Customer Reviews

4.82/5
based on 85 ratings
Read more reviews

Original review: July 14, 2021

It’s normal to be nervous when making a big move to another state, and it makes all the difference to know that you’re in the hands of experts and caring professionals when you entrust all your belongings to be moved for you. From the moment we connected with Josh, at Bold Moving, we felt comfortable that they were going to take care of the details, and they really did. They reconfirmed the pickup date a week out, and then touched base the day before, to ensure everything was on track (just be sure, when coordinating your move, that if you have a very specific date on which you need to move, you indicate that to them - both for pickup and delivery… very important detail).

Our move was a little more complicated because we had two locations from where they had to pick up to deliver to our new location, but it was no problem for this team. In Miami, their awesome crew carefully wrapped everything so well - we didn’t have any issues. They were quick, efficient, well-organized and right on target - picked up from both locations with no problems at all.

And then, at our final destination, we were very impressed with the crew there, as well. Despite a challenging location with a steep driveway, they managed it really well. (Also important you mention any relevant details about steep driveway or multiple levels of the home, etc so the team is aware and can plan accordingly.) We were very grateful for the communication and support from Bill, Josh, and their team leaders, O’Neill and Darrel, and each of the team members were so polite, knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and caring. Highly recommend this team of professionals.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I highly recommend Bold Moving for all of your moving needs. They are very reliable and did exactly everything that they promised. They were on time and very careful with all of our household items - including my $1900 road bicycle. I liked knowing the price upfront and having no surprises. We would use Bold again if we ever move in the future.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I was very impressed with your company. Never before have I used a moving company but I'm so glad I did. Every person was very professional, my things were packed and protected and I didn't have to wait long for my furniture to arrive from Florida to Vermont.

5.00/5

Original review: May 21, 2021

I cannot say enough about Bold Movers and Storage! The company’s professionalism and genuine care and understanding towards their customers is not only unusual this day and age but comforting to us, the customer, going through this moving process. The moment I spoke to Josh, who supervised our moved, I felt sure I would not have anything to worry about. Our move from Miami to North Carolina was made unbelievably easy from packing to the care the movers took with our belongings was impressive. Not one piece was damaged! The movers were professional, pleasant, funny, and yes, truly felt like family. Josh even showed up to see how everything was going! Now that is service!!! Mr **, and your crew, you all are amazing! Our heartfelt thanks. If you are looking for a moving company, stop your search! Use Bold Moving And Storage. 5 - star rating is not enough! Thank you Bold & Storage. You are the BEST!

5.00/5

Original review: May 15, 2021

We were extremely satisfied with how Bold Moving and Storage handled our move from Richmond, VA to Lakewood Ranch, Florida. Everything was wrapped and carefully loaded on the truck. When the truck was unloaded, the workers placed boxes in appropriate rooms and put together the bed that we moved. They had a system for packing and unpacking the truck that best utilized the workers' time. I felt like the company had experienced staff. We will use this company again when the need arises.

5.00/5

Original review: May 12, 2021

The recent move that was undertaken by BMS from Ocala FL to NC could not have gone better. From McNeil and his crew in FL to Ibi and Mike in NC, everything was courteous and professional. The crews were on time, respectful, and attended to all our needs without question. It is not very often that a service company exceeds expectations but BMS did just that. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who is in need of moving services.

5.00/5

Original review: April 16, 2021

White glove service. Five star. Highly recommend using bold movers. On time to the minute on both ends. Very professional and courteous. Took great care of my move. Reassembled everything on other end. Staff was very good and easy to work with will use them in the future. For and Additional moving needs if I have other moves in my future. Will be recommending to family and friends going forward.

5.00/5

Original review: March 2, 2021

We have had eight moves and this one was the best. Our furniture was picked up and delivered on time and there was no damage. Both crews were fast, courteous, and professional. They cleaned up the rooms so there was no trash or packing materials for us to pickup.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Bold Moving is outstanding! They met every date they promised and they did everything that they committed to do for the exact price that was quoted. Additionally, everything was done with a smile and with tremendous care for our furniture and valuables. I would recommend them for all of these reasons and also because they provided packing, shipping, and assembly services for a very reasonable price. Lastly, I want to personally call out and thank the team that worked on our move. Thank you Ali, Abdul, Barry, Lenny, and Michael! You guys helped us to have the smoothest move ever with no drama, no damage, personal care, professionalism, timeliness, cleanliness, and supreme efficiency.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

The Richmond based team did a great job. They were on time, friendly, and thorough. Ian was professional and helped provide guidance to his associates to ensure the job was done right. They were helpful in making suggestions and left my place looking almost spotless. Really want to thank Ian for being a good leader and making the experience stress free.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Good evening sir. I just want to recap my experience with your company. The 5 man crew that came to Florida for the pick up did an absolute awesome job. I couldn't ask for anything more. The two man crew that came to South Carolina, which were two of the guys that were in Florida is truly top notch. I was very happy to see those two pull up. What an incredible job they did. These guys are such an asset to your company and for it to be successful. Thank you again for everything.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I had a great experience with this company. I have moved 20 times and they would be one of my top movers. They were courteous and went out of their way to help both in loading and unloading. They were timely and made the move easy.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

Earlier this year, Bold Moving and Storage assisted us with our interstate move. Right from the start, Bill was professional and patient with all of my questions. Ian and his coworkers packed our furniture carefully and were quite polite in their conversations with us. Challenges arose with shutdowns in different states, but they were able to store my items, then coordinate the best time to deliver them. We appreciated their service and professionalism.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

We contacted multiple companies and received multiple quotes. Bold Moving and Storage offered the best value and assured us that our move would be done without issue. Moving day came and they called prior to let us know that they were about an hour away. They showed up, went over all the details of the move (2 storage units and a townhouse) and the contents. They were very professional, careful and pleasant. They inventoried all our items, wrapped everything in blankets and plastic wrap and loaded carefully. We were moving from VA to FL, they arranged for delivery, again followed up with phone calls and text messages on their ETA and worked flawlessly to offload our items into the house and garage.

I cannot say enough about how professional their team was in both the pickup (Ian and crew) and delivery (Ace & Terry). We were very apprehensive about the whole move as neither my wife nor myself had ever hired movers before but this experience has been nothing short of phenomenal. Thank you Bold Moving and Storage for making moving a pleasure and not a pain! A great experience for sure!

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

In short, what a fantastic experience. Crew was extremely conscientious, courteous, careful, and a bunch of other words beginning with "c". Seriously; Jaleel and crew were just outstanding. We spent the better part of two days together, and enjoyed every minute. Hoping they'll be able to be our delivery crew for our trip to New Hampshire!

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Leonardo and crew were awesome. They really took great care and made sure our furniture was packed and secure. We had some antique furniture and everything arrived perfectly. Excellent job and cleanup. Placed everything carefully where we wanted it. Thank you.

5.00/5

Original review: July 9, 2020

Many moves and many different companies later, I researched movers for a last trouble free move and found Bold Moving and Storage (BMS). A 5 star rating backed by customer testimonies that told the real story about who and what BMS was really all about. The day of the move came, Ian, Troy, Leo and Demetrius arrived and that's when the real assets of BMS shined. I never saw a moving company take time to ensure everything is wrapped and protected before taking any item to the truck. Even moving items from inside my home out to the truck was done so very carefully as if they were moving the most delicate treasures. This was truly a testament to their work ethic and the company's dedication to their most valued resources, the customer.

I could not believe how hard, how diligent, and how quickly Ian, Troy, Leo and Demetrius carefully loaded the truck and set out for my new home. At my new home destination, the crew continued with their professionalism and hard work, despite the fact they had been working all day in extreme heat, to put all of the items in their new spaces as well as reassembling all the items that had been disassembled for the move. I cannot say enough great things about my moving experience with BMS and especially about the the work done by Ian, Troy, Leo and Demetrius. Thank you gentlemen for going above and beyond to make my last move the very best...God bless each one of you and your families...

V/r

Rick

5.00/5

Original review: June 19, 2020

A wonderfully smooth move with a great team of guys! I was worried, initially, as we have some very heavy furniture and just a ton of books and glassware that had to be moved from a basement into a basement. The move took longer than expected, but I wasn't charged anything more than I'd been estimated and the guys enthusiastically went above and beyond expectations to see to it that we were satisfied. The quote was very reasonable. I would highly recommend Bold Moving to anyone with a pending move!!

5.00/5

Original review: June 8, 2020

We had a great experience. We went with Bold because Bill was super responsive. We had a full pack which the team handled like pros. Our professionals who helped unload were great, very careful with our stuff but moved quick, and worked together great as a team. We’ve had a lot of movers and this was one of the easiest because of the Bold team.

4.00/5

Original review: June 7, 2020

I was overall satisfied with my delivery and pickup. The only issues I had was they will not take your empty boxes and the inventory list could be better put to use. Other than that Bold Moving made my move from Virginia to Texas a lot less stressful.

5.00/5

Original review: May 14, 2020

Cross country move. Bold did a fine job for our move. I was skeptical going into a big move having read plenty of bad reviews about most players in this space. I was very pleasantly surprised - the crew was professional, worked hard, and was courteous, adjusting schedules and what got packed when to suit our family’s needs. They delivered faster than other companies said could be done and were prompt and responsive. I’d recommended them easily.

5.00/5

Original review: May 6, 2020

I am the CEO of a small woman-owned business in Clifton, VA, **. ** has won several complex contracts with the state of Virginia to provide custom furnishings to various state-run facilities. Bold has been our consolidator and installer. They have done a fantastic job working with us on these projects! They are honorable, positive, and efficient. They communicate well and hire great people. I would recommend them without reservation.

5.00/5

Original review: May 4, 2020

By far the best movers we’ve ever used. Would recommend to anyone! Communication was great, crews were very professional and friendly, and they took care of all of our belongings. Every step of the process was seamless, from the first phone call to obtain a quote all the way to final delivery 2 states away.

5.00/5

Original review: April 17, 2020

Bold Moving & Storage provided top-notch service moving my parents from one state to another. This was our first time utilizing a moving company and BMS surpassed our expectations. Josh and Bill were in constant contact with us prior to the move ensuring they were at the ready as closing dates changed. They provided three extraordinary, experienced, and caring team members to guide us through the physical move. Rob, Mike and Ali were polite, respectful, thorough, and most importantly, patient. They were very conscientious of CDC protocols throughout the move and tolerated our family's concerns (I admit they were mostly mine). We couldn't have chosen a more perfect team for our needs. Thank you all at Bold Moving and Storage for the excellent service.

5.00/5

Original review: April 1, 2020

Great experience. Pick-up and drop-off dates were exactly what were scheduled. Josh and Bill communicated with me from start to finish. All four movers (I can’t remember their names) were excellent. I would definitely recommend Bold Moving and Storage to others.

5.00/5

Original review: March 31, 2020

All the way around, we are very happy with the experience. From working with Joshua to the team that showed up, everything was easy, professional and smooth. They packed everything well and securely and took care of our stuff like it was theirs. We are very happy campers.

5.00/5

Original review: March 11, 2020

My husband and I have had a great experience with Bold. From the first phone call consultation with Josh, to the crew who came to pack us up and then the final two men who delivered our belongings, we were given 5 star service. Josh was able to give us a true transparent cost based on an inventory of all our personal items and furniture. The pricing was truly impossible to beat as we obtained 3 other quotes for the exact same service. If that wasn’t too good to be true, all the men who came to help were very professional and worked long hard hours (we even had to tell the first crew to shut it down at 10pm!). All our belongings were taken care of and nothing was damaged or out of place. The men who came to deliver our items even helped my husband assemble the TVs before they left! We can’t say enough good things about this company. Our expectations were exceeded.

5.00/5

Original review: March 3, 2020

Outstanding! Non stop hard workers and top notch professionals. Would hire again and highly recommend to others. Movers were Ian, Rome, And Josh. They worked non - stop for 12+ hours. I’ve never seen guys work that hard. Thanks!!!

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I recently accepted a job in Texas and had to relocate from NJ. My company had given me a name of a mover they used, but I wanted to compare as I had no idea what this would cost. I googled consumer affairs and Bold Moving and Storage came up and immediately reached out. Spoke to Bill the owner, who was very pleasant explained the process in detail and gave me a quote much cheaper than the first company. He was very accurate! I agreed and booked them for the move. Moving day came and I must say, I have never seen such a professional, well mannered, pleasant crew. They arrived promptly at scheduled time.

Ian was the lead of the Operations and he did not play. He gave the orders and made sure everything was accurately done. This team worked so hard from the minute they walked in until they left. Everything was meticulously wrapped and placed in moving truck. I was so impressed! I would not use anyone else for any future moves. Thank you Bill and your team. You have made this relocating process so easy and stress free. You deserve more than 5 Star. Sincerely, Gracy V.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I had a full house that was loaded and unloaded by the professional people. The team was so great to work with and would recommend them to everyone moving. The most honest team to work with, they went above and beyond to help us.