Customer Reviews

4.82/5
based on 94 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: May 13, 2017

We were going with another company at first because it's the only one we could see online but they kept canceling on us so we dug deeper and then found Ascent Stairlifts. Then we sent them pictures for the site survey. The installers have been excellent and they came to make sure everything was okay and check it out for us, and I am very happy. My stairlift helped immensely. I can go up and down stairs with ease and I can make as many trips as I want to. I would recommend them to a friend.

5.00/5

Original review: May 12, 2017

We looked at three vendors which included Ascent Stairlifts. We liked Acorn and the Brooks, and then we determined that they were the same thing. And Acorn charges a middleman fee, so it was the same equipment for less money with Ascent. The gentleman who came and installed the system was very knowledgeable. He did it in a couple of hours. He advised us in terms of modifications to the bathroom and other things we might have to do. We have already done everything when we had contractors come and do things. But he was so good that we determined we would call him if we needed any other work done. We installed the stairlift for my mother who hasn't moved in. We have not put it to its actual proper use but we have moved a box with it and we found that it takes up more space on the stairs than I thought it would.

5.00/5

Original review: March 31, 2017

I was doing some searches online and Ascent Stairlifts was reasonably priced. They were very easy to get ahold of and also, they were very responsive. Their accessibility consultants were very helpful and were able to give me the information that I needed right away. It was very easy to follow what I needed to do on their website. And also, I was able to take a picture and upload that to their site, and they look at it and gave me an approximate cost right away. The installation people were very good and they installed it really quickly. The stairlift is for my husband and now, he’s able to go up and down the stairs. He has been back to normal activities, which was really good. We haven't had any problems with it. Ascent Stairlifts was really helpful, very quick to return my call, and they were very easy to talk to. Overall, our experience has been awesome.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts was one that I ran across and I decided to deal with. I like the way that the whole thing was presented and a survey of the stairs was done before the installation too. Their staff was very nice. The installation was done when I needed it and the fellow who came and installed it was very professional and he did it in a fairly short time, too. We are happy with the way it went and with the installation. The staircase is not meant to be fast, but it's sufficient. My wife likes it and it's been great for her. She can go up and down the stairs without any problem now.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

We were looking at Ascent and another brand. Someone from Ascent called first and he was very easy to deal with. The man who came to install the stairlift was excellent. I got it for my husband since our bedrooms are upstairs so he has experienced extreme difficulty. Within the last three weeks, his physical ability has deteriorated considerably so the stairlift has been a godsend. It is wonderful and we've been very pleased with it. I was looking at a different brand that said it had a padded seat. I thought it might have been nice but when I stopped and reflected, mine is washable, won't wear out and if it gets dirty I can clean it. So really we got the better deal.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

A friend of mine who had researched Ascent Stairlifts told me about it. And we had looked into others but I very much liked this one when we went to see it. We also had a neat and very good experience with the accessibility consultants and I was real pleased with it.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I contacted Ascent Stairlifts then they contacted me back, gave me everything I needed and they didn't hound me at all. They had a guy local in the area that came and installed the stairlifts and he did a great job. There was absolutely no problem.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

The salesperson of Ascent Stairlifts was personable. The installation team was courteous and they also cleaned up after themselves.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts' the only way my husband could get up and down the stairs because he's paralyzed. I chose them because they were a lot less expensive and were efficient on how quick the stairlift was able to be installed. My husband was in the hospital coming home when we decided, "Oh, no. We got to get from the top level all the way down to the basement." I like that it was one unit since we almost went with two. But it's so much smarter just to do one because he's not like an elderly person that could just get up and transfer to the next one. He needs to be transferred being paralyzed. So the smoothness is great and I like that it levels itself out. I just wish it was faster.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Ascent Stairlifts is great. It's working fine and has been a lifesaver for us and for my mother-in-law. I definitely would recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I enjoy the Ascent stairlift I got. It’s awesome. Ascent's customer service rep was really nice and accommodating so I went with them. She answered as soon as I talked to her. She answered my questions and, if she didn’t know, she went and got an answer. The other ones didn’t get back to me or took a long time doing it. It was annoying. When taking pictures or trying to get everything together, I like a quick answer and I couldn’t get them to respond. Ascent's installer did a great job. He took very little time doing it. He was awesome and a really nice guy.

My mother-in-law moved in and on days when she says she can’t make it, I put her on that stairlift and smile. My stairlift is durable, looks great and fits like a glove. It does exactly what they say it would do and Ascent made sure that it fits. I sent them pictures and they talked to me about it, and when the installer came, there were no questions. He knew exactly what he was supposed to do and knew what he was facing. I’ve had people come to install things and they don’t know what they’re doing. The left hand doesn’t talk to the right hand and they have no idea what’s going on. With Ascent, everything is working as promised. It's great because I got exactly what I paid for. I’m very pleased.