Customer Reviews

3.19/5
based on 214 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

I bought a home, moved into it and wanted something better than the home warranty company I had. I did a Google search and AFC had the best reviews. When I submitted a claim with them, it went smooth and the rep had it pushed through pretty quickly. The tech who came was a local company that I used a few times directly on my other needs. He was excellent.

5.00/5

I've always had a home warranty, but I never liked American Home Shield. I fired them and terminated their service years ago. AFC is certified and approved, and they're endorsed by the Better Business Bureau. They've been very professional, courteous and fast each time I submit a claim. They explain everything very well. A technician comes in within a couple of days and depending on my schedule, but they’re normally readily available within 24 to 48 hours. They’re very patient.

Overall AFC has been excellent because I bought this house April 1st, 2013, built from the ground up and they built the house so fast that I didn’t think I could’ve sued them for negligence. I made up my mind that whatever I replace, it would be top quality and it’d be a top-quality company that would install it. I've replaced four things so far, including the sump pump, but it wasn’t under the warranty so I had to pay by my own pocket. When January comes, I can renew my contract and I’m gonna add some more things on it. I've told my church about AFC, so I’ve been advertising for their company because I had good experiences.

5.00/5

I am not one to normally write reviews. I am a simple person who just wants to get what they pay for and I believe in Karma. I needed to tell other about this company so they too can experience what it is like to have someone stand up to their word, which is not normal these days. I called AFC about 2pm when it got real hot here about a week ago. My house was 79 degrees and my pregnant wife was about to have a fit. They had the tech at my door within 3 hours, be it this was a heat wave and he was still there that day! He was working on the unit for about 2 hours and it ended up needed quite the repair, when all was said and done what was asked of me? NOTHING ALL I PAID WAS $60.00 deductible and he was on his way. I couldn't believe how simple it really was. (Guess I am a skeptic.) I would highly recommend them to anyone I know, my house has been cool since.

4.00/5

My dishwasher broke over the weekend and I called in for service. Someone took my information and I received a call back on Tuesday with the contact information of the company who would be coming out for service. They came out on Thursday and informed me what would be needed to repair the dishwasher. I didn't like the dishwasher I had because I have a large family and it was a cheap one. It was only 3 years old when it broke. AFC gave me the option of either repairing it or buying one of my choice and they would apply the cost of repairs to the new one and I would pay the difference. This is exactly what I was hoping for and I'm glad that it worked out that way. I now have a new dishwasher that works better and some of the cost was offset. I gave 4 instead of 5 stars because I wish that things had moved a little faster.

4.00/5

I recently had my dryer fixed. The guy who came found the problem, but he had to get the belt, then come back to put it in. The service for the dryer went great, but we were surprised to find that AFC didn't cover the heater. They said we had to get it inspected each year. So we've arranged the inspection and the guy who ended up preparing that said he can come back in the spring. So, hopefully in the future we won't have that problem. It was a little bit disappointing at that point, but then we'll just get the periodic inspections for the heater.

5.00/5

There was a misunderstanding at first. There are parts that AFC covers, but sometimes those that seem cosmetic, which they do not cover, are essential. It's okay that I cover the on/off switch for the water because that's only cosmetic, but when you get inside the gut of where the pipes are coming into with the sink hose into the bathtub, those are supposed to be covered because you don't change them out every ten years, only when they break. A claims rep told me something isn't covered. I told her I really feel it is covered and maybe we can go back and talk to somebody. We got on the same page and figured out it was covered. They replaced the part that's why I'd say they were excellent. The repair guy was good, knew his job and did everything he was supposed to do. He just had to make sure that what he was doing was covered. I appreciate AFC and I look forward to keeping them in our business together. I'd recommend them.

5.00/5

The service is amazing! I can't deny the fact that they are very responsive and is willing to help me doing the whole process. In fact they call me to follow up what other needs I want. I would love to recommend this company because it gives me satisfaction and guarantee for the coverage they given to me. I am a happy customer with them. I would love to recommend this company because the value of their homes is pretty reasonable and is worth it. The money you paid for it you won't regret for the services and helpful employees they had. I would love to recommend this company because their homes are all accessible to malls, shops, or even restaurants. So everything is excellent and for me, no company can beat that.