Customer Reviews

4.49/5
based on 837 ratings
5.00/5

Original review: May 6, 2019

I have fallen several times and I live by myself, so I thought I needed something like Medical Alert. I’ve accidentally set it off a few times and they've been very nice. My cat stepped on it once sitting on my lap and rolled over one time in bed on it and set it off. They called immediately and I told them that it was just an accident. However, I got a letter from Medical Alert a day before yesterday, saying that I had signed up for a product protection plan, and I don’t remember signing up for that at all. I called Mastercard and they didn’t know how to get a hold of them either. Still, I feel better having Medical Alert and everything’s been fine so far.

5.00/5

Original review: May 4, 2019

I’m happy with my Medical Alert. I had a situation where I woke up and couldn’t breathe so I pressed the button and they came quickly. This happened twice and the people were wonderful. However, I have problems when I take the button off. It gets caught on my clothes a lot of times and then it starts ringing. I have to tell Medical Alert that there’s no problem. But I’m trying to be careful and other than that, I have no problems. I still wear the button.

5.00/5

Original review: May 3, 2019

I had another medical alert device before and they said they were Medical Alert but I don’t think they were because I couldn’t get through to them. I had shingles and I got real sick, but when we tried pushing the button, there was no answer. Then the button went dead and when I tried to call the number I had for them, I kept getting this company, Medical Alert. So I decided I was just gonna get started with Medical Alert. I stopped the other one and got Medical Alert, and I've had no problems whatsoever. These guys care. With the other one, I didn’t feel like they cared if the device worked or not because they wouldn’t even call me.

I know that Medical Alert is there. There would be times I would get down on the floor to get something and I wouldn’t be able to get up. Although I don’t have that problem anymore, I know that if I really have a hard time, Medical Alert is gonna answer right away. In fact, the thing I'm having problems with is if I'm in a place where I go pressed up against something, they call me in. But that shows me that the button is working. That’s the only good thing. And they're right there. With that, I know I'm good and I'm sticking around. I also like Medical Alert because I did that once with the other company and they were cranky. With Medical Alert, I check it out about three times a month and the people there are very good because they put up with me. Medical Alert is wonderful.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I’m an old senior lady living by myself. I don’t have any family here around in this county. I’ve got to the point where I drive a little. I can drive to the store, go over to our senior center and drive over to church. I felt that I needed Medical Alert. Wearing my bracelet is fine and it doesn't bother me at all. I’d rather wear it than the pendant. It seems like it’s always dangling around and I’m not comfortable with it. I have used my Medical Alert three times. The first time I fell was in the house. I wear the bracelet all the time but I didn’t have it on that late evening. I had to scoot on the floor. I got through the house into my bedroom where my medical alert device was and I pushed the button.

I fell again in the house. I wasn't hurt during the times I fell. But when I fall, I can’t get up and that’s why I scooted on the floor. I wanted to scoot where I could get to something heavy like a big chair. I thought I could pull up but now I couldn’t. The last time that I fell, the man that I had on my emergency contact was gone, so an ambulance was sent out. I was sitting on the floor and the people who came got me up. I was in my bedroom and they sat me on the bed. I felt okay. I wasn't hurt but I have been wearing the bracelet ever since.

Medical Alert's response was fast and I didn’t think about them sending an ambulance. My neighbor who lives just across from me came over to see what was going on and if I was hurt. He noticed that my emergency contact who was supposed to come wasn’t there. He told me that since he lives close, I should put him down as an emergency contact person which I did. I got my pastor down too. He lives close enough that it wouldn’t take him any time to get here.

I feel safer with my Medical Alert. I live in a really safe place, but if I fall, then I have the device to push. However, the part that says trouble on that box in the middle which I call the little yellow light, blinks. I called Medical Alert and they said the battery was dead on my drop pendant. They sent me one but it was the same thing. The little yellow light kept blinking. I called again and the man who answered was nice about it. But he told me that the battery on the device was doing the same thing. He said it was silly how they send things. I said, “Yes, you sent me a bad one, didn’t you?” We got a laugh out of it. I sent the first device back that they sent me because it was still blinking on my box.

Other than that, the Medical Alert is good. If I’m talking to an older person, I'd tell him to get it even if he might have someone with him. If he should fall and get hurt pretty bad, whoever’s with him may not be able to do much to help him. I just hope Medical Alert doesn’t keep going up in price because I just have that one income and I pay for everything here. When you’re on a fixed income, it’s pretty rough sometimes when you’re paying all the bills.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I’m getting older. I’m 87 and my husband died so the kids thought I needed a medical alert device. I wear it on my neck all the time now. It's good and it doesn't bother me. I’ve never used the one that I carry with me but I've used the one at home. I called Medical Alert one night and they called back up. My son talked to them then they showed up quickly. They were nice and I was taken to the hospital. Everything’s okay with Medical Alert and I would tell others to get one, wear it and not to hang it on a nail someplace.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

My caregiver goes up on the mountain in the summertime, so I'm alone. I decided to get a medical alert device from Medical Alert and it makes me feel safer. I have an excellent experience when I communicate with their team as well.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

My mom is 92 and on a walker. We wanna make sure that if she fell, she wears the bracelet, and that way she could punch it and get Medical Alert attention real quick. My sister and I watch out for her all the time and that was our best plan that served her. She's always looking on TV and reading about things in AARP magazine and wants to try different ones. But to me, Medical Alert is the best overall. They have different options. Old people do not carry phones and they can't wear a lot of jewelry. So, the bracelet for her, like a watch works the best because when they have stuff around their neck, they panic and pull on them.

One time, my mom accidentally pushed the Medical Alert button. I was out mowing on a riding mower. I came around behind a building and there is an ambulance. There were three EMS people on my daughter’s porch and she's an acre away. I saw them up there and then the guy started walking towards me and so, we went in and checked her out. She was fine, but she had punched the button. I said, "Why didn't you answer the phone call?" She said, "Well, I didn't know the number. I didn't recognize it as anybody's number." So, we have a new rule after that. She had to answer the phone if I was outside or gone. That was a good experience though.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I was essentially alone even when my husband was alive because he was ill. I wanted a medical alert device for him and I also had one. When my husband died, I sent his back but I kept mine because I need it too because of my age. It’s a securing back up for me because I have had a number of falls. I wear it around my neck all the time except when I have someone in the home. I have caregivers and I have my family here sometimes. So I wouldn't need it then. I would put it aside then as soon as they’d leave, I would put it back on. I have a better feeling when I have that. It’s like having somebody in the house with me.

I had to use the button once for my husband and it was very quick. He had fallen in the shower and I told the Medical Alert people that I needed some help but I didn't wanna leave him to call anybody. So they did it. They called somebody and had the numbers. They sent out an emergency situation for him and they were out here in about 20 minutes because they’re nearby. Aside from that, it had also gone off when I’ve dropped it. But I called them and cancelled it since it was not an accident.

Somebody from Medical Alert called me once though. I have a bracelet and one pendant, but she was trying to sell me another pendant. It was probably because they’re paid from how much they sell. That was the impression I got. She was pressing me just to buy it and saying that I definitely had to have it because it was the latest thing. She gave me the impression that it was much faster acting. I didn't really know I needed that but I got it. Then I realized it wasn't anything different. It was just like my other one. I actually explained it to them when I took it back. I told them that I was a little bit pressed into this situation and that it wasn’t exactly what I thought it would be. Other than that once instance, they've always been very accommodating.

The only problem with the device is you can't have it for a distance. When I get better, I will take walks and I won’t be able to have that security of being able to press it when I’m away from the house, other than in my yard. That’s the only difference that I feel. But by that time, I’m gonna be strong enough anyway to be able to take care of myself because I carry a cellphone with me. Nonetheless, it’s a vey good service and I’d definitely recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I live alone so I got a Medical Alert. I like knowing that I have a button if I need it and my kids are happy that I have it. I've been with Medical Alert for a few years now. Their customer service reps are good. They answer my questions. I feel secure having a Medical Alert. I just don't like this new one that they sent me. It's one of those where if you fall, it automatically sends in the signal. In case you knocked yourself out, they get there and that's fine. But this new one is so sensitive. If I don't put it on very gently, it sets my base off. When it goes off, the base unit yells emergency five times. If I'm in the house, I hear it and I'd go to it and reset it. But if I'm outside, I can't hear that and I don't want anybody to show up if I don't need them. I don't mind paying for the service but I don't like this new one.

The first time I got it, I called to cancel but they talked me back into it. I still have it but I don't wear it. I have another button, the original button that came with the unit. It's not that sensitive. I have to actually push it. In fact, that's what I use and I have it on right now. If I take it off, I put it on the table next to me wherever I'm sitting. But most of the time, I wear it around my neck, but not when I'm sleeping because I set it off somehow. So, I take it off at night and put it on my night table. I also don't like wearing it in the shower because once you wet it, the rope around the neck stays wet and I don't like it. I'd recommend Medical Alert to a friend. Anybody who lives alone should have one. It's nice to know that if I press that button, the police will come or when they yell emergency, I could tell them any help that I needed. If I needed a cop, they'll call a cop or if I want them to just send my son, they will send my son.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I feel safer since having my Medical Alert device. I can take a shower, and then I make sure I use it. We’re getting old and our balance is so bad. If I let go of something, I fall over. So, it’s time we needed something. I’m glad I have a Medical Alert device. We wear it. We never had to use it as far as something was wrong except for a few mistakes and something touching it or bumping it and it goes off once in a while. Medical Alert's reps were friendly.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Everything has been fine with Medical Alert. Even if I accidentally hit a button, they respond right away. The reps were nice and pleasant. There are times I wear the device around my wrist, but when I get busy, I wear it around my neck. I feel more safer having Medical Alert when I am by myself. I like that if I do happen to pass out, I’ll still get somebody to respond.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I’m 94 years old and I had a very simple fall. I went over on my butt and needed help to get up. That notified me that I needed to be sure to have something out. I got Medical Alert and I wore the device when I remembered, which was most of the time. I’ve also been in touch with the company to be sure that I’m up-to-date in everything. I also touched base with them once when one of the lights was blinking. It was a low battery and what we did was we sent back the little medallion thing. Then they sent me a new one so I’ve had good relations. I’ve been satisfied. I’d recommend Medical Alert and tell others that it can’t hurt to have it.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I fell a couple times so I got a Medical Alert device. I wear it on my wrist and I don’t even know it’s there. My experience with them has been fine so far. I’m satisfied with them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I’m 71 and I live alone. I have a Medical Alert for a year now and they've all been good. But the unit kept sending out false signal, so they replaced it and I haven’t had any problem with the new one. One time, I fell and I was trying to get a hold of somebody and they were the only ones available. They helped me and did it all by phone. They contacted the ambulance and all that kind of stuff, and they came out. The button is something I have available 24/7 in case anything goes wrong. The wristband was a little big for my wrist though. It was loose and fluffy. Other than that, they’ve always been there and it’s a good product.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I live alone and I am diabetic. I fell one time and when I woke up, I was on the floor and I got a black eye and a bump on the head. I’m on social security and I have to be very careful of what I buy. So with its price, I got a Medical Alert device and I feel safer now. If anything happens at all, all I gotta do is smash the button. The people at Medical Alert are all very nice to work with. The ones that I spoke to were professional. I wear the button all the time even at night time. People ask me what it is that I got on my arm and I tell them that it’s the thing that I have if I fall and can’t get up. I also tell them that they need it, so I have recommended it to a lot of people.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I’m 81 years old and I had a problem with my knee for a while. I had knee replacement 20 years ago but nobody wants to replace them again right now so I had a really bad problem with my knee giving away. Then my husband was really ill and I had stress so I had a lot of falls during that period of time. That was why I decided to get Medical Alert. In two years, I had fallen 20 times and four of them required hospitalization. So I really appreciated having Medical Alert. It makes we feel more secure because I know if anything happens, I can press the button and get help. I also live alone and I’m still immobile. I walk with a walker but things happen sometimes.

When my alarm goes off, the Medical Alert people are good about coming on right away and checking on me. They ask about what’s going on, if I've had a fall and if I need help or an ambulance. If there's anything going on and I say yes or if I don't answer, they would notify my family or call an ambulance. My family lives next door. Medical Alert also has a cell phone so they can even call my family on the job. If they can’t get my family, I have a friend that they can call and she can get in touch with whoever she needs to get in touch with.

When the battery ran out on my old one, they sent me a new box and the neckpiece was really sensitive. It was a fall button and I accidentally hit it about 10 times within the first two weeks. It was about to drive me nuts. It’s on a string and pinned on a necklace, and one time, I leaned over and it bumped on the counter. That set it off. Another time, I was sitting in my lift chair and I bumped it. They came on but the box was across the room. By the time I got out of my chairlift and across the room, they had already answered. So it’s very quick. It's probably no more than a minute or two before they’ll come on. Most of the time, it’s been a false alarm and I've always told them that it was an accident and that I had bumped it on something.

But I’ve gotten used to the button now and I’m a little more cautious so I haven’t set it off for a while. My knee is stronger now too, and I haven’t had any falls for two and a half years. But I’ve had Medical Alert for about five years and it has always worked really good for me. I've also recommended it to quite a few of my friends. I told them that it worked and they know it's true because they know all the problems I’ve had.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I'm often unsteady on my feet so I decided to get a medical alert device. I got a Medical Alert through my neighbor and their team members were forthright in telling me what to do. Since getting the device, their team's response time when I test the button has been great. When I set it off by mistake, there's an immediate phone call and that's reassuring. Medical Alert has served me well. I recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My mom has dementia, and so we wanted to make sure she has something that she can keep on her. Hopefully, she would remember to use it if necessary. We've talked with Medical Alert to set up the device and had them run checks on it. They've done amazing. They don't talk above us, they talk to us, and they are very informative and patient. We've been very happy with the device and it gives us the peace of mind of knowing that's in place. Occasionally, my mother forgets to put it on and I have to call her. We're very pleased with Medical Alert and I would definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I’m aged and I’m living alone. With a Medical Alert device, I’d be able to contact my children or somebody if I fall and I can't get to a phone. I wear one around the neck and it's fine. I haven’t had to use it yet, but when I tested it, the response time seemed efficient and it was okay talking with their team.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My husband passed away a little while back and my brother in Denver insisted I get the Medical Alert device because I live by myself now. When I first took the device out, I was told to test it and so I did the testing. I wear the device all the time except when I go to bed. I take it off when I go to bed and lay it by my bedside. I wear the necklace around my neck 'cause if I'm out somewhere and I need it, I can push the button. It makes me feel secure because I can push the button if I'm in trouble. If anybody asks me what is the thing that's hanging around my neck for, I explain it to them and tell them it's a good thing to have especially if they're alone. I would also tell them to definitely get one because it would make them feel safe.

5.00/5

Original review: June 21, 2018

I’ve had no problem with what is on my bracelet and when I needed to add something to my bracelet they have been very good about the addition. When I need to order a new bracelet they are very helpful.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have had no problems with this device you submitted. It works well, the service is there if I need it, and I feel protected. When I need help we call your service department and they can answer questions we may have.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I was having difficulty with getting a response to my testing. After talking with customer service and technical support the issue was resolved very quickly I have been very pleased with my service since starting with medical alert. Thank you for being there for me.

4.00/5

Original review: June 20, 2018

There are no complaints from this customer. You have always been there when needed. Everyone should be so lucky as to have a company of your stature on their side. Keep up your good work. Thank you for all you do.

5.00/5

Original review: June 19, 2018

Accidentally dropped it as I went to hang it up & bang, you were right there to see if I was OK! I could not have called you any faster than you reacted! I will definitely recommend this to my friends!

5.00/5

Original review: May 28, 2018

I got a medical alert service because of my health, I had been in a coma, being at home by myself and just for emergencies. You never know. I usually keep it on my wrist. Medical Alert calls and asks me if I have been testing my system and I tell them I’m gonna do it. It makes me feel better. At least I know I can push the button if I have to.

3.00/5

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have a grandson who lives where I am and my kids decided I needed a medical alert device. The device is a necklace that I wear. With it, I know somebody's around if I need them. I'm definitely satisfied with it.

4.00/5

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have a Medical Alert for over three years now and it’s fine. I am not able to walk on my own. I’m getting over surgery and I fall. I've used the Medical Alert many times and it's very good. They respond to me in 10 minutes. When they call me, they ask me how I’m doing. I should also check on the system every once in a while so they know I’m connected. The only thing is that it’s extra if I want the alert system to work outside.

5.00/5

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have asthma, high blood pressure and I’m a diabetic. I don't have toes at all on my left side of my foot and on my right I’ve got three. I live by myself and I cannot drive myself anywhere so I got a Medical Alert. I get help more faster. I have the little wristband and the one put on my neck so if I fall I can get in touch with the emergency wagon. I feel safer with it.

5.00/5

Original review: May 15, 2018

I do a lot of walking on my own and my sister doesn't like that. I fell one time and she's afraid that I might fall again and be alone when that happens, so she got me a Medical Alert device. The button works fine for me and we're satisfied with it. My sister also tests it and so far, we have no problems.