3.30/5
based on 1,106 ratings
Read more reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I just bought a house and HMS Home Warranty came with it. I wanted it for the protection of the home. I had some responses back and forth and emails as well with the claims rep, and everything seemed very quick and easy. The interaction and the service provided by the contractors were very good. The dishwasher had an electrical problem and since the repair, it has performed perfectly fine and like it needs to. It was a good experience with HMS and it was worth the money to be able to get the items fixed at an affordable cost.

4.00/5

Original review: June 10, 2019

I've used HMS Home Warranty twice when I've had problems with my air conditioning and both time have been pretty good. Submitting the claims is not difficult at all. I called them and they sent me the same guy and I was glad that they sent him 'cause he was familiar with my system and with the problem. He was really nice. When I told him that I had to go to work, he asked me how early he could come out. I told him that if he wanted to come early, he could be there as early as 7 o'clock and then he was ringing my doorbell before 7:00. I've been in my house for almost two years and so far, I haven't had that many issues with HMS. It has been great.

5.00/5

Original review: June 6, 2019

Last year, had a plumbing leak.. Fixed within three hours. This year, needed a total HVAC revamp (new heat pump, coil etc.). HMS repaired it with no hesitation. Thanks to an extra coverage I purchased to cover non-covered items related to a covered repair, I paid only the deductible and HMS covered the non-covered repairs as well. Tech said without the warranty, I'd easily have spent $5,000 today.

5.00/5

Original review: June 5, 2019

When we bought our house, HMS Home Warranty was part of our agreement. It was what the prior homeowners had and we stuck with it. I submitted a claim a month ago and it has been fairly easy for both my husband and I. He has had to call and then, we have also done it online. Last time, I submitted the claim online and HMS got a hold of me within the hour after I submitted it. All the technicians have been very helpful and they’ve all gotten everything taken care of that we needed done, and even answered some questions that we had for them.

When we moved in, DirecTV drilled a hole through an electrical wire, so we called HMS Home Warranty and they came right out and took care of it. Everything has been taken care of in a very timely manner and it was nice because we only have to pay $100. It has saved us having to pay a couple of grand to get something taken care of on our own. So, it was worth it for us and we both enjoyed the service from HMS.

5.00/5

Original review: June 1, 2019

My next-door neighbors have got HMS warranty for a couple of years, and they were really happy about it. I was with another home warranty company and was happy with there, but I wanted to try HMS. And the most important difference that I saw was that the response time that HMS had was amazing. I didn’t have to wait for a long time on calls to place my claim, and even to follow up about the claim. They had continuous text messages for booking appointments and everything. It was a very seamless process for me, which I really appreciate. Fortunately, with the two services that I had with HMS, the people were very knowledgeable, polite, and professional. They came down and did the work, and they cleaned up after. Overall, the service that we got from HMS was good.

5.00/5

Original review: May 29, 2019

I usually call a 1-800 number for my claims. The first one was my refrigerator ice maker wasn’t working and the gentleman came in, defrosted my ice maker and then went down and checked the cold water line downstairs. He found out it wasn’t tapped right, so he fixed that. He also checked out the drainage on my dishwasher. Come to find out that the seller did not take out the air drain plug from the new disposal, so the gentleman fixed that. I also had a plumbing issue where the seller did some tile grouting and decided to clean his tools out in my bathroom and it clogged up the drain eventually. HMS called a plumber in to fix that too. From walking in to walking out the door, the techs were great. They did the job and they did their cleanup as well.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

We were given a year of home warranty through HMS when we bought our house We decided to stick with them. It's easy making claims and their people are always helpful when I call. It also usually takes a couple of days for a contractor to come out for a service and the quality of work they do has always been good. But when we needed air conditioning repair, HMS gave me a number for one guy who when I called hung up on me when he heard it was through a home warranty. He said he wasn’t gonna do it. I called back and asked what his deal was. He was really rude explaining why he wasn’t gonna do it. I called HMS back and the agent that I talked to called a different place to ensure that we would have an appointment. That was a bad experience with the contractor, but HMS was really helpful in making sure we had someone come out and fix our air conditioner.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Our HMS warranty was purchased for us by the sellers when we bought the house. My experience with the company claim-wise has been great. I initially did my claims over the phone. But I've been doing it online now. The HMS contractors haver been good too.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

When I bought my house four years ago, HMS was offered during the closing and I've been with them since. It has been fine and submitting a claim is easy to do. The reps and the techs have been very professional. Also, the quality of work was very good. Everything worked.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I’ve had good experiences with HMS and I would suggest them. It’s something that every homeowner should have as a home warranty program. When I bought my house, I requested for a home warranty and my Realtor was using HMS. Everything is very smooth when I make a service request with them. I usually call to submit my claim rather than do it online because I work from home and my computer screens are limited. But in the beginning, since I had never had a home warranty loan before and I had some questions, I spoke with Sharon.

When I first started with HMS, there was a company that was sent out for my dryer twice. They were very polite but they had no idea what they were doing with the gas dryer. They tore the dryer apart. They said they would be back but they never did. That was a bad experience and I won't use that company again. But I have found a couple of contractors that I like. I only allow one person to work on my appliances. One company I prefer is Crawford Appliance out of Littleton, North Carolina. They’re very good and professional. I call them first then HMS when I have an appliance problem. My most recent claim was concerning my AC and that went well. Technicians came out and they were very good.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

HMS was a gift for me when I purchased my home. I normally do claims with them online, and they have a nice and easy claims process. When I had a problem with my garbage disposal, HMS sent out a really nice contractor. He was on time and was quick. He did a great job and I haven't had any issues since.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

When we bought the house, HMS Home Warranty was part of it to protect us for the first year. For the most part, submitting a claim was very good. I did it over the phone and the interaction with the claims rep was very positive. The service provided by the contractors and the quality of work were very good except for one experience. The clue card wasn't in the contractor’s deck of cards and he wanted me to do most of the work.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

The previous owner of the house we bought had HMS but didn't have it for very long. The warranty came with the home purchase and we continued the remainder of the previous homeowners time then renewed the home warranty when it came time to renew. I never had any issues and HMS seems very competitive compared to other deductible companies in terms of what they offer and the actual things that they cover.

It is also very easy and painless when making a claim with them. You just go online and start the claim process. Depending on what is needed to be done, they usually have somebody contact us. They tell us the vendor that we are assigned to and the reference numbers. We then arrange a visit around our schedule. The technician who came for our broken AC was very friendly and straightforward. He was very quick too which was good. He seemed to definitely know what he was doing so we are confident that our AC is gonna continue working. It's still working now.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

HMS sent a contractor when my dishwasher had an issue. The person was on time and was helpful. He was kind too. I paid the deductible and there was no issue with that. Everything was fine.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

We were signed up for HMS Home Warranty for the first year after we bought the house and we’re on our second year. Because of ease, we renewed with them. Also, 2-10 covered everything we needed. So, it was reasonable. Submitting a claim has been a great process. I do it online. It’s how they have us do it and it’s a lot easier to book it that way. Once you put the claim in, they would have somebody out here within a couple of days. Everybody they have sent out has been phenomenal. We had contractors for the washing machine and the electrical. We also had the water softener people out here. I missed the part where my deductible went up by $25 for the second year, but other than that, my experience with 2-10 has been great.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

HMS was a homeowner's thing that they purchased when I bought the house. I've been covered since the very beginning of this year, and I've submitted one claim. I did it over the phone because I didn't know how to do it online. I did try to do one online, but they said I wasn't covered for that service. The HMS claim representatives were great at handling problems. They also set on signing me up because all of my information wasn't in there, so they did that. The technicians were fast. They were on time, and they were able to fix the problem immediately. It was my heating unit and air conditioner.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

We've had HMS since November and it came with the purchase of our home. Recently, I did a claim with HMS because our air conditioner wasn't working right. I did that online and it was a simple process. I had someone come out to the house from HMS. He was very helpful and he knew right away what the problem was. The circuit breaker kept tripping and he said it was an issue with the circuit breaker and not the air conditioner. He wanted me to try that first. I hired someone for the circuit breaker and had the circuit breaker replaced. The AC seems to be working fine now.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

We had HMS's services in Maryland for years and it was really beneficial. It saved us a whole lot of money because the house had just turned 15 years old when we moved in. It was right at the time when things started to happen. We had a continuing issue with our air conditioning and there were two or three guys that came at different times. We requested one guy to come back because he really knew his stuff. He was very good. Then, we moved here to North Carolina and we bought a brand new house. We didn't really wanna pay for their insurance with a brand new house, but it's five years old now and we decided to get HMS's coverage again. My wife usually files claims over the phone and the process has been great.

Also, the gentlemen that have come here were very, very good. We had a refrigerator problem even though it was bought brand new when we bought this house. It had a lot of ice maker problems. It's a Samsung and the contractor came through and tried different things. The last couple of guys that we've had have been very good and very knowledgeable. They've had three or four different supposed fixes for their ice maker issues. It really didn’t work, but I know it's a design flaw that Samsung built into this thing. It hasn't been the tech's fault that the repair process hasn't worked because they've gotten that straight from Samsung. We got the same company again to come out and they ordered another brand new part because Samsung knows they have a problem with this refrigerator.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Submitting a claim to HMS Home Warranty has been simple and easy. I put the claim in and it takes two seconds. I open the link out and they do all the legwork as far as finding whoever is gonna come and fix whatever is broken. Then, the company calls me, lets me know and sets up a time, so we can get an appointment going. The interaction and service provided by the contractors have been good as well as the experience I've had with 2-10.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

When we bought the house, we bought the HMS warranty with it. I have submitted two claims. It was over the phone, and the claim representatives were very kind. The technician had mud and he went into my house to the other. I was furious. He knew his shoes was dirty. It was raining mad outside and it was bad. But other than that, I’m very thankful that HMS covered the claim.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

My dryer wasn’t making any heat and the contractor who came out fixed that in one visit. He was professional. I’m satisfied with HMS. It's just that the cost has gone up dramatically and it looks three times as much now as what it was, and I’m not sure that it needs to have increased. All things get more expensive, but I’m not sure it needs to be quite as expensive.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

HMS Home Warranty came with the house when I purchased it. I’ve had coverage from them for three months and when I filed a claim, the process was good. The reps were very helpful and it was timely. I'm having trouble getting the issue resolved, but that’s the service provider. They’ve been out twice and now, they're coming out the third time. I had to file a new one because it is past 14 days. They fixed part of the problem but we're still having a problem.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I wanted a home warranty for unforeseen circumstances and it is not much to be on the safer side. You have to think like that for your house and just for safety, I acquired it. Once I call, HMS Home Warranty would pick it up and I would submit my claim with any of the customer service persons. They would give me the phone number to follow up. I'm okay with most of the contractors and the experience with HMS was very satisfactory. They keep to their promises and I have no reason to get out of the contract. Everything is fine and I'm happy with it. I've known about them about six years ago since I've been working with my company and everything seems to be okay.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

Online service request claims have been very straightforward. Responses have been excellent. The contractors that HMS sent have been outstanding. When the AC upstairs wasn’t working, they sent someone out. And immediately, a company called, made an appointment, came the next morning, saw that the wire to the condenser was burnt, replaced it, and everything was good. The last one about a water sewer line in the yard turned out to be not within the warranty scope.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

My air conditioner was just blowing out warm air and so I filed a claim online to HMS. The contractor came right away. He was very informative, let me know everything that was happening, and I had no issues. It was great. It didn't take him long.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

HMS Home Warranty came with the purchase of our home and I’ve been with them for about two years. Our HVAC wasn’t working and we filed a claim three weeks ago. It took two days to get a contractor out. They were great and they were thorough in explaining what was going on. It took two or three days to get the HVAC fixed since they had to come back and do some things. Everything has been great so far with HMS.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I’ve been with HMS Home Warranty for two years and I usually submit claims over the phone. The claims reps have done an excellent job. However, HMS went up significantly on their rate this year. I've had some good experience with their technicians, so I thought I'd try it one more time before I checked around and see what other kind of pricing I could get.

2.00/5

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Most recently, I had a claim with HMS for the air conditioning unit and another one for a refrigerator issue. The refrigerator issue was absolutely fine. The fellow came right away and took care of the little problem I had. But the situation with the air conditioner is still lingering. They balk at what a full repair would be, one with a sealing element for our air conditioner. But our air conditioner’s still sub-optimized in terms of its performance. They came out multiple times to diagnose the issue and make some correction. They put in more Freon, sealed the system inside because there was a leak, but this is an aging system, and I know it’s gonna fail again.

So, I feel like 2-10 is stringing me along. They’re kinda doing the minimum to fix this, and what I would like is to get a total coil replacement for this thing, that the technician recommended. But he was told, "No. We’re not gonna do that. We’re gonna do the sealant first." But I don’t think that's gonna last. It really needs the cooling coil replaced.

The warranty came with the home when we bought it. Three years ago, the seller added a one-year warranty contract. We thought it was pretty good, and we’ve used it once in the first year. And then we thought we'd just keep it going. On the second year, we didn’t use it at all. It’s an insurance policy, so it only pays for itself when you need to use it. The responsiveness, in terms of getting an appointment with somebody, is good. The problem is when there’s a significant cost involved for the repair, they seem to balk. They wanna do the absolute minimum.

These days, we’re paying $50 a month, so it's 600 bucks a year. And so we’re now almost 1,800 bucks into this thing. And I’ve had three claims, and I paid the deductible without hesitation. At this point, I’ve thought about dropping the contract, but I don’t think it’s easy to get out of it, and I’m just gonna have to pay the rest of the year. But I don’t know if I’m gonna renew it. I still have a repair. I’d like to get it taken care of.

The technician went out and found the part, knew where the part was, knew where it could be shipped within a couple of days, he did all that. And then, when he went back to the company, he said, “Okay. I got everything I need. Can I do it?” And they said, “No, you can’t do it. Put a sealant in the system and see if that’ll keep it running for a while.” And that’s how they’re doing it. They’re kinda keeping it running for a while.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

The last claim that I had to do with HMS I was a little upset with it because I lost my AC unit, and the way they talk to me on the phone, I had to wait for almost a week before I was gonna get my AC repaired until I told them I had a little one in the house, then they changed their mind real fast. It was pretty sad that I had to let them know that I had a little in the house. My husband also said that the contractors did not put back a piece that was on the AC unit like they found it. But other than that, they did pretty good. Everything is working fine. I recommend 2-10.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

The HMS online claim process was very straightforward. The contractors that came out were very responsible, on time, and looked very professional. Their quality of work was very good. My only complaint would be that during the air conditioner repair, they were required two visits and the second visit was 10 days after the first one. They could have done that in a more timely manner. But it's not HMS's fault, it's the way it is.