Customer Reviews

3.98/5
based on 72 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Slomin's is 100% better than ADT. Their equipment has great quality and the system’s features are awesome compared to ADT. I love the smartphone feature which was another reason why I switched. Plus, I like to check the weather in the system a lot. The overall functionality and performance of the system are really good. When the rep from Slomin's came in, he explained everything and took the old system out. Then, he put the new system in and showed me all the specs of it even though I already knew because I had it installed in my other house already. Since having Slomin's, I feel more protected. I had an excellent experience and I would always choose them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Our cars were broken into about four years ago so we figured we'd have a home security. Slomin's is 100% better than the alarm system we've had before. They have more features and new technology now, and I like them. I also have cameras now for the driveway. Eventually, I'll get some windows added on. Their reps were very polite, very good and very informative. John came to the house and explained everything to us - the cost, etc. And after that, we decided to get the oil from them too. The installation team was very good. They explained everything to my wife and they went over the keypad. I like their smartphone feature too where I can set my alarm from outside and set it if I'm away and I forget. The cost, for the protection that we get, is very good. My wife feels safer now especially if I'm away, because I have to travel sometimes.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

We've had the Slomin's system for about a month now and everything has been good. The previous homeowner was using the same company and the online system was already installed in the home, and they just had to reactive it. The guy who came was very nice and was very thorough. He still keeps in touch with us once in a while just to check up. The system is very basic and straightforward, and the equipment is of good quality. The cost is good too. We got an offer from another company but they were more expensive. I would definitely recommend Slomin's.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

When I was doing a little bit of search five years back, I found that Slomin's was better than other companies. After that, I started using them and so far, everything is good. They upgraded the equipment two months back and since they have the cell towers, they needed to connect to that. They also replaced some part of the console which is now able to communicate in LTE mode. Before, it was 4G or 3G only. Other than that, the value for money is there and they are quite responsive in case we need anything.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I've had Slomin's for about 18 years now, and since I did away with my phoneline, they had to take the old alarm and put a new alarm system in. The new one works off a satellite and it’s really nice. And the installation was fast, taking just an hour. I've had the system for about a month now and I like its features. I have a smoke alarm and motion sensors in two rooms and three doors. It’s good quality product and is well worth the cost.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I loved that they were prompt and installed it exactly where I wanted and the installer #** was awesome and Friendly. Awesome experience and their alarm and camera and sensors are great. I feel safer at home and away from home and feel safer for my family and loved ones. Thank you Slomins and installer #**.

4.00/5

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We've had Slomin's for about 25 years and I have motion sensors, a fire detector in the basement and carbon monoxide detectors, which I’ve just replaced all over the house. We might be interested in doing cameras too. But Slomin's needs to take better notes as to what people need and what they want. The installation was a little shaky because I was at work and although I specifically told them that I wanted the motion detector put in the spare bedroom, they put it in the living room where I have cats. The motion detector was constantly going off. So then I had to bypass that zone and that was kind of yucky.

Then I couldn’t ask my father to do it again so I had to stay home while Slomin's fixed that problem. But then they left a big hole in my wall, which needs to be there in the first place, so I had to fix the wall too. The alarms should also have been attached to the window and to the wall. Instead, they had it so that you could easily pull it off. It was like Velcro and so my cats were flipping it with their hand and my alarm was going off. I told Slomin's I had cats and cats like to play with things so they shouldn’t have something that has a little wire either.

The other thing was that I needed to change something that everybody calls the delay from my side door to my front door. But Slomin's never made it the first time and all they had to do was come to the house and reprogram the box because I no longer had it where they could do it over the phone. My alarm kept going off because my phone line was always going out. So that wasn’t Slomin’s fault. But when I switched over to another company, I had Slomin's come in to put the delay from the side door to the front door and they couldn’t get to my house in time. I had to stay home another time just to get a minor thing. The guy who was coming in to do it, found out what was going on and said he was in the neighborhood but then he never made it there. The guy who did finally come, took five minutes to do it. So Slomin's needs some improvements along the way.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I love my new system, we got the driveway cameras and new keypad with the two apps on my phone. I can alarm my house from anywhere. It's not a sensitive as the Ring doorbell, but it lets me know when a bird flies by. Love it and it comes with a remote. Thanks, Slomins.

4.00/5

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Setting up the appointment for install took a little back and forth and some effort but the rest of the service has been great! Both installer and sales reps were very nice and knowledgeable... would still recommend given the fact that you need to separate an entire morning or afternoon for timeframe of install.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

John was very professional as he did the upgrade of my alarm & advised the best spot for the smoke detector. He was very neat & clean and put everything back in its place. He reviewed everything and explained the different features of my new alarm system. He gave me time to ask questions and take some notes. He was an amazing installer.

5.00/5

I've been with Slomin's for at least 15 years and they're wonderful people. I went with more Wi-Fi features and you really can't tell if there's an intruder in the house. I live in a split-level and if somebody comes in, you can barely hear the alarm go off. With my old system, I had a box in my bedroom and I could see which door opened up. Now, this one doesn’t do that. But the cost is fine. It's like a dollar a day.

5.00/5

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been with Slomin's for 26 years and I really like their system. They're very responsive. I immediately get a call if my alarm goes off. I recently got upgraded at no cost, and they sent in their sales rep who went over the new system with me. Then we scheduled for them to come and install it. The installer knew what he was doing and explained everything to my husband. I like the new system a lot. Coming from the old system to this pad was like day and night, but it was very easy to get used to.

5.00/5

Original review: June 18, 2019

Slomin's customer service was good. They told me they were gonna install the system for free, which they did. Their installer was very quick. They gave me a window from 8:00 to 12:00 and they were there before the 12 o’clock. By 12:00 they were all done and gone. I also have wireless, which is great. They also gave me the camera and the keypad and the contacts for the windows and doors and I didn’t have to pay anything except for the monitoring. I have an iPhone and I can turn my alarm on and off from anywhere in the United States and overseas. I've been in Portugal and I can watch my system through the camera.

Lately I had a couple of problems with my password to get in. Still, Slomin's team resolved it. Thus far, I've never had a problem with the system's quality. It never goes off accidentally unless I accidentally open the door. Every time you call customer service, they're very helpful. They send me the bill for the monitoring every three months and I pay it. When I forget that the system is on and I open the door, the alarm goes off when I go in. Slomin's team calls me right away asking me if it's me. They would have a secret password and their reps would say that if I don't answer, they would send the police right away.

5.00/5

Original review: May 16, 2019

Having a security system, we liked that you can see the video. The manager in our building had Slomin's. We saw it and we were interested. Customer service was pretty cool and the installers were very professional, friendly, and on time. They came in, made me feel comfortable, and gave me all the information. We just never got the welcome email and I had to call in because I couldn’t remember the passcode. Even with that, we still never got the welcome email.

I’ve also been meaning to call customer service because the doorbell is not working. It works on the outside, but when you ring the doorbell you can’t hear it on the inside. I don’t know if something disconnected or what the deal is with it. Other than that, my system works overall. I was in Arizona yesterday and somebody rang my doorbell. I could see exactly who was at the door and I love just being able to see who’s there. Also, you pay $46 upfront then pay monthly. I think that's pretty cool. They didn't ask for a bulk amount of money.

5.00/5

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was reading the reviews and Slomin's reviews were okay. That’s why I chose them and both people I dealt with, the sales rep and the installer, were excellent. The installer showed me how the system works, made sure everything was set up for me, and didn’t leave me until all my questions were answered. In terms of the features, everything is great. It seems to be working for me. The smartphone features are also very convenient. Those are the best thing about the system. The alarms also all work fine so everything is good. I can see everything in front of my house and also a little bit down the street. Slomin's is cheap too. It’s $24 a month.

5.00/5

Original review: May 11, 2019

I wanted to make sure my home was protected and I've seen Slomin's advertisement so I thought I would give them a call and see how everything is. So far, I'm enjoying it. This one also seemed like the most reasonable security system and so far, the price is really good compared to other home systems. It's very affordable. The guy, Don, also explained everything and was very thorough. He was also very nice when he set everything up. He showed me how to do everything and answered any questions I had. I will recommend this to a lot of people. Everything was good and I feel more secure now. I feel like I can leave my house without any issues – that if anything were to happen, I can rely on these guys to take care of it.

5.00/5

Original review: May 10, 2019

At the time when I thought I might need a security system, I heard about Slomin's on the radio. I called them and have been satisfied since then. The guy that did the initial look around and the installation guy were really cool and professional. The installer was here for quite a while. He explained all the way around about everything and made sure everything worked properly. He was good. I would have liked another window or so though. But the smartphone features are great. When I'm not home and someone comes to the door, I get alerted. I could see what they're doing and talk to them. Everything is working out fine. Plus, the system's cost is great. We're happy with everything and I've been recommending them.

5.00/5

Original review: May 7, 2019

I didn’t feel safe in the house without a home security system. I've seen a lot of Slomin's signs in my area and I read up on it. I called them up and everything was good. Anthony was phenomenal and very professional. We loved the way he presented himself. He explained everything in great detail so we're very comfortable and have no worries, whatsoever. I had a lot of questions and he had all the answers. Plus, he didn’t leave a mess. The guy deserves a raise. With the system, our sense of security is perfect. Its features are very good and easy to use which my wife loves. She was scared it was gonna be too difficult to understand. The pricing was great, too.

5.00/5

Original review: May 4, 2019

I needed a home security system and although I've used a different home security provider before, I wanted to try something different. Slomin's is a little more expensive than what I was paying but I like the wireless connections. Their reps came, provided the information that I needed and talked about my needs. The quality of the service was very good and I made the decision to go with them.

5.00/5

Original review: May 3, 2019

Excellent service provided by Tyler our sales rep he is knowledgeable and awesome!!! I will recommend others to Tyler and Slomins! I love our door camera and security system! Works great! I look forward to doing continued business with Slomins!

5.00/5

Original review: April 28, 2019

For the convenience of knowing that my house is safe, I decided to buy a home security system. Slomin’s, I thought, was the better out of all of other companies, so I went with them..Everything and everybody was good. They were very professional and the guy that did the installation was awesome. He was courteous, explained everything to me in full detail, and I had no questions. I also like the quality of the system and I have no issues with its smartphone features. All in all, I feel comfortable having Slomin's in my house.

Original review: April 25, 2019

My system was damaged by a flood. We got it repaired and upgraded with a doorbell camera. It was done quickly and professionally. The salesman gave us a nice discount and the tech was very personable, efficient and neat. He also was very helpful with explaining how to use the system.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I've been very happy with Slomins. I was with ADT before and Slomins has been much more price sensitive. Their customer service has also been excellent. Also, the guy who came here to install the system was terrific. The system that I have has what I want and I'm happy with the features it has. It runs nicely like it's supposed to and it doesn't take much effort.

2/5  to 5/53
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: April 26, 2019

Recently I had a complaint regarding customer service at Slomins Alarm Systems. I was promptly contacted by a manager from the company and he resolved the problem quickly and thoroughly. I am very pleased with their response.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I called Slomins today about audible alarms form our keypad for low batteries in 3 of our sensors. I wanted to know if I was to replace the batteries or was that something they do. After some questions the rep said they needed to send a technician out to upgrade the keypad for a fee of $60. After I questioned why I should have to pay for their upgrade he said it is in your contract. When I questioned him he talked over me and his tone became louder and "matter of factly". I felt his attitude was horrible. That if I didn't like the policy that was my problem, continually asking me if I wanted him to schedule a tech to come out as if the conversation was over and he was done wasting his time with me. I eventually hung up.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The Slomin's security system was already installed in the house, so when we were robbed, we had them come out and update the system. The experience we've had with the representatives at Slomin's has been really good -- both the first time we had the system reinstalled and the last time when the tech guy came out. The tech guy was excellent and he really helped me. He showed how to get the app on my phone. Now, it can be done off your phone and he made sure I really knew everything with the updated system.

I like the features and they work out really good. I am happy with the cost, although my bill went up $4 a month or $12 every quarter for the update of the service, which is really not that much cost considering what I have. I can program the system off my phone or turn it off or check it, so it is really a good service. The night we got robbed, I was going around and putting locks on the doors. We didn't have anything that night and I figured those people would be back, so I set the alarm every night and if I step out a couple of minutes and when my teenage daughter is home. I am secure about it then and at least I know what is going on.

5.00/5

Original review: April 19, 2019

I’ve been using Slomin’s for years and I’ve always had very good service so I figured about getting a security camera. I was entitled to an upgrade, so I took it. The upgrade included the outside security camera and the new keypad. Joe, the person who gave me the upgrade, was excellent to deal with and I've known him for a few years. The installation was very professional. The camera and installation were not charged, and I pay $11 a month for the security camera, so I'm satisfied. I’m very pleased with Slomin’s and will be staying with them until the end.

3.00/5

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was a customer of ADT for years but they kept raising my prices. When I told them I was leaving, they didn't take it seriously so I found the next best thing. Slomins' customer service reps were very accommodating. Joe toed the line, helped me and got me a good price. The people who came and installed the system were very helpful as well. My system has plenty of features but I don't think it's great. It's very similar to the previous one I had, but then all home security systems are all very similar.

5.00/5

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was an ADT customer for 12 years. I moved into a new house in December of 2018 and I had an ADT sales rep come three times with a technician. They said that they could do the system then they couldn't do it then they could. They had to do upgrades and in the end, they tried to take out over $1,000 out of my pocket. I basically threw them out.

The radio show I listen to, Z100, advertises Slomins all the time so I made a phone call. The customer representative that I talked to was very polite. She gave me the contact of the salesman who would be coming to my house as well as a three-hour window. The salesman came right on time. He looked at everything and told me that I could absolutely use all the hardware that was already existing in the house like the window and the door sensors. He also looked at all the glass breaks and the basement sensors that I had and he was very upfront about how they might have to be replaced. He was able to give me a quote right then and there and I actually signed the contract before he left the house. I also took his advice to have the batteries of all the sensors replaced as he said that that would save a lot of time. I had done that the weekend prior to the installer's schedule. I wound up having 36 zones in total between all the windows and doors.

The guy who came to install my system was great. He asked me before he did the work and communicated while he was here. He used all the existing sensors and he replaced the ones that were not functional, such as the one in the basement. He also put in another glass break sensor, motion sensor, three fire sensors and two LCD panels. He was in and out of the house in less than three hours and everything went great. From the customer service rep to the salesperson to the tech, everyone that I dealt with from Slomins was very professional and communicated very well. They knew all of my expectations and they did a phenomenal job. I was very impressed. All three floors of my house are now thoroughly covered. The Slomins' app is also on my phone and my wife's phone, and it works fantastically. I have more features on my system and my monthly cost is right where I expected it to be.

5.00/5

Original review: March 15, 2019

We are very pleased with Slomins. I have had their system for 10 years and everything is good. We had a very nice young fellow come out when the battery needed changing. He talked to us and everything worked out fine.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Alarm work well. Salesperson was very helpful and installer was very good. We are very happy with the doorbell camera. Alarm is very easy to use and has a lot of ice features and flexibility. Overall we are very pleased with this product.