Customer Reviews

3.91/5
based on 165 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: May 22, 2022

I grilled the reps really well and they seemed to answer all my questions. I used to work for an extended warranty company 20 years ago and they told me a lot of things have changed. The laws have changed so it's different now. I used to feel bad that people got duped into this because they had these extended warranties but everything they were calling for weren't covered. I liked Omega's bumper-to-bumper coverage. Everything that I was looking for was in there, and they covered it. It was straightforward. My last claim went pretty well too. If I had the money, I would get it again. On top of that, my car's mileage is almost to the end.

5.00/5

I had a turbo replacement done and it was great. I just dropped the car off. I wanna keep the warranty, and I will recommend it.

4.00/5

When I signed up with them, it was fine. The service has been great. I’ve used them once. We had a mix-up, but we got it all squared away. I like Omega. It works.

5.00/5

I have been very satisfied with the service. I used it not long ago when my air conditioning went out. I called, took the car to a new place, and Omega took care of it for me. On a different note, I was going to get my paperwork out and call to make sure that I still had coverage because I've been getting a lot of calls from other companies saying that my coverage had been canceled. I certainly hope not because I've paid on the coverage for a long time and I used it, but that shouldn't be a reason for me to be canceled. I was going to call, but then we've had a death in the family. I'm not at home, so I can't look stuff up.

5.00/5

The signup and application was pretty easy. It was on the phone and the rep was good. Submitting a claim is easy too. All I do is send a picture of my receipt.

4.00/5

When I signed up with them, it was good. I spoke to a representative. I've had it for a couple of years now. They could keep a better communication, though.

5.00/5

Their service has been excellent so far. Every time the dealership contacts them, they take care of whatever issue that I'm having with my vehicle.

4.00/5

My power window on the passenger side and a running board on the driver side would not go up and down and a rear parking sensor and a heated seat were not working correctly. They got most of it done but there's some controversy about the running board. The Smart Auto people are saying that they don't know if that's gonna be covered or not. My complaint about that is the policy is bumper to bumper. I have another complaint because Omega called for an adjuster, which is fine, except for the fact that they tell the shop, “We're putting in the claim for an adjuster.” Then the shop needs to have my car on hand for 24 to 48 hours. They could close that window a little bit more. Also, if you go online, they list the auto body shops that accept the coverage. In my area, that list is pointless. You have to go to a dealership. None of these outside shops wanna deal with extended warranties. Nonetheless, we just signed up my husband's truck with Omega.

4.00/5

So far my experience with them has been good. But it's a lot of money that I'm paying out.

4.00/5

My first claim was nearly fully covered. I've had a couple of other things that had to be done that wasn't covered but it weren't so bad. There were a bunch of snags because the dealership wanted to do a full motor replacement. Omega said that might not be necessary and they had a third-party inspector come. My vehicle didn't need a full motor but it needed other parts so it was like a teardown rebuild. Some parts weren't covered like the exhaust part. So, I had to pay a little bit more. Other than that, the claims process is fairly simple and they communicate well. I also had a claim for the water pump of my wife's car that had gone out and they covered almost all of it.

3.00/5

Original review: May 21, 2022

I just utilized the warranty for a brake change, stop brakes and rotors. The shop called the company and they handled it between themselves. Omega Auto Care covered the rotors. The process was pretty seamless and I didn't have any problems with it. I didn't like the fact that they had services that expired over time and have since expired, yet, I pay the same amount. That seemed a little shady, but apparently, they were giving those services free for a period of time on top of the warranty. They're much needed routine maintenance things though.

4.00/5

The Omega rep explained that the mileage for the plan was better than what I was getting through the dealership. It would have longer-term coverage, too. Instead of six years, it's seven. One time, I was driving to work and the check engine light came on. It said, “Stop as soon as possible.” That was a mile from work so I went ahead and went to work, got my phone out and called Omega.

They had a person come out and put my car in a flatbed instead of regular tow truck, which was nice and had it towed to the dealership. I had to complain to get the service done, though. I was told originally that the dealership was fine, but then I was told that the dealership was charging higher than the prevailing rate in Farmington, New Mexico. There aren't that many places in Farmington or the Four Corners to go, and the dealership was a better choice, especially because the car has to be reset with new parts put on because of the NSF features. I had them tow it to the dealership and they started to balk at it but they paid for it.

I also had to pay for two extra days because they didn't order the part on Friday morning like they said they did. They waited till Monday and ordered it after I called to complain. I was a little bit upset with that. But otherwise, I've been satisfied. Hopefully, I don't have to use it and hopefully, things will go fine from now forward.

4.00/5

When I called the second time for them to pay the company where I went to do the oil change, it took a while before they could pick up my call. Apart from that, the process was okay.

4.00/5

Signing up for Omega was pretty simple. I spoke to several different representatives at the time because I wasn't sure upon talking to them how soon I wanted to move forward. They were very courteous. I felt like they understood what I needed to move forward on my policy. Omega was pretty affordable at the time when I bought it and I received a promotion to get oil changes and all sorts of things that I felt were viable for my vehicle. If you want to get an extended coverage or warranty for your vehicle, Omega is the way to go.

5.00/5

Original review: May 6, 2022

The rep answered any questions that I had and explained what things would be covered under the warranty. If I broke down on the side of the road, I could have a new car until my car was fixed and the hotel payment for the night if I was stuck somewhere out of town. She helped me enroll in the automatic payment. I use it for my latest oil change and at first, the lady at the dealership said she had not seen it before but it went through.

5.00/5

The gentleman that I dealt with was very informative. He told me what I could do and not do, and he also told me how I could file a claim. He said that he would send me a brochure and literature concerning the company and what it would cost me per month. I went to my dealer when the left side indicator of my car would not work. They looked it over and identified that I needed some parts to make that left side work. I told him to do it and then he got the parts. When I brought the car in to get work done, I also gave the dealer the number of Omega who was supposed to cover my expense. The dealer called Omega and told them to go ahead and make the repairs. The repairs were made and Omega paid for the job.

5.00/5

Omega covered major issues like your transmission and motor. The lady was nice and informative when I talked to her.

5.00/5

Omega Auto Care had the most coverage for the least amount of money. The rep was very polite. Also, he explained it very thoroughly to where I didn't need to ask any questions. He was good with the job. I'm paying 150 a month, and I was told that the 150 for the bumper-to-bumper, and after six months, it becomes 65, which I've never heard before. I've never owned a newer vehicle. So, I've never had bumper-to-bumper coverage. That was a big selling point for me and I hardly noticed it coming out of my account.

This was the first new truck that I ever had. Omega would help me get a rental car and pay for the repair. Omega is one of the best when it comes to coverage because life happens and no one can expect their car or truck to break down and they need a reliable company to cover their vehicles. And when it does, they need someone they can rely on.

5.00/5

Original review: April 22, 2022

When I did my oil change, I was supposed to get a reimbursement, but I never did. I sent them the invoice that same day and spoke with somebody at customer service, but nothing was done. Omega was trying to get in contact with the people that did the oil change, but the people didn't want to get in contact back because it was over the phone. I just chose not to do any oil changes in that facility anymore after that day. Before the oil change, I had some work done in the car at Empire Hyundai at Fall River, and everything was copacetic. Other than that oil change, Omega has good service.

5.00/5

I thought that it would be a good idea to go with Omega. My light came on on my car saying the oil change has to be done. My guy said he doesn’t do that with the insurance and I paid $54. I did a battery check-up too and everything was fine. I called back to see if Omega paid the tech for the battery check and they took care of him right away.

5.00/5

Everything's been okay. But I had problems with reimbursement of things that I paid for or I used my own AAA. I sent in the form and never got any reimbursement. I complained but nothing happened. I let that go but that irritated me. But Omega taking care of the actual car was good. They handled it quite well. I had Omega for four years from April 8, 2018 to April 2022. Then in January, I signed back up with them because they gave me the one year of the maintenance, which satisfied me. So I'm very happy with my Omega. I'm satisfied with it. I'm satisfied with the representative that called me and we got it going again. So I'm paying that 129.46 and that's perfect.

I went into Cortes where I get my Volks gets done. This is my month for me to have my inspection and an oil change. The last that I had done with Omega was the oil change back in September. I used them again when my automatic door lock started going out and it had this weird sound. So that ran through and it was fine. The lock was working perfect.

5.00/5

Original review: April 5, 2022

I had just paid my first month's bill, then my car happened to go down three days later. It wouldn’t start and I was also hearing a noise. I called Omega, let them know, and they were on it. They told me since I’ve been paying my coverage and the deposit kicked in, I could go ahead and start using it. The lady told me, “Don’t drive it. Try to get a ride to work." She also asked me to call a towing company to get it towed to a car place of my choice. They have a couple of places with zero deductible. Everything was pretty smooth on Omega’s behalf. They sent a new starter to the car place I went to, and the mechanic put in.

Omega covered it so quick, and that was pretty cool. I would've had to come out of my pocket, and they saved me $300. That was just for the part and not including the other part that they fixed too. They said I could get a rental car service, but I didn’t try to go with that. They also told me that I got a free car care with Pep Boys. I’ve been telling a couple people about Omega. You never know when your car is gonna go down, and it’s a good coverage.

4.00/5

Signing up with Omega was positive and all my questions were answered to my satisfaction. But I was a little disappointed that I ended up paying $2,100 out of pocket for repairs to my car. I took it in for service to check everything over. The front wheel was bad and tie rod ends. It wasn't covered under the warranty.

5.00/5

I got an oil change a couple of months ago at a dealership. I didn’t have any problems. Omega processed that right away. My concern is I’m paying too much for something I’m not sure that I’m gonna be able to use it. Sometimes, I regret it because my car is fairly new and I don’t need really to have any coverage.

3.00/5

My experience with Omega is 50-50. The person who I originally took my water pump to did not do the work. Omega paid him and I informed them that the work was not done, and they told me to keep reaching out to the person. I finally reached out to the person and he got in contact with me. But my car has been at the shop waiting for them to look at it for about three weeks now.

Originally, I was taking it in for a thermostat. Then, the mechanic called me and said there was something going on with the water. He believed it was the thermostat and the water pump. So, I paid for the thermostat and Omega covered the water pump. But now, my car completely shut off on me on the road. I just got off the highway when it happened. Omega towed it to the dealership but they are not able to look at my vehicle. They’re backed up and has no opening until late April. I didn't take the car originally to them because they did not have anything.

Omega seems to be convenient and I will recommend them to a friend. The only issue I have is that they help cover stuff but they need to make the rental upfront on how long they’re gonna cover it. With logistics being so bad everywhere, they should go ahead and put that in. I was in doing the water pump alone before it stopped running on me and I had a rental for almost three weeks due to the shipping situation. The part was on backorder and Omega only covered the rental for the three days that the mechanic worked on it.

5.00/5

Omega's reps were informative. They helped me to make the decision. I felt comfortable after speaking with them as far as explaining to me how it worked. So, I was able to make the decision to move forward with it. I had a pretty good experience.

5.00/5

The claims process with Omega was easy. The dealership just called them and then, they got it going. It seemed to be good because the dealership did it all. If I had any questions, Omega has been good as well about answering them. I just signed up with a second vehicle.

5.00/5

The repair shop made the contact with Omega and they said the claim was very smooth and there were no issues whatsoever as far as what was being covered. In today's costs of repairs, Omega is a good value.

4.00/5

We had a couple of claims and we bought some windshield wipers. I turned it all in at once to Omega. The rep at the number that I called originally told me to fax instead to a certain number but that number would not go through and would revert you to another number. Then, I called and she said it hadn't shown up. She gave me an email address to send it to but I got the refund check so it did go through. I would recommend Omega though I understood at the time that refunds and oil changes were for the time you had it, and it was not. It was for a limited time so Omega called and offered me to pay X amount of dollars per month to have that extended. But the price was quite high that I could take the money I was paying for that and just save it and pay for the oil change.

5.00/5

Original review: March 20, 2022

My experience with Omega was very good. I had a battery issue and all I did was give the number to the technician and he called them. They worked out what the deal was and how much I got covered for. When my overall bill came out, I was satisfied with that. I was pleased. Aside from that, it was very easy for me to do it. I was out of the conversation.