Customer Reviews

4.81/5
based on 282 ratings
Read more reviews

Pelican Water

We are so pleased to hear that the Pelican filtration system has made a big difference. So glad it cleaned up the water and took care of all the water stains and hard water. We do pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and its so nice to hear that you had a great experience with our Pelican team and you are satisfied with our products as well as the service you received.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

The reps from Pelican Water are the greatest people I’ve met. They get right to the point. They've been on time as far as mailing and delivery are concerned and I can't say anything bad about them. I got their 3-Stage filtration system and there has been a big difference since then. It cleaned up the water and took care of all the water stains and hard water. Pelican gets it done.

Pelican Water

Thank you for your review, very nice to hear that you found our website easy to use and we are so pleased you like your Pelican Shower Filter, we have said it often but we do believe we make the best shower filter on the market. To help you ensure you change your filter on time please consider signing up for our Water Shield auto ship program.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I live in Flint, Michigan and I wanted to make sure my children are protected even in the shower so I decided to get Pelican Water. The website is extremely detailed and it's very helpful when you have all the information in front of you. I had to really get into reading it just to make sure I was getting the right thing 'cause there's all kinds of options. But all I really wanted was the actual shower head and the removable piece, so I got it. They do a great job on their website. It was easy to understand and navigate through. Their reviews online are excellent too.

I did everything online and then I put the products in myself. It was really easy to follow the instructions, making sure I put the tape on to be secure so there won't be any leaks. I just couldn't tighten it as much as I wanted to so I asked my husband to do so and the installation was really easy. Now, the water pressure's better and there's way more options on how I want the spray to come out so that's definitely beneficial. The water is clearer too. I also liked the soap bar that came with it. That was pretty cool and I'm just very grateful that these things are out there.

Pelican Water

We appreciate your positive feedback. Its great to hear that your experience has been all good. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Water Filter with UV). You may want to sign up for our Water Shield Auto-Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement UV filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

My wife has an issue that requires really good water so I did an internet search for a whole house water system and I ordered online from Pelican Water Systems. Their website was absolutely easy to navigate. Then, I had a plumber to install the water system. We only used bottled water before that but now we know the water's fine for my wife because it goes through a sediment base, the charcoal filter, and the UV light. My experience has all been good and I would recommend Pelican.

Pelican Water

Thank you for the feedback. We are so pleased to hear that the Pelican Combo (Softener-Filter with UV) system is providing you with a great experience and a quality product. Protecting yourself from bacteria in your water is a smart choice, so we are pleased to hear that you bought a UV system to compliment your Filter/Softener Combo. You may want to consider signing up for our Water Shield Auto Ship program that sends you replacement UV bulbs when you need them at discounted prices.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I have health issues so I would drink bottled water. But I found out that there’s a better way to treat at the source and I went with Pelican. My interaction with their rep has been a positive experience. He was very thorough. I bought their $3,500 water system. When we had an issue with replacing the bulb, their customer service and their management were very good about working with us, based on it being a shipping issue. They resolved problems well. Overall, it’s been a great experience and a quality product. I would highly recommend Pelican to anybody.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased to hear that the smell, odor, taste, has all improved and your water now feels luxurious. Sounds like you are well versed in water chemistry, so glad that the Pelican System is performing well.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I wanted to filter out any of the dirt or undesirable microbes or chemicals in the water. Although I want to put trust in the public water system, sometimes it's not always 100% that's why every home in America should have a water treatment system. I come from Pittsburgh and we had mountain water there that's really good tasting. But now I live in Florida and because we're at sea level, we have water that tastes like ocean water because when coming south, the water table here is mixed with fresh water and sea water. So having a filtration system would help a lot. I have a five-micron filter on the first point of contact with the public water system. Whenever I change that out there's a lot of dirt in it and I can see it's a sort of a light brown color.

I worked at the lab in a water treatment facility of a steel mill in Pittsburgh and I used to do testing on the water so I understand a little bit about water filtration. But I still researched on the internet and I came up with a couple of different places that I could buy the system. I like the idea that Pelican Water’s headquarters is in Deland and I live in Maitland which is close by so I ordered it directly from them and had it shipped here. Then I made some modifications to my house as I had to run electric on the side wall and called the plumbers in and they installed the system outside for me.

We soften the water here even though the public system claims they have soft water. But even with minimal amount of softening I put, I notice the difference on the interior of the plumbing. It tends to last a lot longer with the water softener and a filtration system so that's a definite benefit on all of the valving that come in contact with the water system in the house. There's also a charcoal aspect to the filter system and it disinfects the water which kills a lot of the bacteria there.

We could get a silky feel from the water when using salt in the system and it feels better on the skin as well. It also seems a lot cleaner when washing the car and it doesn't have any of the film from the water. The amount of film from the water when you, for example, run the water in a sink or bathtub is unbelievable. There are stuff that look like they're floating on top when you don't filter and soften the water. This is especially true evident when you take a bath and use soap. You can see all that soap scum on the water.

The best way to tell what condition of water’s in when getting in the bath tub. It makes a difference with filtered water and it's luxurious. We have a water outlet on our refrigerator and if we didn't have the filtration we would never use it. We fill water bottles up with it and we use it for drinking water. I also use it for cooking and it makes a difference as well. The smell, odor, taste, the filtration system on our house is great and I recommended it to my dentist who was also looking for a water system for her business.

I owned a Kinetico water softener for 27 years and had it here installed in my house. I had a reverse osmosis under the sink but I found that unnecessary. It was too complicated and it had a tank and it had to have the air and the tank and seven pumps. It took a lot of gallons of water to make one gallon of cleared water. It was high priced though. But Pelican is one that resembles the system made in California and very similar with stainless steel tanks with the same style and idea.

Pelican Water

Thanks for the review, we are finding more and more customers are moving away from the old technology salt based softeners and moving to the easy maintenance, salt free water softener and filtration products. Great to hear that the installation was easy and you have noticed a difference in your water quality since installing the Pelican System.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I had Culligan Water for a while and they had to have a salt water tank and I didn’t want that. I have hard water so I needed a product to keep the crud from building up on the faucets. I looked up soft water conditioning systems online and the information in the Pelican Water’s website was helpful. It described everything. I got the system that I have to set up the filters in every six months. It conditions the water to where it doesn’t have as much of the white stuff that sticks to the faucet. If I do get some of that, it comes off easily when I scrub it and it doesn’t really stick, but it accumulates every once in a while.

The system was real easy to install and I'm glad I found something that works without having the salt tank because that was enormous and took up the whole closet in my garage. It made it a lot harder to get to the water heater and the well tank. I also ordered filters and all the stuff to change the filters every six months. I'm on the dot on those.

Pelican Water

Thank you for your review, we are pleased you were happy with the service our Sales Consultants gave you, they are trained to understand water quality problems and then work with clients to recommend a system that best meets your needs. So glad to hear since having your Pelican system, your not getting any rust stains in the water or on the faucets.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I wanted to make sure the water was safe to drink. We got the filtration system from Pelican and the sales consultant was very knowledgeable. He asked the number of bathrooms, square footage, number of people in the house so that we could get the size of the correct unit and make sure that what I was getting would meet the needs. They were understanding. They walked me through the system and told me, "We don't think you're going to need this but here's what we do want to send you because we think this is what you do need." That was appreciated.

I did a self-install so everything was great. I had one little issue with a leak and I spoke to Pelican about it. They overnighted me a new fitting the next morning and we were up and running. They have pretty good customer support with getting out what I needed right away. I have already recommended them. Since having our Pelican system, we're not getting any rust kind of stain in the water or on the faucets.

Pelican Water

So glad to hear that your skin feels softer and your hair is more manageable now that you are using a Pelican shower filter. Your research would have told you that you absorb chlorine through your skin as well as digesting when you drink. You mentioned concerns with Fluoride. Please keep in mind we have a Whole House Fluoride Filter that is very popular.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I used to sell retail water filters for a company so I kind of fancied myself as fairly knowledgeable in water filtration. I wanted to reduce chlorine primarily because I live in an agricultural area and there are some chemicals in our water that the EPA doesn't seem to be concerned about. I was doing some research online on eliminating fluoride and I saw Pelican Water Systems. I ended up ordering their shower filter online. It's quite pleasant that my skin felt softer and my hair has been more manageable with the filter, but I'd be even happier if I could treat the fluoride. I understand some alumina-based filters can remove a significant part of the fluoride, but that's beyond my budget right now. Overall, Pelican is a first-rate organization and I’m very impressed. It's nice to deal with their quality people and they sell a quality product. They do a good job and I have recommended them.

Pelican Water

Thank you for the feedback. We are so glad you chose Pelican over the competition after doing your due diligence. Its great to hear that you do not have any scale build up on the faucets anymore and the system is doing everything we said it would do. We love to earn A+ scores from our customers from the ordering process, delivery, the setup as well as the system.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

We were having water issues in my house, scale build-up and funny tasting water, among others. So, I had my house repiped because we were having pinhole leaks. My plumber had a thing about putting in a whole house water filter and he repiped it with better copper and said, "with the water filter it'd be good for a hundred years minimum.” I started doing some research online and narrowed it down to Aquasana and Pelican. It's the cost, ease of use, and space that helped me decide on Pelican. Their reps are very knowledgeable. They were able to answer all my questions, issues and concerns. I felt comfortable with them. They worked through what type of system I would need given the quality of water that we have. They provided me with the facts. They helped me in comparing between Pelican and Aquasana.

The installation was pretty straightforward. I decided to hire a local plumber that I checked out. The Pelican system came with instructions when it got delivered. I prepped the two canisters, then my plumber installed it in less than a couple of hours. It was pretty easy. My house was already set to have the water filter put in so, the plumber just connected everything up and he was on his way. With Pelican on, everybody noticed that the water tasted better. What my wife likes is we don't have the scale build-up on any of the faucets anymore. Also, every three months, I used to replace the hot water supply line because of the scale build-up that might cause it to rupture. It already ruptured years ago and caused a big flood. It was a mess. But now, with the filter in, it all works perfectly well. Pelican said I wouldn’t experience these problems anymore and they were right.

The whole process of them providing information, going through the ordering process, delivery, the setup, everything was just A plus. I've had to order additional pre-water filters and their customer service ordering process is terrific. My neighbor came over and looked at it. He ordered one and put it at his house. It's a great product. It does what they say and they have terrific customer service. I’m pleased with Pelican Water. They are a terrific outfit.

Pelican Water

We appreciate your feedback. Congrats on selecting one of our most popular systems (Filter/Softener Combo). So glad to hear your happy with your system and find it easy to maintain. We are pleased found our website easy to use and received great service from our Water Specialists. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of further assistance.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I needed a water system out here in Las Vegas and I found Pelican Water on the internet when I was living back in Pennsylvania. It's a brand new house and I have a whole house system, which has two tanks, from them. The interaction I had with the sales rep was excellent and ordering my filters on their website has been smooth. I'd like to find out a couple things that I want to know about the system but I don't have a manual so I have no idea about a whole bunch of stuff on it. Other than that, I like the system. It is good, it's been working fine and it's very easy to maintain.

Pelican Water

So glad to hear that you received such great service from our team. Very nice choice on the combo. Now that you have your shower filter and are happy with the water quality you may want to sign up for our Water Shields Auto Ship Club that automatically will send you your replacement shower filters when you need them at a special discounted price.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I wanted a shower water filter and I saw that Pelican has that. I purchased their shower filter and the shower combo, and their sales reps were very good. The experience and the service that I’ve had with Pelican has been good so far.

Pelican Water

Sorry to hear about the wrong part being included with your RO System, we have reviewed our quality control process and ensured we check the parts that we are including with our products. Regarding your suggestion for a SS faucet, we will have our product sourcing team look into a quality supplier for us.

Thank you for your compliments regarding James in our Technical Service Team, he is a great example of our commitment to customer service when we do occassionally make a mistake.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

Overall experience very good due to James at Ext **. Absent part at Drain Connection Assembly cause undue grief since wrong part included which prevented Drain tubing to be connected to drain. Other problem is that Pelican should also include stainless steel faucet. Most homes use stainless steel appliances not Chrome or Copper. This needs to be addressed. James was fantastic in helping me with everything. He made the sale possible.

Pelican Water

Thanks for complimenting our sales professionalism, we take great pride in having some of the best trained water specialists in the industry. So glad to hear that the Pelican Combo system has improved the taste and smell of your water and helped remove the scale from your faucets.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

We moved to a nice development, but the water wasn't very good for me. It's really hard and we get stains all over our devices and sinks. I wanted to eliminate that and feel a little safe that I've got some kind of filter system on the drinking water. The salesman from Pelican Water was very professional and informative. I purchased a filter and water softener from them which I installed myself and it was a lot easier than I thought. We no longer have any scale on the faucets and the sink drain, so that's a big plus. The water seems to be better. We used to get a bit of an odor to it sometimes, but I haven't really noticed that since having the system. Even without having the water professionally tested, I'm satisfied with it.

Pelican Water

We are pleased to hear that your experience with our website and sales professional was exceedingly positive, we continue to develop new tools and features that make researching our products easier to understand.

You purchased our best selling whole house filter and are now seeing the benefits of the chlorine being removed from your water.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I was looking for a whole house filtration system for new construction as my daughter built a new house and we put it in her house. The water in my house stains the porcelain and my daughter says that it was drying out their hair and skin. I saw Pelican Water Systems on the internet. Their website was easy to navigate and the pricing was already available on their site, making things clear and upfront.

The sales consultant that I talked to (John) was very helpful. I called him a couple of times to get further explanations on how the system worked and some of the technical aspects of it, and he was very good. He was the point that put me into Pelican because I had looked at some other brands too. I got a whole house carbon filtration with a pre-filter. The nice feature about that is that after a million gallons or five years, one just replaces the carbon and there is no need to replace the whole tank. The only problem we had was it came with some do-it-yourself piping fixtures which were plastic and we replaced those with copper because it was dripping. It was a part that we could buy from Pelican, and we had the plumber do it. Now, it is working fine and my daughter says her hair and skin are much nicer.

Pelican Water

Thanks for the response, yes one of the benefits of a Pelican Salt Free Water Softener is that we do overtime help reduce the existing scale build up in pipes and faucets. The benefit is that we are extending the life of your appliances and providing you with good quality water with the good minerals still in it.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Dec. 26, 2016

A couple of years ago, we bought a house and we were looking for a water softening system that also had a filtration system along with it. We talked to a few plumbers and one of those we spoke with said that he had a system that he would install because he was the authorized dealer of Pelican Water filtration systems. He told us to give it a try and so we went ahead and he ordered it through us. They were great when they did the installation, showed us how to work it and told us, “You’re still going to have some build-up but it’s in there now for your entire house.” They gave us a lot of good connections where we were able to access everything without having to bend down or get under something. That way we could just cut the water off there whenever we go out to change it. They gave us a lot of instructions on how to replace everything and when to replace the tank.

We know that the Pelican water system doesn’t take the hardness out of the water but we've also seen a lot of improvements. In some ways it's cleaning out many of our places as well as the pipes within the house. We just replaced one of the prefilters and when my husband took out the old prefilter, he saw a lot of the stuff that was in it and so we went ahead and bought two more so the next year we only have to replace them every six months. I feel a lot better knowing that I have that filtration system in place as well as the softener. For the money that we paid on getting it installed and buying the tanks, it was all worth it.

Pelican Water

Thank you for the compliment, we try and be professional in everything we do and it is good to know we are appreciated for it. It's great to hear that you have noticed a huge change in your water quality after installing your Pelican system.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

The staff from Pelican Water Systems were very professional. I like their products and I'm using it now. I live in South Carolina, so my water is not the greatest. With the system from Pelican, there's a big difference. The water is not as hard. It's a lot softer on your body. Their system is a good product.

Pelican Water

Who doesn't like sudsier soap, we are so happy to hear your water quality has improved that your bathing experience has improved. Drinking better quality water from your own kitchen faucet will hopefully save you some $$$ now you don't need to buy so much bottled water.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

We’re very happy with our Pelican water system. For the shower, the soap is more sudsier like soft water. It’s easier to shave, and the water definitely tastes better from the kitchen sink. I'm happy with it and recommend it.

Mahalo nui loa!
We are pleased to hear that our Pelican Salt Free Softener is providing you with better quality water with an easy maintenance schedule.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I live in Oahu, Hawaii where we have very hard water that can do a lot of damage. I had neighbors who found someone to put in a system that was very expensive that needed to be maintained twice a year. Then when I saw Pelican Water's e-mail and I talked to their reps, their system seemed so easy to use and it wasn't salt. Pelican is filter and I love the idea.

Pelican Water

We are so glad you did your research and then spoke to one of our Water Specialists. Thank you for the compliments on our installation manuals and videos, many of our customers install our products themselves and we try and give as much quality information and support to make it an easy process.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I moved into a new community that has very hard water, and there were some concerns from previous homeowners about the appliances going through problems with the harsh water. So, I did some research, and since I wanted a salt-free system, Pelican fit the bill. I first went online, did some research and then I had a couple of questions so I called and had a conversation with a guy. I was concerned about the filtering element and if I could put an additional purifier downstream. The rep answered those questions. So, everything was good. I got the natural system for water softener. I installed the system myself. The owner's manual was nicely written. The instructions and the guidelines from the pamphlet were simple and easy to follow. Since the installation, I’ve been noticing that we have softer water in the shower and in the kitchen. It's not as harsh as it was when we first moved in. So far, our experience with Pelican has been great.

Pelican Water

We all love great tasting coffee in the morning and more and more people are realizing you need great water to make great coffee. We are so pleased to hear that the Pelican Filter System is giving you the water quality you want for drinking and bathing from every faucet in your home. We also like the fact you appreciate how easy the system is to maintain.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I was looking for a water system because I had so many chemicals in my water. The water where I live is not of great quality. I didn't want the expense of having to drink bottled water or make coffee out of bottled water. I opted for the full house system from Pelican Water Systems even though I'm alone because I want just a separate system for one faucet or if I wanted to go with the complete house. It made more sense to me and it was more financially feasible. It's easy for me to get the filter replacement and easy for me to maintain. That was a big factor because I didn't want something that I couldn't change the filter on. The water taste much better and my coffee tastes great once the Pelican System was installed. I'm glad I don't have the flakiness on my skin that I used to have. I love my water system from Pelican. My experience has been exceptionally satisfactory.

Pelican Water

We are pleased to hear that we have dramtically improved the water in your home and can now bathe and drink with cleaner, healthier water. Also great to hear your expense on shampoo has been reduced as the "Pelican" water lathers much better.

Sorry about the part shipment of replacement filters, our records show that you spoke with one of our Customer Service team and they were able to ship them out to you.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

The Pelican Water System is a great and awesome system. I recommend it for everybody especially anybody who lives in the valley. I knew about Pelican Water Systems years and years ago and my neighbors have one of their systems which I actually have been taking care of and changing the filters. That's when I thought that I needed one and I went to Pelican's website. The website was pretty good. I got the three filter system which includes the reverse osmosis and water softener type. I also ordered an extra set of filters but I only received two out of the three and never received the other one.

Newman's water is really hard and it got so much sediment in it now. When I take towards the bottom of the well then turn the faucet on and put a glass of water, I can see the sediment settle at the bottom when I let the water sit down. But now, with the Pelican, there isn't. I grew up in this town and when I was growing up, the water was fine. I could drink it and it was fine. At present, it tastes gross and I wouldn't use it. But with Pelican, I can use it and it tastes fine again. It's awesome. I don't even need as much shampoo when I'm shampooing my hair. I'm really very satisfied with Pelican.

Pelican Water

It is great to hear that the Pelican combo meets all of your needs, hard water scale, cleaner better tasting water to drink, lower maintenance and better for the environment.
Your carbon water filter will need the media changed in 5 years, its a simple process, you are simply emptying the "used carbon" from the tank and then replacing it with "nee carbon". When you are ready for this process please call or Technical Support Team and they will be happy to walk you through the simple steps.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

PS: Congratulations on 43 years of marriage!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

My wife and I have been married for 43 years and every place we've been to, we had to have a water softener. My wife is allergic to salt and salt water, so I was looking for water softeners that did not use salt. I found out that Pelican had a good sale on so I talked to their rep, Keith, and he answered all my questions. I told him what I wanted and what I was looking for. Also what made me think more about their system was the price. It was listed at 46 and we got it for two. Then I got four extra filters because I figured that would last me a good while since I plan on changing it every two years, so I got 10 years of filters. It was sent through FedEx, and everything arrived undamaged and in good shape. Then Pelican gave me two people who would install the system.

From the day the system was installed, the water felt different and the soap lathered up more. There’s none of the slick feeling after a regular water softener filter that uses salt, although I don't mind it. But my wife says she could tell a big difference when she gets out of the shower. Within a week’s time, it even got better. In the first week, the system is cleaning some of the buildup out of the pipes removing iron and minerals, so when washing clothes, we don't get the hardiness and our washed clothes have improved 80%. We now get purer water so everything is cleaner, and feels and looks better. It also works using the same soap that we've always used. And the water tastes 100% better. I could use it for anything including tea or coffee. The no salt, no electricity and no flushing features of the system helped us out, too.

The system is compact and I would recommend it over any salt system. I would also recommend the carbon filter and the small filter instead of just having the water softener type because it can filter the water anytime especially that, nowadays, water is bad. The filters will make the water much better. We got the small filter with carbon and tank and they said that we didn’t need to do anything with the water softener tank. But the maintenance of the system was my concern, where the carbon filter has to be replaced after so many years and it can’t be replaced without replacing the whole tank. But then it says on the tank that if its seal is broken, the product is going to be void. I’m then wondering how to replace the carbon without replacing the tank. So I talked to the installer and he said they had a client that when it did come time to replace his tank, Pelican took the old tank and put a new one in.

Also, with our Pelican system, we don’t have to go in and flush out the pipes every year with either vinegar or descaling agent. Instead, I might have to do that every five years because it's almost 97% descaling all the time. Another thing is that they say the filter is good for six months to a year but I think we can go a year and a half to two years easy. Before, we've always had water softeners that have salt and we always got the reverse osmosis because the water softener salt does not give filtered water for drinking and it needs to have some other type of filter to do that. And this Pelican system has that and they said to change it every year. I changed it a year and a half but it didn't even look like it was used. There was no buildup or discoloration and we even used the filtered water for drinking and cooking.

Pelican Water

We are pleased you have resolved your water quality issues and that the Pelican System is giving you drinkable water. If you ever need clarification on any of our products please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Service Team on 877-842-1635

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

We're having problems with the water softener because it was getting old and it needed a replacement. So, we talked to our plumber and he's recommended Pelican Water Systems. I went on to their website and found the product that I needed. It was easy to determine which system and their prices were clear, but the one we bought was not really explained that well. Though we asked so far about that and it was advised that it would be a good deal, though I thought it was cluttered. It's an osmosis system and the water is better when we have it. I just changed the filters the other day which was relatively easy and the taste of the water has been better. Overall, the system was good and I would recommend it.

Pelican Water

We are so glad our Shower Filter are helping you bathe more enjoyably, chlorine in your water not only smells bad but you absorb it through your skin so you get double the trouble. You should consider signing up for our WaterShield Auto Club as you can lock in price savings for the next 5 years on replacement filters and they are sent to you automatically.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

My hair falls out a lot and my daughter has really dry skin. She has eczema sometimes that breaks out. I thought there was something that could help the situation. I went online and saw Pelican Water Systems. I bought two showers, the one with the wand, from them and I have it in both of my bathrooms. I like them. They are great and easy to use. You can feel the difference in the quality of the water. It doesn't leave your skin as dry and you don't smell all of the chlorine.

Pelican Water

Thank you for the feedback, we agree the fact that a Pelican Combo system doesn't waste water is good for the environment and your wallet. In California many cities and towns are now banning the old technology salt based softeners due to the water they waste and the additional concern they are putting salty water back into local the water supply.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Pelican Water is a great company to work with. What I read and liked about Pelican Water was that it doesn't backwash water, so there's no water waste. We have very hard water where I live, and I got interested in it. Eight years ago, I bought from them a filter-softener combo online. I had a couple of questions, and somebody through their chat answered me. The system is great. It works and is also easy to maintain. I also did my second water treatment system purchase in a different house since I'm getting the plumbing replaced.

Pelican Water

We are so glad to hear we have improved the taste of your water in Tuscon, AZ. It must feel great to brush your team without the smell of chlorine from the water overpowering you. Drinking straight out of the tap has hopefull reduced the amount of money you are spending on bottled water.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

We get a lot of sediment in Tucson and the water just tasted terrible. I didn’t even know about Pelican at that time. So I called up a plumbing company and a guy came out and he told me about it. And I put it in and I’ve been very happy with it. I got a whole home system. It’s got these two metal canisters that are side by side. Before, I could hardly even stand to brush my teeth with the water. We went out and bought a water cooler and all of our coffee and drinking water. But when I bought the water system, I can drink right out of the tap and the water’s very good.

Pelican Water

We are glad to hear you are noticing a difference in the quality of your water, moving from a old technology salt based softener to a salt free softener will certainly ensure you notice a marked difference in the feel and taste of the water. Sorry to hear about your pvc pipe fitting when undertaking the install, we do sell a installation kit with our point of entry systems that can simplfy and help standardise most of the install.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Our water supply is a little hard. We used to have a saltwater system softener, but it eventually went bad after 16 years, so I thought of getting another water softener and looked for one online. I had heard that there were water softeners that did not require salt, so I wanted to do a set up, and that's how I found Pelican Water. I had a lot of information about the water, so I simply went to the website and started reading more about the water softener, and read the comments from other people, and that's when we decided to buy the NS3 unit from Pelican. Since our Pelican system was installed, the water doesn't have that slimy feel that it used to have before. Furthermore, we've already noticed that our stainless steel dishwasher is starting to clean up a little bit and getting rid of some the haze from the particles, such as calcium, off of it.

About the only bad issue I had with the system is that the pipe threaded fittings were very difficult to seal. The Teflon tape was definitely no good and did not work at all. I had to put a pipe dope in there, especially in the filter. I was using PVC fittings and the female PVC fittings are a little flaky at best. But the male ones are usually very good and the filter required two one-inch males. They actually bottomed out in the socket out of the filter, before they could seal. So, there was no tapering in the threads to actually start to create a seal. The pipe threaded fittings needed a little change in the machining, because their machining is phenolic, and it's not like they're machining metal. But apart from that issue, the rest was very easy. Once I got those pipe threaded fittings sealed up, the system worked like a champ.

Pelican Water

Firstly thanks to your friend for the referral, we hope they claimed their $50 reward under our Refer A Friend Program. Glad to hear we have addressed the iron in your water and that it is helping with the dryness in your skin.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I first heard about Pelican from a friend. When I called them, I told them exactly what I needed and got the full home water filter system. We still have iron in the water but it seems better and our skin isn't so dry. Overall, it's been a positive experience and we like it.

Pelican Water

Who doesn't like good hot great tasting coffee in the morning, so glad to hear we have helped prevent the scale build up on your expensive coffee machine, by buying the UV you have added an extra layer of protection by ensuring 99.9% of the potential bacteria in your water are killed. Make sure you replace your UV lamp as recommended, you can ensure delivery and savings by signing up for our WaterShield AutoShip program.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

We had a water test done and found some bacteria in our water. I knew about the UV and RO systems and I ordered them from Pelican. I had to have a plumber come and install it since I bought it from somebody in Texas. I've observed that since getting the Pelican system installed, our Keurig coffee maker doesn't get any calcium buildup in it.

Pelican Water

We are so pleased to hear that we have helped you improve your water quality issues. Its great that you appreciate the benefits for your personally but also the bigger environmental picture of not wasting water during the filtration and softening process, or adding salt brine back into the water supply. As you pointed out over the life of the system $ for $ a Pelican system is the best value for money on the market.

Pelican Customer Satisfaction Team

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

It was about five years ago when I was looking for a whole house water filtration system. I searched the net and then my local area. There are a lot of systems out there that are fancy, with bells and whistles, and more complicated. There’s all that back flush but I didn’t want any of that. I wanted something very simple like Pelican.

I have a whole house carbon medium filter and then a water softener but it’s different. It doesn’t take out the minerals. It just breaks the mineral crystals down to smaller fragments and they don't tend to get stuck on our piping as much. It’s a one-time thing. It lasts for 30 years and there’s no additional work. I got a water treatment system because I got tired of the chlorine and then there were other things in the water like pesticides. Pelican does not remove everything but it removes the chlorine and a few other things. When I get out of the shower, my skin doesn’t feel like parchment. It’s a lot better. And my skin has become, over the years, softer without all that chlorine.

Pelican provides a good, no-nonsense product and it was a lot cheaper than the other systems. When people do the research, those other systems aren’t really much better and they’re more costly. Pelican can also offer an ultraviolet bacterial thing that they can add to it. They also make more sense - less water usage and I don’t have all this extra that increases the price with diminishing returns.