Customer Reviews

4.20/5
based on 104 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Slomin's is 100% better than ADT. Their equipment has great quality and the system’s features are awesome compared to ADT. I love the smartphone feature which was another reason why I switched. Plus, I like to check the weather in the system a lot. The overall functionality and performance of the system are really good. When the rep from Slomin's came in, he explained everything and took the old system out. Then, he put the new system in and showed me all the specs of it even though I already knew because I had it installed in my other house already. Since having Slomin's, I feel more protected. I had an excellent experience and I would always choose them.

5.00/5

Original review: May 16, 2019

Having a security system, we liked that you can see the video. The manager in our building had Slomin's. We saw it and we were interested. Customer service was pretty cool and the installers were very professional, friendly, and on time. They came in, made me feel comfortable, and gave me all the information. We just never got the welcome email and I had to call in because I couldn’t remember the passcode. Even with that, we still never got the welcome email.

I’ve also been meaning to call customer service because the doorbell is not working. It works on the outside, but when you ring the doorbell you can’t hear it on the inside. I don’t know if something disconnected or what the deal is with it. Other than that, my system works overall. I was in Arizona yesterday and somebody rang my doorbell. I could see exactly who was at the door and I love just being able to see who’s there. Also, you pay $46 upfront then pay monthly. I think that's pretty cool. They didn't ask for a bulk amount of money.

5.00/5

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was reading the reviews and Slomin's reviews were okay. That’s why I chose them and both people I dealt with, the sales rep and the installer, were excellent. The installer showed me how the system works, made sure everything was set up for me, and didn’t leave me until all my questions were answered. In terms of the features, everything is great. It seems to be working for me. The smartphone features are also very convenient. Those are the best thing about the system. The alarms also all work fine so everything is good. I can see everything in front of my house and also a little bit down the street. Slomin's is cheap too. It’s $24 a month.

5.00/5

Original review: May 11, 2019

I wanted to make sure my home was protected and I've seen Slomin's advertisement so I thought I would give them a call and see how everything is. So far, I'm enjoying it. This one also seemed like the most reasonable security system and so far, the price is really good compared to other home systems. It's very affordable. The guy, Don, also explained everything and was very thorough. He was also very nice when he set everything up. He showed me how to do everything and answered any questions I had. I will recommend this to a lot of people. Everything was good and I feel more secure now. I feel like I can leave my house without any issues – that if anything were to happen, I can rely on these guys to take care of it.

5.00/5

Original review: May 10, 2019

At the time when I thought I might need a security system, I heard about Slomin's on the radio. I called them and have been satisfied since then. The guy that did the initial look around and the installation guy were really cool and professional. The installer was here for quite a while. He explained all the way around about everything and made sure everything worked properly. He was good. I would have liked another window or so though. But the smartphone features are great. When I'm not home and someone comes to the door, I get alerted. I could see what they're doing and talk to them. Everything is working out fine. Plus, the system's cost is great. We're happy with everything and I've been recommending them.

5.00/5

Original review: May 7, 2019

I didn’t feel safe in the house without a home security system. I've seen a lot of Slomin's signs in my area and I read up on it. I called them up and everything was good. Anthony was phenomenal and very professional. We loved the way he presented himself. He explained everything in great detail so we're very comfortable and have no worries, whatsoever. I had a lot of questions and he had all the answers. Plus, he didn’t leave a mess. The guy deserves a raise. With the system, our sense of security is perfect. Its features are very good and easy to use which my wife loves. She was scared it was gonna be too difficult to understand. The pricing was great, too.

5.00/5

Original review: May 4, 2019

I needed a home security system and although I've used a different home security provider before, I wanted to try something different. Slomin's is a little more expensive than what I was paying but I like the wireless connections. Their reps came, provided the information that I needed and talked about my needs. The quality of the service was very good and I made the decision to go with them.

5.00/5

Original review: May 3, 2019

Excellent service provided by Tyler our sales rep he is knowledgeable and awesome!!! I will recommend others to Tyler and Slomins! I love our door camera and security system! Works great! I look forward to doing continued business with Slomins!

5.00/5

Original review: April 28, 2019

For the convenience of knowing that my house is safe, I decided to buy a home security system. Slomin’s, I thought, was the better out of all of other companies, so I went with them..Everything and everybody was good. They were very professional and the guy that did the installation was awesome. He was courteous, explained everything to me in full detail, and I had no questions. I also like the quality of the system and I have no issues with its smartphone features. All in all, I feel comfortable having Slomin's in my house.

Original review: April 25, 2019

My system was damaged by a flood. We got it repaired and upgraded with a doorbell camera. It was done quickly and professionally. The salesman gave us a nice discount and the tech was very personable, efficient and neat. He also was very helpful with explaining how to use the system.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I've been very happy with Slomins. I was with ADT before and Slomins has been much more price sensitive. Their customer service has also been excellent. Also, the guy who came here to install the system was terrific. The system that I have has what I want and I'm happy with the features it has. It runs nicely like it's supposed to and it doesn't take much effort.

2/5  to 5/53
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: April 26, 2019

Recently I had a complaint regarding customer service at Slomins Alarm Systems. I was promptly contacted by a manager from the company and he resolved the problem quickly and thoroughly. I am very pleased with their response.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I called Slomins today about audible alarms form our keypad for low batteries in 3 of our sensors. I wanted to know if I was to replace the batteries or was that something they do. After some questions the rep said they needed to send a technician out to upgrade the keypad for a fee of $60. After I questioned why I should have to pay for their upgrade he said it is in your contract. When I questioned him he talked over me and his tone became louder and "matter of factly". I felt his attitude was horrible. That if I didn't like the policy that was my problem, continually asking me if I wanted him to schedule a tech to come out as if the conversation was over and he was done wasting his time with me. I eventually hung up.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The Slomin's security system was already installed in the house, so when we were robbed, we had them come out and update the system. The experience we've had with the representatives at Slomin's has been really good -- both the first time we had the system reinstalled and the last time when the tech guy came out. The tech guy was excellent and he really helped me. He showed how to get the app on my phone. Now, it can be done off your phone and he made sure I really knew everything with the updated system.

I like the features and they work out really good. I am happy with the cost, although my bill went up $4 a month or $12 every quarter for the update of the service, which is really not that much cost considering what I have. I can program the system off my phone or turn it off or check it, so it is really a good service. The night we got robbed, I was going around and putting locks on the doors. We didn't have anything that night and I figured those people would be back, so I set the alarm every night and if I step out a couple of minutes and when my teenage daughter is home. I am secure about it then and at least I know what is going on.

5.00/5

Original review: April 19, 2019

I’ve been using Slomin’s for years and I’ve always had very good service so I figured about getting a security camera. I was entitled to an upgrade, so I took it. The upgrade included the outside security camera and the new keypad. Joe, the person who gave me the upgrade, was excellent to deal with and I've known him for a few years. The installation was very professional. The camera and installation were not charged, and I pay $11 a month for the security camera, so I'm satisfied. I’m very pleased with Slomin’s and will be staying with them until the end.

3.00/5

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was a customer of ADT for years but they kept raising my prices. When I told them I was leaving, they didn't take it seriously so I found the next best thing. Slomins' customer service reps were very accommodating. Joe toed the line, helped me and got me a good price. The people who came and installed the system were very helpful as well. My system has plenty of features but I don't think it's great. It's very similar to the previous one I had, but then all home security systems are all very similar.

5.00/5

Original review: April 12, 2019

I was an ADT customer for 12 years. I moved into a new house in December of 2018 and I had an ADT sales rep come three times with a technician. They said that they could do the system then they couldn't do it then they could. They had to do upgrades and in the end, they tried to take out over $1,000 out of my pocket. I basically threw them out.

The radio show I listen to, Z100, advertises Slomins all the time so I made a phone call. The customer representative that I talked to was very polite. She gave me the contact of the salesman who would be coming to my house as well as a three-hour window. The salesman came right on time. He looked at everything and told me that I could absolutely use all the hardware that was already existing in the house like the window and the door sensors. He also looked at all the glass breaks and the basement sensors that I had and he was very upfront about how they might have to be replaced. He was able to give me a quote right then and there and I actually signed the contract before he left the house. I also took his advice to have the batteries of all the sensors replaced as he said that that would save a lot of time. I had done that the weekend prior to the installer's schedule. I wound up having 36 zones in total between all the windows and doors.

The guy who came to install my system was great. He asked me before he did the work and communicated while he was here. He used all the existing sensors and he replaced the ones that were not functional, such as the one in the basement. He also put in another glass break sensor, motion sensor, three fire sensors and two LCD panels. He was in and out of the house in less than three hours and everything went great. From the customer service rep to the salesperson to the tech, everyone that I dealt with from Slomins was very professional and communicated very well. They knew all of my expectations and they did a phenomenal job. I was very impressed. All three floors of my house are now thoroughly covered. The Slomins' app is also on my phone and my wife's phone, and it works fantastically. I have more features on my system and my monthly cost is right where I expected it to be.

5.00/5

Original review: March 15, 2019

We are very pleased with Slomins. I have had their system for 10 years and everything is good. We had a very nice young fellow come out when the battery needed changing. He talked to us and everything worked out fine.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Alarm work well. Salesperson was very helpful and installer was very good. We are very happy with the doorbell camera. Alarm is very easy to use and has a lot of ice features and flexibility. Overall we are very pleased with this product.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I feared being burglarized and I decided to get a home security system. I went online, looked at Slomin's and I got ADT. Somebody played with the website and I got really pissed off with ADT because I don’t like that. I called Slomin's directly. I have them at two houses and I remembered their number since it’s a fairly easy one. I got the salesman out and he went through the house. He and I agreed on where these things should be placed depending on how many I need. I closed one of my houses through the winter and I disconnected the telephone because I didn’t need it. With Slomins, you don’t need a telephone to call out to the central system. It works by WiFi. The installation was smooth enough and the technicians were very good. What I have with Slomin's is better than what I had.

In November, as I was closing up the house through the winter, I had the plumber come out to the house to drain all the pipes, blow out the line and put in antifreeze. When I was going to close up the house, one of the sensors wasn’t on. I called up Slomin's and I explained the situation to them. I begged them to send somebody out that day but they said they couldn’t. So, they made an appointment to send the guy out the next morning between eight and 10 in the morning. He never showed up but he eventually called. He said he couldn’t make it because of the snow yesterday. I told him that he gotta make it because I’ve already closed up the house. He said he was not going through and then, he made an appointment with me for the next Tuesday but I told him to come up on that day. I have no food, no heat, no water and no toilets but he wouldn’t come.

I called Slomin's and I complained to them. I explained my situation to the lady and she felt badly for me. She said that she would have somebody there that afternoon, which was really nice of her. Somebody else came up in the afternoon. Originally, whoever the repair guy was, he should be fired. He said stupid things and I hate stupid comments. In either event, I did get it fixed. It was a very simple one. The guy who who eventually came should be commended because he saw right away what was wrong and it took him five minutes to fix it.

The functionality of Slomin’s system is fine but there’s no consistency. I have one in New York City and one in Wurtsboro, New York. Though the two machines are identical, they’re programmed differently. I asked to have them both programmed the same way but they didn’t do it. I accepted the reason they gave me. They said it was more secure the way they do it but I have an older one and a newer one, and the older one is the way I like it. When you get to be older, you have done it in a certain way and to change is difficult. The change here is calling the police, which I have no desire to do if I’m not being robbed. In either event, consistency between locations is very important with the machinery.

I have on my cellphone my country house application, the app and I have the country house on it. When I wanna switch to the city house, I have to close that app and put in the other address, open that up, put in the username and the password. When I wanna go back to the country house which is where it usually is, I have to do it all over again. I have to close it and reopen it. I should be able to use the same application for more than one house and the more often that I use my flat, little fingers on this little thing, the more errors I make which frustrates me and I’m not in the business of being frustrated.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Closed on my house in the afternoon and the first thing the next morning they were able to install my alarm. My salesman was professional, knowledgeable and punctual. The installer came on time and did an excellent and efficient job as well. I could not have asked for a better security experience. I had truly an excellent experience and would recommend Slomins to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Have been a customer for 10+ years, had system upgraded (free) & added smoke & carbon monoxide detectors in house. System is easy to use, transition to new system was smooth, each time we have to contact Slomin’s with a question, they are professional, courteous, and pleasant. We are happy with our service. Satisfied customer!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

We got Slomin's security system as a preventative measure and at that time, it was a package. I was getting the oil from them also so we got a lower rate. We got a locked in rate for a couple of years on the oil. The only negative thing is that on occasion when the alarm goes off, they don’t call. That’s happened a couple of times. If you shut it off within a certain period of time, they don’t call you. But in six years, I’ve had no problems whatsoever. In fact, I had tried another system, which I still have, but it was such a rip-off. It isn't funny. It’s from Alarm.com and they were terrible.

I ended up calling Slomin’s and not only did they come, they also updated my system. After five years, they updated the system and the system is wonderful. They put their camera here and it works absolutely fantastically. So that was another thing with Slomin’s. They covered all of my issues. My price went up for like $5 but for me, it was well worth it just to have the cameras. I can also look at it on my phone when I’m out. It alerts me. There’s only one problem that I've had with the update. My key fob keeps falling off and I just got that. It fell off five times already and I’m afraid of losing it. I don’t know what to do about that. But they gave us two key fobs and it doesn’t happen to my husband’s. That aside, they’re very thorough and knowledgeable. They’re courteous too. And those are all important things. My last salesman was Anthony. He came from Slomin's home office and he was great.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was very pleased at the way in which your technician, Omar installed a doorbell video camera in my home. He checked out all my other alarms and sensory devices. He was courteous and very professional. In addition, he wrote down all the necessary locations for the devices that had previously been installed in my home. He also took the time to explain and demonstrate how my new doorbell video camera worked.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

My experience with Slomin's Alarm Systems has been good. When I bought the house, the system was already there. I just transferred the service from the previous owner and decided to continue, and the process was easy. The rep was very outgoing and he explained everything clearly. So far, I like what I have. It's good.

3/5  to 5/52
Consumer Increased Rating!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I had a Slomin’s home security system in a different house. I had a great experience with them for 15 years. I got a newer system with them. When getting things set up, their sales team was fine. At first, I thought the quality was updated. I thought the new system was much nicer than the old-fashioned system that we had. It’s all wireless, which was good. The installation was fantastic. We just moved into a new house. All the walls were already fixed and painted. When they were trying to install it, they didn’t have access to power. What the technician did was commendable. He called his supervisor and said that he couldn't get to the power. The supervisor came and, between the two of them, they figured something out where they didn’t have to break down my walls to run the power that had to be done. I thought that was admirable.

At first, customer service was okay. But now, I’m having some problems and it’s taking a long time to get them rectified, which has me a little bit annoyed. That time, I was having trouble with one of the sensors which kept going off. It would always ring at 2 o’clock in the morning. The alarm company asked me if they needed to send the police. I said no and that I checked everything out and everything was fine. They were willing to stay on the phone, which was excellent. When the service guy came, he was great for the first time. But when it happened again with a different sensor and I couldn't get the service guy for six days.

I had to keep bypassing that one particular zone for six days and that was not acceptable. If I leave the house unprotected, then what do we have the alarm system for? Plus, every time I put the alarm on and then you come in, and I have to bypass that alarm the next time I go back out. It’s not like when I bypass it once, it’s set. I have to keep bypassing it. Unfortunately, we keep running out to the store. Every time we come back in, we have to remember the bypass. If we forget, like we did the other night, it kicked off again at 2 o’clock in the morning.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Slomin's reps came out and we talked about where I wanted my cameras and my monitor. We went over pricing. Thereafter, the techs came out and it was a neat job. They were pretty fast with it. Thus far, I like that I can operate the system from my phone. I use the app all the time and with it, I can watch the cameras and arm the alarm. Since getting Slomin's system, I've been feeling comfortable.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My son recommended me to Slomins. I just want to say everyone at Slomins kept me updated on the scheduled date and time and informed me of arrival of technicians arrival time. When the tech arrived he introduced himself (Dimitrius) very professional and knowledgeable of equipment. All in all excellent service!

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The prior owners of the house had Slomin’s and when we called the company, their representatives were excellent. They explained everything and were very attentive. Plus they gave us a great deal. How could we turn it down? The equipment was there. They just had to reinstate it. We kept the keypad and all the wireless sensors on the doors and the windows. We just added a few more. The representative we dealt with was also good about giving us the remote thing for entering from the car. We got a couple of those. I’m not at the house all the time so it’s reassuring that the system is on and working.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I liked the time I had to buy my oil from Slomin's. They made me a good deal from home security and I've had them ever since. However, there came a time when there was a problem with my system. They put in a new "brain" for it. I spoke with sales and a salesman came to explain everything. Thereafter, they sent a technician who did the upgrade. He did a very good job and I was happy with him. Overall, the cost of the system has been reasonable and I've been happy with the service. I recommend Slomin's.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Both Scott ** your salesman and Walter your installer were very professional, easy to deal with and so far the service has been outstanding. The system is working as expected and I hope to be a satisfied customer for many years to come.