4.35/5
based on 559 ratings
5.00/5

I bought pretty much everything such as furniture, electronics from DirectBuy. My purchasing experience was easy. I just go online and purchase from the website. The quality of their products is good. It has been eight years and I have no complaints so far.

5.00/5

I was doing a large condo renovation and I decided to become a DirectBuy member. The membership fee was very reasonably priced. We primarily did flooring and cabinets with them and our purchasing experience was very easy and pleasant. They delivered the products to my house, which worked out okay. And the quality of their items is very good. If one is doing large projects, DirectBuy is definitely worth considering. They have a wide variety of products to meet the consumer's needs at very reasonable pricing.

5.00/5

My husband, Dale, came home one day from work and told me he was interested in joining DirectBuy and he wanted us to check it out. I wasn’t too sure about the whole idea because we had to sit through the meeting. During the meeting, they showed us comparisons of what we pay in a store compared to what we can get there. So it took out the middle man which was absolutely appealing to us. Anytime we can save money, we appreciate it. And by the time the meeting was over, we were totally sold. It was a great experience from the rate down to the staff and warehouse. The people have been so helpful and so accommodating and we're happy with it. The guys in the west end of Edmonton helped me out over and above, right down to helping me put things in the car even if it’s something small.

When we buy a product, we usually check out what we want first and go to different furniture stores. We go to Ashley and whatever they have there, we could also get at DirectBuy for about a third of the price. But it's not quite as easy as it used to be, but not bad at all. We haven't made any purchases where we had to go to the store itself recently but we're planning on getting a new carpet down the stairs and hire somebody to put them on the stairs. I had MS so I fall quite easily and I fell down not too long ago so the carpeting will help.

We’ve been a member for 5 years and we have definitely used our membership. We bought a bedroom suite for ourselves and it’s amazing. It's the most ornate bedroom suite I've ever owned in my life. Also, our dining room set probably would have been about $25,000 in a normal store but we got it under 9. I’ve set up our dining room and it’s breathtakingly beautiful. It's heavy and it's solid. The dining room used to be our living room because there’s 20 of us now. We did our bathroom upstairs as well and all products were bought from DirectBuy. We purchased a lot. And the quality of the products we've been buying has by far surpassed our expectation.

I always sing praises to DirectBuy because it was one of the best moves we ever did. It has been amazing. To buy in was costly but the renewal of the membership isn’t costly and not bad at all. I'm glad that my husband is a physician so that we can afford things like that. I've never been disappointed with DirectBuy even with that one bedroom set that I bought for my two grandsons wherein it fell apart quite quickly. It was like pressed together wood. But, I'm sure it's just because we low-balled it a little bit too much. And my grandsons are very young and rough on the furniture so it showed but I’ve replaced the furniture with a DirectBuy furniture.

5.00/5

I was doing major renovations to my home and decided to go see what DirectBuy had to offer. I've been a member for 8 years now and have purchased flooring, windows, and appliances. Plus, they've redesigned our kitchen for us. With their website, I find purchasing better now. I am able to get more delivered to my home. It saves me about $50 worth of gas as I live in Cornwall, Ontario which is about an hour’s drive to go and pick stuff up. The quality of their products is excellent and they don’t sell junk. In addition, the service has been very good, especially when following up on a purchased item that was slow to arrive. I'd recommend joining if one is doing a major renovation.

5.00/5

I've been a member of DirectBuy for over 10 years now. We were building the house and I purchased a lot of furniture from them. I also bought cabinetry, flooring, tiles and dishware. The quality of their products is excellent and I've been really pleased with DirectBuy. The membership fee has been well worth my while. I've gotten more than my money back since I built a house.

5.00/5

We've been members of DirectBuy for almost 20 years. We've had a great experience and we're really happy about it. It is a good opportunity to get some better quality stuff for less money. We just built a house so the membership was very handy. We used it for furniture, appliances, sinks, faucets, bath, and bathtub. It was quite easy to find things when you knew what you were looking for. And we were fortunate enough that we live close enough to the actual club so we often went by in person and looked through the catalogs. The quality of the products are great and we’re really pleased. It's worth the cost of the membership, and you get the better products for the price that you pay. We’ve already recommended DirectBuy to some friends.

5.00/5

I enjoyed my experience with DirectBuy. I knew about them in 1986 when it was called the United Consumers Club then. It just transitioned to DirectBuy throughout the years. I like their pricing, and I bought a lot of the products from them. I've bought a sofa, as well as a three-piece bookcase. In the long-term, DirectBuy is a good investment. I ended up saving a lot of money throughout the years of purchasing products from them.

5.00/5

We've known about DirectBuy for quite some time and there was a one in Alberta. We went there and they gave us an appointment to go for an orientation. We bought a membership because we sold off our stuff when we moved from Manitoba. We were building a home in Calgary and we needed to furnish it. The amount that we were paying for the membership was going to save us lots of money in furnishing a new home and we've been a member since late 2005. We purchased Hunter Douglas blinds, vertical and sliding back panels, a bedroom suite, a kitchen table, coffee tables, end tables, office chairs, and TVs.

The quality is excellent and we've not had any problem with anything that we bought through them. Plus, the pricing's been great for us and they've been very helpful any time we've had any dealings with them. When we moved into the newer home that we built, we bought a Samsung washer and dryer. When we got it home, we noticed that it had a dent and they gave us a discount on it. Also, my husband is a comparison shopper and when we were looking for a leather furniture, we went to a few places. Ashley Furniture came to mind and the exact same couch we purchased from DirectBuy three weeks ago was $800 or $900 more through Ashley. DirectBuy has been great.

5.00/5

We have DirectBuy since 2003. We were building a house at the time and it seemed like a good idea to become a member because of the savings that we thought we would get. We've used our membership a lot for buying furniture, window coverings, windows, flooring and appliances to name a few, and we’ve had very good quality items so far. We had a problem with some window coverings but that was resolved. We've always bought named and well-known products and I do quite a bit of research when I buy stuff. We're very happy with everything and if a friend is in the market for savings and better quality products, I'd recommend DirectBuy to them.

5.00/5

Just finished speaking with Lauren on the live chat. She was quick to help me with a request which was wanting the purchasing information for a table. I've used the live chat feature a few times and am more impressed every time. It is so convenient and I love that I don't have to make a phone call and sit on hold to ask a simple question. The service has been excellent every time.

5.00/5

Having the ability to chat with a representative in real time is excellent customer service. DB customer service has always been eager to assist and research situations that are sometimes complicated, but always pull through!

5.00/5

A produce I ordered last week was just posted as a club exclusive. Brianne has instilled confidence that my DirectBuy membership was a smart decision. I was informed that you will be refunding the difference and I couldn't be happier with DirectBuy's integrity and customer care. I will continue to renew my membership and will recommend your services to all of my friends and family. Please keep this up! I have noticed tremendous improvements over the past years!!! Well done.

5.00/5

In this day and age companies just hear the bad. I wanted to take the time to commend Quiana on her fantastic customer service. I had quite a few requests, it wasn't your typical easy call by any means. This woman thought of everything and told me exactly what she was doing and why. She left no stone unturned. I didn't get put in a vicious circle, which sometimes happens. She is professional, courteous, patient, a wonderful multi-tasker, and her work ethics are second to none. Bravo zulu!! (An old navy term).

5.00/5

We were renovating our house, the value seemed to be there to do the kitchen and I’ve been a DirectBuy member for a long time. I was on the old model before and the new model is extraordinary and fantastic. They offer terrific, top service. Plus, the cost and quality of the products as well as my experience are excellent.

5.00/5

I have been a DirectBuy member for over 10 years. We make purchases there when renovating a home and when appliances break down. And we recently bought a bedroom furniture. I've had no problems in navigating the site and finding products and the minor problems I had when making a purchase were corrected regularly. I did the online chat too and I’ve called in for service and everything seems to be okay with me. Their staff has been very friendly to me and the quality of the products are very good. I'm happy with everything and I recommend DirectBuy all the time.

5.00/5

I sent an email asking for a replacement nightstand to a bed that I purchased 3 or 4 years ago. My description was horrible and I didn't have the original order number or even a month and year of purchase. Marcia was so amazing! Not only did she find a needle in a haystack but she found it and sent me an order for it in less than 24 hours. The BEST customer service EVER!