4.42/5
based on 222 ratings
5.00/5

I have used Travelex for many years without having to make a claim. Last summer, my son got sick two days before a trip out of the country and was advised not to fly. I contacted the company immediately and filed a claim. The response was prompt and the time frame to obtain a resolution to the claim was of about two weeks. I dealt with another company in the past and it was a grueling experience to say the least even when a death certificate was sent to the company. Travelex on the other hand is prompt, transparent, professional and worth every penny. I highly recommend Travelex!

5.00/5

Travelex showed me on my Medical Emergency that when they say insurance they mean it!!! They Covered all my expenses caused thru my Medical Emergency with fair and easy reqs in the approx amount of 8,000. They're avail and worked along very well!

5.00/5

I first purchase travel insurance for a trip abroad in the winter of 2017. I bought a Travelex for my child and I, and a different policy for my spouse. Unfortunately, my spouse became ill and we had to extend our stay. Postponing our return flights cost about $3,000. Fortunately, we had purchased insurance. Both insurance policies covered our expenses, but Travelex was far quicker in refunding us than the other policy. For that reason, I generally choose Travelex and I always buy travel insurance when traveling.

5.00/5

Matt was such a great help to us! Answered all our questions with such thoroughness and patience. We would highly recommend Travelex and already have! Our wait time was minimal and the price was far better than the tour operator!

5.00/5

Whenever I travel internationally, about 5 x a year, Travelex goes with me! Your prices are reasonable and I appreciate being able to get a quote so easily. No long waits on hold! The peace of mind I feel using Travelex is priceless! Thank you!

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Travelex has always been my go to choice for life, AD&D and/or flight insurance when I travel. I only fly every couple of years, but through these past 30 years Travelex has always been there. Whether you purchase from them by phone, mail, or website it is always easy to understand your choices.

5.00/5

Hello, the claim was Easy to submit via email. I also felt at ease having this coverage. I did have to call for clarification on how to calculate the claim amount. The staff were very helpful. Thank you very much!

5.00/5

Fantastic customer service! Everyone is very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The prices are fair for what you get. Claims are responded to in a very timely manner. Have been using Travelex for years and will continue to do so for all my trips.

5.00/5

We have used Travelex many times and recently had to make a claim for trip interruption. It was an unusual circumstance dealing with canceling one of two cruises, but continuing on a planned personal trip. We had good documentation to support our case, and Travelex handled our claim quickly, fairly, and exceeded my expectations in how well we were treated. Our entire claim was paid in full, and we have booked another trip using Travelex again.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My first time taking out a travel insurance couldn’t have been more smooth. My bike bag and suitcase were both damaged when I landed back home. I took pictures and filled out the easy claim and mailed it all in. Within a few weeks I was reimbursed fully. I will always be taking out an insurance for when I travel with Travelex!

5.00/5

I use Travelex almost exclusively for my travel insurance needs. Sometimes I need a full package and other times just medical and minimal coverages. Their website is easy to use and to understand. Over the last couple years I’ve used them for trips to Egypt, Morocco and Ethiopia.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We used this insurance for the first time for an overseas trip in NOVEMBER. After missing our connecting flight to Europe we had to stay overnight in Newark. It was a very stressful experience and we hoped the insurance would cover our costs. We submitted a claim form with detailed documentation and receipts. The claim was accepted with full reimbursement. We will always purchase our insurance through this company going forward. They are amazing!!

5.00/5

This time I didn't have to use my travel insurance, but in my last trip to Costa Rica, we missed our flight because of harsh weather. We had to buy another one since the other airline didn't have other flights the same day. We purchased it, filed a claim and Travelex refunded us for the second ticket. Will use them for sure again.

5.00/5

I had a good experience with the agents that I have spoken to. All questions were answered and service was very professional. Suggestions were given to me that will be beneficial for my trip. I have used Travelex previously for many trips and would recommend it to anyone I know of who will be traveling.

5.00/5

I've purchased travel insurance from Travelex insurance for two trips in the last year. My mother-in-law is in her 90's, so I opted for the full coverage, Individual Travel Protection Insurance Policy in case I have to cancel at the last minute for family emergencies. I had a great purchase experience both times. The agents were straightforward, knowledgeable and good to work with. Full coverage is a large expense, but I feel comfortable and confident my Travelex policy will take care of any unexpected issues that might arise. I'll continue to use Travelex for future trips.

5.00/5

Always Good Service! Was a former travel consultant and recommended to my clients to use them usually. Many years ago (over 10 years ago) our trip to South Africa was interrupted because an airline was shut down and you took good care of us while we stranded in the middle of our trip.

5.00/5

My mother used to travel to Canada to visit my sisters twice a year and bought Travelex medical insurance for her while traveling there. During her last visit she got sick and was taken to ER in Canada. She spent a few hours there and was discharged. Later the Canadian ER sent us the medical bill, which Travelex paid directly to that ER. We are happy to use this company in future. We also recommend it to our friends and others.

5.00/5

I have used Travelex many times. Fortunately, only need to make a claim once and it was well handled. The website is easy to use and the prices are reasonable. Plan to use Travelex whenever I travel in the future.

5.00/5

We had a trip planned and my father was taken into the hospital for an emergency operation. We cancelled our trip and later filed for reimbursement through Travelex after getting his doctor to fill out the simple form.

5.00/5

After researching several travel insurance providers, I decided on Travelex primarily because the emergency medical coverage is better and the policy provides "primary" coverage (i.e., no waiting for my personal medical insurer to reimburse me first), which is a BIG plus. I was also drawn to Travelex because the coverage has a shorter time frame before coverage is triggered (e.g., lost luggage, travel delay and the "look back" period). Even having extra time to review the policy after purchase (e.g., 15 days vs. 10 days) was comforting and gave me greater confidence in choosing Travelex over other providers.

Additionally, knowing that Travelex is a Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, I felt reassured that the coverage would be available, if needed. I was extremely pleased with the time that the Travelex rep patiently answered all my questions about the policy before I purchased it. It was straight talk... not misleading. (I cannot say the same for a competitor's rep that I talked to.) Finally, a special "thank you" to Rhonda, a Travelex Customer Solutions Communications Representative. She was very helpful and quick to respond. I highly recommend Travelex to others.

5.00/5

Insurance is something you need only when you need it. I hope to never need it. That's when you find out how good (or bad) the insurance policy is. Otherwise, travel insurance buys me a piece of mind. Based on online reviews, a friend who uses Travelex, and my past purchase, it is highly regarded as one of the best and affordable travel insurance. What I like about Travelex is the website's ease of use, comparison of policies, and plain English description. I also spoke with a Travelex agent. She was very friendly and knowledgeable addressing all my concerns and scenarios. Travelex is my go to company when considering Travel Insurance. Keep up the great work!

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Called to file a Claim and it was a good experience. The Customer Service Person I dealt with was Professional in assisting me to learn what I needed to do to file a claim. I would have no problem recommending Travelex Program to relatives and friends.

5.00/5

It gives me peace of mind knowing I won't lose thousands of dollars on a pre-paid non-cancelable vacation if something unexpected arises. I did have a claim a few years ago and Travelex paid what was due quickly, efficiently, and without hassle.

5.00/5

My travel agent recommended Travelex and told me that they were the best in the industry and that if I were to purchase travel insurance, which they highly recommended, that Travelex was the only company they would recommend. I did purchase travel insurance and unfortunately things did not work out as they were supposed to. I had an extremely unique situation and quite frankly was doubtful that Travelex would respond as I thought they should (as we've all heard those insurance stories!). Wow, did Travelex ever come through for me!! I could not be more pleased and totally agree with my travel agent.

Go with Travelex if you need travel insurance. They did not let me down. The speed that they responded and reacted was so amazing that I am still in awe. They treated me as a valued customer, listened, had empathy and solved the problem 100%. I could not be happier! Thank you Travelex. I am happy to be your spokesperson as you treated me and my situation with great respect.

5.00/5

I always get travel insurance. I have had to use it once when my husband got sick 2 weeks before a really big trip with air tickets, hotels, transportation and a cruise. I received all of my money and was able to cancel the rest. It was perfect.

5.00/5

This trip was a driving trip thru many countries in Eastern Europe. We purchased this plan but fortunately we did not have to make any claims this time. We have had medical claims in the past on other policies and were paid to us timely.

5.00/5

This is the third time we booked our travel insurance with Travelex. The first time my husband had a stroke while we were on vacation in Hawaii. Our experience was top notch. Their customer service was wonderful and the On Call Intl that they partner with if you need a rescue nurse to travel home with and to make new airline reservations was fantastic. I will always use Travelex for our travel insurance needs and always recommend them.

5.00/5

Having use Travelex Insurance Service for 8 international trips and was very pleased with the ease of applying and quick response with policy and confirmation. One trip the person traveling with me had an emergency medical problem just days before the trip. Travelex worked us to complete all necessary forms and quickly repaid all expenses of the trip. I highly recommend Travelex Insurance Service.

5.00/5

I hurt my knee and was unable to participate in a hiking trip I had insured. I provided the backup documentation and received my full reimbursement without delay. I was very satisfied with the follow through and response time. It was an expensive trip so I was very happy that I had insured with Travelex. I will continue to do so.

5.00/5

I purchased Travelex insurance online and it couldn’t have been easier. My cousin who was a travel agent recommended TRAVELEX. Lost or damaged articles have been paid for by TRAVELEX... a very reputable company... I would definitely recommend this company to any traveler.