Customer Reviews

4.86/5
based on 265 ratings
Read more reviews

My Computer Works

Eileen, thank you for your review!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Jason ** did an exemplary job of finding the problem with my computer and fixing it. It took him a long time to fix the issue and I commend his perseverance. He was also very patient with me as I am rather slow on the computer. I'd recommend your company highly.

My Computer Works

Thank you for your review, David! We are happy we solve all your computer issues!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was on vacation when I started having computer issues and from where I was, I didn’t know a soul. I did a search and found My Computer Works. The guy came in within a couple of hours and checked for spyware, adware – those kinds of things. He was very pleasant and helped with my issues. But what resolved it was a new hard drive and after that, I felt a little more confident that I was safe in using my computer. They were very polite and concerned with my issues. They were also speedy on the job and I’m not dissatisfied with their service. I knew that when I walked in the door, I was obligating myself for six months which is 60 bucks a month and that was back in March. But I need to contact them and end my subscription since I have found a local technician.

My Computer Works

Thank you for the review, Elaine!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I am 89 years old, am demanding in spite of my frailties, or because of my frailties. My computer went down, and I called My Computer Works. They were responsive, timely and efficient, which is very important to me. The pricing was something I could afford, since I am on pension. They were understanding of my position and condition, and very insightful in dealing with me.

My Computer Works

Jerome, thank you for your review!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Contacted what I presumed to be main office of "My Computer Works" and described problems I was having. Was told services available and costs and opted for one time service charge. Was contacted by service rep shortly thereafter and after discussing problems service rep proceeded to explain process involved and he started his service. Contacted me several times and successfully completed cleaning up the problems with my computer to my personal satisfaction.

My Computer Works

Thank you for you review!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Great experience. Pleasure to talk to and fix the problem fast!!! Would recommend that everyone use their service. A grade A company and fast service. They really saved me a lot of trouble and help me get my computer back to its old self. Thanks!

My Computer Works

Arthur, we are so happy we could help you! Thank you for your review!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Had a bad experience with scammer. Found a company to take care of my computer. They closed. Difficult to trust next company and received excellent service from My Computer Works. Very professional, patient, easy to follow their directions. Have confidence in using their service again.

My Computer Works

Thank you for your review, Misty!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

The Tech, Mathew, was very polite and professional. He was a true Knight on a digital, white horse. Thank you so much. I will connect to and utilize the internet with confidence from now on. Thank You SO Much.

My Computer Works

Clara, thank you for your review! We look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Everything has to be done with a computer and machines and I don't like it. I have to use a computer every single time and My Computer Works has saved my life. Sometimes, I get frustrated with the problems but their reps are always very nice, patient and kind. In fact, I was just talking to somebody and he was trying to help me. I'm going to continue with My Computer Works as long as I have a computer.

My Computer Works

Catherine, we are glad we could help you out. Thank you for the review!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Having problems with a scammer, who was telling me I had problems with Microsoft, I then called Computer Works and they checked out my computer and there was no problem with it, needless to say they gave me a very uplifting day.

5/5  to 5/50
Consumer Changed Rating

Resolution response: Aug. 27, 2017

Nothing more to say - MCW IS TOP OF THE LINE & puts other tech support companies to shame. Thx

My Computer Works

Brenda, we are so glad you loved our service! Thank you for your review, and we look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Several days ago, I had a horrible experience trying to acquire a Tech Service Company, that was honest - upfront & reliable. After McAfee ripped me off, I was in tears - & turned to Consumer Affairs to report them - now I've learned since, that they won't let me report them as they are contenders. Unreal. In my huge dilemma, I requested the top 3 tech support firms with the best of current ratings... & I contacted MCW. It is the BEST MOVE I have made in years. The sales person Kerry, was superb - patience unmatched! She gave me an appt time the following morning (since I was too burnt same evening after all day McAfee lies & runaround) ...& believe me - I was literally shocked that Kenneth (my tech guy this day) called me first thing next morning - as promised. Poor guy - spent hours & hours getting my system back on track - & every single time he told me he would do something - HE DID.

In this day & age, your word means more than anything to someone like me - & he is excellent. Taught me an abominable amount of knowledge - fixed & checked out every single thing I requested - & if I had not have gotten such a TOP NOTCH TECH - I would just chalk it up as another "McAfee firm." He absolutely was a wealth of relief to me & I am indebted for life. Unless something drastically changes with MCW - I am sold for life. No kidding. From start to finish - this young & upcoming firm is making giant strides in their industry - & I truly bet, that with the team I dealt with, they will surely pass every other competitor out there. CONGRATS ON MAKING ME A LIFETIME CUSTOMER!

My Computer Works

Richard, we are glad to know that you are happy with our service! Thank you for the review!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

All I know is that You guys are super and I would recommend you to anyone. I would never use anyone else. This company has saved me multiple times from problems I could not solve myself. It would be to your advantage to use this company. They are super!

My Computer Works

Bryan, thank you so much for your review!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Living in a remote area when my computer went down I looked in the yellow pages and choose My Computer Works not knowing what to expect. The technician was friendly and courteous and appreciated my concern that I might lose everything especially my business info. He worked on my computer three days from 8 am to 2 pm local. I thought he might say "this is too much forget it". He did not and I now have my computer back operational. I would recommend My Computer Works without hesitation.

My Computer Works

Ursula, thank you for your review!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

A scammer inactivated my Windows 10 operating system which made it impossible for me to access my computer, it also inactivated the mouse. The computer expert was very friendly and professional and was able to repair the problem without difficulty. I can recommend this service without reservations.

My Computer Works

Elizabeth, thank you for the review! We are always happy to help you out!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I had some issues with strange websites coming up when I thought it was going to my home page and My Computer Works repaired that for me. I have them as a service for about seven years and they're always very professional. My computer is always better after they work on it.

My Computer Works

David, we are so happy to hear your computer is up and running again! Glad we could help you out. Thank you for your review!

Original review: July 28, 2017

When computer mysteriously stopped working (no internet, no email, could not access Windows Edge), we tried for 2 days to troubleshoot it. My wife went to Home Advisor and found MCW for solving this problem. I contacted them, they explained how they could help, how long it should take and the cost; a work order was started that evening and work began the next morning. Brian, the MCW Tech, called and asked about my problem. Then explained what he needed from me and what he was going to do and that it would take about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Brian was methodical and thorough. He completed his "fix" of my computer in 3 1/2 hours, and it works just great.

Also, when I asked what might have caused this problem, he explained that I probably did not cause the issue. He said that it was likely caused by a power interruption. We had several lightning bolts nearby when the problem began. Brian suggested a couple of preventative measures to keep this from happening again. I am very pleased with My Computer Works, and Brian, for their technical help and insight.

5.00/5

Keith and Anthony were very helpful. Our new computer is up and running just the way we want it. We feel secure and protected. And more knowledgeable and happy with the way it's set up. Thank you very much! We will be contacting you with any more issues. The guys were very friendly and patient.

My Computer Works

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our service! Thank you for the review, Pat!

Original review: July 24, 2017

I had a bad scam on my computer that came up suddenly while I was reading Facebook. Your man was here about 15 minutes and cleaned the computer perfectly. The computer man was so nice, well dressed and on time. Many thanks.

5.00/5

I have used My Computer Works for several years and really appreciate their knowledge about keeping my computer in great shape. They respond quickly when I call and are always very helpful. The technicians are always very courteous and any questions I might have.

My Computer Works

Donna, it is great to know that you are happy with our service! Thank you for your review!

Original review: July 17, 2017

I trust My Computer Works explicitly. The first time I got them, I had a virus on my computer and they spent hours fixing it. They helped me buy my new computer, gave me tips on what to do, and put anti-malware stuff on it. Their reps also helped me get a new router when the old router that was given by my service provider wasn't continually doing what it was supposed to do. They do their service remotely so I don't have to carry the computer to a person here. They have a little app on the computer and I'd write in there what needs to be done and send it to them and then it's in a queue. Dealing with their reps have been absolutely marvelous. I also feel educated because they'll answer any question and no question is too stupid. The performance of my computer has been excellent since their service and I'm very satisfied with them overall.

5.00/5

I love My Computer Works. My experience with them has been excellent so far. A couple of weeks ago, my computer was taking so long to load up so I called them and they did their thing. Requesting the service was an excellent experience and the scheduling has been phenomenal. If I call them and I'm not available at a certain time, I can tell them when I would be available and that's when they always give me a window. They're always Johnny-on-the-spot.

The representatives are extremely good, very helpful, didn't put me on hold, and fix the problem. The techs are excellent and I liked that they talked to me while they were doing their job. They explained what they were doing and why the problems were occurring. My computer is like a brand new one after they've finished. I would highly recommend them and I have recommended a few people who have computer issues that rather than calling a local guy every couple months, subscribe to My Computer Works' service then call the 800 number and they'll call back and fix the problem.

5.00/5

I am an independent sales rep that works out of a home office. I have many Emails every day coming in from all parts of the US some with viruses. I am very satisfied every time I need My Computer Works' help. They are efficient and knowledgeable. This is money well spent to know you have someone in your corner when computer problems arise.

4.00/5

I first called on Monday, and it was Tuesday before I got a call about my problem. The tech was very nice and helpful, and did "clean it up" to help the speed, but the other problem never came on (unwanted ads being superimposed over what I try to open). I'll advise if it continues -- thanks for the help.

5.00/5

I have had other companies take care of my computer but no one comes even close to the talented people MY COMPUTER WORKS has. When you call up for service they respond within a hour or less. Your computer never leaves your home, the work is done right the first time and at a reasonable price. I would rate them as a AAA company which never tries to sell you something you don't need.

5.00/5

I was hacked and my computer was completely messed up and I couldn't even get online. And so I called Dartmoor and the place I called was out of business. Somebody told me about My Computer Works and said they have four different places and we might want to use one of them. I wrote their number down and called and I talked to a man who took a bit of information and then I talked with a lady who took more and they got me set up to be seen. The technician who came was professional and nice. I was so nervous and he put me at ease. He worked for two hours and put me on a Windows 10 and got the job done. I made oatmeal raisin cookies and I sent him some for his family and it was great.

My Computer Works

Sandy, thank you very much for your review!

Original review: June 30, 2017

I received an error message. Called the number on the screen. Talked to a person from overseas and could see he was in my computer. Realized had done a big whoops so called MY COMPUTER WORKS. Talked to Abi and later Matt worked on remotely. Computer is faster and I have more peace of mind with anti-spyware installed.

5.00/5

When I have a computer problem, I don't try to fix it myself. I call My Computer Works and they're always so helpful. The last time, I had to wait longer than my 30 minutes but that was not a problem because I was not that much in a hurry. It hardly ever happens, too. On my last claim which had something to do with my email, the tech was new and I had not used him before but he did exactly what I needed to have done. There's never been an issue that could not be solved. I've got an older computer and I can only make older computers go so fast. And a lot of my issues have to do with my server when it gets bug down. But they always look to check it, to clean it up and to see if there's anything that would be bugging down its speed.

I interact with the reps all the time and I can even ask them something that doesn't apply to what we were doing at that moment. They're always willing to speak to any other concern or issue that I have. Some are a little more friendly and never anything unprofessional but a little easier to talk to than others. I have not had a bad experience with them and if I knew these people in person, I'd like them so much. I get my money's worth and I have recommended them to a lot of friends.

5.00/5

The technician that helped me went above and beyond what I expected. He answered all questions and solved problems in a timely and professional manner. He had a very friendly manner when conversing. He was precise in given me instructions that I was asked to follow. I will continue to use MCW if I have other problems in the future.

My Computer Works

Sherry, we are happy we could help you out! Thank you for your review!

Original review: June 28, 2017

I went online and I found HomeAdvisor who recommended My Computer Works. My first inclination was to call somebody locally and have them come in and fix things but I talked to them and they said they can probably do most of this remotely. I wasn't sure and I was nervous about having somebody do this on the computer and not have somebody come into the house. But they called me and convinced me they were good guys and it really worked out well. There were a lot of viruses on my computers and it slowed down and it was really a mess. I'm not a tech person and I haven't done any updating forever but they went through two of my computers and took care of all those things. They were very polite, very nice and good at explaining things. The guy who did the work was just super patient with an old woman. I have a lot of trust in the company and in the business. I would use them again and I would recommend them to somebody.

My Computer Works

Pam, thank you very much for your review!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I called My Computer Works about a week and a half ago because I was having trouble with something very simple that I didn’t know how to do. And the tech took care of it quickly. They always go the extra mile and make sure that everything is updated. I feel very confident that my computer is safe, free from any viruses, and safe from anyone getting in there and tampering with anything. Also, they never make you feel dumb. I would contact them next time I need to buy another computer to get their suggestions and make sure that I get one that has a better processor.

My mother and brother now have My Computer Works, and I let them know that it's worth every penny to have the competence that you can call and you’re not gonna be hooked up with iYogi. That it’s people here in the United States and you can understand them and you can have full confidence in their business and the way they perform. I love My Computer Works. I've had it for years so I wouldn’t discontinue the service.

My Computer Works

Jeanette, we are happy that you enjoy our service! Thank you very much for the review!

Original review: June 21, 2017

My Computer Works has been my go to tech service for several years. They are professional, patient, pleasant and knowledgeable. I rely on them whenever I have a question or need service. I need someone I can depend on and they are always the answer.