Customer Reviews

3.22/5
based on 105 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

America's 1st Choice had the highest overall ratings that I could find online. With a few different websites that would list the top five warranty companies, they were always within the top three. The reviews said that they always had good customer service. I have a sizeable house and for the area, it's an older house. It's an almost 30-year-old house and so, a lot of the appliances, like the air conditioner, the stove, and the oven are all the original. I factored it in that things were probably gonna be needed to be replaced soon and would need quite a few repairs in between. So it would be more financially intelligent to have something to help with those expenses.

Whenever I submit a claim, I just call them and say what was going on. Last summer, we were having 12-degree temperatures and my air conditioner went out. I have children and pets, and AFC had somebody call me within 24 hours to come out, take a look and repair the air conditioner. Then on Christmas Day, my dishwasher went out and they had somebody out the next day. Even though it wasn't as high priority because it's a dishwasher, they still had somebody at the house within 48 hours.

Most of the time, the guys that they hire are really good. There was an incident where they had somebody that was contracted through them that was a little unusual. He made me a little uncomfortable after he left. He made some damage to my drywall that was not necessary. I called up and not only did they have him reimburse me my co-payment, but they said that they took him out of their contracted people to use. Other than that one guy, the quality of the work of the people that they contract has been great. When there is a problem, AFC resolves it quickly and efficiently.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

On the internet, I looked at the ratings and comments other people had made for home warranty companies. The number one company doesn't cover California so I got AFC Home Club, which is rated number two. I have submitted two claims with them and both have been good experiences. AFC responds quickly and is easy to work with. I called them directly and they were very professional and efficient. They knew their business and knew the right questions to ask. I would recommend AFC Home Club to anybody interested.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I had a home warranty and it doubled in price. I checked AFC and I liked their salesperson, Craig. He was very good. I submitted a claim online and spoke to the people from AFC. They took care of everything and they were excellent as well. I also love the tech who came out. He was very knowledgeable and personable and was able to work professionally. I would highly recommend him and AFC to others. AFC has been reliable.

5.00/5

I got a new house and went with AFC Home Club as the portion of the warranty for the outdoor pool was a little less expensive than some of the other competitors. It was $10 cheaper for someone to come out for a home visit. When our dishwasher broke, I filed a claim over the phone and they gave us $100. I thought it should have been more because most dishwashers are priced around $500. But they said ours was older and that was all they would give us. I wanted them to give me more but they didn't. But it was fine. Their reps were cordial and I would recommend them.

5.00/5

My home warranty for the first year ended I was exploring on the internet for a good choice of warranty and AFC Home Club had a lower rate of service fee. It was $10 cheaper so I went with them. Submitting a claim to them was really great. The agent was always very helpful and very responsive, even though with my last experience with the heater it took them almost a month to have a real appointment and have them come to my place and check it out. I understood that it was during the holiday season. The agent always kept me well-informed and kept calling to see if I got any appointments directly from the service vendor. Also the technician who came was good.

But in terms of their whole procedure the agent should explain more clear with what am I supposed to do or who's going to be in the control. Because for the heater and the washer dryer last time they called me to do the follow-up but I wasn’t aware who should do the next step. On the first call they can clearly indicate what exactly is to be expected then that will be great. But I was okay with sitting and waiting. They contacted me so I was not too worried. I would recommend AFC Home Club. They have great service and low cost. It was worth spending money on their warranty.

5.00/5

I liked America's First Choice Home Club pricewise so I chose them over other providers. There weren't a lot of steps in submitting a claim through their website and it was easy to do. Their rep was very nice and gave me all the info I needed at the time. I had three calls with them and everything was fine. Their techs explained what happened to the equipment and everything they would do. They were professional enough. It was a very good experience and I would recommend them.

5.00/5

My warranty kept going up and it almost doubled in price, and I was tired of it increasing. I Googled to find out who had the best prices in the United States, and I went with AFC Home Club. Submitting a claim was extremely easy. If had some questions about it, I called AFC and they answered my questions thoroughly and completely right from the beginning. I was a brand-new customer and unfortunately my air conditioner went out on the roof. I live in California and the temperature at that time was about 110 degrees. I was calling on a Friday, and they said they wouldn't be able to send anybody out until Monday or Tuesday. But it was over 100 degrees so they considered that an emergency and they told me to call my own heating guy and they'll take care of it.

The air conditioner guy came on a Saturday and an AFC rep was there in the office that day. The rep was able to call and make contact and the air conditioner guy got paid right over the phone before he completed the work. I was glad the problem was with a capacitor and not a whole unit. However, it wasn’t covered 100%. I had to pay the guy his service fee which was on the contract but I got a charge for something else that was not covered by AFC, and it was not explained on my bill. I was so happy just to get the air conditioner around that I let it go and I never said anything. I had a great experience with AFC overall but I would've liked to know what wasn't covered.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

America's First Choice Home Club had good reviews and they would let me use my own contractor, so I chose them over other providers. Dealing with their reps has been straight forward and I had no difficulties in submitting my claims with them. Also, the technicians who came out were capable people and I have no issues with their work.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I’m alone and whenever something goes wrong, I have my son-in-law and my grandson. But they have their own homes and I was paying so much for warranties for my washer and dryer, refrigerator, and stove. So, I decided it was better to have my warranties all in one, which was much cheaper than my paying for all these separate warranties, so I got a warranty from AFC Home Club. I was looking up another home warranty service provider when I saw AFC. AFC had better reviews and I picked them instead.

When my garbage disposal unit went out, I called AFC to submit a claim and the claims reps were very nice and friendly, and helpful. But they said that AFC doesn't send a technician out to install a garbage disposal unit, so my son-in-law put it in. Then the technicians came and they were very nice. They looked at the garbage disposal unit and within three days, it was all taken care of. That was my first experience in filing a claim with AFC and I was very pleased with the way everything was handled. I’m hoping that I wouldn’t need them, but it’s nice to know that they're there if something goes wrong. I've told a couple of my friends about them.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

My boyfriend and I have seven policies with AFC Home Club. When we submit a claim with them, the process is very smooth. They usually need the serial number of the unit, then they tell us if they are going to send a technician or if there is a fair price on the unit to be paid because they can pay off that price if it's an old unit. Their representatives were also very courteous on the phone. They send licensed and insured technicians who do their work but they need a larger base of vendors and contractors working for them. AFC is very prompt on payments, too and they've sent me a check twice to replace my unit. Overall, AFC is very good for homeowners. They are more convenient and friendlier than American Home Shield. Also, they serve a wider stretch than another company that I used in the past. So I've been very satisfied with AFC.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I was looking for a new home warranty and AFC Home Club had recommendations in their website, so I got them. I have submitted a claim online and their website was very easy to use. It worked for me. I got a response in within 12 hours because I did it on a weekend. It was a hot water heater that went out, came back on, and then didn't work for a month. It is not an emergency. But if it is, I will call them. They answer on weekends but I'm not going to take advantage of that. So, it took a couple of days before I received a confirmation on who was coming out.

The young man they sent out impressed me. He explained everything to me and walked me through the process. He stayed until it was certain that the problem will not be the same. I was also impressed with the turnaround time. It was a good experience which doesn't happen every time you have someone come out. It was very easy. One experience doesn't speak for everything but I'll give them a chance.

5.00/5

Original review: July 26, 2017

We were selling a home. I researched on the internet about home warranties and America's First Choice Home Club was ranked in the top 3 of a website that I saw. Their prices were good and affordable especially with the 15% discount I was given. I also like that their call out was $60. Also, the reps had been very friendly, too.

My biggest thing was that we bought it so that it would be active at closing and the new owner wouldn't have to have the 30 days. I asked three times if the warranty's transferable and the people from AFC said, "Yes." Then when I went to transfer it over to the new owner, they said that there's going to be a $50 charge transfer fee, and they never told me about that. The lady said that it's in the contract and sure enough, I found it in there. That was the only thing that I was not pleased with as I would've liked to have been told, "Yes. It's transferable but it costs $50 to do so." Other than that, the overall experience was easy and I would definitely recommend AFC. And in fact, we bought a house and bought the home warranty from them for the new house, as well.