2.81/5
based on 274 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I've been using Cross Country Home Services for a long time. I make claims over the phone and they get somebody out at my convenience. I've only had one bad experience, but right away, they took care of it. I called right back when I noticed that they wouldn't cover my problem, and they sent somebody else out and rechecked what the other guy didn't do, and made it good for me. The only thing I don't like is the cost, but otherwise, I'd recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Cross Country's tech was very professional. He was a nice guy and fixed my microwave very quickly. He got the part and everything was taken care of beforehand. Overall, Cross Country is a good company. They're better than my previous provider.

4.00/5

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Customer service at Cross Country was timely, appropriate and efficient. I usually, submit claims to them on the phone and I'm always given an expectation when I should expect my contractor out. The techs who come provide good service.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Every claim that I've called in to Cross Country has been handled pretty good, except one of them. My washer went out and the technician came out and discovered that the parts were obsolete, and that they wouldn't be able to find any because they checked. Cross Country made me wait between 24 to 48 hours because they wanted to do research on their distributors, and once they found out that the parts were obsolete just like the technician told them, then they offered me a replacement or a buyout, and I chose the replacement. But I had to go out and wash two different times, which was an inconvenience when you own a home and you have your own washer and dryer, and by taking the technician's word on that they would be able to get the parts and go ahead and process everything to get me my washer. But I got over that.

I called in whenever I submitted a claim and the automated system assisted me on what I needed. And from that point, Cross Country gave me a number of the person that would be coming out to look at it in order for me to contact them. The coverage that I have is still good. When I started out, my deductible was $80. And then they went up $20, so it's $100 now. But everything has been cool with Cross Country. They do what they do and come out and they take care of it all.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

I’ve had several claims with Cross Country. One claim was for my refrigerator, and they worked on it several times, and they finally got it fixed after about a year. But they kept getting new parts for it. And in the end, they got the right part after they replaced every part in the refrigerator. But when I had a claim for the trash compactor, they replaced it, which was good. Recently, I had trouble with my washing machine, and they replaced it as well. So, I’ve had pretty good service with them.

4.00/5

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

The reps at Cross Country are always very polite. When my experience with a contractor is not fine, I always call customer service and they give me someone else. They would take care of it right away. But Cross Country never replaces anything. They just repair it year after year. But they do fix things and it saves a lot of money in the long run. But the deductible is way too high. They’ve raised their deductible quite a while over the time, which I don’t like that. The monthly fee has increased a little bit as well, and I can go a whole year without calling them at all. Other than that, my experience with Cross Country has been fine so far.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I love Cross Country. My bank offered their warranty and I paid on it for about a year or so. Then I got notified that the bank was dropping them because there were some problems with Cross Country. I had the choice of whether to stay with them or to drop them. And in the meantime, my bank refunded all my money that I paid into it. But I elected to stay with them and I haven’t been unhappy since. With them, I don’t have any worries and I’m very comfortable.

I give them a phone call when I have a claim and their reps are very good. They take care of my problem immediately, as far as making the arrangements to get the service, and I’ve used them a number of times. And they always start out wanting to find a different company, but I always insist I want the same company to do the work for me. It’s been to the point where every time we have a problem, the person they send out is the one that I request. So, I’m real happy with the service because I’m hardly ever home. I’m a full time RVer, so I’m always travelling. So if I have a problem at home, then I get it fixed.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

After I was approached by Cross Country, I did some research and their offer looked good. You call the number, you have an identification number, and then they ask you what your issue is. They sent out a booklet that gives you what's covered, what's not covered and what your deductible is. Everything is clearly defined so there are minimal questions. If you do have a question, they can answer it very quickly. Then they have somebody that's contracted through them in the area call you back and give you a time of service. And it has always been timely and efficient. One contractor was a little questionable, but the rest of them have been very appropriate, knew what they were doing, and have been very helpful. I've recommended Cross Country Home Services.

4.00/5

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Cross Country was referred to me by my cousin. I had a company come out to service the air conditioning unit, and I kept having the same issue with the air conditioning unit so that same servicer kept coming out. When I contacted the warranty company and I said, "Hey, they never finished the issue," and they reached out to the servicer, the servicer was like, "Okay, it's fine. We'll send someone else out but you don't have to pay it again. We'll have another servicer come and resolve this issue." So, another servicer came out and I ended up having to get my air conditioning unit completely replaced. The warranty company covered the air conditioning unit, and I just had to cover the installation cost of it, and I have a new air conditioning unit. Cross Country resolved it.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I've been with Cross Country for so long and so far, they've been good to me and my wife. They do good on the phone. I call them in, they jump on it and they send somebody whenever they get a chance. The problem I have now is I have a refrigerator and the contractor has come out three times. The refrigerator keeps leaking water. They’ve repaired two times, and it keeps doing the same thing. The water leaks and it's gonna be a trip hazard. I don't want my wife and I to slip down them. It ain’t like we’re old people and it ain’t like we are young people either.

Yesterday was the third time they came out for the same issue, and it’s never gotten resolved yet. It’ll freeze up at the bottom and they unstop it. And about two months later, give or take, it’ll do the same thing again. The guy ordered two more little parts and I told him, “It’s the same parts that the guy ordered before and changed it out. I’m gonna give you another chance to get it.” He'll come back on the 15th of this month. If it won't t work then, then we're gonna have a problem. It’s the same thing over and over again. I've had that refrigerator maybe 18 years and I’m thinking it needs to be replaced.

We had to wait for certain things here and there but in spite of it all, I would recommend Cross Country to someone else. And I have, over the years, without a shadow of a doubt because everything go up and down. I try to keep them. Sometimes, I get aggravated and upset but it just goes out the window. I work on the road a lot and my wife is home by herself. She doesn't have anybody to help her and Cross Country helps a lot.

5.00/5

Original review: July 17, 2019

We've had Cross Country for about three years now, and so far, I've done two claims with them, both for our air conditioner. I filed my claims over the phone and it had been easy to set up. The vendors that they have used were cooperative and easy to access.

5.00/5

Original review: June 14, 2019

Everything has been good with Cross Country except for one incident that we had. Our furnace was out this past winter and we never did get anybody to fix it. I had to call somebody else to come and fix it. But it was an isolated incident and after that and before that, there was no problem. I'm satisfied with the service. The reps are very nice. The technicians have been very professional except for the furnace people.

5.00/5

Original review: June 10, 2019

I used a different home warranty provider before and I wasn’t satisfied with them. Every time I called them, I couldn’t get through to talk to them. I got their recording all the time, and they never called me back. Cross Country is a lot better. Anytime I call in to make a claim, I talk with them and they’re Johnny-on-the-spot. Also, the technicians are great.

5.00/5

Original review: June 9, 2019

There was a time when my dryer needed to be repaired and Cross Country Home took so long to repair it. There was some misunderstanding between them and the tech who came out to see what was wrong with it. The tech diagnosed that the dryer needed to be replaced but then Cross Country didn't wanna replace it. They found someone to come out to say that it could be repaired but then that took about a month. Still, the whole process of submitting a claim over the phone to them went great. Their coverage is a great deal and they cover everything. I recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: June 8, 2019

Cross Country Home Services is the best. My experience with my previous warranty was totally different. I'm very happy with Cross Country. I don't know how should I express my thanks and joy. When I submitted a claim, their reps were wonderful. I'm very satisfied.

5.00/5

Original review: June 7, 2019

I love my coverage with Cross Country. Submitting a claim was very easy and the people were really excellent. The representatives are the ones who add the actual claim so they listened and they're very attentive. They would tell me what is gonna happen, like I would need to call this person or this person would call me, and they would give me the step-by-step instructions. Right now, my plan pretty much covers about everything that I need and I think Cross Country needs more advertising to get more people on this type of plan.

5.00/5

Original review: May 15, 2019

I've used other warranty companies and Cross Country is way better. Their reps were excellent. Doing my claims online is faster than when I call, and it has been very easy. But there was a time we missed the first appointment because the tech didn't have the part. But the second one did a perfect job. He was very polite and very professional. So they contract some good company and some bad company. The good companies are actually worth waiting for. So I don't complain. Cross Country has outstanding service. I would tell others to go with them.

5.00/5

Original review: April 30, 2019

We’ve had this warranty continuously since ’97 and have no intention of looking for anyone else to replace Cross Country. Every time we’ve had to use it, they've responded quite well. When you pay for something and they do what they said they’re gonna do, you tend to stay with it instead of being lured away by someone you don’t know. The last time that we submitted a claim to Cross Country, it was the very next day that we were contacted by the person that they assigned to do the thing. Then they were out. They fixed it and it was over. There was only one time that someone come in and did something but then had to go away for a part and come back. Most of the time, they have everything they need with them. They’re also very courteous and professional. They know what they are doing. They come in and do the job.

5.00/5

Original review: April 22, 2019

When I started with my Cross Country home warranty program, it was called Residential MD and I haven’t had any problems in the past. When I put in a claim, they promptly respond to it and get the work done so I’ve been satisfied. The last time I called, I had a problem with the contractors and when I looked up online, they had very bad reviews. I didn’t want them screwing up in my house so I called and the contractor was switched. Everything worked out and the work has been excellent.

4.00/5

Original review: April 21, 2019

With us being elderly and the prices of things going up, it makes good sense that we put a warranty on our stuff at home. I carry insurance on my car and I think the home warranty is a good deal too. There were a couple of times, however, that we had a hard time getting in touch with Cross Country to put in claims. And then once we got them, they had a hard time finding somebody to do the work. For my air conditioning, they sent a guy out of Atlanta, which is two hours away from my house. There was a warranty part on the unit he installed that has a recall, but the home warranty told us that they wouldn’t handle it. They said the installer would handle it so we called him but he no longer works for the home warranty service. He wanted to charge us $80 just to come out here and charge us as well for shipping of the part. My wife went back and forth with Cross Country about the issue but, long story short, the recall never got handled on the new air conditioning.

Years ago, we also had a heater deal, and it took a couple of days for them to get somebody to come out to it. The heater part of the air condition broke down during the winter when it got cold. I was told that it was due to the installer who programmed it wrong so when it got really cold, it shut itself down. We then called and asked why we owed a $100 deductible if it was the installer's problem, and they got back with us. Another time, I had an issue with the dryer and the guy came out but he wasn’t able to fix it. He came out two or three times but the dryer kept doing the same noise. So I just bought a new one, and we notified Cross Country, and then they reimbursed me my deductible for buying a new dryer.

Then the last two times, Sears Warranty had been sent, and they've been right out. I was really expecting to pay more money in my part of the new air condition, but Cross Country treated me so right on that. My part on the replacement of the unit was very fair. All in all, my experience with them has been good and I've been happy with them. I’ve spoken highly of them, especially when they made arrangements to get me a brand new air conditioning unit.

5.00/5

Original review: April 20, 2019

Cross Country is the company I’ve always had every time I had a problem and I have been with them for 16 years now. I have security that our appliances are covered. Sometimes they do it slow, but they do it. Customer service is good and they have handled my claims really well. They have replaced a few of my appliances. The first one was when my dryer messed up on me and its parts aren't being made anymore. So, I bought another dryer and Cross Country sent me the money. They allowed me so much money and I saved $200. But they don’t do that anymore. The way they do it now is to send me a new appliance as a replacement, which is just as good for me. They've also replaced my AC unit and my washing machine.

I currently have a claim with my microwave and it has been a while. I called Cross Country for a guy to come out, and he came and looked at it. He said that he needed a couple of parts and he would check with the warranty company then he would be back to fix it. However, I never heard back from him so I went online and it said that they’re gonna replace it. They didn’t tell me and they could’ve sent me an email. Now, they haven’t put it in yet and they messed up. My wife has been in the hospital and I told them to call me. Anyway, they’re supposed to be out on Monday to install it. All in all, I’m satisfied with Cross Country Home Services. I would recommend and have recommended them to everybody that I talked to.

3.00/5

Original review: April 12, 2019

I've had home warranty for 10 years now. I bought it from Residential MD and they started out better than my previous warranty provider. But once the company changed over to Cross Country, things kinda changed. It used to be that when you'd have a problem, you'd call the number. Now, mostly everything that they wanna do, they want you to do online. And to make the initial claim, they really prefer you to do it online. Plus, if you'd call them on the phone, you'd have a problem getting through. After a while, somebody would pick up the phone but the people they'd send out wouldn't be as reputable of a company.

Also, their service’s cost was jacked up but not the service. They went from $50 and $60 then to $125 every time you call them. Then, the people come out but it takes forever to get some of the stuff to work. The last time, it was on my air conditioning but the guy who came out was a pretty nice guy. Cross Country also sent a guy to work on my oven and microwave but I wasn't totally satisfied with the end product. He got the appliances running but he didn't fix my microwave or my oven. It used to be that whenever the techs left here, I was completely satisfied with who was sent out. But now, sometimes, you get somebody who's rough and sometimes, you get somebody who gets things done. Other than that, sometimes you get somebody who does the work but not completely. All in all, I'm not really happy with Cross Country's service and I'm thinking about dropping them. The service hasn't been what I came to expect from what they were before.

5.00/5

Original review: April 10, 2019

I've had Cross Country since I bought the house back in '02 and whenever give them a call they take care of it. I usually leave a message and they call me back in a few minutes or an hour. They have been satisfactory in helping me with issues that we had over all the years. We've had a new water heater and new disposal put in the house. But with the heat pump, Cross Country paid about 75% to 80% of it because there were certain things that they didn't cover like new ducting.

Moreover, the contractors that they use have been fine. When our new heat pump was installed, within a couple of months, the fan motor started making a lot of noise. A guy came out and he had to order a new part but the new part came in wrong. He was able to at least make it work though it just made noise. He kinda jury-rigged it. He said that it is not right, but it is working. He also told me that it will work until we get the right part. He was smart enough and knew what he was doing enough to at least make it work even with the wrong part, which I was impressed with. So, we were not without heat. It was difficult because it wasn't his fault. It was because they sent the wrong part but it worked out fine.

I can't live in my home without a home warranty. I really should have it because a new heat pump would have been $6,000 and they had to add an expansion tank to the water heater because when the house was built, the code did not require an expansion tank. But when they installed the new water heater, code required an expansion tank and it was covered under the warranty too.

5.00/5

Original review: April 3, 2019

I’ve had Cross Country for 20 years and my experience has been very good. Their coverage is good too. To submit claims during the day, I call in. However, if it is after hours, I go online. The website navigation is very simple. And when I call in, the reps are usually good. And during my latest claim, the rep was excellent. The technicians they've sent out have been top-notch. They were knowledgeable and did the job in a precise time.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

One of my former mortgages said signing up with Cross Country was an option I could do and I had been satisfied so after I refinanced and had a different mortgage, I went back to Cross Country. The reps were very nice and helpful. In fact, they made it easy to set up what I needed. I’ve not had any problems with submitting claims either. I do it online and they send me a notice of who is going to be coming to my house. Then either I contact the company or sometimes they contact me first.

The contractors have been very good as well. When I had my air conditioning replaced and the contractor created a problem, they fixed it at no cost to me. The only thing that I was a little uncomfortable with was that I wasn’t given an opportunity to have any input on the air conditioning system. It's not as efficient as the one that I would have liked to have and I would have been willing to spend a little more to get it. But except that one thing, almost everything with Cross Country has been positive. For the most recent claim that I had for my disposal, the contractor was out here pretty quickly. It was just a couple of days.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I’ve been using Cross Country Home Services for about five years now and it has been very good. I’ve had a couple of major problems which they fixed promptly and efficiently. In an emergency though, for example, if my furnace were to go out and it was 0 degrees outside, I couldn’t deal with any contractor except the ones that they recommend. Usually, it takes about a day to get that sorted out from the time I make the claim to an actual service provider showing up. Whereas if I could just pick up the phone and call a furnace company, they would come the same day or within a couple of hours, even if it was that cold out. The delay concerns me because my house would be frozen up by the time a contractor got here. But other than that, when I do get service from Cross Country, it has been excellent and I’m satisfied. They’ve done what they said they would do.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We’ve had about four claims with Cross Country and each time was a good experience. This company has got things under control. I normally call to put in a claim and every time, it was very good dealing with the representative. They had great follow-up.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Our home warranty has always been under ResidentialMD since we’ve had the house and it is part of Cross Country now. Years ago, under Residential, I was having an issue with my toilet. The guy who came out just walked in the house but didn’t look at the toilets and then he said we needed a new toilet. In that case, they should have allowed a second opinion. Also, sometimes it can take a week to get contractors out depending on what the item is.

They have been involved in the air conditioning problem that I’ve had and they have authorized the parts to fix the AC. It was a rough go at first and I went 28 days without air conditioning, but once they got it together, it was fine. The unit is a little older, so it has broken a few times. But now, after the whole 28-day ordeal, it goes much smoother. Cross Country has been helpful. I like to talk to somebody and I usually end up calling when submitting a claim. The reps have been very good. I’m satisfied with the coverage plan that we currently have.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I’m happy with Cross Country Home Services and I'm very satisfied. Their monthly fee is great and their service is good and they send people out as soon as I call them. It’s pretty reliable. Also, the amount of coverage is good and I haven’t had any problems with any of the techs they've sent out.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Whenever I call claims in to Cross Country Home Services, their reps do a great job. It's a pretty good plan and I have no complaints about it.