Customer Reviews

4.66/5
based on 445 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Very pleased with the customer service. From the first experience until the purchase of my washer. The price was affordable and in my budget. I was not pressured or pushed into my purchase. I had the allotted time to go and look. Thanks.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Good customer Service, also call to follow up. After Technician leave, I feel secure when appliances, electric e.t.c. not working properly. That one call do it all. Less stressful. I rest in peace. I just love it. Affordable. Every homeowner should have A.R.W. for security.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

After our Hot Water Tank went out for good which was when we found out that ARW could not cover it because it was more than 10 years old, we became sad because we had been without Hot Water in our home for sometime, and we had to take our 2-year-old to his Grandma house to bathe on a day to day basis which became very frustrated. But with the help of one of your employees he assisted us, which made everything so much better, knowing that we had to borrow monies that we did not have to purchase a new one, which cost quite a bit.

Your employee Mr. James **, assisted us when no one else would. Everyone else that we spoke to basically said that they would buy me out of my contract which I had just renewed it again, plus with upgrade the service for a better plan, which one of your reps talked us into buying, just to find out that they would not be able to help us. So after being so disappointed with everything at this point, Mr. ** made me feel at ease, because at this point I was almost ready to have been done with this company, but Mr ** went on to assisted us, which made me have second thoughts about sticking with this service.

Therefore you all can thank your employees for giving us a change of heart about ARW. I feel that he has went above and beyond the call of duty, when everyone else during this process has failed us. Therefore I give kudos to that young man. His Supervisors / Managers need to know, and realize how lucky they are to have individuals like him. Cause to be honest it's easier for customers to walk / run away from companies where the customer service at times aren't helpful, but I tell you, that you all need more individuals like him and Ms **, who has always assisted our Dad (Ed **) in the past. He was also the one to talk us in keeping the plan, because he has always said great things about ARW. He's an ARW advocate, lol. Again thank Mr. J. ** for everything he has assisted us with. Have a great weekend...

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The employees acted courteous and professional. They did a very good job getting to my house in a timely manner and fixing the air conditioner. They are nice people and were there when I needed them the to help me in the summer heat.

1/5  to 5/54
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 13, 2018

I must take this time to admit that American Residential Home Warranty read my complaint and immediately contacted us by phone to make things right. A Big Thank You to Gavin @American Residential Home Warranty Company for the prompt phone calls and righting a situation that I knew for sure was a disaster with no positive outcome. It is all about Customer Service and they hit a Grand Slam on this one. We are happy customers and would highly recommend this warranty company to strangers, family and friends. Five thumbs up!!!!

Original review: July 13, 2018

If the warranty company schedules an appointment on your behalf and later finds out that the company servicing the customer’s claim is not open on that particular day that was scheduled then to me it would only make sense for them to contact the customer to let them know that the date they scheduled is not available with the contractor and to see what other date would work for the paying customer. Lost a whole day of work because they failed to communicate with the paying customer to advise the scheduled service date was changed and if the new date they chose was convenient or not for the paying customer.

This is very poor customer service on their part which makes a very dissatisfied customer. I guess happy customers don’t matter much these days but thank goodness for competitors. Paying customers do have other companies to choose from so they need to keep that in mind if they value their customers and make it standard policy that they communicate any and all changes with the customer who is paying for their services.

5.00/5

Original review: July 11, 2018

Replace garbage disposal: The technician was professional and efficient in making the repairs. The technician was prepared in having all equipment with him when he made the call. We were notified that he was coming and was prompt. We did have to wait a couple of days to get the issue fixed due to the holiday.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Was really good at getting our air conditioner fixed. Willis and son was so nice to us and went out their way to see we had air. I am very satisfied with the way our claim was handled. I highly recommend American Residential home warranty.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I have nothing but good news to describe how my claim was handled. I had given up on being refunded but your Representative named Grant did not give up. He stayed on my claim until he got it resolved. Thanks to Grant and the American Residential Warranty family.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We have been very pleased with your company and the employees have been very helpful. We have a bad experience with one company, but other than that everything has been fine. We appreciate everything that you have done. Thus far everything has been. We have recommended two friend that have it now.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Thanks American Residential Warranty (ARW) for sending a professional, well trained plumbing company to fix my bathtub leak. My problem was diagnosed and fixed within an hour. ARW promptly followed-up to make certain I was satisfied with the work performed. Please keep up the great work!

5.00/5

Original review: July 3, 2018

American home warranty, (to me) was a very pleasant, and exceptional experience. My plumbing problem was repaired in an untimely manner. From the beginning to the end. When my plumbing problem was first reported, I was treated with professionalism. The person that, answered my initial call was most pleasant and patient. I was assured that my problems would be fixed. I was also impressed with the contractor. He was pleasant and professional, in my personal opinion.

5.00/5

Original review: June 30, 2018

The two men who responded to my complaint arrived very fast and within 20 minutes our garage door was back at 100% performance. They knew just what to do, were friendly and efficient. I am happy to be an American Residential member. My cost for this 200 dollar job was only 55.00 as promised. Thank you American Residential Warranty.

5.00/5

Original review: June 28, 2018

On all fronts, far exceeded my some 30 years of 'service' with American Home Shield. Was not put on interminable hold like AHS which I finally had to fire after using them in CA and LA on residence and rentals over the years. Prompt, competent service providers.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Jacuzzi Coverage - We were having an issue getting a company to come out through ARW. After dealing with this for several weeks I got in touch with the company and talked with Yoldine. Yoldine was very professional and went above and beyond to help take care of our issues. Thank you Yoldine!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I would say each time I’ve had to report an issue to this company I’ve gotten courteous customer service. Unfortunately sometimes it’s taken longer to rectify some of my service calls than others but for the most part, I’m satisfied with the company because they’ve always rectified the issue.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Our washer stopped working all the sudden so I used the American residential warranty. I was reluctant to opening another account with the home warranty companies because it never benefited me and when I would try to use the warranty I would pay the service fee and it wouldn’t be covered so I was out of more money than necessary. But after reading the reviews on American Residential Warranty I thought I’ll give them a try which brings us back to the washer issue... After they sent the repair company to my home to check it and I paid the service fee, come to find out that it was unrepairable so I was like here we go... To my surprise the home warranty company offer to pay up to $450 for a new one or send me a check to help toward buying a new one! I was totally surprised and it brought my confidence up in this company. I would refer them to anyone and everyone! Hands down they are the best Home warranty company I’ve heard of!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have 2 things going on. My call was taken care of in a timely manner. The contractor got back to me shortly after, and scheduled a time convenient for me. Very professional, called prior to showing up. Explained everything, replaced everything very quickly. I would highly recommend!

Original review: June 26, 2018

The service rep was very courteous and knowledgeable about the problem with the dryer. He repaired it quickly and it has worked great since. He answered questions I had in a very professional manner. I would be happy to recommend ARW.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Customer service was very good. The gentleman was on time as he said he would. To me that says lot. I would recommend this company to other. Should I need American Residential Warranty again I will be calling them again. Thank you very much.

5.00/5

Original review: June 25, 2018

Very prompt and pleasant response. Would highly refer to others, family and friends. The response time is very fast. The company that comes out are very timely and professional. So overall I would say this is a very good company to be associated with.

5.00/5

Original review: June 24, 2018

I have the highest praise for ARW, when I called to make a claim the service was set and the gentleman was on time. He went straight to work and he had my ice-maker working again. The service is really better than some of friends, I keep telling them they need to change and sign up with American Residential Warranty. I would recommend ARW to anybody who will listen to me.

5.00/5

Original review: June 23, 2018

Microwave stopped functioning, it would run, but would not heat. You arranged for a repairman to come out. He could not fix the problem, he kept checking the same thing over and over, went to get parts, finally he ordered a part and it took 8 days to get part. When he installed the part it failed to fix the microwave. Personal opinion, he did not know how to fix it. My Wife ask him if it would not be cheaper to replace the microwave via replacing expensive parts that fail to correct the problem. His inability to correct the problem has no bearing on American Warranty.

Your company called us to suggest that the microwave be replaced. It was replaced by Lowe's by Lowe's repairman. The microwave functions perfect. We are very satisfied with American Warranty. We simply will suggest to you if we have a problem in the future to not contact the same repair facility. We filed his name and company so that we may furnish it to you if we need a repair. We have had a few things that have had to be repaired and we are VERY SATISFIED WITH AMERICAN WARRANTY. You are polite, and helpful. Thank you for that.

5.00/5

Original review: June 22, 2018

I was please with the work that was done on my washer dryer. He was on time, very professional and would recommend American Residential Warranty to anyone because I am please with the services. I got very happy.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Did not have any trouble at all. The people are fantastic. I did not have to worry about a thing. The job got done with no complications at all. All I did was call them up and they took care of everything.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I recently submitted a claim request to American Residential for my downstairs air conditioning that was not working. A repair serviceman was at my home I believe the day after I called. He fixed the AC in a couple of hours. He was so polite as well as professional. I am so pleased with the company they sent which was Gray's AC Service & Repairs. He was also very thorough, making sure that the AC was cooling properly after he repaired it. I am really exceptionally pleased, as well as the AC has been running perfect ever since.

5.00/5

Original review: June 20, 2018

I called American Warranty at 8 A.M. The tech. got to me at 845 A.M. Fixed the AC in 20 min. Great work! I would recommend very fast to a friend. I have never at a tech. work so fast. Very nice and professional. He check the all my AC. Thank you.

Original review: June 19, 2018

When I called in for a claim the representative was very nice and knowledgeable. She filed my claim and got me on my way in a timely manner. The technician was knowledgeable and nice. He repaired the problem in a timely manner.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Residential Warranty customer service was great, friendly. They helped with my a/c problem. The tech was on time and provided good service. I would recommend this company. You will be happy. Good, good, good, service. I am pleased also.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My experience thus far with American Residential Warranty has been great. They have provided me with great customer service and solutions to items that I needed to be repaired. They go out of their way to make sure that their customer's needs have been met.

5.00/5

Original review: June 16, 2018

He was really nice and helped me understand that there was nothing wrong (Ice maker). That there was just a switch flipped that was causing the problem. Because of him I now know what to do if it happens again, but also I know who to call if it’s not that.