Customer Reviews

4.09/5
based on 178 ratings
Read more reviews
4.00/5

I got Omega on my Chevy and I filed a claim for a couple of things. One was for my steering hose and it was a lot. The claim process is fast. The dealer will contact me and then they'll contact Omega. Omega then pays for everything 'cause they said they will pay for emission. Also, when I got the warranty, I also paid for other things like wheel changes and brakes and it expires every year. There should be a call when it's about to expire to let me know 'cause I didn't get a chance to use mine. Other than that, the claims process has been great.

5.00/5

I was really impressed with Omega Auto Care and I'm happy to have their type of protection plan. I've owned cars many times before and when the manufacturer's warranty expires, I've always ended up paying out of pocket astronomically for repairs. Also, monthly payments to Omega have been very reasonable. They fit perfectly into my budget. Every time I spoke with someone from there, customer service was amazing, even for simple questions. The reps were very professional and all of my concerns and needs were answered. When I drive my car, I have so much confidence because I have protection in case something breaks down I can take my vehicle to the dealership and get it repaired.

For my last claim, my headlight had gone out. My neighbor who is really good with cars checked it and said the bulb is ought. He replaced the bulb and less than five days later, the bulb went out again. I then thought there was something wrong with the wiring. When I took it in to have it serviced, the dealership was able to call Omega who then took care of the claim for me. They called me and told me that the dealership called them and told them what was going on. They reassured me that they already took care of everything in case the dealership would call and say something different.

Being a female, the dealership tried me. They called and told me this amount and that amount. I told them that Omega's rep already assured me that everything was gonna be taken care of. I called Omega back and they told me exactly what they were covering and what my bill would be. They said when the dealership calls me to pick up my car, all I would do is pay my $100 deductible. I would've had to pay this great big deal as opposed to paying a simple $100 deductible. That was amazing. Omega's reps are like attorneys who fight for me as their customer.

My Omega warranty is one of the best investments I've ever made. I will never own a car without having this type of protection again. It is like having health for your car. Since I've had it, I've been nothing but pleased. My coverage goes all the way up to next year and before it expires, I'm gonna buy it again. I've even told my family and friends about it.

3.00/5

Original review: May 6, 2020

I filed a claim with Omega for my truck's window switch and the process was really slow. It took me about two hours to get through to somebody. I also did that to the dealership and gave them my information. The next day I dropped off my truck. They got it done and the claim ended up costing me a 100-buck deductible. I thought it would be 100% covered. Omega's price is over there with every other company. I'm satisfied but I'd tell people to shop around.

5.00/5

BMW submitted the claim and Omega paid for everything I needed -- the warranty company covered the whole thing. It was pretty seamless, and I did not even have to talk to them. It took about five days or so for them to approve it and for BMW to fix it. Overall, this company is solid.

5.00/5

Original review: April 29, 2020

When my wheel sensor went out and needed to be replaced, I took my vehicle to Chrysler. Omega gave me a book for Chrysler to look at when I took the vehicle out there. Chrysler called Omega to deal with the process. Then they fixed the vehicle quickly and about five hours later it was done.

5.00/5

Original review: April 27, 2020

I was at a doctor’s office and when I came out, the car was dead. At the time, I forgot to take my cellphone with me, so I went back into the office and called AAA. I told them the situation that I had no phone for them to call me back when they were about to come and that I needed service sooner than later. They said that they would transfer the message and they did. Then the man came within a half-hour, which was good because the office was closing. I also called another service as I had to make sure that I was covered. All in all, I was very satisfied because help came right away and the battery was repaired.

3.00/5

Original review: April 26, 2020

I had a pulley issue and Omega denied the claim. I called somebody and nobody called me back when they're supposed to call me back. It is a mess. I have to file the claim again to see if they could fix it. This insurance is costing me a lot of money. I took the premium, the most expensive one and it's supposed to cover the car from this and that. If there’s a belt that is shredded they're supposed to fix that. But the claims I had before went well. I’m satisfied with Omega.

3.00/5

Original review: April 24, 2020

I had an oil change through Omega Auto Care back in January. The guys in the service department don't really like the claims process. They say it's too cumbersome and takes too long for them to get paid from Omega. Other than that, I got two oil changes through Omega. I'm supposed to get three, but I don't drive my car enough to have needed three within that year.

The only thing is I keep getting something in the mail. I got something in the mail just a day or two ago about extended warranty and the prices are gonna go up. That happened to me once before. And so, I called their number and talked to a man to make sure it wasn't Omega, and I think it was Endurance. I also had somebody call me from Omega back in December who was telling me that it was expired and that I needed to renew it. But it wasn't expiring until February. So, in January, when I got ready to change my oil, I called back again. The gentleman that answered me that time looked it up, and he said, "No, you still got 'till February." So, I got the oil changed again.

5.00/5

I had a problem and it had to do with my car heater. When you get in the car, the heater was making a knocking noise. I made a phone call to Omega. And they told me, "Take it to the dealer and let them look at it and determine what's wrong with it. They'll get back with us and see if there'll be coverage on it." I took it to the dealer and they looked at it. They said it was a door bracket that broke off and they replaced it, and Omega covered it. The experience was great. I had no problem. The bill was $197, but I had to pay $100 deductible. So, I saved $97. I would definitely recommend it to somebody else if they ask me, for sure.

5.00/5

We were looking for an extended warranty and we liked the the easy access to Omega. One time, we had a claim for the air condenser and it was easy going in. The dealer dealt filed the claim and the process was okay. I have no complaints.

5.00/5

Enrolling with Omega was simple. After going over all the details and what the policy covered, it was seamless. They offered payment plans too. The other day, I took the car to the shop. I gave them my policy card and they reached out to Omega. I had a motor mount that was damaged and Omega covered it so I was happy about that. I just had to pay the deductible. The shop thought it was gonna be an extended day but the repair ended up being a lot quicker than I expected. They finished before I even got the rental. Omega saved me a whole lot of money. I am grateful to them for the help and for following through for the service that I'm paying them for. It was not like I'm paying for something and then when I need their help, they back their hands up and say, "Well, you're on your own with that.” Some companies do that.

5.00/5

I have a 2012 Buick LaCrosse. It only had 30,000 miles when I bought it. It was pretty brand new. It’s been running good and I take good care of it. I take it in to get it serviced all the time. I need to have a warranty on it because it’s an expensive car. I love Omega. There’s this guy named John there and he is just super. He’s a pretty good guy and he’s like my friend after all this time. He recognizes my voice and he knows me and he takes care of my bill right away. He gets the job done.

5.00/5

A few years ago, my 2014 Cadillac had a gearshift between the front seats. It got to where when you put it in park, it would come up on the information dash, "Put it in park." You could do that again and still it came up the same thing. I finally took it to the garage in Longview and they replaced it. One day I was backing the car out of the garage and the back up camera screen worked fine. I went over to Longview and when I put the car in reverse, the camera didn't come up. I also had a claim with the radio screen and it took a couple of days. It didn't take long.

I was well-pleased with Omega. However, the yearly insurance was coming up due in about a month and I thought, why should I pay more insurance on it and it's just sitting in the garage? I canceled the rest of the policy and decided to sell the car 'cause I wasn't driving it very much. I didn't see any reason to leave an extended warranty on it because I had a buyer for it by then.

5.00/5

Original review: March 27, 2020

I was losing the current warranty that I had on my car, and I’d done some research online and saw that the Omega one was good. I’ve submitted one claim and I got pretty lucky. There were two things wrong with the car, one was the fuel sensor and the other was the transmission. The transmission, luckily, was still covered on the original warranty ‘cause I didn’t have as many miles on the car.

Omega was awesome. I got a couple of phone calls from them. They processed the claim and took care of their end. I have no complaints about Omega at all though the process took a while because of the way the car was. They thought they fixed it, then they realized they didn’t. But the original problem, the one that was covered by Omega which was the fuel sensor, took about 48 hours. It was pretty quick. The repair shop from Ford contacted Omega and let them know what it was. Then I got a phone call saying that they were gonna approve it. It was great customer service.

I work for the post office and we have a saying there called CYA (Cover Your **), and warranties cover you. You look at the payment month-to-month. Sometimes, you sit there and think, “What am I paying it for?” But at the end of the day, if something happens, for what the out-of-pocket cost is gonna cost you or for something that could be thousands and thousands of dollars, it’s definitely worth it. It gives you that peace of mind knowing that. My wife and I have one vehicle so if something happens, we need to have something fixed and fast and not costing us a mortgage or more. I’ve recommended Omega to people that work up at my office and a couple of other people are actually gonna be looking online.

5.00/5

Omega's claims process was easy. The motor locked up on the seats. The dealer called Omega and less than 15 minutes after, the customer service approved the repair. So the dealer went on and took care of it. The contractor handled the claim well, but I had to have the car towed in, which I had to for. But although I had to pay for one day of car rental, Omega took care of it for about 10.

5.00/5

The four-wheel drive would not engage and we had snow and I got stuck in my driveway, which is flat. After I got it in the garage, they found that there was another problem with the water pump, which was leaking. I took the card in to the garage I took the car to and told them I have Omega's coverage. They looked at it and said they would check it out. And they took care of everything including the rental car, the whole ball of wax. I had to do absolutely nothing and it came through. It wasn’t but just a very short period of time and they said it was approved and they were set to fix it. They did everything. It was very good. I was very surprised and delighted that it was taken care of so easy and so quick.

5.00/5

I bought the BMW used and I had to have some guarantee so I got the warranty from Omega. I had a claim for some oil leaks. There are a lot of other people that are nicer than my adviser, but that’s the only thing. Besides that, they did whatever they had to do. The first time I went and they have problems, they fixed it. Then it started leaking again, so they have to go back and they fixed different problems. It was because of the temperature, some of the gaskets worn out and they had to fix that.

3.00/5

The Omega sales rep called me and I was in the right mood to talk. I figured it would be nice to have coverage for my car. I had to get a new transmission and I had to pay $100 for a deductible. Today, I took my car up to get a new wheel bearing, it cost me $267. That’s $250 plus tax. It was out of pocket. Omega came in good 'cause of my transmission. I lucked out on that one but I'm thinking I might have to switch to something else that's gonna be more affordable for me. I really don't have that kind of money to just keep putting out $100 a month. I scrape. I barely get by.

5.00/5

Original review: March 9, 2020

Omega has been taking 114 out of my husband's bank account, but they stopped and we're trying to find out why. Other than that, their claims process was very easy. When we took the car to the mechanic's shop and they said they put a pump kit and two sealers. The car was in there for two days and we only had to pay the $100 deductible.

4.00/5

Omega did handle the only claim that I had with them and I was happy for it. It was a radiator and a steering stabilizer at the same time. I took it to the dealership. I called Omega and they got right ahold of the dealership. They worked everything out. The lady at the dealership came back out 10 minutes later and told me that they had to process the payment for the repair. They got the parts in on a Tuesday, I dropped my vehicle off on a Wednesday, and I picked it back up Thursday. When I tried to cancel though, that was a totally different story. I traded my vehicle in on a new Jeep Gladiator, and they worked out a really good deal with an extended warranty so I didn’t need the Omega warranty. But I was very satisfied with Omega. Knowing that my vehicle would be fixed in the event of a breakdown gave me peace of mind.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

The first time I got my brakes done, I didn't know the claim process. I went and paid all the money, but the car people ended up contacting Omega and they paid them right away. Then, I had my second claim in December which was for an oil change. I didn't notice that I didn't have to pay for the oil change. There was no deductible for the 3 free oil change that I got. I paid and I ended up having to wait on the money when I wasn't supposed to pay out. But they had the people that was doing it call and get paid. However, I still haven't gotten paid for this second claim. The guy in disbursement told me that it had got tied up, and they sent them out on Friday. Other than that, the claims process first went fast and they did good. Their people are good communication-wise. I also give all my friends their information so they go through to them.

5.00/5

I had a heating core done. They came out, did an inspection and then approved the repair. I was okay with the process and they answered my question. Everybody who has gotten an older car with mileage, get Omega.

4.00/5

Having Omega has been good so far. It takes a little bit long to get a check in, but it’s fine. When I mail in or email the receipt in, it takes at least 3 weeks, sometimes 6 weeks to get a check. Still, they’ve always sent it that I don’t have to keep track of it. I’m also aware of what they cover, but I haven't had any breakdowns or anything go wrong with the truck. I’m gonna take the truck in for some more maintenance at 50,000 miles, and then see what they cover. Fortunately, I haven't had any other claims besides oil changes so far. I’m grateful that they reimburse things like oil changes, which is really nice.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I filed a claim to Omega Auto Care for my power steering rack and pinion, and my insurance took care of it. The process took three or four days and the coverage they provided was okay. I had to have it done, so I had it done.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I've been with Omega Auto Care for about two years now and recently, I submitted a claim to them for my heater control valve that had to be replaced. It was great speaking to their customer service and I had no issues getting my claim taken care of.

4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I had a couple of warranties that weren't so efficient and I went through a lot of changes trying to get in touch with them to get my auto care taken care of. So, I looked for another warranty company and chose Omega. During the times when things like oil changes were supposed to happen, just the initial time was a little lengthy trying to get hooked up. After that, I have had no problems. The repair people do their part that's required by Omega and everything is expedient, usually within the same hour.

Recently, I had a claim for my alternator and I went to Midas Auto Care which has been taking care of my vehicles for 20 years. With Omega, I can take my vehicle to anyone that has a license and is an accredited company. Omega has something though where they pay for one part but not on the other when it's one whole thing. The mechanic told me that it is what it was. Still, I got some help and I got the work done. I've also done some other work on my car and they've paid $100 on tires or batteries. It's better than me having to pay all of it out of pocket.

5.00/5

For a year or two now I've been with Omega. Recently I took my car to my dealer for an alternator issue. They did everything. However, the only thing I was not aware of was the aftermarket part. Still, the dealer said that they got a decent one. It wasn't a lower grade so it was fine. I'm happy with Omega's process.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I had a warranty program on a car that I had and when I tried to make a claim, virtually nothing was covered. I felt like I was taken so I was really skeptical about Omega Auto Care. I called the mechanic that I used for a BMW that I owned. When I mentioned the name of Omega, he said that he works with them. I could trust them, which was why I went with them.

Their claim process went very nicely. I took my 2015 Nissan Versa to the Nissan dealer for a brake and Omega had given me a free brake job. Once the dealer evaluated the car, they told me that the control arms were wearing out. I noticed that my front tires were both wearing unevenly. The back tires were fine and the car was less than six months old so that was the reason the tires were wearing bad. They quoted what it would cost to fix it. I gave them the card that Omega sent me when I bought the warranty program. They contacted Omega, got the verification to do the work, and completed it. Omega paid more than 50% and I covered the rest. I've recommended Omega to everybody that I've talked to about that card.

3.00/5

When I took the policy, the experience was pretty smooth and Omega told me that everything is covered. I just need to pay some copay, which is about $100. But when I used it for my trunk that got stuck and there were some parts that needed to be replaced, I heard from AAA that when they contacted Omega, they told them that only part of the transactions would be covered. I needed to take care of the rest, which was more than what I was expecting.

Another thing is Omega told me that for the first 3 or 4 services, the oil cost is covered. They have a coupon for that. But when I was going for my car service with Honda and presented the coupon, they told me that they could not take it directly. I needed to fax them my bill then they would reimburse it. That impacted me because I was expecting that I didn’t need to pay upfront, the cost would be covered and I didn’t need to fax. But Omega is still good because I’m getting covered. It’s still much better than not having the coverage but if someone can find a little better coverage, they should go for that.

5.00/5

The thermostat has been taken care of. I took the vehicle in and it was checked out. I was told it was the thermostat. I gave the warranty number and the vehicle, which I needed done quickly, was taken care of quickly. The car’s doing great now. Omega works well and it's valuable because you never know what’ll go wrong with the cars.