Customer Reviews

4.88/5
based on 204 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

My Computer Works did a+ job fixing computer problems I was having. I had been trying to fix my computer myself a week or two and it was not getting better. My Computer Works had it fixed in no time. I am very happy with My Computer Works. GREAT JOB. Will call if I ever need it done again.

5.00/5

I transferred all my data from my iMac to my new MacBook Pro and developed problems getting to my mail account and the internet. I contacted "My Computer Works". Described my problems the best I could and the Tech took it from there. He was very professional, located the problems and had them fixed in a very short time. I fully recommend their service.

5.00/5

Whenever I have a problem that I can't solve, I call My Computer Works and they always help me to resolve it. They'd always get back as quickly as I want. Sometimes it takes a while, but they always come back. Their helpers are consistent, reliable, and are good teachers. They stay with the problem until it's solved and we work together. I'm very pleased with My Computer Works and if I have a problem, I feel free to call. My computer works fine most of the time, but once in a while, we update something else because everything in one part fixes the other. But I can always call back and get that fixed.

5.00/5

I kept getting a popup saying something was embedded somewhere, and I'm not a real computer person. The technician said, "Yeah, it wasn't anything that would hurt the computer." It was saying that it was blocking popups, and he just went in, cleaned it up, and said it was A-okay and that was it. Also, I got a call from a non-English speaking somebody telling me that my Yahoo was hacked, that people had been in it from California, Texas, and Florida. When the technician checked it all out this morning, he said it was okay. I usually deal with Phil. He knows my computer inside-out, but everybody has been good, so I can't say anything bad about My Computer Works. I screw it up, they fix it. They’re a good company and they do what they say they’ll do, and I've never had a problem.

5.00/5

The people from My Computer Works are always very efficient and pleasant. They answer my questions and take care of me as if I'm not some kind of idiot, which I am when it comes to computers. I'm a 73-year-old lady who thinks she knows what she's doing and doesn't always, but they always treat me very nicely, very well. They take care of everything I need.

Most of the time, usually, I call and get queued in, and then I'll check the email to see where I am in the queue. When they call me, no matter what I'm doing, I always answer and log them onto the computer and let them do their thing. They are just very helpful. They do what they need to do. Whatever the problem was, it had been fixed. I like the fact that I do not have to wait on the line while they do whatever they're doing. I have turned a friend onto it. I got an email from her last night that said, "Having computer trouble. Email you later." She emailed me at 7:00 o'clock this morning, so she must have gotten it fixed.

Sometimes, they do stuff that I didn't know I needed to have done. A couple of them have even said, "You know, you don't really need this here. How about trying this?" And I said, "Okay." Also, because I forgot what my homepage was and the technician said, "You know, that's really not secure. Why don't you do Google Chrome?" I said, "Does that mean I have to change all my favorites?" He goes, "No. I'll do it for you." He did everything, and then told me how to add something, if I needed to. It's the best money I spend every month, even if I don't use it every month.

My Computer Works

We are so glad that we could finally solve you computer problem! Thank you for the nice review! :)

Original review: April 27, 2017

Something has been causing difficulty with my machine since the beginning of the year. Others had tried and put in a good effort but the technician, Matt, from My Computer Works finally found the problem. It was a very subtle problem and there's, apparently, no reason that even a professional would suspect that it created an incompatibility. Matt really knows his stuff and found out what was messing with the plug-ins for an old copier. It's operating properly now.

One thing I'll suggest is for their marketing and creative people to come up with a plan to enhance security. People, in general, are very worried about invasion of their privacy online and and people on my level of knowledge want to enhance security but don't know how. Some of the things that can enhance security slow things down. We would benefit by knowing specifically what we need to do in order to keep the government out of our online activities. It might come down to buying a much better computer with a much faster processor so that you can run Tor. But overall, My Computer Works' people are all very good. I have recommended them and I've posted the link to people who wrote on Facebook about their difficulties with computers.

5.00/5

MCW is an excellent company to provide online support for computers and other devices. Their staff is extremely competent and well-trained. They are patient and never make you feel dumb. They are responsive and follow up to ensure that the problem was solved. Find them quite good and very helpful.

5.00/5

My experience with My Computer Works has always been wonderful. They have efficient, always on the ball, and excellent technicians. I love Matt and Josh. They're two of my favorites. The only thing is there was a little bit of a problem, which we straightened out, but it was the only downside to the whole company. We needed a hard drive, and they were going to send someone. Patricia got me in touch with Andy who seemed not so polished, but he said that he was sending someone from The Bronx. I told him that The Bronx is a little far but if he gets enough of an early start, it's about an hour and a half. I figured I'd wait for him, but he didn't pan out. I missed the day's work waiting for him. So then, Andy said he had a guy named "Rex" and he was going to send him. And then, Rex didn't pan out as well. So, I missed another day of work.

Andy didn't follow up with calling me back and letting me know who's on first, second or third. So, I was being persistent and I finally called back. Two techs failed so I asked if there was a problem. Andy then got on the ball right then and said, "Well, I'll send someone right this minute." It was at night time, and within a short span of time, Sam came. He was a very nice man. He came and worked late and he even came back the next morning because he was running late at night. He was really good. It all kind of worked itself out.

The matter was dismissed with Andy, just not really knowing what to say. He was a nice guy, but he wasn't too good at rapport. So, rather than get mad, I just said to him, "If I can get a discount, I'd appreciate it." They gave me a discount because I lost two days of work and I am a good customer, and they were courteous enough to do that. All in all, the pros outweigh the cons. I totally rely on My Computer Works. It's the best security in the world, not having to go to a repair shop and having to call them up and I've never had any problem with any of them not working their butt a lot to deliver in through. I love them and I would recommend them to anyone.

5.00/5

My computer is not communicating with the printer. I've had about six technicians called me and they said it's fixed but the next day it doesn't work again. I'm not happy right now because it's all at a bad time and I'm kind of annoyed. Normally, they fix things right away. They are great and try and do work on the problem.

5.00/5

I am an private user and use my home computer for several personal things. Christie was very helpful and fixed my computer and was very knowledgeable. She was polite and patient with me. I believe she was in Arizona and it was very nice to talk to someone in our United States and she could speak perfect English. Thank you for all your help and I would recommend this site for a friend who needed help with their computer.

4.00/5

My Computer Works

Thank you Patricia for your kind review!

Original review: April 24, 2017

After moving and being set up with Google (Gmail) instead of Windows Live Mail, I was unable to make certain things work, which had worked before. The technician, Keith, walked me through the process of allowing him to see and operate my computer screen. He then explained how to do the things I was unable to do on Gmail. He called me back promptly when he had finished setting up some new features/icons, and explained how I could easily contact the company again.

My Computer Works

Thank you Martha for your great review! We are glad that we are able to help you with all f the issues you have been having!

Original review: April 24, 2017

I've had to use My Computer Works many times. One time, I had to call them to find out why my computer is reducing the size of the print and not giving me the full page. Then, the last time, I couldn't get photos out of Dropbox. I'm a realtor and I have to put the pictures in the multiple listing. I called and asked them to help me out and the guy had me going. He asked for the email or how it was sent to me and I got him there. I saw what he did and somehow the pictures came up in my emails that I could then transport to the listing. I still don't know how to get them if the pictures are sent to me like that again. I'm 77 years old and it's a brain strain for me. At no time in my life was my little brain was prepared for what we'd use now to do business but I'm doing pretty well for a gal as old as I am.

Also, every one of them has been outstanding, efficient and very understanding. I let them know what I'm trying to do and what is happening. They come in, I see them dance all around my screen, they explain what's happening on my computer and they fix it. They're wonderful people and I never had one experience that I was disappointed with. It made my professional life a whole lot better and they saved me on many occasions. I have recommended My Computer Works to other people.

5.00/5

When I call My Computer Works, I normally get the recording saying someone will call me back or I can go to a queue. I just call back and make an appointment and they'll call right at the appointment time. The representatives working there are great. They solved every problem I've had. And they even called me back on something that they didn't cover because I was talking to the Billing Department. They gave me a refund on my renewal because they accidentally overcharged me on the initiation fee.

I have seven computers and they work on two of them. There was one incident when the weirdest thing happened to one of my computers. I unplugged two phone cords from a computer I rarely used and is not turned on. When I picked up the phone, there's no dial tone. I plugged the cords back in and I got a dial tone back. So my phone is plugged into a non-powered computer that is sitting there and is acting as a bridge. My Computer Works didn’t have to call me back on it but they did. Also, I found out that the printers they make today suck compared to the printers that they made eight years ago. The imaging qualities have changed. Kristy went through my computer and helped with resolution and found out that there was nothing that could be done to change the image quality.

My Computer Works is the only ones that I allowed to work remotely on my computer. Even though they have my passwords, I change my passwords every 45 days. These guys are really good. They're legit. I've had so many experiences because I've been dealing with a computer-based business with my company for over 20 years. I can call them every day if I want and they'll call me back. That is worlds above where we used to be in solving problems with computers.

Another thing is, I get to talk to a live person. If computer A is not working, I'll go to Computer B and I'll finish the project over there. Then I'll call My Computer Works and tell them what's going on with A. Then they would call back and say that they went through everything and it's fixed. I turn it on and it works. Sometimes I watch what they do and work on it. It gives me a better understanding of what is going on within the system.

I've recommended them to a bunch of people. Before I give up My Computer Works, I'd drop off my lawn service, then I'd drop off my pool service. And then, cut off cable TV. My business has to have computers to make it run. When something bad happens it's really cool to be able to say, "Okay. Call the guys up and just wait for an hour." And the next thing I know, I'm back to work. My Computer Works is a good firm and they understand my problem.

My Computer Works

Thank you Julia! We are always here to help.

Original review: April 22, 2017

My experience with My Computer Works is ALWAYS more than satisfactory. All of you are very pleasant, knowledgeable and helpful! It's always enjoyable to be able to simply "punch a button" and get the help I need.

My Computer Works

Wow! Thank you Robert for your incredible review. We are more than grateful for you recommending us to everyone around you!

Original review: April 22, 2017

Outstanding services was received. My computer is working as new. I would readily recommend your services to all my friends and neighbors. Your technicians displayed outstanding skills in addressing and repairing my computer and setting the latest protective software to protect my computer in the future.

My Computer Works

Wow Thank you Jo! Giving the gift of peace of mind is our goal here at My Computer Works.

Original review: April 22, 2017

My Computer Works is always on top of things and their guys are always so polite and very knowledgeable. I have peace of mind knowing that if I have an issue with my computer, they're there. I really appreciate them and the experience has been super.

My Computer Works

Thank you Nancy for your review and also your understanding!

Original review: April 21, 2017

We have been very happy with our subscription to My Computer Works. The assistants are patient and stay with me until I have an answer to my problem. Sometimes I need to wait longer than I like, but that is a sign that others like and use MCW as well.

My Computer Works

Thank you Ivan for you wonderful review! We will for sure tell Matt your kind words.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Last month, after working out of state with company computers for a few years, I retired, moved home to Scottsdale and resumed contact with them... My only contact so far was with Matt, who cleaned up my old laptop and installed new security. I found him to be very personable, professional and courteous, just as the team has always been in the past. I will recommend My Computer Works without hesitation, as always.

My Computer Works

Robert, thank you for great review! We are glad that you're happy with our service.

Original review: April 21, 2017

All the technicians that I have dealt with have been more than happy to help with my issues. I am so happy they have not been outsourced. If they are, I will stop. I would like to refer you to one of my friends but she simply cannot afford it. One of these days, I will pay for it when I save a bit more money.

My Computer Works

We are glad that you enjoyed our companies work and also our price. Thank you for your review.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Had problems with a company who provided me security against viruses, but continued to charge huge amounts of money until I called your company who disconnected the service, did a complete scan, and provided one at a reasonable yearly price without the continual price increases and badgering.

4.00/5

My Computer Works

Thank you Debbie for your review, and yes we'd love to answer any of your other questions.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I was glad I had My Computer Works helping to keep my data and help fix a crashing computer. Ran into some problems but I did have a custom computer. And they answered all questions and I appreciated that. I am back to doing all usual daily stuff. And I am sure that if I had any more questions or concerns, all I have to do is call.

My Computer Works

Thanks Phyllis, we'd love for you to join our company again at any time, but in the meantime thank you for this kind review.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Sorry I had to drop your service but I am unable to keep up with the monthly fee. Rest assured any problems I do have in the future will be directed to your company. Your employees are really great. Friendly and they put up with this 85 yr old lady and all her problems. Thanks again for all your help.

5.00/5

My experience has always been great with My Computer Works and they never worry about how long it takes. I've been with them for years now and my issues were always corrected. A friend of mine said I'm wasting money. But I said that if I have a problem, I have a number that I can put right on my computer so I would just look it up and dial it. Normally, sometimes I'll get an operator that says I'll be in the queue. Otherwise, there’ll be a message that I'll be in the queue about an hour, but that's all right. When they come on, then I am there until we are done. They were always very helpful.

They'll fix whatever that is needed to fix, they would run through a check at the computer, and I feel that they honestly care. I tell them I am not computer-literate and so it changes the way they address the problem. If they tell me to do something, I would tell them that I don't know what they're talking about and they will guide me through it. I call it "idiot level," but that's what I need and they make me feel comfortable. Then on occasion, I ask for a supervisor to compliment someone who worked with me and I have never had a bad experience with them.

My most recent issue was that I was having some problems with my router. I had trouble with Verizon, and My Computer Works helped me with that. Verizon decided that I needed a new router so I put that on and I called My Computer Works about it. They were on Verizon, not me, and we got it taken care of so I have no complaints at all. I am happy with My Computer Works.

My Computer Works

Wow thank you Tina for being a loyal customer with us and also the great review!

Original review: April 20, 2017

I have been using My Computer Works for YEARS! Every time I get a new computer they transfer everything over and get me all set up with what I need. They do automatic updates on my system so if my hard drive crashes they have everything to transfer to a new computer. They help with upgrades, computer purchasing advice and troubleshooting every virus or problem you can think of. They call back usually within 1 hour and spent as long as it takes to handle all of your issues. I HIGHLY recommend them and would not trust anyone else with my privacy or computer systems.

My Computer Works

Thank you Carolyn. We are glad that you had a good experience with us.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Technician was very friendly and took care of everything. Great Experience. He set up my computer and set it up for backups letting me know that my initial backup will take a while to complete and not to shut my computer down.

My Computer Works

Thank you for spreading the word about our company and also for this great review!

Original review: April 20, 2017

Your tech was SO helpful in "fixing" the Open Office program and installing a better program. I am always pleased with the customer service from your company. Your tech guys are A, Number 1 in my book! When asked, I always give info about your company to my friends.

My Computer Works

Wow thank you guys for this great review! We love helping our realtors!

Original review: April 20, 2017

My wife and I are both realtors and are somewhat technologically challenged. Over the past 4 or 5 years, My Computer Works has provided consistent top quality assistance for us. They are always knowledgeable, courteous, and above all patient with our ineptness. They literally have kept us in business with their quality service. Highly recommended.

5.00/5

When I made the appointment my number in line was 17. Usually that means I had time to do something else. I was called in about 15 minutes. The problem was me. I did not leave the DVD in long enough for the computer to recognize that it was a DVD and to play it. The tech was very understanding.

5.00/5

They are pretty fast getting back to you most of the time. But once they are in they fix the computer fast and fix any other problem showing up while in there. I have been very happy with their service.

My Computer Works

Thank you Helen! We are glad you are happy with our services :)

Original review: April 20, 2017

I have had very pleasant experiences dealing with your company, or I would not still be using them. The techs are very knowledgeable and do a very adequate job keeping my computer, which is not exactly brand new, running. They are cooperative and friendly. Yes, I would recommend your company to a friend.