Customer Reviews

4.65/5
based on 563 ratings
Read more reviews

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you for your feedback Darrel. So glad to hear you're getting along fine! I'm also glad you're better protected in the event of an accident or emergency with one of our medical alert devices. Thank you for sharing your feedback. - David C.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I'm 86 years old so I decided to get a medical alert device. I’m getting along fine with my BlueStar help button. I spend a good deal of time by myself and having the device gives me peace of mind. Once, I had to reach out to the Bluestar team and they did well. They said something to me through the system, but I couldn’t grasp what they were saying because the button was inside my shirt. By the time I got to them, I forgot what she said and she had to repeat herself, which is a big help for people like myself that can't get through the questions right away. It was a good experience.

4.00/5

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you sir! We appreciate your feedback.
~ David C.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

When I originally got an alert system from the VA, it had to be tied into my home phone. But I don't have a home phone and there wasn't a way that I could figure out how to tie it into my cellphone so it was really of no use to me. So then I decided to get a BlueStar because it alerts you without having to have a phone. Most of the time I don't have the device with me which is probably not a wise thing to do, but I always have my phone. When I first got it, I wasn't thinking about the fact that I always have my phone with me and it isn't going to give me any good in the shower. So that wouldn't help and I have to pay off this stuff. But I figured I can afford it so I'll just keep it and use it as I can.

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you Debbie! We appreciate your feedback. Happy New Year to you and your mom!
~ David C.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I do a lot for the VA, and my husband was killed in the military so somehow, I got some information on BlueStar. So, I called about it and thought that it would be a good thing for me and my mom to try because I’m 65 and she's 81, and we both live alone. I'm the one that took out the thing, and we both like BlueStar. Their team has called a couple of times to check and see how we like the device and checked it to make sure it’s working.

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you Areatha! We appreciate your feedback. Please stay safe and have a great New Year!
~ David C.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

Someone called my daughter and talked to her about BlueStar. She picked the device for me since I had been asking her about it. I thought it will be best to get something that will keep me a little safe. I live with my daughter but when she decides to make errands, I don't want to be in the house by myself. The BlueStar device is in my bag. This way, if I don't feel like I want to go to church and she leaves me here for a while, then I can call somebody.

BlueStar HonorCare

Thank you Veronica! We appreciate your feedback and recommendations to others that they consider getting a PERS device as well.
~ David C.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

I have a home health care and the lady who came to talk to me told me to get BlueStar. I did but I haven't been using my device since I haven't needed it. But the device is right on point and I would certainly recommend it. I accidentally pushed the button one day and they called me to check. They would also check and tell me when to charge the device.

BlueStar HonorCare

Mary, thanks so much for your review, and we are thrilled that you are pleased with the product and service you are receiving. Please don't hesitate to call if we can be of further assistance: (800) 300-1724.
Warm regards,
BlueStar HonorCare

Original review: Feb. 13, 2016

I live alone so I bought iHelp from BlueStar because their service reaches all over United States wherever I’m at and the distance is not limited. When I tested it, the response and service provided were very well and quick. Their rep was also very good, polite and professional.

5.00/5

The reason I chose Blue Star over other medical alert providers is that I needed a medical alert device that would protect me when I'm away from home. The one that's in my house only protects me inside. One day I was out and got sick but I didn't have it. That was one reason why I decided I needed one to protect me. And I have two stents in my heart so I want to be protected at all times. It's best to have it and don't need it than need it and don't have it.

5.00/5

My son suggested for me to use a medical device because he worries about me especially when I'm at home alone. I chose the BlueStar because I support the Veteran Affairs - my father was a veteran and my husband was drafted during college days. The BlueStar team have all been very pleasant and helpful especially when I first got it and had to hook it up. Also, one day I hit it by accident when I was changing clothes and they came on promptly.

BlueStar HonorCare

Patricia, we are so glad you opened up the device and are putting it to good use. We want you to be happy with your decision to wear a medical alert, so call us any time if you have questions: 800-300-1724. Thank you for your review, and don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of further assistance!
BlueStar HonorCare

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I have no problems with BlueStar. The product was good and there was nothing wrong with the service. Everybody was nice from Day 1 down. It's just that I'm 82 and I didn’t want to open up everything and go through it and learn it. It was a positive experience with the company.

BlueStar HonorCare

Lisa, thank you for taking time to give a review. We hope that you have some peace of mind, knowing that your dad has a medical alert now. Our goal is to provide safety and connection for our senior vets, and we are proud to be of service to your father, who has given of himself to our country. Please call BlueStar at any time if you have questions or concerns!
Best regards,
BlueStar HonorCare

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

My father has Parkinsons and he started falling. We needed a medical alert device, and because he's a veteran, we went with Bluestar. He's used it for an emergency and the response service has been really good. Whenever dad fell, they called me right away. Our salesperson, Jim, has been wonderful. He gets back to me right away and as soon as I send the email, he responds. One time, I needed to talk to him and he answered his phone and it was on the weekend. I've been able to get him anytime I needed him.

He's also made it clear that even if Dad just needed to talk to somebody, he could push that button and somebody will talk to him. They said it didn't matter how many times he pushed the button, they were fine with talking to him which made me feel good. It's because, sometimes, older folks get confused. I'm a nurse, so I know. We've been real happy with BlueStar.

Dear Mr. Miller,
We are really happy to know that you've been getting good service from BlueStar. We hope you are finding peace of mind, too, knowing that our call center is there whenever you need us. Take care of that back and neck of yours!
Warm regards,
Kristin from BlueStar HonorCare

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

I got a medical alert because my equilibrium is not very good. I worked hard all my life and worked in factories. I’ve been having some complications—my back, and then my neck’s been giving fits. I’m not old yet, but I feel like I’m 100 sometimes. I’ve had good results with BlueStar. I’ve used it three times. The people who answer my call have been really phenomenal. They’re nice, courteous, and down-to-earth, and I'd recommend them. I knew someone who’s been in the Army and has a heart problem, and I told him to contact BlueStar.

5.00/5

We investigated a lot of medical alert providers and chose BlueStar medical alert since I think it was cheaper in the long run. It was a little bit big for me to wear around my neck. When I go places, I don't wear it around my neck cause it's sticking out. I put it in my purse. But so far, I've been fine with BlueStar and I would recommend it.