasty, and I felt offended. I told them, “You sent me such a nasty letter but you never sent me a thank you letter when I pay my bill for a whole year in advance.” That was one of the reasons why I decided to end it but they sent the gentleman to my house and I got a nice service and a nice price so I stayed. I gave it another try. There’s always room for improvement.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We are frequently away for extended periods and decided that we needed to upgrade our security system and add a freeze and water leak sensors. We have been Slomins customers for over 15 years and very pleased with their services but considered purchasing the sensors from independent sources. After much investigation and online searching, we called in Slomins to see what they could do and at what cost.

We decided to go with Slomins and are happy with the decision. The installation tech was FANTASTIC!! And the monthly increase was minor, mostly for the eco sensors. Our base system was upgraded with a new panel box, the fire/smoke detector was upgraded (included), all of the window/door detectors were checked, 2 motion detectors were added at key sites (added one-time cost), the freeze sensor and water leak detector installed. After the installation, the tech completely explained who to use the new keypad. He did not rush at all despite the fact that there was a snowstorm and he was probably looking at 3+ hour trip home. Overall, we are pleased that we did this and remain pleased with Slomins customer service.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The technician (installer) was very nice and professional. He took the time to fully explain what he was about to do and answered our questions. When he finished he trained us in the operation of our new system and made sure we had a good understanding of its function before leaving.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The gentleman that did our installation was very professional and thorough. He explained everything and went through the demonstrations. I am very happy with my system and this is the third one because in the order 2 instances I was promised one thing and received something else.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I wanted a new security system, and I liked the quality of Slomin's equipment. They also have good customer service and they're very responsive. The installer did a great job, too. I’m happy with the features offered with the system, and the smartphone features are easy to use. I like it a lot. I feel more secure since having Slomin's, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The two gentlemen did a great job, very professional. Overall I am one hundred percent satisfied. The system is very easy to use. They explained it to me very well. This is a fantastic product. I feel very safe with this product.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I had my unit installed about 2 weeks now. Works great for what it is. They ran wires through the wall and did a clean job. We had one motion sensor, one glass break and the controller main unit. Might get some other stuff down the road.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Like upgrade very much because it more user friendly. I no longer have to change batteries. Also like the fact that I no longer have to clean the keyboard. This system has cleansing option built in. Also like having the delay option when you are entering or leaving just in case you are held up for a second or so. Vast improvement from the older system.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I was with ADT for about four years and I called them because I wanted to find out how I could replace the battery in one of my units. Their customer service department said, "Oh, no. We can send a technician for $49. And they can replace it for you." And I told them, "I am a long-time customer. And if you cannot do that as a courtesy, I don't want to be part of you." Also, their prices keep going up every year. I got tired of them. They're too big. I run a family-owned New York company, and I've known Slomins for a long time. I decided to say goodbye to ADT and I switched to Slomins.

The representatives at Slomins have been fantastic! The guy that installed it the system was terrific. He explained everything and he was so patient. My Slomins system has really good features. The app is very basic, but I would love to see an activity report like when the door opens or closes. I have a teenage son and sometimes, he lets his phone run out. I freak out when I can't get a hold of him because his battery run out. I will look at the phone and I'll know he is okay and that he is home. So, the report will be very helpful, especially, to moms like me.