Customer Reviews

4.33/5
based on 213 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Used IVL for my move. My experience was overall good. I had them handle all the packing, loading and labor. I received my delivery with no damages. I would recommend them and they were cheaper than the other quotes we had had. As I said FANTASTIC from start to finish.

Rodney,

We really appriciate you taking the time and leaving your feedback. It was a pleasure working with you and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Original review: March 13, 2017

I looked for a mover online. It was one of those where, based on the information I sent, they sent back a list of people where I picked International Van Lines out. They were several hours late during pick up but I didn't mind because I wasn't ready. They said they got caught in traffic. If they had shown up on time, I would have been in trouble. They broke a few small things and they scratched a night table. And then there was a mix-up where I was supposed to have money there when they picked up. I didn't understand why they would if they had taken it on a credit card. To me, everything could have been run by International Van Lines before they showed up and had the money in hand. That was sort of an archaic process. Well, you've got the credit card. If the credit is not good you can do a pre-check if it doesn't work or it doesn't run. All the add-ons just wasn't that clear to me as well. Nevertheless, I'd still recommend them.

Hi Lois,

Thank you for spending the time and leaving us a review. It was a pleasure working with you as well. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

International Van Lines

Original review: March 3, 2017

We had a cross country move but International Van Lines overbooked, so they weren't able to do the move until the following day. But it wasn't the crew, it was the company's scheduling that was a little confusing. Other than that, the delivery crew was great. And my experience with them was fine.

International Van Lines

Original review: March 2, 2017

I was moving from California to Massachusetts and I had a couple of loads. So over the weekend, I've researched for some moving companies and found that International Van Lines had a good rating. Unfortunately, they didn't work over the weekend so they were not available the first time I called them. And because my move was immediate and has to be done within a couple of days, I arranged with another moving company. That other company quoted me very low. But after they packed everything, the price was four times what they had quoted. They said they needed money for packaging and there were a few things that they were trying to quote on. So I canceled it after they loaded everything on the van. I told them I don't like doing business that way and that I needed to know everything upfront. I then called International Van Lines and it was last minute, but they were with me the whole stuff. It was nice working with them and would definitely recommend them. I was very happy with the service even though they are priced a little high.

International Van Lines

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I was relocating from Boston area to Cincinnati area and I used International Van Lines. I lived in a single bedroom apartment so I didn’t have too much stuff. So, the estimation was very good. In fact, I also estimated a little bit more so that we don’t have any last-minute surprises. I didn’t have any pain in the cost. The people who handled the move were very professional. I had to call them to make sure that they are trying to come at the given window. It’s a little bit delayed but that’s fine. Once they came in, they were able to put everything in their truck in less than one hour. So, it was very fast. Also, they were very good, especially when putting the things in their truck. They also took care of them that nothing got damaged.

My stuff came in two days. I was driving from Boston so I asked for a five-day window but I got on the same evening when they came to Cincinnati. I paid an additional $5 because this one was on the second floor but it’s okay keeping in mind the efficiency and time. If I need to relocate one more time, I would definitely strongly consider using them. In fact, I have already recommended them to a couple of my friends who are moving. So, either their move is already scheduled or they’re working towards it.

International Van Lines

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

Great moving service. I just wanted to take the time and leave these guys a positive review. My agent (Justin) was very good to work with. He explained everything and he seemed to be on point. I would use them again simply because of how easy they made the move for me. 5 stars!!

International Van Lines

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I moved all my household items and my car using International Van Lines. I asked for a specific date and they agreed to take up the items on that particular date. They came, took all the items and gave me the receipt. My car was delivered on time, but my household items were delayed by roughly 10 days because of weather conditions in Indianapolis on their way. I would suggest that if there is a delay, they should call to give an update once every two days. I had to give them a call and only then would I get an update but I'm not raising this as a concern or complaint. Their crew was good and friendly. Whenever I called, they answered and forwarded me updates. When I sent an email, they replied on time. Other than the delay, I'm satisfied with the service.

International Van Lines

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Recently moved to NY from Chicago and used IVL. IVL has a contract with the company I work for so I didn't have much of a choice. However, I can see why my company only uses IVL. Movers were easy and did a great job the whole way through. I would use them again.

International Van Lines

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

The experience with International Van Lines was fine. The people who picked the couch up were different from the people who delivered it and both teams did a great job. They were really nice people. They wrapped everything well when they did the pick-up, and the delivery team set everything up at the new house.

International Van Lines

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I was moving from Texas to Arizona and hired International Van Lines due to their pricing and personality. The customer service reps were very helpful. I was able to get ahold of them when I needed to. Also, my experience with the moving crew was very comfortable. IVL did what they said they would do.

International Van Lines

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

The move was from Florida to New York. Our concierge service called Quintessential has a relationship with International Van Lines and so we used them. The crew was good and everything went well. There was a little mix-up but for the most part, it was fine. There’s always very open communication and it was pretty seamless.

International Van Lines

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

When I Googled "best van lines," ConsumerAffairs came up with a list of 6 of them. A few of them didn’t go to Texas or weren’t in Philly so that’s how I got International Van Lines because they’re in Coral Springs which is not far from us. I used them twice within the year for my daughter when she left and went from Philly to Austin, and Austin back to Florida. The crew in Philly was great but the crew in Austin was horrible. They lost boxes and the stuff were damaged. They looked like they had thrown it off the truck. They also put the bed frame on upside down. When I called the guy who I dealt with at International Van Lines, he took care of it. They rectified the situation and had fired that crew so they were no longer using that subcontractor. So the ones that picked her up in Austin the second time were good and the the guys who dropped her off in Tampa were also really good.

Overall, it was an easy and flawless move. International Van Lines did what they said and were very accommodating. They tried to make it as headache-free as they could except for that crew in Texas.

International Van Lines

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

​I researched International Van Lines online through Angie’s List and some other consumer review type websites and picked them. They helped set up a date that was acceptable to me with a backup date if they couldn’t make that. I've moved with them twice. The first time they accommodated us in trying to have a more dedicated truck rather than a big semi ‘cause I lived out of the country and had a very long driveway that was about 700-foot. I was afraid that since the move was in November, it might be difficult to get the semi up if we had a lot of snow. We did not know what the weather would be when we scheduled it a couple months ahead of time. But they worked to try to get me a smaller truck, which was nice.

I then had interactions with the person who was also dealing with the insurance and found out what my options were. And although I had an idea of the date they were going to come, they called a day in advance to let me know that they would be there the next day and gave me an approximate time they would show up. We had several pieces of furniture that we bought brand new up in Minnesota ‘cause they were cheaper to move down, and unfortunately, they got damaged and that wasn’t very nice. We weren’t very happy with the damage upfront, which if they had taken a little more time to wrap it slightly differently, we wouldn’t have had that issue.

But they tried to do a good job, though. On most of the stuff, they wrapped them pretty well. But it was five rooms of furniture and I wasn't able to watch everything they did. They damaged a couple of pieces but I had the higher level insurance and the person that they recommended to fix the pieces did a really excellent job and we were okay with that.

International Van Lines subcontracted out to other people and I wasn’t really quite clear of that when we first went with them. But I liked them enough that we went with them the second time. We moved three rooms because we had moved our son also down here. They damaged several pieces but much more minor than the time before. They weren’t new pieces so it wasn’t quite as big a deal. When they loaded up or in the act of transferring from one truck to another, perhaps that’s where the damage occurred. I only fixed one of the items ‘cause it was too expensive to replace them. When they unloaded, they did fine, though.

My biggest complaint would be that they rush a little bit and sometimes they don’t wrap as well as they could some of the more complicated or delicate furniture pieces or when they stack it to try to fill the truck as efficiently as possible. They could have told me upfront too that there was a waste factor for packing. I measured and weighed everything for them ahead of time, so they had a good idea what they were going to get. Their estimate based on that is what they used for the charge. With a more efficient packing, the 10 to 15 percent excess that they liked to put in to make sure they can pack up the truck, the cost could have been adjusted. Once they set the cost, that was final and there isn’t any negotiation of that.

Nonetheless, we didn’t lose a single thing where we moved. We had a mini van and a Subaru Outback so we were able to pack everything nice and I purposely made it so they were moving either books and/or furniture. I made it in some ways easier for them than maybe somebody who had to move all their personal possessions through the movers. I would still recommend International Van Lines over some of the horror stories I’ve heard about other movers. The people were nice, they cleaned up after they came, and they called to check on things and to give us a heads up when they were going to drop off.

Also, moving companies have this window when they’re going to deliver and they give you a window that can be a couple of weeks long. Waiting for two weeks for your furniture could be irksome even though that is within the limit of what their contract allows. In both my cases, they didn't push the limit stated in the contract and they tried to be within a day or two or what they thought could be a reasonable date to deliver on, which was nice.

International Van Lines

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I was going from the state of Michigan to Nevada and International Van Lines gave me a quote that was lower than the others. Everything was perfect with the crew and there were no damages. They were polite, picked up my stuff on time, and were very careful with them. They also did the delivery exactly the day I wanted. Everything was pretty smooth and I was happy with everything.

International Van Lines

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

IVL was my first choice simply due to the rep Justin I dealt with. He was very informative and detailed in explaining the process. My move overall went smooth with a couple of minor hiccups. Based on my previous experiences with other companies IVL was great. I would use them again.

International Van Lines

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

The team really came through for me in the clutch on my last minute move to NYC, which saved me from additional storage costs. The movers were really efficient and careful. Everyone was so patient and courteous but best of all No Damages!!! I highly recommend these guys.

5.00/5

I chose IVL for my move to Brooklyn, NY. Movers did a good job packing and IVL was easy to work with. Our sales representative Justin ** did a good job going over the details. He also sent a colleague to come by and perform an on-site survey. A very good experience and I would use International Van Lines again.

5.00/5

IVL did a great job so I feel they deserve a positive review. I own a business so I know that most people only take the time to post complaints. I wanted to take the time to write something nice. The guys were great. Move went smooth and cost remained the same. I would use these guys again and highly recommend them.

5.00/5

I used IVL for my move from CA to IN. I chose IVL based on a referral from a friend that had used them 2 years ago. I didn't call any other companies so I am not sure how to compare IVL with other movers. I can say that IVL was very professional and did a great job packing our goods. The movers showed up on time and literally packed everything. My shipment arrived at destination about a week later with no damage minus a couple of dings. All in all the experience was very good and I would recommend them.

5.00/5

I recently used International Van Lines for my move from Los Angeles, to New York. I was very pleased with their services and decided to leave a review. The movers were great! I have them pack furniture only and everything arrived with no damage. I also want to give a big shout out to the crew Mike, Dan and Jacob. They were awesome and bore with me while I was almost having a nervous breakdown. We were very pleased and would use them again.

5.00/5

My company recently relocated me from Chicago to Brooklyn. My company actually chose IVL and I didn't really have much of a say. However, I was very pleased with IVL. Since my company was paying for the move, I had them do a full pack service. The movers literally packed everything from my dishes to clothes. The foreman Dario and his crew were extremely helpful. The guys were easy to deal with, well-dressed and polite. I was happy I had found good movers because I had a terrible experience in the past.

My move was placed into storage for 1 month. IVL provided 1 month free storage which also included the delivery when I was ready. I had received my goods about 8 days after I requested delivery from storage. The delivery crew was different than the pick up crew, but equally as professional. I was very pleased with the quality of their work and I would use them again.

5.00/5

We had our furnishings moved to two different locations. We moved from Tennessee to California and from Tennessee to Idaho. We also had a vehicle to move. International Van Lines did the moving only while we did the packing. Everything went fine. The sales team was very friendly and they gave me an appropriate quote.

4.00/5

I moved 300 miles across one state. I used IVL because of their rating and the initial quote. But the quote they gave me was pretty far off from what I ended up paying. It wasn't a problem though because my company was paying for it. But if I was paying for it 100%, then I might have a little bit of a problem with it. The moving crew was very professional and fast. However they showed up 12 hours late. They said they'd be here by noon and they got here around 11:00 that night.

I understand they were late because they were stretched in terms of them moving somebody else in Chicago, and then they drove from Chicago to me. I just wish I would've known about it beforehand before I took the whole day off work. But otherwise, they were great. Nothing was broken with all my furniture. I've heard horror stories about movers charging an arm and a leg and then breaking all the furniture. That didn't happen at all with them. I didn't find a single scratch on anything so I'm not complaining about having to pay extra because they packed everything, with extra boxes, etc.

4.00/5

I moved from Chicago to New York for work. I did my research, read the reviews, got a couple of quotes. I decided to go with International Van Lines, and the move was seamless. The bed was a day late, but they were good in managing that. They were quick picking the stuff up. They came within the window and nothing was broken. Everything worked out good.

5.00/5

I moved around a couple of times due to jobs. Looking up reviews for international moving services online, I went with International Van Lines due to their reviews. The only thing was I didn't know that they contract with smaller companies in whatever city to do the move for them. I thought International Van Lines was going to do all of it. But it’s fine the way they did it and the crew was good. I would continue to use International Van Lines.

5.00/5

I had a change in jobs and had a really awful experience moving down from Massachusetts to Florida with another company. So I went on Google and looked at the reviews and chose International Van lines for my move from Miami, Florida to Worcester, Massachusetts. The quote was a little bit off because I had more items than what I had thought I had, but the crew was great. They brought extra boxes and they were able to package larger items. They are super friendly, super helpful and was quick, clean, in and out. They delivered all of my stuff before I actually got to Massachusetts. So they were quicker delivering it than it was for me to drive up. All of them were great. From the guy that took my call originally with the quote and getting it, to the guys that actually did the move. I would absolutely recommend or use them again if I ever need services in the future.

International Van Lines

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We're happy that you were satisfied with our services. We wish you the best of luck with your new venture.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Job well done. We contracted IVL due to their online reputation. We also found a friend that has used and referred them. Our sales rep Justin ** was very informative. He provided us with all the details we needed and scheduled an in-home survey. The movers Serge & Hiram was very polite and went above on the packing services. We rec'd our shipment in about 10 days which worked well for us. I was happy with my choice and would use International Van Lines again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I had goods that were coming from the Cayman Islands to Miami, then Miami to Tampa. The person from International Van Lines who I dealt with was honest, reliable, and quick. I was satisfied with the service. It’s all good.