Customer Reviews

2.96/5
based on 49 ratings
Read more reviews
4.00/5

I bought a used car and I wanted to make sure to have a warranty on. And so, I decided to get a vehicle service contract with American Auto Shield. However, something happened and I lost my card. So, I called American Auto Shield and told them to send me a new card. They told me they couldn't send me one but they sent me a package letter instead. I didn't understand that. Nevertheless, the service contract has been helpful.

4.00/5

My experience has been excellent. Customer service is polite and caring and personal. Spend necessary time to listen to your issues. Approval takes only a few minutes for covered repairs. The company strives to be the best. In opinion, they are. American Auto Shield - keep it up!

5.00/5

I went down on a Mercedes dealer and I said, "You hear of these guys?" They said, "Yeah. We heard of them. We deal with them. They're good." So that's how I chose American Auto Shield. One of the guys called me when I was in the midst of a problem and he was very helpful. Also, feedback was very good. It was a messy episode and it cost me a lot of money but it was okay. They did a good job, and I'm very satisfied.

5.00/5

I had to file my first claim after only a few months of using American Auto Shield when my engine died on me unexpectedly and I was expecting to have to jump through a dozen hoops just to get things done. Amanda was incredibly friendly and willing to help me get everything done. They never once treated me like I was trying to scam them like so many other places that offer similar services have in the past and I went away feeling like I got exactly what I was paying for. Would definitely recommend giving them a shot and seeing how it works out for you.

4.00/5

Came in handy when I needed it. Few hiccups but nothing life altering. Just some minor delays that were easily worked out. Happy with the result. It's not a perfect system but really what is. Were there when I needed and that is really what I was after.

5.00/5

When I was initially approached with the purchase plan I thought I would later regret my decision to enroll but I must say this was the best decision I have made. I have had to use the warranty three times and have been pleasantly surprised by the quick responses for approving coverage. Thank you Eddie for working with me thru some financial difficulties.

4.00/5

I was skeptical at first, without a doubt, but over time I began to slowly have faith in American Auto Shield to do what they said they would do. Fix my Vehicle. Whenever I had an issue with my one ton truck, I would be in doubt if the repair would be covered. But after one year of covered service and driving over 100K miles, they were still with me paying for all mechanical repairs needed. I drove 100K miles, all over the United States, and American Auto Shield was always there ready to help when asked. I am a satisfied customer.

5.00/5

I love the service team. I had my starter replaced on my car. I called them and they said, "Take it to the repair shop of your choice and we'll take it from there," and they did with no problems.

American Auto Shield

Hello Angela!

Thank you for taking the time to review our services and for your continued business and support. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to know that your vehicle service contract is taking care of your repair needs, as expected.

Should you ever need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us!

Original review: March 15, 2017

American Auto Shield has always stood by me whenever I had service done on my Jeep. I just had the Service Department call American Auto Shield. The rep explained to the Service Department what was covered and what wasn't, and my Jeep was repaired. American Auto Shield has taken care of me for years and I am very grateful!!

American Auto Shield

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our coverage and services. We pride ourselves in training our Customer Service and Claims Specialists to be professional, courteous and supportive. We are pleased to hear that was the experience you were provided with, as expected.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance you may need in the future. Thank you for being an American Auto Shield customer.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Overall experience was good. Had two appraisers look at work to be done. Work was done and Truck running great. Happy with the service. Had some hiccups but always found a representative that was willing to help. Glad I got the extended warranty. Need my vehicle to get my days tasks done.

5.00/5

When my warranty expired on my Kia Optima, I was very worried about how I would pay for costly repairs. I did a google search and found their website. I talked to a sales rep. We set up a plan, the process was very easy and painless. 12 months later my transmission went out :( It was going to cost over $2700 to fix it. I called American Auto Shield claims number and they took care of the rest. I only paid $100 for a deductible, that was it! They also gave me a FREE rental car for 2 weeks. 5 Stars!!!