3.74/5
based on 559 ratings
4.00/5

Original review: March 14, 2021

The service Technician, Mac, arrived to install the new motor for my Washer. He explained what he would be doing; communicating while doing the job. I was very please with his work ethics, professionalism and as important, his easy-going personality. I am completely happy and satisfied with his work in getting the job done. Sincerely, Dorothy

Original review: March 13, 2021

The service on my ice maker was awesome. I put in on Friday night. Monday they text said they were coming and when I got home they had been and fixed it all done. This is the way it should be handled, not almost 4 months later like on my washer. VTEC is a great company to do the work. I would send them all my work in this area not Wilson Repair. They are bad.

Original review: March 13, 2021

As a brand new customer, I thought I had read through all the details and found I hadn't..Upon having a garage door issue, not understanding it would be covered we went through our normal calling our garage door service process...Later learned this should have been handled through First American, I reached out to see if I had options..I learned I did and they supported me with a reimbursement. Great way to start a new service. Thank you.

Original review: March 13, 2021

After a year with FAHW, I couldn’t be happier that I switched from a previous company. I manage several properties and have had ample opportunity to experience FAHW’s stellar customer care from service request to service completed. Their vendors are also top quality.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Did an awesome job in a timely manner. The PVC was damaged. The repair was complete. Because of the great service, I’ve used Allen’s pool service for regular maintenance. I would highly recommend Allen’s pool for all your pool needs. In my opinion Allen’s pool goes above and beyond what is expected.

Original review: March 12, 2021

We have been most satisfied with the FAHW and the savings it has afforded us. In most cases repairs were made in what we consider a timely manner. However when circumstances called for replacement, the wait was at least 3 weeks. Now having said that, it is due more to contractors than FAHW. Their people have always been polite and have always done everything they could to help. And, in the end, all was done to our complete satisfaction.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Doors were rekeyed in a professional and timely manner. The appointment was secured within a few days after our initial call. We appreciate the promptness of our request. The service technician was courteous and addressed all our concerns. Thank you for the service.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Sent text and called when on the way, efficient, found the problem and was difficult since the leak was actually from the top of the DW panel as well as from the side gasket. He was polite and explained why it was leaking. Would use him again.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

The whole process was quick, professional and all aspects of the process exceeded our expectations. I would recommend First American to anyone who owns home and wanted it maintained at the highest level. The quality of the service rep and equipment was clean and the installation was seamless. Truly a professional operation.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

Doing claims with First American Home Warranty has been fairly simple. They fixed my refrigerator, and I have to give them a call right now to let them know that it wasn't fixed properly. It's the second time that someone has been out to try to fix it. It was a different company. I'm gonna get to the point where if they can't fix it, we need to replace it. So, I'm gonna have that conversation with them next. I've had a previous claim for a leaky showerhead that they fixed with no problems, and then they fixed a microwave. First American has been fairly easy to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Dryer Repair - What can I say other then I will be renewing when the time comes. I have 2 Friends that just bought home and bought your coverage. I cannot say ENOUGH about you guys. I had to call you several times on items in our house we bought and needless to say repairs where complete. Everyone that was sent out was VERY professional. It's great to have that peace of mind to know when I call I will have great service. My only concern is sometime takes 2 day for repairs. That is fine when not emergency items. Not sure how that will work when the time come. Other than that I am VERY VERY pleased with everything you have done for us.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

First American Home Warranty was really quick and contacting a plumber. The plumber was really quick and getting out to my home and had it changed within one day. The contractor hauled away the old water heater, and also provided me with additional information before leaving.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Very pleased with the time frame from the day I put in claim to the plumbing issue being resolved. The technician was very informative and clean about installing the new garbage disposal, and checking to see if it was in working order. Thank you for the service we received.

5.00/5

I am quite satisfied with First American. I have had 2 separate issues at home. First was with my Air conditioner and the 2nd was a leak in upstairs bathroom. And both were dealt with fast. The customer service I received was great. I will be telling everyone about this company. Thank you.

5.00/5

Several times I needed repair services - electrical, pest control and plumbing - this first year in my new home. First American Home Warranty was prompt and professional in their response to my requests for referral and sent excellent service companies to complete the work. Therefore, when it came time to renew I didn't think twice about continuing my contract with them - great peace of mind!

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Good to excellent services within the term of the contract. I recommend First American Home Warranty to people live (or own properties) in areas where this warranty is available. Even though I live far away from my property, there was ease in contacting First American to have the needed repair done.

5.00/5

The pressure valve blew out and caused excess pressure in the water heater causing overflow valve to shoot out water causing 10300 dollar damage. Fixed valve and corrected damage. Suggest you have the pressure valve checked to make sure any problems eliminates future problems.

5.00/5

In all the paperwork that we've gotten from First American when we renewed every year, it directed us to go to their site. I opened their pamphlet up to the first page inside the cover and it says, “How you use your warranty,” “Visit fahw.com,” or call the 800 phone number any time it covered on sales. But when I went online and to their online page, it directed people on how to get a quote but there was no place on the website that said, “File a claim,” or anything about claims. You have to call. But the phone number on their website also only directs you to get an estimate and not to file a claim. And when I put in FAHW on a search page, my search engine brings up their internet ad for a free quote and that’s my problem.

And when I call their automated system, it's a little cumbersome because it can't always understand when I say, “Yes” and when I say, “No.” I don’t mind keying stuff in. But you have to say yes or no. If the automated system can't understand you, you have to start all over again because there's no, “Press 1 for yes, press 2 for no.” And then I call in, I get a claim number, a work order number and it gives me the phone number for the company and that the company should call me within 24 or 48 hours. But that's too long. The problem could have been in my kitchen and my refrigerator. I'd have lost all my food in my refrigerator and my freezer in 24 hours.

Also, I'm always having to call the company to let them know that I have filed a claim, that it's coming to them, for them to be on the lookout for it and I have to ask how long I have to wait. Usually, they tell me it's between two and five days before someone can get to me and that’s a long wait for a service call. And so I usually wind up having to call in, ask for a representative, and say, “Okay. I got a work order number but they can't get to me in three, four, five days and that’s unacceptable. Can you find someone who can service me sooner?” That has happened several times.

It's usually 100 plus degrees during this time of the year here in Texas. My air conditioning went out and I waited for the repair person to show up. They called me in the morning and they said they’d be here at 10:00 so I didn’t know if it meant between 10:00 and noon. But the repair person was great and understanding. He's gonna be back tomorrow with the parts needed to fix the AC.

5.00/5

I've been with First American HB Protection for 10 years and had several claims with them. Their price keeps going up and I'm not too crazy about it. But I like their service. Usually people come out pretty quick and in a timely manner. When we call customer service the reps seem to be knowledgeable. We have had problems a couple of times but that was alright. We just either call back and get a different rep and it goes smoothly.

Their technicians also seem very knowledgeable. They just come in, do their job and they're out within two minutes. I'm just hoping and praying that the $75 that we have to pay every time they come out doesn't go up anymore. It's a lot. Other than that, I am happy. I have encouraged a couple of people to come their way. First American comes out whenever they're needed and you don't have to worry about high prices when you call a person individually.

4.00/5

The seller of our home purchased the First American Home Buyers Protection and it was done through the company that did the closing on our paperwork. So far, we've had them for five or six years. The first year, we shopped around and First American best fit our needs. We usually submit claims online and sometimes over the phone but I've had English issues, so I usually do it online. My recent claim experience with them was with the fridge and it was good. The guys came out and looked at it. They got here timely and got it done quickly but ordering the part took some time.

I had an issue with the microwave several years ago where I talked to one guy who didn’t really wanna do anything extra or help me resolve an issue. But most of the technicians have been good. A lot of them just popped in and out as quickly as they could and they get the job done. I've only had one issue with one company that was hard to get a hold of. They were used twice and the second time, they never even called us. So, I ended up calling First American and got that taken care of and got someone else out here. I have recommended First American Home Buyers Protection .

5.00/5

When I bought my house in 1999, First American Home Warranty called me and asked me if I wanna get an extended home warranty on my house because if something happened, they would fix the problem. So, I said, "Let me check it out." I did that and I stayed with them. Then I got married in 2005 and I sold my house and moved into my husband's house. I told my husband, "Let's get First American's home warranty" and so we did. It's difficult now to submit a claim with First American because everything is done via computer and when you get to a certain age, it's a little bit harder when you do things with a computer. But I made it through, although I'd rather talk to a person.

I just submitted a claim a couple of weeks ago and I didn't have a problem with the claims reps at all. The only thing that I had a problem with was this one time when I didn't like the work that the contractor was doing and I told the reps not to send me these people ever again. But other than that, I like First American Home Warranty and I would recommend them to other people. The good part is that they would pay a certain amount a year and then they just have to pay their deductible, and the warranty is worth the cost because sometimes their stuff is gonna cost way more than the deductible and what they pay in a year.

4.00/5

I bought a house and the sellers provided First American as coverage. Submitting claims has been good. I call them to submit claims and their reps are very friendly and helpful. The technicians are dispatched within 24 hours and they're very professional.

5.00/5

The lady I bought the house from already had First American and I've been with them now for three years. I submitted my claims to them over the phone which was easy to do and my experiences with their reps were pretty good. When I had a problem with my microwave, their tech had to come back out a couple of times for it but he was good. I would recommend First American.

5.00/5

The warranty of First American came with our home three and a half years ago and we stayed with them throughout that time because they kept soliciting for it. To submit a claim, we just called and let them know the issue, then they had one of their contracted companies get in touch with us to set up an appointment. The claim reps have been knowledgeable and they've answered questions, and the work quality of the contractors have been excellent. First American provides the service that they're selling.

5.00/5

The house I was purchasing was inspected and needed some work, and First American handled the work. At that time, my realtor advised me to get a home warranty. I moved in January and since then, I have been with First American. Submitting the claim for my garbage disposal was very easy. The rep was very nice, professional, friendly and helpful. She walked me through everything and made the arrangements on who the contractor would be. Then the contractor called me within a couple of hours and came the next day. The guy was professional and kinda friendly as well which was nice. Because the garbage disposal turned out to be burnt out, the contractor replaced it with no cost to me. I would recommend First American as they do everything they can to help you out with your home and they don't try to cheat you. They are inexpensive and provide prompt and courteous service too.

5.00/5

Original review: May 3, 2018

First American Home Buyers Protection was the home warranty that the previous owners of our house were using. It was included in the purchase and when it came time to renew the warranty, the price was good so we went on and did it. Submitting a claim was also incredibly easy and they were very quick to respond. They contacted me the next day and we scheduled a time for a couple of days after. The technician took care of all of our problems, and was very polite and helpful. We were really pleased overall with all of the help.

5.00/5

Five years ago, we had another warranty company but they didn't cover anything at all so I cancelled it. Then my friend recommended us to First American Home Warranty. We are retired persons and we may be needing it someday. We'll be able to recommend some of our friends too to make time so they don’t have to struggle with some minor problem. Filing a claim was not difficult at all. We called First American up and the representative was nice and very friendly. We paid the co-payment which is $75 and they sent somebody. The technician came in on time and fixed the refrigerator. Now, the fridge is working.

5.00/5

My wife Carol had a condo and she was very happy with First American Home Warranty. So, when we got married, she moved in with me and then we put First American on as a warranty with the house. I haven’t had many issues with them, but when I've had, they’ve been very prompt in taking care of it for me. In my most recent claim, I called First American and they set me up with a plumber. Then an appointment was made. The guy came out, did the work on time and was done very timely. He was excellent and very professional. But the guy who does the billing said he messed up and overbilled it. It was supposed to be $75 for the service call. I gave my debit card and they took $105, overbilling me by $30. I got a receipt yesterday and they apologized for it. Hopefully, the $30 will show up in my account tomorrow.

Other than that, I’m very happy with First American and I’ve had good luck. They’re one of the better warranty companies. I worked in the swimming pool business for nine years, so I know having someone where I couldn’t get them to fix anything. All they did was put a band-aid on stuff. But with First American, they'd come up with new parts or whatever is needed. I would recommend this company and tell other people what my experience was.

5.00/5

Original review: April 29, 2018

Getting a home warranty would be a good deal for the things that we had going on in our home and so we got First American. The experience was really good when submitting a claim and I had claims for the refrigerator, microwave and washer/dryer. Then, I also had a very good interaction with the technician who came to fix my washer and the quality of work performed is very good as well. We're very pleased with First American and they're the value for the money.

5.00/5

Original review: April 28, 2018

I was spending too much money taking out warranties per appliance at Sears and my daughter recommended First American home warranty to me. She thought it was something that we could probably benefit from and wouldn’t cost as much. I usually call First American when submitting a claim and they tell me they’ll get back with me in about 24 hours, and we’ve never had a problem. The most recent claim was my refrigerator and it has been fantastic since the repair. First American performs, and they call back and they get right on it which really pleases me. They’re dependable, truthful, and they do excellent work.