Customer Reviews

4.56/5
based on 163 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

We had a water softener that finally went bad and we have city water which has some type of trihalomethanes in it. And the city is not doing anything about it. It comes from rotting leaves and also, we have a lot of coal mines here that drain into the water. My wife did some research on Pelican Water Systems on the internet and I read up on it and decided to go with it. I originally just got the carbon filter. And then I discovered the water wasn't softening, so I got the softening tank for it. I'm pleased with it. I also got a cartridge that filters first.

Originally, I ordered straight off the internet. But when I got the water softener part of it, I talked to a gentleman over the phone. He was really nice and helpful and set me up. I and my son installed the equipment, and it wasn't bad. I wasn't accustomed using PEX, my son and I use PEX and SharkBite fittings and they worked well. It had no soldering so it was nice. Pelican's website was good. I ordered some bunch of those filters that got to be changed every nine months, and I've had no problems negotiating the site. Pelican is needed nowadays because of the way the water is. They're doing a good job and I told some people to give them a shot. I'm sure they'll get some out of it.

5.00/5

Original review: June 2, 2018

I wanted to get rid of the chlorine because we're on city water. I talked to a contractor here in town and they recommended Pelican. We went with their whole home system. It has a sediment filter and then it has two tanks, one with carbon media in it which takes out the taste and smell of chlorine. And then there's one that's a salt-free water softener. The installation went perfect and we've had the system now for about five years.

The sediment filter needs to be changed every six months and as the manual said, the carbon media in one tank should be replaced after five years or 100,000 gallons. And after five years of having the system installed, we could start smelling the chlorine again. However, when it was time to replace the media, the company I bought the system from and installed it didn't have a clue what I was talking about. And they were not helpful at all. So I did my own research online and found a company to ship me the media and went from there. It came from some place in Florida and the company was very good. It was free shipping and I got the stuff quickly. Their instructions for changing it were perfect too.

5.00/5

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had a water softener but it was leaking, so I needed a new one and I was shopping through the Sears website when I found Pelican. I wanted a system without the salt treatment so I got one through Sears and then I went directly to Pelican for the ultraviolet light treatment. I wasn’t sure which one went with the system I purchased and the sales reps were nice and good about getting things situated for me. Everybody was friendly and my experience with Pelican was very pleasant and easygoing. If I have to leave a message, they get right back to me with my questions.

The plumber who works at the hospital with me installed the unit for me. The bulb was missing from the ultraviolet system, so he called but since he wasn’t the one who purchased it, I had to call. Once I called, they shipped the item right away and we got it in a couple of days. Pelican has made a big difference. I have a water well and the water is softer. Also, this doesn’t have the wash-out period, so I don’t have all that racket going on and I'm not wasting water, which is handy. I would definitely do business with them again.

5.00/5

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had a great experience with Pelican and the sales rep was awesome. I talked to him six months prior to get an idea of what type of system I would need. But my husband and I had a budget which was a goal of ours so we waited until there was a sale going on. Then the sales rep reached out and let us know there was a good deal and that was when we made the purchase. We bought their largest system for water softening and filtration.

The sales rep also recommended a couple of companies for the installation. The guy we chose sounded like a good fit and he got the system installed but he wasn’t very punctual. 30 minutes before the appointment, he would say he can't make it so we've had to schedule again. And we did that three times. Then four times in one day, he would say that he can make it or he would say that he can't make it and that he would be three hours late. So my issue was more with him and I wouldn't use him again based on the experience I had with him.

Our county is the largest one in Georgia and also the worst in terms of water quality. It's not like other states where there's a sulfur smell. This one had high amounts of chlorine that you could smell. The water is turned pink and in a week's time after cleaning the toilet, you would have a pink ring around the toilet. Now, we don’t have that anymore. There's also been some difference in the taste and the smell of the water.

5.00/5

Original review: May 22, 2018

We have a lot of chlorine and different things in our water. Lead was also found in our water and I live on a reservation. The water is really not that good. I looked up water systems on the internet and Pelican's website made it easy for me to see things. I then asked questions and the rep, Kyle, was really nice. He went over a couple of different things and asked me how many people live in the house, how much was the water usage, and what I was looking for. He gave me a couple of different options. I looked online and checked what I wanted and then Pelican gave me a pretty good deal on it.

I was going to buy a different system, a reverse osmosis under my sink prior to that. I didn't look that up first and I'm glad I did because it was just one underneath the sink and the system I had is for the whole house. The unit we have from Pelican is a tall circular one that hooks up to the main water and comes in the house. It's for two to four people, it takes care if you take two showers in a day, do laundry every day, and use the dishwasher. It's a smaller system but it works great for us. Our water's hard and since having the system, there has been a change in the taste of my water and my hair feels different going to the shower. I like Pelican and the system works really well.

5.00/5

Original review: May 21, 2018

My daughter was researching clean water and she was advised by somebody in Mississauga about Pelican Water Systems. The sales consultant very helpful and very quick and had detailed information. We had to do the installation of the system ourselves and it was good. Two units were installed and the other one's still waiting to be installed. We just had to call to get some clarification on how to seal the tank and they were very helpful. We got it done and we were very pleased with everything. We did the drinking water filters and the water is very good.

5.00/5

Original review: May 19, 2018

We have a well and I got a well water system from Pelican Water Systems. Everything was great with the sales consultant and it was probably one of the best customer services I’ve ever had. They answered all my questions every time I called and whatever it took to get me where I had to be. They had me return a bunch of stuff and get some of the stuff all free of charge. Any problem I had, they fixed it. I did the installation partially myself and I hired a guy that does it around here. I had some problems the past few days, but just a couple of days ago, they sent me a rebuild kit for something and it should be good to go right now. The water is nice and clear. I also researched a couple of things on the Pelican Water website and downloaded the user manuals.

5.00/5

Original review: May 18, 2018

We didn’t have any pressure on our water so we put in a booster pump and then we put the filter and softener. We have a lot of lime here. It was stopping up the dishwasher and it's getting in the ice on the refrigerator. I installed the Pelican Water system myself and it took time for me to do it. It took me a couple of days. But so far, so good and I hope it stays that way. My wife likes it because her dishes are cleaner. It keeps her happy. The only thing I have is the price. That was a little bit steep but what the heck if it works.

5.00/5

Original review: May 14, 2018

Pelican's website was very easy to use, and everything was black and white. I liked the price and what was explained the product was gonna do. I was pretty much set on what I was gonna get. I just needed a little reassurance and that was what the sales consultant gave me. He explained how the product works and he was very helpful. I got the salt-free whole house filter system and the water quality's good now so we're happy.

5.00/5

Original review: May 10, 2018

We have had Pelican for quite a while. I had used it in six years. I went online and looked it up, trying to find one that you did not have to replace the whole unit every time so you could just replace the medium. Pelican gives you everything on the instructions that you need. I ordered right online and had it right out to us. The website was as easy you could get, I don't know how you can make it any easier. It has been a really good product. We have the whole house unit in there. The reason I went to it was because our municipality for water went to chlorinated water and I couldn't stand it.

5.00/5

Original review: May 3, 2018

We had iron and bacteria in our water, which is common where we live, so we decided to purchase a sulfur reduction system from Pelican. It was very easy to order in their website and the filter was what I expected. It was a very positive experience.

5.00/5

Original review: April 23, 2018

I had high calcium content in my city water, so I researched on water treatment systems and found Pelican Water Systems through the web. Their website was very effective and informative, and I primarily used it in dealing with the Pelican staff. I also exchanged emails with them to discuss my concerns and I spoke with them briefly prior to delivery. They followed up with me. I got the salt-less water softener and demineralizer system for the whole home, then I had a local plumber install it. The end result was good and the system solved my issue. I've used various other systems before and the Pelican system was cost-effective and impressive. I'd recommend Pelican and their products.

5.00/5

Original review: April 17, 2018

I bought a house located next to a bunch of refineries in Romeoville and it was a well water community. We had the water tested and it has a lot of organic material in it so I didn’t trust it. I've been buying bottled water for a long time and I finally decided to go with the filtration system. I bought the 6-stage PRO for under the sink. I did it online and their site was user-friendly and simple. You go through the dropdown menus, it gives you the options and it explains what all the options are. So, it was easy to use. I now have much cleaner water and it tastes better because it’s mineralized which is the big feature that they have that most others don’t. They’re a good and solid company and I'd recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: March 2, 2018

The house we were purchasing had well-water and I was trying to find the best filter for it. I did a Google search and found Pelican Water Systems. I placed an order for a spin-down filter, a pre-filter, a chlorine injector, iron and manganese filter, the carbon filter, the salt-free softener, and the UV sterilizer. Their website was awesome and very easy to navigate. The quality of their products is phenomenal and I’ve referred about three people to them.

5.00/5

Original review: March 1, 2018

I was having some work done in my kitchen and bathroom. I have really hard water here and I was disgusted with it. My sister-in-law has this system where she has to buy the salt and put it in all time, and I didn't to deal with that. So I went to Pelican and they were very kind and informative. The young man that was working for me did most of the talking with Pelican and he just explained to me what was going on and what to expect. And then I just talked to him when I wanted to know how often I had to buy the filters and when and how to go about it. The Pelican water system softens the water for the washing machine, the refrigerator, the kitchen, the dishwasher and the kitchen sink. When I had my bathroom work done, I got the new shower doors that are just clear glass. I've noticed that I don’t have the hard water spots like I used to.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

The water in the town that I live in is not the best and we were spending a ton of money on water pitcher filters. I got tired of spending so much money on that and I figured to spend the money one time so I purchased a Pelican Water system. Their reps were good. They answered all my questions right away. I told them what kind of system I wanted and they agreed with the size I picked. We got it all ordered right on the spot and installed it myself. The water has a better taste to it now, less odor, less chlorinated, and more clear.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I bought a house in Tennessee and it's on a well system so I wanted peace of mind. I read about water treatment system and Pelican Water's website was definitive to the different stages and what it could do. I told them I needed a well system and then it asked how many bedrooms and baths we have and so, I based my decision off of that. The website was very informative and the way it was designed made it easy to make a decision for someone who did not know anything about whole home water systems.

I got the PSE 1800. It's a two-tank system which has the salt-free system and UV filter so I feel safer about drinking the water. And the water feels clean and soft. The instructions that came with the system were very easy to read as I hooked it up myself. I also liked the ease of use of the system, the overall cost and that I didn't have to backwash my systems. It was a great experience and things worked out perfectly. I'm more than happy with Pelican Water.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Somebody told me about Pelican so I looked at their website. I saw the cost and ordered the entire component for the water filtering system. The sales consultant that I spoke with was excellent, too. Initially, I wanted the combination softener and filter. Unfortunately, Pelican didn’t have a softener equipment that went with the filtering system I bought from them. Other than that, it's a good system and people should use it.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I realized the water hardness at home and I did some research on a treatment system. There was a lot of options on Pelican Water's website and I found that what they recommended would be the right solution for me because of the price and the solution itself. I found really easy what I wanted and then I called them. Then, the guy gave me a quotation by mail pretty fast. The sales consultant was good and fast. He was also confident, helpful, and guided me to an installation company. I bought a salt-free home water system, one for hardness and one for the rest of chlorine and some. The costs are okay and the quality is good. With the concern on hardness, I cannot feel any difference because the water is more like the same. But I believe it’s less and I had some chlorine ordered in it and this is on.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Pelican Water Systems are great and they have great products. I talked to one of their filter reps who has been very nice. He answered my questions and also guided me. We have bad water and so I got the PC600 which I ordered online. I hired a very good plumber to install it and the installation went fine. We love the Pelican product and we’re very happy with it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Pelican was Very good. The unit was already installed in the house that I bought. I needed to replace the filter so I spoke to the sales consultant. He was very nice and he helped me out. I’ve been told the people that use those Brita filters have to replace them weekly here. The water in this city comes out of the tap and it is light brown. A lot of times it smells like sulfur, so it is not a good water source. With the water filtration system the water comes out clear, so I’m really happy. I just wish they had installed it before the washing machine but they did not. Nevertheless, their people are wonderful. I went to their site when I wanted to talk to somebody about some questions and they were very helpful. I was going to do it online but going in just seemed easier. Go ahead and get it in this town.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I got three canisters for the whole house. Pelican Water Systems told me what the price was and what they figured the system would cost to be installed. Their sales consultants were detailed, and very good at explaining what the system was and what it did. The water up here is full of sediment, and the system balanced the sediment from the water basin.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I researched a lot of systems and I was happy with Pelican Water's price. I'm happy with the system. I only had it for a couple of months and the water is clean and soft. Their website was easy to navigate but we left it and had to call in order to have questions answered because they didn't tell everything online. The consultant that I dealt with was great. I have to call him back because he's going to get some carbon filters to take some of the egg smell out since I'm on a well, and we're going to put a new unit on the wall.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We've been having hard water on our property. We have a water well for a while and we got sick of replacing faucets and shower heads. Based on Pelican's price and reviews, we went with them. I talked to their rep over the phone and he asked detailed questions. He also arranged for a water sample to collect the right data. He was great, easy to deal with, and knowledgeable in the subject matter. I was comfortable working with him, too. He didn’t really try to upsell or sell me something that I didn’t need and he sold me the right piece of equipment, a softener, model PS48.

I've called their technical helpline a couple of times when I was installing the unit. I had a couple of questions and they were very helpful. We've had it for about a month and it's been working very well. I noticed a difference in the water and I could tell based on my skin as it doesn’t dry out as much when taking a shower. I’m hoping that it’s going to address the issues with my plumbing system, all the corrosion, the water hardness, and the scaling. I’m a satisfied customer and I'd recommend them to anyone who has well water.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I've had problems with my skin ever since I started living in my house so I decided to try as much as possible to improve my skin. I then got a shower filter from Pelican and I've had a nice experience with them. Now the water comes out nice and I've noticed that my skin is smoother. I like that I can change the shower heads so I also got the shower head which has the removable handheld or stock up on the top and it’s very easy to replace them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We got a little hard water where we live and our shower head used to get all crusty from it. I purchased a shower filter from Pelican Water Systems and their website was easy to navigate and had a lot of information. Since putting the filter in, I haven’t had any problems. It's working out for me really well.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I started searching and I compared Pelican Water Systems with other systems and I found out that Pelican has a better system than the others. I now have the whole water system -- the water softener as well as the UV light. It was easy to find their website and the customer service people are very active because as soon as I started searching, the computer popped up a chat available and I started chatting with them. And right away they explained to me everything based on my needs. It was very easy to find out the information that I needed.

When the plumber was doing the installation he had a couple of questions and I called Pelican customer service and right away they took care of everything. The difference since I’ve had it installed is from the earth to space. First thing is the chlorine. Everyday I would close my faucet when I brush my teeth because the water smells of chlorine and it was horrible. The shower all around in the tile was all white with chlorine. But now all those problems disappeared. The water taste and the odor are different. Those people at Pelican have a great customer service. If you'll have any necessity, either online or the by the phone, they are very quick with their responses.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Pelican Water's sales consultant has been helpful. I was looking for filters and I told him what I needed. He pointed me in the right direction, got the right filters and the combination, and helped me contact the support for issues. I ordered online, had everything set up, and then I had to contact the sales guy back so he would get credit for the sale. I purchased the full system which includes the magnesium filter, water filter, and water softener.

I went on Pelican Water's website to get instructions on how the set up would be and I did the installation myself and overall, it was very straightforward. I went to the instruction multiple times to make sure I had it all in the right order. The only issue I’ve had was how much chlorine I really needed and how to balance it out. But I’ve contacted the support for clarification on how much chlorine was needed and how to do the chlorine measuring. And the installation has been successful. So far, the water system seems to be doing what it’s supposed to be doing. I left town a couple of weeks after it got installed. And I feel the water started getting better. The softener function is working correctly. Glasses in the dishwasher are clearing up. And the smell on the water is gone so the sulfur and magnesium problems are gone. Overall, I’m happy.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

The water in Hughson, California is very hard water, like 22 grains. It was terrible to drink and it caused us a lot of problems. We had a salt-based water softener but it was costing us too much money. I chatted with one guy from Pelican Water Systems online for one question and he gave me the answers. I took those answers and gave them to the local water authority in my town to see if there was a potential problem with using the system on the city water. The local guy said that the Pelican Water system should work fine. I got the NS3, the pre-filter and the carbon.

I installed the system myself and it was pretty easy to do. I used the plastic pipe instead of a copper pipe. I put a bypass as recommended but I had to do a lot of custom work. But it worked out fine. It does exactly what it should do and I'm reaping its benefits now. It's a water conditioner and now, a softener. There's no salt and there's no harm to the environment. I'm not wasting water or electricity.

But the water is not great for drinking. It is safe to drink according to the town but we don’t think so because we came from a well water back East. After the system has been running, there's no smell, hard water feel or slippery feel of the salt-based system. Everything seems to be working just fine and we can drink the water out of the tap if we wanted to, but we have it passing through a refrigerator and another filter and that’s really good. We use that all the time now. But I bought a test kit from Home Depot and strangely enough, it said that there are bacteria in the water. That bothers me so I'm going to get my water tested by the lab to make sure there’s nothing going on there.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have my Pelican system for five years and I am very pleased with the water. I had too much calcium in my water and it was fogging up the faucets and that’s when I decided to get the whole home system. I have the carbon filter, as well as the sediment filter. Having a Pelican system was the most economical way of doing it because water is important to our health, as well as the conditions of the plumbing in the home. It caused me a lot of headaches in having to replace showerheads and to clean out the faucets throughout the home. I also changed out the water heater about the same time as I put in the Pelican water system for the whole house since there was a problem with it. I've noticed a big improvement in the water since then. More homes should consider Pelican Water.