Customer Reviews

4.59/5
based on 109 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Because of the smell of the water in the house, I looked for water filtration systems. The Pelican Water sales representative was amazing and he did a very good job. He was patient and he took the time to explain on the phone. And even after the purchase, he followed up. He gave a very nice service and he also walked us through setting up everything when I called him. I’m very happy with the salesperson and I'm very happy with the system too. My water now smells nice and clean. It's a big difference.

5.00/5

The water in Flagler Beach sucks. We went with Pelican Water Systems after seeing that there was no salt in their system and liking their marketing. The people at the home show were nice and they convinced us. Their consultant and I worked out really well and installation went great. When I ordered the filters for the system, their guys were very quick in returning the next day. We’ve been very, very happy with our water system. We don’t buy bottled water anymore.

5.00/5

We live in the Texas Hill Country and this is one of the hardest limestone infiltrated areas of the country. We had a house with no filtration, and we had coliform positive in the well water when we purchased the house, so we needed to install a system. My husband is a combat veteran that has sensitivities when the coliform is increased in the water. Pelican was more expensive, but their website was able to educate me on each of the steps for each of the parts of the things that I had purchased, and that was important because I couldn't make any mistakes in what exactly I needed for my house based on my husband's health issues.

I did the installation myself, but when I had technical questions, I called and completely noted out with specific valve installation. They enjoyed my noting out on these little specifics and details because I was calling for specific questions, and then they gave me those answers. The only thing that wasn't communicated clearly was the issue of the water conditioner, and how it is still gonna have the hard water, not taking the hardness out of the water. If the hardness is still there, a UV filter won't work because the hardness and the particulates of the limestone particles that are in the water will cast a shadow if you use a UV light. And if there's a little piece of bacteria behind the little particle, it won't kill it. So, we put a chlorinator on the system before it goes into the Pelican part of my system. That way, any bacteria is killed. And then once it goes into my Pelican home system, it gets filtered in multi-stages.

We have such hard water, we got the RO filter at the sink about three years ago, and then we had to change the filter on it. We noted that was when the water started tasting bad, then we changed the filter on it for the first time. As soon as we changed the filter once it was at its capacity, the water tasted fine again, but it was expensive. We were looking at what we pay and the price of buying bottled water versus using an RO filter, and I don't know if we saved money that way. If I would have bought water for the last two years, it would be the same or maybe less than the cost of the RO filter plus having to change the RO filter's filter. For the other filters on the system, I don't buy new Pelican ones, but I take them out, wash them and put them back in.

I have a couple of pre-filters and then I have a carbon filter to remove the chlorine that I had used. And then, it goes into the water conditioner. I also needed a post-filter so I added it to catch anything that bubbled up out of the carbon filter and the water conditioner. I have a RO filter under my sink if we want the water without the hardness. But the hardness is still there, it just doesn't stick in the rest of the house.

Our home had no filtration system before, and when we had to pull the toilets to replace the little rings on the toilets, there was so much hard water. It was probably 35% caked on on the side. By putting Pelican's water conditioner, it loosened up all that limestone. It was like the pipes were getting cleaned because the build-up within the pipes and big chunks of stuff were coming out for a week. We knew that was gonna happen because that's what it said on the website to expect when you have this kind of limestone build-up, and we haven't had any problems.

I like to show off my system because I got 14 stages in the whole thing combined. I like to see and educate the people around here because we don't have any industry out here in the Texas Hill Country. I have recommended Pelican, but most people around here said the whole system is too expensive, and in San Antonio, there are some other companies that are offering the same sorts of steps in the system but at cheaper rates. It doesn't look as nice because they don't have nice stainless-steel cylinders, but a lot of people are looking simply at the price.

5.00/5

We had a lot of calcium in our water. We’d never had a softener in here, so we decided to put one in. I researched the ones that were out there on the market and Pelican seemed to know what they were talking about. I started looking at what they had advertised when I was getting ready to buy, and for an old man, it was pretty easy for me to find what I was looking for. I got the one with a big filter for it and it seems to be working okay so far. We’ve noticed a big difference in our water here. It takes less shampoo and less shower gel.

5.00/5

We got the whole house million gallon system from Pelican Water. Their reps were great and when I talked to them on the phone, they were very polite and helpful. I also used their website to do the refills and it was super easy to use. I like that they autoship their refills, too. I have the system for four months now and so far, the water is much cleaner. We had a salt water softener before and the water is much cleaner with Pelican. Plus, the water tastes better to my children.

5.00/5

We had a new home and I was looking for something that would be a whole house filter. I had used a carbon filter for a long time and I wanted a reverse osmosis at the sink. So, since Pelican offered that, and because it offered the minerals that add back at the end through the reverse osmosis I chose it. I looked to see what the system offered as far as the whole house system first, and it seemed like I did not have to change filters really often. They lasted a period of time, so that was good. It was also recommended by people that had used it before.

I've been changing my filters myself, and that worked out fine. But I had to get a new tank for the reverse osmosis because it failed. It seemed like I wasn’t getting enough pressure on reverse osmosis system. But after I replaced the tank, that seemed to correct the problem. So, I felt like they dealt with my issue when I got it fixed and it wasn’t that hard. The biggest difference I noticed having the system was in the icemaker. My ice cubes looked clearer, and so that comes from the reverse osmosis as well. As far as comparison in showers and things like that, I had other filters on my showers before, but it's really nice to be able to not have that extra hooked on your showerhead. So, I do notice that I feel like I'm getting a whole house filtered water and not have to have extra filters to change on each showerhead. I have recommended Pelican. My daughter’s family in Oklahoma has the whole house system, and they like it too.

5.00/5

I got Pelican's shower filter after reading about the type of filter and the materials within that filter, that plus the reviews. I got it through online order and installed it all myself. I got plenty of e-mails along the process, with the shipping and tracking. Using the filter I immediately could tell that my skin wasn’t as dry after using the filter, which was a big thing. It cleaned up the chemicals in the water going inside my body, so I’m drinking purified water. The filter lasts six months and then they will automatically send me another one. I thought that was pretty cool. That way, I didn’t have to remember when I got this. I’m pleased and I definitely will recommend them.

5.00/5

I was looking to find some filter that would work, and I ended up with Pelican because of their price and the way things looked on their website. I bought the whole house system directly from the website which was easy to navigate through. I’m still using the system and I just replenished the media in it this past six months. My brother moved up here near me, and he also purchased the same system.

5.00/5

The water here in Lake Havasu City is terrible. A friend of mine installed a Pelican system in his house, and told me about it. I did some research, and then we also bought one. I did the whole thing online. I put it on my basket and waited until they offered me a discounted price, and then ordered it. We got the immediate filter, the water filter and then the water conditioner. So, we've got two big tanks and a little one on the wall. With the system installed, after a week, we could drink the tap water, which was my primary concern. The mineral deposits on dishes and the shower door are reduced, but they're still there. They tell you that in their literature, and that’s not an indication that the system isn't working. I recommended Pelican to several people.

5.00/5

I have a well and a water system that produces a lot of manganese and iron. After having done all the research on all these other companies, I figured that Pelican would give me the support that I needed long after I had installed the system, and that's the way it turned out to be. I got the Pelican system that had that particular capability of removing the iron and manganese. It was better than most of the other companies that I talked with. In fact, they were a cut above just about everybody else that I've talked with, because first of all, I got somebody on the phone right away. And compared with the other companies that I talked to, a lot of times, I never did talk to anybody, and they never called me back. So Pelican was a company that gave me confidence immediately.

The differences are absolutely noticeable, specifically with the taste of the water. Also, it doesn't have the same iron and manganese deposits on the appliances. When my wife takes the shower or washes her hair, she notices the difference. And the water is not nearly as hard as it was. And it's easier to wash clothes. So, everything about this system has changed for much better. I am very, very happy with Pelican. I've had a few follow-up calls to ask them some specific questions about the system, and there's always somebody there to answer my questions professionally and capably. They knew what they were talking about and helped me through any issues that I needed. It was a delightful experience dealing with Pelican, and I wouldn't deal with anybody else at this point.

5.00/5

3-Stage Premium Shower Filter 5 ft want with model number PSF-WC looks good in our bathroom. We will also use it for our special child for her special needs. We choose it for our health and avoid damage to our hair.

5.00/5

Original review: June 2, 2018

I wanted to get rid of the chlorine because we're on city water. I talked to a contractor here in town and they recommended Pelican. We went with their whole home system. It has a sediment filter and then it has two tanks, one with carbon media in it which takes out the taste and smell of chlorine. And then there's one that's a salt-free water softener. The installation went perfect and we've had the system now for about five years.

The sediment filter needs to be changed every six months and as the manual said, the carbon media in one tank should be replaced after five years or 100,000 gallons. And after five years of having the system installed, we could start smelling the chlorine again. However, when it was time to replace the media, the company I bought the system from and installed it didn't have a clue what I was talking about. And they were not helpful at all. So I did my own research online and found a company to ship me the media and went from there. It came from some place in Florida and the company was very good. It was free shipping and I got the stuff quickly. Their instructions for changing it were perfect too.

5.00/5

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had a water softener but it was leaking, so I needed a new one and I was shopping through the Sears website when I found Pelican. I wanted a system without the salt treatment so I got one through Sears and then I went directly to Pelican for the ultraviolet light treatment. I wasn’t sure which one went with the system I purchased and the sales reps were nice and good about getting things situated for me. Everybody was friendly and my experience with Pelican was very pleasant and easygoing. If I have to leave a message, they get right back to me with my questions.

The plumber who works at the hospital with me installed the unit for me. The bulb was missing from the ultraviolet system, so he called but since he wasn’t the one who purchased it, I had to call. Once I called, they shipped the item right away and we got it in a couple of days. Pelican has made a big difference. I have a water well and the water is softer. Also, this doesn’t have the wash-out period, so I don’t have all that racket going on and I'm not wasting water, which is handy. I would definitely do business with them again.

5.00/5

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had a great experience with Pelican and the sales rep was awesome. I talked to him six months prior to get an idea of what type of system I would need. But my husband and I had a budget which was a goal of ours so we waited until there was a sale going on. Then the sales rep reached out and let us know there was a good deal and that was when we made the purchase. We bought their largest system for water softening and filtration.

The sales rep also recommended a couple of companies for the installation. The guy we chose sounded like a good fit and he got the system installed but he wasn’t very punctual. 30 minutes before the appointment, he would say he can't make it so we've had to schedule again. And we did that three times. Then four times in one day, he would say that he can make it or he would say that he can't make it and that he would be three hours late. So my issue was more with him and I wouldn't use him again based on the experience I had with him.

Our county is the largest one in Georgia and also the worst in terms of water quality. It's not like other states where there's a sulfur smell. This one had high amounts of chlorine that you could smell. The water is turned pink and in a week's time after cleaning the toilet, you would have a pink ring around the toilet. Now, we don’t have that anymore. There's also been some difference in the taste and the smell of the water.

5.00/5

Original review: May 22, 2018

We have a lot of chlorine and different things in our water. Lead was also found in our water and I live on a reservation. The water is really not that good. I looked up water systems on the internet and Pelican's website made it easy for me to see things. I then asked questions and the rep, Kyle, was really nice. He went over a couple of different things and asked me how many people live in the house, how much was the water usage, and what I was looking for. He gave me a couple of different options. I looked online and checked what I wanted and then Pelican gave me a pretty good deal on it.

I was going to buy a different system, a reverse osmosis under my sink prior to that. I didn't look that up first and I'm glad I did because it was just one underneath the sink and the system I had is for the whole house. The unit we have from Pelican is a tall circular one that hooks up to the main water and comes in the house. It's for two to four people, it takes care if you take two showers in a day, do laundry every day, and use the dishwasher. It's a smaller system but it works great for us. Our water's hard and since having the system, there has been a change in the taste of my water and my hair feels different going to the shower. I like Pelican and the system works really well.

5.00/5

Original review: May 21, 2018

My daughter was researching clean water and she was advised by somebody in Mississauga about Pelican Water Systems. The sales consultant very helpful and very quick and had detailed information. We had to do the installation of the system ourselves and it was good. Two units were installed and the other one's still waiting to be installed. We just had to call to get some clarification on how to seal the tank and they were very helpful. We got it done and we were very pleased with everything. We did the drinking water filters and the water is very good.

5.00/5

Original review: May 19, 2018

We have a well and I got a well water system from Pelican Water Systems. Everything was great with the sales consultant and it was probably one of the best customer services I’ve ever had. They answered all my questions every time I called and whatever it took to get me where I had to be. They had me return a bunch of stuff and get some of the stuff all free of charge. Any problem I had, they fixed it. I did the installation partially myself and I hired a guy that does it around here. I had some problems the past few days, but just a couple of days ago, they sent me a rebuild kit for something and it should be good to go right now. The water is nice and clear. I also researched a couple of things on the Pelican Water website and downloaded the user manuals.

5.00/5

Original review: May 18, 2018

We didn’t have any pressure on our water so we put in a booster pump and then we put the filter and softener. We have a lot of lime here. It was stopping up the dishwasher and it's getting in the ice on the refrigerator. I installed the Pelican Water system myself and it took time for me to do it. It took me a couple of days. But so far, so good and I hope it stays that way. My wife likes it because her dishes are cleaner. It keeps her happy. The only thing I have is the price. That was a little bit steep but what the heck if it works.

5.00/5

Original review: May 14, 2018

Pelican's website was very easy to use, and everything was black and white. I liked the price and what was explained the product was gonna do. I was pretty much set on what I was gonna get. I just needed a little reassurance and that was what the sales consultant gave me. He explained how the product works and he was very helpful. I got the salt-free whole house filter system and the water quality's good now so we're happy.

5.00/5

Original review: May 10, 2018

We have had Pelican for quite a while. I had used it in six years. I went online and looked it up, trying to find one that you did not have to replace the whole unit every time so you could just replace the medium. Pelican gives you everything on the instructions that you need. I ordered right online and had it right out to us. The website was as easy you could get, I don't know how you can make it any easier. It has been a really good product. We have the whole house unit in there. The reason I went to it was because our municipality for water went to chlorinated water and I couldn't stand it.

5.00/5

Original review: May 3, 2018

We had iron and bacteria in our water, which is common where we live, so we decided to purchase a sulfur reduction system from Pelican. It was very easy to order in their website and the filter was what I expected. It was a very positive experience.

5.00/5

Original review: April 23, 2018

I had high calcium content in my city water, so I researched on water treatment systems and found Pelican Water Systems through the web. Their website was very effective and informative, and I primarily used it in dealing with the Pelican staff. I also exchanged emails with them to discuss my concerns and I spoke with them briefly prior to delivery. They followed up with me. I got the salt-less water softener and demineralizer system for the whole home, then I had a local plumber install it. The end result was good and the system solved my issue. I've used various other systems before and the Pelican system was cost-effective and impressive. I'd recommend Pelican and their products.

5.00/5

Original review: April 17, 2018

I bought a house located next to a bunch of refineries in Romeoville and it was a well water community. We had the water tested and it has a lot of organic material in it so I didn’t trust it. I've been buying bottled water for a long time and I finally decided to go with the filtration system. I bought the 6-stage PRO for under the sink. I did it online and their site was user-friendly and simple. You go through the dropdown menus, it gives you the options and it explains what all the options are. So, it was easy to use. I now have much cleaner water and it tastes better because it’s mineralized which is the big feature that they have that most others don’t. They’re a good and solid company and I'd recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: March 2, 2018

The house we were purchasing had well-water and I was trying to find the best filter for it. I did a Google search and found Pelican Water Systems. I placed an order for a spin-down filter, a pre-filter, a chlorine injector, iron and manganese filter, the carbon filter, the salt-free softener, and the UV sterilizer. Their website was awesome and very easy to navigate. The quality of their products is phenomenal and I’ve referred about three people to them.

5.00/5

Original review: March 1, 2018

I was having some work done in my kitchen and bathroom. I have really hard water here and I was disgusted with it. My sister-in-law has this system where she has to buy the salt and put it in all time, and I didn't to deal with that. So I went to Pelican and they were very kind and informative. The young man that was working for me did most of the talking with Pelican and he just explained to me what was going on and what to expect. And then I just talked to him when I wanted to know how often I had to buy the filters and when and how to go about it. The Pelican water system softens the water for the washing machine, the refrigerator, the kitchen, the dishwasher and the kitchen sink. When I had my bathroom work done, I got the new shower doors that are just clear glass. I've noticed that I don’t have the hard water spots like I used to.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

The water in the town that I live in is not the best and we were spending a ton of money on water pitcher filters. I got tired of spending so much money on that and I figured to spend the money one time so I purchased a Pelican Water system. Their reps were good. They answered all my questions right away. I told them what kind of system I wanted and they agreed with the size I picked. We got it all ordered right on the spot and installed it myself. The water has a better taste to it now, less odor, less chlorinated, and more clear.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I bought a house in Tennessee and it's on a well system so I wanted peace of mind. I read about water treatment system and Pelican Water's website was definitive to the different stages and what it could do. I told them I needed a well system and then it asked how many bedrooms and baths we have and so, I based my decision off of that. The website was very informative and the way it was designed made it easy to make a decision for someone who did not know anything about whole home water systems.

I got the PSE 1800. It's a two-tank system which has the salt-free system and UV filter so I feel safer about drinking the water. And the water feels clean and soft. The instructions that came with the system were very easy to read as I hooked it up myself. I also liked the ease of use of the system, the overall cost and that I didn't have to backwash my systems. It was a great experience and things worked out perfectly. I'm more than happy with Pelican Water.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Somebody told me about Pelican so I looked at their website. I saw the cost and ordered the entire component for the water filtering system. The sales consultant that I spoke with was excellent, too. Initially, I wanted the combination softener and filter. Unfortunately, Pelican didn’t have a softener equipment that went with the filtering system I bought from them. Other than that, it's a good system and people should use it.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I realized the water hardness at home and I did some research on a treatment system. There was a lot of options on Pelican Water's website and I found that what they recommended would be the right solution for me because of the price and the solution itself. I found really easy what I wanted and then I called them. Then, the guy gave me a quotation by mail pretty fast. The sales consultant was good and fast. He was also confident, helpful, and guided me to an installation company. I bought a salt-free home water system, one for hardness and one for the rest of chlorine and some. The costs are okay and the quality is good. With the concern on hardness, I cannot feel any difference because the water is more like the same. But I believe it’s less and I had some chlorine ordered in it and this is on.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Pelican Water Systems are great and they have great products. I talked to one of their filter reps who has been very nice. He answered my questions and also guided me. We have bad water and so I got the PC600 which I ordered online. I hired a very good plumber to install it and the installation went fine. We love the Pelican product and we’re very happy with it.