Customer Reviews

4.51/5
based on 268 ratings
5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I took my car down shortly after I had switched from CarShield to Protect My Car. I had my oil change and I didn't know Protect My Car paid for tire rotations. The lady’s place where we took it said they were very familiar with Protect My Car and that she processes claims all the time. I told her the number, she called it in and they took care of it right then. I'm very well satisfied with Protect My Car. They cover just about everything on the vehicle other than brakes, windshield wipers and headlights. That was another breaker for me. With CarShield, they didn’t cover the computer in my car. I know how expensive those things are. What good is a coverage if they're not going to take care of that stuff?

I haven't had any trouble out of my car and hopefully, I won't. But it is a 2014 so sooner or later, something's gonna happen to it. I like the confidence of knowing that I can call. Plus, Protect My Car has roadside assistance. I like knowing that I can get a rental car and someone to come help me in the middle of the night. I work second shift so if my car breaks down, I'm most likely out in the middle of nowhere in a dark road. The only thing is instead of a $200 deductible, they could go back down to a $100 deductible. That would be great.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Protect My Car has a good price in general. Their reps explained the warranty pretty well and answered all the questions I had. I had to file a claim for the suspensions on my car. The process was pretty simple. Everything went great.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Whenever I call, Protect My Car was there. They're good service and I would recommend them to anybody. I have talked to other people about their service.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

My dad referred me to Protect My Car. He always told me he got free oil changes and all this other stuff. And he liked it a lot, so he said it would be perfect for me. I gave it a shot, and I'm loving it so far. They explained the coverage very well and answered all the questions that I needed. I took my vehicle in to my local dealership and gave them my card like they told me to do, and they took care of everything else. It was better than I expected. I would recommend Protect My Car to anybody else.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

My coverage was ending on my car so I needed something to get it covered. Protect My Car's reps were very knowledgeable. Having a protection plan is very valuable because anything can go wrong at any time. Protect My Car is something good that one needs to get just in case.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

My most recent claim with Protect My Car was for a water pump. It went great. I just did my deductible. The car was in the shop for three days. I was very pleased.

5.00/5

Original review: May 19, 2020

They called me and at the time, and it was right on time. The opportunity was just fine and they worked with me every way they could to make sure I was able to afford the warranty. It was great. A warranty is very good to have. It's very valuable because we don't have to pay completely the full amount of money that we would pay to get all the repairs done to our car. At least, we have somebody that will cover half the cost. When I had something wrong with my car, I interacted with claims and it was very easy. I went and took the car in and the problem had to do with the struts or something in the front of my car. Everything that was on that process to do with that situation was covered.

5.00/5

Original review: May 11, 2020

A friend of mine had an expensive car, and he said the best people to protect your car after so many miles is Protect My Car. The reps were really nice people. They get direct to the point and show where I can take it to get anything fixed. Just like if anything happens to my Infiniti as far as taking it somewhere, they say, “Don’t take it to no outside shop. Take it to the Infiniti in Birmingham.” And that’s what I’d do if anything comes up wrong with it. They're good people to be involved with and I’m glad I got coverage with them.

5.00/5

Original review: May 8, 2020

Protect My Car called me and I enjoyed the conversation with their rep. I also enjoyed the offers and it was what I needed at the time. It was wonderful and in the end, I agreed to get the warranty for my sister's car. It's an older car and I didn't want her stranded without a car. The quality of their service is good and I feel I can depend on it.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

To get my car to last as long as possible, I decided to get an extended warranty. When I saw Protect My Car on Facebook, I decided to try it out. They’re good at what they say. When my transmission went out, I didn’t have any problems with them getting my car fixed. I could understand what their customer service is saying. However, it took me about a week to find a licensed service mechanic. They didn’t have one here in my hometown. I had to go out of town in order to find a licensed transmission mechanic. I had to go to Cleveland and I live here in Clarksdale, Mississippi. But after I found the mechanic and all that, they went right on their work. And the repair took about two weeks, which wasn't long.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

When I looked Protect My Car up online and saw some of the features, I decided to use them. Their rep was knowledgeable, informative and helpful.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

One of my friends had Protect My Car and liked them, which was why I went with them. However, my claim's process was rough at first. I thought more was offered for my vehicle but then it wasn’t. But they took care of it and comped some of the charges, so I was happy about that. What is covered and what is not covered should be laid out a little bit more like A, B, C, 1, 2, 3 type because some of us may not be aware of all the big technical terms.

Their customer service is good, but the wait time is horrible. When you take your car to the shop, the shop workers get upset because they have to be on hold for so long waiting for someone to answer. One shop I took my car to told me not to come back with Protect My Car because they don’t have time to wait on hold to reach someone. Protect My Car should have a different number for car dealerships to get a customer service, which would make it much better for the consumer. Other than that, I find having an extended warranty very valuable and even referred my sister to them.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I'm a single woman, not mechanically inclined, and I thought the service of Protect My Car would benefit me, so I purchased it. My car was a year old. I didn't think I would have any problems with it. But again, you still get cars and sometimes, new or not, there could be limits. And I just didn't wanna have to go through the problem of having to spend money on the big-ticket items. It has always been a positive experience with their rep. They've always helped me to the fullest and I was always satisfied with them. One rep that I worked with was excellent. He was on point. He helped me through it all and he gave me time to look for the things that I needed to look for as far as maintenance records, and I just appreciated him. He was very patient with me.