Customer Reviews

4.60/5
based on 140 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: April 8, 2018

Security was a requirement and I needed it for my office. The salesman from Slomins was in the area and he came by. He was personal and so we decided to switch from SafeTouch and go with Slomins. He walked through the book with me and showed me how the system operates. He gave me a tutorial on the video by using his phone and the system that he had installed in his home. His explanation was in detail. Plus, with the system that he had installed, I saw the system at work so, it was more of a visual.

The installation of their system was quick and professional. The installer did an excellent job and I didn’t have to stop my operations in order to accommodate him. He worked around my schedule. He asked me what I was actually looking for, then he compared to what I had already installed, and then he upgraded it. The system was a phone line and we went from a phone line to wireless. We added a camera at the house so that even if we’re away, we can look inside the home. And the cost was comparable. It wasn’t that much difference. But the features were greater and the wireless system was greater than going with the actual phone line. So if we get a line cut with the actual phone line, we still got the wireless. That was a safety feature that I like. I’m well-satisfied with the quality of their equipment.

I feel very much more secure than I was before. If people want to go wireless, they should go with Slomins. It’s much more or no less than the system that they already have. Plus, the keypad was upgraded from the keypad I have. I referred a Slomins to a friend who was looking for a system and told him how I recommend Slomins because of the personal experience that I had and catching the details that they gave me.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was very pleased with the alarm upgrade experience. I called to inquire about alarming my new windows and the representative took it from there. I was pleased with the price negotiation as well. (I had considered switching to ADT, but called SLOMINS first because I have been a heating and alarm customer for over 20 years). Amadeus and Jesus were professional and courteous. All good. I already recommended you to a lifelong friend.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

So far I have been satisfied with the product. I have made a couple of errors and the response to possible intrusion has been instant. I use the auto device often and find it is very useful and handy for me. Being a senior citizen living alone it is a comforting to go to bed at night knowing that I am safe and if there is an intrusion that alarm should change anyone's mind about proceeding further.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I’ve had the security system for about 10 years and I upgraded it recently. I’ve had a couple of issues where I’ve had to call the customer service of Slomins and they’ve been very helpful. One time, the alarm went off at 2:00 in the morning and I didn’t know what was wrong. I called them and they walked me through it. They were very nice and knowledgeable on the phone.

When I originally got the system, the rep knew what he was doing. When I did the upgrade, the rep walked me through everything too and she was knowledgeable. The installer, Matt, was in and out in no time. It was a very easy and quick process. I had small dogs running around and he was nice with them and he really knew what he was doing. He cleaned up after himself too. I got the key fob which I love. It makes it easy and I don’t even have to touch the panel. When I’m coming in and out of the house and I have a bag of groceries, I don’t have to run to the panel. Anybody that I talk to that talks about an alarm system and even if they've never had one, I really recommend Slomins.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Had a great technician. He was timely and quick and neat. Also personable... Also had a trainee with him who also was great. Slomins is a great company and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a security company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We have had a Slomins security system in our home for more than 20 years and we are completely satisfied. We recently upgraded/updated a few features of the system and the salesperson and technician that helped us determine what we needed were both very professional and helpful. The technician put in a very full day of work in the heat and humidity to install the new features and worked until the job was completely done. He was in every level of our house and was very efficient and neat. He was patient and took the time to answer questions about the installation when we wanted to understand how things were going to work and be set up. We are very pleased with the services provided by this technician and Slomins. Keep up the good work!

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I had an alarm system with ADT but I didn’t like their service. Their billing was too confusing, so I cancelled it and then my son recommended Slomin's Alarm Systems. The rep was pleasant enough to deal with and he gave me a lot of information. The quality of the equipment is fine and I like the panel because it’s big and I can see everything on it. I also like using the remote which I have two of. Slomin's is an easy to use and competent system and the billing is straightforward.

2/5  to 4/52
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Sept. 5, 2018

I was contacted by the customer service manager who apologized for all the issues we experienced, explained anything that was communicated incorrectly the first time and made it right. Thank you for taking the time to do the right thing. Customer service is so important, especially to retain new customers.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I agreed to have a new alarm system installed. The sales and installation process went fine and then we received an invoice for fees already paid and alarm permits which we already have and it the permit # was provided to the salesperson. It took four calls to resolve the issue, one of which was with an obnoxious manager who was rude. Also, the App does not function in the manner the salesperson presented. I called and canceled the use of the App which is at an additional fee. Totally not worth it. If I had it to do again, I would not have switched from my existing service provider.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

A friend of mine has Slomin's and he was happy with it so I gave it a try. They put it in complementary and they got that back on the monthly fee. They offered a free camera but I didn't want one so I got the extra keypad for upstairs. They've been good. The salesman was not high pressure and was excellent. The service guy was also very professional and courteous. He set everything up with the old keypads while he put the new keypads and checked the system. The keypads are good. At least when he was here, everything was good. The installation took him a little over half a day.

Last night at around 12:30 the alarm went off. I went to the pad upstairs and it said that the family room windows were breached. So I went downstairs. A technician is coming today but not for this problem. But since it occurred, hopefully, he can take care of it because I've never seen an alarm system go off when the windows were closed and functional. I've only had the system for almost two months and so far, so good until last night. I had to call Slomin's and tell them not to call the police. Hopefully they can fix whatever went wrong. Other than that, the system is very intuitive and has different zones you can arm and disarm from your smartphone which is nice. So in case I had my son-in-law coming in, I can disarm it and then arm it when he leaves if I'm not home. It's got some neat features.

4.00/5

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I was with ADT for ten years then I switched over because Slomin's had a lower monthly monitoring cost. But when you have to call, you get through to an ADT person almost immediately. With Slomin's, you have to sit on hold for five minutes. It’s ridiculous. The few times I've dealt with their representatives were totally positive though. The equipment is also the same as I had before but the control panel is more modern so I’m happy about that.

4.00/5

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

In my other life, I had to deal with a lot of security issues and I didn’t like the other company. On the other hand, Slomins Alarm Systems is a good company that produces a good product. Also, they're bigger and have more prettier signs. Their customer service team was good. They came over when they were supposed to and the installation went fine. They knew what they were doing. We’re just having one issue with one motion detector ‘cause it seems to be going off and we can’t figure out why, but that’s it.

I would have liked three signs, though. That would make me happy. The sales guy and the installation guy didn’t have any so I had to call the office and they said I could only have two. I wanted one for the other side of the property and they said no. Also, I wish the instruction manual was a bigger print. But Slomins is a reputable company. They do a good job and they’ve been in business for a while.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

We had a security system in our other house about seven years ago. When we purchased this house, it already had Slomin's in it so we just activated and updated it. Our interaction with their sales team was fabulous. They sent over a representative and he gave us knowledge of the system. He was top notch and he knew what his stuff is. He told me exactly what I should do 'cause I was overboard on some of the security. We also added some extra security which was not done by the prior owners of this house so that came up really good. We have everything secured from the garage to downstairs to upstairs.

The features and the security equipment itself is awesome 'cause they went right into work the first month we had it. I just had a fire in my house so in between trying to get my kids and the dogs out, the fire alarm rang. They were probably trying to call me, but I was too busy trying to get stuff situated. They called the fire department, and the fire department came to my house to help out tremendously. The system is number one in my book for now. I also use its smartphone feature all the time. We get a chance to just look and arm the alarm on if we forgot it. Slomin's is a known brand and its cost in relation to its quality is a very good deal. I'll trade it in for nothing. It's definitely a high tech security. We love them on the house and we're happy with it. If someone asks me about Slomin's, I would tell them they better get it quick.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

New system installed by technician. The technician was extremely knowledgeable, and helpful. He arrived during the allotted time slot and stay for a long time to make sure that everything was installed properly. I would highly recommend Slomins to a friend!

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We moved to a new home and I called the Slomin’s representative to whom I was referred to through my nephew. He came and gave me some good deal. I shopped around and they were okay in pricing. It was what we could get that was in the marketplace. They have good equipment, and the system is wireless, too. They offered a lot of stuff but as you get more, the prices go up like the smartphone feature which costs extra $5 a month. We just needed the basic alarm system and that was what we went with. That guy who did the installation was nice and knowledgeable, and everything was good. We like Slomin's and we would refer other people to them. They're a local company on Long Island so we're not calling other states and that’s another good thing.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I was with ADT and I wanted to switch over. And for years, my family had Slomins. The installation was excellent. An older man and a younger guy came and they were excellent. They answered all my questions and they constantly asked me. They were concerned if they did it right according to my standards. One thing that I like better about ADT was the keypad and I can turn the alarm on or off on the internet. But with Slomins, I like the setup and the price. Also, it’s cost-efficient. The payment is every three months instead of paying monthly. I like the features in my system and I like how the weather comes up on the screen. Also, I like where I can look and see how many times the alarm has been turned on or who turned it on.

I have the smart features of Slomins but it doesn’t work. It would constantly ask to refresh the panel or call the number. And every time I call, the people would tell me to refresh it or clear the PIN. I should have had an extra pad in my basement because I never go out in my front door. I come in and out through my driveway in my garage. I have to run through the house and it only gives me a certain amount of time to turn it off. The app needs to be tweaked to be better but it’s not reliable. I like having a keypad. It’s easier to just hit the keypad as opposed to having to go on my phone to turn it off before I go home, as well as going online.

For the most part, I like Slomins better and I love it. I get more with them than with ADT. I compare all the pros sometimes so I’m just gonna continue and stay with Slomins because I really like the features. All their representatives were wonderful and the customer service is good. They try to tell everything that they learned as far as the issues. So, they were telling me that a lot of people have a lot of problems depending on the cellular company. I have T-Mobile and a lot of their complaints come from a lot of T-Mobile carrier. They pointed that maybe it could be the connection with the carrier from T-Mobile as opposed to other people when it comes to WIFI and wireless. I was a little disappointed too because I no longer have wireless in my house so I wasn’t able to get the camera feature. I see the promotional on TV for the free smoke detector and I like that. I’ll maybe get the free smoke detector.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Charlie is the perfect example of an excellent customer service employee and knowledge as well. It was a pleasure to have him work in our home. Based on his skills I would recommend your company to anyone, he made us feel comfortable and also he made sure we understood the system before he left.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Gentleman who had installed the security box and system was extremely pleasant and effective. He took little time, explained all the necessary details and should continue to work for your company. This gentleman is an asset to your company. Really.

5.00/5

Original review: July 24, 2018

Effective and efficient; uninterrupted; uncomplicated; customer-service driven; easily done; not too time consuming; economical; ease of use. Will provide a wanted level of security and safety; put up signs as a warning symbol and as a way to provide worthy advertisement for the company.

4.00/5

The install job was great; however I did not know about the key-chain remotes until after the fact. Also I believe I am supposed to register with the town but no one told me for sure. The sales supervisor said the install guy will go over but it was 100 degrees on 07/13/18 and he was there for half a day just rewiring and hooking up cameras. Who is supposed to tell me what to inform my homeowners insurance? Or Town permits? Also the video camera would be a nice option too. Only one device can be logged into the system at a time. Which both my husband and I have OCD so we want to check out our 1st home all the time.

5.00/5

Original review: July 18, 2018

Been with them a while now. Always good service and response times when my alarm goes off. Much needed security in these times helps protects my family as well as our home. I have also recommended them to family and friends, most of the ones I told are Slomins customers. Oh yeah! My next door neighbor is one of the people I told and she’s a customer now. Thanks Guys???

5.00/5

Original review: July 17, 2018

I wasn’t happy with the company I had. I switched to Slomin's and they are 100 times better. They had a rep come over who explained everything to me and told me he was gonna match up everything that I had here. Then he set up the date and time for one of the technicians to come. And he showed up on time and did a nice job. He was also very polite and professional. It was a great experience.

So far, I’m happy with the system I have. The other company I had came in and did an upgrade then nothing was right. From the keypads to the wireless, it was horrible and they couldn’t fix it. So, they came back and tried to fix it. But the guy didn’t have the part. And from what I understood, they use outside technicians. They don’t use their own people. But the guy from Slomin's that came and took everything out was a rep from the company. He was in full uniform and he didn’t understand why the other company would send outside contractors to do that.

5.00/5

Original review: July 6, 2018

Tech arrived on time. Worked efficiently. Was very neat and clean installing equipment. Was very thorough in explaining new system and how to operate the system. He gave me a booklet to learn more about it. He cleaned up his materials and work area. I disposed of his materials for him. Very good job.

5.00/5

Original review: June 25, 2018

Salesman was excellent and the service was great. Service technician Vinny was not only knowledgeable but took his time to show us how it worked and checked that the system that has been in place since 2002 worked flawlessly. I would not hesitate to recommend Slomins to my family and friends.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Wanted to have my alarm upgraded so I can monitor from my iPhone. Signed up for the new display units but tech was nice enough to let me know that my current system was better and I only needed to add a cellular module. Great advice from the tech! I wish I didn’t have to sign up for another 5 year contract since I really just added a module to my existing alarm system.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I was very satisfied Slomins Shield. They communicated well and arrived on time and the security system was hooked up in no time. The technician was friendly and very knowledgeable about the system and where to place the sensors. After using it for a week it's still very easy to operate. I would recommend Slomins Alarm System to anyone.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Installers were very professional and completed the job on a timely basis. Also everything was left very tidy. The installers were very knowledgeable and was able to install cameras with very little issues. Cameras are easy to use and extremely clear reception.

Original review: June 18, 2018

We are very pleased with the upgrade of our 10 year old system. The new technology allows for easier access to our alarm system via MySlomins App. This gives us more options both when we are home or away. We highly recommend Slomins to our friends and families.

5.00/5

Original review: June 14, 2018

Excellent customer service!! Amadeus, the sales rep was fantastic. He explained everything concisely and in detailed and he answer all of my questions. The guy who installed it was courteous, knowledgeable and efficient!! He also explained all the features to me! I am very happy!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Wonderful - we are delighted with the new service! We had Altronics for 23 years - and they didn't care that we moved on! The Slomin Shield installation group was great - professional and actually cared about us as customers! Reasonable price for a great service!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Mike and Bobby were great!! They came installed explained everything clearly showed me how everything worked. I’m extremely happy with my alarm system. I would recommend them to everyone. I know the system works as my husband set off the alarm one morning after I left and don’t answer the phone so I got the call.