5.00/5

My previous hearing aids were stolen and I had to replace them. I talked to Embrace about buying hearing aids from them and they said they were gonna be like my old ones. These were half the price of my previous ones and they’re excellent. Also, with my old one, the one I put on the right ear has that little red paint on it and there’s more red paint on this one, so it’s much easier to see. It was an improvement over the old one. I have partial hearing loss and when I’m in a bar, for example, these hearing aids work pretty darn good. I’m totally satisfied. I’ve told several of my friends that they should go to Embrace to buy hearing aids.

5.00/5

I have severe hearing loss on both ears and in choosing hearing aids, the pricing was the main thing. Hearing aids are expensive. There’s no way around that. But going through a local provider was about twice as expensive as buying from Embrace. I paid a little over $3,000 for the set-up I have now. Through other companies, it would have been $6,000 to $7,000. With Embrace, I had to go get a separate hearing test at a local company to be able to send in. After that, I don’t know if there would have been any difference in me having to go to an actual brick-and-mortar store as it was online. But it worked out good and I’d recommend others to check out Embrace.

The people that I work with at Embrace have provided everything that I've needed. I didn’t have any issues with sales or service. They also followed up to make sure the thing was all right. I got the H-700 and it has helped a lot. I couldn’t continue to keep my commercial driver’s license without hearing aids so I had to purchase something to be able to pass the physical. Now that I have them, I've been able to get my physical and I’m able to drive commercially. I also like the Bluetooth feature for the phone. The hearing aids have helped with the phone and the TV controls. Those have helped me personally as much as anything else with family.

4.00/5

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I had a hearing aid way back when I was working in construction and it couldn’t work because I was in a very noisy environment. But I knew that I had a hearing drop so I went in and got another hearing aids from Embrace Hearing. Initially, I researched on the internet about them. I paid $2,800 for just one hearing aid back in 2008, so their price was right and I said I’d give them a try. So far, I'm relatively satisfied with my hearing aid. It fits behind the ear and has a little cone that goes inside the ear. I found out that it double beeps on every hour and I didn’t know that before. Then at midnight, it does several beeps. Also, the little ear piece was bent wrong to fit in my ear and if you look at it, it was like somebody did two rights. I kinda walked around and got it to where it worked, but it is hard to put in. Other than that, their team has been good and with my new hearing aid, I can hear the door squeaking again.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We're about 30 miles away from the audiologist that did my wife's hearing tests, and the idea that we could get hearing aids online would be an advantage to us. We researched a lot of sites and we got the best opinion of all of them was about Embrace. They seemed like a very good possibility with their customers reviews. Everything was excellent with their representatives. We were very pleased with the hearing aids because the rep was able to put them in her ears and everything seemed to be fine. She was really pleased with them.

My wife found the hearing aids from Embrace okay initially, but she's suspicious that it's not working, but we're going to try a couple more tests with a good blockage of the other ear. Other than that, the hearing aid in her right ear is working fine and she's been very pleased. With these things, if one is working, you can be unaware that the other one really isn't 100%. So that way, if the hearing aid hasn't been 100%, she wasn't aware of it because of the fact that she was always wearing the other one. Also, her hearing without hearing aids is still reasonably good, so with what she's feeling now, we'll have to do a more objective test. Other than that, we were completely satisfied dealing with Embrace and with the response we got, and with the delivery. In all those aspects, everything went well.

4.00/5

I did a hearing test, and my hearing loss was severe in my right ear and moderate in my left. My friend was satisfied with Embrace and recommended them to me. Also, I have been to other suppliers and the price was tremendously higher. Embrace's price was better than going to some of the other brands. I spoke with a gentleman who held himself out to be the owner, and he was very cooperative and helpful.

5.00/5

My hearing loss was considered profound and one hear had 60% going. It was pretty bad. I’ve used two other brands of hearing aids without much success. After wearing two different kinds of hearing aids, I found out about the hearing aids that have the receiver at the end of a wire, closer to your eardrum. My audiologist told me that would be the thing that I need in order to get a clearer hearing but their price was pretty high, so I looked online and shopped around. I wound up just phone calling Embrace. I went with them just by talking to the first person I talked to. He was very knowledgeable and he told me everything I needed to know and the things that I have already learned from experience. I knew that he was involved in it deep enough to know what’s going on. So, I was confident that I was gonna get a good deal out of it.

From what I’ve seen and talked about with my audiologist from before, Embrace's hearing aids are a comparable unit to the top-end hearing aids that I was offered and that was twice the price. I looked it up and studied it. As far as the technology and the capability of the electronics inside the hearing aids, Embrace's hearing aids are pretty much the same as what the high-end ones are. I got my hearing test records and faxed it to Embrace. Then, they sent me the unit and I had the hearing aids in three days.

The cost was half of what my audiologist told me I would have to spend and it's a feature that I liked. Also, the unit has a remote control with four channels that gives me four separate options as far as how much outside background noise I have. The hearing aids are great and Embrace's reps have been totally responsive every time I asked a question and they have been really easy to get ahold of. I'm 90% satisfied. I was hoping to get a little adjustment made to them but it has been very easy. It was easier than actually going to an audiologist.

5.00/5

I have partial hearing loss, but it's very serious and it's been going on for over 30 years. I was looking for hearing aids and Embrace had the best price. Their hearing aids cost one-third of what I've been paying for hearing aids. I contacted them and their reps gave me good advice. My hearing aid from Embrace is by far the best hearing aid I've ever had. I've had eight at least. When I've been with people, they notice a great difference. My sister and I went to Evansville to visit some family, and it's so great not to have to repeat everything three times.

5.00/5

My hearing was in the moderate range approaching severe in one ear. I didn’t realize the extent of the loss even though I wasn’t hearing so well until I started using the hearing aids. Now, when I put them in, I can hear the difference. I looked into two other companies, one referred by my health insurance and the other, I knew through personal experience. And based on the products I was offered, the product that Embrace Hearing offered was the most cost-effective and for the price of what I was getting, I was getting a better product. They were also very responsive to answer my questions and I had been talking to Embrace Hearing for several months until I decided to go with them. Also, my brother had used them and I knew that he was happy with it. I bought the highest end model, the behind the ear with a piece of wire that goes into the ear.

So far, I went with the Bluetooth feature and that way I'm able to use it to talk on the phone and to listen to audio. And I can raise and lower the volume and answer the phone through the Bluetooth which makes it a lot easier and adaptable for my usage. Also, part of why I went with Embrace Hearing was because I could not have afforded this Bluetooth. I could not have afforded it if I had gone with one or the other company. I did the credit card, so I'm paying it off, but Embrace Hearing's price was about half for what it would have cost for the same device, for the same features, for this kind of ability, the Bluetooth and the hearing aid on this end. Their reps were very informative and patient with me. They answered my questions. When they didn’t hear from me for a while, they contacted me to ask me if I needed anything. It was very helpful and I know that they're available if I have any further questions.

Since I got Embrace Hearing, when I'm listening to a phone call or talking on the phone, my hearing is a lot more accurate. Last time I went to a class and I couldn’t hear the teacher and then there were a lot of interrupting noise, such as a loud air conditioner and there wasn’t people talking but it was a very loud air conditioner blower going in the background. So, I used the Bluetooth to raise the volume and then I was able to hear the teacher. Whereas, before, I would have had to move up closely and I still might not have heard. I'm now able to participate in things more comfortably than before. It's giving me access to a kind of quality of life that I was missing.

I'm definitely getting what I'm paying for. I would have paid the same amount for something that would have been half as good if I had gone with the local guy who I trusted because I had contact with him with my mother-in-law who had very old hearing aids and we needed somebody to service them and I really trusted the local company. They were very, very good about support answering questions and doing adaptations for her. So, I was going to go with them, but then they offered me a product and it just didn’t have the capacity that I needed and it was about the same price of what I paid for my Embrace. It wouldn’t have served my needs and I know I wouldn’t have used it.

I said to my daughter, “When you need hearing aids, let me know and I'll send you over there because it's a lot of money when your insurance doesn’t cover it.” What the insurance was willing to cover was, they sent me to this company and they gave me a little discount but it didn’t even come close. I couldn’t even wear them. They were so uncomfortable. So, I would definitely recommend Embrace Hearing

5.00/5

I have moderate hearing loss and I had used hearing aids previously, but Embrace was cheaper and a more reasonable cost than any other brands that I’m aware of. I got hearing aids that go behind the ear and they're comfortable. Everyone at Embrace was very cooperative.

5.00/5

I liked Embrace Hearing's advertisements and the communications I had with them before I purchased. Plus, the price was better than others out there. During the initial interaction, they gave me a lot of information about their services and the hearing aids they offer. I had moderate hearing loss and they asked me questions about it. Based on that discussion, I had gotten the in-canal hearing aids. At first, I was having an issue with feeling a bit clogged up but they sent me a set of different attachments for the ear and now it feels much better. It’s definitely comfortable.

I had gone originally to Costco, but I returned their hearing aids, which are manufactured by Rexton. The Embrace Hearing aids are also Rexton but are much better than the ones from Costco. They’re much more advanced. Rexton is a major manufacturer out of Germany so the Embrace Hearing is a really good, well-made hearing aid. It has really helped me hear clearly. I now have no issues hearing in a restaurant type environment or in a meeting type of environment where I can’t always hear the individual speaking. Even after the sales, the service has been good. I’ve gotten back to them on a couple of things and they’ve been very responsive. I’m very satisfied.

5.00/5

I looked at the reviews on different online services and everything was positive with Embrace. Their reps have been excellent. Any time I've called them, leading up to my purchase and even after the purchase, they’ve been very prompt. They’ve been very straightforward and they’ve explained in plain language. Also, I was very pleased with how small they hearing aids are and the wire that leads from the dome into the device. In most cases, people don’t even realize I have it unless I mention it. However, I would like the remote to be miniaturized a little bit.

5.00/5

My wife thought I couldn't hear very well and that we both have a problem hearing so I said, "I'd go get some hearing aids," so I did. I like the styles but also the price of Embrace Hearing. Everything was good with their customer service.

4.00/5

Before contacting Embrace Hearing, my hearing loss was severe. Aside from them, I also looked at a number of other companies that provide similar products and it was from the literature or what I read on the internet about the products that I made a decision on what brand of hearing aid to buy. They all sounded the same, but Embrace seemed like they might have a little more technology in their product, so I went with them and I got the style with a receiver in the ear. But since I was purchasing my hearing aid from them over the internet, I was making a major guess that their product was as good as any of the hearing aid brands. Also, as I had never worn a hearing aid in my life until now, getting used to it was a big factor and sometimes I didn't like it at all. Nevertheless, the reps were straightforward and they delivered what they promised.

4.00/5

My hearing loss was noticeable. I had issues with high notes in the left ear and there were times I couldn’t follow a conversation in the right ear so I had to do something. I went to three hearing aid companies. There are some reliable companies out there but most of them have profits depending on extremely high margins. I researched on the online companies and there are four of them that seemed to have some evidence of reliability.

Any online experience has shortcomings and a hearing aid is a technical product that might benefit from a more personal contact plus a little bit more of a fine-tuning via one-on-one thing with the technician. However, I don’t have a profound hearing loss and Embrace Hearing was the easy and perfect solution that I found. I also went to ConsumerAffairs' website and read reviews of their customers that led me to believe that it might be a sustainable solution.

I called and talked to a very knowledgeable gentleman. As compared to a lot of hearing representatives in the retail trade, he was not particularly forceful. He was very forthcoming, answered my questions in a plausible way and gave me some confidence that maybe it would work. I did not find them at all disreputable on the surface which was most gratifying. The service provided by the team was not transparent because it’s an online company. I was not talking to a technologist, but it was very plain and straightforward. I sent in my hearing test and they gave me a solution. I had a behind-the-ear hearing aid from them. They programmed the aids, sent them back and they worked fine.

The purchase of hearing aids made my conversations with those around me much clearer and much more understandable. It allows me to listen to music in a better fashion and it picks up high notes that I was losing. It was an improvement and Embrace fell within the insurance payment so it’s a nice accommodation for me. I can buy the hearing aid and I can try it. If it doesn’t work, I can send it back then I can go with something more expensive and potentially better. I’ve gone to hearing aid companies and they came back saying that they got one bargain price at $4,500 per hearing aids, but I don’t think that $4,500 solution would be potentially better than the one I got.

5.00/5

I have partial hearing loss and I inherited a pair of hearing aids from my father-in-law that had to be tuned in for my ears. They were around $8,000 a pair locally and I had to pay $400 to have them adjusted for my ears. The Embrace hearing aids are twice as good and I like the remote control. Their people bent over backwards to help me and sent me free things. It was really, really good customer service, and they reply to emails right away. I couldn't ask for any more in customer service. I would recommend them highly to anybody and I have told a few people about them.

5.00/5

Embrace is a well-built instrument and I like my hearing aids. It has four settings. I have just about full hearing loss in my left ear and the setting I use mostly transmits the sound from my left hearing aid to the right one. So I can hear more sounds from the left side but I hear them in the right ear. But I hear them and that's the main thing. Once, I sent my hearing aids back but I found out that they were okay. The man I talked to may have misunderstood how they were programmed. The people probably checked the hearing aids over but they didn't have to reprogram. That man was also always very nice. He wasn't in a hurry. He answered all my questions and I appreciated that.

5.00/5

I have moderate hearing loss and I need hearing aids because if somebody was talking behind me, I had a hard time hearing. When I was doing a lot of research, I found that hearing aids were quite expensive even with the medical group that I belong to. I was speaking to one of the guys and he told me that there are a lot of products on the market that are half the price but I would have to do the research. There was one particular fellow from Embrace that I spoke to and he let me know everything about the hearing aids and where the store is. He was very informative and he made me feel at rest. He also told me if I have to get batteries, I should go on Amazon, other than going for Walgreens or a CVS, and I can get them for a very reasonable price.

Plus, I signed up with CareCredit and Embrace took it. That was a biggie because buying something online is a tough deal. You don't know what's going on and that showed me that Embrace is reputable. It wasn't a fly by night thing. I also liked the idea that I can put the hearing aids in my ears and they are not noticeable. I got the hearing aids right away and it was painless. There was no hassle and I'm very happy. My Embrace hearing aids have been terrific so far. I've been able to regulate the volume with my phone and it's been working out nicely. They help me and one good thing is that I don't collect a lot of wax in my ear so I don't have to clean them that often.

5.00/5

When I talked to the reps of Embrace Hearing, their product was very comparable to the in-store brands that people were trying to sell me for three times the cost. I got the over-the-ear style of hearing aid from them. Since using it, my hearing has definitely been better, whereas before contacting them my hearing loss was mild to moderate. My biggest trouble was getting used to wearing it for the first few weeks and getting the fit right, but that has been taken care of.

Furthermore, Embrace has been very proactive and they were very fast in responding. My interactions with the reps were very positive and a couple of issues and questions that came up were addressed very quickly. I had to talk with some companies a dozen times to get something addressed or resolved, but with Embrace one conversation took care of everything. I’m happy with the quality and the cost of the hearing aid that I got from them, and I've already recommend them.

5.00/5

My hearing loss was not too bad before, but I was missing a lot of things. I did a lot of research and took my time, and it took about six months before I decided on what brand of hearing aid to get. I read good reviews about Embrace Hearing and they were the cheapest and the best, so I had a really good deal with them. I got the best hearing aid style they had which costs $2400. It's in my ear and there's a little wire around the back of my ear. The service provided was good and the reps have been 100% great. They seemed to know what they were talking about and they gave me good advice. They tried to work things out for me and it wasn't like they were trying to push me off.

Since getting my hearing aid from Embrace, I can hear a lot better now. At first, I was hearing some noises, like a rumbling noise, and the rep told me that I needed to get a bigger size. So, I did that and they put some stuff in my hearing aid, and I've had no problem since then. My wife says I don't have to turn the TV up so loud and say, "Huh?" anymore.

5.00/5

I've tried more expensive hearing aids before but I didn't like them. I decided to go with the hearing aids of Embrace Hearing because of the price and reading some reviews on them. Prior to my reaching out to them, my hearing loss wasn't that bad. I heard well, except with voices, and I did not understand words like in the TV and especially in restaurant settings, but it was bad enough that I needed something. I got the hearing aid that I got goes behind the ear. So far, it has been great and since using it, I've been hearing better. Also, my interactions with the reps have been great.

5.00/5

I have a major hearing loss and it’s still not corrected, but it’s a lot better now with the Embrace hearing aids. I reviewed Embrace and ConsumerAffairs' recommendation online. And then, I did a bit of research and what it boiled down to was the same product for about half the cost. When I called Embrace the reps didn’t try to sell me anything I didn’t need. There was one thing that they said I didn’t need, but I wanted it so I bought it.

I have the behind-the-ear hearing aids and having them is dramatic. I can hear birds outside and can also hear my wife. I had a pair of hearing aids that I wouldn’t wear because they didn’t do any good and so, I quit hearing them. But with the Embrace hearing aids, I put them on when I get up at 6 o’clock in the morning and I take them off at night when I shower before I go to bed. They are the highest quality a person can get. I’ve got the upgraded ones with 20 different programs and they’re more than half the cost of what I can get from a hearing aid store.

5.00/5

Original review: July 20, 2018

I had Phonak before and then I bought 3 top-of-the-line Embrace Hearing aids. The only thing that I have concern about is that there are various programs on my hearing aids that I have no idea what they are for and I can’t tell which one I use for which. But I’ve had a good experience with Embrace Hearing. I’m hearing things I haven’t heard in a long time and the quality that I’m getting is really much better than what I had before. I really appreciate that. I had a lot of problem hearing when I was in rooms with a lot of people. I do a lot of lecturing and it was a big problem when I try and hear people when they ask questions and that seems to be resolved now with the new hearing aids.

I’m hearing all the conversations much better, especially good when I’m in a board meeting with some of the charities that I work with. Hearing all the people in the room is now much better and much clearer than it was before. It’s a big advantage to me because I’m able to do my work much better. I’m a professional genealogist so I work with a lot of individuals and family research. I also do a lot of lecturing all around the state of Michigan and now I’m starting to do nationally in the lecturing now. Embrace Hearing helped to give me an income in my retirement. I would definitely recommend these hearing aids. In fact, I’ve already recommended them to my dentist whose mother has a hearing problem and he’s now looking into their hearing aids as well.

5.00/5

I have moderate hearing loss on high frequencies. And after reading a lot of reviews online, it came down to taking the risk due to lower price. Embrace Hearing has half the price on similar quality hearing aids versus those from my audiologist. I got hearing aids that are over the ear and there's a piece that goes inside the ear. And while they are comfortable for hearing aids, they’re not as comfortable as not wearing anything. They’re not painful but I’d rather not wear them like how one wears a contact lens. Other than that, the customer service was fantastic. I’ve had two or three calls to get some advice. I talked to them before I ordered to get some idea of what to expect and in every case, I was very impressed.

5.00/5

I was pleased the first time I bought hearing aids from Embrace and the pricing seemed good, so I went back to them to get another pair. In my old pair, the remote could shut the hearing aids off. The new pair, you couldn’t do that. The only way that you can shut the hearing aids off is by opening the battery. It’s not a big deal but it’s a little less convenient. Also, the first pair of hearing aids came in a single case, and the second pair come in two which is a little bit more awkward. But my second hearing aids are better overall. It filters better and the wind is less of a problem.

5.00/5

I have mild to moderate hearing loss and my son researched hearing aid companies. The rep from Embrace Hearing answered a lot of questions and I ended up buying the H-300. I wasn’t sure about it at first but it turned out really well and the customer help is good. The price is right and the quality is very good. I have recommended it to several people. I told my friends that they need to get it. They won’t be spending $10,000 unnecessarily, they’ll get a good deal and they’ll be able to hear properly.

4.00/5

I had a hard time hearing certain things. I tried some of the hearing aids here in Rockford where I live. They were quite expensive and they didn’t do much. And Embrace had a good rating on the internet, so I tried them. However, I really can’t say that it’s really fixed my hearing. I may be one of these people that they can’t really help. Maybe it’s helped a little bit. But their customer service was right up there. Anytime I had any questions or I emailed them, they always responded right away. I also ordered some additional parts and they came right away. My experience was pretty good.

4.00/5

I had an older pair of hearing aids that were broken and I sent them in and Embrace said they couldn’t fix them economically so I bought another pair. I’m really pretty satisfied with them. I like the idea that I can raise and lower the volume despite hooking the thing over my ear.

5.00/5

I destroyed my ears with the bobby pin as a kid and I kept poking them. So, I had ear infection. Then I lost a lot of my hearing. I tried another company for behind-the-ear hearing aids but they hurt with my glasses on, so, I chucked them out. My hearing loss was severe to profound at the time. Then, I tried the in-ear hearing aids from Embrace Hearing. They cost a lot of money but they're cheaper than Lyric. I had the Lyric before and that was $3,600 per year which was ridiculous. Plus, they don’t have any tech. So, I went to get permanent hearing aids, which I don’t wear that often. One time, one of my hearing aids was tuned up so high and I had feedback. I contacted Embrace Hearing and they helped me. They went out of their way to make sure this works for me. All in all, I like the company. They’re pretty good. And so far, I am very happy with my hearing aids.

5.00/5

Original review: May 25, 2018

My mom has moderate hearing loss. My brother looked up for hearing aids on the computer and came up with Embrace. My mom got the H30, however, she's having a hard time keeping them in and the wire in one of the hearing aids broke. Other than that, my mom seems to be able to hear better with her Embrace hearing aids. I would definitely tell people to go with them.

5.00/5

I have a borderline severe hearing loss in my right ear and no insurance coverage for hearing aids. Embrace Hearing’s price point was affordable so I got the best one that they make and the speech beam. For both ears, what I got from Embrace would have cost me $6000 but I got a state of the art and top of the line product for half that. The Bluetooth capability is cool although I did not think that I would get much use out of that. When I receive a phone call, it gets pumped right into my hearing aid. They can hear me fine and I can hear them great without headphones or anything. I can hear better and it’s a good thing.

But when I got it, I was hearing some buzzing sound coming from the right hearing aid and I attributed that to being occasionally a defective device. But they were saying that it was the fact that I have nerve damage in my right ear. My ear is now hearing what it should be hearing and the brain doesn’t know how to process it because the nerves are damaged. The buzz I was hearing was my brain and not their product but they went the extra mile. I told them that it’s not that I don’t believe them, but I’m skeptical. So they sent me another right hearing aid, programmed it exactly like the one I had and said, “You could be right”. And so they sent me another one and said that if it solved the problem, to send them the other one back. If it doesn’t, to send them the one they sent me back. And they were right.

When I put the other hearing aid in, I had the same buzz, so it’s me. I sent the spare back and thanked them. They told me I have to get used to it. I appreciated it because I’ve given them a lot of money, and I will always have that nagging doubt that I had something wrong versus it was just the fact that my ears were damaged. It couldn’t hear that sound anymore and what it hears comes out as a buzz, because the brain doesn’t know what to do with that signal.

I learned to live with my hearing loss because I can get by but it’s aggravating for me especially with my wife constantly having to ask her to repeat stuff. But now, my life is a lot better and it’s significantly different because of the hearing aid. When we’re driving down the road, my wife is on my right, which is my bad ear but I hear everything she says. If I’m in a crowded restaurant and there are people talking, I can hear everything. Before, I couldn’t pick up what was being said. I knew somebody was saying something but I couldn’t hear it. I should have done it a lot sooner, but I like spending money on Corvettes and guitars too and this was always a bottom priority, but I had to make it one.