Customer Reviews

4.40/5
based on 195 ratings
Read more reviews

Slomins Alarm Systems

Rossana, we are happy to hear that no one was hurt in the fire and that Slomin's was able to help save your home from further damage. When you coworker calls please make sure that she has your account number. Once her system is installed you will receive a 3 month monitoring credit on your account.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Thank you for your professionalism, I will recommend your services whenever someone asks me about Slomins. There's a coworker Alana ** that will be contacting you. Last year I suffered a fire and if it wasn't for you guys calling the police my whole house would have burnt, this was told to me by the fire chief.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Donna, thank you for the feedback and we are sorry to hear about your dog.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Upgraded our burglar system. Very satisfied with the service and the technician. Job well done. We have been Slomins customers for a long time. Our dog recently passed away and we wanted more protection. Slomins price and service is top notch.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nicholas, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Our technician from Slomins was professional, friendly and fast. He got right to work and completed his job quickly. He showed us how to use the new keypad and answered all our questions. He showed up on time and identified himself. He was an A+!!

Slomins Alarm Systems

David, happy to hear that the installation was completed to your satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Very satisfied with both the product and the installation experience. Slomins installation technician was extremely helpful, proficient and professional. He really took the time to explain the technical aspects of the system as well as optimizing the choice of alarm zones and placement. No pressure sales people and a painless installation made the whole experience A++. I couldn't be happier.

Slomins Alarm Systems

John, we appreciate the feedback and thank you for being a long time Slomin's customer.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I was very pleased with the work. Troy was very professional and very neat. He is an asset to your corporation. I have been a Slomins customer almost 18 years and I am always satisfied if I need to have some looked into.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Nancy, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

My son checked into Slomins for me. It was the best deal that he found. The installer was very professional, and did the job very quickly. I was very pleased with that. I feel a little more secure since having the system and it's very easy to use.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jeff, thank you for being a loyal customer.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

My experience with this upgrade was as good as it gets. Neat and clean and complete in about three hours. All of this was done at no charge using the accumulated points on my account. Slomins also gave me a central station monitored fire and smoke detector at no extra charge.

Slomins Alarm Systems

John, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I have been with Slomins for many years. They provide great quality service at better than fair cost...Knowledgeable technicians and efficient telephone support. This recent upgrade was tough and the first technician made a minor mistake. But the second technician easily found the problem and fixed it. Tested everything and kept me informed. Nice...

Slomins Alarm Systems

Robert, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I've been with Slomin's for many years now. I've had alarm and oil back when I use to have oil so I've known them forever. I've had a very good experience with installing my security device. It was very easy. The service they gave was good and the whole thing was excellent. Everything went smooth.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Linda, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

We had the old Honeywell before but Slomins is very good in comparison. We got Slomins due to its reputation and my acupuncturist and my massage therapist said that the company was good. They also knew Billie Jean who's part of their women's Wednesday business group and who's worked with different companies, and Slomins is one that she recommended. Installation was very easy. Everything went very smoothly surprisingly. Everybody was absolutely knowledgeable and I was overwhelmed because there was so much information to take in but the workers couldn't have been any nicer. With the Slomins system, we feel a lot safer in our own home. We highly recommend Slomins. It's a new system for us but we're very impressed so far. It's a very pleasant experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joyce, thank you for being a oil and alarm customer.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

My old oil company wouldn't give me a good oil price for a fixed rate so, I shopped on and I spoke to my neighbor who's very happy with Slomin's. I got both their oil and the alarm system. I feel confident because they're a big company. I've had to call them once and they advised me on what to do and no problems there. I've been very happy with their pricing and I'm very satisfied with their service. I would recommend them to anybody and in fact, I already have.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Corey, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I heard about Slomin's through a referral. We customized our package and it's the first alarm system that I put in myself and have I've been using it for a couple of months now. The whole experience with the company, as well as the sales rep, was great. They worked with me on everything that I needed, including the service and installation, and went above and beyond to make everything look nice and to make me happy. The system is very simple to use and has made my life very easy as I turn the alarm on and off through my cellphone. I was very satisfied with the experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Joe, thank you for the feedback and if you have any problems please give us a call at 516-932-7000.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

The salesman was real easy to talk to and the tech that installed the security system was a very well trained professional. The installation was very nicely done. With the system installed, I now sleep better at night. Also, the oil that I get from Slomins is of much better quality and my burner runs much better so I don’t have to service it as often. Overall I’m very satisfied. Sometimes, the camera doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to and I have to reset it at the modem. But I don’t know if that’s Slomins' glitch or the modem box’s glitch.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Danielle, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

Slomins Alarm System was great. The guy who gave us the estimate knew his stuff. He wasn't trying to sell extra stuff which was good. During the installation the guy from Slomin's was informative too. Overall, they're fast and reliable.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Vincent, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

The Slomins sales guys came as promised and kept their appointment. They immediately gave us a quote and everything was done according to the quote. They were very courteous and efficient. Their installation team was excellent. They had to go through a conversion to convert my existing system to work with their monitoring system and they knew what they were doing and were very clean, efficient and courteous. They paid attention to detail. It's just been two weeks and I don’t have any problems with their service so far. I had an excellent experience with them. They completed everything as promised. I would definitely recommend Slomin's to other people.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Frank, thank you for being a Slomin's oil and alarm customer.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I used ADT before and I was having some issues. The techs came in to change stuff and they did not make things function so I got rid of it.I have Slomins oil and they came by one night and said they would take over. I was hesitant but it worked out great. Between the two companies, Slomins is the hands-down much better experience with them. There was one hiccup in the installation of the device but when I called, they were able to fix it right away. Then the team called me because there was an issue with the permit for the police department. I had an expired permit and they put the new permit through the system but the police department got it late. I called Slomins back and we rectified the situation very quickly. I feel a lot safer and secure having the alarm system in the house.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Ralph, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I had Slomin’s for several years prior to my recent upgrade and my experience with them has been excellent. The system is exactly what I asked for and it works very well. I’m very satisfied. I also like the price and the installation was excellent. The service tech who came took his time and made sure everything worked properly. He was very helpful, cordial, and polite. He was very good and took care of everything.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Natasha, happy to hear about your positive experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The installation of my Slomins security device was excellent. Their installation team was on time and explained everything thoroughly so I wasn’t surprised by anything. I also had a very positive experience when they sold me the product. They are very customer service friendly and explained a lot of stuff. So far, it's been a great experience.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Maria thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I love you guys. I've never had a problem and your technicians (especially Chris) have always been helpful and knowledgeable. I also have your service in North Babylon, NY and have recommended your company to all my friends. Again your customer service is outstanding.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Andrew, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

This process was pretty quick and painless. The Slomins tech was very knowledgeable and friendly; he really knew what he was doing. In addition to upgrading the monitoring, we also got a brand new keypad which is very easy to use. And my monthly payment did not even go up as a result!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jayson, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Our service technician was terrific. Ours was a big job, recently had all of our windows and doors replaced and he had to replace all of the sensors plus install two smoke detectors. He worked constantly the entire time, was here for at least eight hours. I was so impressed I called into the office so that his supervisors would know just how great and thorough he was!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Zehra, thank you for the feedback. We will have someone contact you in regards to the issue you had last night.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

The gentleman who came to update the system was efficient and extremely knowledgeable about the system. My husband and I appreciated this very much. An excellent 'face' of the company. The system has worked well so far but we did have an issue last night when it started beeping because the phone line went off and this was a little odd as it is no longer associated with the phone line. Other than that, excellent.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Richard, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

We only had service for about a month now and so far it's okay. The system is very understandable and the help team are always available for support. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a security system to protect their home and family!

Slomins Alarm Systems

Jimmy, thank you for choosing Slomin's.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Had an experience turning over an alarm to my name after a purchase of a new home. Tech was very friendly and informative. Also very thorough. Checked every room to ensure alarm was working properly. I feel at ease with the system. I wish I had gotten his name.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Dorothy, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

We are very pleased to have the upgrade. Everyone was very good about the installation, etc. The men were on time and everything was explained. It took a little time to get used to the changes but they're good.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Damon, thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

The professional who updated and installed my new improved system was a gentleman and took his job very seriously. I would recommend Slomins alarm service to anyone and everyone I know or meet. After the installation I had immediately felt safer for me and my family.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Salverio, we are happy to provide the service you deserve. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

Equipment is state of the art. It is also very easy to use. Both sales rep and installer were both very pleasant, knowledgeable, and professional. System was installed within 48 hours of my initial contact.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Lorraine, thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

The representative was on time, calling me in advance to tell me he was on his way. He was very respectful, informative and took his time explaining things to me and didn't mind all my questions. He was friendly, knowledgeable and seemed experienced in what he was doing. Very good experience with the install.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Kevin, thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to call us when your schedule permits with any questions you have.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

The rep was patient and informative without overselling. He tried to give me the best deal he could. The installation was superb. They were patient and made sure the job was done right even to point of changing panel cause not enough zones. They were ready to answer all my questions make recommendations but did it the way I wanted it done and made sure I was satisfied. I was impressed. It was late so I didn't get the chance to review all the features because they had to go. So a little rushed in the end. Hard for me to call customer service in day due to schedule, always better to be clear before they leave. So no great closure. Otherwise quite pleased.

Slomins Alarm Systems

Timothy, thank you for being a loyal customer.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Tech came to the house and completed the installation in a timely manner. Very courteous and obviously extremely knowledgeable. Love the new touch screen system. I also better at night knowing this system was installed with great care.