Customer Reviews

4.73/5
based on 149 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: April 8, 2018

Security was a requirement and I needed it for my office. The salesman from Slomins was in the area and he came by. He was personal and so we decided to switch from SafeTouch and go with Slomins. He walked through the book with me and showed me how the system operates. He gave me a tutorial on the video by using his phone and the system that he had installed in his home. His explanation was in detail. Plus, with the system that he had installed, I saw the system at work so, it was more of a visual.

The installation of their system was quick and professional. The installer did an excellent job and I didn’t have to stop my operations in order to accommodate him. He worked around my schedule. He asked me what I was actually looking for, then he compared to what I had already installed, and then he upgraded it. The system was a phone line and we went from a phone line to wireless. We added a camera at the house so that even if we’re away, we can look inside the home. And the cost was comparable. It wasn’t that much difference. But the features were greater and the wireless system was greater than going with the actual phone line. So if we get a line cut with the actual phone line, we still got the wireless. That was a safety feature that I like. I’m well-satisfied with the quality of their equipment.

I feel very much more secure than I was before. If people want to go wireless, they should go with Slomins. It’s much more or no less than the system that they already have. Plus, the keypad was upgraded from the keypad I have. I referred a Slomins to a friend who was looking for a system and told him how I recommend Slomins because of the personal experience that I had and catching the details that they gave me.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was very pleased at the way in which your technician, Omar installed a doorbell video camera in my home. He checked out all my other alarms and sensory devices. He was courteous and very professional. In addition, he wrote down all the necessary locations for the devices that had previously been installed in my home. He also took the time to explain and demonstrate how my new doorbell video camera worked.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

My experience with Slomin's Alarm Systems has been good. When I bought the house, the system was already there. I just transferred the service from the previous owner and decided to continue, and the process was easy. The rep was very outgoing and he explained everything clearly. So far, I like what I have. It's good.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Slomin's reps came out and we talked about where I wanted my cameras and my monitor. We went over pricing. Thereafter, the techs came out and it was a neat job. They were pretty fast with it. Thus far, I like that I can operate the system from my phone. I use the app all the time and with it, I can watch the cameras and arm the alarm. Since getting Slomin's system, I've been feeling comfortable.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My son recommended me to Slomins. I just want to say everyone at Slomins kept me updated on the scheduled date and time and informed me of arrival of technicians arrival time. When the tech arrived he introduced himself (Dimitrius) very professional and knowledgeable of equipment. All in all excellent service!

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The prior owners of the house had Slomin’s and when we called the company, their representatives were excellent. They explained everything and were very attentive. Plus they gave us a great deal. How could we turn it down? The equipment was there. They just had to reinstate it. We kept the keypad and all the wireless sensors on the doors and the windows. We just added a few more. The representative we dealt with was also good about giving us the remote thing for entering from the car. We got a couple of those. I’m not at the house all the time so it’s reassuring that the system is on and working.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I liked the time I had to buy my oil from Slomin's. They made me a good deal from home security and I've had them ever since. However, there came a time when there was a problem with my system. They put in a new "brain" for it. I spoke with sales and a salesman came to explain everything. Thereafter, they sent a technician who did the upgrade. He did a very good job and I was happy with him. Overall, the cost of the system has been reasonable and I've been happy with the service. I recommend Slomin's.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Both Scott ** your salesman and Walter your installer were very professional, easy to deal with and so far the service has been outstanding. The system is working as expected and I hope to be a satisfied customer for many years to come.

4/5  to 5/51
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Dec. 12, 2018

I would like to thank Gary for contacting me and scheduling a technician to install and providing me with a touchscreen keypad free of charge. This makes me very happy and I will continue to be a happy Slomin's customer.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Overall, I was completely satisfied with the installation and upgrade. I was disappointed when the upgrade was done, I only received one panel and keypad. With my prior system, I had three keypads. My expectation was that I would receive at least two panels/keypads; which would have been similar to my previous system package prior to the upgrade. I have been informed by Slomins that another keypad is $200+. So, if I am upstairs, I cannot hear if someone enters my home through an unlocked door.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My installer Sal gave excellent service. He was professional, very experienced and very neat. It was a pleasure having him work in my home. He worked nonstop throughout many hours without a break. The finished product of the installation of 3 security cameras was perfect. And he set up our App and taught us how to use it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I’m perfectly happy with Slomins. It’s my third property with the alarm system and so far I have no worries with their service workmanship or customer service. I have been a customer for almost 18 years. My parents and other family members has switch to Slomins.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Very easy experience for order processing to install to training to implementing. Neil my installing tech is a gem in the rough. True professional and very knowledgeable. The keypad is very clear and easy to navigate through the screen settings and operation. I like to check my phone for the cameras and motion detection of which is the main reason for the system chosen.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Tech ** (Omar) did a outstanding job, he removed an old system and cleaned up around it. Once he was completed he explained the system to me since it was new for me. He also suggested something services that you provide that I will be looking into.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

System was upgraded to wireless and windows were added. We were also trained on how to use the new system and install application on our phones. The sales person, Owen, was very professional and the gentleman who installed the system was as well. He found an issue during testing and didn’t leave until he resolved the problem. We were very pleased with the service.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I’ve always had Slomin's for the last 20 years. I like the billing cycle of every three months and the price is reasonable. When my alarm goes off they immediately contact the police department. I called to be upgraded and they sent someone out who was very knowledgeable with what I needed. I can now see from my phone whether or not my system is unarmed. I didn’t have that capability before.

It’s a good service. However, sometimes they get things confused. I was a long time standing customer and I didn’t like the corresponding letters they sent. Two times I missed the payment, and they sent me a letter asking if I was gonna continue my services. The tone of the letter was nasty, and I felt offended. I told them, “You sent me such a nasty letter but you never sent me a thank you letter when I pay my bill for a whole year in advance.” That was one of the reasons why I decided to end it but they sent the gentleman to my house and I got a nice service and a nice price so I stayed. I gave it another try. There’s always room for improvement.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We are frequently away for extended periods and decided that we needed to upgrade our security system and add a freeze and water leak sensors. We have been Slomins customers for over 15 years and very pleased with their services but considered purchasing the sensors from independent sources. After much investigation and online searching, we called in Slomins to see what they could do and at what cost.

We decided to go with Slomins and are happy with the decision. The installation tech was FANTASTIC!! And the monthly increase was minor, mostly for the eco sensors. Our base system was upgraded with a new panel box, the fire/smoke detector was upgraded (included), all of the window/door detectors were checked, 2 motion detectors were added at key sites (added one-time cost), the freeze sensor and water leak detector installed. After the installation, the tech completely explained who to use the new keypad. He did not rush at all despite the fact that there was a snowstorm and he was probably looking at 3+ hour trip home. Overall, we are pleased that we did this and remain pleased with Slomins customer service.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The technician (installer) was very nice and professional. He took the time to fully explain what he was about to do and answered our questions. When he finished he trained us in the operation of our new system and made sure we had a good understanding of its function before leaving.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

The gentleman that did our installation was very professional and thorough. He explained everything and went through the demonstrations. I am very happy with my system and this is the third one because in the order 2 instances I was promised one thing and received something else.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I wanted a new security system, and I liked the quality of Slomin's equipment. They also have good customer service and they're very responsive. The installer did a great job, too. I’m happy with the features offered with the system, and the smartphone features are easy to use. I like it a lot. I feel more secure since having Slomin's, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

The two gentlemen did a great job, very professional. Overall I am one hundred percent satisfied. The system is very easy to use. They explained it to me very well. This is a fantastic product. I feel very safe with this product.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I had my unit installed about 2 weeks now. Works great for what it is. They ran wires through the wall and did a clean job. We had one motion sensor, one glass break and the controller main unit. Might get some other stuff down the road.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Like upgrade very much because it more user friendly. I no longer have to change batteries. Also like the fact that I no longer have to clean the keyboard. This system has cleansing option built in. Also like having the delay option when you are entering or leaving just in case you are held up for a second or so. Vast improvement from the older system.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I was with ADT for about four years and I called them because I wanted to find out how I could replace the battery in one of my units. Their customer service department said, "Oh, no. We can send a technician for $49. And they can replace it for you." And I told them, "I am a long-time customer. And if you cannot do that as a courtesy, I don't want to be part of you." Also, their prices keep going up every year. I got tired of them. They're too big. I run a family-owned New York company, and I've known Slomins for a long time. I decided to say goodbye to ADT and I switched to Slomins.

The representatives at Slomins have been fantastic! The guy that installed it the system was terrific. He explained everything and he was so patient. My Slomins system has really good features. The app is very basic, but I would love to see an activity report like when the door opens or closes. I have a teenage son and sometimes, he lets his phone run out. I freak out when I can't get a hold of him because his battery run out. I will look at the phone and I'll know he is okay and that he is home. So, the report will be very helpful, especially, to moms like me.

4.00/5

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Very satisfied with the installation. The technician did an excellent job. Great workmanship. Great customer service. Help with any questions. Service is the extraordinary and the security is mind-blowing. Feel safe with an up to date system. No pressure sales call and the salesman was very efficient.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

The entire setup from start to finish was handled in a professional and courteous manner. The sales agent was the best! He made sure and my needs are met. I would certainly recommend the entire team to friends and family!

4.00/5

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

We've used tons of home security systems all over the country. We struggled first with people coming in, trying to put their systems here. It was insane because every time somebody comes in, we have to stay at home and wait for them. But this guy, Dave, from Slomin's, came in and he was brilliant. Whenever I do anything, I ask for him to come and be here. He really knows what he’s doing.

Also, the system offered to me by Slomin's is great. I have no complaints. However, to call them up, I have to go through this long series of choices, and I have to wait. All our previous providers would pick up the phone within a couple of seconds and it was a direct contact. There was also this one time that I had the alarm buzzing and I had people here. A friend who stayed with us called me up about it. Fortunately, we were able to turn the alarm off. But what if there is an emergency, and I can't get in touch with them? That's my big gripe. But aside from that, Dave was absolutely fantastic.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I’ve always had a home security system in the past, and with my experience with Slomin's, I opted to use them for a house I just recently bought. I called up to let them know I had a new house and wanted to re-engage and then we set up an appointment. The guy that installed the system was very helpful and he explained everything to me. He did the installation in two hours, he was in and out, very clean, and everything went well. I got the same features that I had in my previous home, and then I added one extra motion detector. I also liked the key fob and the app, and I might get those as well. Those are both definitely useful. Overall, it's a good quality system and I've had a good experience.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Everything went very smooth from signing a contract to installing and fixing the old alarm system to a real testing. Mr. ** the sales rep was great. He answer my questions and professional. Technician also was knowledgeable. I am very happy with service. Thank you guys.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Work was done quickly and without mess. My only concern is that I would have liked to have the doorbell camera installed but did not know that my doorbell needed to be wired. But the external camera works great.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

The experience from beginning to end was very smooth. I gained a lot on information on how everything works. It was definitely very clean work as he moved around the house. I would recommend Slomins for anyone who would ask.