Customer Reviews

4.00/5
based on 182 ratings
5.00/5

Original review: April 24, 2018

I did a lot of research on extended warranty companies recently and I decided to go with Protect My Car. They had the best benefits for the cheapest price. One of the benefits happens to be free oil changes, which I took my car in for the other day. It is so nice having one less expense to worry about for my car. They also have wonderful customer service. Every time I have called Protect My Car every representative has been so sweet and helpful.

5.00/5

Original review: March 7, 2018

I wasn’t too informed about warranties before and I had just my insurance on my car. At that time, I just wanted to make sure I had insurance driving around Indiana which I felt was necessary. Then it just came up and it sounded that getting a service contract was a good idea. Protect My Car seemed like a great deal with the towing, oil changes and everything, so I signed up with them. They also had certified vehicle protection specialists who were very informative. They opened my eyes and without them I don't believe I'd even think that I could get a warranty on my vehicle even as just going through. It was shocking not only to myself but to other mechanics as well. And that was awesome.

Their customer service team does a good job. We talk and I'm on first name basis with one of the girls. One time, I was going to see one of my family members I haven’t seen in many years. I was on the road and my tire blew. I was always busting tires since I drive in between Chicago and Indiana, so it’s really easy to bust a tire. I reached out to Protect My Car and they were able to get me over to a Walmart that was close by. Then, there was a situation where Protect My Car was unsure of a tow. They didn’t know that I had the plan on the vehicle that I was driving and I did not get the tow initially that I was supposed to get. But, we worked it out and I was able to get a tow.

And then when my truck overheated, I've put in a claim. I had it inspected and right now, I'm getting a newer engine put in it. At that time, some other things were messed up as well, so we just got another engine that’s clean and has lesser miles on it. I’m more confident having Protect My Car because I know I got my insurance backed up. Having them is truly a benefit and I really appreciate the whole company and what their guys have to offer. I have recommended them.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

Best decision I made. This service has been a blessing. I have limited income but they worked with me to be able to afford this, I have a 1997 car and in the past 2 yrs. it needed work done and towed, I never had to wait long for a tow truck and my Mechanic always has contact with this company while work is being done. Never a complaint from him about this company. I have used this about 3-4 times and it is worth its weight in gold, I would not have been able to afford the repairs needed if I had to pay full price. Highly recommend this Company and their service. Thank you.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

My experience with ProtectMyCar has been good so far. Their financing played a big part in setting up with them and it worked out in my payment and budget. Making payments has been easy and if my money isn't in my account, they will call me and I would make arrangements for them to receive their payments. And as far as submitting claims, whatever work is needed on my car, I just call in. I’ve used it about three times and they paid for whatever I needed to get done. So far, they're living up to their name and I would recommend them to somebody else.

5.00/5

Original review: June 26, 2017

I submitted a claim with ProtectMyCar over the phone one time and it was good. The claims representative was really nice and he was able to help me with everything. They fixed the part that needed to be fixed. Also, payments are affordable. I got them set up so ProtectMyCar takes it out from my account every month so I don’t need to worry about it. ProtectMyCar really works and I'm glad to have it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

ProtectMyCar is all right. They're on the roll when it comes to paying the claims. I'm paying $70 a month, I have put a claim twice already, and they're doing pretty good. I would recommend ProtectMyCar.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

ProtectMyCar has worked out good for me so far. I submit my claim through my dealership so they’re doing it for me.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 3, 2015

I have a warranty from ProtectMyCar that did the work in the car and I had no problem submitting the claim. Also, I had them do two jobs for me and didn't pay a penny.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

My warranty had went out of my car and a young man from ProtectMyCar talked me into their program so I got them. I’ve been with them for about 2.5 years now and my experience with them has been really good. The transmission on my car went out and they put a new one. I was shocked to know how expensive the repair could have been to me. I’m really satisfied with ProtectMyCar and I have been recommending them to people. I’m still driving my car and I want my warranty with them to keep going.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

I've had to use ProtectMyCar one time and it's been absolutely amazing. The company submitted the claim for me and, their customer service was excellent. They were very detailed at explaining everything that would and wouldn't be covered and worked with me to make payments more affordable. I haven't had any kind of bad experience with them yet. They are very helpful in the time of need.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 29, 2015

I'd recommend ProtectMyCar. I've been having good experiences and got good service from them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

Submitting a claim to ProtectMyCar has been okay so far. I've used their roadside assistance and oil change. On the whole, I've always thought ProtectMyCar was the best and recommended it. It's completely worth it.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

I received a call from ProtectMyCar and I liked everything that they offered so I got them as my auto warranty provider. So far everything has seem to go over real nicely. I would recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 25, 2015

Last week my car overheated. I called for roadside assistance and they were so nice. Fortunately, the car cooled down and I was able to restart it and make it home, but my phone died and they couldn’t get in touch with me. They called my home phone number, got in touch with my girlfriend and went over the limit to make sure I got home. I was very satisfied.

I may be calling in a claim soon because I have to find out what’s wrong with the car, why it overheated. I just called Protect My Car to find out what the standing procedure was for submitting a claim and they told me I have Ambassador Coverage. All I have to do is have the repair shop do a diagnostic and call in the claim when they find out what’s wrong.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

I checked prices around and Solace seems to be pretty good. Though I don't have any experience submitting a claim yet, I told them if something happened, they will take care of it. I'd recommend them to others.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 23, 2015

I chose ProtectMyCar because their monthly payment was lower than the other companies and they offered me something that the others didn't, which was like wear and tear on the motor. It was easy to submit a claim with them. I just took the car to the dealership and they took care of everything. I didn't even have to call them to confirm anything. They already talked to the dealership so my job was just to drop the car off, get the car when it's done and pay the deductible. It's a very good company. They are reliable. They're always there to make sure that you're good and they work with you on whatever it is that you need.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

When ProtectMyCar.com called me a year or so ago, I was getting a lot of offers for warranty or insurance for my 2008 Maxima. I really didn't have any intention of getting it. The salesman was just unusually good and unusually persistent and I couldn't get off the phone. That was the only reason I bought it and I fully intended to cancel it. But about the time that I bought it, my neighbors had a $4000 transmission bill and I thought, well I can afford $50 a month better than I can afford a $4000 surprise. I didn't cancel it but I didn't use it. They'd mail me stuff and I'd forgotten about it. It really wasn't a priority.

Finally a couple of weeks ago, I had a noise in my car that I didn't know what it was. I took it to a couple of different places and finally NTB, where I get my tires, worked on it. They replaced a bunch of stuff, had it for a couple of days. Without me asking them about the warranty company they volunteered this information, "Your warranty company is excellent to work with. They answered the phone, there was a claims advisor on the phone, we didn't have any trouble. We normally hate warranty companies but yours is good." So I thanked them, I said "okay". They didn't get the problem fixed. There was still a noise so I took it to the Nissan dealership yesterday and when they took me home, they said, "Wow, working with your warranty company was a pleasure. We called them, they took down what we needed, they got us our payment and we normally hate working with warranty companies but not yours."

ProtectMyCar.com must be awful good if two big companies have told me that without me even asking. I called yesterday and I thought this is very fortunate for me because I didn't do any research. I was lucky to choose the right one. I thanked them for selling me the warranty policy because it’s saved me a lot of money already. It’s been good.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

Because of the price ProtectMyCar offered, I chose them over another auto warranty provider. So far, the only thing I've used is the oil change. The process was perfectly easy. I just went into the Dodge dealership, and everything was handled. I would recommend them to a friend.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 18, 2015

My ProtectMyCar experience was excellent. The process was easy and everything with the company was perfect, with all the benefits at my disposal - 24-7 road assistance, rental car benefits, and maintenance perks. In fact I didn't have to do submitting the claim myself because the dealership did it. All I had to do was pay my deductible. I'd recommend them to others. The only issue I had was I didn't know my full coverage. Otherwise, I would’ve gotten a rental car and file for that.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

ProtectMyCar was a wonderful experience. I thought it'll be nice to have an insurance if I bought it for my Toyota engine. And so, I spoke with the lady rep and she was helpful and explained everything to me. When she told me about the price, I thought that's unreal and I want that. She signed me up and I've been with the company ever since. The main thing is they do all they say. When my alternator went out, I called their people and followed what they said. Same went for the garage - they took care of everything. So, to me, their word was good as gold, from the first time I spoke with them until the last time. On making payments, I had it subtracted out of my checking account each month. The payments were better than what other companies have quoted me - unbeatable! After using the service, I know that whenever I leave to wherever I go, I have peace of mind. I'm satisfied to see the worth of my purchase so I'd recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

ProtectMyCar was taken right out of the savings. Having it is kind of a catch-22. I'm happy on one end because I'm saving money, but I feel there are certain things that have to come out of my own pocket. It should have been fairer. I'm not going to scratch too hard with the ones there, but I am just taking it back a little bit. Other than that, my overall experience with them has been good. I'd definitely recommend them. In fact, I got my son to sign up with them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

Protect My Car came across in my email. The email led me to a YouTube video which made the process seem really simple. At first, I pushed it off. I was skeptical and thought it was a scam. Protect My Car was very persistent in calling me and they explained things on every phone call that I got. Finally, on the last one, I thought they were giving me a good deal for the premium package so I went with them. When it came to my very first oil change, we had issues. I thought Protect My Car was new because the oil change places didn't recognize their program. They had me wait for 5 hours for them to get authorization. They didn't notify me about the authorization, and I had to leave the oil change place.

The second oil change was like the first one. Protect my car gave a credit card number but the oil change place didn't get the expiration date correctly so it didn't go through. They gave another credit card number but the first time around, they shut down their whole system in case it somebody was trying to rob them, so none of the credit card numbers went through. They sent me a check, like they said, and that went through. I paid for it out of my pocket which was not a problem. It cost me a dollar more for the fax, but that wasn't an issue. I got the main bulk of the money back. I was really happy because with this internet change, no one knows what happens so at first, I thought of the oil change place contacting me to let me know the check was bad.

A week ago, I locked my keys out. They handled it and I was impressed. I used their roadside assistant. They came through and it was awesome. It's hard to get mad at their representatives because they talk really good. They understand and they explain themselves very well about why things wouldn't have happened and gone through, and it all makes sense. The fact that it did all go through makes it A-Okay with me and makes me want to keep them. I already recommended them to friends.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

ProtectMyCar.com is fabulous! The dealer, Honda, submitted a claim to them within the last couple of weeks and they approved everything and did great. I had to have my car in twice in the last two weeks and they have been very accommodating in approving the payments.