Customer Reviews

4.63/5
based on 193 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Everything went superbly with Vanderbilt. The process took a while 'cause I had to have all the paperwork and we did mostly email. But it was really simple and easy once we got all the paperwork done. The holdup was on my end 'cause I didn't have all the paperwork with me. I had several teams of people but everybody was very helpful. They explained everything to me before I signed it. They even sent me paperwork showing what the loan was, what each monthly payment was and what it was applied to. The phone calls were very helpful. They also gave me updates once in a while like, "Everything's on schedule. We're looking at a certain time." They kept in touch and didn't disappear. They did their job, knew what they were doing and kept me calm so I'm very happy with it.

5.00/5

We had to call and speak with them a few different times on the customer service. They were polite and they explained everything well. We also liked their rates. Their reps seemed very knowledgeable. Any questions that we had, they spoke to us on a normal level. They didn't try to tell us in Greek. So that was very good. Some of the lenders we were talking to I was like, “What? Wait, what are you even talking about? No, go back.” The process went a lot smoother than I had expected. This was our first home that we financed and it was a lot less scary than we thought it was going to be. So far, so good.

5.00/5

It's been a lifelong goal for me to own something of my own and to purchase a house and do something for the benefit of my kids. Vanderbilt Mortgage made that possible for me and I'm very grateful. Their application process was super easy. It was self-explanatory. From the time I applied till the time I got a conditional approval, it was only four days, which wasn't very long at all. It was very last minute when I was informed that I needed a B-seal inspection, but other than that, I didn't have any issue. Ashley had the best customer service skills out of everybody I talked to. She's very helpful. Every time I had a question, she always knew the answer right away. She seems to really care about me and my family and getting us into a house. I don't see that a lot.

5.00/5

Going through Vanderbilt Mortgage was a good experience. The application and underwriting process went fairly quick and smooth. I filled out the application at the seller and they sent it in. Vanderbilt then contacted me with any additional information they needed and I sent it to them. They had my approval in about a week. They were pretty thorough. We wanted to use the home insurance that we had. It was gonna be included in the loan and we liked the company that we had. Vanderbilt worked really well to get our own home insurance with the company we liked added into that. It was a really smooth transition.

The rep he was really helpful as far as getting everything together and communicating what they needed on their end. He was the one who was able to work in our home insurance and he did that no problem. He got in contact with who we had our house insurance through and worked that out. It went pretty smoothly and we didn't have to do anything.

Getting ahold of each other was really easy. If I was at work and I couldn't get to my phone, they'd typically contact my wife. They were in communication with both of us. We also had direct contact with the person that was overseeing our loan. And usually, if we called, couldn't get through and left a voicemail, they'd call that same day. Communication was really good. Vanderbilt was really transparent. Before we even signed the loan, they gave us all the paperwork that we can look over. They let us know what our interest rate was, what our payments were, and how much was going into escrow. They were really upfront about it.

5.00/5

Vanderbilt was very helpful with the application process and I had no issues. It was easy to communicate with them and I could call the rep and I would usually get an answer. They called me every week or so to make sure everything was going good.

5.00/5

The application with Vanderbilt was easy to fill out. There were no trick questions. This was my first time buying a house and it made it very simple. The application took me maybe 5 to 10 minutes. I filled it out the day before, and then I knew how much I could borrow the very next day. Everything else was pretty straightforward, but whenever I received the phone call about what I could borrow, I really didn’t know some of the words that were being used. So, I had to ask questions about what some of the words meant because it was my first time buying a house. Other than that, I’d say they should keep it like it is.

My loan officer was fantastic. She shot me straight and got the stuff done very quickly. It made it a great experience. She was very easy to communicate with, and she spoke great over the phone. She knew exactly what she was talking about because right when I asked a question, she immediately came back with an answer. My experience with Vanderbilt, overall, went quickly, it was easy and a great quality

5.00/5

Getting a mortgage with Vanderbilt was an easy process and they kept me informed the whole way through. They would give me update any time I'd call them and they'd reach out to me if there was anything they needed. There was good communication The process was pretty much what I expected it to be. They need a lot of information and you gotta make sure to get them the information. Everything was great.

5.00/5

We had very good communication. I was getting emails and phone calls quite regularly updating the process. Samantha was the one I spoke with most often and she was the one who closed my mortgage. I've never bought a house so I had a lot of questions. She was always right there to answer my questions and to make sure I understood before she moved on.

5.00/5

The people from Vanderbilt Mortgage are all professional and honest. They explained and made sure I understood everything. They also wanted to work with me if I had any problems. The application and underwriting process was very short. It surprised me how quickly it all went through and it was very easy to keep up with. They notified me through the mail and the person that I was buying the mobile home from talked with me. They could answer any questions I had or if they couldn’t, they got answers for me really quickly. I would strictly recommend Vanderbilt.