Customer Reviews

4.09/5
based on 179 ratings
Read more reviews

Slomins Alarm Systems

Brad, thanks for the review!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Overall great experience. Initially an issue with the contract, but that was straightened out almost immediately. The installer, Glenn, was superb. He was prompt, knowledgeable, experienced, and friendly. Although the alarm system itself was only installed several days ago, I am completely satisfied with the system.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Valeria, that is great to hear! Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My daughter was getting Slomin’s and she told us about it. She had researched the others and compared prices. We felt Slomin’s was the most fair and so we got it. The installation went very easy, the tech knew exactly what he was doing. He went through it very quickly and explained everything to us. We’ve had it at home for a month now and I feel so much better. I love the system and the way it works, with the secret code in case somebody enters the house without our permission. And I like the way it’s attached to my phone. I could always turn it on when I’m out of the house, turn it off when I’m at the house, whatever I want to do. We sleep better at night too.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Andrew, thanks for the review and trust in Slomin's!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

An amazing Slomin's salesman came and laid out everything for me. I liked the way he broke it down and then he upsold me some stuff. He hit me with two different ways that I could take care of everything and I could have money upfront that won't cost me more on the backend. He didn't seem shady, was really trying to be beaming but also very personable. He made me feel comfortable spending the money that I did with them. Then the installation went great but I didn’t know I had to have Wi-Fi in the house to get the cameras installed. The alarm has been working awesome but I’m waiting to move into the house and get everything set up so I could give them a callback to get my cameras installed. I look forward to being a long-time customer of Slomin's and I'm definitely going to try to get some other people get them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Anthony, we are pleased that everything went well for you!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Slomins' process was very easy, their prices are very good and their equipment is very nice. I got the basic package and the installation was very easy. Also, the sales guy and the installer were very pleasant.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Oilida, we appreciate your loyalty as a customer and glad to keep you safe!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I’ve had Slomin’s for about 10 years now and when I call them with a problem, they come back and work with me. The last time the technicians came, the system wasn’t working because it was outdated. And they did what they had to do and it was good. They also gave me advice what to do. So it was very good.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Dale, thank you for the review!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I've known about Slomin’s for a long time, since I interviewed with them to work for their company. We've just started using them and we got their basic package with the cell transmitter. We had them take over our home security service because of the cost. The salesman was good. I knew both the salesman and the installer previously and I had no problems with them. I talked to the rep, Mike, occasionally. My wife feels safer with the security device. My only concern is that I'm a little disappointed with the central station on my doors that are supposed to be instant. But otherwise, it turned out good with them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Steven, thanks for the review and we appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

My experience with Slomins has been very good. We learned about it from a neighbor who had a system put in and then we also had ours installed about two months ago. We’ve definitely feel safer and have peace of mind having it.

Slomins Alarm Systems

James, thanks so much for the review!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We've been using Slomins' security system for 20 years. I spoke to the guy who installed the system and he was professional, and he answered my questions as well.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Chris, we appreciate the feedback and review!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I've had Slomin's Alarm Systems for 20 years. I waited for their installers and once they came, they went right to work and did what they had to do. When they were done, they cleaned up after. They were also professional, including the manager who came. Anytime I had a problem, I would call and their team would answer the question and help me through it.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Tyra, we are glad that everything went so well!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

I had Comcast as my home security provider before. My mom told me about Slomins Alarm Systems and Comcast didn't have the features that Slomins had so, I switched. The installation took about an hour and everything went through fine. I feel safer now and the system is louder than the other alarm system I had. I've had their service for two months now and I've had a great experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Carolyn, thank you very much for the review!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I don't remember the technical names. Came out to install my system. They was nice and l enjoy talk with them. They help me a lot. I thank you for send me two nice man's out here. I will enjoy have this service with you. I like and l known l going to enjoy this system.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Melissa, we glad you feel safer and appreciate the feedback!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I had a previous security system but it’s old and it didn't do what I needed it to do as far as technology goes. And so I got Slomin’s and have had it since August. The gentleman who installed the device was very nice and the reps were absolutely pleasant as well. I had to call them because of a $50 bill for the City of Philadelphia which I had already paid. Since installing the device, I definitely felt safer and got peace of mind. Overall, Slomin’s is a great company.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Richard, thanks for trusting in us and your review!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We have been with Slomins Alarm Systems for a month. Their salesman came to our door and we switched from ADT to them due to money. Installing the system was nice, clean and fast. My overall experience was pleasant.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kimberly, thanks so much for the review!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We had our equipment upgraded and, as usual, the technician was fabulous. He happened to be the same tech that did our initial install in 2009. We will continue to recommend Slomins to our friends. Thanks for being such a good company.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Michael, thanks for the review and feedback! We will be in contact shortly.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I had Slomins for over 20 years at the old house. We moved to Jersey and I picked them up here. They were good in the past. They had some commercials about a free camera and I was hoping to get an upgrade since I had them for 20 years but I didn't get that.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Sidney, thanks for the review. We will check that out for you and get back to you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

We put Slomins in our home two months ago and it was fine and they had a fast response when I goofed. I opened the door and before I could shut it, the phone rang. The only problem we have is it’s been a couple of months now and we haven’t gotten a bill.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Regina, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I have Slomins' home monitoring service and installing the security device was easy and smooth. I once accidentally set off the alarm and they were very quick to respond. And I appreciated that. I feel safe simply having an alarm service, so it comes in handy.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Luis, thanks for the review. We are glad you and your family feel safe!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

We've been using Slomins for almost three months now and I’ve been calling on my bill to come and pay what’s due. When I finally received it, it’s cheap and prompt when it's supposed to be. Also, the installation was cool, quick and professional. The installer did what he had to do and left. Everything works so far. I got daughters and I feel safe when I'm at home and I could leave with ease and come back.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Robert, thank you for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

My nearly 20 year system was upgraded and a flood sensor added, the technician did a neat job and was very professional. Have been very happy with Slomins service for nearly the past 20 years, would definitely recommend to relatives or friends looking to install a security system.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kim, thanks for the feedback and review!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

As far as security, we’re not really out in a bad area. The way my house is set up, I can be home and nobody would know it, and I’ve lived like that for 30 years. But my husband works across the way and there was a disgruntled person over there. We have a lot of expensive stuff and I have a lot of guns, and we didn’t need him sneaking over here and getting in to anything, and this led us to put the alarm system in. I called a couple of alarm system providers, but their prices were astronomical and their reps were very pushy. So, I went online to find the security provider that was supposedly the best one out there at the moment. Slomin's Alarm Systems was further down from that company and I’ve not heard really great things about ADT in my area, but I decided to give Slomin's a try.

I went on the website and called Slomin's, and the girl I talked to was real nice, and I set up an appointment for the sales person to come in. But the only issue I had was that Slomin's advertised a certain amount on the website, but once the sales guy got there, the price was totally different. I hate it when companies do that and that made me a little leery in the very beginning. But he was such a nice salesman and he said that he was really sorry, and I decided to go with Slomin's anyway because he was so honest about the matter and everybody else was charging $1,800. After that, I was fine and I’m glad I went with them.

Slomin's put in our alarm system in February or March. The tech and installers that they sent out were great guys and did their job. It took them a couple of months to have the new cameras installed but it was worth the wait. The tech was a nice, polite guy who stayed till after 6:00 at night to put the cameras in so that he did not have to come back the next day since I'm quite far from them, and I couldn’t ask for anybody better.

It was very easy to learn and get used to the system. I’ve never had an alarm system before, so for people like me it’s so hard to get used to an alarm system so quickly, but that was not so for Slomin's alarm system. We’re still getting used, though, to using the cameras. After the installation, it was funny because a little blue cloud came across the phone. I rolled down my screen and a notification said that the camera had sensed something. I put the camera on and saw four kids in my swimming pool. They’re allowed to come over and the camera sensed them coming down the walkway and into the pool, and I was watching them while I was at work and that's pretty cool. The other night, I saw that the kids had left all the pool lights on so I went out and shut them off. Those new cameras are awesome.

The alarm also goes off when I forget to use the garage door when going inside the house and I go through the back door instead. When that happens, we run for the remote button that's like a little fob that sets and shuts the alarm, and it's fantastic, and I don't even use the keypad on the wall. I can even turn the alarm off from work on the phone. I've had a very good experience with Slomin's and I really enjoy their alarm system. Everything works well and is so wonderful.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Thanks for the review and feedback, John!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Love The way I can turn it on and off from my iPhone. My family feels safe at night when sleeping and so do I. We went to the Beach the other day out of town and had no worries about our Home. So many things go on in the news nowadays you would be wrong not to have a Alarm System in your home. Can't wait for my cameras to be installed. They are able to live viewing and cloud storage with motion detection and notifications. So excited to have and be able to check when packages are delivered. Slomins is the Best.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Walter, thanks for the review!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Having trouble getting used to alarm. Triggered alarm several times letting dog out or to get mail. Having the alarm will ease my worries when taking vacation. I will check with my homeowner's insurance. I was told you can get a discount, another plus. Thanks.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Tondylea, we are happy to hear that she was able to solve your problem!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

On August 3 2017, I called customer service 3 times. Each one I spoke to gave me a different way to solve the problem. Two of them were rude and difficult to talk to. I call customer care spoke to Michelle, she is wonderful. Help solve the problem in 3 minutes. She is great!!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nicoleta, thank you for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I had ADT before but Slomin’s provided a better rate so I switched and used Slomin's for 10 years in my old house. Now, I moved in a different city, in a condo in a gated community with a 24-hour security guy, and I still have them. I still wanted them because I trust them so much. The installation was awesome and the guy was very helpful. I have the digital lock at my door so he showed me how to do it. Also, I am really happy that I can put the alarm on and off with my phone, which is an awesome option. Slomin's is great and I'm really happy with them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Harry and Lisa, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

There was a major snowstorm coming the evening he came, and this did not affect the great job or customer service we received! He was here promptly and installed our alarm system quickly and efficiently. He answered any questions and provided us with all the necessary information we needed. He did a great job!

3.00/5

Slomins Alarm Systems

John, we are glad Josh came out and helped resolved any issues you had. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I was told by your salesman, I didn't need glass break or window alarms and that cats would not set off new motion detectors. On installation day, Josh the installer came out and told everything the salesman said was wrong. He worked with me and got the problem resolved. Josh was very very helpful and made sure we had what we needed. He is a very dedicated young man and should be commended.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joseph, we are glad Slomin's can give you the comfort needed in home security!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We had a dog for many years affecting how we used the security system. In some ways, the dog not only replaced what the security system was made to do, but the nature of animals are that when left to themselves, they will find ways to trigger the system. We used our security system, but not very effectively. With the dog gone, I felt it was time to re-adjust so that we could effectively use the monitor security system in light of our present situation. I suspected that the industry had changed a lot since my last update. This turned out to be a huge understatement. The industry is completely different! The agent went over my options, the technician updated the system and patiently went over its effective use (including reminding me about long-standing features I had forgotten). It was obvious that the technician anticipated my needs, setting up the system the way I wanted even before I told him. I have been using my security system effectively ever since.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Brouycie, thank you very much for your review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

This company has very knowledge techs. Chavon, explain to me and my husband how to work this new alarm system, camera also rich. Came over the next day and explain to us why our camera wasn't showing through our phone. He fixed that, Slomins shield has a Great team. We are very happy with this company.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Charles, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Very happy with my upgraded system and the monthly monitoring fee. My old alarm company couldn't even compete with Slomins rates AND I got camera and options on my iPhone which the other company couldn't offer nor compete with... Would definitely recommend.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Genevieve, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Customer service and the technicians working on the installation were extremely courteous and informative. The upgraded security pad is easy to use, and has all the information a customer needs. We love the capability of using our cell phones to turn on/off our security system, as well as the ability to use the key fob.