Customer Reviews

4.83/5
based on 330 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I've had problems with my skin ever since I started living in my house so I decided to try as much as possible to improve my skin. I then got a shower filter from Pelican and I've had a nice experience with them. Now the water comes out nice and I've noticed that my skin is smoother. I like that I can change the shower heads so I also got the shower head which has the removable handheld or stock up on the top and it’s very easy to replace them.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We got a little hard water where we live and our shower head used to get all crusty from it. I purchased a shower filter from Pelican Water Systems and their website was easy to navigate and had a lot of information. Since putting the filter in, I haven’t had any problems. It's working out for me really well.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Pelican Water's sales consultant has been helpful. I was looking for filters and I told him what I needed. He pointed me in the right direction, got the right filters and the combination, and helped me contact the support for issues. I ordered online, had everything set up, and then I had to contact the sales guy back so he would get credit for the sale. I purchased the full system which includes the magnesium filter, water filter, and water softener.

I went on Pelican Water's website to get instructions on how the set up would be and I did the installation myself and overall, it was very straightforward. I went to the instruction multiple times to make sure I had it all in the right order. The only issue I’ve had was how much chlorine I really needed and how to balance it out. But I’ve contacted the support for clarification on how much chlorine was needed and how to do the chlorine measuring. And the installation has been successful. So far, the water system seems to be doing what it’s supposed to be doing. I left town a couple of weeks after it got installed. And I feel the water started getting better. The softener function is working correctly. Glasses in the dishwasher are clearing up. And the smell on the water is gone so the sulfur and magnesium problems are gone. Overall, I’m happy.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have my Pelican system for five years and I am very pleased with the water. I had too much calcium in my water and it was fogging up the faucets and that’s when I decided to get the whole home system. I have the carbon filter, as well as the sediment filter. Having a Pelican system was the most economical way of doing it because water is important to our health, as well as the conditions of the plumbing in the home. It caused me a lot of headaches in having to replace showerheads and to clean out the faucets throughout the home. I also changed out the water heater about the same time as I put in the Pelican water system for the whole house since there was a problem with it. I've noticed a big improvement in the water since then. More homes should consider Pelican Water.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Three and a half years ago, I was at one of those outdoor-indoor fairs where they have all kinds of stuff on home improvement. At the time, I was in the process of buying a home and I was going to renovate the entire house, which included replacing all of the pipes and electrical. I figured it would be a great time to put in a whole home filtration system. The Pelican consultant was a local rep in the Phoenix area. They explained to me the way the system worked. When I was ready to buy it though, he had gone out of business, so I contacted Pelican directly and I worked with them out of Florida. They answered all my questions. I placed an order with them, they delivered it and it was error free. I also followed the instructions and the YouTube videos and did the installation myself.

I purchased the two tank system that has the charcoal filter and the water softener combined. The water softener portion of it doesn't work like a salt system does, but the benefits are it's not adding salt to your water and it's more ecologically friendly than a salt system. It's been great because I've gone on to order additional string filters that I have to replace every three months. They've always fulfilled my orders without any problem and they're easy to deal with. The water in Tempe, Arizona is horrible, and ever since I installed the system, the water tastes good, it's clean and it looks good.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

We're very happy with Pelican. It's not as soft as a saltwater softener, but it's doable. The fact that we don't have to carry salt around and lift any bags is a real plus. We got the salt-free system because we were getting ready to retire and we didn't want to have to be figuring a salt bag, checking it up at the store, putting it in the cart and taking it out of the cart, and lifting it to the water softener. It was a lot of lifting that we did not want to have to deal with. We had a salt system before. My husband didn't like the real soft water, but I did. If you're one that does not like the real slimy effect, the Pelican salt-free water system is great. We've recommended our system to friends and they bought it.

But when had to call Pelican back when changing the filter, dispatching was so hard on it. We had a real hard time doing that. We've had to call a plumber a couple of times because we were afraid we were going to tear the pipe out of the wall. The plumber did a few things to it to adjust that. So, that was a problem in changing the filters. Also, I don't know at what point do I change the filters. I don't know if there would be a visual, noticeable difference that would tell me the filters need changing.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

We live in an area that has extremely hard water. The middle of Kansas is just a chop of a limestone bedrock. We didn’t want to do the salt added back wash systems, which is what most people have around. In addition to the Pelican system we also installed a double step of ceramic magnets on the water line coming into the house. We don’t get as much line in roughed in the system, but the Pelican filter takes out a lot of the roughed, which is a huge problem around here. It also helps take out the calcium in the line. If we didn’t use Pelican our faucets would corrode more often than every 10 years. If you’re looking for that silky feel of salted water, this is not for you. But if you’re looking for something that is ecologically much better, I would recommend Pelican.

They recommend changing filters every six months, but we change our every three just because we get so much crud from the water, and we’re happy to do that. We used to buy our filters in packs of eight though, and they trimmed the size down to half of what we used to buy. The price had gone up a little bit too, which is interesting. I think it's because of the the initial price. People are likely to buy something that is 60 dollars as opposed to 120. That made sense, and also shipping weight. Now we order twice as often.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I've been with Pelican for quite a long time. I was with them when I had my first house years ago, and I lived in that house for 20 years. I had salt because I had well water, and I got a whole house filter for the water in the basement. Then I moved to another building, and the water there was hard. Before that, I was in another apartment and the water smelled like bleach. I got a Pelican system for drinking and I got one for the shower. Then I moved from there to another place and used the Pelican system there. I just moved into my new home and I hooked up the system here. I use it for both the shower and drinking water. Now when I shower, I don’t itch anymore. Everybody I talked to at Pelican was very courteous and kind. They took my order, I gave them my credit card number and they shipped the system out. They're nice people and every time I talk to them, there's no hard sell.

With the water out of the faucet, I use the Pelican system. The only thing I didn’t like was the faucet part. Pelican has a plastic thing that screws up into the faucet. I should've mentioned it to the rep when I talked to him last because that goes bad after a while and they don’t hold. When you turn that knob to turn on the water from the filter and that goes through there, that wears down too. I took the plastic piece with me and went to the hardware store and got a metal one. I screwed that up and now it'll last forever.

I also had a little bit of a problem hooking it up here 'cause I'm arthritic and I had to take my time trying to do it because it was hard to get it tightened up to the stem coming out of that wall. But it worked out. If I could afford it, I'd probably put a whole Pelican house filtering system, but it's just too much money. I'm a disabled veteran, and it's hard for me financially to do that.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

My son has a Pelican system so I looked it up on the internet. It was easy for me to get through their website. I got a combo softener and alter UV and so far, it’s been super and it's made a big difference. Now my water doesn’t smell, I can drink it and I can take a shower with it. It’s also not hard anymore. The plumber guy who installed it called me, came in and he knew exactly what to do. He was top-notch and he's experienced in everything. He was very friendly and I really liked him.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I only had hard water here and coming from Idaho, I know the water in many places tends to have contaminants. I was not very impressed with the public water system and the filters they had. Since I could also get soft water at the same time from Pelican, I went ahead and purchased it. The sales rep was wonderful, courteous and very knowledgeable. Every contact I’ve had with them has been outstanding. Also, the system was easy to install. The piping here at the house is new so everything glues together, so it was a piece of cake. Now the water is nice and soft. I feel a lot better having the water filtered and having most of the contaminants removed.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Building a brand new house on a well, I knew we had hard water. I didn’t want a salt water system so I did the combo system with the UV filters for the whole house with Pelican Water. I started with 20-inch filters and a month ago, I replaced the UV filter. The system has been great and I have had them a little more than a year now. They’ve been wonderful and everything is going great. The system is easy to maintain and it keeps the water clean.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have a water well and I know it has Calcium in it. I was looking for something to get rid of this Calcium from this house. I was browsing some water softener systems online and saw Pelican Water. My interaction with the rep was great and I couldn't ask for any better. I was told in my initial live chat that I need to take a water sample and have it analyzed. They sent me the stuff to do it and I sent it back. Everything was done in a timely manner. It's very enlightening and easy to understand what they were trying to say as far as the technical stuff. I haven't purchased yet and I told the person that I had talked to that when my mobile home gets delivered then I would call them back to purchase the salt-free water softener. I have recommended Pelican Water to my daughter. She's also getting a mobile home and will purchasing a Pelican System.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I was building a house and I wanted to put a system in. I did my homework and Pelican Water Systems was the only one that had a 5-star rating. Their sales rep told me what I needed to know about how everything was and how long it would last. Our key goal was to get something that is going to provide good quality water for at least 10 years or so before I had to go in there and do major re-modification.

I've called in for service over the two years that I've had the system and I've been pleased with the majority of things. I got a couple quirks, but the quality of water is consistent and good so I can live with these few imperfections although I'm trying to figure out a way of doing away with them. I've decided what I'm going to do with that and probably implement a modification to the system and take care of a few things that need to be taken care of.

Their website was easy to navigate and it was easy to get all the info I needed. However, they don't say anything about the charcoal residue buildup. If they can put another in-line filter before or after the ultra-violet filter, they can eliminate the charcoal. Once it goes out of the big stainless steel tank that has the charcoal in it and out of the tap, you start having charcoal buildup and have to periodically clean your faucet head. Otherwise, you get these big, black chunks of charcoal buildup.

When we moved into the house it was up and going and we have not had any problems with it. I wish that these little light bulbs would last longer, but I replace them annually like they suggested. I don't know if they've gone bad or not, but it's inexpensive enough to replace them. I'm extremely pleased and would recommend them to everybody.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We’re on a well system and the sulfur odor is really bad as well as the water discoloration. My husband ordered the system from the website. We got a big metal thing full of charcoal and a little blue thing that we replace the filter once a month. It’s cleaned up our water. It doesn’t smell and it’s cleaned up the discolorations in the tubs, the showers, and the toilet.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I did a search for a different property for the UV bacteria killer filter four years ago, and when I made my latest move going to where I had a well, I remembered Pelican Water and gave them a call. Their reps were extremely helpful and informative. They told me that the UV filter wouldn’t work because I had a high iron concentration and that didn’t work very well with bacteria in higher iron water so, they suggested a chlorine injector system which would also be able to remove the iron and magnesium. It all sounded good and they took my order, sent it off to me and it went well. My salesman did an excellent job.

On the other hand, I still have some water hardness issues. I have a non-salt softener and my wife doesn’t accept that so, I’m in the process of coming up with a salt softener to replace the non-salt one. I already have over $5,000 invested in my water project which is more than I can handle. I tried to go with Pelican but I couldn’t make the numbers work for me. I ended up going outside of Pelican for the salt softener. But as far as the iron concentration is concerned and the taste of the water, it’s perfect.

In addition, my chlorine injector started making noise after I got it installed. I called the service tech and they said they needed to have the seals greased. They should have greased it before they sent it to me. They told me how to fix it and I greased the seal, which took me about an hour and it was all done. Now, it works perfectly. Also, their website is excellent, easy to use and helpful. I couldn’t find my paperwork for my chlorine injector so I went to their website and they had a PDF file that gave me all the information.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I have had Culligan and Whirlpool before and I wasn't happy with those. Pelican seemed really nice and I was impressed with it. Their rep was helpful and I bought the system that goes under the sink and has seven filters. I absolutely love it. It’s the first time I've ever had clear ice cubes and that lets me know that the system works. I’m happy and I know that my water is good.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

We have fairly hard water and it was coming in the heat. Our skin would get dry and we were looking for an alternative to that water. I researched online and saw Pelican Water Systems. Their website answered all my questions and there were a lot of reviews on there from people. I purchased the single unit that goes out in the shower that you replace the filter with it and it was very easy to install. We’ve noticed our dry skin has kind of dissipated. Pelican delivered on what it said it would do, so I’m very pleased.

4.00/5

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We have hard water in this area so, I wanted something to hopefully descale or make it a little bit softer without all the salt and the expensive normal type of conditioning system. I stumbled on to Pelican Water Systems online then I called them and they seem to be very knowledgeable. The sales consultant answered my questions. After that, I ordered online a whole system, salt-free, for my home. It's on my main water line now. Since using it, I have to take off the faucet heads and empty those because there are chunks of scale coming out. The system must then be working.

But I think Pelican could do a better job in showing how to install the unit and what else is needed to get with it. It might have made a difference in whether I purchased from them or not. Pelican asked me to install the system the way it is, without having to do anything but to get it set up properly, I have to get this and that terms. I am not buying the $220 worth of brass fittings, in addition to the cost of the system, to get the system installed.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

The Pelican sales rep was excellent and he explained everything. We had the salt-less system from them. The one with two silver containers and carbon filter. The guy that came and installed the Pelican system was absolutely fantastic. He was very helpful and he went over the whole system with me. He cleaned up and he didn’t make one piece of mess. Since having the system, my wife doesn’t have itchy skin or allergies anymore. There are also no more marks in the shower and the water tastes better.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

We’ve had the Pelican for about three years now and we got their system for the UV light. Not realizing that Pelican was supposed to send me the UV light every year, I changed the number on our credit card and they couldn’t access it. They sent me an email about the card but I ignored and deleted it months ago because of all of the commercial stuff I got and the incident of my wife having cancer. Yet I keep a record of when I change the filter and the light so when I looked at it, I saw that I had not changed the filter and we had not received the UV light. Then I called them, found out what was going on and we straightened it out. They sent me the light and it had been well. I also had one occasion where the light was new but the red lights were on one or two months after changing it. I called them about it and they sent me a new one without charge.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

We ordered Pelican's water system over the phone after we we looked online to see what options we had for a salt-free system. The reps were helpful whenever we spoke to them and the system was installed a couple of months ago. It’s been working great and very easy to work with. We don’t have to put salt in it every couple of weeks. Now, we don’t have to change our faucets out and clean all of them every month or two. Also, our heating element in our hot water on demand don’t get so full of lime that it stops working and the flow is free. We’re happy to use a salt-free system.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I got the whole home filtration and water softening with UV protection from Pelican. Their sales consultant confirmed the selections I had already made and it was a very pleasant experience. The new system doesn't dump a load of water out every day like the old one did. I also don't have to put salt in it anymore, which is wonderful. The water tastes excellent, too.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I wanted to have water without a bunch of chemicals and a friend told be about Pelican Water. I ordered their shower filter directly from their website which was easy to do. Everything was on schedule and I installed the filter myself. Ever since I had the filter, the water feels better.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Pelican Water Systems. I was looking for a filter for my shower because I felt like there's a lot of chlorine in it. I got online and ordered a shower filter with the handheld head. After installing it, the water didn't have that chlorine smell anymore. The only problem I had was that the hook that hooks up to the thing that comes out of the showerhead was plastic. And after a week of using it, it broke. I called them and they said that I have warranty, so they sent me out a whole new system. It seems to be doing fine now. They fixed the problem that I had and I'm happy with the system. I have no complaints.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I was putting together a water system for my cabin and I needed a UV light. I was searching online and saw Pelican Water Systems as a good outlet for those type of devices and appliances. It looked like they had a lot to choose from and a lot of good support and information available. I first bought the light and the pre-filter. And this year, I had to buy a replacement light and I went back to Pelican Water because that's where I got it and I knew I would get the proper replacement. They also have prices to choose from. Their sales representatives were really good. They cleared up a lot of questions I had and they are the experts so I listened. My experience was simple and effective. I have a lot of respect for their company and will certainly give their name to people that are looking for those type of devices. I've given their name to several people who are now doing water systems.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I live in Bisbee, Arizona where the water is very hard water and also the Naco-Mexico Sewer Plant is upstream from the well that sources the Bisbee water. The Pelican Water System I got has a tank that I have to change the filter every six months. It's not the complete system but it works in conjunction with the water softener I already had which is still working. The people at Pelican have been easy to work with and their product is a good one.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Our water is very bad, so we checked out treatment systems. I started out ordering on the Pelican website, but when the chat came up, I started chatting with the salesman. He called me and asked if I would order directly from them. He was very helpful and finished the order for me. It was quick and he even gave me a special deal on the filters we needed, so I got a year's supply when I purchased the whole house filter system. We've had it for 30 days, and I'm sure that our water pipes were really in bad shape. We noticed that the white calcium is getting less on our fixtures and my dishes are coming out a lot cleaner. I'm happy with Pelican, but it's going to take a while to clean everything out in our system, so I still don't drink the water from it. Hopefully, it will keep getting better and we’ll be able to do away with the old water. I'm happy with the system so far.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I'm from Arizona and I have very hard water. I wanted to improve the water quality and someone told me that the only way to get soft water is to use a salt type system. I didn’t want to go back to that, so I started researching and found the solution on Pelican's website, which was very easy to navigate. I could find the products I needed and there was a frequently asked questions section that also answered most of my questions before I called in to place the order. I spent a lot of time on the website looking at the different products they offered and did all my research there. I followed up with calls to get my additional questions answered.

The gentleman I dealt with was very informative. He covered everything thoroughly during the initial conversation. After thinking about it based on the additional research I had, I called back and asked some questions, which he was always able to answer. I was particularly looking for a solution that did not involve salt and lake water and he gave me the confidence I needed to go ahead and make the decision to go with a salt-free system. I purchased their Pelican Combination System, a whole house combination system that includes a whole house filter and the salt-free water softener system.

One of my concerns was the hard water calcium buildup on my faucets throughout the house. Almost immediately, I cleaned them and noticed that there's no additional accumulation, which tells me that their system is doing what they described it would do. One thing that really got my attention was when they said it's third-party verified. I've had the system in for about maybe two months now and it's reducing the calcium build up and giving me soft and clean water throughout the home. The performance has been fantastic and the maintenance on it is going to be easy. It's been an excellent system so far and I am thrilled overall.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

The reps from Pelican Water are the greatest people I’ve met. They get right to the point. They've been on time as far as mailing and delivery are concerned and I can't say anything bad about them. I got their 3-Stage filtration system and there has been a big difference since then. It cleaned up the water and took care of all the water stains and hard water. Pelican gets it done.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I live in Flint, Michigan and I wanted to make sure my children are protected even in the shower so I decided to get Pelican Water. The website is extremely detailed and it's very helpful when you have all the information in front of you. I had to really get into reading it just to make sure I was getting the right thing 'cause there's all kinds of options. But all I really wanted was the actual shower head and the removable piece, so I got it. They do a great job on their website. It was easy to understand and navigate through. Their reviews online are excellent too.

I did everything online and then I put the products in myself. It was really easy to follow the instructions, making sure I put the tape on to be secure so there won't be any leaks. I just couldn't tighten it as much as I wanted to so I asked my husband to do so and the installation was really easy. Now, the water pressure's better and there's way more options on how I want the spray to come out so that's definitely beneficial. The water is clearer too. I also liked the soap bar that came with it. That was pretty cool and I'm just very grateful that these things are out there.