Customer Reviews

4.23/5
based on 73 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

I have a 2008 Honda CR-V that was covered by Omega Auto Care. I had its compressor repaired for the air-conditioner and filing the claim for it wasn’t difficult. I called them over the phone and they talked to the people fixing my car. Omega paid the money. However, my policy got canceled and the bank said it was for non-payment. They said I didn’t pay last month but payment comes directly out of my checking. Other than that problem, my experience with Omega was fine.

5.00/5

My experience with Omega Auto Care insurance was very good. They covered my 2013 Dodge Ram and I filed a claim for its belt and water pump that locked up. Another claim was when I had a rental car. I don't know if Omega didn’t receive the paperwork but I didn’t get any money back. Other than that, I'm happy with Omega. Their process was good and their reps were helpful. I asked if I could take my vehicle to Pep Boys and they said that it's okay as long as they have their insurance. Also, when they had to tow my vehicle, they're helpful and were here right away. I would really recommend Omega especially for a diesel vehicle since everything comes out really expensive. In fact, I didn’t really pay much at all with these two times that I've dealt with them.

Hello Richard,

Breaking down when youre out of state can be a real nightmare, but thankfully our policies can be used nationwide and we were able to help you get back on the road with no issues.

On behalf of Omega Auto Care management and staff, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We look forward to helping you in the future if you experience any other issues.

Sincerely,<br />Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

When I was out of state, I had a major breakdown with my 2006 F350 Dually. My truck is covered with Omega Auto Care so I filed a claim with them and they sent their people to look it over and approved the repair. My truck got repaired and it was almost $7000 worth of work on it. Omega paid half of it while I got stuck with the other half. They’ve covered almost all except for the motor work. But for having an older vehicle and problems that older cars usually have, I can't complain. And everybody from Omega has been courteous and very helpful. They’re reliable.

Hello Wayne,

We take great pride in our customer service and making sure every customer is satisfied. With that said, reading feedback and reviews like yours brings us great joy.

Thank you for taking the time during your busy day to share your positive experience with us. As we always say, we hope you never need it, but if you do, rest assured we will be there for you!

Sincerely,<br />Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Omega repaired the electric windows on both sides of my GMC. I took the vehicle to the GM dealer there and handed a card that I have with the EAC Group. The dealer called the Omega and got an approval on it to fix the windows. The GM dealer took care of everything. When I get something fixed, Omega fixes it with no problem. So far, Omega hasn't refused to fix anything yet and when I need them, they're there.

4.00/5

We have our Ford covered by Omega. Previously, we needed a tow for which we had Omega's 800 number. They work fast. Our recent claim was for a transmission assembly. The claiming process was easy. I was able to go to whatever mechanic I wanted and I chose mine. My mechanic got in touch with Omega directly. Essentially there was a deductible that I had to use, which was minor. The car runs fine now. It worked as I had anticipated it. I was contacted by the people from Omega due to falling behind once on a payment. We obviously had to use Omega a couple of times, and that always helps. I’d hate to not pay for it and we're paying over $100 a month. We do a lot of driving, so we wanted to make sure that if the car did have a major and we’d be protected. I was satisfied with Omega and they worked smoothly. This aftermarket warranty that we purchased worked good and it was an easy experience with Omega.

5.00/5

My 2006 Envoy Denali had a bad water pump, a bad rear seal and a bad steering thing on it. My GMC dealer filed the claim over the phone to Omega Auto Care. GMC took my car so I had to bring up all my receipts from my repairs. I have everything since the car was new and they repaired it. The claim process is very good the way they're going so far and I’m more than satisfied with Omega's process. However, when I took my car in told them something was wrong and something else that's serious was found, Omega won't pay for it because I didn't bring the car in for that thing. That's ridiculous and I have to file another claim. That aside, it's been a very good experience and it's been working fine.

3.00/5

Hello Adayo,

As always, we appreciate all feedback regarding our products. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad we were able to save you $1008.03 for your control arm failures in January, 2017, along with your recent engine mount failures. Hopefully you don't experience future issues with your Enclave, but rest assured we will be there for you if you do!

Sincerely,<br />Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I filed a claim for an engine mount and Omega Auto Care covered it. I took my Buick Enclave in, gave the technicians the warranty information, and they handled it from there. Everything is fine with Omega. However, my satisfaction with the claims process is 50/50 right now, concerning my contract. If I were to tell a friend about my experience with Omega, I'd say, "Check the details of the contract."

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and for giving us 5 stars. We're always happy to hear positive feedback!

With that said, we would like to make sure you receive reimbursement for your rental car expenses. Please contact our customer service department at your convenience to discuss your reimbursement, we definitely want to see you take advantage of that benefit.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback with us! Safe travels!

Sincerely,<br />Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I've done two separate claims for my Jeep Liberty. One was when I had a bad brake sensor and the little 12-volt lighter didn’t work. The other time, I had a leaking radiator and they fixed that. The claims were handled through the dealership and it was a relatively easy process. I never got anything back for the rented car that I claimed though. It was a hundred bucks. There was a bit more paperwork - I had to fax and they said they never got it.

Another thing also is we get phone calls everyday for car insurance and some of them are either scammy or they sound scammy, so initially when Omega called, I was very hesitant because I don’t know who they were. But they were pretty cool about it. Every time I had a question, Omega answered them. They send me all the paperwork. It’s nice if there's a better way to sell this type of insurance other than just over the phone. They also don't have an actual website for their services just like some other company. This makes it a very very weird process. Other than that, it's been fantastic. I definitely benefited from them so, I definitely promote them.

5.00/5

I have my 2008 Dodge Ram covered by Omega Auto Care. They process my claims when I say it to them. I’d call them and then they’d send an adjuster to look at the vehicle. I'm alright with their process but the payment is way too high. Nevertheless, I’m satisfied with them.

Hello Michael,

We're very glad to hear we met your expectations for your recent claim. Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review and for giving us 5 stars.

Good luck with your vehicle! Hopefully you won't need your heated seats for a few more months. ;)

Sincerely,<br />Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

The seat heater on my 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe wasn’t working so I took it to the dealership for some maintenance. They let me know the repair cost and I asked them if they could follow up with Omega to see if the problem was a covered item. They waited for the full approval from Omega, then they did the intricate repair on my car. It was a while, five days at least, before I got my car back, but the claims process worked as expected. Shopping for my own car warranty has been a much smoother process than I anticipated.

4.00/5

I had some suspension work done on my Chrysler 300. I brought the car in for service and they did some repair on it, but when I took the car to drive it for a little bit, I thought the repair wasn’t enough. It was doing the same thing so I brought it back for a second time. There was good service even though the car had to wait there for a few days and that’s the only car I have. When I got that insurance, they told me I have rental and towing. Even if I was out of town, they would even get me a hotel. They were able to give me a car the second time. The first time, they gave one only for a few days.

It’s a good service. Unlike some other insurance where it has to get a few days to get the claim ready to get the checks from the mail, it wasn’t like that with Omega. As soon as the car was ready, they were able to get the money and give me my car back as soon as possible. I drive a 2013 car every day and it’s still making a little sound. It’s not big but I’m gonna have to take it back and have it checked again to see what’s going on with it. Aside from that, everything is good.

Hello Vicki,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with Consumer Affairs and sharing your positive review regarding your recent claims experience with Omega Auto Care.

Omega Auto Care takes great pride in providing great customer service and making the claims experience as painless as possible for all of our customers and the service departments that we work with.

We appreciate your business! Safe travels!

Sincerely,<br />Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Happy I did get an account with Omega Auto Care. My car recently needed work done on it and I got a response immediately and it was towed to a shop close by. Got my car back in just one day. Everything is fine with it now.

5.00/5

I've got a Ford truck that I use to haul cattle and horses. Omega Auto Care has gone out of their way to be helpful. They were very courteous and I have a lot of respect for them. I would recommend them highly to anyone and I would use them again without question. In my book, they are very satisfactory folks.

5.00/5

My 2013 Ford Fusion is covered by Omega Auto Care and their claims process was pretty easy. I had a claim last year or earlier this year and I gave my car to a dealer who called the claim in. I got a bill for the deductible and I gave my card. I’ve gotten exactly what I needed to be done in quick time and the whole thing went smooth. So far it’s been a very good experience with Omega and their price is good and competitive. I'm very satisfied and feel very taken care of.

4.00/5

My 2009 Audi A4 is covered with Omega Auto Care and I had a claim for a rear window motor problem since the rear window would not roll up and down. I would recommend Omega. Their claims process was very smooth and easy for me. All I had to do was take the vehicle to the dealership then they repaired it under the warranty that I had.

5.00/5

My 2005 GMC Yukon is covered by Omega Auto Care. They seem to be on the up and up and a legitimate kind of warranty company. I've only put in one claim since I've been with them, and it was for a starter. I filed it over the phone and the process was easy. They paid me repair stuff in a timely fashion and didn't give me any hassles. Everything was good and I'm satisfied.

5.00/5

We have Omega Auto Care for our Dodge Challenger. The repair and claim process was easy and I’m very pleased. The representative who assisted us to file the claim took the car to get it fixed. We didn't really talk to him much, but it went fine. Omega Auto Care is all right and I would recommend them.

5.00/5

I took my vehicle in to Ivory Chevrolet because I had a leak that looked like oil. When Ivory diagnosed my vehicle they discovered that it was the water pump. I explained to Mr. Eddie, the serviceman that I had a new car factory warranty. He looked up my record and found that I had a new car factory warranty and proceeded to get my information for repairs. I spoke with Caitlin ** from Omega Auto Care and asked if I am eligible for a rental car. She said, Yes and Mr. Eddie proceeded to make arrangement to get a rental car and get my vehicle repaired in a timely manner.

I was so pleased with Omega Auto Care when I returned the rental car and picked up my vehicle and the next day Omega Auto Care had already paid for my repairs. Omega Auto Care texted the same day the payment was made to Ivory Chevrolet and then called me to find out if I was pleased with their service. Yes I was and am, so I would recommend anyone who needs a warranty on their vehicle.

1.00/5

Dear Mr. Ighani,

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us.

After reviewing your file I see that a claim was filed on 1/24/17 for an Ignition coil and that claim was paid for $201.68. The spark plug was never reported to us because its listed as a "non covered component" in your contract. (Please keep in mind spark plugs are also not covered by your manufacturer warranty when the vehicle is over 12 months old, or over 12,000 miles.)

Another claim was filed on 4/17/17 for your piston O ring as well as a leaking gasket and that claim was approved and paid in the amount of $693.92.

Sorry for the inconvenience regarding your spark plug. One of our representatives made an attempt to contact you regarding your concern. Please feel free to give us a call to discuss and resolve your complaint.

In the end, we thank you for being a valued customer of Omega Auto Care and look forward to helping you again in the future.

Sincerely,<br />Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: July 16, 2017

My F150 pickup truck engine wasn’t running. It wasn't coming on and Omega Auto Care said they don't cover the spark plug. I was so surprised how come they can say they don't cover it and I had to pay from my pocket. I filed the claim over the phone and the mechanics dealt with them. It was a difficult process. I told them to go fix it because I didn't have time to argue. Omega doesn't cover most everything and I don't know what's going to happen later on if they're going to cover more stuff or they're going to bring more excuse.

5.00/5

I have a BMW X5 that’s covered with Omega Auto Care. When the car was running rough, I took it in to a BMW dealership and they diagnosed the problem as engine core. They called the Omega Care claims department and the claim was approved. The claims rep was very good, patient, and knowledgeable. Omega's claims process is a great one as long as one has the correct number.

However, there are some times when I take my car in and they notice something else that can possibly go wrong, I don't like the idea that it has to go wrong first when they know that it will go wrong. When I first took out the policy, I was told to take the car in and get everything done at once because every time I take it in, it's $100 out of my pocket. I’d rather pay $100 one time rather than paying $100 multiple times when it’s been diagnosed that something else is going to go wrong. Nevertheless, Omega is one of the better extended warranties that is out there. I spoke with a number of other extended warranty providers and people call me all the time trying to get me to switch, but I'm satisfied with Omega. And if I had to do it again, I would go still with Omega.

1.00/5

Hello Mr Galloway,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Im glad you had a good experience during the first claim that was filed on your water pump which is listed for coverage and we were able to save you $568.32.

Regarding the seatbelt and airbag. In your review you clearly state that these items are not listed for coverage which is why they were not covered.

Omega Auto Care honors our contract for covered components the same way we do for non covered components and the items listed below would not be covered by any aftermarket service contract unless otherwise stated.

Sorry for any confusion regarding your policy, but hopefully we showed you that we do adhere to our policies in every situation. Please consider us in the future should you purchase another service contract.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I was called by Omega when my 2014 Mini was close to being out of manufacture warranty. They said this policy would pick up where our manufacturer's policy left off. I had an extended policy with another company on my previous mini and they were very responsive and took care of most of the issues. I should have gone back to them. Omega's policy was much more expensive but boy did the Omega let me down big time. Turns out the policy they sold me does pick up where the manufacturer's warranty leaves off with a bunch of exclusions.

I have a good relationship with the dealership we get the car serviced at on a regular basis and I asked them if they knew of Omega. They had not but assured me they had worked with several extended warranties. I've had the policy for several months now and I have not had any major issues with the car. But today was different. It turns out I had a rear light malfunction that welded the light bulb to the socket. The short also damaged an electronic routing module that also includes a sensor to detect if the air bags were deployed (obviously the sensor was not damaged since the airbags were not deployed but other circuits in the module was shorted) and damaged a seatbelt restraint module.

The policy I had with Omega excluded "any safety features" and "any body damage." The minute the service representative mentioned the seatbelts and airbags, Omega denied the claim (even if they were damaged because of another electrical issue). As for the light, Omega said because the light was welded into the socket, it became a body part replacement and would not fix it. I learned my lesson the hard way. Don't trust any extended warranty company calling out of the blue (especially Omega Auto Care).

Hello Tracey,

Omega Auto Care is grateful for your positive review. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Glad we met your expectations.

Hopefully you don't experience an issue in the future, but rest assured we will be there for you if you do.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I filed a claim for the AC unit of my 2015 Nissan Altima through Omega Auto Care. The claim process went fine. I called Omega and let the dealer speak to them because the dealer had the breakdown of what had to be done. Omega set what they cover and how much they had to pay. I was very satisfied with the overall claims process. The experience with Omega was wonderful and I like them.

5.00/5

I would recommend Omega. They’re okay. I submitted a claim on my AC and I was satisfied with that. They gave me $100 deductible. I paid them and they took care of the rest.

Hello,

Thank your for taking the time to share your experience with us regarding your claim. We are pleased to hear that we met your expectations.

Please let us know in advance before taking your vehicle in and we will be more than happy to work with you on the days you take your vehicle in and need a rental car. Hopefully next time we can avoid the same issue.

Thanks again for the positive review and for being a customer of Omega Auto Care.

Sincerely,<br />Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: July 11, 2017

I have a Ford Escape and I made a claim with Omega Auto Care for the back hatch. The bracket in there was broken so they had to get that replaced. I also made a claim for the fuel pump. The only time I can usually take my vehicle in was on a Saturday and Omega closes at noon and no one was there to authorize. So, I had to leave my vehicle there over the weekend which costs me two days of extra rental and Omega wouldn’t pay for which I wasn’t too happy about. The 2 claims I had weren’t that big of a deal as far as cost-wise but it's irritating because I didn’t wanna leave my vehicle and then have to come back Monday to get it.

I bought my vehicle from the dealership and they’re always really good. We had great interactions and they took care of all the claim process for me. After I okay the claim, they called Omega and get the authorization to do the repair. They send whatever paperwork by email and tell what’s wrong with the car and Omega approves it via email as well. I haven't had Omega long enough to really have any issues but I would recommend them. Omega covered my claims that the dealership didn’t do and they didn’t squabble about it. They were fine and they didn’t ask them for extra stuff. It was good and I'm satisfied with the experience.

4.00/5

Something was leaking in my Toyota RAV4 so I filed a claim with Omega. I had a $100 copay so, I paid that and they called me back and said that I had full coverage. The only problem the car dealer had was it was really hard trying to get someone on the phone which made me have to sit and wait as well. But I was thrilled that the whole thing was paid for and I was satisfied.

Hello Greg,

On behalf of Omega Auto Care management and staff, thank you for sharing this positive feedback with us.

Sincerely,<br />Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: July 9, 2017

I have a Ford Flex and a Jeep Liberty covered under Omega Auto Care. The Jeep Liberty had a door-lock problem and they asked me to go to the dealership. I went to the dealer and I gave them the information of Omega and the rep handled the rest. They have used Omega before and they never had an issue with them. Everything worked very smoothly and they kept me informed on what's going on. They replaced the actuator inside the door. They postponed for about a day because they had to wait for a part but that was the only problem and they let me know immediately about it. I'm 100% satisfied with the overall claims process with Omega. It was very easy to use. I had a very good experience and it's well worth it.

Hello Jonathan,

We thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We're very happy to hear that you found our claims process very easy.

We look forward to helping you again in the future!

Sincerely,<br />Omega Auto Care- Customer Service

Original review: July 8, 2017

I took my 2013 Dodge Durango to the dealership Mac Haik Dodge here in Houston. It had a leak in the transmission cooler. The dealership called Omega Auto Care and filed a claim. And I was very surprised at how easy it was. I figured Omega would've called me and had questions then. But it was a very easy process and the dealership took care of everything for me. I really liked it and I'm very satisfied. I would highly recommend Omega. I would also let my friends know that the process of signing up is very easy as well as getting claims taken care of when you need repairs on your vehicle.

5.00/5

I have my 2011 Volkswagen Jetta covered with Omega Auto Care. The light keeps burning up in the car and I have to put lights in the car probably every month and a half or so. I buy them for $60 a pair and they only last a month and a half. On Google, if I go and check up on the reviews people leave in there, it seems like a lot of people are having trouble with the headlights. I would think that pretty soon they should come out with a recall. It's something that's causing those headlights to burn quickly. I took it to a shop but they have not called me yet.

I filed a claim for my AC compressor and the process was easy. I called them and at the beginning, I didn't have any response so, then I called the lady that I made the payments to. She apologized and put me on with somebody and on the right track. She split things up for me and it was so helpful. I called the cheapest that I pay the money to. Within the next day, it was done. I also talk to her every month because I had to give them the approval to take the money out of my debit card so, they call me every month. Everything's fine and I'm very satisfied. I would recommend anybody to get it. It's very helpful and my experience was awesome.

3.00/5

The service that I had with Omega Auto Care was great. However, it's been a couple of years now that I've canceled with them. They discontinued my service because we had a lift placed on a truck. They reimbursed us for what was left of our insurance plan and so we’re no longer covered under the plan that we had which is understandable. I never had to use it but if I had to, I wouldn't recommend them because I had asked to be taken off the phone list because they still continue to call me to offer insurance and yet they continued to call weekly for several months so that was a little irritating.

4.00/5

Omega Auto Care called me out of the blue and at that time, I didn’t have any warranty on my 2011 GMC Acadia and I needed an extended warranty. I then signed up with Omega and had my car covered through them. When I had an issue regarding the passenger window, air conditioning and another part, I took it to GMC, submitted the insurance card, and GMC were the ones who dealt with Omega. However, the repair process took a while because somebody from Omega had to come and look at the car and see if those parts are really wrong and if they're something they’d approve. From there, my car got fixed, and I was satisfied. It was a good experience but it was also a little nerve-wracking that I had to wait for them to come to that place to inspect the car.