3.40/5
based on 281 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

When we bought our house, Cross Country Home Services gave us their number. They said it's a good company. The reps handled our claim very well. I was having a problem because there was a hurricane and I couldn’t find anybody to come out to take care of my warranty and stuff. I called and they took down my information. They were very polite, helpful, and they called back when I needed them to call back. They called different places to try to get someone to come out. The contractors who came out were very nice. They tried to get in as soon as possible to assist me and to get my AC and everything fixed. They were really quick and took care of it. They did an excellent job and I was very impressed with them. Cross Country is an excellent service to have and I would recommend them with no problem.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Cross Country was recommended through one of the mortgage companies that I was with. I did some paperwork and agreed to sign up with them. Then, it was taken directly out of my checking account through the mortgage company. The coverage plan I got is what I need, and their customer service reps are knowledgeable and helpful. They take care of the situation right away and let us know who to contact in order to have whatever it is taken care of. Whenever we have to submit a claim, we call a phone number and tell them what the issue is. They are usually back within that day if we call soon enough. They let us know who to contact and to have them come and give us an estimate.

We have had contractors that did a good job but there were some that I was not too impressed with. When we had our furnace worked on, we got a good company. But one time, we had our microwave worked on and the guy did not know what was going on. He had to call the home company constantly and ask about stuff. He also broke a piece off the front of the microwave and said that it was already broken. Overall we've recommended Cross Country to our friends who have been looking for it. I also told a friend that he needs to have a home warranty system so that if something goes wrong, it's covered minus the deductible.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I've had so much trouble with my heating and air, and some techs come and say, "I don't know how to work on that. I'm not qualified." And so, I just tell them to leave. It took me a year to get a warranty company to allow me to get someone to service my unit and get a reimbursement. Sears is usually excellent, but right now I'm furious because the Sears man that was supposed to repair my washing machine left without coming in because it was raining. For four months, my laundry stacked up, so I called them and he's supposed to call me back. But that's not Cross Country's fault, it's the technician. Also, I am upset that the warranty is in my husband's name when I'm the one that calls to start the service. My husband doesn't even live in this house. Still, Cross Country has been excellent. The claims reps are courteous and very professional every time.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Whenever I submit my claims to Cross Country, I call them and I have a very nice experience with their rep. As soon as the rep gives me the person, account number and reference number, I call them and set up an appointment. In terms of dealing with their contractor, the interaction is very good. But in terms of how long it takes for them to come out, it depends on which one it is. If dealing with the AC, the contractor may take a little longer to come out. But I only deal with two people. I know who I want and who is reliable. Overall I have enjoyed my experience with Cross Country. I like them and they are all very polite. When two of my neighbors were looking for somebody, I told them where they need to go.

4.00/5

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I usually call to file my claims with Cross Country Home Services and doing that has been as simple and easy as anything else. In order to get the service, however, I have to pay $100 upfront and I don't like that they raised the copay every year. It went to $80, then $100 and now, it’s $125. Still, Cross Country’s reps are very professional and in about three days they are able to send a contractor out who is excellent.

4.00/5

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I’ve had Cross Country forever. There was one case when I filed a claim in which it took so long for somebody to call me back into dealing with it, but I managed to take care of it myself. The contractors have all been fine. I have a 12-year-old refrigerator. The guy came out, charged me 100 bucks and then he upsold me into a maintenance cleaning that I probably didn’t need, but I was paying him so little for the job he was doing and he made it work that I said okay to it.

If sort of operating on the period that they’re supposed to they charge me 80 bucks and sometimes they charge me a little bit more than 80 bucks. But if I’m looking at something that’s gonna cost me $600 to repair or $1,200 to replace, and the charge ends up being $112 instead of 80, I’m really not gonna complain about it, which I suppose everybody’s counting on. I’m not someone who buys the extended warranty when I go shopping for appliances and things, and I think that $50 a month, you’re gonna pay it one way or another. So I’m perfectly happy with my home warranty.

4.00/5

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I tried Cross Country Home Services and it worked. Submitting a claim has been reasonably okay. Sometimes, it takes a while but eventually, they do come through. The people have been good. If they could do the work, they would tell us that they could. If it is something they could not do, they would also tell us about it. They have been generally professional. If they are going to change the appointment, they let us know long in advance. They were also courteous and they knew what they were doing. Cross Country usually sends people that have good reputation. I will advise others to definitely go with Cross Country.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Their customer service reps of Cross Country are all courteous and nice. We had a claim done with my bathrooms and the shower. We called it in and we had a co-pay. After that they fixed everything. All of the contractors were good except one. They would do sloppy work and I didn’t like the guy’s attitude. I don’t want them to come back to my house again.

I have two systems. One was upstairs and one down and they only would do free maintenance for one. I thought if you got to pay for the warranty and then you got two systems, why can’t you service both of them because the co-workers coming in last year had problem with the one downstairs. It was five days where we couldn’t even get it fixed. So we’ve had no heat downstairs. But that was an issue with the contractors. Cross Country did a good job and I would recommend them to a friend.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Submitting a claim with Cross Country is very easy. The first time though, I thought I had a claim for my zoned air-conditioner but they said I didn’t. It had something to do with the thermostat but that should be included in the warranty. Other than that, I've had two other claims, one for my garbage disposal and the other for my air-conditioner, and both of those interactions were excellent. I've been pleased with being able to get in touch with somebody at Cross Country. Also, the work companies that they contract with and the service people have all been very good. Cross Country gives me some comfort to know it's there. I'm maintaining it and would buy it again if I didn't have it.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

My brother signed us up with Cross Country a couple of years ago and we've had two claims so far. We went over the phone the first time, and then this last time, we went through the website but didn't get good results. Our air conditioning went out and we used the service where it was automatic. We were given a time, but the contractor didn't show up. I called and the lady helped me. She went over and beyond what she should have or most people would have. She went through everybody near where I lived to find somebody to come out right away. A contractor came in a couple of days, which was a bit too long to get back with me. Having the coverage feels good though. It makes it much easier in case something happens. Our plan is very much worth the money and we're satisfied.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Cross Country's reps were all excellent and they got everything going. Submitting my claims has gone very well and we have a plan with great coverage. We're pretty satisfied and it's been easy to deal with the company. They've been fair and honest, and they did exactly what I paid them for. I would tell others to go ahead with them.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Cross Country sent me something in the mail about their warranty and I tried them out. Their customer service was very nice. I call them when I submit a claim and they are able to get someone out as soon as possible. It's been a pleasure and I enjoy their service. I'm working with them and they're working with me.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Cross Country is the only warranty I have and I'm not looking forward to choosing any other. I'm satisfied with what I have. Whenever I call the reps, they get directly to the problem that I have and help me get it solved. They service my outdoor air conditioning, though I'd also like the window air conditioning to be serviced if they can. Nevertheless, their service is good.

5.00/5

Original review: July 26, 2018

We had Homestead Home Warranty before but when my air conditioner went down and they had to replace it, they let me go because I was so much out-of-pocket. Thereafter, I have been with Cross Country. for several years. Working with their customer service reps has been great and I've never had a problem at all. I find that my coverage with them is pretty good. It's supposed to do appliances, plumbing, electrical and AC.

More recently, I had an electrician come out for my air conditioner. I paid another $100 and they did some kind of gas deal. Despite that, I was still having issues afterward. One of my vents is in a closet and even if I opened the closet door, it didn't help. So, we ended up taking all the clothes out of there and ventilating my place. When I got home, it was a lot cooler so I was hoping that was all the problem was, that there was no good ventilation. The company asked me if I have cleanups as I had to clean the AC twice a year. I tried that and so far it has been cooling off. Still I told Cross Country that I'd drop them if I didn't get the air conditioning situated. I put $200 up and I still don't have good AC.

Cross Country also did my dishwasher. Additionally, I need to get a plumber out because I have a water leak somewhere underneath my home and my bill is $218. Nevertheless, I like Cross Country and their contractors. I recommend them. I've told others that they should go to Cross Country because if plumbing or anything goes down, for a couple hundred dollars, they would come out and fix the problem.

5.00/5

Original review: July 25, 2018

I’ve have had a good relationship with Cross Country Home Services since we’ve been with them. I usually call them to file my claims and explain to them what’s going on. They, in turn, tell me what I can do and they look into the situation and see what they can do. The only problem I have with them is that they don’t seem to have anybody that’s in their network close in my area which is in between St. Louis and Kansas City. Lately, I had to find someone here in my town to see if they’d go do a claim. Also, it takes a little bit longer for these contractors to get out and I have had experiences with some of them who said that they don’t wanna get involved with the claim.

Then, there was also one incident that took a little while to get cleared up and taken care of. I stayed with Cross Country, they worked with me and I worked with them. And they managed to take care of what I had requested. But overall, it’s been a very good service from Cross Country. They’ve never failed to take care of anything that I have filed a claim for. As a matter of fact, I’ve got one open now. Cross Country has been very professional with me and I would recommend them.

4.00/5

Original review: July 24, 2018

I've had a warranty in my home for over ten years with Cross Country. I switched my contract with them over to their Residential Gold package, which is a warranty that gives preventative service. And recently, I had an AC claim that was denied. A contractor also came out last month and they fixed the AC unit. And then a month later, it's doing the same thing, but they were saying that it was something else. The claim was stating that there was wiring done wrong. And I told Cross Country that the only people that would have done the wiring would have been a company that they have sent out to my house. When a company came out recently, they told me it was not covered and they wanted me to pay $650 for the repair. And so I told them that I'd figure it out. They also told me I had replaced a whole bunch of stuff on the unit and that wasn't true.

I ended up going with another company and paying out of my pocket to get the AC unit fixed which cost me $150 compared to what Cross Country's repair service was gonna charge me. Also, the things that they said were wrong with the unit weren't even what were wrong, which I learned when I had the other company come out. So, when I called Cross Country's customer service rep, I asked her if she could pull back the files of the things they had repaired on my AC unit because I only have worked with a warranty company that Cross Country has referred to me. And she said that it was out of her control. She would have to have somebody call me back, but no one has called me back. And this has been two weeks. I was expecting a call back, and I don't like it when I call them. I'm a busy woman with work, and I don't want to be put on hold and transferred from here to there.

Other than that, for appliances they had been fixing, I haven't had any issues with what had to be fixed. All my other experiences have been pleasant and have lined up. I just want an explanation on who worked on the AC unit prior to this company coming out so I could go back and figure out who did what was wrong with it and no one ever called me back. And I felt like that call would have made a difference. It was disappointing. But still, I would tell others that I had good experience with Cross Country over the ten years.

5.00/5

Original review: July 23, 2018

I've been very satisfied with Cross Country Home Services. We’ve kept the warranty because I travel a decent amount with work and that way, if something breaks or happens, my wife doesn’t have to worry about getting someone. We can just call our home warranty and then they'll find a service provider. Also, there are savings that go along with that. I have Cross Country's gold plan so it would cover appliances. We had appliances covered under the manufacturer’s warranty when we initially bought them, but once that expired, we moved them over to Cross Country.

Interacting with their reps has been a positive experience as well. I’ve mostly submitted claims over the phone, but I have my "what’s covered and what’s not covered" so I only call in when I know something’s covered. Plus, they’ve been doing a good job of figuring out what needs to be done and moving things forward. The last few times I've submitted a claim was done online which has been really convenient and helpful because if you discover something in the middle of the night, it’s easy to go in, do it all automated and get it done. I don’t have to wait until the next day for offices to open. I’d recommend Cross Country Home Services.

5.00/5

Original review: July 22, 2018

Initially, I heard that Cross Country had excellent service and I wanted to try them. I’ve been with them for a few years now and for the most part, they've been good. I had a problem about four years ago and it took them a little while to get the claim resolved but we finally got that ironed out. And recently, the service has been good. A lot of times, I use the computer but when I call, their representatives seem good and the contractor comes out the same week. It’s pretty much on time. The deductible went up a little bit to $100 but it’s not too bad. I like the service a lot and I would definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: July 20, 2018

A friend of mine had Cross Country before she moved. I also signed up and so far, I never had a problem with their customer service. They’ve always been very nice and pleasant. The people I have dealt with were also courteous and very professional. When I called and talked to them, they sounded like they were concerned about my issue and they kinda took me step-by-step about what the process was. And if I wasn’t satisfied with something I could give them a call back and they'd all help me try and locate someone new. Some of them even gave future reference information.

Normally, the claim process has been all right. But I’ve had different people out for different situations and I noticed that I couldn’t go back in and request someone I’ve had already. I know now when I call in that I'd be getting a VRU. It’s an automated service and they fully take your information, then they give you your service number. They also tell you the person they’re committing you to and they often send the information directly to that person. So, I don’t have an option. I thought I had one where if I wanted to call John Doe back, I would be able to go to the service and say “I prefer to have John Doe.”

Other than that, I feel comfortable having the warranty and knowing that if something was to happen to one of my major appliances, I don't have to panic and try to find somebody. I know I have a service I can go through to help me through the process. It’s a service that I’ve had for quite a few years and I never had a problem when I needed to reach out and get help, whether it’d be for my furnace or my refrigerator or my washer and dryer. They reach out to people that call you right back or are ready for you when you call them. So, I’m very satisfied with Cross Country.

5.00/5

Original review: July 19, 2018

I’ve been with Cross Country for about 10 years and I always have good experience with their reps. They’re really good. That’s why I’ve stayed with them for so long. Submitting a claim with them has been easy. I just call, tell them what I need, and they always give me the name of a company that will get in touch with me. Then I will either call to set up for the contractor to come out or they will call me to set it up. I have two houses that I have Cross Country for and it’s been done like that ever since I’ve been with them.

Cross Country might cost a little more than some of the other home warranties, but some of them have also gone up now, so they’re really about the same price, especially with the $125. So far, I've filed a couple of claims, none of which were really big ones, and Cross Country has always fixed my things or replaced them. They’ve done what they said they were gonna do. But I’ve had a problem with two of their contractors. I’ve called those companies and told them that I didn’t want to use them anymore. Cross Country was also okay with that and they didn’t make me have to get the said contractors. I have a service contract where those contractors come out four times a year and Cross Country gave me someone else for that.

5.00/5

Original review: July 18, 2018

Dealing with the people at Cross Country Home Services has always been great, from the initial call where I basically raked them across the coals, asking them all the different varieties of questions 'cause I was kinda skeptical until going ahead and signing on for the service. Since then, they have been very responsive. The only downsides are the contractors have been slower than I would have liked. From the time I issued the claim, it can be anywhere from 24 to 48 hours before I might see a technician as opposed to calling somebody in town who would come immediately. Also, if the part has to be repaired, there is usually a fair amount of wait time before that happens. For appliances, it's up to 10 days and while for air conditioning, it's three days. Sometimes in the middle of August that can be a pain. Despite these issues, I've recommended Cross Country several times.

5.00/5

Original review: July 17, 2018

Cross Country's billing has been a problem for me. I got a bill for two months and I called them, and they said, “You’ll be getting one every month.” But the next month, I didn’t get one. Then, I would get a bill on the last of the month that was due on the 18th. And when they billed me, it would either be two payments or three at one time. Last week, I set up an automatic payment but I didn’t like that since if you wanted to change it or stop it, they would usually continue taking it out a couple of months and you'd have a hard time getting your money back. But I got tired of the hassle of what I was going through, so I did it. I joined Cross Country 15 years ago and I did well up until the last year. I even called a supervisor, but by the time he called me back, I had already set up the automatic payment method.

But I’ve had good experience with Cross Country and they have provided me with good service. I would call in my claim and they would either call somebody and schedule them while I’m on the line, or they would call them if they didn’t get them and they would give me the number to call and a number that I could give the company when they called to let them know that I was insured through Cross Country. Then, the company would come. My deductible was $95, then it went up to $100, and now it's 125. Cross Country also has been good about setting up an appointment. I've never had anything that happened on the weekend but they would always take your call on the weekend, Saturday or Sunday, 24 hours a day. I would usually get scheduled if I call on Saturday and Sunday on a Monday and I would get a schedule to get in touch with the company that I was needing.

5.00/5

Original review: July 13, 2018

Cross Country Home Services used to be Residential MD. Cross Country bought Residential MD and then changed Residential MD's name. More recently, I have submitted claims with Cross Country both online and by phone. The rep who I interacted with was very professional and efficient. When I had a serious leaking problem, the technician came out immediately that same day and I was impressed with that. However, the technician told me, “Oh because there is a drain coming from the AC that also needs to be unblocked. We are going to charge you an extra $100.” I freaked out when he said that.

My deductible is $100 and that was what I had in my mind, but the technician charged me more money because he saw that it was an urgent situation. Water was dripping from the ceiling and the technician realized that I would sacrifice and take the offer. That was the first time I used this company and he charged me $200. That got me really upset because I knew I’ve been paying Cross Country money, pretentiously and I never failed to pay them $45 plus the deductible.

Cross Country told me that everything associated with a particular problem will be covered. For example, if something is wrong with the toilet and the drain is not draining, they have to unclog the drain. That’s all part of the job. That was what I told the technician and he said no. He also said that I could go into their office to see the number of calls they make to deal with the warranty companies with the fact. They tell the warranty companies that they’re not gonna cover this. So my hands were tied and I just had to pay him. If he charged me $300, I still would have to pay because of the leaking problem I was having at that time. I put in a dispute with Cross Country and escalated it. I wanted my $100 back. I called the technician and told him that it was not fair when he decided to take advantage of me. That was just one bad experience. But other than that, I would keep Cross Country and I'm happy with the $45 a month that I'm paying them.

5.00/5

Original review: July 11, 2018

The last subcontractor Cross Country Home Services sent was excellent. They fixed my air conditioning on the hottest day of the year. I like it. But they charge a little bit too much for coming to the house. The price raised from $100 to $125. We're retired people on a fixed income so it's a little high for us. But I had a good experience with the claim.

5.00/5

Original review: July 10, 2018

My washer wasn't spinning and Cross Country sent Sears out who put a new motor in but it didn't work. The Cross Country reps said they would look into it, call Sears and take care of it. On that end, they did okay until the very end. Then I had problems with customer service because they wanted to charge me again. The second time someone came out, the tech said what was wrong with it and that I had to pay more because that was what Cross Country said. I called them and told them that was unreasonable. They said that it’s the way it is and we went back and forth. I just said I was gonna go and buy a new washer. Then, I called customer service again and spoke to the supervisor. They gave me $500 towards the new one. I went through this for a month but they worked it out great for me. And other than that, it has always been great with Cross Country. I was satisfied with them that I recommended them to my brother.

3.00/5

Original review: July 8, 2018

Most of the contractors that Cross Country sent were very good, friendly and nice but my interactions with their reps were not that great. Once, I had a toilet that cracked and they said that it must have been because I did something wrong so they wouldn't repair it. Then, there was a water pressure problem but I didn't realize it wasn't covered so I spent a lot of money plus, I paid the deductible. There was also a problem with my dishwasher which, at that point, was about 50 years old. Instead of replacing it, Cross Country spent several hundred dollars on parts. It seemed silly to me to try to get all these new parts for an old machine, but that's what they did. It's still working, so I guess it was okay.

In my most recent claim, the guy from the company they sent to give me a new garbage disposal broke a pipe. We thought we got everything cleaned up and it looked like it was all dried up from the top, but there was residual damage. Now, Cross Country is fighting with me about trying to fix it or not wanting to fix it. It was a terrible experience but my house is 18 years old and I keep thinking that the minute I cancel the warranty or change it, something is gonna happen and I'm gonna regret doing that. Having a warranty from Cross Country Home Services has given me reassurance that I'm not gonna have to pay a lot of money if something goes wrong but people should shop around and see if there's another warranty provider that might have a better reputation than Cross Country.

5.00/5

Original review: July 6, 2018

I've used Cross Country for years and so far, I’ve had a great experience. It represents security for us. I could not afford to replace my appliances. I also have it on my rental homes for the same reason. A couple of years ago, the air handle went. We had to wait a day or so but the man came out on a Sunday and fixed it. The garbage disposal went this past year and they replaced it as well as the sink faucet. To me, it's invaluable. And two weeks ago, the air conditioner went. And this time, the dishwasher, the washing machine and the refrigerator broke down within the same week. They replaced the dishwasher, the washing machine and the water heater.

The refrigerator is 20 years old and it came with the house. The man for the refrigerator said they replaced the gasket for the freezer and it still wasn’t sealing right. He told them how to readjust it and hopefully, that will work, but if not, I’m gonna have to call Cross Country again. When something needs to be replaced, they do and I don’t need to argue about it. One of the service providers in town were relatively new as far as appliance repair. They didn’t know what they were looking at and they tried to replace the drum in the washing machine. It’s supposedly new but it was cracked and they were still gonna put it in. I told them no and that it’s not gonna work. So, the Hamilton service providers do not have enough knowledge yet to be good providers but that the other ones that came were very good.

When I submitted the claims, the reps were very polite, professional and efficient. They wrote up the claim right away and gave me a person to contact in order to verify appointments. Sometimes, they would write an appointment and that appointment does not correspond with what the provider has to do but they always gave me the telephone number so we could work. If it wasn’t convenient for me or them, we could work in a more convenient time for both of us. So, after the call, I knew who was gonna help me.

I pay $60 a month because I have a big house. That covers two water heaters, a well pump, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, washer and dryer and the AC. And then, I pay a flat rate fee of $125 which is high but you can call in all three appliances and that is all you’re paying. When you think about it, it only cost me $125 to replace my dishwasher, refrigerator, water heater and washing machine. We were on a fixed income so I can plan on my monthly amount and I know what I can pay. For my rentals, they subtract the $125 from the rent which was fine because it doesn’t come out of my pocket. I can plan on more things which is very helpful.

If you have a home, things start to fall apart and they don't make appliances like they used to. You don't know when these things are gonna go out. The service that Cross Country provides is excellent and I recommend it to people. Plus, they have the plan where every quarter, someone will come out and just look at your stuff and help make sure everything is running as it should. I really need to take more advantage of that and that opportunity is available to people, so I tell them all about Cross Country.

5.00/5

Original review: June 20, 2018

I've had the home residential plan from Cross Country Home Services for a while now. I call them up when I submit a claim and they ask me what the problem is and help me out. They’ll give me people that will come out then I'd contact the people and Cross Country sends a service order over to them. Then if there's a problem, I call and let Cross Country know because I don’t let anything go that ain’t right.

Some of the service order people will take longer to come sometimes and some of them will say they'll call me back but they don't. I just call Cross Country back up and they'll give me somebody else. But all the contractors were nice and courteous. All of them fixed everything that I had. When my washer messed up, the contractor came here and told me I got a new washer and I love it. When there were a couple of ceiling fans messed up, they gave me some new ceiling fans. Overall, Cross Country is good and I have recommended them to a couple of people.

5.00/5

Original review: June 19, 2018

Cross Country gives me who I need to call and I then I call those people. Then they come and do the job quickly. It has been easy to submit claims so far. But I didn’t know the deductible had gone up. I was expecting to pay $85 but it became $113. Cross Country should notify us when their prices are going up. And then, I've got a separated garage with another refrigerator in it and it's not covered. I would like to see that covered. But other than that, Cross Country makes me feel better and they have good service.

5.00/5

Original review: June 17, 2018

Cross Country Home Services reached out to me by calling me up on the phone. I got a home warranty from them, and everybody has always been nice when I called and needed them. I have filed claims for my AC and refrigerator. And most of the technicians that Cross Country sent were good but some of them were not but it was okay. I would recommend Cross Country.