Customer Reviews

4.64/5
based on 32 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

The enrolment process was smooth and seamless and it worked. The interaction with customer service was good. They were friendly and quick to answer the phone. Santanna is a reliable energy provider. I did the apples to apples comparison and chose them due to the cost factor. I wanted a lower cost.

5.00/5

For a long time, I really didn’t pay a whole lot attention to my bills. I just pay them like most people do. But I’m retired now so I got to pay a whole lot more attention to it. I thought that Duke Energy was a little higher. Somebody was walking in my neighborhood and I listened to him and got convinced to change to Santanna. I sat on my front porch and he did all the application stuff. He filled everything out then placed the phone call and did an agreement over the phone. The customer service was professional and my experience with Santanna was good overall. Take a look, listen, see what everybody had to say and make your own decision.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I used Consumers Energy before and their price was going through the roof. If I was still with them, I would still be paying my winter bill when winter hit. But when I started using Santanna, I got a fixed rate so my bills were paid every month and I wasn't behind at wintertime because I got a good and reasonable rate with them. It's worked out for me so I've stuck with them ever since because of that. Also, their customer service people are great. Everybody's wonderful there and have always been very helpful. Santanna is a darn good company and I have recommended them to all my family and friends. They're out to help the people which I don't think Consumers Energy is.

5.00/5

Santanna took their time explaining the benefits for being my electric supplier. They didn't pressure me but showed me the big picture of what I was paying and what I will be paying going forward. No other company has taken the time that Santanna did.

5.00/5

Corazon was an excellent customer service representative! She answered my questions and guided me through the process to sign up for another 12-month fixed rate contract for natural gas for my home. I was very pleased with the experience.

5.00/5

I've been with Santanna Energy for years just to buy the natural gas cheaper. And every year, I price it. I'm hoping I'd get the price even lower later. I just went out of contract, so I wanted to get it in what I could. They do a great job but it all boils down to price. Also, my experience with the Santana team was good. In fact, I referred a guy to them and they should give a referral fee.

5.00/5

I've had Santanna gas for almost 20 years. At the time their gas rates were better and had better savings. Enrolling was easy and over the years, my interactions with their customer service has been very good. They were always able to answer all my questions and were always very friendly.

5.00/5

I have Santanna as my energy service. They were cheaper than the other energy service providers. Enrolling with Santanna was easy. I just asked for the price and when they told me the price, I signed up with them. My interactions with the customer service reps were fine.

4.00/5

I have Santanna Energy gas at my office and I've been using them for three years now.

5.00/5

I did an apples-to-apples search on websites regarding energy cost and the rates of Santanna Energy Services were lower. Enrolling with Santanna was easy and it was professionally done. Most of the customer service reps were knowledgeable and professional, with the exception of one who didn't seem to know his job. Santanna has very competitive rates and I've recommended them already. I told my friends that they should investigate and they would probably take advantage of Santanna's rates.

5.00/5

The gas company of Santanna Energy suggested that I call. Santanna's price and service were better than other energy companies. They were very clear in what they were saying. They told me what they were gonna do and how they were gonna take care of things. My enrollment experience with them worked out fine. I'd recommend Santanna Energy to anybody.

5.00/5

I was looking for competitive pricing on energy services and I found Santanna Energy on the internet. Enrolling for their service was easy and dealing with their customer service was good.

5.00/5

Santanna Energy's pricing made us go with them for electric service and everything was good when I enrolled with them.

5.00/5

Somebody came to my door and talked to me about the gas. They explained to me the rates and they told me how much it would be per Ccf, and it was just cheaper than the other one I had at that time. I liked the deal so I decided to change to Santanna and kept them ever since. The enrollment process was easy and I just wrote down all the information that they gave me. I keep calling them up if I have questions and they have been very nice and polite and answer whatever I asked them. I’m glad I’m with Santanna and I would not change it.

4.00/5

I see energy services around so I looked online and found that Santanna Energy had the lowest price, and I just enrolled online. The application process only took about 5 minutes. However, it took a little time for them to apply it to my account. But other than that, I have had no problems with them. I would tell my friends to check out what they’re paying now, as opposed to what they could get if they went to Santanna. They should be always comparing their rates.

5.00/5

I was asked to switch to Santanna Energy a long time ago. I've had a lot going on in my life. When you're retired, it's a full-time job. I have a mother that's dying and I've got my grandkids to take care. I got a call from Direct Energy and they told me that I was done with Santanna because they want you to believe that you're doing the right thing. Then you have to pay for the fine for canceling early. I got upset with Direct Energy. They're playing games with my mind. So I went back to Santanna and then they canceled Direct Energy and I'm not going to pay the $50. Santanna had a better discount, so I went with them and inquired about their ComEd Fixed Electricity Rates.

My experience enrolling with Santanna was simple, easy and quick. They just asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them. The customer service was very professional, kind and helpful. They did the best they could right at the time that I needed help. Santanna is easy to work. They have good rates, and they helped me a lot.

5.00/5

A few years back, I was with Santanna. Then I used Michigan National. But I decided to go with Santanna again for gas based on their price. There was nobody else that could offer me that cheap of a price that was locked in for one year. The process of enrolling with them was good. I just filled out an application form and they asked me some questions. Then they told me that the program would take effect when my contract with Michigan National runs out which was on December 30. I'm satisfied with my experience and I would recommend Santanna.

4.00/5

We always shop prices for gas rate because it’s a restaurant and Santanna Energy tried to get the best rate we can for the lowest price. Santanna gas is what we use at the restaurant and the price is right so far. The last time, we got the price for $2.99 and that was the lowest price for a 1-year term, a fixed-rate that there was at that time. Now, we switched away from the $2.99 to $2.69 for a 6-month term, and then we’ll re-negotiate again in a 6-month term in the middle of the summer. So, that doesn’t mean we’ll stay with Santanna if somebody else got a better price. We go with whoever gives a better price. I did the residence I’m in here, the owner’s residence and all the restaurants at the same time. Their customer service was all right and I had a really good experience with Santanna Energy.

4.00/5

We wanted to lower our rates and my daughter was doing some research and came across Santanna Energy. Somebody called me randomly and he said something about joining Santanna and so I did but I haven’t received the bill yet.

5.00/5

Santanna Energy called me and I looked into their services due to their prices. The enrollment process was easy and I have their electricity and gas service for about a year now. They've been very nice and courteous people to work with. Their prices are better than my previous provider and I've had no problems with their service so far.

5.00/5

I was with Duke previously but switched because of the expenses. Duke’s gas and electric rates were much higher. I called Santanna to enroll and got it lined up. They have an office here in Cincinnati. I’ve been with Santanna for a couple of years now and my experience has been very good.

4.00/5

I have been with Santanna Energy for about 50 years now. The first year I signed, I didn't know the contract was going to end. The service I’m receiving from them is okay my electric bill was doubled two months in a row and I went from 50 something a month to a 100. I called customer service twice about the same thing and they were very nice, but I want them to make sure that we know ahead of time that the price is going to go up. I like to have part of my bill paid and the rep said we would go back to the cheaper price on the next billing period. I’m not happy but I would stay with them, and so I re-signed with Santanna Energy.

4.00/5

This is my second year with Santanna Energy and they were very nice when I spoke to them. I just don't like the fact that they charged me higher before they even notified me that they were going to. The last gas bill was up before the season started. Overall, though, I'm happy with them. They offered me a lower rate than what we were going to get with Alon.

5.00/5

I found out about Santanna through my brother and decided to go with them because of the recommendation. Their enrollment process was easy. When they asked me the questions, I just said yes or no to answer them. Their customer service team was very helpful. However, when I call them, I have to wait on hold a little bit and they could improve on that. But otherwise, it’s all good and I would tell a friend to try Santanna.

5.00/5

What I usually do when a contract ends or when I’m close to the end is I start shopping again to get a better rate, and I stayed with Santanna Energy because they got the best rate going. But I only have gas with them while my electric is with First Energy. When I was talking to the Santanna reps, I checked their price on electric but they couldn’t beat the ones that I was going to get. But I’ve been happy with everything so far and I have recommended them to friends.

4.00/5

Santanna is on my gas bill. I liked the rate that they gave me and when I first went with them there was no penalty for opting out before the 12 months. The reps are great. They're not pushy about trying to get you into their program. They just tell you what they have to offer you and they will tell you a couple other rates from different places, and you can compare them. You can even get online and compare a couple of different places and Santanna is on top. I checked in with two or three other ones that called me. They wanted me to go with them and they had a $100 fee switch out before 12 months or even the six months fixed rate.

Also, most companies are locked in a fixed rate versus a variable rate. With Santanna, I started off with 0.056 and now I'm down to 0.054. I just renewed my contract with them. While anybody else's rate is going up, Santanna offered me a better rate than what they gave me last year. As long as they keep their rates down below everybody else, that's where I will stay. It sells itself because of the rates that they have. The six month lock in for the fixed rate might be just a little bit higher but I did the 12 months lock in.

5.00/5

Santanna had a lower rate compared to other energy companies and when I had gotten an even lower offer through the mail I called Santanna and they were very helpful. They matched the rate so I was thrilled. It was a good experience all around.

4.00/5

I needed to find an energy service provider because Commonwealth Edison was no longer going to provide the energy. So, I called the town officials but they couldn’t recommend anything. I went to a website and came upon Santanna Energy Services. I inquired from them about residential electricity and gas services, and their rates were lower. Enrolling with them was easy and straightforward.

Later on, I had some difficulty because another company called and got my account information, and transferred me to a different service without informing me. Getting switched backed to Santanna was a little more complicated, but it ultimately worked out. It was pretty shady, though, and halfway through I told them that I wasn't comfortable giving them my information, but apparently I had already provided it and I asked them if they were able to change my account.

I've been on the phone with several customer service reps, particularly during the confusion with the account changes, and they were all helpful. I got the name of somebody to talk to throughout, so I didn't have to get through the story all over again and that worked fine. My experience with Santanna has been good and the only issue is that I continue to get emails from them talking about lower rates and how I should join them, so they haven't quite caught up with the fact that I've already done that, and I don't like more emails than I need. Despite that, Santanna has generally been economical, easy and convenient.

5.00/5

I've been with Santanna now for 8 years. At the very beginning, being able to lock in a rate got me interested. Santanna called and told me about their services and then I was able to make a decision based on what they gave me. I stuck with them because out of all the service providers, they are the ones that tend to have the best lock in rate each year. When I go to lock in my rate again each year, I talk to their reps. They're very friendly and will help me get what I need. Santanna has good customer service and they have a decent product. They're a good company to work with.

The only thing is the last couple of years, the rate that I've locked in at has been slightly above what the normal monthly going rate would be if I stuck with Consumers Energy. I am not a hundred percent great with that part. But that's my choice to lock in a rate in order to prevent it from going up. Still, Santanna has been the best rate to lock in but it happens to be the lock in rate is higher than what the average has been for the last couple of seasons. Nevertheless, it's a small part of the whole entire picture. And for the most part, I'd been very satisfied with everything else.

5.00/5

I’ve had Santanna Energy Services for few years. They had the best deal and I had no issues when I enrolled. The people I’ve talked to have been very nice as well. I am very happy and satisfied.