3.23/5
based on 352 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've had Cross Country Home Services for a very long time since I bought my home and my experience with them has been great. Compared to my previous home warranty provider, they've been fabulous to me. I used 2-10 before them. One of the reasons why I chose Cross Country versus 2-10 was that they covered my appliances and that's huge for me. So, I dropped 2-10 and went with them. When I had issues, Cross Country resolved them. They're easy to deal with.

The coverage plan that I currently have works for me and I like it. I usually go online to submit my claims if I can do so and I've done that from time to time. But for the two different issues that I had going on, I didn't have all the options that I needed, so then I had to call. Appointments were scheduled for me. Most recently, I was having a plumbing issue and the plumber came out. He was here to fix the second issue. I contacted Customer Service and he came back out the next day, and they made sure I wasn't double-billed. I love that I got a text message to make sure that everything has been resolved.

5.00/5

Original review: April 10, 2019

I've had Cross Country since I bought the house back in '02 and whenever give them a call they take care of it. I usually leave a message and they call me back in a few minutes or an hour. They have been satisfactory in helping me with issues that we had over all the years. We've had a new water heater and new disposal put in the house. But with the heat pump, Cross Country paid about 75% to 80% of it because there were certain things that they didn't cover like new ducting.

Moreover, the contractors that they use have been fine. When our new heat pump was installed, within a couple of months, the fan motor started making a lot of noise. A guy came out and he had to order a new part but the new part came in wrong. He was able to at least make it work though it just made noise. He kinda jury-rigged it. He said that it is not right, but it is working. He also told me that it will work until we get the right part. He was smart enough and knew what he was doing enough to at least make it work even with the wrong part, which I was impressed with. So, we were not without heat. It was difficult because it wasn't his fault. It was because they sent the wrong part but it worked out fine.

I can't live in my home without a home warranty. I really should have it because a new heat pump would have been $6,000 and they had to add an expansion tank to the water heater because when the house was built, the code did not require an expansion tank. But when they installed the new water heater, code required an expansion tank and it was covered under the warranty too.

5.00/5

Original review: April 3, 2019

I’ve had Cross Country for 20 years and my experience has been very good. Their coverage is good too. To submit claims during the day, I call in. However, if it is after hours, I go online. The website navigation is very simple. And when I call in, the reps are usually good. And during my latest claim, the rep was excellent. The technicians they've sent out have been top-notch. They were knowledgeable and did the job in a precise time.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

One of my former mortgages said signing up with Cross Country was an option I could do and I had been satisfied so after I refinanced and had a different mortgage, I went back to Cross Country. The reps were very nice and helpful. In fact, they made it easy to set up what I needed. I’ve not had any problems with submitting claims either. I do it online and they send me a notice of who is going to be coming to my house. Then either I contact the company or sometimes they contact me first.

The contractors have been very good as well. When I had my air conditioning replaced and the contractor created a problem, they fixed it at no cost to me. The only thing that I was a little uncomfortable with was that I wasn’t given an opportunity to have any input on the air conditioning system. It's not as efficient as the one that I would have liked to have and I would have been willing to spend a little more to get it. But except that one thing, almost everything with Cross Country has been positive. For the most recent claim that I had for my disposal, the contractor was out here pretty quickly. It was just a couple of days.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I’ve been using Cross Country Home Services for about five years now and it has been very good. I’ve had a couple of major problems which they fixed promptly and efficiently. In an emergency though, for example, if my furnace were to go out and it was 0 degrees outside, I couldn’t deal with any contractor except the ones that they recommend. Usually, it takes about a day to get that sorted out from the time I make the claim to an actual service provider showing up. Whereas if I could just pick up the phone and call a furnace company, they would come the same day or within a couple of hours, even if it was that cold out. The delay concerns me because my house would be frozen up by the time a contractor got here. But other than that, when I do get service from Cross Country, it has been excellent and I’m satisfied. They’ve done what they said they would do.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We’ve had about four claims with Cross Country and each time was a good experience. This company has got things under control. I normally call to put in a claim and every time, it was very good dealing with the representative. They had great follow-up.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Our home warranty has always been under ResidentialMD since we’ve had the house and it is part of Cross Country now. Years ago, under Residential, I was having an issue with my toilet. The guy who came out just walked in the house but didn’t look at the toilets and then he said we needed a new toilet. In that case, they should have allowed a second opinion. Also, sometimes it can take a week to get contractors out depending on what the item is.

They have been involved in the air conditioning problem that I’ve had and they have authorized the parts to fix the AC. It was a rough go at first and I went 28 days without air conditioning, but once they got it together, it was fine. The unit is a little older, so it has broken a few times. But now, after the whole 28-day ordeal, it goes much smoother. Cross Country has been helpful. I like to talk to somebody and I usually end up calling when submitting a claim. The reps have been very good. I’m satisfied with the coverage plan that we currently have.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I’m happy with Cross Country Home Services and I'm very satisfied. Their monthly fee is great and their service is good and they send people out as soon as I call them. It’s pretty reliable. Also, the amount of coverage is good and I haven’t had any problems with any of the techs they've sent out.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Whenever I call claims in to Cross Country Home Services, their reps do a great job. It's a pretty good plan and I have no complaints about it.

3.00/5

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We looked for a home warranty after we bought our first home and the price of the actual contract of Cross Country was the cheapest, and it seemed like it had the most coverage. Also the customer service with the actual warranty company is not bad at all. If things are covered on our warranty, they’ll let us know that. We had one issue with a plumber contractor that they were dealing with that came out. He totally didn’t do the service at all. We had to pay our deductible and had to pay somebody outside of the warranty to come and get it fixed, when all they had to do was screw in a shower heater. They said it wasn’t covered on our warranty, which I found hard to believe.

I just told Cross Country to not add that contractor to our list again if we have any kind of plumbing issues. We also had an issue with another contractor for the air conditioner. And that is the only contractor they have. Cross Country have a limited amount of contractor. But that's my only problem with them. Cross Country is the best out there so far. We submit claims online now and most of the time, depending on the issue, they’re able to get somebody out.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

The customer service reps at Cross Country handles my situation very well. The last they sent me was the routine appointments and information numbers. It was pretty basic. I submit claims with them over the phone, which is very easy to do. The coverage plan that I have with them is okay as well. It’s just that I believe when I first started, there was appliance coverage, but then they removed that. Nevertheless, I figured that for the $31 that I’m paying for, the major components of the house is reasonable. Since having Cross Country, there is more peace of mind knowing that the air conditioning, plumbing and electrical are covered. And that’s a good feeling. Go with Cross Country.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I’ve had Cross Country ever since it opened and I like having it since I don’t have to go out and find somebody to make a repair or go out and search for something new. It takes care of my needs. I have coverage on everything, including my well pumps, so I’m okay. When submitting a claim, it used to be easier but now, it’s all automatic. Since I’m 80 years old, it’s always harder to do. If I can’t do it online, I have to do it on the phone and sometimes, it’s aggravating. Nevertheless, the reps have been very nice and helpful.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We have been using Cross Country for four years now and our experience with them was wonderful. The large cost of possible things going wrong with having a home, and knowing that the costs are covered has them kept out. The first time I called their customer service, everybody was fine. The second time I called, the girl was extremely helpful and nice. Our heater went during one of the coldest days of the year so we couldn't find someone to come in a reasonable amount of time. A couple of their contractors were two days out so that was difficult. The girl got on the phone with me and was on the phone with someone else trying to get different people to come sooner so that worked out very well. We got someone out the next day and within two days, our heater was fixed. Everything went well. We've been happy with the services that have been provided so far and the coverage that we have.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I sold a home warranty program at one time in the mortgage marketplace so I was very familiar with Cross Country. Also, I knew the people in Fort Lauderdale so I selected it. Calvin, the customer service rep, did an excellent job. He stayed in touch with me and with Sears and the follow-up was very efficient and good. The home warranty now covers an upstairs and downstairs heating and cooling unit. I can alternate the plan between years but it doesn't cover both so I will change that. Other than that, having Cross Country is good for my wife. I travel some and she can call their 800 number to have someone come and take care of it if something breaks.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I’ve been paying Residential MD since 2007 and I've had around four claims with them. I have other rental properties and they are a good company. One time, I had a main water break and it wasn’t covered. I was a little disappointed because I thought it was, but they came out twice for my electrical, once for my heating, and the fourth one is the garage door. Residential MD Gold did well with my heat. I also have an open and active claim for my garage door with them and they contracted Sears to come out for my garage door.

The issue is really impacting me quite a bit. My husband passed away a year and a half ago, so I have to have my garage door and because I have an issue, I have to back in because I can’t get my door open and get out on the other side. I used to park on the right side of my garage and now I’m having to use the left side and back in, so I’d be googly-eyed when the guy comes and fixes it because the issue made a big difference just getting in and out of my house. I might as well get out and just lift it mainly. I’m afraid to come home late at night by myself and sometimes, I don’t make it home before dark. The garage door opener gives me an added sense of security.

The cost of the service with Residential MD is not bad. I’m paying the cost for it every month and I pay 59.95, but it would be nice if I didn’t have to pay a deductible. The $100 keeps adding up after getting a claim two or three times. Nonetheless, I have to commend they got some good vendors. They just have to make sure they have good folks to get the work they promised.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Since being with Cross Country Home Services, I call them when I have a claim. Most of the time, I have someone come out within a day or two.

3.00/5

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I've interacted with Cross Country's reps a few times and most of them have been pretty decent. However, there are things that I don't completely agree with, like when they changed our unit. They told me that they don't replace stainless. I felt that if something needs to be changed, the replacement should be something that's of the same quality. Instead, they said they were going to put a cheaper one in. At that time, I nearly dropped them but then I was too lazy to get around to it.

Examining other warranty companies, people will find that they replace whatever they need to replace. They don't tell you that they're gonna first find cheaper things and put those in. At first I didn't know all that and I ended up paying the extra money. Thereafter, they just paid me some money and I figured I wasn't gonna put something that doesn't match the rest of the house. Also, Cross Country raised the deductible form. It changed suddenly and I don't think that's fair. I think they charge more too.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Cross Country is a good thing to have because all those unexpected breakdowns can cost you a lot of money. I have a pretty good coverage plan with them. I just received a letter showing everything that's covered, and it pretty much covers everything. The deductible keeps going up, though, which kinda stinks. But when you get a plumber or an electrician, that's gonna cost you more.

It was super easy making claims with Cross Country. When I had to do it online, their site was user-friendly. One or two steps were needed to file a claim. And when I called Cross Country - about once or twice - they were pretty quick and efficient. They dispatched their contractors out within the week and they had all been really nice. For those who don't have house insurance, really look into Cross Country. It's a good company and they haven't steered me wrong yet.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Cross Country Home Services was the first warranty company I tried out and they've always been great. I had my air conditioning system worked on twice, and the contractors were always out there just a couple of days after I called Cross Country. The people I deal with at Cross Country are nice and they are very fast when I submit a claim. I've got the major stuff covered in my plan, and I'm very satisfied with them.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I've been with Cross Country Home Services for a long time. Before they were all automated, I used to call and talk to people, but now, they're all automated, so it's a little hard to get a hold of a person. A couple of times, the automated thing has directed me to companies that don't do the service for them anymore, then I've had to go back and find somebody else. Sometimes, their automated system, which is a little hard to get past, is out of date. It referred me to a place for a water heater, but the company no longer had water heaters, so I had to go back into the system and find somebody else. It was a bit of a hassle. But I really like Cross Country and I have stuck with them for a lot of years.

My interactions with the technicians have been good, although it was a water heater that cost us a lot. The guy said, "Oh, we had to do all this special stuff," but we didn't notice anything special that he mentioned and it didn't seem more special than what had been in the past. I'm not entirely convinced that they were a great provider.

I wish it were a little easier to get a person at Cross Country. I have to wait a long time through a lot of prompts. The last time, we had lost our heat and it was cold. We called the person they told us to call and they came out right away, which was great, and they fixed it right away. However, I kept getting messages asking if I would like help scheduling the appointment. I kept trying to text back and say, "No, we got it. It's done, it's over," but I kept getting messages again. The automated system is a little tricky, but I like the service very much and have appreciated not panicking when something breaks down. I recommend Cross Country.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Cross Country Home Services came through in my mortgage. My interactions with their reps over the phone were good. They were prompt as far as trying to get my problem solved and I like that. Whenever I have an issue, I just call them up, they'd call the plumber or whoever, and then the plumber would call me and I'd set up the appointment with them. The contractors that they've sent out have all been good. I had one bad contractor and I let them know, and they immediately took them off. Cross Country is worth it. In fact, I told a couple of my friends about it.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

It has been almost 10 years now that I've had Cross Country and whenever I call them, everything is always done properly. Submitting claims is simple and it has gotten easier now. I just go online to do it via their website, which is self-explanatory. Then within a couple of days, a contractor would be dispatched. And so far, their contractors have all been good. Though I have a claim last year that is not yet resolved, I still find having the warranty very valuable and I know I just have to pay my deductible and my issues get resolved. It also saves me from having to shop around trying to find contractors to come out and do whatever needs to be done. The quarterly maintenance is pretty good as well.

3.00/5

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We got a brochure from Cross Country Home Services and we liked the security that they would provide for a fairly nominal fee. When our appliance breaks, it's a big out of pocket. And the choice is having it fixed or having it replaced. For some aging appliances, having somebody come to the house to repair it and having the warranty company cover the service call cost is a pretty good deal.

The interactions with Cross Country's reps have been good, but I wish they had more vendors so that we had a better response time. Every time we've called, there have been several days of delay with the one company that does the service work. The last time we used it, the heater in the house was broken and we went three days with no heat. We're in Florida, but it's still cold when it's 45 degrees outside. I submitted the claim online and then I had to call the vendor to get them to schedule an appointment. We're in one part of a county and the vendor that services us is quite far north in another part of the county. It's a good 45-minute drive on a good day and since they do other work in other places, we have to get in line behind their other customers. When they showed up though, they were confident and got the work done.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I've had Cross Country Home Services for quite a few years now and overall, they've been pretty good to me. They have handled the claims within just a few days of the calls and I haven't had any issues. Submitting my claims for service is very easy. I just make the phone call and they will do one of two things. They either give me the phone number to call the company or they put me on hold while they look for the number, then they give me all the information and the company calls me within 24 to 48 hours, which usually is just within 24 hours. Then, we would get it set up and done. We've also had very good interactions with the technicians and I've had some relationships with them now. Sometimes, I would call those guys or use their referrals to other people with the companies and it worked out well. Overall, I'm satisfied with the coverage that is offered in my plan so far. Cross Country is doing all right. Keep up the good work.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Cross Country is the only particular home warranty company for this home. Since I enrolled back in 2013, I filed five claims, one of which was a fairly significant claim. One of the reasons I chose Cross Country was their policy and philosophy, if an item couldn't be fixed they'd replace it, and that was really advantageous for me. Two years ago, our heating system failed and because of that particular policy, Cross Country replaced our furnace, which was probably close to a $5,000 expense so that was great.

The only difficulty I've had with the process is we live on an island, northwest of Seattle up in Washington state and a lot of the vendors that Cross Country uses have some difficulty getting out here so sometimes I have to secure a local company that's willing to accept the Cross Country warranty insurance. There were a couple times where I needed to go from the standard customer service representative to a manager to provide me with some assistance. But we've worked it out. Overall, the policy is pretty exemplary. Cross Country has treated me fairly and I continue to be a customer.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

The warranty has been a good service. If the air conditioner went and the motor in it had to be replaced, Cross Country did that. When our water heater went, they did that. And things have gotten taken care of fairly quickly. When I had a claim, first, I filled out the automated report. It's easier online then they're going to give you a call. I talked to them and they gave me a number. The technician called me that afternoon to come fix the problem. It was explained to me what was wrong and they took care of the problem. I've never had a problem with any of the contractors either. They're excellent.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My friend encouraged me to get insurance and when I looked at a couple, I found Cross Country. I’ve had no problem with their customer service and it was easy to submit a claim. However, when I set an appointment with the air conditioner company, they got here late. They didn’t know what they were here for and I showed him the paper. So, he said he would come back when I got off work. I told him I work 14 hours and I wouldn’t be here dealing with this when I get out of work. He postponed it and it took 10 days for it to be fixed. They sold me something but I don’t know if I needed them or not. Nevertheless, the coverage that I carry is great. I haven't had a strong need for a lot of it, but having it, I don't have to worry about things. I would recommend Cross Country. They exceed other companies. I want the business to do good and stay in business, so I can stay with them.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

The customer service representatives have been very helpful and it's been wonderful dealing with them. When my heater was not working, they responded right away. They made sure I got the people to come and fix my heater. They also followed up after the work and checked on me if everything was good and if I was happy with them. And I really am happy. It was on a weekend and still, somebody came and fixed it on the same day. Cross Country was really wonderful.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We've had the SystemsProtect service for several years and they send me a letter every year, saying that if I'm gonna keep the service, I wouldn't have to do anything. The customer service representatives have been very good. We've also only had one contractor that we really will not allow in the house anymore. A couple of years ago, we had to drop this guy because he shafted us. He put the furnace in a very lopsided manner. They were also telling us that they couldn't get the furnace. They were pacifying us. We were really upset with that guy so we would never have him again if he showed up on a thing.

In fact, I had a service call for the furnace about a month ago. But the fellow who came out that time was always on time. He was always here when he was supposed to be and although he was not a very talky guy, he was efficient. He had to come back because he had to replace a switch that he didn't have. But we had heat so it wasn't an emergency. We're in Illinois and the weather has been very cold so I understand that they have other people who have no heat. At this point though, I think there's still something wrong with the thermostat. In fact, I'm probably gonna call next week and get another call. But they handled it well, time-wise and I'm pleased with the service. I just wish SystemsProtect's deductible stayed at 60 instead of going to 100. Still, I have no complaints about the service itself. I have even recommended it.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I found out that Cross Country was a part of my mortgage package and I had not been using it. My husband passed in January of last year and I did not realize he had had the service. Last summer, my air conditioning went out. Not knowing I had the home warranty, I had to purchase air conditioning services and it was quite expensive.

I am very comfortable with Cross Country. It's an excellent service and I would recommend them. They are timely, very professional and have quality service. When my dryer went out, I went to their warranty guide and called Cross Country. They told me what the process was and then they referred me to one of their service units. An appointment was then made. The claims process was extremely easy. Somebody then came out and repaired my dryer.

The gentleman was on time and he was excellent. He shared with me what he was doing and what was wrong with my dryer. I asked him before he left if I needed to have my washer looked at, and if I was gonna have to have that done, could I request for him. He said that I would have to give Cross Country the order number, the date that the gentleman was here, and the job number. I intend to do that because my washer is looking like it's acting up. My garage door is acting up now, too, so I will be looking at that very soon.