Customer Reviews

4.59/5
based on 277 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

The application and underwriting took 45 minutes or less. Vanderbilt made closing this loan convenient for me. When we had to sit down with the power of attorney and all of that, they made it convenient for my schedule. Most of the time, my interaction with their reps is pretty short, to the point, then secure information that doesn't gobble up all of your time and confuse you. It's all like in laymen’s terms and it was easy to understand. I knew exactly what I was getting into. There wasn’t a lot of big words and a lot of small fine-print stuff that they didn’t know what they were talking about. It was all very descriptive. Also, they were very prompt.

From previous experiences I’ve had with other loans, whether it’s a car, home, motorcycle, or camper, my experience with Vanderbilt went really smooth, quick, and easy and there was not a lot of confusion and hidden costs. Everything was pretty much, “It’s gonna be this, this, and this and this.” Or “Add this up and that’s what it is.” And that’s how everything came out.

5.00/5

Vanderbilt Mortgage's application process took about a couple of weeks, which wasn’t that long. The first time, we had a little hang-up, but the second went right and smoothly. They communicated really well and pretty much kept me in the loop on the next step that was coming up, what I needed to look forward to and what I needed. They communicated by phone and email, which I preferred because if I missed a call, I would check the email to see what had happened.

5.00/5

The process from the beginning of signing the papers to them doing everything they had to do took a month and a half. We did the home loan process through the holidays and Vanderbilt was being right there on Christmas and New Year’s Eve. They did an awesome job. I worked with whoever was available and they were very friendly. They were great. They go the extra mile to try to get that loan for you.

5.00/5

Vanderbilt was amazing and I had a wonderful experience with them. When I started the process, I was looking to buy a house, and I thought I wouldn't get approved. I went to the place and I filled the application. Within the next day, Laura contacted me and told me that I was approved and the process I needed to do. I ran into a little roadblock when it came to the land because the land was somebody else’s.

Everybody was very courteous to me and respectful. They also listened. They were always clear about explaining. It was my first house, so I had a lot of questions about how escrow accounts worked, how the money worked, and how the insurance worked. Whenever I had a question, I was always able to get a live person on the phone and they would take time to answer. Whatever I needed, they were there every step of the way. That eased the burden of the buying process. When I called to complain that the mobile home company was taking their time delivering my house, they called the company and within the next four days, I had the house on my land.

5.00/5

I had the privilege of speaking with Keaton over the phone regarding my account. He was very attentive, knowledgeable, & supportive throughout the entire conversation. Keaton was also very helpful and compassionate to speak with his superior Shyla for approval in attending to the issues that were the reason for my call. I’ve been a customer for 10 years and I can honestly say Keaton and Shyla are the best customer service team I’ve had the opportunity and pleasure to speak with during those 10 years. Both display characteristics and phone etiquette that shows they appreciate the customer and understand life’s challenges. I’m grateful for the experience.

5.00/5

Everything is going wonderfully with Vanderbilt. Everything is up to par. It’s awesome. With everything we’ve gone through, it took about eight months. We had some other complications for us. We had a house lease too, so we had to go and make sure we could put the home on it. And we had to do all the extra paperwork. It was definitely pretty easy to get in the home. And the staff was wonderful. They helped us out any time we called. It wasn’t, “We’re gonna call back.” It was, “We're here for you to make sure everything is up and running and perfect.” They guided us through and told us what the process would be looking like. Everything was beautiful, and we had good conversations.

5.00/5

Vanderbilt tried to get our paperwork sent as quickly as possible, and communicating with them was easy. The loan specialist was great, too. The applications and underwriting processes took about two weeks. We loved Vanderbilt because any time we asked anyone a question, he or she can answer in-depth and explain to us what we wanted to know.

5.00/5

I was searching for a home at a reasonable price, and I researched their website and found what I was looking for. Doing the application process, I got approved in a day. Their part of it was very, very easy and quick. They were able to answer any questions I had. The first person I dealt with was Melissa and she was very helpful and friendly. If I called and didn’t get her, she would return my calls. I was able to get the home that I always wanted with little to no problems.