Customer Reviews

4.88/5
based on 243 ratings
Read more reviews

My Computer Works

Donna, it is great to know that you are happy with our service! Thank you for your review!

Original review: July 17, 2017

I trust My Computer Works explicitly. The first time I got them, I had a virus on my computer and they spent hours fixing it. They helped me buy my new computer, gave me tips on what to do, and put anti-malware stuff on it. Their reps also helped me get a new router when the old router that was given by my service provider wasn't continually doing what it was supposed to do. They do their service remotely so I don't have to carry the computer to a person here. They have a little app on the computer and I'd write in there what needs to be done and send it to them and then it's in a queue. Dealing with their reps have been absolutely marvelous. I also feel educated because they'll answer any question and no question is too stupid. The performance of my computer has been excellent since their service and I'm very satisfied with them overall.

5.00/5

I love My Computer Works. My experience with them has been excellent so far. A couple of weeks ago, my computer was taking so long to load up so I called them and they did their thing. Requesting the service was an excellent experience and the scheduling has been phenomenal. If I call them and I'm not available at a certain time, I can tell them when I would be available and that's when they always give me a window. They're always Johnny-on-the-spot.

The representatives are extremely good, very helpful, didn't put me on hold, and fix the problem. The techs are excellent and I liked that they talked to me while they were doing their job. They explained what they were doing and why the problems were occurring. My computer is like a brand new one after they've finished. I would highly recommend them and I have recommended a few people who have computer issues that rather than calling a local guy every couple months, subscribe to My Computer Works' service then call the 800 number and they'll call back and fix the problem.

5.00/5

I am an independent sales rep that works out of a home office. I have many Emails every day coming in from all parts of the US some with viruses. I am very satisfied every time I need My Computer Works' help. They are efficient and knowledgeable. This is money well spent to know you have someone in your corner when computer problems arise.

4.00/5

I first called on Monday, and it was Tuesday before I got a call about my problem. The tech was very nice and helpful, and did "clean it up" to help the speed, but the other problem never came on (unwanted ads being superimposed over what I try to open). I'll advise if it continues -- thanks for the help.

5.00/5

I have had other companies take care of my computer but no one comes even close to the talented people MY COMPUTER WORKS has. When you call up for service they respond within a hour or less. Your computer never leaves your home, the work is done right the first time and at a reasonable price. I would rate them as a AAA company which never tries to sell you something you don't need.

5.00/5

I was hacked and my computer was completely messed up and I couldn't even get online. And so I called Dartmoor and the place I called was out of business. Somebody told me about My Computer Works and said they have four different places and we might want to use one of them. I wrote their number down and called and I talked to a man who took a bit of information and then I talked with a lady who took more and they got me set up to be seen. The technician who came was professional and nice. I was so nervous and he put me at ease. He worked for two hours and put me on a Windows 10 and got the job done. I made oatmeal raisin cookies and I sent him some for his family and it was great.

My Computer Works

Sandy, thank you very much for your review!

Original review: June 30, 2017

I received an error message. Called the number on the screen. Talked to a person from overseas and could see he was in my computer. Realized had done a big whoops so called MY COMPUTER WORKS. Talked to Abi and later Matt worked on remotely. Computer is faster and I have more peace of mind with anti-spyware installed.

5.00/5

When I have a computer problem, I don't try to fix it myself. I call My Computer Works and they're always so helpful. The last time, I had to wait longer than my 30 minutes but that was not a problem because I was not that much in a hurry. It hardly ever happens, too. On my last claim which had something to do with my email, the tech was new and I had not used him before but he did exactly what I needed to have done. There's never been an issue that could not be solved. I've got an older computer and I can only make older computers go so fast. And a lot of my issues have to do with my server when it gets bug down. But they always look to check it, to clean it up and to see if there's anything that would be bugging down its speed.

I interact with the reps all the time and I can even ask them something that doesn't apply to what we were doing at that moment. They're always willing to speak to any other concern or issue that I have. Some are a little more friendly and never anything unprofessional but a little easier to talk to than others. I have not had a bad experience with them and if I knew these people in person, I'd like them so much. I get my money's worth and I have recommended them to a lot of friends.

5.00/5

The technician that helped me went above and beyond what I expected. He answered all questions and solved problems in a timely and professional manner. He had a very friendly manner when conversing. He was precise in given me instructions that I was asked to follow. I will continue to use MCW if I have other problems in the future.

My Computer Works

Sherry, we are happy we could help you out! Thank you for your review!

Original review: June 28, 2017

I went online and I found HomeAdvisor who recommended My Computer Works. My first inclination was to call somebody locally and have them come in and fix things but I talked to them and they said they can probably do most of this remotely. I wasn't sure and I was nervous about having somebody do this on the computer and not have somebody come into the house. But they called me and convinced me they were good guys and it really worked out well. There were a lot of viruses on my computers and it slowed down and it was really a mess. I'm not a tech person and I haven't done any updating forever but they went through two of my computers and took care of all those things. They were very polite, very nice and good at explaining things. The guy who did the work was just super patient with an old woman. I have a lot of trust in the company and in the business. I would use them again and I would recommend them to somebody.

My Computer Works

Pam, thank you very much for your review!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I called My Computer Works about a week and a half ago because I was having trouble with something very simple that I didn’t know how to do. And the tech took care of it quickly. They always go the extra mile and make sure that everything is updated. I feel very confident that my computer is safe, free from any viruses, and safe from anyone getting in there and tampering with anything. Also, they never make you feel dumb. I would contact them next time I need to buy another computer to get their suggestions and make sure that I get one that has a better processor.

My mother and brother now have My Computer Works, and I let them know that it's worth every penny to have the competence that you can call and you’re not gonna be hooked up with iYogi. That it’s people here in the United States and you can understand them and you can have full confidence in their business and the way they perform. I love My Computer Works. I've had it for years so I wouldn’t discontinue the service.

My Computer Works

Jeanette, we are happy that you enjoy our service! Thank you very much for the review!

Original review: June 21, 2017

My Computer Works has been my go to tech service for several years. They are professional, patient, pleasant and knowledgeable. I rely on them whenever I have a question or need service. I need someone I can depend on and they are always the answer.

5.00/5

Professional, generally prompt in responding, expert tech services by kind, involved and expert people. After all these years, My Computer Works has always "come through". This is a well run company! We had a problem with Malwarebytes (a poorly run bunch) which is impossible to contact with any service help. Keith came through in spite of the problems they presented.

5.00/5

Competent and friendly tech. Competent and friendly Customer Service Reps. (Ostensibly) Effective software. Easy-to-understand periodic written updates (I do not do 'nerd'). US based personnel (not regurgitators of training scripts located in some call-center in some third world country). I am sufficiently satisfied to have my subscription to Malwarebytes renewed for one year - again, after prior renewals.

5.00/5

I have an old computer and it just screwed up and not working right. I have a newer hard drive and the technician from My Computer Works thought maybe it's my Wi-Fi that's giving me problems. I'm in my 80s now so this tech stuff is just way beyond me. But My Computer Works has been really good and I can't praise them high enough. I’d been a customer since the early 2000s, back when I was living in Scottsdale, Arizona. They'll stay on my computer for however long it takes to fix it. Sometimes they'll stay on the computer for about four hours and then call me back the next day and spend another couple of hours on it. They just don’t give up. I pay $34 a month for the service but you're gonna get it back when you do have problems. It would all even out so it’s not a waste of money.

5.00/5

I've had My Computer Works for three years. I always got somebody different that always satisfied my problems but I was learning nothing. One day I talked to somebody and I was told I could request appointments with any of the techs that could understand what I need. So, I found Allan and started working with him. He’s kind, polite and he knew everything. No rushes. I felt comfortable with him. I’ve been working with Allan for a year when he left and I had a new computer uploaded by him. There were a couple of times when I called in and I got the situation taken care of. But this time, what happened was he set up my computer completely and so everything was fine but I turned it off and when I turned it back on, there was a password that was needed. He set it up with my name on it and once I click on it, it will open but would require a password.

I called My Computer Works and somebody called me back and I told them the problem. They ended up taking care of it for me. I mentioned that it took time and before, they would stay on the line to recheck and make sure everything’s still up to par. And so I spoke with somebody yesterday and then he took care of my problem. It did take a little bit and we were back and forth, trying everything, which we always do. And it was fine and then I mentioned to him about my Allan situation and I asked if he had a schedule so we can start working together and so I’ll know if I’m going to call in the morning or in the afternoon. And he said they have different schedules. He asked if I needed something else and I said no. Actually, my emails need to be checked. I don’t have a lot of free time but I can work it in. The tech was nice and took care of the problem and it’s fine. I now have a password to get into my computer.

I'm 71 and I only started to use the computer five years ago and I can only do so much, so that’s why I hired My Computer Works. I have a computer tech company that is included in the dues that we pay every year $500 through the Real Estate department and they take care of problems but I don’t use them. Also, they’re only 8:00 to 5:00 and then none on the weekend so it’s better to stay with My Computer Works whom I can call anytime. I also want more of a one-on-one and somebody who knows my computer and can explain so I can learn what’s going on. Even if I don’t get the tech that I was working with, if I have an emergency on a weekend, I can still call.

My Computer Works

Michael, thank you for being a loyal customer! We are very happy we can help you out. Thanks for the review!

Original review: June 13, 2017

I have been a satisfied client of My Computer Works for about two years. It is good to know that someone so efficient, knowledgeable and timely has my back. The subscription pays for itself. They provide service that goes well beyond any software or malware problems.

My Computer Works

Patricia, we are so glad to hear you enjoy our services. Thank you for your review!

Original review: June 11, 2017

Knowledgeable and nice. Also persistent. Fixed problems I have had for a long time. Highly recommend!! Took care of my problems while I did other work. Very tolerant of my lack of knowledge in this area. Did I mention kind and funny? Called me back and worked hard to resolve problems.

5.00/5

I call My Computer Works when I have an issue. The last time I called them, the printer that I have was not printing. I submitted a series of codes. Somebody competent called me back and he took over my computer. I’m not required to stay on the phone because the only phone I have is this cellphone and we’re eating up minutes. They did what they had to do then called me back and the problem had been resolved. The people are very professional. They have the expertise to understand the root cause of a problem and fix it in a reasonable period of time. I am always satisfied with what they’ve done. They go one step further to clean something and if another question arises, it's addressed. They provide the value and they're worth it.

My Computer Works

Sandy, we are so glad to hear that you are happy with our service! Thank you for your review!

Original review: June 10, 2017

All my special bars that have my Credit Union and Google disappeared and I didn’t know how to get it back so I called My Computer Works and they were very punctual. In fact, they called earlier and in ten minutes, the very nice gentleman fixed it. It’s magic. And when I called them because my computer was running slow, they always explained and they’re very kind and understanding. They laugh at my jokes and they’re good people. I never had a problem.

They’re very nice when they answer the phone. They're very knowledgeable and call you by name once you tell them who you are. If they are personally not there, there is a recording machine and you can make an appointment on it and they keep them. If you say you need help on Monday at 2:00, they will call you and keep the appointment. They’re special. They tune up my computer regularly and if I want to add an icon on the taskbar, they do that for me and if I don’t know how to do something, they fix it and tell me what to do. I have an icon when I turn my machine on that they’re there. I push the button and they walk me through it when I have the technician on the line. I get right to them and they take over the computer. I can show them what my problem is and they fix it. I love them and my computer runs like a champ.

5.00/5

Anthony did an great job. Was very polite and helpful. I so much appreciate the good job. My computer was hacked and Anthony removed all the software they had installed and reset everything so I am safe again. Thanks Again.

My Computer Works

We are so happy that we were able to help you! Thank you for your review, Kathy!

Original review: June 7, 2017

I've been a customer of My Computer Works for over 4 years now, since I was hacked by Ransomware and went looking for help. At 67 years old and very UNtech savvy, they've been a lifesaver ever since. $39.95/mo. can seem like a big expense when everything's working fine but, when it's NOT, MCW is well worth it.

5.00/5

The machine would not power on. The technician had the knowledge and the tools to diagnose the problem. He had a power supply that could be used to test if the machine would power on with a power supply replacement. He was able to get the machine powered on with his diagnostic power supply. This ruled out a bad switch and bad motherboard.

My Computer Works

Bill, it is great to hear we were able to solve your technology problems! Thank you for your review!

Original review: June 5, 2017

I was storing too many file in Outlook and the system was freezing up. Tech showed me export archived files out of Outlook on to my hard drive. Working just fine now. My Computer Works always does an outstanding job.

5.00/5

Since my old computer was having issues, I used my cellphone to find a computer repair place near me. When I typed in my zip code, a few places appeared, but when I saw HomeAdvisor, I clicked on that. When I placed my request, I received an email almost immediately. After I spoke to the gentleman and explained my problems, an appointment was made for me. My computer had more issues than I thought but the tech was patient, understanding and super supportive. It took longer than he had expected, but it was done successfully and now my new computer is working, minus the spyware, viruses and malware. So happy I clicked on the HomeAdvisor ad.

5.00/5

Again, My Computer Works performed in an outstanding manner. They responded in less than an hour and accomplished their mission quickly. My computer responds as it should. I highly recommend My Computer Works. I have been using them for 7-8 years.

5.00/5

I had two problems. The start up time had become extremely slow and a dialogue box kept coming up telling me that something wasn't loading. And then, the connection to the internet went out. Keith worked with me for four or five hours and completely solved the problem. It's running like new. My Computer Works is the best insurance policy I have.

My Computer Works

Helen, we are so happy we were able to help you out! Thank you for your review!

Original review: May 30, 2017

My Computer Works is always there every time I call. I enjoy the people I talk to and the work that they do. They are pretty friendly. All the issues I was having with my computer were solved and its performance was fantastic after they finished with their service. I have recommended them quite a few times.

My Computer Works

Thank you for your review, Connie! It is great to hear you are happy with our services!

Original review: May 27, 2017

My computer really needed help. Anthony did a great job and I couldn't be more pleased. I have recommended MCW to friends. It's a good feeling knowing all I have to do is place a call and I get immediate help. With so many cyber attacks recently I was afraid my computer was beyond help. With MCW I "have no fear."

5.00/5

I am not a savvy computer individual. I would recommend this service to everyone. When I run into problems, they can remotely help so I can be up and running in no time. This saves me time and frustration. It is definitely worth the cost.