4.42/5
based on 199 ratings
5.00/5

My mother used to travel to Canada to visit my sisters twice a year and bought Travelex medical insurance for her while traveling there. During her last visit she got sick and was taken to ER in Canada. She spent a few hours there and was discharged. Later the Canadian ER sent us the medical bill, which Travelex paid directly to that ER. We are happy to use this company in future. We also recommend it to our friends and others.

5.00/5

I have used Travelex many times. Fortunately, only need to make a claim once and it was well handled. The website is easy to use and the prices are reasonable. Plan to use Travelex whenever I travel in the future.

5.00/5

We had a trip planned and my father was taken into the hospital for an emergency operation. We cancelled our trip and later filed for reimbursement through Travelex after getting his doctor to fill out the simple form.

5.00/5

After researching several travel insurance providers, I decided on Travelex primarily because the emergency medical coverage is better and the policy provides "primary" coverage (i.e., no waiting for my personal medical insurer to reimburse me first), which is a BIG plus. I was also drawn to Travelex because the coverage has a shorter time frame before coverage is triggered (e.g., lost luggage, travel delay and the "look back" period). Even having extra time to review the policy after purchase (e.g., 15 days vs. 10 days) was comforting and gave me greater confidence in choosing Travelex over other providers.

Additionally, knowing that Travelex is a Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, I felt reassured that the coverage would be available, if needed. I was extremely pleased with the time that the Travelex rep patiently answered all my questions about the policy before I purchased it. It was straight talk... not misleading. (I cannot say the same for a competitor's rep that I talked to.) Finally, a special "thank you" to Rhonda, a Travelex Customer Solutions Communications Representative. She was very helpful and quick to respond. I highly recommend Travelex to others.

5.00/5

Insurance is something you need only when you need it. I hope to never need it. That's when you find out how good (or bad) the insurance policy is. Otherwise, travel insurance buys me a piece of mind. Based on online reviews, a friend who uses Travelex, and my past purchase, it is highly regarded as one of the best and affordable travel insurance. What I like about Travelex is the website's ease of use, comparison of policies, and plain English description. I also spoke with a Travelex agent. She was very friendly and knowledgeable addressing all my concerns and scenarios. Travelex is my go to company when considering Travel Insurance. Keep up the great work!

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Called to file a Claim and it was a good experience. The Customer Service Person I dealt with was Professional in assisting me to learn what I needed to do to file a claim. I would have no problem recommending Travelex Program to relatives and friends.

5.00/5

It gives me peace of mind knowing I won't lose thousands of dollars on a pre-paid non-cancelable vacation if something unexpected arises. I did have a claim a few years ago and Travelex paid what was due quickly, efficiently, and without hassle.

5.00/5

My travel agent recommended Travelex and told me that they were the best in the industry and that if I were to purchase travel insurance, which they highly recommended, that Travelex was the only company they would recommend. I did purchase travel insurance and unfortunately things did not work out as they were supposed to. I had an extremely unique situation and quite frankly was doubtful that Travelex would respond as I thought they should (as we've all heard those insurance stories!). Wow, did Travelex ever come through for me!! I could not be more pleased and totally agree with my travel agent.

Go with Travelex if you need travel insurance. They did not let me down. The speed that they responded and reacted was so amazing that I am still in awe. They treated me as a valued customer, listened, had empathy and solved the problem 100%. I could not be happier! Thank you Travelex. I am happy to be your spokesperson as you treated me and my situation with great respect.

5.00/5

I always get travel insurance. I have had to use it once when my husband got sick 2 weeks before a really big trip with air tickets, hotels, transportation and a cruise. I received all of my money and was able to cancel the rest. It was perfect.

5.00/5

This trip was a driving trip thru many countries in Eastern Europe. We purchased this plan but fortunately we did not have to make any claims this time. We have had medical claims in the past on other policies and were paid to us timely.

5.00/5

This is the third time we booked our travel insurance with Travelex. The first time my husband had a stroke while we were on vacation in Hawaii. Our experience was top notch. Their customer service was wonderful and the On Call Intl that they partner with if you need a rescue nurse to travel home with and to make new airline reservations was fantastic. I will always use Travelex for our travel insurance needs and always recommend them.

5.00/5

Having use Travelex Insurance Service for 8 international trips and was very pleased with the ease of applying and quick response with policy and confirmation. One trip the person traveling with me had an emergency medical problem just days before the trip. Travelex worked us to complete all necessary forms and quickly repaid all expenses of the trip. I highly recommend Travelex Insurance Service.

5.00/5

I hurt my knee and was unable to participate in a hiking trip I had insured. I provided the backup documentation and received my full reimbursement without delay. I was very satisfied with the follow through and response time. It was an expensive trip so I was very happy that I had insured with Travelex. I will continue to do so.

5.00/5

I purchased Travelex insurance online and it couldn’t have been easier. My cousin who was a travel agent recommended TRAVELEX. Lost or damaged articles have been paid for by TRAVELEX... a very reputable company... I would definitely recommend this company to any traveler.

5.00/5

Needed insurance to cover my trip before I leave and while I am in Israel and new York. I used this company last year and unfortunately I got sick before I was able to go on my trip to new York; was laid up in the hospital for 6 weeks; Travelex covered me and paid me what I had paid for the trip. Thank you travelex!!

5.00/5

Top notch. You have this process very quick and easy. I have used you multiple times and I have always been more than satisfied. Your simple online entry forms and explanations of all important points of the product are complete and very helpful.

5.00/5

We've been buying travel insurance for years. About seven years ago a friend who's a travel agent recommended Travelex's Travel Select. Last year, for the first time, I had to file a claim for a cruise ticket that was paid in full and nonrefundable. We had no idea what to expect, but we were very pleasantly surprised. The process was reasonable, straightforward and businesslike. We were reimbursed every dime we'd paid. It was even timely. I have nothing but praise for Travelex's service. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone -- and already have. I'm happy to have a chance to say "thank you."

5.00/5

My husband was hospitalized for four days with severe food poisoning in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Travelex was extremely helpful while we were in the hospital. We missed our flight to our next destination in southern Thailand. Travelex offered to help us cancel other flights we missed. I didn't ask for a hotel for me to stay in during this time because the hospital provided me a bed to sleep in his room and help take care of him. The hospital was nicer than most US hospitals I've seen.

After he was released from the hospital, Travelex gave us the option of either returning home early or catching us up with our trip. We chose the second option. They paid for a beautiful hotel for us to stay in Chiang Mai so he could fully recover, then paid for a flight to Bangkok so we could take our original return flight home. They paid for non-refundable costs of hotels, activities, and flights that we missed. Once we returned home, filing the claims was easy and we received a check in the mail two weeks later for the full amount we requested - no questions asked.

I can't believe how easy this insurance company was to deal with and how helpful they were while my husband was sick in the hospital. Great 24/7 customer service representatives (English-speaking Americans). I would recommend them to a friend. I insured my upcoming trip to Italy with them and will continue to use them in the future!

5.00/5

Making this purchase for our cruise coverage was so easy. After checking other sites, I found that Travelex Insurance had the best price and was the easiest site to navigate. Now, I know exactly where to go for travel insurance for my next voyage.

5.00/5

This is the fourth time I purchase insurance for a trip. The site is very easy to use. You never know when you need it. My friend got sick on our last cruise, and as you can imagen the cost was very high and the insurance covered it and paid within a reasonable timeframe.

5.00/5

Getting the quote was very easy and the value for the money was great compared to some other plans. The plan provided all the necessary coverages at a great price. Coverage for pre-existing conditions for example was very important for us to have and this plan includes it at no additional cost.

5.00/5

As always, the website was easy to use, but I did have a slightly different circumstance this time so called the Travelex assistance line. The agent was very friendly, professional, and extremely helpful and I had all my questions answered in a very short time. Travelex is by far the best travel insurance company I have had the opportunity to work with.

5.00/5

Original review: June 21, 2018

I am a frequent traveler but have only made 1 claim which was handled expeditiously and professionally. My wife and I were returning from a cruise to the Svalbard Archipelago 2 years ago, and our charter flight leaving Longyearbyen was delayed many hours. This resulted in us being diverted to an airport in Northern Norway, and missing our flight home from CDG airport Paris to Miami. We had to purchase a return ticket the following day, incurring hotel and airline ticket expenses that were not cheap. Travelex rapidly resolved this claim in a satisfactory manner.

5.00/5

We have travel/cruised twice a year for the past 6+ years and being in our senior years we ALWAYS purchase Travelex Insurance. While traveling with friends a few years ago, whom we encouraged to also by Travelex insurance, they experienced a medical condition that left them disembarked in a foreign country. Travelx served them well, very well indeed.

We never thought that something like that would ever happen to us, but it did, just 3 months ago while in Sydney Australia in route to catch a cruise ship to New Zealand. My wife was hospitalized there for 10 days and our American medical insurance was useless to us. If we had not had Travel Insurance the hospital would not have admitted her without a VERY VERY large cash deposit. To make matters worse, our cruise ship left without us.

Travelex was wonderful. They handled everything, from the financials to the scheduling and got us home safely after 2 weeks living in stress, in a foreign country. Once home Travelex made us whole again, reimbursing us for all vacation travel expenses, cruise costs, and paid off the hospital and doctors in Sydney Australia. How Wonderful Is That!

5.00/5

I made a mistake when I listed the cost of the trip and I contacted them right away. They immediately rectified the problem and saved me some money. I have also used them and had a hospitalization and missed our flight home. They took care of all expenses and got us home (yes, to our door) and I had our money in two weeks from filing papers. I use them for every trip out of the country and “don’t leave home without it”!

5.00/5

I was very content with Travelex Insurance, for the peace of mind to travel. I had a dental problem in Bogota and I was refunded immediately upon my return. Another time I got sick in Dubai and again when I returned I got paid right away. I always recommend Travelex to my friends. Thank you.

5.00/5

I have been using Travelex travel insurance for almost 15 years and have used your website almost that whole time. I find the site easy to use and very straightforward. Never had any problems. You guys do a good job. Keep up the good work.

5.00/5

I have always been impressed with the service provided by Travelex, from my trip to Czech Republic, to Peru, to Thailand and other destinations, Travelex have been my companion. I have told all my traveling companions about the wonderful service and the quick response of Travelex. Keep up the good work.

5.00/5

Did a little bit of research and google search online along with reading reviews before doing a comparison of coverages vs. prices. I was trying to compare independent companies and products with what the river cruise line was selling me. We looked at 6 in-depth and decided on Travelex because it had the best intersection of our needs, good reviews and decent prices!

5.00/5

After I ordered a policy online, I was unsure I had done it correctly since it involved a move and potential change of address before the travel date. I called and got great, prompt customer service on the phone. Made me feel good about the company.