Customer Reviews

4.88/5
based on 108 ratings
Read more reviews

My Computer Works

Thank you Barbara for your great review! We are so happy that we are the company you can rely on!

Original review: March 18, 2017

I was having an email problem; went to see the Geeks; they couldn't fix it. They checked my hard drive and said everything was good. They couldn't fix my email problem because they don't work on Microsoft at the store; they would have to come to my house for an additional $100!!! I contacted My Computer Works. They were absolutely the best. Their fees are very responsible; their technician was knowledgeable; and my computer was fixed in no time. Not only did they fix it, they found malware; tuned up my computer and it runs much faster. I highly recommend using this company.

5.00/5

I've been using My Computer Works for at least a year now. Some of the issues I had were pretty simple and I knew what to do. But when I couldn't think of a solution, I call them. They instruct me on what I should do, then I follow and it solves the problem. Sometimes, the solution took a little longer for some of the problems that I had, but they always solved them. However, I had issues with my computer being a little bit slow and freezing recently. I had them look at it before, but they can't figure it out either. Everyone told me there was nothing wrong with it but it kept freezing. The guys at My Computer Works were very helpful, though, and they went through everything that they can go through. But the freezing issue was evidently something that was hiding 3,000 feet deep. Otherwise, my experience with them has been very positive in every way and I'm very happy. That's why I try to get other people to go on My Computer Works too.

5.00/5

After calling other computer repair services listed in the yellow pages and either not getting through or being placed on hold for extended periods, I finally called My Computer Works and requested assistance. My computer was slow to turn on, slow to upload files and documents, I was constantly receiving Blue Screen Stop Codes and at other times it would lock up and I had to turn it off for a while.

My Computer Works came through, and after 4-5 hours of technical work, they got my system up and running like a race horse. Now it doesn't take forever to power up and navigate between screens and the like. So far I haven't had any Blue Screens and I honestly don't believe that I will. My Computer Works technicians were great. They were polite, courteous and definitely focused on the task at hand. I will be with My Computer Works for a long time.

5.00/5

Switched service from old laptop to new one. As always, techs were great to work with and helpful. I have used this service for about 4 yrs now and have been bailed out a few times when things were bogging down. I am very pleased with the service.

5.00/5

I recently was having problems getting the pages lined up on my screen the way I wanted them. It was an incredibly simple, elementary problem. But I'm not a computer gal so I didn't know how to do it. They were very patient with that and that's not the kind of service that I necessarily get from other places that want you to leave the computer with them and they'll fix the problem for you. So, they educate you on how to use the computer, in addition to the technical issues. The work they perform is excellent. My computer stays up and running and functional. I'm thrilled because I got tired of going to local people that just can't work on it immediately. I paid for the "come within half an hour" service and it's definitely worth the extra $10. They have it so I don't have to wait.

I absolutely recommend them to all my friends and family. Years ago, their techies got so overburdened that at that time, they weren't calling me back within the hour. But that only lasted for a couple of months. They didn't know Windows was going to come out with a new version and they have not hired enough staff for that. I've worked with the company for 5 years and they have grown and matured and adapted and improved their service.

5.00/5

You are going to love this outfit! It took a while, but it was well worth the wait. These folks are so very thorough and I couldn't be happier! My computer acts like it's new!. I've tried company's that aren't here in the U.S. and have been disappointed, you won't be sorry signing up with My Computer Works.

4.00/5

Recently my terminal wasn't working and I called My Computer Works to do that. The guy noticed that it was pretty slow and took some time to fix that. Somehow, we got the computer running. However, I need to call them again and again to get some more changes. My computer's running slow right now but I'm sure they would solve that, although I have to be home for a day to make that happen. I'm impressed with how long they can spend a case. Sometimes they spend an hour and a half getting my computer fixed. They're always busy and getting service is never instant. But I clean more and I'm on a level where they promised to call back in a half hour, although sometimes it's more than that, but it doesn't bother me. So far, I've gotten very good service from them and I'm glad I got them. I hope the prices don't go up, though.

5.00/5

I was having problems with my computer staying on and My Computer Works cleaned it up for me. Requesting for the service was pretty easy. The service guy that came out was really good. He was friendly and knowledgeable enough. He got right on it and did a great job. My computer is now a lot better than what it was.

5.00/5

I have a Mac and I also have a PC that operates like a virtual PC within that Mac. I had a problem with the slowness of the PC side and so I contacted My Computer Works to fix it. Getting someone from their company to remote in or come and fix my computer was easy. Also, the quality of their work was excellent and their techs were very qualified. They were able to solve the issues I had for the most part.

5.00/5

When my printer wasn't working right, My Computer Works resolved the issue. I don't know enough about techs if they could be done faster but they always get the job done. It's always done remotely. If they have people scattered around the country, that's good to know because sometimes there's a wait but the thing comes out and says, "You are number 17 in the queue." So, they make you aware that there might be a wait and that's not so bad. The performance of my computer has always been good after repair. The techs that I deal with on the phone are always very polite and professional without being overly formal. They're friendly and they're good people.

5.00/5

Easy to understand instructions given, Explained issues completely. Went through preventive options in a thorough manner. Returned calls in a timely manner. Patient with me as I try to follow instructions. Recommended that should update more frequently. Good advice. Will use again.

5.00/5

I've been receiving service from this company for a number of years now, and it is always outstanding. The office staff is courteous and efficient. Their techs respond quickly and pinpoint the problem right away. They are very knowledgeable at what they do. Before you know it they have your computer up and running with no problem. For what they do, I think their prices are also very reasonable. I feel so comfortable knowing they're there. I consider them to be my lifeline and I would recommend them wholeheartedly to anyone.

5.00/5

Your company and your employees are absolutely FANTASTIC!! I could not get your return calls for some odd reason when I called for help but your wonderful staff hung with me for 2 days and we prevailed! Everyone who I had contact with were delightful and kind. And as usual my virus was fixed with incredible speed along with a thorough computer checkup. Ryan was my technician and I rate him as intelligent and talented in the computer field. Thank you all again!

5.00/5

My printer went offline and I didn't know what to do. And so, I called up My Computer Works and they fixed it for me remotely. I'm very slow with technology and they seemed very patient with me. I also appreciate that they allowed me to be stupid about the technology. They took care of me without making fun of me.

My Computer Works

Thank you Marty for the great review. We are so glad that our tech could make sure your computer was running faster :)

Original review: March 6, 2017

Requesting a service took a matter of minutes from the time I called in until I got a rep. I had him call me back and then he took control of the computer. My computer was really slow in the startup and in changing programs. So the guy in Computer Works did a review of the scan of the startup programs and took some things out. I had a couple of programs there which I didn't know that I didn't need, he identified them and took them out. So the computer works very well now.

5.00/5

When I had several different issues, My Computer Works was very helpful. I'm not so sure about the last one, though, and I called them a couple of times on it. They're aware of the issue and it happens that a portion of it is a tougher problem to solve, but they are more than willing to help and they're trying to figure that out. The guys there are always very friendly too and I would recommend them.

5.00/5

I've been with My Computer Works for about 30 years. Before I retired, Taylor used to take care of me. Now, Crystal, the lady that worked with me was excellent. We tried to work on the old computer but it did not work out right. So, I got rid of the computer and got a new one. On a Sunday, she spent the whole time with me and she put it to work. Now, I'm in the city and I'm working. Everything is in that computer so all I have to do is glance at it. They have done an excellent job and I'm very proud of them. I always tell everybody about them.

5.00/5

Each technician has listened attentively to my concerns and helped remedy any issues expeditiously. I was paying too much for an anti-virus and anti-malware program and the team at My Computer Works helped install a much better solution. I highly recommend their service to anyone that relies on a functioning and secure computer every day.

5.00/5

I have been with My Computer Works (MCW) since 2008 and it was the best decision I ever made. The technicians are professional and very skilled and able to perform great service in correcting, updating, and fixing all problems associated with computers. Most enjoyable is not staying on the phone once they are connected to the computer. They will call back once the problem is solved. Great company and I recommend MCW to anyone who needs pros. to help in keeping your computer free from viruses and computer problems.

5.00/5

I run a business and I can't operate without my computers. A week ago, my desktop was giving me issues. It wasn't responding to me, running slowly and locking up. And so, I decided to contact My Computer Works to help me resolve it. Requesting their service was an easy process. I dialed them up and they put me in a queue. Within 30 minutes, I got a callback and they talked to me about it. The technician took control of the computer and called me back when it was all finished.

Sometimes what they do would take 45 minutes to an hour depending on what they run into. Nevertheless, I'm happy about it because they check computer speed, anti-virus and do some diagnostics on the system to make sure everything is up to snuff. I keep My Computer Works on call and they're there when I need them. When I have a problem, they fix it.

I'm a big fan of theirs and I tell my friends and family about them. It's $25 or $30 to fix a computer. For some people, $250 or $300 a year is a big deal. You can go buy a computer for that money. However, it's a nightmare to switch out computers. I don't want to do that because I don't have the time. I'd rather spend the money and have My Computer Works on call. Still, every few years I'd switch one computer out. It's a big mess but My Computer Works is there to make the transition for me and help me get it done.

5.00/5

I'm one of the original customers of My Computer Works. And I never have to worry about my computer. Sometimes there are longer waits than others but I understand that and with the exception of one person many years ago who I wrote in about, everybody's been really awesome. They've also been very patient. I don't need to sit and watch the mouse twirl around, so I always ask them to do their thing and call me back and they do. Some of them have worked past 10:00 at night and I've reminded them that I hope they're getting paid for overtime. But I guess they were in the middle of something and didn't want to leave it. And I appreciate that a lot. However, I don't know if the backup thing has been worth anything to me. I feel like it's a waste of money but I'm afraid to not do it. And I know there are a lot of cheaper products out there than a $120 a year. But I have recommended them.

My Computer Works

Yay! Thank you so much for the great review Joe. We are so happy that you finally got the help that you deserved :)

Original review: March 2, 2017

A couple of years ago my computer crashed and I had reached the end of my rope trying to deal with local "fixers" who were glad to take my money but did not or could not get my computer up and running again. I happened upon MCW almost by accident (on the internet) and decided to give them a try almost as a last resort. They were very courteous, patient, and enthusiastic and had a "can do" attitude from the very beginning. They took care of my problems in an efficient and professional manner. I really like the fact that they cleaned things up for me by working in the background and not involving me in a lot of technical jargon which I would not have understood anyway. I have recently renewed my service with them because now, My Computer (finally) Works!

5.00/5

This particular request for service concerned downloading pics from my android phone. It was always a problem for me but the tech knew exactly what to do. It was a simple solution, but that's not what the tech did best: HE DID NOT MAKE ME FEEL STUPID. In fact he explained that my frustration with the question was very common. My grown kids think I am a dinosaur. I came to know computers and mobile devices very late in my life and the learning curve is steep and high. All the techs at MCW have been great. Been using them for almost 10 years now. I recommend them highly.

My Computer Works

We will make sure to tell him that! Thank you for the wonderful review Wilma. It was very kind of you!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Walter not only has the tech skills, but also has excellent communication skills. He listened to me about what I needed & gave me several simple tips that will enable me to work on my laptop faster. Even bookmarked his tips so I could look at them later.

My Computer Works

Wow! We are overwhelmed by how amazing this response was! Thank you for taking the time to really review our company. We will always continue to strive for excellence and a better response time.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

All the things you have on your computer that you could lose make this kind of a service a very valued one. I've been a subscriber with My Computer Works for almost four years and they've been good to me for a long time. I had a pop-up window of my computer that said I had a Zeus virus. I worked from home so I didn’t want to have any risks. I went ahead and called My Computer Works. It wasn’t a full-blown virus but they cleared all the things that could potentially accumulate on my computer so that I wouldn't have a virus that would shut down my computer. The tech was on the computer for a little while, but by the time he was done, everything was good.

Some of the computer techs are more personable than others while some are very introverted. Then there are others that are a little bit more talkative. But I can be fine with somebody that doesn’t talk a lot and somebody that does as long as they get the problem fixed. They do seem to have a multilevel tech. There are some techs that are more experienced than others and sometimes it looks like they're working on my issue maybe while they're uploading an update or a new driver on my computer. They might be working on somebody else’s is what it looks like, just because sometimes I saw my screen kind of sit for a little bit.

They got a broad range of hours so that’s good. But as their business picks up and gets busier, sometimes you might have a longer wait which would be the only downfall. But they try to make it within an hour. Overall, for the money, you can't beat what services you're getting from them.

My Computer Works

Thank you so much for your review Joan. We really appreciate the kind words and are so glad that you got the help that you needed!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

MCW turned out to be the greatest place to help me! The first tech got it started to fix my computer and the second tech the next day finished it up... all my computer connection with the internet! They were very knowledgeable and knew what they were doing. And American!... Lol.

My Computer Works

We are so glad that you were able to fix your issue with us Peg. Thank you for the amazing review and we would more than happy to help you any time you need.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Clogged printer - When I called they got back to me in minutes. After trying several things that didn't work I was asked to hang up while he researched the problem. When he called back he walked me through the solution to the problem, patiently and kindly. Since I am not comfortable navigating computer issues, I was especially appreciative of the nonjudgmental support.

My Computer Works

We are so happy that you're satisfied with with our services Marilyn. Thank you for your amazing review!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

I've been having My Computer Works for five years. I just had them check everything for me. I had a specific problem that they needed to look at and they fixed it. The techs are knowledgeable and they do a good job. However, they're getting so busy that the queue is around 20 people and I'm lucky if I get called the day I tell them about the problem. But mine isn't always that critical so I can live with it. I hope they don't raise the price though. I'm at $29.95 a month and that's year after year. Also, I'm a realtor so they help me with stuff like that too. I am very satisfied and I would tell anybody to use them. I always tell people that I have help when I need it.

5.00/5

One of the files on my computer got corrupted somehow and I had no idea how or why. In order for several of my programs to work, I have to be able to connect to Microsoft which it wouldn't do. I went through everything I could think of from turning the computer off to turning it back on but it didn't work. I contacted Microsoft to see if they would help me fix it and they wanted $40 before they would even talk to me. That was not right. I called My Computer Works and I asked if they could fix it. It took the technician 15-20 minutes and he fixed it.

I've had this service for many years and this is the second time that I contacted My Computer Works for some kind of problem that I couldn't figure out how to fix. They always figure it out and are always nice when I call. They come down to my level and I get a kick out of watching them work mainly because all the things that I did. The tech went through the same process such as trying to hook up and he couldn't hook it up. He had to go somewhere else to hook it up. But the point is they were so sweet to me. Never once do I ever get any kind of hint of irritation with my stupidity. They have a sense of humor and they wanna help. I've never had a bit of trouble with My Computer Works. I keep telling my brother that it's the best thing since cherry pie and that he should get it.

My Computer Works

Thank you so much for the kind review Debra. We are more than happy to hear that our services went perfectly for you :)

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

This was the second day in a row that I contacted MCW. I was as pleased with the results today as I was yesterday. Walter was my tech both days. He handled things in a professional and friendly manner. My issues were resolved and I was also shown how to do a few things on my computer that I had not done before. Each issue was addressed so that I could easily understand them.