Customer Reviews

4.39/5
based on 216 ratings
Read more reviews

Slomins Alarm Systems

Bridget, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 12, 2017

A friend had Slomin's and told me it was good, so I decided to go ahead and get it too. Everybody was professional. I love the salesmen and the technician who came out to install the system. Everything's good and working properly.

Slomins Alarm Systems

N, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: March 9, 2017

We have had Slomin's for 15 years. Quite satisfied with service. Installers have been great, but the last upgrade technician was the best. Very thorough and explained how to use our new digital system with ease. Newer systems match updated look and tell you which door/window was open and when.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Madeline, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 9, 2017

The technician who installed the security system was on time, pleasant, courteous and a good worker. He worked neatly and quickly and made sure I was familiar with the system before he left. With the installation, I feel more confident now that my property and myself are safer. I would definitely recommend Slomin's.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Merman, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 3, 2017

The installer was good and very friendly. We're 100% satisfied with Slomin's service. My wife feels more relaxed being at home with the alarm because I work at night, so it makes it easier for me. However, Slomin's needs to improve on their camera system. I want another camera but I don’t think I can afford a $500 camera because it’s too expensive.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Frank, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I install telephone systems and Slomin's is a customer of mine. I have many choices but I might as well use somebody that uses me. I used them first for my oil and heating services when I bought my home three years ago, and I was happy with that. I reached out to a friend of mine at Slomin's and told them that I'd be interested in adding the alarm with my oil. One guy came and he was knowledgeable, showed me how to use everything and did a great job. We’re very happy and feel much better now with the alarm system. I would highly recommend Slomin's.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Carla, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I've been using Slomins for a little over a month, and I like it better than my previous provider. I got the wall-mount and the motion detectors, and it's more updated than my old provider. The installer was on time, quick and efficient. He explained everything to me, so it was good. He was friendly too. I'm very satisfied with the service and I feel a little more secure because I would know immediately on my phone if something's going on.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Matthew, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

I had Slomins previously and I had ADT as well but the cost was twice of Slomins, so I had Slomins installed recently again and it was easy. They were done in a matter of two hours. The salesman and the techs were excellent, too. I surely feel more secure ever since using Slomins and I'd definitely recommend them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Krista, thank you for the feedback

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Everything seems to be good. The Slomin's team was here when I came home from work and they were very polite and courteous. They were visiting with my husband and leaving as I was coming home because everything was all done and it seems fine.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Dominic, we will contact you regarding your question about the security camera.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I like the wireless upgrade to my system went and I was pleased with the installation. The only problem is I don't understand why the video surveillance camera was not included in my basic package. Slomins is currently advertising that as a free item to be included.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Deon, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

There has been a lot of quarrels happening along my area and I've seen other people who have Slomins so we decided to get it. The installation docs were pretty clear and everything was easy. We had one incident, accidentally, and everything was pretty fast. We've had less worries since we got the system and the app works really well on the phone.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Michelle, thank you for the feedback

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

With Slomins, you have a secure place to live because you have an alarm system that's efficient. I've used Slomins for 11 years now. I've had parts that had to be replaced and they came out, then I recently had an upgrade, so my interactions with them were great. They've had excellent people who are concerned about your needs and not just what they can offer as far as additional features just to get you to spend money. I always felt it was about security and feeling secure in my home environment. When I met with the initial Slomin's contact person, I was very impressed by his presentation and that's what made me go with them. The man was very honest about what I needed and what I didn't need.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Pamela, thank you for your feedback and reminder that you receive a credit for 3 months of monitoring for every customer you recommend.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Great service! This was a very easy process to get alarm. Salesman Shannon was great very professional and explained everything to me and made me feel comfortable with my decision to get a Slomin's Security System. I definitely would refer Shannon & Slomin's to my friends and family.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Silvio, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

The upgrade department over the phone explained a system that fills my needs. The person answered every question. The tech did a great job installing my new system and explaining how to operate the unit. Nice guy and very helpful.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jim, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

System was installed and is satisfactory at this time. The installer showed up on time and was very knowledgeable. The installer went out of his way trying to find and install the Slomin's App, but after many attempts he found out my phone was not an Apple or Android. The installer even found some faults with my system from my last security company and repaired them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Yolanda, thank you for choosing to become a Slomin's customer.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

The sales rep I talked to was very nice and professional. He spoke with a lot of details and if he didn't have the answer, he called somebody right away and get the answer for me. The installer was very polite, too. He knew his stuff, explained things to me which was great and did the installation really quickly. I enjoyed it. Everything was nice and smooth. With Slomins, I know that my family is secured and I'm secured at night. And even when were not there, I feel fine. I opened the door a couple of times by accident while checking the alarm off and it really works. So it's good. I would definitely recommend Slomins. Also, I have a couple of people that have ADT right now and are just waiting to finish their contract so that they can contract with Slomins.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Allan, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I've had Slomin's for a week, and so far, the systems installed seem to be working fine. We're happy with our experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Donna, thank you for the feedback and we are sorry to hear about your dog.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Upgraded our burglar system. Very satisfied with the service and the technician. Job well done. We have been Slomins customers for a long time. Our dog recently passed away and we wanted more protection. Slomins price and service is top notch.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nicholas, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Our technician from Slomins was professional, friendly and fast. He got right to work and completed his job quickly. He showed us how to use the new keypad and answered all our questions. He showed up on time and identified himself. He was an A+!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

David, happy to hear that the installation was completed to your satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Very satisfied with both the product and the installation experience. Slomins installation technician was extremely helpful, proficient and professional. He really took the time to explain the technical aspects of the system as well as optimizing the choice of alarm zones and placement. No pressure sales people and a painless installation made the whole experience A++. I couldn't be happier.

Slomins Alarm Systems

John, we appreciate the feedback and thank you for being a long time Slomin's customer.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I was very pleased with the work. Troy was very professional and very neat. He is an asset to your corporation. I have been a Slomins customer almost 18 years and I am always satisfied if I need to have some looked into.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Rossana, we are happy to hear that no one was hurt in the fire and that Slomin's was able to help save your home from further damage. When you coworker calls please make sure that she has your account number. Once her system is installed you will receive a 3 month monitoring credit on your account.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Thank you for your professionalism, I will recommend your services whenever someone asks me about Slomins. There's a coworker Alana ** that will be contacting you. Last year I suffered a fire and if it wasn't for you guys calling the police my whole house would have burnt, this was told to me by the fire chief.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nancy, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My son checked into Slomins for me. It was the best deal that he found. The installer was very professional, and did the job very quickly. I was very pleased with that. I feel a little more secure since having the system and it's very easy to use.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jeff, thank you for being a loyal customer.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

My experience with this upgrade was as good as it gets. Neat and clean and complete in about three hours. All of this was done at no charge using the accumulated points on my account. Slomins also gave me a central station monitored fire and smoke detector at no extra charge.

Slomins Alarm Systems

John, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I have been with Slomins for many years. They provide great quality service at better than fair cost...Knowledgeable technicians and efficient telephone support. This recent upgrade was tough and the first technician made a minor mistake. But the second technician easily found the problem and fixed it. Tested everything and kept me informed. Nice...

Slomins Alarm Systems

Robert, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I've been with Slomin's for many years now. I've had alarm and oil back when I use to have oil so I've known them forever. I've had a very good experience with installing my security device. It was very easy. The service they gave was good and the whole thing was excellent. Everything went smooth.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Linda, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We had the old Honeywell before but Slomins is very good in comparison. We got Slomins due to its reputation and my acupuncturist and my massage therapist said that the company was good. They also knew Billie Jean who's part of their women's Wednesday business group and who's worked with different companies, and Slomins is one that she recommended. Installation was very easy. Everything went very smoothly surprisingly. Everybody was absolutely knowledgeable and I was overwhelmed because there was so much information to take in but the workers couldn't have been any nicer. With the Slomins system, we feel a lot safer in our own home. We highly recommend Slomins. It's a new system for us but we're very impressed so far. It's a very pleasant experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joyce, thank you for being a oil and alarm customer.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

My old oil company wouldn't give me a good oil price for a fixed rate so, I shopped on and I spoke to my neighbor who's very happy with Slomin's. I got both their oil and the alarm system. I feel confident because they're a big company. I've had to call them once and they advised me on what to do and no problems there. I've been very happy with their pricing and I'm very satisfied with their service. I would recommend them to anybody and in fact, I already have.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Corey, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I heard about Slomin's through a referral. We customized our package and it's the first alarm system that I put in myself and have I've been using it for a couple of months now. The whole experience with the company, as well as the sales rep, was great. They worked with me on everything that I needed, including the service and installation, and went above and beyond to make everything look nice and to make me happy. The system is very simple to use and has made my life very easy as I turn the alarm on and off through my cellphone. I was very satisfied with the experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joe, thank you for the feedback and if you have any problems please give us a call at 516-932-7000.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

The salesman was real easy to talk to and the tech that installed the security system was a very well trained professional. The installation was very nicely done. With the system installed, I now sleep better at night. Also, the oil that I get from Slomins is of much better quality and my burner runs much better so I don’t have to service it as often. Overall I’m very satisfied. Sometimes, the camera doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to and I have to reset it at the modem. But I don’t know if that’s Slomins' glitch or the modem box’s glitch.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Danielle, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Slomins Alarm System was great. The guy who gave us the estimate knew his stuff. He wasn't trying to sell extra stuff which was good. During the installation the guy from Slomin's was informative too. Overall, they're fast and reliable.