4.52/5
based on 145 ratings
5.00/5

Great service, I submitted a claim for a loss flight and I was able to do it while I was outside of the US without problems. For the most part I used the app and had no issues. I also called customer service once and they were helpful. Very satisfied.

5.00/5

I sustained a head injury in a foreign country in September of 2019, and had to pay for the clinic visit then. My head was cleaned, stapled and I was given a tetanus shot all for $180.00. When I returned to America I submitted a claim and within a few weeks my claim was paid in full - 100%. I was very glad to see this as I have many friends who go on far away trips and want travel insurance they can trust. I am happy to recommend Travelex. Thank you!

5.00/5

I've purchased Travelex Insurance any time I purchase an airline ticket for last 20 years or so. I've only had to submit claims on two occasions: once when my companion's trip was canceled for a covered reason and another time when I incurred some expenses when my departure date changed due to a canceled flight. I had no problems getting my claims processed. I've never used their emergency assistance line, but having access to it plus having the policy gives me some peace of mind when I travel.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Excellent prices, excellence in customer service. Quick refunds on claims. Exemplary company who gives the insurance industry a great name. I recommend this travel insurance company to one and all. You need not look elsewhere for your travel insurance needs.

5.00/5

Best insurance to take with you to Europe! No need to go to any specific doctor or clinic. Just submit your receipt and you are good. We spent 2 months in Europe and kids had some issues. We were able to see the bear doctor and Travelex reimbursed so quickly with no issues! Will definitely use on every trip to Europe again!

5.00/5

I have often gotten Travelex insurance when I travel and have only had to use it twice, when I had to get medical attention for minor injuries. Both times it was easy to file for reimbursement and I was quickly received the check. I recommend it to my friends who travel.

5.00/5

My husband and I purchased Travelex travel insurance for a Baltic Sea Cruise that we had booked for August, 2019. Since we purchased the insurance within two weeks of booking the cruise, it covered pre-existing conditions. We are thankful that we did because just two days before our departure for Europe my husband ended up in the emergency room with a serious condition that necessitated we cancel our entire trip. I immediately filed a claim with Travelex and within three weeks of filing the claim we received a check for reimbursement of all of our travel costs.

5.00/5

Everything went smoothly. The claims were processed right away and we were given real time update in your website. We will definitely get insurance again from Travelex on our next travel. Customer service was also great and was able to answer right away our queries/concerns especially when my child was hospitalized. Thank you again.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I've gotten Travelex for my family of 4 at least a dozen times in the past. I get it every time I travel internationally. I never had to use it in the past, but this summer, unfortunately, I had to file a claim due to flight cancellation and a one week delay. The process took about 3 weeks from start to finish. It was quick, easy and efficient. Everything was done online and payment came via Paypal. I would recommend this insurance to everyone.

5.00/5

We had to cancel two trips in the last year, both to bad-timed sicknesses. We used two different travel insurance companies. The first took seven months and absolute mountains of paperwork to refund us just $550. They kept asking for the same papers, which I submitted multiple times. It was totally ridiculous! The company for the second canceled trip, Travelex Insurance, actually refunded us more than we originally requested. It took about a month, and it only took that long because they wanted to make sure we got the same exchange rate that we’d paid. They were AWESOME. The second trip was significantly farther and longer than the first, and they were so much easier to work with, it was a total night-and-day experience. So, long story short, get Travelex Insurance!

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Had a medical emergency and Travelex covered most of the expenses. I submitted the medical records and expenses incurred on my trip and was reimbursed in a timely manner. Great customer service. I would recommend this travel insurance to a friend and I would personally purchase for next trip.

5.00/5

This is a fabulous product with equally fabulous service. This is my travel insurance of choice. Great customer service, very responsive, and easy to buy and use. Claims are paid promptly as long as you have the required documentation. All in all, Travelex is an excellent company.

5.00/5

Purchased a Travelex policy for a cruise this year. Unfortunately I had to cancel 1 day prior to departure due to medical advice from my daughter’s PCP. First step was to call Travelex to confirm coverage. While it was easy to make contact, they would not confirm that my circumstances fell within the scope of a valid claim. Representative spoke in general terms. I asked them to go ahead and begin a claim. I received an email shortly afterwords that explained the claim process.

Initially the documentation requested seemed a bit overwhelming. My submitted claim was 14 pages including documentation from doctor, receipts, cruise documents etc. Travelex allows up to 1 year to submit this documentation. Once I gathered all documentation I scanned and emailed my claim on a Monday evening, I received an email on Friday that my claim had been accepted and would be paid. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the quick turnaround! Honestly I expected a reply with a few hoops I needed to jump through to complete my claim.

I have read many of the good and bad reviews concerning travel insurance. The common denominator in all reviews is due diligence or lack thereof. Folks that read policy documentation and have a general idea of what was covered and what was not seem to have more favorable reviews. I will certainly use Travelex for my future insurance needs. The policy was competitively priced with comprehensive coverage. Claim process was less tedious than expected and quick.

5.00/5

Original review: June 9, 2019

I never had one before because I never thought I'd need one. But this time I travel for important business and I really want to make sure nothing goes wrong so I start looking up about travel insurance the day before my travel. Wow. I'm impressed by how fast the process is! I'm so glad I was able to do it even the day before. This give me a peace of mind during my travel! Thank you!

5.00/5

Insurance policy is very clear and the price is decent comparing to other insurance companies. And also, the reimbursement were quick and customer service are very helpful. Overall, this is a good insurance for traveling within US or outside US.

5.00/5

Thankfully I didn't have to make use of the Insurance this time but, as always, it was an easy process to book. Having had to use Travelex in the past, and having had an extremely good experience with that, I will be using Travelex for all of my international travel going forward!

5.00/5

Very helpful staff and quick process. I had a death and needed to cancel my trip. The forms and process were easy to use and they were easy to communicate with via text, e-mail or phone. I would use them again and do recommend them.

5.00/5

Program components & staff exceeded expectation. My experience with Travelex Insurance since 2004 has been excellent. In our most recent trip, an injury, unfortunately, required us to tap into Travel Select emergency services. What a wonderful group of professionals! Thankful for all of your help. We’re already plan our next trip!

5.00/5

Last month (March 2019) my wife and I began what was supposed to be a two-week vacation in Thailand. Two days after arriving in Bangkok, I was diagnosed with double pneumonia and was hospitalized there for 13 days. The physician required me to rest a few days after discharge before allowing us to fly back to the US. When we returned we filed a carefully documented trip interruption claim for about $10,000 with Travelex on April 9. (An arm of the insurance, On Call International, had already taken care of the hospital bill - quickly and completely, much to our amazement.)

Travelex responded the very next day (!) with an email saying that we would receive a check covering nearly the entirety of our claim. (We are still waiting to hear about one small aspect of the claim.) We received that check today (April 16). Fortunately we have filed very few insurance claims of any kind over our 70+ years, but all of the others have involved initial denials of claims, seemingly unending hassles, etc., before we finally received compensation. This has been a truly extraordinary experience. We will definitely use Travelex for all of our future travel insurance needs.

5.00/5

Unfortunately had to file claim due to elderly father going into hospital with pneumonia during our trip to New Zealand. Provided all the info requested on website and had claim paid in less than a week. Will always use Travelex for my trip insurance plans.

5.00/5

My husband woke up with a terrible cough and he went to see the doctor on our cruise ship. They did blood work, and a chest xray. Gave him a z-pack and some cough meds. They said he had bronchial pneumonia. When we returned home - I filed a claim online. Very quick response time -- within a matter of a week and the claim was complete. Thank you.

5.00/5

Though we have traveled outside of the United States many times in the past, we feel like this is the first time we've found the right travel insurance company. Given top ratings online and a wonderful conversation with a representative enables the thought that we've chosen well.

5.00/5

I rank Travelex among the best in coverage, cost, and service. Through the years of my using Travelex Insurance to provide insurance coverage for various trips, I have always been satisfied with our overall experience. I have recently purchased its coverage again for our 2020 family vacation celebration.

5.00/5

We got this travel insurance and my son was hospitalized, Travelex was very helpful and constantly asking about how my son was progressing. After returning I filed all my documents and Travelex processed and reimbursed everything seamlessly. Great service and experience!

5.00/5

I purchased Travelex insurance for my trip to South Africa and a few weeks before departure, I was diagnosed with Cellulitis. My doctor gave me orders to cancel my trip, as it wouldn't be safe for me to travel such a distance. I promptly cancelled my airline ticket, submitted a claim to Travelex with the documentation required, and within two weeks, I received a check fully reimbursing me for the cost of my ticket. It was a simple, easy process. Travelex came highly recommended to me by friends, but you only know how good a company really is after filing a claim. I was completely satisfied. I'll use Travelex insurance for all my future international trips.

5.00/5

Our backpacking trip ended up getting canceled when a 20 year snow storm came through with record snowfall. I filed the claim on a Thursday the same day the trip was canceled and by the following Monday I was reimbursed the full cost of the permits. Best insurance I have ever bought.

5.00/5

We had to cancel our trip due to surgery. It was unexpected (that's why we planned vacation on the first place). We submitted a claim, our primary care physician filled the required form, and we got full refund.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

We had to cancel the family vacation because my wife got sick, so we submitted the trip cancellation claim. I called to open the claim, but the same could have been done as easy via the website. Although, the documentation required to support the claim was a bit excessive IMO (like a statement from the airline that the ticket's fare was not refundable), we did not have major issues providing all required documents, including the doctor's note, of course. Once the documents were submitted, it took about 2-3 weeks to process the claim and we were able to check the processing status online and, finally, we got a check for the full amount without any issues or additional questions. I think it makes sense to invest some time and prepare all documents upfront - makes everything go smoother. Overall, I am very satisfied with the service received and plan to use Travelex for my future travels as well.

5.00/5

Travelex showed me on my Medical Emergency that when they say insurance they mean it!!! They Covered all my expenses caused thru my Medical Emergency with fair and easy reqs in the approx amount of 8,000. They're avail and worked along very well!

5.00/5

I first purchase travel insurance for a trip abroad in the winter of 2017. I bought a Travelex for my child and I, and a different policy for my spouse. Unfortunately, my spouse became ill and we had to extend our stay. Postponing our return flights cost about $3,000. Fortunately, we had purchased insurance. Both insurance policies covered our expenses, but Travelex was far quicker in refunding us than the other policy. For that reason, I generally choose Travelex and I always buy travel insurance when traveling.