Customer Reviews

4.82/5
based on 133 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Prior to joining GreenPath, I was fresh out of school and going between job to job, which led me to falling behind on my payments on several of my credit cards as well as a loan. I just enrolled into a credit union called Freedom Credit Union here in Northeast Philadelphia and I asked them for help. There was this program that allowed me to take out a secured loan, pay that off and then a secured credit card, pay that off. Then, I asked for additional help. I wanted to tackle all my other existing debt that I had while being newly inducted into this credit union. So then, they referred me to GreenPath.

Early on, I had discussed what my payments look like, what were the closed accounts that I had that I definitely needed to pay off. The rep walked me through the process, clear cut and concise. I paid the registration fee and then got going with setting up automatic payments every week to tackle all the debt that had accumulated.

Moving forward, it was just what they had told me and coached me through was discipline. Make sure that I have money in my checking, that once I have it, I set it and forget it. Then, that's stuck with me throughout the three years. Then, it wasn't until mid-November when I got a call from GreenPath's office and they told me that I was done. But on my GreenPath portal, it said that I wouldn't be done paying everything off until January 2021.

I was able to cut down every single one of my accounts that I have listed with GreenPath and then get a refund for whatever else was left in my account. For me, with all the hard work, the collaboration and their team being patient with me and whenever I had issues, they were always there to answer the call, I was able to successfully pay off all my closed accounts and get on a better path. I've already promoted GreenPath with a lot of my friends who, just like me, were in the same situation where they didn't know how to go forward with discussing closing options with credit card companies and with loan shareholders.

5.00/5

I was in credit card debt. I enrolled with GreenPath and I like the consolidation of the debt as well as the low monthly payment. They worked really nice with me on that and they did a great job, so I was happy.

5.00/5

Green Path helped us manage our debt and be able to pay it off and not have to file bankruptcy. They were always available to help with any questions or problems we had. We were able to pay our debt off early and are finally debt free!

5.00/5

I had been paying very high interest on several accts for many years and made many attempts to get the rates reduced. They had gone extremely high due to the fact I was in the hospital for 6 weeks - 2-1/2 weeks unconscious and I always took care of the bills so my husband was clueless. Thank you for helping us get these rates dropped and we made our last payment in Dec, 2020!! Hallelujah! I would recommend you to everyone!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I used GreenPath to consolidate and pay off my credit card debt. I had absolutely no issues from the minute I started, until officially paying my debt off this winter. Everyone I spoke with along the way was kind, knowledgeable, and more than happy to help me. I had all information I needed provided to me, and I felt comfortable from the very beginning. Without their help, I would have spent another decade trying to manage my debt. I highly recommend them to everyone!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I was feeling like I would never get out of debt after being irresponsible in my 20’s with credit cards. The debt consolidation program made it really easy for me to dig my way out. The customer service was always friendly and helpful and they never made me feel like I had messed up financially. They also worked with me to get my payments where I could afford them.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

GreenPath provided debt management for me. Their enrollment process was super simple and they were super helpful via the chat. Working with them helped me pay off my debt sooner.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I signed up with GreenPath to regroup with bills and I went into their debt consolidation program. The rep I dealt with was really nice and she explained everything. Whenever I was going to add something on my account, she would tell me it was going to be this much a month and how long they were going to take to work on that. They divided up my payments over so many years then told me how much the monthly payment was going to be. And they told me that because I added more, it would be more. Working with them has been good for me because they were doing what they needed to do. So every now and then, I would call and check on things. I could also just go on the portal and see what was going on. Everything went smoothly.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I had some personal loans with a credit union and I was having a very difficult time paying them off. The credit union suggested that I look into working with GreenPath. As it turns out, my mom had been in a GreenPath program too for debt management. Enrolling with them was good. The most difficult part was getting my own paperwork together but after that, you just hand it over then they do everything.

GreenPath saved me. I had about 13,000 in unsecured debt and when it was all said and done, after I had to pay them their cut, I ended up paying around 16 grand. But it was the interest rates and they negotiated them. On some of my cards, it was like 25% so I wasn't making any headway. It was a five-year program and I was done in a little under three and a half years. I made a couple of extra payments here and there on things when I could. If one of my friends was in a similar situation, I would recommend GreenPath to them.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

My credit card companies wouldn't lower the interest rate and they wouldn't negotiate. GreenPath was able to bring the interest rates down to a reasonable amount. Every time I called, I always talked to a person instead of a machine. The representatives were always very helpful and knowledgeable. They helped me figure the lowest amount possible that I could pay to the credit card based on almost no income that I had as I was getting a little bit of unemployment. I paid it all off. It was a great experience. They're fantastic and they help people get back on their feet because when a person has no debt, so many other things can happen. Without them, I would have not been able to get to this point. I am surprised people don't know about them. This is my second time using them. The first time, I had a job, but I was in too much debt, and somebody from Citibank told me about them because the interest rate back then was 32% on a credit card.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

GreenPath was recommended as an agency that could help you resolve your debt. It was community-based, so I went with them. I did their credit counseling program. The enrollment was very easy. The program helped me to eliminate my debt. I’ve completed it. Sometimes, it was confusing as to who my counselor really was or the person that I needed to talk to directly. Other than that, GreenPath's reps were honest with me and they encouraged me to keep in the plan. So, it was helpful. They showed me where I was making progress.

As far as the payment plan, I had to draw up a budget and I had to give them all my outstanding debts. They showed me what I could bring down, how I could pay down all my debts, and still stay within my budget. They made it very affordable for me to pay off my debt. At first, it seemed like three years is going to be a long time. But then as I saw my debt going down, I was encouraged and I stayed with it. Surely enough, I reached a point where I'm totally paid off. I feel free in a sense because I would have never pay this debt off on my own. I would have really been struggling and not making very much progress. So working with GreenPath was a way to clear my debt, bring up my credit score, and I feel very good about that. I would definitely tell anyone that's struggling, especially with credit card debt, to seek help with GreenPath.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

The process at GreenPath was good & easy. I downloaded their app, so that helped. Whenever they schedule a payment plan, I would get reminded. The reps were nice and helpful too. They knew what they were talking about and they seemed to always have an answer for me. They cleared my debt and I plan on using them again for another bill that I have that I'm gonna clear. I’m very satisfied and I would recommend GreenPath to friends and family.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I was happy with GreenPath. They didn't bug you. They took the payment out. It was getting close to the end that I did need to cut the money down because I went back to my condo in Florida, and they cooperated with me and cut it down since I only had a year left and that really helped. But then, at the end here, I had to call and see how far I was and one of my plans got paid twice. So, they paid me back. It was a good plan. It was hard at first with that amount of money, but I felt very good as I knew it was getting paid down, and now that it's paid off, it gave me some peace of mind. It prevented me from charging and had me change my habits. Everybody was friendly too.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I was at a point where I couldn't even borrow against my mortgage to pay my debt. With Greenpath, I paid my debt off and it gave me so much relief during a pandemic to be able to say that I am no longer in credit card debt. That was the most amazing feeling. It was just reorganizing my debt so I was not having to just pay off portions. My credit is more important than almost anything. To my divorce, I had none. Now my credit is building up again.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

What led me to GreenPath was my daughter who was in NICU for eight months. We racked up a bunch of credit card debt and a bunch of other debt because after that, my wife went with renal failure. She had to have a kidney transplant and she had to quit her job. That just racked even more debt. It took us six years to get out of it. GreenPath was recommended by Bank of America. I was very delinquent on it, and their guy recommended GreenPath. The enrollment was very simple and easy. I called and I told GreenPath my situation. At first, I thought, "Is this going to be with Bank of America?" But I was able to put a bunch of other debt on there too. What I liked about it was they took care of it and called everywhere to see what kind of payment I could have. That was what I liked about it. I didn't have to do the dirty work. All I did was get the phone call and they told me how much they were going to withdraw out of my checking a month.

We completed the program a month ago. October was our last payment and it was to Bank of America. We had anywhere between five to seven different accounts, and we had been paying on it. At one point, we were paying $640 a month. Our credit score has gone up ever since we started with the program. It got really bad when we first started because everything was so delinquent. The advisor I had through GreenPath said, "This is what we're gonna do. We're gonna worry about the bills you absolutely need." That was all I paid for. It’s a good part of six months.

When I first called GreenPath, I was a little bit embarrassed. But the rep reassured me it's not an embarrassing situation. It was something that they could help me deal with and it was taken care of. After I got off the phone, I felt pretty confident about it. They were very upfront. Everything was done in October. Then the month of November, they told me I had 13 days if I had anything else to put on my account. But after the 13 days, they were gonna close it. It didn't get closed right away. So when November came around, they took out the 300 and some dollars we we're getting taken out every month. They just had to reimburse us that money. That was the only thing out of the whole experience that happened. They were very friendly. I already recommended them to somebody else and they called GreenPath for advice.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

A friend had told us about Greenpath, so we decided to call. They were great, told us how long it would take to pay off debt. We worked out a payment for each month. The payment were small, barely noticed it was being taken out of our bank. Thanks, Greenpath!!

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Very satisfied and pleased with the Greenpath program. They worked with me when I needed to back off a month or two due to unforeseen medical issues and my income was temporarily reduced. Explained things clearly and answered any questions I had. Would absolutely recommend the program to others.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

I am very pleased with my experience and ALL of my debt being handled by GreenPath. It was a huge relief lifted off my shoulders when I received the final letter stating my debt was paid in full! I work for a company that takes credit very seriously so, when interviewing new candidates with credit issues I always refer them to Greenpath using my personal experience to motivate them to reach out and just give Greenpath a chance. Thank you so very much!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Greenpath has changed my entire life and I am now headed in a positive healthy direction. I was in significant debt (all credit cards), had tried to get out many times by applying the usual strategies (transfer to 0% interest cards etc) but it was very difficult. Greenpath staff helped me with absolute empathic determination to truly help me end this horrible cycle. It took 5 years and though hard at first, I learned to live in with more consciousness about better financial choices and to live 100% WITHOUT credit cards (yes you CAN). I will never own one again. I am humbly grateful to Greenpath for their ongoing support and guidance. I hope they can help so many Americans in the same situation right now.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

The staff was happy to work with me and remains calm as I fret about how to tackle matters. They are in the long haul with me and I am grateful. They are one I would recommend and would gladly have them work with me on the student loans next. Greenpath made this as painless as possible, yet conquering the mountain.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Green Path was excellent from beginning to end of helping me with a budget to help pay off over 40,000 in credit card debt. I was able to do it in just four years. I would recommend this service to anyone carrying large debt.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I went through the Police and Fire Credit Union for Philadelphia. There was a discount and that's why I chose GreenPath. We had tweaked things out and the enrollment was a smooth process. It was a five-year program and it worked fine. I did the automatic payment every month. The way they negotiated, some of the charges even dropped more because it was getting paid off. I was getting money back. I didn't expect that. That's the big thing. GreenPath poured money back to me.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I was paying almost $1,000 in minimum payments to my credit card debtors each month and it started becoming impossible. I never thought I would see my way out by just paying the minimum payments. My sister-in-law told us about the program with Clarifi. When I talked with them, the payments were cut in half and it was a five-year period. So it definitely made me feel a lot better. Then Clarifi merged with GreenPath. But once they introduced themselves and sent out how to log in, the process was easy. Everything that I established with Clarifi was merged on over. They were very helpful, friendly and accommodating during the times that I had to reach out. I felt really comfortable going through the program. They did everything good. There was nothing else better that they could have done.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

When I started with the program, there was some confusion was relating to interest rates that might be gotten because I had balances on a number of credit cards. But also, for example, with three American Express cards, which two am I giving up. But once that was cleared up, which didn't take long, the experience was just fine. They still worked for some time with the staff in Philadelphia, who were always very responsive when I called. And once COVID hit and the calls are being taken out in the Upper Midwest, there was still good responsiveness in communication.

I dealt with two individuals in particular in the Philadelphia group and things were going so well that I really didn't have much occasion to check in for over a year. Then the COVID hit and after that, it seemed to be whoever got the call. But everyone was very knowledgeable and punctual. I don't know if that would've been true if I had missed payments but we had established a baseline that I could meet and there was never any problem with my payments. So it all went very smoothly. Some folks met their obligations to me, which enabled me to pay off the whole debt a month or so ago.

I have talked to groups that promise low interest rates and to two individuals who independently have negotiated to get some of the debt eliminated. But that was not my aim. We were at 12% when we negotiated the payments. I wasn't asking for any reduction in the principal. I was just wanting to schedule out the monthly payments at a rate that I was comfortable with and I had hoped that we would be able to negotiate a little lower interest rate.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I had a lot of credit card debt. I'm part of a union so my paychecks were direct deposited into that account. I went into my credit union and asked them if they had any program, because I didn't want to use the ones that are on commercials. I called GreenPath and I spoke to a woman. She was very friendly and not pushy. She asked me about my income, and told me how much it would take to pay all of my bills. I was very comfortable talking to her and felt that I made the right decision. A couple of times that I was able to save up a little extra money and pay off a bill ahead of time, they helped me manage that and then manage paying more, putting more money towards the other debts. And then, anytime I wanted to talk to them about something, it was very easy to get ahold of them. And they were just always helpful.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I needed to get rid of a lot of debt. I needed a plan. I'm a busy person, and I needed help. I called GreenPath and I talked to some guy who I remembered being awesome. We talked for like an hour and a half. He got it done. I was impressed with the execution. It was like, “Okay, what do you have? Let's knock out this budget, let's knock down these papers.” He made it doable for me at that time, and I just jumped in. There were times when I was like, “Okay, I'm paying this service a lot of money for something I could totally, really do by myself.” But it was 100% worth the value because I never had to think about it. Money just came out. Now, I'm done with all that debt.” It was a really great experience.

It wasn't on their end, but I felt bad that I couldn't utilize more of the updates and the budgeting help, and that kind of training that their offer that I probably could really benefit from in my life. I was just so busy. They sent the emails and created the curriculum. I just wish I could have taken advantage of it more. If I ever hear of anybody like this, I'll absolutely send them to GreenPath.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

GreenPath was recommended to me by my credit union. They're helping me eliminate some debt. Everybody was great. They helped me out tremendously. They explained everything perfectly, and it went exactly how they explained it. I recommend the company to anybody I know who's struggling with any kind of financial difficulties with excessive credit cards. I was able to complete the program ahead of time and it was awesome. It was a huge relief when I did it at the time. It helped me out a ton and got me back on my feet. I'm completely credit card debt free and ready to buy a new house.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

The one that was taking me to court recommended me to GreenPath. They helped me out and it worked out for me. They understood what I was going through and helped me set everything up and set up a plan. We came to an agreement how much I would pay, and that worked out well on my end. They just take out a certain amount every week, and I don't have to worry about it. They took care of it. And then, every time I would speak to them, they seemed to have a solution. Working with them has made things a bit easier. I'm not stressing about the bill collectors calling me, so I have a peace of mind.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

Although it was daunting to pay $1,500 per month, words can’t fully describe how happy my husband and I when we made our last payment (and earlier than anticipated)! Their customer service was always excellent. This was a great solution for us to crawl our way out of our debt. I highly recommend GreenPath.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Joining Greenpath helped me to feel some relief when I realized I could not keep up with my credit card payments. The tone of the whole service is very positive, which helped me endure in paying off debt, stay hopeful during the process, and remember that I could eventually be debt-free. At times when my income was very low, they worked with me to lower my monthly total payment that went towards all my cards. Whenever I had questions, they answered clearly, in-depth, and promptly. It was really nice to know that they knew what they were talking about, and had accurate information about my account. I’m now debt free. Thank you!