4.50/5
based on 223 ratings
5.00/5

Last month (March 2019) my wife and I began what was supposed to be a two-week vacation in Thailand. Two days after arriving in Bangkok, I was diagnosed with double pneumonia and was hospitalized there for 13 days. The physician required me to rest a few days after discharge before allowing us to fly back to the US. When we returned we filed a carefully documented trip interruption claim for about $10,000 with Travelex on April 9. (An arm of the insurance, On Call International, had already taken care of the hospital bill - quickly and completely, much to our amazement.)

Travelex responded the very next day (!) with an email saying that we would receive a check covering nearly the entirety of our claim. (We are still waiting to hear about one small aspect of the claim.) We received that check today (April 16). Fortunately we have filed very few insurance claims of any kind over our 70+ years, but all of the others have involved initial denials of claims, seemingly unending hassles, etc., before we finally received compensation. This has been a truly extraordinary experience. We will definitely use Travelex for all of our future travel insurance needs.

5.00/5

Very helpful staff and quick process. I had a death and needed to cancel my trip. The forms and process were easy to use and they were easy to communicate with via text, e-mail or phone. I would use them again and do recommend them.

5.00/5

Program components & staff exceeded expectation. My experience with Travelex Insurance since 2004 has been excellent. In our most recent trip, an injury, unfortunately, required us to tap into Travel Select emergency services. What a wonderful group of professionals! Thankful for all of your help. We’re already plan our next trip!

5.00/5

Unfortunately had to file claim due to elderly father going into hospital with pneumonia during our trip to New Zealand. Provided all the info requested on website and had claim paid in less than a week. Will always use Travelex for my trip insurance plans.

5.00/5

My husband woke up with a terrible cough and he went to see the doctor on our cruise ship. They did blood work, and a chest xray. Gave him a z-pack and some cough meds. They said he had bronchial pneumonia. When we returned home - I filed a claim online. Very quick response time -- within a matter of a week and the claim was complete. Thank you.

5.00/5

Though we have traveled outside of the United States many times in the past, we feel like this is the first time we've found the right travel insurance company. Given top ratings online and a wonderful conversation with a representative enables the thought that we've chosen well.

5.00/5

I rank Travelex among the best in coverage, cost, and service. Through the years of my using Travelex Insurance to provide insurance coverage for various trips, I have always been satisfied with our overall experience. I have recently purchased its coverage again for our 2020 family vacation celebration.

5.00/5

We got this travel insurance and my son was hospitalized, Travelex was very helpful and constantly asking about how my son was progressing. After returning I filed all my documents and Travelex processed and reimbursed everything seamlessly. Great service and experience!

5.00/5

I purchased Travelex insurance for my trip to South Africa and a few weeks before departure, I was diagnosed with Cellulitis. My doctor gave me orders to cancel my trip, as it wouldn't be safe for me to travel such a distance. I promptly cancelled my airline ticket, submitted a claim to Travelex with the documentation required, and within two weeks, I received a check fully reimbursing me for the cost of my ticket. It was a simple, easy process. Travelex came highly recommended to me by friends, but you only know how good a company really is after filing a claim. I was completely satisfied. I'll use Travelex insurance for all my future international trips.

5.00/5

Our backpacking trip ended up getting canceled when a 20 year snow storm came through with record snowfall. I filed the claim on a Thursday the same day the trip was canceled and by the following Monday I was reimbursed the full cost of the permits. Best insurance I have ever bought.

5.00/5

We had to cancel our trip due to surgery. It was unexpected (that's why we planned vacation on the first place). We submitted a claim, our primary care physician filled the required form, and we got full refund.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We had to cancel the family vacation because my wife got sick, so we submitted the trip cancellation claim. I called to open the claim, but the same could have been done as easy via the website. Although, the documentation required to support the claim was a bit excessive IMO (like a statement from the airline that the ticket's fare was not refundable), we did not have major issues providing all required documents, including the doctor's note, of course. Once the documents were submitted, it took about 2-3 weeks to process the claim and we were able to check the processing status online and, finally, we got a check for the full amount without any issues or additional questions. I think it makes sense to invest some time and prepare all documents upfront - makes everything go smoother. Overall, I am very satisfied with the service received and plan to use Travelex for my future travels as well.

5.00/5

Travelex showed me on my Medical Emergency that when they say insurance they mean it!!! They Covered all my expenses caused thru my Medical Emergency with fair and easy reqs in the approx amount of 8,000. They're avail and worked along very well!

5.00/5

I first purchase travel insurance for a trip abroad in the winter of 2017. I bought a Travelex for my child and I, and a different policy for my spouse. Unfortunately, my spouse became ill and we had to extend our stay. Postponing our return flights cost about $3,000. Fortunately, we had purchased insurance. Both insurance policies covered our expenses, but Travelex was far quicker in refunding us than the other policy. For that reason, I generally choose Travelex and I always buy travel insurance when traveling.

5.00/5

Matt was such a great help to us! Answered all our questions with such thoroughness and patience. We would highly recommend Travelex and already have! Our wait time was minimal and the price was far better than the tour operator!

5.00/5

Whenever I travel internationally, about 5 x a year, Travelex goes with me! Your prices are reasonable and I appreciate being able to get a quote so easily. No long waits on hold! The peace of mind I feel using Travelex is priceless! Thank you!

5.00/5

I have used Travelex for many years without having to make a claim. Last summer, my son got sick two days before a trip out of the country and was advised not to fly. I contacted the company immediately and filed a claim. The response was prompt and the time frame to obtain a resolution to the claim was of about two weeks. I dealt with another company in the past and it was a grueling experience to say the least even when a death certificate was sent to the company. Travelex on the other hand is prompt, transparent, professional and worth every penny. I highly recommend Travelex!

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Travelex has always been my go to choice for life, AD&D and/or flight insurance when I travel. I only fly every couple of years, but through these past 30 years Travelex has always been there. Whether you purchase from them by phone, mail, or website it is always easy to understand your choices.

5.00/5

Hello, the claim was Easy to submit via email. I also felt at ease having this coverage. I did have to call for clarification on how to calculate the claim amount. The staff were very helpful. Thank you very much!

5.00/5

Fantastic customer service! Everyone is very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The prices are fair for what you get. Claims are responded to in a very timely manner. Have been using Travelex for years and will continue to do so for all my trips.

5.00/5

We have used Travelex many times and recently had to make a claim for trip interruption. It was an unusual circumstance dealing with canceling one of two cruises, but continuing on a planned personal trip. We had good documentation to support our case, and Travelex handled our claim quickly, fairly, and exceeded my expectations in how well we were treated. Our entire claim was paid in full, and we have booked another trip using Travelex again.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My first time taking out a travel insurance couldn’t have been more smooth. My bike bag and suitcase were both damaged when I landed back home. I took pictures and filled out the easy claim and mailed it all in. Within a few weeks I was reimbursed fully. I will always be taking out an insurance for when I travel with Travelex!

5.00/5

I use Travelex almost exclusively for my travel insurance needs. Sometimes I need a full package and other times just medical and minimal coverages. Their website is easy to use and to understand. Over the last couple years I’ve used them for trips to Egypt, Morocco and Ethiopia.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We used this insurance for the first time for an overseas trip in NOVEMBER. After missing our connecting flight to Europe we had to stay overnight in Newark. It was a very stressful experience and we hoped the insurance would cover our costs. We submitted a claim form with detailed documentation and receipts. The claim was accepted with full reimbursement. We will always purchase our insurance through this company going forward. They are amazing!!

5.00/5

This time I didn't have to use my travel insurance, but in my last trip to Costa Rica, we missed our flight because of harsh weather. We had to buy another one since the other airline didn't have other flights the same day. We purchased it, filed a claim and Travelex refunded us for the second ticket. Will use them for sure again.

5.00/5

I had a good experience with the agents that I have spoken to. All questions were answered and service was very professional. Suggestions were given to me that will be beneficial for my trip. I have used Travelex previously for many trips and would recommend it to anyone I know of who will be traveling.

5.00/5

I've purchased travel insurance from Travelex insurance for two trips in the last year. My mother-in-law is in her 90's, so I opted for the full coverage, Individual Travel Protection Insurance Policy in case I have to cancel at the last minute for family emergencies. I had a great purchase experience both times. The agents were straightforward, knowledgeable and good to work with. Full coverage is a large expense, but I feel comfortable and confident my Travelex policy will take care of any unexpected issues that might arise. I'll continue to use Travelex for future trips.

5.00/5

Always Good Service! Was a former travel consultant and recommended to my clients to use them usually. Many years ago (over 10 years ago) our trip to South Africa was interrupted because an airline was shut down and you took good care of us while we stranded in the middle of our trip.

5.00/5

My mother used to travel to Canada to visit my sisters twice a year and bought Travelex medical insurance for her while traveling there. During her last visit she got sick and was taken to ER in Canada. She spent a few hours there and was discharged. Later the Canadian ER sent us the medical bill, which Travelex paid directly to that ER. We are happy to use this company in future. We also recommend it to our friends and others.

5.00/5

I have used Travelex many times. Fortunately, only need to make a claim once and it was well handled. The website is easy to use and the prices are reasonable. Plan to use Travelex whenever I travel in the future.