Customer Reviews

4.51/5
based on 59 ratings
5.00/5

The customer service of Total Merchant Services was good and I didn’t have any problems with their equipment like I did with Square and another company. I opened my store in May and my sales have increased since I've had them in June. Their pricing is good and I’m glad that they have people that answer their phone. They are unlike the other two companies I had to work with who would leave a message to leave your number so they could call you back and you never hear from them when I had problems or questions. Overall, it has been an excellent experience.

4.00/5

Total Merchant Services reached out to us and we were with them for about three years. The setup process was streamlined and there were no issues. They allowed us to process credit cards and they were invaluable during the time. But we switched because I found a wholesale company and so my fees just went down by close to $200 a month.

5.00/5

I picked Total Merchant because at that time, they offered the very best rate. I will be going on my fourth year with them and the support has been outstanding. They have their act together and they are a very impressive and valuable company to us. I very much enjoy them and I let other people know how wonderful my experience is all the time.

5.00/5

We were looking for a credit card processor company then and we went with Total Merchant Services. They have a fair price and their customer service has been very helpful. I've been with them for three years now and I find them very valuable.

5.00/5

I’ve had excellent service anytime I’ve call Total Merchant Services. I'm very pleased with the service I get. They are very helpful and they have been very valuable to my company. Customer service is excellent. I have other companies call trying to get me to switch and because of the service I get I don’t even look elsewhere.

5.00/5

I worked with Total Merchant Services for a couple of months. I've decided that I wasn’t going to be using credit card at this time so I had to cancel my account. Their customer service reps were always professional, polite and prompt.

5.00/5

Total Merchant Services reached out to me at the right time because I just started and I was looking for a way to do credit cards. But I’m out in the county and I don’t have phone lines. I do a mobile service with the lawnmowers and small equipment but I need something universal where I could take the credit cards and do it on-site or off-site. I have no complaints at all with their customer service. They’ve been very helpful anytime I’ve needed it and everything has worked great since I’ve had it. I’ve been with them for six months. The ability to take cards increases my customer base and makes it easier for my customers to pay me. They’ve been very valuable.

5.00/5

I liked what Total Merchant Services had to offer, and the machine was new and available. I had to switch to a machine that would accept chip cards. The percentages they told me they were going to charge seemed to be more reasonable than what I was working with. Customer service has been great. This year, I did my compliance and had confirmation that I was all set to open in the spring. Then the day that we opened, the credit card machine didn’t work. I called, and the rep was able to get it taken care of on the second call. They told me at first that they are not able to take care of it until Monday and I called on Friday because they were closed over the weekend. It didn’t work and I said, “I need my machine.” I called the person with whom I opened the account with and got it taken care of the same day. It was wonderful and I'm very happy with the company.

5.00/5

We have used Total Merchant for a long time and they're excellent. I have one terminal with them which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Maybe the internet or something inside it is wrong. But we like the rate and the service is very good. We also called before and they solved the problem right away.

5.00/5

Several companies called me and said they’re ready to hook me up. But I don't get $5,000 a month yet. I'm a small business. Total Merchant Services offered the debit card reader that all the major stores use and they offer it to small businesses too. They’re absolutely amazing and fabulous. They sent everything and didn’t charge me for any of their services. I even called and got a tech support on the phone.

I have been working with Total Merchant about a month and I noticed the change the very first day. I was using Square and I don’t get a printed receipt. With Total Merchant, it prints a receipt where they put my address and business name. They also have a fantastic reporting service that I can see online. It literally took me 15 minutes on the phone at most to do everything that I needed to do. The first card reader they sent didn’t do debt. I miscommunicated. And when I realized my error, they said, “Oh, no problem.” And they turned around and sent me another one plus a return receipt to send the other one back. And immediately, too, with no charge. I know that cost them money to do it. And I don’t have to pay for paper for the printer. It’s crazy good. I’m super happy.

5.00/5

I knew the guy that turned me in to Total Merchant Services. I have used them for a year and a half now and they have helped the company. I had to call in because of the downloads and they worked quickly. So far, my experience has been good.

5.00/5

When we had the merchant processor previously, it was through the bank we were doing business with but we switched banks. We needed to change our processor too so I decided to take a look at everything that’s available. Total Merchant's fees were excellent and they were providing the terminal at no charge which was a plus. When I’ve had to call one of their technical support people, they’ve been outstanding. We run through a DSL line and we were having some problems with our AT&T DSL, so we had to switch things over to the phone line. They were very helpful with that and also, as far as a credit card that didn’t go through correctly, they fixed it. Everything has been really handled very professionally. I’m one of the first people that want to pat companies on the back when they do a good job and we’ve been really happy with them. They're everything I expected and more. I’m really happy I made the switch.

5.00/5

We had just switched in the beginning of last month and so far our experience with Total Merchant Services has been really good. We haven't really had any bumps on the road to have to contact them for any other reasons. Jack was the guy who was taking care of us. He was the regional director and was really nice. Then he called Wades one day and then they scheduled a time for him to come in and then we were set up from there. Tanya from customer service was really good. When you have a question, she always knows what the answer is. We didn't have a PIN pad before and have one now. I don't mind swiping it over on the side of the desk but it's more convenient for the customer. Also their rates are better as far as the processing fees.

5.00/5

People use the card so it's a necessity in life now if you have a business. I have a hair salon, so I have to have a credit card machine. I was with another company for a few years and when my contract ran out I went with Total Merchant Services. I reached out to Total Merchant Services through a gentleman here in my town that was dealing with them. He said he has a good company for me, so I went with him because I could talk to him in person and he can help me whenever I have a problem. I'm a one-person salon and I don't need the big transaction machine so when we all had to change over, they found another way for me through the roaming jack and they worked with me on that to help me keep a system.

I've talked to their reps a few times, like when I had a mistake on a transaction and I needed to fix it immediately, and it has always been good. I've been working with them for about five years and I'm totally happy with them. They're reasonable on my charges. They're as adequate as you can get. The transactions take transaction time. That would be my only thing. I would love to see the money coming to my account faster but that's everybody's wish.

5.00/5

Total Merchant was a better company and they had better rates which were the reasons I switched to them. I use them for everything. I have an e-store, I do credit cards and I have a brick and mortar store. There seem to be more help and support if I have problems. I had a sale on my e-store and everything was approved but it hadn't been captured. So I called to find out if there was an issue and they helped me walk through it and capture my sale. We had had some storms and flooding and I had waited a few days to make sure that it wasn't a problem on my end like my internet being down. In less than 10 minutes, everything was fixed.

The rep also made sure that I was PCI compliant and she told me that a payment was due in August and another one shortly thereafter and we can combine them. She emailed me the form and I faxed it back to her after I filled it out. She was very helpful in getting things done and making sure, to the best of her ability, that I was where I needed to be in compliance with everything. It was a good experience and there was no yelling and screaming.

Also, if I've had any questions, I've been able to get whoever I needed to get. The only hiccup is that I've been trying to get a hold of the man that originally signed me up. I had to get out of the deal with the other company and there were some things I had to do and he was helping me with them. But he had to go and help other people and do some things. I can't get a hold of him now and I called in and was trying to find out if he still worked with Total Merchant and they reached out and sent him an email but I haven't heard anything yet. As a whole, I've been very satisfied. Things have been resolved quickly and efficiently. Total Merchant is more honest than some that I have talked to and dealt with, they have good equipment and their people are knowledgeable. I would tell other people to definitely give them a call because they are very helpful.

5.00/5

We've been using Total Merchant Services for 10 years now. We used a different company before and then when we changed business and added another business. And somebody from Total Merchant Services called and said what their rates would be. It sounded better and that's what we went with. One time, my daughter called them about some fees that they take out at the first of the year that are passed on to the users. And the fees were a little bit more than they should have been cost-wise. They explained to us that there was nothing that they can do about it and they're allowed to pass that on. The whole charging that they do for the service is also too expensive for small businesses, which is definitely what we are. But our experience with them has been fine. We're paper-free and my daughter looks the statements up on the internet and she keeps track of that for me. We have recommended them to other business people here in town.

5.00/5

I love Total Merchant Services. The customer service representatives have been very helpful. I had a problem with the IRS deducting money from my deposit using the service, and they did what they could do and helped me. They researched it and figured out why I wasn’t getting all my money. They emailed me, got the services taken care of and sent my money within a very timely manner. I’m a small business person and I’m very pleased with Total Merchant Services. It helps me here with the parents who don’t have cash and want to pay with their credit cards. And there are people who have accounts with their jobs that give you debit card to pay for the day care. Overall, I’m happy with the service.

5.00/5

We've been with Total Merchant Services since 2009. They've been very valuable to our company. A lot of people want to use their debit cards now instead of writing checks and paying cash. I never had any problems with their customer service. Everything works really smoothly.