Customer Reviews

4.77/5
based on 438 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: July 11, 2019

We were just drowning and CountryWide brought us back from the brinks of hell. We chose them as they seemed to be the easiest to work with. They were able to split up our payments. I had two payments a month. We could call and try and skip a payment if we had an emergency. When my mother died and I needed to go home for the funeral, I was able to call and ask if I could miss the payment that time and have some extra money. CountryWide was really good about that.

CountryWide was a godsend. They helped me with everything like my credit score. I felt that everything ran smoothly. Everything was done by them. They would call me and tell me that they negotiated something, what the settlement was gonna be, and that they were gonna send me the papers. I would have to sign them, have them notarized, and send them right back to CountryWide. If I had any questions, I could let them know. But I didn’t have any because they were upfront with me the whole time. Nothing seemed shady. We really had a great experience with them. I was very satisfied with them and I’m glad it’s over. I'd tell friends and family members that CountryWide did us wonderfully.

5.00/5

CountryWide Debt Relief gave me a breakdown of all my bills and what the payment would be. That helped out a lot and I was able to pay off everything I owe. Everything was done over the phone and was satisfactory. It worked out fine and was a good experience.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I know someone who had used CountryWide so I decided to go with them as well, and they did well. Their reps answered all my questions and were flexible. I just stuck to what they told me. It was a really helpful program and I’m happy I was able to complete it and get the help from them.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

CountryWide helped me with debt consolidation. I started online then, I filled up the paperwork they sent me and sent them the account numbers. They provided me with a payment plan I was comfortable with and I just paid for the amount that I owed. Also, their price was great. They took care of everything and they started paying off the debts. Every now and then, I got emails from them and if I had a question, I called them. I'm done with the program and it was great. My life has been wonderful ever since and I'll recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

The percentage rates on my three cards were too high. I tried to call them directly and negotiate but nobody talked to me. I went with a debt relief company but after six months, I didn't get the results I expected. So I asked for a refund and they gave me all my money back. Then CountryWide Debt Relief took over and did the job. They talked the better game and showed better results. They said that the credit people were going to keep on calling me and I didn’t have to answer if I didn’t want to. The only thing I needed to do was to tell those people that I was not taking any calls. When those people would call, I would give them another number they needed to call. We had to do a little settlement and CountryWide would send me something to sign. Then they would send it to the people to tell them to leave me alone. They were my intermediary.

They got three card companies off of my back and they did it case by case, one at a time. They would negotiate with my creditor and it would take about six to eight months before they would give me a figure. But in the meantime, I had to keep on paying CountryWide a certain fee. They asked if I could live with it and I said okay. Then they sent me some more papers which I signed it then they would close that one. After that, they would move on to the next account. Finally, I was out of debt and everything was paid off in August of 2013. CountryWide was topnotch and I'd highly recommend them to anybody who wants to get out of debt. I'd tell them to jump on it because they are a reputable company.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I had a whole bunch of accounts that I couldn't take care of because my husband lost his job and he wasn't bringing enough income. I was trying to look for a debt negotiation program without having to file bankruptcy. I then looked online and that's when I found the CountryWide. I went with them because the other company I talked to weren't as professional as them. Their whole process was so easy and it was convenient for us because with CountryWide, we only had to pay $369 instead of $1,000. Aside from the fact that they were able to settle, they saved us a lot of money. When I first signed up, my credit score was at 700 and it went down to 400. They did warn me about it, but they told me that it would go up after the process.

They were also really helpful throughout the whole process. When I opened the account with them, I did everything through my phone with DocuSign, then they verified with me all the information about the accounts and then I verified with them. They then told me my rights as someone being with the debt negotiation program. I had $20,000 worth of debt and it was all taken care of in less than 3 years, which was the duration of my program. It was really fast and easy. Also, whenever I had to ask for an extension since sometimes 16th wouldn't land on a Friday and that's when my husband gets paid, I would leave a message to my rep, then they would call me right away and take care of the payment arrangements. Whenever I wanted a message from the rep, she responds to me in no more than two hours.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I had a quite bit of debt from credit cards and did the consolidation with Countrywide, put everything together and then only pay one monthly payment. The CountryWide rep was very good and she did the negotiation. I talked with different persons and they sent me the result stating what's already settled and what they've done. It was worth it and the cost of the service was perfect. I live out a little more comfortable for now and stay away from the crazy things I did before. I appreciate all that CountryWide did for me and I’d recommend it.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We were very happy with CountryWide Debt Relief. They are friendly and helpful. We got really behind in paying our credit card. We didn't know it went to collections and we got served. I searched for what to do and people said to look for a debt relief program. I typed in debt relief program and CountryWide popped up. I looked at the reviews about it to make sure it was legit and there were some fairly good reviews and nothing seemed too fishy about it then I was like, “Okay, we'll go with it. We called CountryWide Debt Relief and we loved Kosh, the rep we got. He was really helpful and made us feel at ease.

He explained how the program worked. When he sent us the first spreadsheet of what we could offer and how it would work he was so patient with us in explaining whenever we had concerns. When we told him we couldn't afford the first amount he worked with us in meeting our budget. I liked that he was so thorough that there was nothing that caught me off guard about it. He was my go-to if I have any questions and he was great about always responding, like I would have a response the same business day and never going to have to go more than one day without knowing any answer to my question.

At first we kept saying, "We can't pay this" or "We can't pay that." They enlightened us to where we could pay. It made us more aware of our budget, our monthly payments and how to cut off on things. It made us feel less fearful whenever a debt collector called us. At first the collectors would intimidate me and make me cry. But after starting the program I just tell Kosh about it and they handled it.

Setting up our budget paid off. We had two credit cards where we were so in over our heads with but CountryWide brought our score up and got everything paid off. They just took care of everything. We were so relieved to just finally be out of our debt. We've referred them to many people. My in-laws have already started the program with CountryWide a couple of months ago. We're very proud of what CountryWide did for us.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I had an excellent experience with CountryWide Debt Relief. The cost for the service was reasonable, they took care of business as promised and they were really helpful. The attorney's office sent out letters and we were able to settle with mostly everybody ahead of schedule. The negotiator was respectful and the customer support kept calling me to give me updates, and I was impressed by that. I'm now complete with the program and I'm satisfied with the service. People should go for CountryWide. It was painless and effective.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I was in debt and started a program with CountryWide Debt Relief four years ago. They consolidated my debt, negotiated with all the creditors by stopping the interest from all of them and combined everything into one payment. They had a plan for me where I have to set up a monthly amount that I directly deposit into an account they arranged with a third-party banking, and set it aside to make payments. Their negotiator called me anytime they had a settlement or question and they did a good job. The cost in relation to the quality of service was fair. I was in the program for 43 months and now I’m done with it. My experience with them was easy and I can refer my friend to them.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

CountryWide Debt Relief is wonderful. I went with them because they had great service and were the best one. Others just rip people off. They provided consolidation services for me and they helped me a lot on my need. I paid them out of my bank account. They set up the payment one time, then another time, then a third time to make it on the first or fourth of each month. My experience with their negotiator was very nice and helpful. They were very good people. I already finished the process and CountryWide did a great job for me. If somebody asks me, I'll be recommending them.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was paying bills for 20 years but it didn't seem to be getting down any further and I got tired of it. Even when I'm paying $50 extra towards my principal, it just doesn’t seem to do much. I then went with CountryWide Debt Relief because they had a better reputation online and they did what they had to do. The process of their debt settlement was very quick and easy. Payments were set up on my payday every two weeks. I started April 2014 and finished last month. They were expecting it to go all the way to October but they were able to negotiate the debts for 40%.

Every time there was something being negotiated, I get letters, emails, and sometimes phone calls. The rep that I dealt with was very knowledgeable and anytime I called him, he called me back within a day or so. He also leaves a message if he wasn't available. Their ongoing customer service is also excellent. Since I had them, I have two credit cards that I kept going and with everything negotiated and charged out, I pocket $680 a month. That worked out good. The experience has been seamless. I've already referred them to a few friends of mine.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I had too much debt and not enough income at the time to pay it in full. CountryWide Debt Relief was easy to deal and communicate with. They were very open and honest. They laid everything I was going to be charged for, from the beginning to the end, upfront so I knew exactly what I was looking at. There were no surprises and the cost was exactly what I expected. I dealt with several different people but every single person I've had the pleasure of talking to was very helpful. Cammy stands out right off the bat and the one I dealt with closing all of the accounts just recently was really cool. But they were all amazing, always answered all the questions and got right back to me about any emails I sent. It was always prompt and wasn't like a waiting game or playing phone tag. That's why I stayed with them and paid my debt off early. Now I'm debt-free so they got me to my goal and everything was positive in my experience with CountryWide.

5.00/5

Original review: July 21, 2017

I shopped around for six months because I had a lot of debt from unnecessary credit cards and unpaid bills that I didn't pay. I read CountryWide Debt Relief's beliefs and I liked what they stood for and so I went with them. All around, they are great. Whenever I would call, I would be able to talk to someone or leave a voicemail and they'd call me back. It was great because I work on a cruise ship and I don't have phone service five days out of the week. I'm able to tell the reps, "I won't be back on land until such and such time. Can you give me a call then?" The communication was perfect with all the employees I spoke with, and that was one of the things I liked about them.

When I was enrolled in the program and I had commitments that I couldn't make, I would just let the reps know. They just make sure that I was on my payment plan but with some leniency as well. Every person is sweet. They knew what they were talking about and that's what I liked about them the most. CountryWide made my life a lot easier. I wasn't stressed out, wondering if they were stealing my money of if they were actually helping me. I went to bed at night knowing that they were doing their job and I put my trust in them. I refer all of my family and friends to them. If you need debt paid off, they work with you. It was an amazing experience.

5.00/5

Original review: July 18, 2017

CountryWide Debt Relief's payments were less than other companies. I went in and they checked out all the creditors that I had. They gave me a monthly payment. They would let me know if I wanted to settle for the amount they agreed on. They were straightforward. The rep would always call, leave messages and ask for me to call back. It worked out just as it would. It took two years to settle and they paid all my debts. They let me breathe better. They were good and they helped out a lot. I would tell my friends to go for it and try them out. CountryWide worked for me so I'm sure it will work for them too.

5.00/5

Original review: July 7, 2017

I let my credit get out of hand. I did some things for my children and I bought certain items for them like cars. However, they failed and couldn't come through so I had to clean it up. That was the main reason I went to CountryWide Debt Relief, aside from when I first got my house, it was with them so it sounds familiar. They gave me the amount that I would have to pay. Once I signed up with them, I just paid about $450 dollars a month for about three years and that was it. When it ended, I wasn't overpaying it but they sent back two month's over payment of about $800. They gathered all of my outstanding debt and they combined them. Then, they gave me credit where I didn't have to pay the full amount. I went to Home Depot and they gave me a $5,000 credit.

I read up on them before I went with them. There were positive and negative and I just went with them and all I had experienced was positive. They're the best. They did exactly what they said they were going to do and there was no hanky-panky. Along the process, they would send me a receipt information saying that, "This particular one is paid to this amount and this is how much more you have to go." They were always keeping me up to date on what was going on. I would say to a friend to go with them. They were a lifesaver. Now my credit is good.

5.00/5

Original review: July 6, 2017

A lot of people watch out for fraud and rip-offs but my back was against the wall because I wasn’t being very responsible. I gambled when I chose CountryWide. They sent me a letter and I got it in the mail. I was terrified and I didn’t know what was going to happen until everything went into motion. But they worked with my budget and I was always able to afford my payments. The reps walked me through everything. I did the over-the-phone acknowledgment for legal stuff and when I had a question, I did most of it via email. Everything about my experience was on the up and up and I’m trying to buy a house now. CountryWide got me out of a pickle and I’m in a good place. If people come up to me and tell me that they have a pickle, I would happily recommend CountryWide. If there’s a possibility that CountryWide can help, I’m sure that they will.

5.00/5

Original review: July 2, 2017

I had a credit card that I was trying to get paid off. We had problems with the vendors because I was behind on the payments. That brought my credit score down and put a lot of stress on me. And so, I sought debt relief services. I have heard advertisements about CountryWide just before that so I decided to try them. They were willing to accommodate, work with me and help me out, so we got down on my problems. CountryWide helped negotiate my debt and pay off all my cards. We had a set amount that they would draw out of my account each month. Then, CountryWide would negotiate with the lender, get them a set amount then issue a payment.

The debt settlement program was easy to get it done with less stress on me. They were helpful and extremely easy to work with. I had an issue a couple of times where I was a little short on a month. I had to have them wait until the 1st of the month and not take out the money from my account right away. Then they took out two payments, which was fine. They were very accommodating and their customer support was excellent. I was glad to see that somebody was able to work with me. Then they sent me a letter saying the debt was paid off and what was negotiated. So everything has been paid off now.

Overall, I was very pleased with my experience with CountryWide Debt Relief. They were extremely good, very efficient and took care of me quite well. I really enjoyed working with them. Now, my credits are all taken care of and I have no more credit cards. We've completed the program and we're getting back on our feet again. People should try CountryWide if they're having a problem with debt. Working with them was worthwhile.

5.00/5

Original review: July 1, 2017

My son used my credit cards and maxed them all out. He screwed me for thousands. I called a couple of the other debt relief companies but I didn't get a good feeling about it. But when I called CountryWide, they helped me walk through all of the paperwork. They took care of my bills and made monthly payments on them. The cost was a little high but you do what you got to do to get out of it. Also, the settlement process was easy and they got all the collector off my hands which I was very thankful for.

The lady who got me on the program was very helpful and friendly. I was impressed with the way she talked. It wasn't just trying to jam something down my throat. She told me all of the things and I like the answers that she was giving me so that's why I went with her. She had a really nice personality and I felt like I was making the right choice. It took two years and I completed the program sometime last year. I've also talked to several of my friends and I gave them all the information. I'm very pleased with CountryWide.

5.00/5

Original review: June 29, 2017

I had an outstanding debt and CountryWide Debt Relief was more efficient and a lot cheaper on the monthly fees. They were able to offer me a better deal which was very affordable based on the amount of debt that I had. I completed the debt settlement process and it was really simple. They followed up with me and worked with the creditors. They set my monthly payment plan up and told me what it would be. They allowed me to say which was the best time of the month for them to get the payment from my account because I had to set up automatic deduction. They gave me the option to say if I want it on the 1st of the month, the middle of the month, or the end of the month so that I would be able to make my payments on time. So that worked very well with me. They were able to get some of the amounts reduced so they were able to work out a lot of deals with the creditors.

My negotiator was excellent - very professional and very helpful. He made himself available and I felt comfortable talking to him. He was very knowledgeable about the program and assured me that they would be able to help me with my situation. They notified me every time there was an agreement or settlement with the collectors. I signed up for the email every month and when some money was debited from my account, I got a notification. They kept me very aware of what was going on.

I was very pleased and satisfied with the service that CountryWide Debt Relief provided all the time that I was in the program. I did not have any problem. What I really liked was when I was down to the last payment, they notified me that it would be the last payment. Not only did they call me and tell me that verbally, they also sent the information to me in writing. Then after I made the final payment, I got another letter from them congratulating me. That's what blew me away. I also got a reimbursement check for a good little amount. I will recommend CountryWide Debt Relief and I have recommend them to some people. If I will ever get in this situation again and need their help, I wouldn't hesitate in contacting them again.

5.00/5

Original review: April 3, 2017

I have been served a judgment from a creditor and CountryWide was attached to a local law firm who would represent me in that as part of CountryWide service so I went with them. I was newly divorced and had a lot of mutual debt. I agreed to take some of it on and wanted to wipe it all out in one fell swoop and CountryWide simplified the process that I needed to go through. The people I interacted with were wonderful especially at the beginning but not any less through the process. I still remember the girl's name was Christie, who I worked with in Orange County. She explained everything very clearly, sent me all of the sign up paperwork and called me to make sure I was understanding all of it properly.

5.00/5

Original review: March 24, 2017

We went online and looked at the ratings, and CountryWide Debt Relief had the best. And then they also had an attorney that was connected, which was so good. They provided us with their debt consolidation program, which we've already completed. I'm a personal person, and I like to directly speak to them. The people at CountryWide didn’t have a problem with that. I was able to keep in touch with them whenever I needed, and that’s via telephone, not just electronically. The cost in relation to the quality of the service was well worth it. My experience with CountryWide was excellent. They are people of their word, and they were consistent with the entire process.

5.00/5

Original review: March 12, 2017

I wanted to get out of debt so I reached out to CountryWide and explained my situation. They told me to meet with them in one of their offices and everybody has been very nice. They explained everything to me, how it was gonna work and how it would affect my credit score. They did all this fast. And during the time that we're doing payments, they would call and see how everything was going and asked me if everything was going the way I wanted it to. It was so easy. My credit score is much higher now and I'm out of debt. In fact, I did my last payment three years ago. Everything went fine and I was thrilled. I would definitely recommend CountryWide Debt Relief.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I had my first mortgage with Countrywide a long time ago and thought CountryWide Debt Relief might be something related to the bank. I had too many worries about my business to make sure I stay in business. I'm a sole proprietorship and this is what I live with. I couldn't handle anymore to pay and I had to go work by the hour for a previous company to make sure I have the payments in on time. The staff at CountryWide Debt Relief were really nice and it was so easy to understand everything and to make me trust that everything was going be clear after I pay all with the agreement. Every time I called, they responded promptly. The company was good and fair. They are loyal, trusting and have experience with customers. And just as the way they promised me, everything was right and I'm relieved now.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I got divorced and couldn't deal with the loans. I was really in a bind so I needed help. I was searching online and CountryWide was one of the things that popped up. I read some of the reviews and I thought I'd give it a try. I didn't have any problems dealing with them. If I had any question, they answered it in a timely manner. Sometimes it's hard to get in touch with them, but all I had to do was send out an email and they got a hold of me as soon as they got time. They told me exactly what was going to happen, what they needed from me, and what I needed to do. They walked me through everything and did everything that I wanted them to do. Everything worked exactly the way they said it was going to. I'm not in debt anymore and have a friend who's interested in it already.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

I had a whole lot of debt and not enough money. CountryWide was my only solution to try to get out of it, and it has been a wonderful experience. Every time I called, I explain my situation to them. I faxed over the information that they needed and they corresponded with me as needed. It was delightful, nice, lovely and very pleasant. It has affected me in such a positive way, and now, I am out of debt. They're excellent and everything went smoothly.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I was looking for debt relief help and I was referred to CountryWide Debt Relief. The CountryWide team was great. I physically go to the location in Santa Ana and with the representative, they set me up on a plan and I was on the plan ever since. It worked out well and I had no issues with them. Anytime we needed a negotiator or we came to a negotiation with the creditor, they're always there to guide me. They were always courteous and friendly and always there when I needed to speak to somebody. The follow-up, as far as if I had a question and they had to get back with me, if it wasn't that day, was always the following day. I'm very happy with the outcome working with them and I think we'll be back on track. I would definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

We've been listening to some Dave Ramsey stuff and we wanted to get completely out of debt. So, we figured we'll try a debt relief program to help us with our process. It was a great interaction with the team at CountryWide and it was mostly via electronic communication, but in the beginning, we had phone conversations with them. Email communication was fast and their follow-up was within a couple of hours at each time. So, it was good. We finished their program and we're completely out of debts. It was great. At the end, I asked for the relief letters or the letters from the different debtors saying that they agreed. CountryWide forwarded me all the information right away and I was very pleased with that. It was a good relief.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I had a lot of problem with my credit card so I called CountryWide to see how they can help me. It was very helpful every time I called. Everything worked fine all the time when working with them. I didn't have any problem at all. Now, I'm free, I feel better, and I'm doing better. CountryWide has been a lot of help.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I love working with CountryWide and they're great. My bills were going up on the credit cards that it's too much to handle so I decided to hand them over to CountryWide. Their team was friendly and helpful. There were a lot of times I thought maybe it's fake but everything worked out great. Everything passed. There were one or two loan issues. They said I had to wait three years to completely get over so I just have to wait on my investment. CountryWide is really honest and everything they've said worked out great. I don't think I can trust anybody else than CountryWide. I try to recommend them to other people.