5.00/5

I went in and had my hearing tested. I have a profound hearing loss in both ears. Then I went to a hearing aid center where there are doctors there. I also had a hearing test there and it confirmed the original hearing test. But there is no way, on our limited income, I could possibly afford the hearing aids that they offered me. They were $8,000 for the two hearing aids. That center is also about 30 miles from where I live. I don't drive. I have to rely on my husband to be available and take me places. So I started looking for a company that offered hearing aids online by mail, which should save me all of that clinic costs for two years. I also spent a couple of months researching everything about hearing aids. I made a list of all of the things that I wanted in a hearing aid, knowing that when I got them, I would be using them for the rest of my life.

I wanted the hearing aids rechargeable and to make sure they had noise reduction. I have horrible tinnitus that I've had for most of my life, so I wanted something with tinnitus reduction. I wanted it to have my own voice memory. I wanted it to have smartphone controls. In other words, I wanted to be able to control it not with a separate remote, but with my phone, which I already have. I definitely wanted directional microphones. I also wanted to make sure they had wind reduction and feedback reduction. I wanted an open air receiver so I could hear bass sounds as naturally as possible. I started looking for hearing aids that had all of these capabilities.

I looked at all of the models that were available and what I should be able to expect to use with my hearing loss. In doing my research, I was pretty well convinced that I was going to have something that was over the ear because my hearing loss was too great. Embrace Hearing was one of the few, if not the only company, at the time, that offered hearing aids online and recommending for me the things that I wanted, and using the hearing test that I had already had so that I didn't have to go in there. So it was a good fit for me.

I have had such really good service from Embrace. They called me weekly or sent me an email to check in and make sure that everything was going well. I called them when I had some problems and they were able to solve it and tell me how to fix it. When I downloaded software for my phone, everything worked perfect. I could answer phone calls but then, my phone died and I had to get a new phone. With the new Motorola phone, I could not answer phone calls. It was frustrating. It took the longest time to figure that out. Embrace Hearing worked with me and they could not solve it. There's no Motorola store. But they contacted Motorola for me on my behalf. They couldn't have been better. The resolution to that was I had to uninstall the software and reinstall the software. Right now, the controls do not work for my phone, but the Bluetooth does. So it's not the hearing aid, it's the software, and the software is not made by Embrace. They utilize a third party software. But I can manage the controls just fine with the buttons on the hearing aid, which I had thought would be awkward, but it's not awkward at all. It is much easier than digging out a phone or a remote control to operate that.

I'm wonderfully happy having solved the issue of the Bluetooth, and I am so thankful to have the Bluetooth. I'm very satisfied with Embrace. My recommendation to anyone is get the best technology you can possibly afford. If you're not a complete technological neophyte, trust Embrace to do a good job for you. Even ordering by phone and having them sent to you by mail, that saved me $6,000. Why wouldn't anyone want to do that to have the best hearing aids they could possibly get?

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I researched hearing aids, trying to get the best price with good quality and we went to doctors. I started looking online and I found Embrace Hearing. Ordering the hearing aid was seamless. My mother-in-law had some questions and the doctor guided her through everything. She had to get a new wire because the hearing aid was short. Sometimes, if she wears both of them, she gets an echo so she gotta adjust the sound. She still has the ringing in one ear and we were told that when she had the hearing aids on, she wouldn't have that. But we're going to the doctor for that. After the order, the assistance that she got was great. Everything was very well-handled.

5.00/5

Original review: July 25, 2020

Embrace Hearing's reviews were good and the price was better than the other ones that I looked at online. I compared them to four or five different ones. I was looking in that price range. I talked to one man and one woman and both were very helpful and they answered all my questions. I wear the hearing aids while I’m watching TV. My wife always complained that I had the TV too loud. So then, I got the hearing aids, I put them in, and now I can turn the TV down. I've had good luck with them and they serve my purpose. Maybe there are better ones out there but this is good enough for me.

5.00/5

My father's Embrace hearing aids are working fine. He has been using them without any issues.

5.00/5

My husband was doing some research online on hearing aids and he found Embrace. He looked at all the reviews that were online and we decided to check them out. I have had hearing aids before from my local audiologist and they did not work out. Embrace is in New Jersey and I'm in Wisconsin. The first time I called, they were closed. They got back to me the next day and talked to me about the product. I then talked to my husband. We decided to try one and did their 45-day trial.

The ones that I first got weren't working really well so I had them sent in for an adjustment. The adjustment didn't really help things so I upgraded to the next, which was the one I was thinking about getting the first time but didn't because the other one was cheaper. I like the upgraded hearing aids. Embrace has been great. Whenever I leave a message for anything, they get back to me.

5.00/5

Original review: May 9, 2020

Embrace was highly recommended by my buddy, Jay, who has very bad hearing. We're both musicians. He's a drummer and his hearing is worse than mine. We're also both contractors and there is a lot of machinery going on. Our hearing loss is from a lot of loud machinery and loud music over the years. Jay has had other hearing aids and when he first got his Embrace, he mentioned, "Oh, my God, the world is loud." I was impressed with that.

I called him and asked what the company was. He told me it was Embrace and I called them. They're back in New Jersey. I talked to a gentleman first and he was very informative, knowledgeable, polite, kind, and not pushy at all. I felt really good about that. I went ahead with the order and I got the hearing aids. I really like them a lot. They're good folks at Embrace. I really appreciate their follow-up, attentiveness, and professionalism. I talked to a doctor. She called me a few times and I was impressed with that as well. Unfortunately, when a company gets your money, that's the last you hear from them. But the doctor was concerned and wanted to know how things were working. She also offered that in case I need any adjustments, all I would have to pay for is shipping one way and this and that. Overall, my experience has been really one of my best consumer product experiences of my lifetime. It's been a very pleasurable one.

5.00/5

Original review: May 7, 2020

I got Embrace Hearing aids mainly for work. I can wear them sometimes at work but then I have to go outside and put earplugs in so I can’t wear them. Other than that, I like being able to hear with them. I went with Embrace Hearing because of their good reviews, reputation, and price. They've been good and their reps always help me.

5.00/5

The hearing aids from Embrace Hearing help me quite a bit. It's the type of hearing aid where I have to replace the battery on it. Before I wouldn’t be able to hear the sound of people's voices and I wouldn’t know if they were speaking or not. Now, I can hear sound and at least I can direct my attention towards them a lot more quickly than before. A lot of people aren’t complaining anymore that I’m not listening or hearing. They are affordable and at the same time, a lot of the customers are satisfied with them. They are also more professional. I was trying to avoid the whole audiologist and whole doctor consultation and getting them was done online.

The customer service from Embrace Hearing was great. Their rep wasn’t too much of a sales pitch kinda guy. He was calm and was just telling me pretty straight out what the hearing aid involved, what I'd have to do next, and how to take care of it, even though there were videos online on how to do some specific things if I wanted to fix something. But one battery seems to run out a lot more quickly than the other one. On the app, when I wanna check the battery status and I click for the left ear, it never beeps to tell me how much battery I have left on that one. It’s always on the right ear. Other than. that, I’m totally satisfied with them.

5.00/5

I did a lot of research online and I liked the idea that they were gonna be based on the doctor's prescription rather than just a stock product sold on some of the online sites. I've had the hearing aids for a month and a half now and the quality is very good. I've been very impressed with the quality and the experience was really good. Now, I don't have to do a lot of running around.

5.00/5

I had partial hearing loss. It was significant but not full. I enrolled for Embrace's hearing aids and the process was easy. The price is good enough. For the price and everything, the hearing aids do what I need them to do. If they're doing good enough, I don't need to try a different one that's higher priced. The ones I have now are helping me a lot. Embrace is also easy to deal with and I can always get ahold of them. It's the same people when you call in. Any questions I've had, they have helped me figure out what's wrong.

5.00/5

I have severe hearing loss. My left ear is totally dead and nothing can be done with it. My right ear is okay and I'm operating on one leg. And although nothing is gonna replace one's ears, my Embrace hearing aid is as good as they get. I liked their service and price. The aid seems to be okay although I had to send it back a couple of times to get it adjusted. It was too loud for me so they just need to reprogram it. Their people seem to be very nice and serviceable. They follow up on the condition and if it's working.

5.00/5

I found Embrace on the web because I was looking for a particular manufacturer’s product. After doing a lot of research, I realized that some of these guys were charging $6,500 for the same hearing aid that someone else is selling for 3,000 by simply changing the product code number on it. I tried a couple of different products and Embrace's was at $2,700 but it's just as good as when I tried their 6,500 ones. The customer service was really good too. They weren’t pushy and they were overall easy to work with.

5.00/5

I've had hearing aids in the past and the ones I've had in my head weren’t working very well, and the company went out of business, so they couldn’t help me anymore. So, I went to an audiologist there and I found a local doctor here that I've been seeing several times, but it was $7,500 for hearing aids. I couldn’t afford them and the insurance didn’t pay for then, so I had to work around some stuff. I saw Embrace online through a Facebook ad and sent them my report. They said they could help me and then, cost was a factor as well when we decided on them.

The customer service with Embrace was great but I had to send the hearing aids back three times. The first time I sent it back, they didn’t correct the problem. So, I had to send them back again and they had to fix it. Then they had to send them back to Embrace to reprogram. The two times I sent it back, it got sent back to the original manufacturer for a problem and when I did, they FedEx-ed everything so it was a one day process. When I dealt with Embrace and had to come back from there, it went to US Postal Service and it took several days. So, they need to consider the fact that you’re out of hearing aids for several days. If you do next day, it’s better. The hearing aids have been in the mail longer than I’ve had them in my head but I’m not complaining about the customer service because they’ve been in contact with me every step of the way.

Right now, I’m trying to get used to hearing sounds again and my left ear is worse than my right ear. I have tinnitus where I have ringing in my ear, so they were dealing with that and we’ve been adjusting the volume up on my left ear, which is why I have them now. So, I’ve been wearing them probably about a week now since I got them back and so far, they seem to be good. I'm hoping they got it squared away.

5.00/5

My little brother got two or three sets of Embrace Hearing and so I thought I’d try it. I like that I can hear a lot better with it and it seems to pick up better. When I go in the restaurant with my wife and mother-in-law, I can tell the difference in them. The customer service was really good. I called and they answered all my questions for me.

5.00/5

I read about Embrace. Then, I researched and did my due diligence like any good customer would and bought a pair. I’m a very happy customer. The quality is wonderful. And based on what I’ve seen, my experience with local providers, I saved around $2,000 on the pair. I love them. My 45-day trial ended today and I’m keeping them.

5.00/5

I was doing research on hearing devices and came across an article in a magazine that was dedicated to people who are hard of hearing and gave Embrace high reviews, and I had good success with them. Their customer service is excellent. They get back to you right away. They’re very responsive. They seemed to have records so they know who you are. This is my second set of Embrace hearing aids, and I had the first pair for about six years. If I don’t wear my hearing aids, I can’t carry on a conversation unless I’m looking at people’s faces and can read their lips. I have really bad hearing and with the Embrace Hearing device, I can hear pretty much anywhere pretty well.

5.00/5

I found Embrace Hearing through an online search and they said they're quality hearing aids at a cheaper price. I did some price-checking and they seemed to be cheaper. I just wasn’t sure how quality their quality was at that time, but you get the 45 days to try them out. So, I got them and I was happy with them. The guy there, Tim, is a real nice guy. He goes through and explains everything. I'm pleased with him. The customer experience is excellent. The only problem is it's online, so you can't talk to them face-to-face. If something is wrong, they send you a shipping label and you ship it back, and you get it back in a day or two. That wasn’t a big issue for me since I don’t wear them that much anyway.

It's the first pair of hearing aids I have and when I first put them on, I'm hearing things that I didn’t even know existed, like the keys juggling in pocket. I have pretty severe hearing loss on a certain sound. It isn’t just an amplifier. I'm about down to 10%, and then all the sounds I could hear fine. But it worked out good. I'll have other people buying from them. Definitely, the price is right and they’re good hearing aids.

5.00/5

We don’t have an audiologist where we live so we needed to buy hearing aids online. We looked at a couple of different ones and the ones from Embrace seemed a little bit more professional than the others. The prices were similar, but Embrace is said to last up to 5 years while the other one we looked at said 2. If I contact them, I get quick customer service right away. Somebody contacted my husband within a few days of getting the hearing aids just to see how he was doing with them and gave him some advice on the best way to use it like where to sit in a restaurant to get the best use of them. They also have programs that automatically engage when he goes from one spot to another and he found that to be helpful. We’ve been happy with the Embrace hearing aids.

5.00/5

I had the upper range hearing loss, and I googled, “Why are hearing aids so expensive?” That was when I started doing some research on the cost and places where I could go that would decrease the cost. I did my research and came up with Embrace Hearing. This is the second set of hearing aids that I’ve gotten from them because I lost the first one. I’ve had hearing aids with them for six years now.

I went to a professional audiologist and then two other places, and then the results of those tests were the same. I scanned the results, sent it to Embrace, and I got my hearing aids in seven days. They followed up a couple days later with a telephone call. I had a little bit of an issue with something because the little cover on it was a little too big for my ear canals, and they told me that they could work with me on that. They helped me find the right one that fits. I’ve been really, really pleased with them. I’m 62, and I’m living on a farm so I needed something I can really count on.

There’s been a couple times that I’ve had to call them for different things. If they don’t answer right away, they get back to me in a very short period of time. Their email responses are great. The hearing aids that I have are so intuitive, even more so than the older ones that I had. I don’t even know that I’m wearing them. Embrace is absolutely worth checking it out because there’s something there for everybody that would like to have hearing aids.

5.00/5

I have an issue with tinnitus and I have some hearing loss. I like how Embrace Hearing has a program that addresses tinnitus better than many of the other companies I spoke with. I originally went to the local eye, ear, nose and throat specialists and they told me I needed to spend $6,500. I did my research and found for a couple of thousand dollars what was equivalent to what the local specialists were wanting $6,500 for. On the sales side, Embrace has been great. I have received two or three phone calls thus far from this doctor following up to hear my thoughts on the hearing aids. These hearing aids are great.

5.00/5

My mother has moderate hearing loss. Even from five or six feet, she didn't hear me clearly when I would speak with her. Embrace had what we were looking for and the information I found about them was very favorable. They also had a Black Friday sale on their hearing aids which are very expensive. We bought a rechargeable digital model from them and their reps were very responsive.

From the time I originally ordered the hearing aids, they asked for an audiogram, which we had done by a private audiologist. I sent them the audiogram via email. They programmed the hearing aids and contacted me to tell me all about it. However, they shipped it out with signature waived. I don't know why they did that as it is a very expensive item. The postal service failed to even ring the bell to say that they were making a delivery. They just left the item on the front lobby stairs. They should definitely have somebody signing for an item like that. Fortunately, my mom got home after it was delivered. Also, Embrace's audiologist called up three times, before it was shipped and after it was shipped. Their follow-through was excellent and they made sure the hearing aids were working properly. They also sent a lot of documentation on how to use the hearing aids. Except for the shipping issue, everything else was excellent.

Other people considering Embrace should get an audiogram done in order for the hearing aids to get programmed. It's something the company needs in order to configure the hearing aids because they have different programs for normal speech, music and loud noise. Otherwise, there's no way they can actually set it up properly.

5.00/5

I knew I was one to get a hearing aid so I did a fairly detailed review of all the over-the-counter hearing aid companies. I basically looked at the things that I wanted taken care of with the hearing aid. I wanted to make sure there was digital signal processing, noise cancellation, tinnitus, programming, Bluetooth and a bunch of other things. I found that the S-710 model was at par with a lot of the very high-end hearing aids that are worth thousands more and it had all the features I was looking for. Then I saw that the consumer satisfaction was very high with Embrace. The price was a little more than I wanted to pay but I managed to get them on the Christmas special with 15% off and that seemed pretty reasonable.

I was wanting to get the hearing aids during the 15% off but I ran into problems getting a hearing test scheduled and then getting the results of the hearing test. It took me about a month to get the hearing test to Embrace. But they were very patient. Afterwards, I had a question on getting the Bluetooth to work and Tim, the customer service rep, took me through that. It was on a Saturday too. So all in all, I’ve been very satisfied with customer service. They basically filled me with kindness.

I wear the hearing aids everyday for most of the waking hours and I’m very pleased. I really like the way that the Bluetooth works with my mobile phone. I only have to press one button and I get to talk on the phone and the reception is very clear. It’s great. I also bought the TV plug-in thing and what I figured out, which wasn’t advertised, is that I can plug that into my computer and listen to my computer without the need for headphones or a speaker. I’ve been listening to music on that and that is really great. But I’d really like to be able to do that on my phone too.

If I could listen, streaming music, from my phone via Bluetooth, that would be pretty cool. The way it is set up though is the app allows you to control the settings via Bluetooth but the only Bluetooth that works with sound in your ear is when you get a phone call. I also listen to audiobooks and I tried listening to an audiobook directly from my phone but I couldn’t do it. Nonetheless, I love my Embrace hearing aids.

5.00/5

I've not been able to hear others for a couple of decades as a result of a medical procedure. It has not gotten any better. I did an investigation of Embrace Hearing and the price, and their customer service was absolutely excellent. With Embrace hearing aid, I can function better. It’s not 100 percent, but there are no hearing aids that are going to return you to your normal level of hearing before the onset of the loss, and I understand that. The most important thing is the clarity of communication and the follow-up.

5.00/5

The people at Embrace are very good. I needed some assistance and priced through the retail some hearing aids. I found those to be outrageously expensive. I researched various companies and Embrace was the best choice. I went with them and the people there are very informative. Their website was user-friendly too. Now that I have their hearing aids, I don't have to turn the TV up so loud. I can pick out different conversations easier in a crowd.

4.00/5

I have hearing loss all the way across especially in higher frequencies and I was looking for some hearing aids that cut down the noise of distractions. It was distracting to hear so much sound from refrigerators, our furnace, the wind and all kinds of things so I got to where I didn’t wear the first hearing aids that I got. I tried some other ones and they increased hearing all across the board, but they weren’t suited for the kind of hearing that I needed. I didn’t wear hearing aids for quite a while which didn’t help with my wife. So I got online and I started searching for hearing aids that would not pick up background sound quite so much and I decided on buying from Embrace.

The customer service is good and they've tried to deal with everything I've raised as best they could. I just about called them the other day because I have a connection that I like for both my computer and my TV which works most of the time, but sometimes it doesn’t. But if you wait a little while, they’ll work. It hooks straight to my hearing aid, so that I can listen to my computer or the TV and my wife doesn’t hear it. I came to the computer and it wasn’t working. I tried several times. I tried to call them, but their line was busy. Then I put my hand up my ear and I didn't have my hearing aids in so that was why it wasn’t working.

I like the hearing aids and I have been putting them in in the morning and taking them out at night. I got the best that they sold and the big thing is, I don’t pick up the background noise so much. It’s not perfect yet but it’s so much better than my other ones. I’m happy with them as well as my wife, which is a big thing. It’s not that we always hear each other but it’s not just a continual problem anymore either. These hearing aids from Embrace are working for me. To get the quality of hearing aid that I have would cost me more than double if I went in a normal way. Embrace is making a lot of progress in hearing aids so I don’t have a problem with them. My brother has hearing problems that are worse than I do and he doesn’t wear hearing aids. I kinda wanted him to try some of mine and see how he likes them.

5.00/5

Embrace's hearing aids are lightweight, small and very easy to maintain. The salesperson whom I spoke with was very credible and customer service has been excellent in terms of communication and follow-up. I had pretty inexpensive ones when I first started out and I tried the others and they weren’t good. The Embrace ones are much better. I hear a lot better with them.

5.00/5

I have Tinnitus. My brother bought some hearing aids from Embrace and was happy dealing with them and with the results he got from his hearing aids. About two years ago, I went to another hearing aid company in town. I tried out something with them but their device didn't seem to do anything that I could distinguish. It wasn't helpful and cost a lot more than Embrace's hearing aids. I got word from my doctor about Embrace and went from there. Their reps advised me to make sure I wear them all the time and get used to my mind being able to phase out what's unnecessary for me to be listening to. I went to the symphony in San Francisco for the first time with my hearing aids and experiencing different things with them was pretty good. So far, everybody at Embrace who has called and answered questions for me has been very helpful. I've been happy with my Embrace hearing aids.

5.00/5

Before, I've had hearing aids that didn't work very well. The last one I had was an odd-shaped one and the middle ranges are bad. I gave Embrace a shot and the salesperson I mainly dealt with there didn't over-contact. He waited for me to make a decision and was really good to deal with. Thus far, the Embrace hearing aids are better than the pair I had before and they work well. Since going with these hearing aids, everything's been really smooth.

5.00/5

I had a total hearing loss in my right ear. It just happened from one day to the next. My girlfriend's friend, Lauren, is from Embrace and the prices of the hearing aids were unbelievable compared to what the other doctor had given me. So the doctor where I went to see wanted 4,800. And after speaking to Lauren, she said it would cost about 1,800. It's a huge difference, and I'm really happy with it. In fact, I just met somebody who had an incident like mine, just total hearing loss. I gave her the information and the contact. So I don't know if she went ahead and also purchased it. But I'm very happy with the service and how everything turned out. The customer service was really great. There was a little mix-up on one of the colors that they sent, and they were able to take care of that right away and apologized. I had a great experience overall

5.00/5

I have had hearing loss for a long time since my mid-20’s. I used to be a musician prior to going into my career, so I have had hearing aids. I started off with the in-the-canal hearing aids which I bought at an exorbitant price from an audiologist. Then, I had other hearing aids that I bought over time. Because of the cost and the fact that they are not covered under insurance, I have started buying them online. I started buying the ones that were not customized to my particular hearing loss and they were okay. I could not tell that big a difference when I got them from the eight to nine times as much for what I was paying in an audiologist’s office. So, when I saw that Embrace would actually be able to use my audiogram to custom-tune my hearing aids to my hearing loss, I wanted to give it a shot.

With it, I have noticed that I can listen to conversations better as well as understand speech better. The other ones were not amplifying the higher frequencies enough for my personal loss, and it made a big difference when I got this one from Embrace. So, I have been very happy with them. The ability to adjust it to my specific needs and the fact that I do not have to switch between programs because it automatically switches based on the environment I am in are helpful. Their customer service is also very good. I have had a follow up call from one of their physicians. They asked me some question, and they did very good and were very helpful. Comparing them to my audiologist, I never got a follow up call from him. I'm going to try the miniature all the way in-the-canal ones in the future, but I like the more natural sound I get with the behind-the-ear.