Customer Reviews

4.77/5
based on 239 ratings
Read more reviews

My Computer Works

Mark, we are so happy we could help you with your computer. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I wanted to take the time to say thank you to My Computer Works. I made a drastic mistake by taking advice from a friend of mine and use a company called Driver Restore. This company came in by remote and totally trashed my desktop and laptop. My Computer Works came in to my computer by remote and spent three hours working on and cleaning my systems to run back to our high efficiency rating and cleaned all of the malware Trojans and everything else that was wrong that Driver Restore had placed there.

The technician who came in online works very patient concerned and asking if there was anything else he could do to solve my problems. I have to admit I was a little trepidation us about letting someone else come in by remote after my experience with Driver Restore. All I can say is they did a fantastic job on solving my problem with the experience care and getting me back to my job. I can’t say enough about this company.

My Computer Works

Thank you for your 5 star review, Shirley!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Two months ago, My Computer Works helped me with a problem on my computer. I called their office and a tech called me back within a couple of hours and did the fix remotely. We were on the phone but there is a way that they can get into my computer after I signed them in so they can see what might be going on and because I’m right here, I can see that it’s been fixed. Whoever I talk to in their office has been very pleasant. Their technicians have always been great whether it takes them one hour or three hours. I like their service and I like the way they do it. I'd tell a friend that would ask about them that if they have computer problems, they should have My Computer Works.

My Computer Works

Rick, we are so happy that you are loving our service! Thank you for your 5 star review!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

As a realtor, I need my computer so much. I know that there is a free service through the National Association of Realtors but I haven’t tried that yet. The only thing I do know from talking to other people is they will only deal with the primary issue that you call them for. Whereas My Computer Works, if you say, “Hey, I got this problem and this problem and this problem.” They’ll deal with all of those at the same time within the same call. Whereas with the National Association of Realtors, if you tell them you got three problems, they’ll only deal with one right then. You need to call them back to get the other ones taken care of.

I had a claim with My Computer Works a couple of months ago. They called me back within the hour that they were supposed to. Their technician took care of the problem quickly and I haven’t had a problem since. They told me that when I call and I make them aware that I paid the extra miles, they'd call me back in an hour. They got hold of a technician and told me a technician will be in touch soon. They’ve always been very responsive. I’ve never had a technician that caused me any problem. There's been a virus that I’ve had them take care of or suddenly my computer shuts down and I can’t get it restarted. They always resolve whatever the issue is. It’s been a good experience and I have recommended My Computer Works to other people.

My Computer Works

So happy we could help you out, Retha! Thank you for the review.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

My Computer Works has people who have always helped me whenever I call them. When I request for service, their rep calls me back and I tell him the problem. They always deal with it. They are very polite and quick. I'm 66, so sometimes, I ask stupid questions and they don't care. One time, my computer kept turning itself off and I had to turn it back on. They went through all the programs I had and any kind of strange ware that showed up, they took it out and then it stopped doing it. It was fixed. Overall, they do a great job and I’m completely satisfied with them.

My Computer Works

Thank you for your review, Roberta!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I got My Computer Works through HomeAdvisor and requesting their service was not difficult at all. My issue was I had those inbox "lock up" things that you have to use, the inbox "fix it" tool, which I couldn't find. The gentleman who ended up helping me was very efficient. He found that the inbox repair tool and put the little icon on my desktop so that I wouldn't have trouble finding it again. I couldn't be happier with the help he gave me. I was 100% satisfied and very pleased with the work that was done. I haven't had the same type of issue since and I'm confident that if I do, I just go to that little thing that he put on the desktop for me. I would recommend them.

My Computer Works

Vic, we are so happy to have you as a client. Thank you for giving us a 5 star review!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I’m a real estate agent and when I have problems with the computer, My Computer Works' usually something I need to be resolved quickly. I know other people that are in real estate that also use them and I've referred them to a number of people. They have a call center where sometimes my call gets answered and sometimes it goes to a voicemail. Then, I give them my name and they'd have my account number. They have a queue wherein they used to send me an email saying what number I was in the queue. But, I don’t even pay attention to that anymore because I went with their one-hour service.

Recently, I had a software hiccup which My Computer Works deals with too aside from hardwares. So anything related to the computer, they have people who know how to solve the problem and they always get everything resolved. They have good and competent people. There had been times when it took a time or two but the issue's usually resolved in one session. They are very dependable and reliable and they have different levels of service. It’s worth paying a little bit extra to get the service within the hour and if I have an issue, they stay with it until it’s resolved. I’m happy with them. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be with them for 10 years. Overall, it’s a good enterprise and it’s extremely helpful for me. When I need help right away, they’ve always provided it for me.

My Computer Works

Ralph, thank you for review!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My Computer Works had to redo my computer. They were really good at what they’re doing. I got a billing issue one time and they were quick about getting it done and letting me know what had happened. They were extremely patient with me because I'm not really good at describing computer stuff. Their service is also reasonably priced.

Thank you for the review!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I think Anthony, the tech did a great job on my PC. Very courteous and professional. I would recommend My Computer Works to my friends, or anyone for that matter. Thanks for the good work. He cleared all of the junk from my PC.

My Computer Works

Sharon, thank you for the 5 star review!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have a positive experience with My Computer Works and they’re the best. I have a Windows 7 desktop and it’s overheating, and it keeps shutting me off. So, they tried to get that set and told me to put a little fan back there. It’s in a room but there’s no air-conditioning and they said the issue might have been when the desktop got hot, it got hot in the house. I’m trying to transfer to a Windows 10 and I’m afraid to use it but I’m forced to because the 7 keeps bumping me offline. Dave worked on the Windows 10 and he helped me get the printer hooked up. And then they cleaned up the computer and put a Malwarebytes on it. 99% of their staff is very patient and understanding. They’ll go over a couple of times with me to make sure I have it right. I love them. They are professional and always supportive.

My Computer Works

Happy to help, Cathy. Thank you for the review!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I’ve been using My Computer Works for years and I’m very happy with them. They’re very prompt whenever we request for service and their reps are great.

My Computer Works

We are happy we could help! Thank you for reviewing us, April!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My Computer Works is wonderful and they are always unbelievably helpful. They are a value. If I call them once or twice a year, it's expensive considering that it costs a few cents short of $30 a month. However, when I do need them, requesting service is very easy and there's somebody there to respond. Plus, they're very good at what they do. They put my computer through its paces and gets it working again. I can’t ask for more than that.

My Computer Works

Ross, thank you for the review!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Three weeks ago I had some software issues. My Computer Works hooked up and fixed it for me. When my old CPU crashed and I had to buy a new one they also helped me download from the external hard drive that I had to my new PC. Everything’s working fine. I call them and generally I have to set an appointment because they stay busy. And then they will call back within the hour of that appointment time. They have never failed doing that. The techs are very cooperative and they help. I'm satisfied and I feel confident that the problem has been resolved. If any of my friends is having PC problems I would tell them to give My Computer Works a call.

My Computer Works

Thank you for your review, Carol!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I had an experience with My Computer Works a month ago and it was fine. I scheduled the service with their rep and the technician who called was easy to understand. They took over the computer and for the most part, fixed it really quickly. I have been with them for 15 years and they addressed the issues that I needed so I continue to use them. I have referred several people to them, including family members. It's convenient, local, and worth the money.

My Computer Works

Sidney, we are always happy to help. Thank you for your 5 start review!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My Computer Works has been over-the-top in everything. We are illiterate when it comes to a lot of these stuff and they have helped us in so many situations and solved the issue every time. They have helped us change computers, back up stuff and then reload it on a new computer which we've done twice. They are very responsive. They call back in a reasonable amount of time and stick with it until they get it done. It is very easy to request for service. I call their number and if I don't want to wait, I just leave my number and they'll call me back within an hour.

They do things for us that are not really part of the contract or part of the service and never hesitate. We never had anything they wouldn't deal with. It’s been a very good experience and we’ve been on them for at least five years. The setup and my anti-virus thing are both good. We had issues that we're not capable of dealing with and they took care and cleaned it up. They make recommendations and I trust them because of their experience and they haven't steered me wrong. I've recommended them all the time.

My Computer Works

We are glad you enjoyed our service! Thank you for your review, Randall.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

My computer was real slow and had a bunch of garbage on it. It was an older computer with a 17” screen. It is about eight years old but it's still a good laptop. So, I gave My Computer Works a call to try and get it all cleaned up. When I requested the service, they answered all my questions. They did away with a lot of viruses and a lot of programs that were on there. Their rep told me what to expect and what he was going to do. Each area that he went into, he explained to me why I didn't need it and he explained things that I could do myself in the future. He did a good job and sped the computer up a little bit. It is still slow but it's 100% better than what it was. It was a really good experience. If I needed any service, I'd give them another call.

My Computer Works

We want to thank you for your suggestions and it is something we are striving for. Also, thank you for the review Ricardo!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My Computer Works is a great service to have. I'd call them to request a service and if nobody picks up, I'd leave a message. They'd call me back and we'd set up a schedule that fits my time. I'd log them into the computer and then I leave. They'd call me when they're done, updating of what they have to do. Their technicians are knowledgeable and if they don't know the answer to something, they'll look it up. Recently, I was having problems with my printer. I needed to replace the ink and the technician and I went over it step-by-step, looking what we could find and then we finally figured it out.

The CEO reached out to me a couple of weeks ago and I gave him some suggestions on how to make his business better. One more thing that they need to do is, on a periodic basis, to have the technicians reach out to us, go over and check our computer to see if there's anything they need us to know and do. They need the anti-virus turned on on our machine. They need to become more proactive and less reactive. I never got a routine check-up and it was only when I called them. Other than that, they are a great organization and I'm getting my money's worth.

My Computer Works

Lorraine, thank you for your 5 star review!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I bought a new computer and My Computer Works transferred everything from my old one into the new and set everything up for me. I asked them before if they could do it and they said yes, I just had to call them. Their reps were also wonderful, always well with my computer and any issue I have, and they helped me 100%. I felt very satisfied and confident after working with them. It was an excellent experience and I would recommend My Computer Works to anyone.

My Computer Works

Sherry, we are happy we can always help you out. Thank you for the review!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I have been with My Computer Works from the start. The way I found out about them was when they sent a representative to a business networking group in Arizona. I was in that networking group and then I decided that I needed somebody because I could not figure my computer out but even if I could, I don't want to. That's not what makes me money trying to spend hours working on my computer. So far, I spend $29.95 then I have a $9.95 back up so it's $40 a month. And then I just call in for everything and they are absolutely unbelievable.

Though the tech themselves have different personalities and they all handle it just a tiny bit different, they are all great. I never had a complaint. They know me since I have been doing this for so long. One time, my computer came on and it has this warning saying call this number or you'll lose. I'm smart enough not to call that number and instead, called Computer Works, so they took care of that. They solved it that day.

Also, whenever I call, they go in and they check everything on my computer. They take care of it right away and solve everything in a day or less. Overall, I would recommend them to anybody. In fact, I have gifted people six months of service because they said, they just couldn't afford the $29.95. I told them it's a free country and they can decide if that's worth the money for them or not. So far, every one of them has stayed.

My Computer Works

Jack, we are glad you enjoy our service! We look forward to working with you again! Thank you for your review.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I've been working with My Computer Works for six years now and my experience with them was wonderful. I was having trouble finding my Windows Moviemaker and they helped me find it. Most of the time I love requesting for service. I go on the computer and tell them that I need help. They would send a message saying that they'll get back with me within 60 minutes. But sometimes it takes two or three hours to get a call. I'm paying for a premium they are supposed to call back within one hour and I get perturbed when it takes a long time to finally get back to me. But my interaction with the reps is usually very good and their performance was excellent.

My Computer Works

We are so happy we could help you out. Hubert. Thank you fro your review!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I'm very happy with the service I've received and I really appreciate you guys. This was the worse virus I ever came across, and I thought this PC was done for, but you guys really saved me this time. Thanks again.

My Computer Works

Greg, we are so happy we were able to solve your problem! Thank you for the review!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I had a virus on my computer claiming to be Microsoft and threatening to crash everything. They wanted me to call a number to fix the issue, which I knew was a scam. My Computer Works fixed the issue. They were very polite and very professional on the phone. The Tech gentlemen on the phone explained everything and walked me through everything I needed to do to get my screen clear. Then he explained that he would call me back in a couple of hours and update me on removing the virus and any other potential threats there might be on my computer. He called back and he said it was all resolved and call again if I have any other issues that arise in the future.

My Computer Works

Tony, we are so glad that we could help! Thank you for your review and we look forward to working with you in the future.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

In my experience, their customer service has been very good. It began when I had an issue with installing a keyboard. I wasn't very clever in the way I did it, but they put it right. My recent issue is mostly fixed and it just seems to happen. When I took a look this morning, the backup was done Everything seems to have happened almost automatically. I've had a couple of occasions when I wanted help and they've always been readily available. I'm very pleased to have them and have nothing but applause.

My Computer Works

We are happy we could help you! Susan, thank you for your review.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Help with installing a WeChat app - My first experience with this company was great. I had a money-back guarantee if they didn't solve my problem. Cody **, the technician, helped me. He listened and was patient, efficient, and explained what I needed to do. My problem was resolved, and I liked the remote support a lot. I couldn't have figured out how to do this on my own. So, I definitely recommend My Computer Works services.

Thank you for the review!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I've been a customer of MCW for a few years now. I probably contact them more than most since I knew nothing about computers until a few yrs. ago. I have never had a bad experience with any of their techs. They have always been very professional, very polite and very patient. They have never talked down to me or like I'm a dummy (even though I am when it comes to computers). Like so many will in that situation. My Computer Works has the best people working for them.

My Computer Works

Thank you for the 5 start review, Vicki!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I was unable to sync my computer to my wireless printer when I got a new modem. I needed to file tax returns and I couldn't wait so I had to call whoever would come and whoever called me back first got the job. I called a couple of people and left a message and then My Computer Works called me right back. The tech walked me through it. He was a really sweet, confident, and calm guy who helped me and understood what I was saying. I told him I was totally technologically-challenged. He said, "Okay. If you don't mind, I'll sign on to your computer and I'll fix it faster." I said okay and he did. I could see when he was on and when he got off. I felt safe letting him do that and I was very pleased. I would call them again except I really would prefer to use someone locally. I would definitely recommend My Computer Works.

My Computer Works

Thank you for your review!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I check with My Computer Works every three months and they go through everything. They bail me out if I have any problems. They unload anything that’s on there that shouldn’t be on there and they get rid of stuff that I don’t know how to get rid of as far as junk that slows the computer down. They also check all of my files and everything, make sure that there’s nobody trying to get in the back door. Also, if I want to get rid of something or add something, they show me how it works. They show me tricks of how to get to different things. The team easy to work with. Anyone that I’ve dealt with, they didn't try to rush me or anything. They’re very easy going and they listen to my problems and that’s what I like about them. They aren’t condescending and aren't trying to push anything on you. I also like that if I have any questions I can call them, they’ll answer the question, or call me in whatever that I need.

My Computer Works

We are so happy we could help you out! Thank you for the review!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I had three techs help me, Mark, Walter and the third was Anthony. All three were very professional and courteous. Anthony the last of the three was exceptional, he explained everything and guided me through icons, a very patient man and I thank him for that, and yes I would glad recommend your company to any of my friends or anyone that is needing computer help. Thank you.

My Computer Works

Happy we could help! Thank you for your review.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I could not get into my desktop without a password. It was put on by the company where I bought the computer. But it was so long ago that the place where I bought it has changed management and they changed location. When I called, they didn't want to handle it. they can't send somebody out here. The CPU has to be brought to them then they'll figure out what the problem ws. And that's a lot of trouble. So I called a number that was in the yellow pages. It said, "My computer won't work". It's a good attention-getter. It was My Computer Works and the guy that came was very good. He's in his 40's, was neatly dressed and was very polite. I needed the password removed and he did what I asked him to do. He fixed the problem. And it was quick.

My Computer Works

Thank you for your review, Gary!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I like My Computer Works because I know somebody on the other end will work on my computer. Typically, I explain the problem and then they work on my computer while I'm away from it. And then they call me during different phases of it and will explain what they're doing and what's happening. Sometimes I'll have to ask another question or so but they're good about following up. They typically respond within a day too. So far, they’ve resolved any issues that I've had.

Thank you for the review!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My Computer Works solved my problem. They have very cordial and knowledgeable representatives. I’ve had an excellent experience and will continue to return for their service.