Customer Reviews

4.78/5
based on 85 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

GreenPath was awesome. I had an old debt that was in collection status and I needed a little help with it. I heard about GreenPath through an old co-worker that was using them as well. She said it took her about two years to get back on her feet, and they did just that. I called GreenPath's number and they asked questions just to get an idea of what type of debt I had and the amount. They explained to me the amount that they worked with which is $300 and more. Everything under that, I would have to make arrangements with myself. I did, one creditor at a time, and I paid it off that way. Once they got all of my bills together and had my income information, they did a little math and came up with what would be comfortable for me every month. The payment came out of my account every month automatically. They took it from there and distributed it to all the creditors.

They were very professional and answered all my questions. They were there when I needed them. I worked with several representatives and I was impressed by how quick they were in gathering everything, doing that initial call, and giving me an idea of what it would be monthly. The phone call lasted maybe 20 minutes and that was really cool. However, the queues are backed up when you call so you have a little bit of a wait. But then they do have the function or the option to put whatever number for them to call you back. That works too.

5.00/5

GreenPath helped me get out of debt. I enrolled in their program online and every step was easy. They told me everything I had to do and I didn't have to search for anything. I sent them the creditors and we worked out a solution to what was gonna be beneficial for me as far as what I was gonna pay. The monthly bill also suited me.

Everything was perfect. The customer service reps were always available and when I spoke to a person, they were on point and they led me in the right direction. Everything I needed to know when I called, they helped me. Everybody I interacted with was cordial and nice. The rep had patience and she talked me through a lot of things, especially telling me that this should be a learning experience for me, and it was. They had me covered and I wasn't worried about anything. The GreenPath program taught me how to monitor and how to stay in my means of living. Now, I'm finished with the process. GreenPath is a great company. I will refer my family and friends to them.

5.00/5

Original review: April 26, 2019

When I googled debt consolidators, GreenPath came up and I went with them. They provided excellent services and the process was very easy. Every time I called and had a question, I got somebody on the phone to answer me. The reps that I worked with were very helpful. They explained everything very clearly and I got all the information that I needed. They spent time with me when I needed that and I never felt rushed. They were very flexible and easy to work with. They asked me what would be comfortable for me right from the beginning. I told them the amount, then we broke the payments down to every two weeks and it worked out fine. I made my monthly payments and I'm done with the program. It was all good when the accounts were finished and everything was settled very clearly. Everything went very smoothly and I was happy with the whole thing. I would recommend GreenPath to other people and in fact I have already done so.

5.00/5

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was having frequent overdrafts and I had a large amount of credit card debt. GreenPath was recommended by my credit union that had my car loan. Their process was very easy and the people there were very helpful. Communication was very good. The payment plan they had me on worked out fine. I increased it somewhere along the line and it went very well too. I got everything paid off in about three and a half years which was shorter than I expected.

5.00/5

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was accumulating debts and a referral made me go with GreenPath. Their enrollment process was very easy and I had a support team that walked me through it. Their reps were accommodating, supportive, very friendly and professional. I paid ahead of schedule and wasn’t charged any penalty. They didn’t make me pay the rest of the monthly expenses. It was a testament to their commitment to supporting the program. It put us on the path to resolve our debts. If a friend of mine is considering using them, I'll tell that friend to do it without hesitation.

5.00/5

Original review: April 5, 2019

I was in debt and called GreenPath. They got all the information for all the creditors that I had, then did all the work. The process took a couple of years only. With their program, I paid off my debt and I'm out of it.

5.00/5

Original review: April 3, 2019

My previous relationship got me into some deep debt and it was kinda hard to get out of by myself so I looked for some guidance and some debt management. GreenPath was very helpful and cutting the interest rate was huge. I was able to manage it, and they worked with me to come up with a plan to do so. They set me up a fine and manageable payment plan because they listened to what I had, they looked over my bills at that time and worked with me. They didn’t leave me in such a bind to where I couldn't eat. I was pretty limited, but I knew into going to it. They didn’t put me in a pinch to where it was that uncomfortable.

In the beginning, my interactions with their reps were great. The guy who helped me set up everything was fine. He was very thorough and made sure everything was in order. There were no hitches along the way and I very seldom had to call for anything. But towards the end, I was calling often because I was paying off a lot more than what my normal was and I took the initiative to tell them to take out extra deposits. I had to deal with a different rep every time because it was like a call center. So, sometimes it works and sometimes it didn’t, but most of the time, it did. Some people were ready to talk fast and move on to the next person.

I also got a few instances that they wanted to do what they wanted to do versus what I wanted to do with my money. But other than that, it all worked out. I had access to them whenever I needed and luckily, I didn’t hit anything along the way because everything kept working out fine. I would recommend GreenPath. They were a big relief because they did the payments and did the work. They took out money, so I was aware of it each month and I just kept watching the balance go down. They gave me peace of mind and it added comfort just knowing I wasn’t the only one dealing with the problem anymore. It was a big weight off someone’s shoulders.

5.00/5

Original review: March 29, 2019

When I bought my house, GreenPath was a big part of them approving my loan for my house because I was already in an active debt management plan. They looked at that as being a good thing. At the time I sought their services, I was way at my budget and trying to find a way to better manage myself. I was with a credit union and they automatically covered interest fee or whatever it was for GreenPath. I felt completely comfortable working with GreenPath and talking about my budget. I've been in the program for 10 years and paid them $85 a month. But I finished it recently. They absolutely helped out a lot and I would recommend them.

4.00/5

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was having financial issues and I needed to consolidate all my credit card debts so I could pay it off. I tried to go with another company first but one of my credit card companies wouldn’t deal with them. They told me to go with GreenPath and it worked out for me. There were a lot of forms that I had to download and then upload to them, but they made everything pretty simple. I just filled it out, the accounts, and I sent in statements from the credit cards that I had at the time. They walked me through whatever I needed to do. Then when I was getting close to paying one off, they'd send me a letter to doublecheck with the credit card to make sure it was off. It was a good experience.

I basically owed more in credit cards and I was paying off nothing. When I first started, I’d have to pay $1,400 a month for credit cards debt and I was just barely paying the minimum. Then, when I consolidated with GreenPath and they canceled it and renegotiated, it got it down to where it was bearable. It was at $450 every two weeks. The cost was reasonable and it was good compared to some that I've seen out there. I've paid off all that credit card debt. I'm not completely debt-free ‘cause I have a couple of open credit cards at the moment, but I feel more secure and everything is taken care of.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I was told about GreenPath by my bank when I was applying for a personal loan to get out of debt. GreenPath was a much easier and painless avenue and I'm glad for their services. Rather than juggling different bills at different times while trying to coordinate paychecks, GreenPath simplified everything. From start to finish the people and process were honest, understanding and approachable. I am now consumer debt free and my credit score is higher. Many thanks to GreenPath!

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

GreenPath was so helpful in negotiating interest rates and a payment schedule with my creditors. I was able to pay down my debt in record time - even 6 months faster than we all thought possible. That has allowed me a great sense of accomplishment and tremendous peace of mind. I am now saving for retirement! Thank you GreenPath!

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Got out of debt at a consistent pace no missed payments. Any questions I had I just made a call and all folk at Greenpath helped me with a smile and encouragement!!! Would recommend Greenpath if anyone needed help in this area. Thank you again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My experience with GreenPath was flawless. Any time I had questions about my account or creditors, someone was there to answer my questions and help me make the best decisions for payoff journey. Getting things started was a bit cumbersome but that's to be expected when you're getting things in order to make a concerted effort to pay off a large amount of debt. The online chat option helped save me time when I needed questions answered - I didn't have to call in and wait on hold for a customer service agent. I have recommended GreenPath to several friends and they have taken advantage of the program and are also happy with the outcome. I was able to pay off $20,000+ in credit card debt in 4 years1, of course substantial payments were required each month but it was worth it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

A great, fairly painless way to get out of debt. There were no surprises as far as rates changing, etc. Everything that I was told would happen happened. I would recommend this program to anyone who is struggling to get out of debt.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

My credit card company recommended GreenPath when I was trying to get out of debt. Their enrollment process was very easy and the person I spoke to walked me through it step by step, laid out how much debt I had, and about how long it was gonna take me to get out of it. We worked out a payment plan, and it was straightforward. Their reps have been very professional any time I have had to interact with them, and they were very understanding about whether or not I was able to make the payments that month. They would check up on me at least once a year to make sure that I was still staying on track, and if I had any new debt. But for the most part, I didn’t have too much interaction with them unless there was some issue like automatic payments not going through, then I would have to contact them. But usually, it was just a clerical error.

Their program worked out well for me because I'm not in debt anymore. I just stick to my payment plan, and they pulled it automatically from my account, so I didn’t even notice it was gone. It was a hassle-free experience. I completed the program in a little less than five years to clear all my debt. In terms of the cost in relation to the quality of the service I received, it didn’t cost me anything in the sense that they were the ones that were dealing with my creditors to settle my accounts. Part of the reason I went with them is they're non-profit so it didn't feel like I was being taken advantage of which was comforting at the time. It's never pleasant to be in debt, but they made the transition out of debt a lot easier. It was overall a very pleasant experience and I've recommended them to a few people that are going through a similar situation.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I had some credit card debts and GreenPath has an office here in Madison which I found on the internet. The enrollment process was pretty easy. I went out there and met with somebody. I tried to get some information and there were a couple of phone calls and we were pretty set. Everything has been very nice and everybody has been good. The program got me out of debt, was able to lower interest rates, and paid everything off. It feels good to be out of credit card debt. I would recommend them to a friend.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I put in for a loan with a different company to have some work done on my house but then I was told that although I was paying my bills, I had too many. When I called GreenPath and spoke to their rep, I knew that I would go with them. He was great and reassured me that he would take care of everything. GreenPath made sure that I had money to live on and everything was budgeted. They weren't taking all of my money but then they would set goals for when I would get my bills paid off.

At one point, they were able to renegotiate one of my debts and reduce my payments. That saved me 100-so dollars a month, which worked out perfectly. I didn't have to go into an office and did everything on the phone. With them, I was able to fax all my bills for so many months. I have referred quite a few of my friends to GreenPath, and the ones that have gone was totally happy. I couldn't ask for a better service. I was 100% satisfied.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I got in too much credit card debt and I couldn’t get out. I heard about GreenPath through our bank, WESTconsin Credit Union, and the enrollment was easy to understand. Everybody was real nice about getting things set up. It was also pretty quick. It took a little longer when they called the credit card companies, but within a week or two, it was all set up. They got lower interest rates for me so that I could manage it to get them paid off. Anytime I called, I was able to get a hold of somebody. I got $43,000 off in five years but it was not easy. I had to pay close to $1,000 a month for five years, but it felt good to be done with it. I don’t know what I would’ve done without the help that I got.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

GreenPath has been a miracle for us. We entered the program 5 years ago and completed it early. It was never a hardship for us and they were always willing to work with us in any way they could to make sure we achieved success. WELL DONE GREENPATH!!!

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Clearing my debts and helping me to get my life back on track. I can’t imagine how I could have managed without your help. My thanks go to your wonderful team and the way they work with me and I especially appreciate their help when I had to call and speak to them on the phone they were always friendly and helpful and patience which I appreciate very much. I also have to give thanks to One AZ Credit Union for suggesting that I should call you when they noticed I had a serious problem and my health was declining. So once again many thanks.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I was looking at what to do with my debt and because I had that debt, the financial advisor at the bank said that I didn't qualify for a consolidation loan. He told me what I could do and recommended GreenPath Debt Solutions. I went into the whole debt management and reduction service which was fantastic. I spoke to the reps on the phone collecting all the bills and stubs. Then, I went down and spoke to one of their advisors and we set up a plan. I checked once in a while on progress until they provided the website and then, they just looked there and kept an eye on things. When I spoke to the staff, they were always very courteous and helpful.

GreenPath kept my monthly outlay affordable and yet, I've paid off my debt which to me, was worth it. Working with them was positive. It opened up that new hole because it’s all consolidated in one payment. I had more cash for emergencies and things like that available to me which made a difference. I’m still fighting with Citibank because they screwed something up and they're claiming an account isn't paid in full. So, I'll just finish paying that off but otherwise, everything went well with GreenPath. The service that they provided was excellent and I had a very good experience with them. If anybody is in a situation like that, I would recommend that they speak to GreenPath.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We were struggling monthly to meet the minimum payment and I never saw an end in sight that the debt was gonna go away. I went through something here locally through United Way and that company was bought out by GreenPath. So, they have helped me before through a different agency. Once the program was set up, I could choose to log online. Then, I would email them and I usually got a response within a day or two. All the debt that we transferred over to them was gone as of January and it has made life better that I don't have that debt anymore.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Enrolling with GreenPath wasn't difficult at all. We met with them and discussed with one of their people what the options were. One thing we really liked with them was that their reps were accommodating as far as hours go. They stayed past their normal hours to meet with us. Once we had set up an account, the rest of the process could all be done online.

Though what we had was a five-year program, we decided to take out the remaining balance we had and put it into another credit card that didn't have any more fees. Even so, GreenPath's program was helpful in the beginning when we had a big balance to work with. It was also easy for us to cancel our account with them and they were great about it. They sent us a letter saying that we took out the money we owed. Their program worked for us.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

If you are looking for a way to get out of debt and not claim bankruptcy, go with GreenPath. What a lifesaver!!!! Took me 4 years but my divorce bills are paid off. 2 more years and I can retire debt free!!! Thank you. Your program is amazing and your videos and other information on your website are great!!!

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Well, I've reached the end of my GreenPath journey, which feels odd, as I feel like I've been paying money towards these debts my entire life (in reality it was about 12 years). My debts were predominantly medical, based around not working after an accident, going through depression and stress, adding up mismanagement of credit cards in my 20s, and pure denial that I needed to deal with the rising bills. I was told about GreenPath through a family friend, and an account was created for me in which I could pay off various bills slowly, and GreenPath would handle the damage; the threatening phone calls, the intimidating reminders in the mail.

As I changed jobs and my salaries grew, so did the amounts I was able to put through GreenPath. Originally $20 here and there, then $40 a week, then $60, then paying whole bills outright. The process is by no means easy; you still need to double check collection letters you get to see amounts (together myself and a GreenPath representative were able to find discrepancies in bills I was receiving in my favor), you need to save everything you get by email or mail for taxes and oversight, and if you overdraw on your account, you get penalized for it.

But the program WORKS. I didn't feel shamed by my debt, I was able to contact GreenPath at any time to ask about certain withdrawals, or how much I still had left to pay, or even if I could pay something outright because I had the extra funds that week. It helped me immensely to see these high numbers going lower and lower each week, and I really love on the new website how you were able to track your goals and see the calendar that showed when you had to pay and when you would receive a fresh statement.

I can grieve and be sad for the foolish choices I made with my money or the predatory cards I signed up for, but that's not GreenPath's fault. They're there to make an already stressful situation easier. I am debt free except for student loans. What that means is I can solely focus on bringing those numbers down, and I have the skill and tools to do it. I can also look back on who I was as a person and how I handled money when I started, and who I am now and how much has changed. I am grateful for this program, and I would recommend it to anyone. There is hope, and you don't need to be ashamed or scared you'll never get out of debt. You will.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I was very pleased with Greenpath. I used the autopay and everything was simple from the beginning. Any time I had any questions or an issue, any one I spoke with was kind, courteous and very helpful. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

With the assistance of Greenpath, I have been able to successfully pay off over $33,000 in debt. I am greatly satisfied with your services and highly recommend you. I could not have achieved this goal without you! Your service have changed my life and helped me to learn to budget responsibly

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I want to thank GreenPath for helping me regain my financial freedom. You were always available when I needed questions answered. You were always friendly and nonjudgmental. Your experienced staff worked with me to pay off my bill so that now I don't feel so stressed about my finances.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

With the help of GreenPath I am able to breathe easier because some bills I could never imagine paying off have been paid in full. There are no more threats of garnishment for a missed payment. I feel very relieved and my credit score has even increased!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I appreciate the consistent communication and the monthly reports. I would recommend this company to anyone wanting to eliminate debt. First and foremost it is not easy to get out of debt. GreenPath made it less painful through taking the money allotted directly out of my account. And they take in consideration your budget.