3.93/5
based on 117 ratings
5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I always buy insurance from Travelex when traveling abroad. Buying an insurance online is easy and also filing a claim is easy and payment is fast! Now the payment can be received in Paypal account, which makes the payment process much faster.

5.00/5

I have not yet traveled but so far my experience with Travelex has been very good. The price was ~1/2 of what Viking quoted and had had to change the dates of my travel and the customer service was very good. Agents are friendly and very helpful. I hope that I don't have any travel problems but knowing that I have Travelex will give me peace of mind.

5.00/5

Signing up for Travelex insurance was fast and efficient. The confirmation report was comprehensive regarding coverage. It also provided good information about the plan and how to contact the company.

5.00/5

I've used you guys for several years on international trips. I've never needed the insurance, BUT it is great to know that I had it!! I am a traveler who enjoys delving into the culture and excitement of a city. This means walking, trying new foods, short tours, train travel, and staying at various hotels or friend's homes. It's nice to know that if something happens I'm covered. PLUS The price was great for the coverage. PLEASE KEEP THE PRICE AFFORDABLE. THIS IS WHAT MATTERS TO MOST PEOPLE. ALSO - LIKED having the condensed info sheet. I was able to keep a doc on myself with my passport and share with the important people if something happened.

5.00/5

Travelex is highly rated, offers good choices of products and they seem reasonably priced. The website was very easy to navigate. Overall, it was a very good experience. I would definitely recommend Travelex to family members and friends. In addition, I will return for additional coverage when I need it.

5.00/5

Wanted to assure I had correctly entered some information on the application. Call was answered immediately and agent was very polite and efficient. Issue resolved quickly and with minimal effort. Very convenient and pleasant. Great service!! Keep up the good work!

5.00/5

First time purchaser so I asked the representative to walk me through the application process. She was efficient, took the one needed and answered all questions. Next time I plan on purchasing trip insurance I’ll use Travelex again. Very pleased.

5.00/5

I find the website easy and quick to use when getting coverage. I use this service a lot as I travel a great deal. Travelex is worldwide and on the two occasions I have submitted a claim it was dealt with very promptly and professionally.

5.00/5

I made calls on 2 occasions to ensure I was selecting the correct coverage and with help w/ your website. Your Customer Service was GREAT! Many thanks. This is first time to use TravelEx and my needs were very simple. Help me w/ protection of my $7000 home rental investment for my family summer vacay.

5.00/5

I had a flight delay requiring a stay at an airport hotel for a night. I forgot that this was covered in my policy and 2 months later I emailed a claim with supporting documents. A check arrived 2 weeks later with full payment. Can't be happier than that!

5.00/5

I purchased insurance for two trips last year. I called the first time with a question and the person I talked to was very helpful. This was such a good experience that I bought your insurance for my second trip. I am probably going overseas again this year and will be buying a policy for that trip also.

5.00/5

We have purchased travel insurance policies a number of times from Travelex. I have found the website easy to use for comparing costs and policy features. A number of years ago we had a claim resulting from the death of a close relative just before a trip was to begin and found the claims process reasonable and timely. We are satisfied customers.

5.00/5

I sustained a head injury in a foreign country in September of 2019, and had to pay for the clinic visit then. My head was cleaned, stapled and I was given a tetanus shot all for $180.00. When I returned to America I submitted a claim and within a few weeks my claim was paid in full - 100%. I was very glad to see this as I have many friends who go on far away trips and want travel insurance they can trust. I am happy to recommend Travelex. Thank you!

5.00/5

Great service, I submitted a claim for a loss flight and I was able to do it while I was outside of the US without problems. For the most part I used the app and had no issues. I also called customer service once and they were helpful. Very satisfied.

5.00/5

I've purchased Travelex Insurance any time I purchase an airline ticket for last 20 years or so. I've only had to submit claims on two occasions: once when my companion's trip was canceled for a covered reason and another time when I incurred some expenses when my departure date changed due to a canceled flight. I had no problems getting my claims processed. I've never used their emergency assistance line, but having access to it plus having the policy gives me some peace of mind when I travel.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Excellent prices, excellence in customer service. Quick refunds on claims. Exemplary company who gives the insurance industry a great name. I recommend this travel insurance company to one and all. You need not look elsewhere for your travel insurance needs.

5.00/5

Best insurance to take with you to Europe! No need to go to any specific doctor or clinic. Just submit your receipt and you are good. We spent 2 months in Europe and kids had some issues. We were able to see the bear doctor and Travelex reimbursed so quickly with no issues! Will definitely use on every trip to Europe again!

5.00/5

I have often gotten Travelex insurance when I travel and have only had to use it twice, when I had to get medical attention for minor injuries. Both times it was easy to file for reimbursement and I was quickly received the check. I recommend it to my friends who travel.

5.00/5

My husband and I purchased Travelex travel insurance for a Baltic Sea Cruise that we had booked for August, 2019. Since we purchased the insurance within two weeks of booking the cruise, it covered pre-existing conditions. We are thankful that we did because just two days before our departure for Europe my husband ended up in the emergency room with a serious condition that necessitated we cancel our entire trip. I immediately filed a claim with Travelex and within three weeks of filing the claim we received a check for reimbursement of all of our travel costs.

5.00/5

Everything went smoothly. The claims were processed right away and we were given real time update in your website. We will definitely get insurance again from Travelex on our next travel. Customer service was also great and was able to answer right away our queries/concerns especially when my child was hospitalized. Thank you again.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I've gotten Travelex for my family of 4 at least a dozen times in the past. I get it every time I travel internationally. I never had to use it in the past, but this summer, unfortunately, I had to file a claim due to flight cancellation and a one week delay. The process took about 3 weeks from start to finish. It was quick, easy and efficient. Everything was done online and payment came via Paypal. I would recommend this insurance to everyone.

5.00/5

We had to cancel two trips in the last year, both to bad-timed sicknesses. We used two different travel insurance companies. The first took seven months and absolute mountains of paperwork to refund us just $550. They kept asking for the same papers, which I submitted multiple times. It was totally ridiculous! The company for the second canceled trip, Travelex Insurance, actually refunded us more than we originally requested. It took about a month, and it only took that long because they wanted to make sure we got the same exchange rate that we’d paid. They were AWESOME. The second trip was significantly farther and longer than the first, and they were so much easier to work with, it was a total night-and-day experience. So, long story short, get Travelex Insurance!

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Had a medical emergency and Travelex covered most of the expenses. I submitted the medical records and expenses incurred on my trip and was reimbursed in a timely manner. Great customer service. I would recommend this travel insurance to a friend and I would personally purchase for next trip.

5.00/5

This is a fabulous product with equally fabulous service. This is my travel insurance of choice. Great customer service, very responsive, and easy to buy and use. Claims are paid promptly as long as you have the required documentation. All in all, Travelex is an excellent company.

5.00/5

Purchased a Travelex policy for a cruise this year. Unfortunately I had to cancel 1 day prior to departure due to medical advice from my daughter’s PCP. First step was to call Travelex to confirm coverage. While it was easy to make contact, they would not confirm that my circumstances fell within the scope of a valid claim. Representative spoke in general terms. I asked them to go ahead and begin a claim. I received an email shortly afterwords that explained the claim process.

Initially the documentation requested seemed a bit overwhelming. My submitted claim was 14 pages including documentation from doctor, receipts, cruise documents etc. Travelex allows up to 1 year to submit this documentation. Once I gathered all documentation I scanned and emailed my claim on a Monday evening, I received an email on Friday that my claim had been accepted and would be paid. I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the quick turnaround! Honestly I expected a reply with a few hoops I needed to jump through to complete my claim.

I have read many of the good and bad reviews concerning travel insurance. The common denominator in all reviews is due diligence or lack thereof. Folks that read policy documentation and have a general idea of what was covered and what was not seem to have more favorable reviews. I will certainly use Travelex for my future insurance needs. The policy was competitively priced with comprehensive coverage. Claim process was less tedious than expected and quick.

5.00/5

Original review: June 9, 2019

I never had one before because I never thought I'd need one. But this time I travel for important business and I really want to make sure nothing goes wrong so I start looking up about travel insurance the day before my travel. Wow. I'm impressed by how fast the process is! I'm so glad I was able to do it even the day before. This give me a peace of mind during my travel! Thank you!

5.00/5

Insurance policy is very clear and the price is decent comparing to other insurance companies. And also, the reimbursement were quick and customer service are very helpful. Overall, this is a good insurance for traveling within US or outside US.

5.00/5

Thankfully I didn't have to make use of the Insurance this time but, as always, it was an easy process to book. Having had to use Travelex in the past, and having had an extremely good experience with that, I will be using Travelex for all of my international travel going forward!

5.00/5

Very helpful staff and quick process. I had a death and needed to cancel my trip. The forms and process were easy to use and they were easy to communicate with via text, e-mail or phone. I would use them again and do recommend them.

5.00/5

Program components & staff exceeded expectation. My experience with Travelex Insurance since 2004 has been excellent. In our most recent trip, an injury, unfortunately, required us to tap into Travel Select emergency services. What a wonderful group of professionals! Thankful for all of your help. We’re already plan our next trip!