Customer Reviews

4.27/5
based on 562 ratings
5.00/5

Original review: May 19, 2020

They called me and at the time, and it was right on time. The opportunity was just fine and they worked with me every way they could to make sure I was able to afford the warranty. It was great. A warranty is very good to have. It's very valuable because we don't have to pay completely the full amount of money that we would pay to get all the repairs done to our car. At least, we have somebody that will cover half the cost. When I had something wrong with my car, I interacted with claims and it was very easy. I went and took the car in and the problem had to do with the struts or something in the front of my car. Everything that was on that process to do with that situation was covered.

5.00/5

Original review: May 11, 2020

A friend of mine had an expensive car, and he said the best people to protect your car after so many miles is Protect My Car. The reps were really nice people. They get direct to the point and show where I can take it to get anything fixed. Just like if anything happens to my Infiniti as far as taking it somewhere, they say, “Don’t take it to no outside shop. Take it to the Infiniti in Birmingham.” And that’s what I’d do if anything comes up wrong with it. They're good people to be involved with and I’m glad I got coverage with them.

5.00/5

Original review: May 8, 2020

Protect My Car called me and I enjoyed the conversation with their rep. I also enjoyed the offers and it was what I needed at the time. It was wonderful and in the end, I agreed to get the warranty for my sister's car. It's an older car and I didn't want her stranded without a car. The quality of their service is good and I feel I can depend on it.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

To get my car to last as long as possible, I decided to get an extended warranty. When I saw Protect My Car on Facebook, I decided to try it out. They’re good at what they say. When my transmission went out, I didn’t have any problems with them getting my car fixed. I could understand what their customer service is saying. However, it took me about a week to find a licensed service mechanic. They didn’t have one here in my hometown. I had to go out of town in order to find a licensed transmission mechanic. I had to go to Cleveland and I live here in Clarksdale, Mississippi. But after I found the mechanic and all that, they went right on their work. And the repair took about two weeks, which wasn't long.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

When I looked Protect My Car up online and saw some of the features, I decided to use them. Their rep was knowledgeable, informative and helpful.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

One of my friends had Protect My Car and liked them, which was why I went with them. However, my claim's process was rough at first. I thought more was offered for my vehicle but then it wasn’t. But they took care of it and comped some of the charges, so I was happy about that. What is covered and what is not covered should be laid out a little bit more like A, B, C, 1, 2, 3 type because some of us may not be aware of all the big technical terms.

Their customer service is good, but the wait time is horrible. When you take your car to the shop, the shop workers get upset because they have to be on hold for so long waiting for someone to answer. One shop I took my car to told me not to come back with Protect My Car because they don’t have time to wait on hold to reach someone. Protect My Car should have a different number for car dealerships to get a customer service, which would make it much better for the consumer. Other than that, I find having an extended warranty very valuable and even referred my sister to them.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I'm a single woman, not mechanically inclined, and I thought the service of Protect My Car would benefit me, so I purchased it. My car was a year old. I didn't think I would have any problems with it. But again, you still get cars and sometimes, new or not, there could be limits. And I just didn't wanna have to go through the problem of having to spend money on the big-ticket items. It has always been a positive experience with their rep. They've always helped me to the fullest and I was always satisfied with them. One rep that I worked with was excellent. He was on point. He helped me through it all and he gave me time to look for the things that I needed to look for as far as maintenance records, and I just appreciated him. He was very patient with me.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Protect My Car called me, and I decided to go with them for my car that's a 2010. They told me that I had a year’s worth of oil changes and tire rotations. They were real nice. But when my car messed up and I had to get something on the steering wheel, they didn’t cover it. I'm glad though having the coverage because I think if anything goes wrong with my car, I can call. One time, I locked my keys in my car, and they got somebody out there to get my keys for me. When I have used Protect My Car, I was happy. I just didn’t really understand my coverage but I do understand it now.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I was trying to steer my car and it missed. I filed a claim to Protect My Car and it went well. The young man was very professional. He arrived on the stated time, which was 60 minutes. He greeted me and he came with the equipment. He went right to the car and began to assist me, and really tried to see exactly what was going on with it. He was very patient and he was not rushing the process. He gave me good customer service and I’m a satisfied customer.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I feel good about having Protect My Car and they're valuable as far as having protection in case of breakdowns. Their reps are available and they came to me with detailed information about what and how they protect. And I know I can trust them to make something happen for me. It becomes a problem though if something happens to my car and it goes left as far as providing me with the services that they claim they can help me with because I'm being loyal to them, paying for their services and I'm not getting these services. But Protect My car hasn't led me to that point so they're doing their job. They also got me a free oil change during the time where I didn't have enough. They haven't always been perfect when it comes to getting around to a certain issue, but when they do, the process takes a little longer because they just caught up with what I needed with my car. There's a hardship with the time but other than that, they're a good company.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I wanted to have some insurance that would be available if I would ever need it, and that whatever need we have will be addressed concerning my vehicle. Protect My Car seemed to be more feasible, and the specialist we dealt with was cordial and knowledgeable. I, however, did not realize that there were several things that were not covered, particularly the suspension, but that does not really intrigue me too much. They went over it with me, but it was not in as far depth as I thought it was. I have already filed a claim and their claims department mirrors the same as any other claims department. If I brought my vehicle in, it took anywhere from three to five days to get it done, and the process to be notified of it, going through the claims process, was maybe two days. A car loaner reservation was also made through claims, and I went to pick it up at my local car rental, mostly of my choice and within the area.

My experience has been modest. I have not gotten any reimbursement for any rentals that I have had, even when many of the agents explained it as thought they should be refunded. When I get a rental car, I am still responsible for putting down deposits that are non-refundable. It is explained that the rental is available for however the repair is supposed to be. But typically, the repair is to be recognizably completed within a five-day period. And then if it should be within the seven days, then they are going to extend me two additional days, but no one is extending anybody anything. The customer has already paid for the seven days in the premium. That really needs to change because that’s a falsification. And that’s not good for anybody, either the customer or even the vendor and the company themselves. The explanation is not only not honest, it is also not the best professional choice.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

They are a little cheaper than the other companies that I have tried, so far. Also, they have a little bit more benefit. They offered me two oil changes for the year, so that was one other reason that caught my attention to have them as the company. I had other warranties in the past who were way more expensive. I think Protect My Car is okay at the moment. But I need to check on some of what they offer ‘cause I had thought there was an offer to do tires and tire rotation. I am probably gonna look into that and take advantage of that.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Protect my Car is better than CarShield. Submitting a claim with them wasn't difficult at all. When my AC went out, I called them and the rep told me what to do.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

My factory warranty wore out and Protect My Car was the first vendor who called me, and getting involved was hassle-free and very straightforward. They were really informative and very clear in regards to explaining the policy. I filed a claim one time for a radiator and I had the garage call Protect My Car. I gave them my policy number and Protect My Car worked directly with the garage. It was paid without any issues. Then when I got to claim my vehicle, all I had to do was pay the deductible. It's a relatively new vehicle, but it has a lot of miles on it so I'm always a little apprehensive. But since I've had this insurance, it's given me a little more confidence in using my vehicle.