Customer Reviews

4.75/5
based on 69 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

I was at Beachway Therapy Center for 45 days and everything was top-notch. I actually am afraid of flying so I took a train there and that was all right. The accommodations were nice and it was like a little apartment studio. I had a shared room and by the time I left, I was good friends with the guy I was with. My therapist, Brian, was great and we had a lot in common. At first he really pushed me and that was not easy.

I was in the detox and it was a process. But they made everything comfortable and there was a lot of sleeping. Everyone was real nice but it got boring. But then, I moved on to Beachway. We had groups and the therapists were great. From my Beachway experience, I think I got some tools for my own post-treatment. It hasn’t been very long but I’m doing part of the deal. I felt like I really needed to get away so that was first and foremost. I do the follow-ups and the alumni thing. But now it’s up to me. I just try to follow the instructions.

5.00/5

After a near death crisis in my son's life, I searched the internet for a dual diagnosis treatment center for alcohol abuse and depression. I was looking for centers in another state and Beachway came up. Not realizing that it was in Florida, I called the number, then hung up when I realized it was not in our state. Thanks to Conner for calling me back and encouraging my son to leave his former environment and travel to Florida for treatment. Since entering the program my son has made tremendous progress in recovery from the issues that almost took his life.

He is like a new person. He has an optimistic outlook for the future and is getting better every day. Thanks to all the staff, therapists and doctors who have helped

make the difference. The therapists Liz and Dave have called to keep me informed and have made themselves accessible if needed. Everyone at Beachway has been so pleasant and helpful. I thank God and Beachway Therapy for giving my son a new start with many opportunities ahead for a healthy and productive life. I will always be grateful for Beachway Therapy Center.

5.00/5

I was drinking heavily and in a very abusive relationship. So my sister had done some research on therapy centers. And when I’ve finally left that situation and went to my mom’s house, it was about Christmas time so my sister was home and we looked through some of the treatment centers that she had found. We called one out in California but for some reason my insurance suggested another place in California or Beachway. We're in Texas so Florida, beach sounded nice. My sister and I gave them a call and we did the intake which was quick and simple. Then it was about four days from the time I called them until we were driving out to Florida.

Upon arrival at Beachway I was scared because I was gonna be several states away from my family and by myself. But they were very nice and they let us walk through the treatment center. They let us meet some of the people whom I'll be seeing when I'm there. They showed us where they have lunch, where the sessions are and the activities that they do. They give the opportunity for the ladies to go and get manicures and some self-care type of thing so they won’t feel totally like a fish out of water. That kind of gets you back into who you are as a human being and that it’s okay to take care of yourself.

My parents dropped me off there to detox and the detox center was fantastic as well. They had a room that was open so they let me go in and look at it. I was petrified of being dropped somewhere I’ve never been before with no one I know and no way to contact anybody. I’m sure they could see that emotion on my face but everybody was very calm. They answered every question that I or my family had and gave us more information. So my family and I felt very comfortable. It was really a smooth experience.

I love the staff at Beachway. They were absolutely wonderful. They were very nice and kind like a mom. But they also put you in check when you start to step out of line – keeping order to the chaos. And it’s not easy when you have people who are used to living a certain way to keep them in order. They were always very supportive and there was always someone available to talk to. So like the staff in group, that was especially hard to deal with because group sessions brought out some deep-seated emotions. But I could always excuse myself from the group and there was always a tech available or a staff member at the Beachway facility itself to talk to. Everybody genuinely wants to help.

The experience at Beachway helped me along with getting a sponsor and going through steps in doing some external work, not just at the facility itself but also on my own. Beachway helped me to see that what I’ve been doing isn’t the way I need to continue to live and I don’t have to go back to that chaos that I was in. At the same time, there are also things that I could do to help prevent me from going back to that. There are some warning signs and there are people whom I can talk to about my situation. There’s a plethora of preventative maneuvers to help keep me on the right track.

5.00/5

The staff from Beachway Therapy Center was really friendly and supportive. They're very welcoming and if I had any issues, they were willing to talk or just listen. That was really nice of them. However, I was surprised because the website is a little bit misleading. The pictures and some of the activities that were told were not as often or just a little less than what they described on the website. But I was pretty out of it when I got there so I was just confused with the whole situation. Also, it was hard to get information on what was gonna happen in the future or the plans but that's understandable.

Nevertheless, this is the happiest I've been since the last time. And even though I'm still having some upsetting situations, I'm dealing with it a lot better. I was pleasantly surprised by the progress I've made. I strongly recommend Beachway Therapy Center to others. I would tell them that the therapists are amazing, very educated and worth it.

5.00/5

My mom went looking for different therapy centers and she happened upon Beachway on the internet. I showed up there pretty nervous. Then a couple of guys introduced themselves and made me feel very comfortable. It was very all new to me 'cause it was my first time I've ever gone to treatment, but they're very friendly and very calming. I really love the staff, like Nash, Johnny, Christina, and Dana. They were absolutely great. They're very friendly and cool. I couldn't believe it when I was shopping for food and one of the guys took me shopping. He was really cool and told me about Beachway too.

Beachway definitely helped me out a lot. I had no skills before, like I could not survive on my own 'cause I didn't know how to be sober, but now I've been over a year sober. I'm going to New York for three months to try to see what it's like there 'cause I've never been there, and I wouldn't be able to do any of this without Beachway first and foremost, and then the IRP helping me to get used to this sober way of living.

5.00/5

The experience I had with Beachway Therapy was good and I loved it. I liked their orientation and the checking in. It was a different experience for me to help me get out of my comfort zone mostly. The staff at Beachway cared and there was a lot of one-on-one. My treatment helped me build a lot of confidence. Right now, I’m up every week and I check in with the alumni coordinator. But the staff could work on being on time with doing stuff, like leaving the center going to the residence because there was a lot of times it'd be 40 minutes. Instead of them taking out the trash and doing what they were supposed to do they'd sit in the office and talk.

5.00/5

Beachway Therapy Center is the best treatment center I’ve ever been to. I went to treatment two other times before Beachway and it just never really clicked like it did with Beachway. The first treatment center I went before was absolutely awful and it sucked. It was a 21-day treatment facility and I didn't learn anything in those days. I have to do everything while I was in some meds for detoxing. It was like two weeks of actual treatment ‘cause I was still half-dead the first week.

The Beachway facility is clean and organized. It was just like an opening environment. The staff was really welcoming, friendly, loving, caring, and compassionate about what they do. They really carve on the people when they know that they’re not totally getting and they do their job very well. Dan was the first person I ever talked to when I first got there and he totally made my experience amazing. He made all the paperwork and prep that I had to deal with go by really quickly. Bryan and Dave, my two therapists, were absolutely awesome as well.

All the different groups there were super helpful. My favorite one was the relapse prevention group as I consider myself a chronic relapser ‘cause I’ve been through treatment so many times and tried to get sober so many times. The spirituality that they have there was really cool too. Then the morning meditation group, like the one that they split everything into male or female, was totally awesome. I love the morning group with all the women in the community and that we could just talk about our craft.

I did 45 days in PHP and I did another 45 days in IOP and all the skills that I learned helps me to be more successful in my recovery. I’m on my halfway right now. This is the longest time I’ve ever been sober and it was nice. James was phenomenal and he still calls me to this day to see how I am doing. He has me turned the alumni meetings now. He is just really into how everybody is doing and making sure that everyone is doing okay while they are there and even while they are gone and making sure that we can find jobs and help us fill our resumes. I would absolutely recommend Beachway to anybody that I know who is struggling with addiction.

4.00/5

I came across Beachway Therapy Center when I did an internet search. Everybody from this place was accommodating and very helpful. The staff oriented me and introduced me to everybody. It was a tough transition but they made sure that I had what I needed and that everything was okay in terms of my comfort. My therapist, Bruce, was amazing and a really cool guy. The experience was pretty new to me and he helped me out. He was a pretty smart guy and I had my biggest change from our one-on-one.

5.00/5

I did some serious research and Beachway stood out based on reviews and doing diagnosis. Dan was incredible on my intake. He was very pleasant and accommodating. After they said my insurance had a problem, I wasn't very happy. But Debbie and Dan both said, "Don't worry. It's taken care of." Also, the living accommodations were perfect. I was not only in a clean house, but it was cleaned every week. The people I lived with were neat and clean, so it was very nice. We did have a problem with some construction of a stage, which made us join some groups that between males and females, we wouldn't have otherwise joined, and that was awkward. But everybody from the technicians to the therapists was awesome. My therapist Bruce challenged me, but he still listened. Overall they have given me the techniques to be successful. They have done incredible things, not only for me but for other people I saw there.

5.00/5

I heard about Beachway Therapy Center from the detox I went to. The people there were very friendly, helpful, accommodating, and supportive. It was a very nice facility. The apartment was mansion-like, after all it's in South Florida. I had a good experience there. I definitely feel more confident now and that I have a strong support system.

5.00/5

I felt welcomed when I arrived at Beachway Therapy Center. I was greeted really well with open arms. I felt comfortable being there and I was able to get really close to the staff and get to know them really well. The facility was good. It was all up-to-date. They have given me the stepping stone, the push-start I needed in my recovery. They set me up for success, and they showed me the right path and what to do. It was a life-changing experience.

4.00/5

I had a good experience with Beachway. The only thing I didn’t like is it was a little confusing. They didn’t really tell us what was going to happen. Then we had to keep being shuffled in between people for interviews and the repetition of our life story when we first got there was a little too much. We're already still pretty down and to have to keep repeating and then being anxious at what's happening next, what does the home look like I'm moving into, who are my roommates... I wish they would have done something to help a little bit with that anxiety like not talk to me about it and reassuring me that everything is going to be okay. But as far as the people, everyone was nice.

The couple of highlights that I like was we were able to go to the beach because that was very relaxing and also the fact that if we found a sponsor or some sober people that supported us that we were able to go out into the community to experience life without feeling like we're locked down in a facility all the time. And this wasn’t my first rodeo at a rehab facility and for me that was a very nice thing that they did that showed trust in us. I would definitely recommend Beachway to my friends.