Customer Reviews

4.37/5
based on 65 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Slomin's is 100% better than ADT. Their equipment has great quality and the system’s features are awesome compared to ADT. I love the smartphone feature which was another reason why I switched. Plus, I like to check the weather in the system a lot. The overall functionality and performance of the system are really good. When the rep from Slomin's came in, he explained everything and took the old system out. Then, he put the new system in and showed me all the specs of it even though I already knew because I had it installed in my other house already. Since having Slomin's, I feel more protected. I had an excellent experience and I would always choose them.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We all sometimes have some awkward and unexpected situation with a company that provides us with its service, after all We are human and not perfect. But when a manager is informed and act quickly, and truthfully solves a misunderstanding, you know you were always in good hands, there, and You will be in the best hands. Thanks to Gary ** Customer Service Manager Slomins Inc. for your professionalism and good customer service.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I have three cameras set up and monitoring for my office as well as an apartment space. I had trouble with my camera’s not recording and I sent a request via my mobile app. A customer service representative named Nicole reached out quickly and fixed my problem within five minutes. I am so relieved. The installation of my cameras and system went on smoothly as well.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

So your people are good And being it was an upgrade I thought it would have been nice if my sensors were replaced being that they are 20 years old. Having said that it is no one's fault but mine. Your salesman has a job to do and I should have been more aware. Your installer #** was a pro who made it look easy and answered all my questions. You should be proud to have such a good employee. I know it is a business but having an existing system instead of a new install should have warranted a few new items beside smoke alarms.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Our old home security system was outdated. It was through the phone lines and we weren't even using the alarm. I was always getting a trouble on the alarm and if the power went out and something happened with the phone line, then the alarm didn't work. We got Slomins and we have no problem with them. We were very interested after the representative explained everything. Then, everything with the installation went very smoothly. The guy was very nice and he knew what he was doing. I have my mother here at home who has dementia, and she was following him all over and asking him all kinds of questions, and he was very patient and polite with her. He was very good. The features that are offered in the system are very good as well. It is even a much more user-friendly system. And whenever we had a problem, we called the customer service, and they came right out.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I had another alarm company prior to Slomins which was the first one and they sold out to another company. They never told me. So, when I had a problem one time, I called and they were not available. It was like a nightmare. Then I decided to get rid of them. I was without an alarm for two years until I was watching TV and I decided to give Slomins a try. They’re local. The technicians are all over here and all I had to do is call and they’re here for me. I love my alarm. Their reps are all amazing.

The people that came out to do the install were really very nice. I love technology but I’m not so good at it. So, they explained everything to me. I installed some cameras over here and I didn’t know too much about the cameras, and so my fiancé who's in the Middle East told me to send the information to him in order for him to verify to see everything was doing okay. The installer sent the information to Afghanistan. It was amazing. Everything was done exactly the way Eric wanted it. It was really amazing. And when the installer came over here, I didn’t have the one from the door. So, he was telling me and I said I wanted it. I am so grateful. And the cameras were beautiful. I am really very happy with the service from A to Z. It’s like they put all the great people and they put them to their company.

I was so satisfied and I was like so surprised because I didn’t know what I was getting into. I know we wanted the cameras, but my fiance and the installer got in touch with each other and I got exactly what we wanted and it was amazing. The system is amazing. I ordered something from Amazon, and I saw the guy coming in and he just came out here and put the package. Everything’s perfect. I check it in my phone. I’m waiting until Eric comes home so that we could put it in his phone, too. And I could not have a better service because Slomins tailor to my needs. Somebody sent in an email to Afghanistan just to make sure, “This is what we have and what we’re going to do.” That is over the step because I did not expected that. And Eric was so happy.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

We've had a Slomin’s for a long time now, about 20 years, and the reps were good and professional. We got the new up-to-date system. So the pad itself is very easy to operate, not like it was before, with the battery and everything. The new system can talk to you too – “door close", "door open", "alarm set", "alarm not set”. The experience is very good so far overall.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Slomins listens to my needs and requests. I work in my home and that’s why I need to have a company to listen to my needs and be precise about what I’m saying. The alarm goes on and it goes off. It works, so I’m happy with that. I’m not happy with the cost of fuel and how my oil burns, though. But the reps listened to everything I said, and they investigated. I had a lot of problems with leakage of oil, and they went to my oil tank and fixed it. There's also all the noise that I’ve been hearing, and they tried to fix that as well.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Slomins' rep was very clear and concise, very detailed, easy to work with, friendly, and nice to have in your house. I like Slomins better than the alarm system I had. I like the updated technology. It's very easy and simple to use. The installation also went very smoothly. So far, I'm very satisfied with the system. It's kinda interesting that I have consistently used the stay button in the evening, where before I kinda got out of the habit of using. Everything's perfect.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Slomin's is a good system, and they are responsive. We just did an upgrade now. We have used them a couple of times, and they even called when they were not absolutely sure that anything happened. Sometimes, when I cook something and I smoke the house, they call me. I'm very happy with them. The price is very comparable to ADT, which is a competitor, but I prefer Slomin's because being a smaller company, they are more personable. They have good customer service, which is important to me.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

We really needed a home security system in our area and Slomin's had the best offer so we got one with them. The installation was nice and smooth. The person who did it was very cooperative and knowledgeable. He knew how to program it and he ran through all the steps. I love the ability to log in with a phone. For the amount that I paid, the system is definitely worth it.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I’ve been very satisfied with Slomins which is why I’ve been a customer since 1993. They were offering it for free when I moved into my house. The security is better and its features are very good. The cost is a little higher than I’d like to pay, but it is what it is. We've had the system updated a couple of months ago. The installation team was great and the representatives were very good. However, they misbilled me. I have to call in and see if I can get the suggested.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

My son has had his Slomins system since the early 2000s and he really likes it. Recently, he had an issue with his telephone line, and he had to have a telephone in the house in order to have Slomins. So, we opted to have Slomins put in a wireless system. The people that came out were wonderful. They showed us what they're gonna do, and explained to us all the details.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

When I was doing a little bit of search five years back, I found that Slomin's was better than other companies. After that, I started using them and so far, everything is good. They upgraded the equipment two months back and since they have the cell towers, they needed to connect to that. They also replaced some part of the console which is now able to communicate in LTE mode. Before, it was 4G or 3G only. Other than that, the value for money is there and they are quite responsive in case we need anything.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

I've had Slomin's for about 18 years now, and since I did away with my phoneline, they had to take the old alarm and put a new alarm system in. The new one works off a satellite and it’s really nice. And the installation was fast, taking just an hour. I've had the system for about a month now and I like its features. I have a smoke alarm and motion sensors in two rooms and three doors. It’s good quality product and is well worth the cost.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I loved that they were prompt and installed it exactly where I wanted and the installer #** was awesome and Friendly. Awesome experience and their alarm and camera and sensors are great. I feel safer at home and away from home and feel safer for my family and loved ones. Thank you Slomins and installer #**.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We've had Slomin's for about 25 years and I have motion sensors, a fire detector in the basement and carbon monoxide detectors, which I’ve just replaced all over the house. We might be interested in doing cameras too. But Slomin's needs to take better notes as to what people need and what they want. The installation was a little shaky because I was at work and although I specifically told them that I wanted the motion detector put in the spare bedroom, they put it in the living room where I have cats. The motion detector was constantly going off. So then I had to bypass that zone and that was kind of yucky.

Then I couldn’t ask my father to do it again so I had to stay home while Slomin's fixed that problem. But then they left a big hole in my wall, which needs to be there in the first place, so I had to fix the wall too. The alarms should also have been attached to the window and to the wall. Instead, they had it so that you could easily pull it off. It was like Velcro and so my cats were flipping it with their hand and my alarm was going off. I told Slomin's I had cats and cats like to play with things so they shouldn’t have something that has a little wire either.

The other thing was that I needed to change something that everybody calls the delay from my side door to my front door. But Slomin's never made it the first time and all they had to do was come to the house and reprogram the box because I no longer had it where they could do it over the phone. My alarm kept going off because my phone line was always going out. So that wasn’t Slomin’s fault. But when I switched over to another company, I had Slomin's come in to put the delay from the side door to the front door and they couldn’t get to my house in time. I had to stay home another time just to get a minor thing. The guy who was coming in to do it, found out what was going on and said he was in the neighborhood but then he never made it there. The guy who did finally come, took five minutes to do it. So Slomin's needs some improvements along the way.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I love my new system, we got the driveway cameras and new keypad with the two apps on my phone. I can alarm my house from anywhere. It's not a sensitive as the Ring doorbell, but it lets me know when a bird flies by. Love it and it comes with a remote. Thanks, Slomins.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Setting up the appointment for install took a little back and forth and some effort but the rest of the service has been great! Both installer and sales reps were very nice and knowledgeable... would still recommend given the fact that you need to separate an entire morning or afternoon for timeframe of install.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

John was very professional as he did the upgrade of my alarm & advised the best spot for the smoke detector. He was very neat & clean and put everything back in its place. He reviewed everything and explained the different features of my new alarm system. He gave me time to ask questions and take some notes. He was an amazing installer.

5.00/5

I've been with Slomin's for at least 15 years and they're wonderful people. I went with more Wi-Fi features and you really can't tell if there's an intruder in the house. I live in a split-level and if somebody comes in, you can barely hear the alarm go off. With my old system, I had a box in my bedroom and I could see which door opened up. Now, this one doesn’t do that. But the cost is fine. It's like a dollar a day.

5.00/5

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been with Slomin's for 26 years and I really like their system. They're very responsive. I immediately get a call if my alarm goes off. I recently got upgraded at no cost, and they sent in their sales rep who went over the new system with me. Then we scheduled for them to come and install it. The installer knew what he was doing and explained everything to my husband. I like the new system a lot. Coming from the old system to this pad was like day and night, but it was very easy to get used to.

5.00/5

Original review: June 18, 2019

Slomin's customer service was good. They told me they were gonna install the system for free, which they did. Their installer was very quick. They gave me a window from 8:00 to 12:00 and they were there before the 12 o’clock. By 12:00 they were all done and gone. I also have wireless, which is great. They also gave me the camera and the keypad and the contacts for the windows and doors and I didn’t have to pay anything except for the monitoring. I have an iPhone and I can turn my alarm on and off from anywhere in the United States and overseas. I've been in Portugal and I can watch my system through the camera.

Lately I had a couple of problems with my password to get in. Still, Slomin's team resolved it. Thus far, I've never had a problem with the system's quality. It never goes off accidentally unless I accidentally open the door. Every time you call customer service, they're very helpful. They send me the bill for the monitoring every three months and I pay it. When I forget that the system is on and I open the door, the alarm goes off when I go in. Slomin's team calls me right away asking me if it's me. They would have a secret password and their reps would say that if I don't answer, they would send the police right away.

5.00/5

Original review: May 16, 2019

Having a security system, we liked that you can see the video. The manager in our building had Slomin's. We saw it and we were interested. Customer service was pretty cool and the installers were very professional, friendly, and on time. They came in, made me feel comfortable, and gave me all the information. We just never got the welcome email and I had to call in because I couldn’t remember the passcode. Even with that, we still never got the welcome email.

I’ve also been meaning to call customer service because the doorbell is not working. It works on the outside, but when you ring the doorbell you can’t hear it on the inside. I don’t know if something disconnected or what the deal is with it. Other than that, my system works overall. I was in Arizona yesterday and somebody rang my doorbell. I could see exactly who was at the door and I love just being able to see who’s there. Also, you pay $46 upfront then pay monthly. I think that's pretty cool. They didn't ask for a bulk amount of money.

5.00/5

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was reading the reviews and Slomin's reviews were okay. That’s why I chose them and both people I dealt with, the sales rep and the installer, were excellent. The installer showed me how the system works, made sure everything was set up for me, and didn’t leave me until all my questions were answered. In terms of the features, everything is great. It seems to be working for me. The smartphone features are also very convenient. Those are the best thing about the system. The alarms also all work fine so everything is good. I can see everything in front of my house and also a little bit down the street. Slomin's is cheap too. It’s $24 a month.

5.00/5

Original review: May 11, 2019

I wanted to make sure my home was protected and I've seen Slomin's advertisement so I thought I would give them a call and see how everything is. So far, I'm enjoying it. This one also seemed like the most reasonable security system and so far, the price is really good compared to other home systems. It's very affordable. The guy, Don, also explained everything and was very thorough. He was also very nice when he set everything up. He showed me how to do everything and answered any questions I had. I will recommend this to a lot of people. Everything was good and I feel more secure now. I feel like I can leave my house without any issues – that if anything were to happen, I can rely on these guys to take care of it.

5.00/5

Original review: May 10, 2019

At the time when I thought I might need a security system, I heard about Slomin's on the radio. I called them and have been satisfied since then. The guy that did the initial look around and the installation guy were really cool and professional. The installer was here for quite a while. He explained all the way around about everything and made sure everything worked properly. He was good. I would have liked another window or so though. But the smartphone features are great. When I'm not home and someone comes to the door, I get alerted. I could see what they're doing and talk to them. Everything is working out fine. Plus, the system's cost is great. We're happy with everything and I've been recommending them.

5.00/5

Original review: May 7, 2019

I didn’t feel safe in the house without a home security system. I've seen a lot of Slomin's signs in my area and I read up on it. I called them up and everything was good. Anthony was phenomenal and very professional. We loved the way he presented himself. He explained everything in great detail so we're very comfortable and have no worries, whatsoever. I had a lot of questions and he had all the answers. Plus, he didn’t leave a mess. The guy deserves a raise. With the system, our sense of security is perfect. Its features are very good and easy to use which my wife loves. She was scared it was gonna be too difficult to understand. The pricing was great, too.

5.00/5

Original review: May 4, 2019

I needed a home security system and although I've used a different home security provider before, I wanted to try something different. Slomin's is a little more expensive than what I was paying but I like the wireless connections. Their reps came, provided the information that I needed and talked about my needs. The quality of the service was very good and I made the decision to go with them.

5.00/5

Original review: May 3, 2019

Excellent service provided by Tyler our sales rep he is knowledgeable and awesome!!! I will recommend others to Tyler and Slomins! I love our door camera and security system! Works great! I look forward to doing continued business with Slomins!