2.92/5
based on 285 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: June 7, 2019

I love my coverage with Cross Country. Submitting a claim was very easy and the people were really excellent. The representatives are the ones who add the actual claim so they listened and they're very attentive. They would tell me what is gonna happen, like I would need to call this person or this person would call me, and they would give me the step-by-step instructions. Right now, my plan pretty much covers about everything that I need and I think Cross Country needs more advertising to get more people on this type of plan.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I've been with Cross Country for so long and so far, they've been good to me and my wife. They do good on the phone. I call them in, they jump on it and they send somebody whenever they get a chance. The problem I have now is I have a refrigerator and the contractor has come out three times. The refrigerator keeps leaking water. They’ve repaired two times, and it keeps doing the same thing. The water leaks and it's gonna be a trip hazard. I don't want my wife and I to slip down them. It ain’t like we’re old people and it ain’t like we are young people either.

Yesterday was the third time they came out for the same issue, and it’s never gotten resolved yet. It’ll freeze up at the bottom and they unstop it. And about two months later, give or take, it’ll do the same thing again. The guy ordered two more little parts and I told him, “It’s the same parts that the guy ordered before and changed it out. I’m gonna give you another chance to get it.” He'll come back on the 15th of this month. If it won't t work then, then we're gonna have a problem. It’s the same thing over and over again. I've had that refrigerator maybe 18 years and I’m thinking it needs to be replaced.

We had to wait for certain things here and there but in spite of it all, I would recommend Cross Country to someone else. And I have, over the years, without a shadow of a doubt because everything go up and down. I try to keep them. Sometimes, I get aggravated and upset but it just goes out the window. I work on the road a lot and my wife is home by herself. She doesn't have anybody to help her and Cross Country helps a lot.

5.00/5

Original review: July 17, 2019

We've had Cross Country for about three years now, and so far, I've done two claims with them, both for our air conditioner. I filed my claims over the phone and it had been easy to set up. The vendors that they have used were cooperative and easy to access.

5.00/5

Original review: June 14, 2019

Everything has been good with Cross Country except for one incident that we had. Our furnace was out this past winter and we never did get anybody to fix it. I had to call somebody else to come and fix it. But it was an isolated incident and after that and before that, there was no problem. I'm satisfied with the service. The reps are very nice. The technicians have been very professional except for the furnace people.

5.00/5

Original review: June 10, 2019

I used a different home warranty provider before and I wasn’t satisfied with them. Every time I called them, I couldn’t get through to talk to them. I got their recording all the time, and they never called me back. Cross Country is a lot better. Anytime I call in to make a claim, I talk with them and they’re Johnny-on-the-spot. Also, the technicians are great.

5.00/5

Original review: June 9, 2019

There was a time when my dryer needed to be repaired and Cross Country Home took so long to repair it. There was some misunderstanding between them and the tech who came out to see what was wrong with it. The tech diagnosed that the dryer needed to be replaced but then Cross Country didn't wanna replace it. They found someone to come out to say that it could be repaired but then that took about a month. Still, the whole process of submitting a claim over the phone to them went great. Their coverage is a great deal and they cover everything. I recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: June 8, 2019

Cross Country Home Services is the best. My experience with my previous warranty was totally different. I'm very happy with Cross Country. I don't know how should I express my thanks and joy. When I submitted a claim, their reps were wonderful. I'm very satisfied.

5.00/5

Original review: May 15, 2019

I've used other warranty companies and Cross Country is way better. Their reps were excellent. Doing my claims online is faster than when I call, and it has been very easy. But there was a time we missed the first appointment because the tech didn't have the part. But the second one did a perfect job. He was very polite and very professional. So they contract some good company and some bad company. The good companies are actually worth waiting for. So I don't complain. Cross Country has outstanding service. I would tell others to go with them.

5.00/5

Original review: April 30, 2019

We’ve had this warranty continuously since ’97 and have no intention of looking for anyone else to replace Cross Country. Every time we’ve had to use it, they've responded quite well. When you pay for something and they do what they said they’re gonna do, you tend to stay with it instead of being lured away by someone you don’t know. The last time that we submitted a claim to Cross Country, it was the very next day that we were contacted by the person that they assigned to do the thing. Then they were out. They fixed it and it was over. There was only one time that someone come in and did something but then had to go away for a part and come back. Most of the time, they have everything they need with them. They’re also very courteous and professional. They know what they are doing. They come in and do the job.

5.00/5

Original review: April 22, 2019

When I started with my Cross Country home warranty program, it was called Residential MD and I haven’t had any problems in the past. When I put in a claim, they promptly respond to it and get the work done so I’ve been satisfied. The last time I called, I had a problem with the contractors and when I looked up online, they had very bad reviews. I didn’t want them screwing up in my house so I called and the contractor was switched. Everything worked out and the work has been excellent.

4.00/5

Original review: April 21, 2019

With us being elderly and the prices of things going up, it makes good sense that we put a warranty on our stuff at home. I carry insurance on my car and I think the home warranty is a good deal too. There were a couple of times, however, that we had a hard time getting in touch with Cross Country to put in claims. And then once we got them, they had a hard time finding somebody to do the work. For my air conditioning, they sent a guy out of Atlanta, which is two hours away from my house. There was a warranty part on the unit he installed that has a recall, but the home warranty told us that they wouldn’t handle it. They said the installer would handle it so we called him but he no longer works for the home warranty service. He wanted to charge us $80 just to come out here and charge us as well for shipping of the part. My wife went back and forth with Cross Country about the issue but, long story short, the recall never got handled on the new air conditioning.

Years ago, we also had a heater deal, and it took a couple of days for them to get somebody to come out to it. The heater part of the air condition broke down during the winter when it got cold. I was told that it was due to the installer who programmed it wrong so when it got really cold, it shut itself down. We then called and asked why we owed a $100 deductible if it was the installer's problem, and they got back with us. Another time, I had an issue with the dryer and the guy came out but he wasn’t able to fix it. He came out two or three times but the dryer kept doing the same noise. So I just bought a new one, and we notified Cross Country, and then they reimbursed me my deductible for buying a new dryer.

Then the last two times, Sears Warranty had been sent, and they've been right out. I was really expecting to pay more money in my part of the new air condition, but Cross Country treated me so right on that. My part on the replacement of the unit was very fair. All in all, my experience with them has been good and I've been happy with them. I’ve spoken highly of them, especially when they made arrangements to get me a brand new air conditioning unit.

5.00/5

Original review: April 20, 2019

Cross Country is the company I’ve always had every time I had a problem and I have been with them for 16 years now. I have security that our appliances are covered. Sometimes they do it slow, but they do it. Customer service is good and they have handled my claims really well. They have replaced a few of my appliances. The first one was when my dryer messed up on me and its parts aren't being made anymore. So, I bought another dryer and Cross Country sent me the money. They allowed me so much money and I saved $200. But they don’t do that anymore. The way they do it now is to send me a new appliance as a replacement, which is just as good for me. They've also replaced my AC unit and my washing machine.

I currently have a claim with my microwave and it has been a while. I called Cross Country for a guy to come out, and he came and looked at it. He said that he needed a couple of parts and he would check with the warranty company then he would be back to fix it. However, I never heard back from him so I went online and it said that they’re gonna replace it. They didn’t tell me and they could’ve sent me an email. Now, they haven’t put it in yet and they messed up. My wife has been in the hospital and I told them to call me. Anyway, they’re supposed to be out on Monday to install it. All in all, I’m satisfied with Cross Country Home Services. I would recommend and have recommended them to everybody that I talked to.

3.00/5

Original review: April 12, 2019

I've had home warranty for 10 years now. I bought it from Residential MD and they started out better than my previous warranty provider. But once the company changed over to Cross Country, things kinda changed. It used to be that when you'd have a problem, you'd call the number. Now, mostly everything that they wanna do, they want you to do online. And to make the initial claim, they really prefer you to do it online. Plus, if you'd call them on the phone, you'd have a problem getting through. After a while, somebody would pick up the phone but the people they'd send out wouldn't be as reputable of a company.

Also, their service’s cost was jacked up but not the service. They went from $50 and $60 then to $125 every time you call them. Then, the people come out but it takes forever to get some of the stuff to work. The last time, it was on my air conditioning but the guy who came out was a pretty nice guy. Cross Country also sent a guy to work on my oven and microwave but I wasn't totally satisfied with the end product. He got the appliances running but he didn't fix my microwave or my oven. It used to be that whenever the techs left here, I was completely satisfied with who was sent out. But now, sometimes, you get somebody who's rough and sometimes, you get somebody who gets things done. Other than that, sometimes you get somebody who does the work but not completely. All in all, I'm not really happy with Cross Country's service and I'm thinking about dropping them. The service hasn't been what I came to expect from what they were before.

5.00/5

Original review: April 10, 2019

I've had Cross Country since I bought the house back in '02 and whenever give them a call they take care of it. I usually leave a message and they call me back in a few minutes or an hour. They have been satisfactory in helping me with issues that we had over all the years. We've had a new water heater and new disposal put in the house. But with the heat pump, Cross Country paid about 75% to 80% of it because there were certain things that they didn't cover like new ducting.

Moreover, the contractors that they use have been fine. When our new heat pump was installed, within a couple of months, the fan motor started making a lot of noise. A guy came out and he had to order a new part but the new part came in wrong. He was able to at least make it work though it just made noise. He kinda jury-rigged it. He said that it is not right, but it is working. He also told me that it will work until we get the right part. He was smart enough and knew what he was doing enough to at least make it work even with the wrong part, which I was impressed with. So, we were not without heat. It was difficult because it wasn't his fault. It was because they sent the wrong part but it worked out fine.

I can't live in my home without a home warranty. I really should have it because a new heat pump would have been $6,000 and they had to add an expansion tank to the water heater because when the house was built, the code did not require an expansion tank. But when they installed the new water heater, code required an expansion tank and it was covered under the warranty too.

5.00/5

Original review: April 3, 2019

I’ve had Cross Country for 20 years and my experience has been very good. Their coverage is good too. To submit claims during the day, I call in. However, if it is after hours, I go online. The website navigation is very simple. And when I call in, the reps are usually good. And during my latest claim, the rep was excellent. The technicians they've sent out have been top-notch. They were knowledgeable and did the job in a precise time.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

One of my former mortgages said signing up with Cross Country was an option I could do and I had been satisfied so after I refinanced and had a different mortgage, I went back to Cross Country. The reps were very nice and helpful. In fact, they made it easy to set up what I needed. I’ve not had any problems with submitting claims either. I do it online and they send me a notice of who is going to be coming to my house. Then either I contact the company or sometimes they contact me first.

The contractors have been very good as well. When I had my air conditioning replaced and the contractor created a problem, they fixed it at no cost to me. The only thing that I was a little uncomfortable with was that I wasn’t given an opportunity to have any input on the air conditioning system. It's not as efficient as the one that I would have liked to have and I would have been willing to spend a little more to get it. But except that one thing, almost everything with Cross Country has been positive. For the most recent claim that I had for my disposal, the contractor was out here pretty quickly. It was just a couple of days.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I’ve been using Cross Country Home Services for about five years now and it has been very good. I’ve had a couple of major problems which they fixed promptly and efficiently. In an emergency though, for example, if my furnace were to go out and it was 0 degrees outside, I couldn’t deal with any contractor except the ones that they recommend. Usually, it takes about a day to get that sorted out from the time I make the claim to an actual service provider showing up. Whereas if I could just pick up the phone and call a furnace company, they would come the same day or within a couple of hours, even if it was that cold out. The delay concerns me because my house would be frozen up by the time a contractor got here. But other than that, when I do get service from Cross Country, it has been excellent and I’m satisfied. They’ve done what they said they would do.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We’ve had about four claims with Cross Country and each time was a good experience. This company has got things under control. I normally call to put in a claim and every time, it was very good dealing with the representative. They had great follow-up.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Our home warranty has always been under ResidentialMD since we’ve had the house and it is part of Cross Country now. Years ago, under Residential, I was having an issue with my toilet. The guy who came out just walked in the house but didn’t look at the toilets and then he said we needed a new toilet. In that case, they should have allowed a second opinion. Also, sometimes it can take a week to get contractors out depending on what the item is.

They have been involved in the air conditioning problem that I’ve had and they have authorized the parts to fix the AC. It was a rough go at first and I went 28 days without air conditioning, but once they got it together, it was fine. The unit is a little older, so it has broken a few times. But now, after the whole 28-day ordeal, it goes much smoother. Cross Country has been helpful. I like to talk to somebody and I usually end up calling when submitting a claim. The reps have been very good. I’m satisfied with the coverage plan that we currently have.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I’m happy with Cross Country Home Services and I'm very satisfied. Their monthly fee is great and their service is good and they send people out as soon as I call them. It’s pretty reliable. Also, the amount of coverage is good and I haven’t had any problems with any of the techs they've sent out.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Whenever I call claims in to Cross Country Home Services, their reps do a great job. It's a pretty good plan and I have no complaints about it.

3.00/5

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We looked for a home warranty after we bought our first home and the price of the actual contract of Cross Country was the cheapest, and it seemed like it had the most coverage. Also the customer service with the actual warranty company is not bad at all. If things are covered on our warranty, they’ll let us know that. We had one issue with a plumber contractor that they were dealing with that came out. He totally didn’t do the service at all. We had to pay our deductible and had to pay somebody outside of the warranty to come and get it fixed, when all they had to do was screw in a shower heater. They said it wasn’t covered on our warranty, which I found hard to believe.

I just told Cross Country to not add that contractor to our list again if we have any kind of plumbing issues. We also had an issue with another contractor for the air conditioner. And that is the only contractor they have. Cross Country have a limited amount of contractor. But that's my only problem with them. Cross Country is the best out there so far. We submit claims online now and most of the time, depending on the issue, they’re able to get somebody out.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

The customer service reps at Cross Country handles my situation very well. The last they sent me was the routine appointments and information numbers. It was pretty basic. I submit claims with them over the phone, which is very easy to do. The coverage plan that I have with them is okay as well. It’s just that I believe when I first started, there was appliance coverage, but then they removed that. Nevertheless, I figured that for the $31 that I’m paying for, the major components of the house is reasonable. Since having Cross Country, there is more peace of mind knowing that the air conditioning, plumbing and electrical are covered. And that’s a good feeling. Go with Cross Country.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've had Cross Country Home Services for a very long time since I bought my home and my experience with them has been great. Compared to my previous home warranty provider, they've been fabulous to me. I used 2-10 before them. One of the reasons why I chose Cross Country versus 2-10 was that they covered my appliances and that's huge for me. So, I dropped 2-10 and went with them. When I had issues, Cross Country resolved them. They're easy to deal with.

The coverage plan that I currently have works for me and I like it. I usually go online to submit my claims if I can do so and I've done that from time to time. But for the two different issues that I had going on, I didn't have all the options that I needed, so then I had to call. Appointments were scheduled for me. Most recently, I was having a plumbing issue and the plumber came out. He was here to fix the second issue. I contacted Customer Service and he came back out the next day, and they made sure I wasn't double-billed. I love that I got a text message to make sure that everything has been resolved.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I’ve had Cross Country ever since it opened and I like having it since I don’t have to go out and find somebody to make a repair or go out and search for something new. It takes care of my needs. I have coverage on everything, including my well pumps, so I’m okay. When submitting a claim, it used to be easier but now, it’s all automatic. Since I’m 80 years old, it’s always harder to do. If I can’t do it online, I have to do it on the phone and sometimes, it’s aggravating. Nevertheless, the reps have been very nice and helpful.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

We have been using Cross Country for four years now and our experience with them was wonderful. The large cost of possible things going wrong with having a home, and knowing that the costs are covered has them kept out. The first time I called their customer service, everybody was fine. The second time I called, the girl was extremely helpful and nice. Our heater went during one of the coldest days of the year so we couldn't find someone to come in a reasonable amount of time. A couple of their contractors were two days out so that was difficult. The girl got on the phone with me and was on the phone with someone else trying to get different people to come sooner so that worked out very well. We got someone out the next day and within two days, our heater was fixed. Everything went well. We've been happy with the services that have been provided so far and the coverage that we have.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I sold a home warranty program at one time in the mortgage marketplace so I was very familiar with Cross Country. Also, I knew the people in Fort Lauderdale so I selected it. Calvin, the customer service rep, did an excellent job. He stayed in touch with me and with Sears and the follow-up was very efficient and good. The home warranty now covers an upstairs and downstairs heating and cooling unit. I can alternate the plan between years but it doesn't cover both so I will change that. Other than that, having Cross Country is good for my wife. I travel some and she can call their 800 number to have someone come and take care of it if something breaks.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I’ve been paying Residential MD since 2007 and I've had around four claims with them. I have other rental properties and they are a good company. One time, I had a main water break and it wasn’t covered. I was a little disappointed because I thought it was, but they came out twice for my electrical, once for my heating, and the fourth one is the garage door. Residential MD Gold did well with my heat. I also have an open and active claim for my garage door with them and they contracted Sears to come out for my garage door.

The issue is really impacting me quite a bit. My husband passed away a year and a half ago, so I have to have my garage door and because I have an issue, I have to back in because I can’t get my door open and get out on the other side. I used to park on the right side of my garage and now I’m having to use the left side and back in, so I’d be googly-eyed when the guy comes and fixes it because the issue made a big difference just getting in and out of my house. I might as well get out and just lift it mainly. I’m afraid to come home late at night by myself and sometimes, I don’t make it home before dark. The garage door opener gives me an added sense of security.

The cost of the service with Residential MD is not bad. I’m paying the cost for it every month and I pay 59.95, but it would be nice if I didn’t have to pay a deductible. The $100 keeps adding up after getting a claim two or three times. Nonetheless, I have to commend they got some good vendors. They just have to make sure they have good folks to get the work they promised.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Since being with Cross Country Home Services, I call them when I have a claim. Most of the time, I have someone come out within a day or two.

3.00/5

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I've interacted with Cross Country's reps a few times and most of them have been pretty decent. However, there are things that I don't completely agree with, like when they changed our unit. They told me that they don't replace stainless. I felt that if something needs to be changed, the replacement should be something that's of the same quality. Instead, they said they were going to put a cheaper one in. At that time, I nearly dropped them but then I was too lazy to get around to it.

Examining other warranty companies, people will find that they replace whatever they need to replace. They don't tell you that they're gonna first find cheaper things and put those in. At first I didn't know all that and I ended up paying the extra money. Thereafter, they just paid me some money and I figured I wasn't gonna put something that doesn't match the rest of the house. Also, Cross Country raised the deductible form. It changed suddenly and I don't think that's fair. I think they charge more too.