Customer Reviews

4.11/5
based on 162 ratings
Read more reviews

Slomins Alarm Systems

Walter, thanks for the review!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Having trouble getting used to alarm. Triggered alarm several times letting dog out or to get mail. Having the alarm will ease my worries when taking vacation. I will check with my homeowner's insurance. I was told you can get a discount, another plus. Thanks.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nicoleta, thank you for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I had ADT before but Slomin’s provided a better rate so I switched and used Slomin's for 10 years in my old house. Now, I moved in a different city, in a condo in a gated community with a 24-hour security guy, and I still have them. I still wanted them because I trust them so much. The installation was awesome and the guy was very helpful. I have the digital lock at my door so he showed me how to do it. Also, I am really happy that I can put the alarm on and off with my phone, which is an awesome option. Slomin's is great and I'm really happy with them.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Harry and Lisa, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

There was a major snowstorm coming the evening he came, and this did not affect the great job or customer service we received! He was here promptly and installed our alarm system quickly and efficiently. He answered any questions and provided us with all the necessary information we needed. He did a great job!

3.00/5

Slomins Alarm Systems

John, we are glad Josh came out and helped resolved any issues you had. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I was told by your salesman, I didn't need glass break or window alarms and that cats would not set off new motion detectors. On installation day, Josh the installer came out and told everything the salesman said was wrong. He worked with me and got the problem resolved. Josh was very very helpful and made sure we had what we needed. He is a very dedicated young man and should be commended.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joseph, we are glad Slomin's can give you the comfort needed in home security!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We had a dog for many years affecting how we used the security system. In some ways, the dog not only replaced what the security system was made to do, but the nature of animals are that when left to themselves, they will find ways to trigger the system. We used our security system, but not very effectively. With the dog gone, I felt it was time to re-adjust so that we could effectively use the monitor security system in light of our present situation. I suspected that the industry had changed a lot since my last update. This turned out to be a huge understatement. The industry is completely different! The agent went over my options, the technician updated the system and patiently went over its effective use (including reminding me about long-standing features I had forgotten). It was obvious that the technician anticipated my needs, setting up the system the way I wanted even before I told him. I have been using my security system effectively ever since.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Brouycie, thank you very much for your review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

This company has very knowledge techs. Chavon, explain to me and my husband how to work this new alarm system, camera also rich. Came over the next day and explain to us why our camera wasn't showing through our phone. He fixed that, Slomins shield has a Great team. We are very happy with this company.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Charles, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Very happy with my upgraded system and the monthly monitoring fee. My old alarm company couldn't even compete with Slomins rates AND I got camera and options on my iPhone which the other company couldn't offer nor compete with... Would definitely recommend.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Genevieve, thanks for the review and feedback!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Customer service and the technicians working on the installation were extremely courteous and informative. The upgraded security pad is easy to use, and has all the information a customer needs. We love the capability of using our cell phones to turn on/off our security system, as well as the ability to use the key fob.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Sherry, thanks for the feedback and time for the nice review!

Original review: July 26, 2017

Slomin's sales agent Joe was very professional, courteous, and patient. He even followed up to ensure that I was please with the install. The Installer was efficient, professional, and patient. I am very pleased with the system, and of not being too tech savvy, I am easily able to navigate this system.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Sayydah, thanks for the feedback and we appreciate you as a customer!

Original review: July 25, 2017

We are extremely pleased with the excellent work the installer, George **, did with our 2 outside cameras. He was so friendly, knowledgeable, and worked very hard by himself for almost 6 hours. Thank you, George **, for your excellent service!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joicki, thank you for the response. We appreciate the feedback!

Original review: July 20, 2017

The installation process went smoothly. The tech was efficient, thorough, and precise in every way; he was attentive to my suggestions and respected my advice. Thank you for such a great experience. Because of it, I am looking to purchase another camera and make many referrals.

Slomins Alarm Systems

German, thank you for the response. We appreciate the feedback!

Original review: July 18, 2017

From the start the sales rep was very nice and knowledgeable. He went through the process of explaining everything that we would need and can be without. The installation went well also. Receiving a text message that the guy was on his way was very helpful because I did not need to take a whole day off and stay home just waiting all day. He was very patient and also helped me decide where should I place all the sensors. He also worked hard because although it may seem as a small job, it took a very long time. Definitely worth it!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Lilia, thank you for your feedback and trust in Slomin's! Our goal is to ensure your comfort and safety!

Original review: July 10, 2017

I wasn't sure about going with a company that not too many people know but I decided to try and I'm glad service was excellent. The tech that came Marco was very nice and patient. I had some problem with my WiFi but he kept trying and he did it.

Slomins Alarm Systems

George, thank you very much for your trust and kind words of Slomin's! We value you as a customer and appreciate your feedback!

Original review: July 9, 2017

As far as I am concerned Slomins is the best. Top Professional installers. Great attitudes. Great to Work with from sales to installation. I would use No one else and I would recommend 100 percent. By the way their system from camera to alarms work. Just great. Thank you.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Debra, thank you very much for your feedback and review of Slomin's!

Original review: June 20, 2017

The technician did an excellent job. He thoroughly explained the work he would be doing. He was quick, polite, neat, and very knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions. He made sure that I was satisfied with the alarm before he left. I would definitely recommend.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joe, thank you for the feedback ad your review!

Original review: June 14, 2017

The tech installer had a couple issues but resolved them quickly and now we have the best security system in the neighborhood. NO ONE is gonna get in here without setting off an alarm. Thank you so much. Had ADT for many years but Slomins is a thousand times better.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Marianne, thanks for the feedback and we appreciate your business!

Original review: June 7, 2017

We weren't pleased with the home security provider we had before. Our town is very strict with the permit but the provider never told us to file for that so we didn’t have one and they didn’t do it for us. We ended up ending our contract with them. And when my husband read Slomin's reviews on the internet and the people had a lot of good experience with their system, we decided to use them. Installing it was pretty easy. The person who came was very good, was very patient and he told us what he did. When I called their customer service to ask a question, it has been pleasant as well.

I like the unit, the large buttons, the clearness of the directions and the fact that it talks to us. So if we forget what button to press, we can always figure out how to do it again. It’s like a nice computer. Unlike the other system we had which was much smaller and was very annoying. We’d had a lot of problems with it going off all hours of the night and there was some kind of electrical problem and it’s a nuisance. Slomin's is much better. We know how to operate the system and it seems pretty easy. It gives us more peace of mind and an added feeling of security knowing that the house is protected if we were to go away on vacation and nobody was going to be here. And it's good that our cat hasn't set off the alarm when we leave. Slomin's service has been excellent and the product has been working very well so far. We’re very happy with our purchase and we hope it continues on from this point.

Slomins Alarm Systems

James, thank you for the feedback and your loyalty to Slomin's!

Original review: June 3, 2017

The whole process from beginning to end was wonderful. I had Slomin's for 20 years at my old house and I was thinking about another using a different company. Every company I looked into was not giving me what I want it and was so overpriced. So we decided to call back Slomin's and they came out and they did a wonderful job. Thank you so much.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Anditria, thank you for the feedback and your loyalty to Slomin's!

Original review: May 28, 2017

I was very impressed the same outstanding customer service representative came to my home in 2017, who came when I purchased my Slomin's alarm system in year 2000. She helped us purchase an upgrade and the installer was outstanding too!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Aaron, thanks for the feedback and we appreciate your business!

Original review: May 26, 2017

We needed to go ahead and activate the security system that was in our existing tenant space and went with Slomin's. They had to come back a few times during the installation and then there were some wiring issues, but we got everything cleared up. They were knowledgeable and also friendly for the most part. Our interaction was pretty easy having them being right next to us. Overall, everything was good. We've been using Slomin's business security system for about three months now and our building is more secure.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Minna, thanks for the feedback and we appreciate your loyalty to Slomin's!

Original review: May 25, 2017

I’ve been very pleased with Slomin's service in the nearly 14 years that I've had them. They were offering free installation then and the people who I spoke with at the home trade fair were helpful. Installing the security device was very easy and the team was very friendly. A year ago, I started looking at upgrading my system and they had representative come but wasn’t able to offer me what I was looking for. The cost would have been too much to upgrade. I looked at other alarm companies and had an appointment set up with ADT whose customer service is horrible. I had to ask them to send me an email that would give me a clear idea of what the cost would be for the upgrade and they never sent me the email. They also charged about $90 just to set up an appointment. I had to cancel that but had to do it three times before it went through their system.

So then, I called Slomin's back and asked if they had anything new. They sent a nice guy over to my house and he was really helpful. Also, the upgrade was a lot less money than it was a year ago. It’s really easy with the digital system and I’m happy with Slomin's. They are a local company to Long Island and people who work there are all Long Island people. I’d rather do a local company than a large national company like ADT.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Demi, thank you for the positive feedback!

Original review: May 24, 2017

Nice to have the security of your product. It has been in my home 2 weeks now. It is easy to use. So far so good. I was recommended to you by a fellow attorney that I work with. Installer guy was friendly and helpful. He was courteous and informative. I hope to have many safe years with my Slomins Shield.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Ilona, thank you very much for the feedback and appreciate your business!

Original review: May 23, 2017

We are really happy with this service starting from explanation by your consultant to installation by your technician. We could meet two great person and get a reliable service. We are more than thankful! And of course looking forward to recommend Slomins to our friends or customers! Thanks for everything again!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Daniela, thank you for the positive feedback and we appreciate the kind words!

Original review: May 23, 2017

I am very happy with my alarm system. Installation was quick and easy! The technician made sure to explain everything to me. Customer service is always great. They've been very helpful every time that I've called. It is very easy to navigate and operate. I definitely feel safer and sleep better at night knowing my children and I are protected. I would recommend it!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Keisha, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I was lucky when a salesman from Slomins came to my job and I was able to know about the company he represents. It was our first security service provider and we had it for three weeks now. During the installation, I wasn't home but somebody was there. They explained everything well so it was easy and simple. They came with one monitor and two sensors, one for the door and one for the window. Their customer service was excellent. I called them when I forgot something and they didn't make fun of me, they just helped me and that made me feel good. I work all the time and I'm never really at home and one time, I had a bad experience when I got robbed in my neighborhood. I felt vulnerable because the robbers might come again and I would never know since I wasn't there. Now that I got a security alarm, I feel more secure leaving my house. I would recommend it to a friend.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Linda, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: May 11, 2017

The customer service person was very clear and reassuring while explaining the procedure and coordinating between myself and the person who was at the site. His knowledge and advice was on cue, and made me feel confident in my decisions and choices.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Delois, we appreciate your feedback and will contact you in regards to the other alarm control panel.

Original review: May 1, 2017

He very professional & mannerly! I asked him, his age and he said he was 20 years old. I was proud of that, so many of our young ** men are incarcerated. He also seemed to be very knowledgeable of his job. He was very patient with me when explaining the system. He cleaned up his work area & was very neat. If possible I would like to set up an appointment for him to return. There is another panel in my home which needs to be disconnected. I was not aware of the other panel when the installation guy was at my home recently. Thank you!

Slomins Alarm Systems

David, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Installer was very neat and professional, and very informative as to how the system works. He took his time showing us the different functions of the system. So far we are very pleased with Slomins and would highly recommend it to everyone!!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Judson, we appreciate you choosing Slomin's to protect your home and family.

Original review: April 26, 2017

The salesman was a complete gem. He was friendly and showed genuine interest in my home and its security. He answered all my questions and was very knowledgeable. The installation technician was quick and very polite. I was impressed by his knowledge of the system he was installing for me.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Horatio, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: April 26, 2017

The service representative was very professional. His instruction very good. He represent the company very well. I believe he is an asset to your company. I will very happy to recommend the company to my friends and family. Good job. System is working well.